PDA

View Full Version : Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn

Pages : [1] 2

tessalasset
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Ok, have we talked about this yet? Has anyone gotten into this book series? I know I'm three years late on this train, but my boss just got me into them last week. I flew threw Twilight and I just bought New Moon today and I'm halfway through it already. Obsessed Harry Potter-style with these books. Anyone?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1150/838281501_81a5f8f711.jpg

rage patton
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I heard there is a movie coming out this November or December or something. That was the first time I had ever heard of these books.

sames44
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I saw this series at Borders for the 1st time with the most recent release and got interested (love vampire stories) but wanted to hear whether they are decent. Nice to know! Speaking of vampires, are you going to watch True Blood?

bmack86
09-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Somehow an early copy of her newest one leaked online before she was done with it. She was so disappointed that she just put her latest copy on her site and said she probably won't finish it.

Pixiessp
09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I started reading it and I lost interest. I was surprised I couldn't get into it as I love Vampires. It is very teenager like and this turned me off.
Sorry Tessa.

suprefan
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
They never end up doing it, there, I spoiled it all for everyone. And yeah, movie in December...

C DUB YA
09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I started reading it and I lost interest. I was surprised I couldn't get into it as I love Vampires. It is very teenager like and this turned me off.
Sorry Tessa.

Yeah I feel ya - me no likey either. Tis no Lestat.

The last book received HORRID reviews in numerous pubs - some fans even demanded money back - so if you stick with it ((which I didn't) - might wanna be prepped for the big let down.

C DUB YA
09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I saw this series at Borders for the 1st time with the most recent release and got interested (love vampire stories) but wanted to hear whether they are decent. Nice to know! Speaking of vampires, are you going to watch True Blood?

Much more interested in True Blood than Twilight.

captncrzy
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
My kid is into them; I personally hadn't heard of it until recently. so I'm late on the gravy train too.....mmmmmmmm.....gravy.......

Pixiessp
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah I feel ya - me no likey either. Tis no Lestat.

The last book received HORRID reviews in numerous pubs - some fans even demanded money back - so if you stick with it ((which I didn't) - might wanna be prepped for the big let down.

I have moved on.

TomAz
09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
everyone in my house is reading those books right now. except me.

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Fuck this. I'll stick to my Potter

C DUB YA
09-04-2008, 08:25 AM
wise

samiksha
09-04-2008, 08:51 AM
well i have my finger on the pulse of the purchases of middle class white people in ann arbor michigan, and they are digging this.

C DUB YA
09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
The books, by multiple standards, just aren't very good.

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Entertainment Weekly (shut up) did a cover story on the books and movies not too long ago and after familiarizing myself wit hthe general plots of the books, I'm just not interested in the least bit. Some stupid girl falls in love with a vampire along with a normal dude, and it's some silly love-triangle? That's what I got from it

Ardentbiscuit
09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I haven't read the books but they seem to attract lots of teenage girls.

I do like the fact that the author includes suggested music to listen to play lists for her books..

The Twilight Soundtrack:

1. "Why Does it Always Rain on Me?" Travis
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" [video edit] My Chemical Romance
3. "Creep" [radio edit] Radiohead
4. "In My Place" Coldplay
5. "By Myself" Linkin Park
6. "Dreaming" OMD
7. "Please Forgive Me" David Gray
8. "Here With Me" Dido
9. "With You" [reanimation remix] Linkin Park
10. "Time is Running Out" Muse
11. "Dreams" The Cranberries
12. "Tremble for My Beloved" Collective Soul
13. "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)" Billy Joel

New Moon Playlist

"Do you realize?" - The Flaming Lips (B)
"Papercut" - Linkin Park (B)
"Hyper Music" - Muse (B)
"Apocalypse Please" - Muse (B)
"Time Stands Still" - The All-American Rejects (B)
"Empty Room" - Marjorie Fair (B)
"Unwell" - Matchbox Twenty (B)
"Pain" - Jimmy Eat World (B)
"Ride" - The Vines (B)
"Fix You" - Coldplay (J)
"Blueside" - Rooney (B)
"Over My Head (Cable Car)" - The Fray (B)
"Going Under" - Evanescence (B)
"Tautou" - Brand New (B)
"Be My Escape" - Relient K (B)
"Never Let You Down" - Verve Pipe (J)
"Sing For Absolution" - Muse (E)
"Ya Mamma" - Fatboy Slim (Generic action-scene music)
"D.O.A." - Foo Fighters
"Stare" - Marjorie Fair (B)
"Memory" - Sugarcult (B)
"The Truth About Heaven" - Armor For Sleep (B)
"The Scientist" - Coldplay (E)
"Sound of Pulling Heaven Down" - Blue October (E)

Alternates:

"Drag" - Placebo (B)
"Like A Stone" - Audioslave (B)
"World Has Turned and Left Me Here" - Weezer (B)
"Best I Ever Had" - Vertical Horizon (B)
"My Immortal" - Evanescence (B)
"Not the One" - Collective Soul (B)
"Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2 (B)
"Rest In Pieces" - Saliva (B)
"White Flag" - Dido (B)
"Everybody's Changing" - Keane (B)
"Unintended" - Muse (B)
"I Miss You" - Blink 182 (B)
"The Reason" - Hoobastank (E)
"Hate Me" (radio edit) - Blue October (E)

Eclipse Playlist

Mexican Standoff Elbow
Hamburg Song Keane
Clocks Coldplay
The Small Print Muse
Stab My Back The All-American Rejects
Overweight [edited] Blue October
Mr. Brightside The Killers
Newborn Muse
Love Me Like You The Magic Numbers
Vindicated Dashboard Confessional
Hysteria Muse
Uninvited Alanis Morissette
Yes Please Muse
Infra-Red Placebo
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot Brand New
Luv Travis
Blackout Muse
It's A Disaster Ok Go
*This Is How I Disappear My Chemical Romance
*Sleep My Chemical Romance
*Falling Away With You Muse
*Accident & Emergency Patrick Wolf
*The Well and the Lighthouse Arcade Fire
*I couldn't make up my mind about the last song on the playlist, so pick your favorite of these five!

Breaking Dawn Playlist
Book I

Beach Boys Wouldn't It Be Nice
Billy Idol White Wedding
(INXS Never Tear Us Apart)
(Muse Can't Take My Eyes Off of You)
Blue October Congratulations
Plain White T's Take Me Away
Jack's Mannequin Dark Blue
Coldplay No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground
Fuel Hemorrhage

Book II

Nine Inch Nails Down In It
Aerosmith What it Takes
Incubus Earth to Bella (part 1)
Interpol No I in Threesome
Korn Twisted Transistor
TV on the Radio Wolf Like Me
My Chemical Romance The Sharpest Lives
Motion City Soundtrack Point of Extinction
R.E.M. Accelerate
Blue October My Never (song not released until March 2009)
Jimmy Gnecco Someone to Die For

Book III

Smashing Pumpkins Today
Right Said Fred I'm Too Sexy
(Jimmy Eat World Chase this Light)
(Jackie Wilson Your Love is Lifting Me Higher)
Linkin Park Pts. Of Athrty
3 Doors Down Duck and Run
Simon and Garfunkel Hazy Shade of Winter
Death Cab for Cutie I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Muse Intro [Absolution]
Muse Take A Bow
Muse Assassin
Ok Go Invincible
Travis Safe
Arcade Fire No Cars Go

Roadkillhighway951
09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
for my vampire needs all i need to turn to is the lost boys part 1 and 2

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh it's definitely a teenage girl book, I'm not denying that. It's just addicting as fuck. Guilty pleasure style. I don't think it's as good as Harry Potter on a whole, but it has such a great love story (so far, at least). And the author is way more inclusive than JK ever was. She has a bunch of writings of back story that make the books even better. Stuff I could only dream of with HP.

The movie comes out on November 21. Can't WAIT.

C DUB YA
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
just sayin - it ends poorly

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
My boss got me into it and said she LOVED the end. She said younger kids tended to hate the ending but adults loved it.

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
DONT SPOIL, btw. I will fucking hunt you down if you spoil, C Dub.

thinnerair
09-04-2008, 10:55 AM
November 21 is my birthday.
Speaking of teenage girl obsessions, my gf just finished watching all of the episodes of BUFFY. She was f'ing obsessed!!!

TomAz
09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
you're dating a teenage girl?

thinnerair
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
i don't even know what to say.

kreutz2112
09-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I opened the last book and read the dedications. She dedicated the book to her favorite band - Muse - I then closed the book and set it back down. I think the broad that writes these is from utah. She went to BYU or something.

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 11:20 AM
she didcated the book to muse??

you've gotta be fucking kidding me

Pixiessp
09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I opened the last book and read the dedications. She dedicated the book to her favorite band - Muse - I then closed the book and set it back down. I think the broad that writes these is from utah. She went to BYU or something.

LOL!!!!!!!

Ardentbiscuit
09-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I think she grew up in Arizona but went to school in Utah.

She is married and has 3 kids and is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

She recently did that book release party at UCLA Royce Hall were she had Justin from Blue October sing some songs and she answered questions about her newest book, "Breaking Dawn".

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 11:56 AM
fuck all y'all.

PotVsKtl
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
These books are almost as good as hot trailer sex with Dog the Bountry Hunter.

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 12:11 PM
You too, Pot.

C DUB YA
09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
DONT SPOIL, btw. I will fucking hunt you down if you spoil, C Dub.

never would do that

PotVsKtl
09-04-2008, 12:18 PM
The unicorn dies.

Young blood
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
dog was pretty hot in his younger days.

Hannahrain
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/27381.jpg

tessalasset
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
the tattoo is the best part.

ps quit tainting my thread.

Ardentbiscuit
11-18-2008, 06:32 AM
On the news they are showing footage of the psycho fans waiting at the Hollywood and Highland Hot Topic to meet the stars. I guess the people waiting in line were told they would meet the stars but the stars aren't going to be there now but they didn't bother telling them as they wait in line so the reporter is breaking it to the girls in line who are freaking out. This is like a bad reality show.

I guess Paramore is still playing for this event. Talk about stabbing in the knife, pouring in the salt and twisting the knife.

Pixiessp
11-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I still haven't finished the first book.

PotVsKtl
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
That's a perfect example of a post that should not have made it out of your head. Contribute to the internet or leave it lie.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Radiohead>Twilight

Mr.Nipples
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
R.L. Stine

Pixiessp
11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
That's a perfect example of a post that should not have made it out of your head. Contribute to the internet or leave it lie.

did I see you on the news in that gaggle of girls pissing their pants because they wouldn't get a chance to see Edward?

you make quite a few insignificant posts in here yourself.

Pots belong in the kitchen.

PotVsKtl
11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I still haven't found that joke amusing.

McAwesome
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I have midnight tickets for the movie!

Pixiessp
11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
ha ha ha. I was expressing shame at the fact I had not finished the first book. I was not mocking this thread in any way.

Alchemy
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I've read the series, Tessa. I'll contribute to your thread.

Although I have to admit... The only thing I really liked about the book was its setting in the Washington area, because it seems like a nice place and I was wondering if I should go to school there.

kreutz2112
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
muse.

Astrid
11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
i only had to read 15 pages to know that the writing is absolute shit.

and i mean shit for young adult fiction. i was already prepared for it to be childish, just not terrible. i wanted to like it...

kroqken
11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I want to see Twilight because Nikki Reed is in it, she is adorable. She was great in the movie Thirteen with Evan Rachel Wood.

Pixiessp
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I forgot she was in it. I am definitely going to see it over the weekend.

kroqken
11-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Nikki Reed is only a supporting character, but that is enough support for me. I still have to get around to seeing JCVD before I see twilight.

McAwesome
11-19-2008, 08:29 PM
oh, and I'm totally on Team Jacob!!

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-19-2008, 08:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/CitizenKane/loltwilight.jpg

kitt kat
11-20-2008, 01:47 AM
HAHAHAHAH AMAZING.

I went home this weekend, and found my blonde, ditzy, never-stepped-foot-in-a-bookstore-in-her-life little sister OBSESSED with these books, to the point where she has TWILIGHT POSTERS in her bedroom.

I picked up a copy and could barely get through several pages. It's dripping with purple prose, the female character is weak and submissive; from the critiques I've read, she only acts based upon how her boyfriend will react. (Typical. The chick who wrote it is a Mormon. Wonder where she got the idea of a passive woman is the best woman...) She's probably undersexed by her Mormon husband and has to fantasize about being fucked by a vampire.

My roommate and I then read the Wiki summaries. They are major lolz. Apparently, the girl finds a box of tampons, which leads her to think she's pregnant. Anyone want to explain the logic on that? Is this a Mormon belief? (Don't believe me? Go onto Wikipedia and read the plot summary for "Breaking Dawn.")

bleep
11-20-2008, 06:32 AM
i recently saw a man in his thirties read one of the Twilight books while waiting at an airport terminal. i like to think that he was just sneaking a peek at the "literature" to assess its suitability for his kid (and not because he's a rabid fan of the series).

tessalasset
11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
HAHAHAHAH AMAZING.

I went home this weekend, and found my blonde, ditzy, never-stepped-foot-in-a-bookstore-in-her-life little sister OBSESSED with these books, to the point where she has TWILIGHT POSTERS in her bedroom.

I picked up a copy and could barely get through several pages. It's dripping with purple prose, the female character is weak and submissive; from the critiques I've read, she only acts based upon how her boyfriend will react. (Typical. The chick who wrote it is a Mormon. Wonder where she got the idea of a passive woman is the best woman...) She's probably undersexed by her Mormon husband and has to fantasize about being fucked by a vampire.

My roommate and I then read the Wiki summaries. They are major lolz. Apparently, the girl finds a box of tampons, which leads her to think she's pregnant. Anyone want to explain the logic on that? Is this a Mormon belief? (Don't believe me? Go onto Wikipedia and read the plot summary for "Breaking Dawn.")

MAJOR SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO!

the wiki summary sounds retarded then. so she marries the vampire, and throughout the whole book, she's been trying to get it on with him but he knows if he gives in to that kind of pleasure he's just gonna go apeshit and his animalistic tendencies are going to take over and he could easily kill her without realizing it. they decide to turn her into a vampire, but she talks him in to having sex while she's still human cause it's the one human experience she wants before she's turned. so they have sex and he bruises her up a ton but she's ok over all so they have this hott ass honeymoon on a private island and after a few weeks she feels all sick so she runs to the bathroom to get medicine and finds her box of tampons in her bag, realizes she hasn't had her period in over a month, and that she's pregnant. she didn't just look at a box of tampons and decide she's pregnant.

also she's way stronger of a character than you make her out to be. she ends up being the strongest character in the entire series and ends up saving edward way more than he saves her.

oh and i just met the author on monday with her husband, and the dude is fucking hot. for some reason i doubt they have a bad sex life. hahah.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I just hope Nikki Reed does not die off in the first movie or any of the sequels.

tessalasset
11-20-2008, 10:09 AM
she dies in the first 30 minutes, dude.

i met her at the premiere. she's super super cool. and gorgeous.

Ardentbiscuit
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm getting tired of all this derivative crap.

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I kinda want to see this just because Tessa is so excited about it.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
That sucks that she dies. I am bummed out. I did not know vampires can die.
Tessa > no Tessa

TomAz
11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
ken, did you also not know that vampires are fictional?

Blinken
11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
That sucks that she dies. I am bummed out. I did not know vampires can die.
Tessa > no Tessa

http://projecthauntedhouse.net/woodenStake.JPG

tessalasset
11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
wooden stakes don't do shit to stephenie meyer's vampires. :)

amy you should see it. bring the kids so you have an excuse. i'd also suggest reading the books first but yeah. i've talked to a handful of guys and girls who havent read the books who saw it with us on tuesday and half liked it, half didn't like it. it's a toss up.

i'm seeing it again at midnight tonight. so freaking psyched.

Ill_Eagle
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Twilight sucks. Poorly written slop. The movie will be trash also.

(Don't mind me I'm just grumpy today)

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Is it PG or PG13?

ivankay
11-20-2008, 12:11 PM

amy you should see it. bring the kids so you have an excuse. i'd also suggest reading the books first but yeah. i've talked to a handful of guys and girls who havent read the books who saw it with us on tuesday and half liked it, half didn't like it. it's a toss up.

i'm seeing it again at midnight tonight. so freaking psyched.

Where you gonna see it? If i'm feeling awake and chipper, maybe my choice of theater might be influenced by a Tessa sighting.

sbessiso
11-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I would never evereverevereverevereverever watch or read the movie. That being said, I 100% respect your fandom tessa! I'm so happy you got to meet Cedric Diggory!! Were you able to keep your cool? I for one am the type of person to get "star struck", I was a blithering mess at coachella 06's artist signing when franz ferdinand were there. Just to have them right in front of me like that!! Whoaness!!!

But I digress..

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I envy you your franz ferdinand experience, Salah. I just couldn't handle waiting in line for too long to meet them and miss other bands.

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
(omg should I go see FF in San Diego???)

sbessiso
11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
YESSSSS!!! GO DO ITTT!!!!!

I'm not sure what band I missed, Amy. It doesnt even matter, it never did. My autographed FF vinyl is framed and hangs proudly on my wall.

My best friend who was my Coachella partner got her bra signed by them!!! Can you see why we're friends?

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I am so sorry, Tessa. I will see if my kids have any interest in vampires.

Blinken
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM

Are you kidding me?? Really wooden stakes don't kill Vampires in her world? WOW that is lame.

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Man, I overlooked that one. That is a BIG motherfucking FAIL.

PotVsKtl
11-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Nobody should go see this piece of shit unless they're OK with contributing financially to bigotry.

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm ok with it.

tessalasset
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
yeah her vampires have a whole new set of rules in her books. i like them.

mike i'm going to sherman oaks arclight but i think my screening is sold out. we bought our tix like a month ago.

I would never evereverevereverevereverever watch or read the movie. That being said, I 100% respect your fandom tessa! I'm so happy you got to meet Cedric Diggory!! Were you able to keep your cool?

actually, since you bring that up, i'm gonna tell you my story. i completely kept my cool. it actually amazed me after the fact how comfortable and easy it was to be around him, considering he is my celeb crush of the moment.

so after the premiere, we walk out of the theater and they have a shuttle going to the after party. my friends and i get in the van, which holds probably 20 people or so, just sitting and waiting. there's this old british woman behind me who is talking to a girl across the aisle and i hear her go "i loved your dress in the movie! it looked so good on you." i turn around and the girl is the actress who plays Jessica, one of the minor human characters in the movie. i thought awww, cool. i actually liked her as an actress a lot, cause in the book the girl is annoying as fuck, but this actress (Anna Kendrick) brought a great layer of comedic timing to Jessica, which I really liked, so I told her that. we chatted for a little bit and then the woman behind me was like "oh, so you're a fan? are you a big fan?" and i said " well...yeah, i've read all the books. i'm definitely a big fan. i'm seeing it like four more times this week." she goes "what?? but it doesnt even come out til friday!" and i said "well... you live in LA and there are ways around that." so we just keep small talking and she keeps bringing it back to "so you're a really big fan? like how big would you say?" and i said "well... i DID go to Forks... (the small washington state town on which the books are based)." she gets so excited and goes "no WAY!" she turns around to these two girls about my age and goes "lizzy! victoria! she went to FORKS!!!" her daughters laugh and we start talking more and more and then randomly the mom drops a bomb - "you know, my son is in the film." then i freeze. she's british. there is one british guy in the movie. "oh really?" "yeah, rob pattinson!" i'm sitting there talking to his fucking mom and sisters this whole time. and i TOTALLY keep it cool. we talk a little more about the film, what i liked and didn't like about it, los angeles, the weather, random bullshit. we talk the whole way over to the party. we get out of the shuttle and stand on the sidewalk talking more. after a while i said "well it was lovely meeting you all. i hope you have a great night and i'm sure i'll see you inside. and, you know, if you see your son, introduce me!" and i nudged the mom and winked. and she goes "oh for sure i will!" so we say bye and we're walking to the door when not even five seconds later i hear "tessa! tessa! wait come back! look who's here!" i walk over and she has pulled open the door of a shiny black stretch escalade and goes "ROB! Rob I want you to meet someone. This is Tessa and she's fantastic!" she pushes me up there and it's just Rob and some chick sitting in the car. he leans forward and i lean in and shake his hand and tell him he did a great job in the movie and that i love his mom. then she says "she went to FORKS!" and i'm like "Shhhh!!! don't tell him that!!" and we laughed. it was super easy. and fucking surreal. so then he gets out of the car next to us and all these girls across the street go crazy and paparrazzi taking pictures so he walks across to sign autographs and i'm just standing there with his mom and sisters, asking them about how weird it is for them to watch this and how weird it is for him. i told them i see these videos of him being mobbed everywhere he goes and i just feel so badly for him. they said it still hasn't really hit him. but they hate it when he talks about them in interviews cause he makes them out to be such mean older sisters growing up. so we talked a little more and then decided to all go inside cause everyone was cold. rob was still outside signing autographs.

the party was rad and i talked and took pics with almost the entire cast. rob's little posse was in the middle of the room but surrounded by security guards. i somehow managed to sneak through them and take a picture with him. he was really nice about it and said he thought my phone was awesome, randomly. i didn't really know how to respond to that. he really is such a sweetheart tho and made time for everyone who wanted to talk to him. i'm really glad i had the experience to humanize him for me. it's been a long time since i've felt like such a teeny bopper and it was nice to put it back in perspective.

that being said, he's fucking gorgeous in the movie and i can watch him be edward cullen all day long. :lips

Edit: you can actually see us in this video. we're across the street, the group of four or five women who show up in the top left hand corner at the beginning of the video. that was me and his family watching him.
yITKQj0v6xA

tessalasset
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
ps pot get the fuck out of my twilight thread you rapist.

patsfan5454
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT......

THIS MOVIE BLOWS!!!!!!!! & SO DO U

patsfan5454
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I hope all the fans of this shitty movie got a chance to catch the episode of south park last night, they'd love it

amyzzz
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Tessa, I'm so happy for you that you got to meet him and not behave too fanatical! That's awesome.

sbessiso
03-22-2009, 07:39 AM
OK, so I rented this movie. It wasn't bad but it was kind of really boring

tessalasset
03-22-2009, 12:13 PM
you didnt think he was hott??

tessalasset
03-22-2009, 12:17 PM
dude amazon's kinda rad:

You saved $5.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Twilight (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Price on order date: $22.99
Price charged at shipping: $17.99
Lowest price before release date: $17.99
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $5.00

$5.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Pixiessp
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I rented it On Demand last night, Tessa. I fell asleep though. :(

It was 3 in the morning. My eyeballs just gave out.

I'll try again tonite and let you know what i think. :)

suprefan
03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Why the hell could you buy that movie yesterday in the morning? What are the odds these marketing people put it osale during the Equinox?

amyzzz
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I have to admit we're probably going to buy this on blu ray. My whole family enjoyed this, and it has a really great soundtrack.

Alchemy
03-22-2009, 05:23 PM
I bought this movie on the bluray. It's pretty fun, except I would have adapted the book differently in some parts... Then again, I would have wrote the books differently in many parts.

sbessiso
03-22-2009, 05:39 PM
you didnt think he was hott??

Oh, fucking gorgeous!

But the movie was a little meh to me. It starts off interesting but it takes wayyyy too long to get to the obvious (zomg he's a vampire!!). I didnt even finish it actually

tessalasset
03-22-2009, 10:37 PM
did you read all the books? i forget. i think you might like the next books better.

supre the movie came out yesterday at midnight. it was available on demand immediately.

sbessiso
03-23-2009, 04:51 AM
I havent read the books, but I wont lie the movie interested me a little bit. The back of the DVD said "The Most Epic Romance since "Titanic"!"so I was hoping for something like that. And for a while I was really engaged in the characters. Cedric Diggory was a good choice for this role, I agree.

The next movie is in Italy right?

KatieLyn
03-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Got the movie last night and watched it with my brother. He didn't read the books so he felt there was a lot of unexplained things left in the movie.

KatieLyn
03-23-2009, 05:38 AM
The next movie is in Italy right?

Part of it.

tessalasset
03-23-2009, 07:37 AM
I havent read the books, but I wont lie the movie interested me a little bit. The back of the DVD said "The Most Epic Romance since "Titanic"!"so I was hoping for something like that. And for a while I was really engaged in the characters. Cedric Diggory was a good choice for this role, I agree.

I suggest reading at least the first book now, with those characters in mind.

After I had seen it a few times, I went to a Q&A with the director Catherine Hardwicke and I told her I felt like if you hadn't read the book, you couldn't really understand the depth of their relationship. Everything happened so quickly in the movie. In the book, they take their time setting up their feelings and you get a lot more little flirtations and whatnot that make it better. The director cut out a lot of really good developmental scenes in the book.

Also, Bryan kinda touched on this in the first page, but the author was writing a book called Midnight Sun, which was the first book, Twilight, from Edward's point of view. After she got up to 12 chapters, she sent it out to some of her editors and close friends, one of whom leaked it online. She got so mad she put everything up online on her website and stopped writing the rest. So if you feel like reading half of Twilight from Edward's point of view... it's soooooo interesting and adds a ton to the book.

PotVsKtl
03-23-2009, 07:43 AM
"Depth."

Alchemy
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't think Stephanie Meyer did a great job building up the relationship in the book, either. Pot brings up a good point by saying the word "Depth." After I read the Twilight series, I immediately read Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms, which features two characters that are also madly in love, almost to the point where they become blind to the rest of the world. I think the way Bella and Edward were in love with each other was my main iffiness with the book, because there wasn't too much depth to that. They were in love almost immediately, and Meyer got away with it because Bella had a special scent, and because Edward was using the Kavorka (the lure of the animal) on her. Hemingway's characters, on the other hand, worked up to their insane love.

Lt. Colonel Henry and Ms. Barkley >>>>>> Edward and Bella

Edit: My other iffiness with the book was that the vampires didn't turn into bats... But that's not too important... it only stopped the series from being great to being super awesome.

tessalasset
03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
dude. you're comparing stephenie meyer to ernest hemingway. a housewife who had a dream and wrote a story about it to one of the greatest writers of all time. c'mon.

Alchemy
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
dude. you're comparing stephenie meyer to ernest hemingway. a housewife who had a dream and wrote a story about it to one of the greatest writers of all time. c'mon.

All writers know that they should measure their success by comparing themselves to the greats. I feel that Hemingway is a good example of what Meyer was trying to establish in terms of giving us a deep emotion of love. It's not that I'm criticizing Meyer of not being as great as Hemingway.

tessalasset
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
she had zero writing experience prior to twilight.

bballarl
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I bet she wrote some papers in school at some point. Don't try and manipulate the facts Tessa.

Hannahrain
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Tim. For the sake of our friendship, I am going to need you to edit out that apostrophe.

kitt kat
03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Only proves why it's so fucking shitty.

My sister made me watch the movie over break. What a pile of melodramatic, no-sense-making CRAP. What was with all the dutch angles? And the plot made NO sense.

Alchemy
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Tim. For the sake of our friendship, I am going to need you to edit out that apostrophe.

I did it for you, Hannah. I was just using the archaic form of writers, which was writer's... Yes... That's right... Look away please.

Even more reason to critique Twilight. I'm not saying the series is a complete failure. I enjoyed the books. If someone with zero writing experience, however, gets published and recognized in such a large scale, then we should be as critical as we are about corporate-produced music (Nickelback, Miley Cyrus, etc...). If you put the things flooding our artistic markets to high standard, then you'll give more encouragement to creativity, rather than marketability. I don't think Twilight is a victim of money-making formulas, but I also don't think its immune to critical analysis just because it's Meyer's side-hobby, or because it's so-called "low" or "pop" literature.

tessalasset
03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
fair enough. it's definitely not for everyone. (and yes, this is me giving in on this debate).

PotVsKtl
03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What do you listen to when you're writing?

STEPHENIE MEYER: [For a while], it was almost exclusively Linkin Park. Linkin Park is fantastic for action scenes, because it just has that beat that drives the momentum of the writing. [Writing] New Moon, I listened to a lot more Muse all the time. Muse is my favorite band, and they're really good for writing because they've got an angsty kind of emotion. The new book [Eclipse] was perky; I listened to OK Go and Gomez.

kreutz2112
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Hannahrain
03-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I listen to Linkin Park when I want to describe what it sounds like to be killed with ice picks stabbed straight through your eardrums. There's nothing closer to the real thing.

amyzzz
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
That explains the amazing baseball scene with the Muse song.

Alchemy
03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
I wonder what she would have wrote if she were listening to Throbbing Gristle.

tessalasset
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
she has unreliable taste. kinda like bryan.

tessalasset
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
or andrew.

sbessiso
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Tessa, this guy that I work with was reading the last book of the franchise and I was kind of giggling at him but I don't know what happened next because now I have Twilight the book in my possession to read. I havent started yet but its on my nightstand

tessalasset
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
do it. you know you want to. i can't even tell you how many friends have told me over the past few months that they became obsessed. you read one, you'll have them all finished in a week.

atom heart
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
spoilers in the second part

Sucked into Twilight! (http://lucylou.livejournal.com/566295.html)

Blinken
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Tessa, this guy that I work with was reading the last book of the franchise and I was kind of giggling at him but I don't know what happened next because now I have Twilight the book in my possession to read. I havent started yet but its on my nightstand

Salah my friend don't. You were 100% right for giggling.

tessalasset
03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
spoilers in the second part

Sucked into Twilight! (http://lucylou.livejournal.com/566295.html)

that cartoon was fucking awesome.

fikus222
03-31-2009, 01:03 AM
My wife and I HATED the movie and would probably hate the books too.

Mr.Nipples
03-31-2009, 01:08 AM
I find R.L. Stine to be a far more nurturing author intellectually than Stephenie Meyer.

amyzzz
03-31-2009, 03:59 AM
I watched this again this weekend and realized how Bella's character is a big step back for feminism/strong women in movies.

PotVsKtl
03-31-2009, 08:52 AM
From a Mormon? You think?

real talk
03-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Just get out of this thread get out of here.

tessalasset
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Amy I forgot, have you read the books? Bella is hardly weak in the books. I don't think that came across very well in the movie. By the end of the series she's practically a superhero.

tessalasset
05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh new moon trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58185785

Young blood
06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
vfdoLBni4zA

tessalasset
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
dammit justin leave me to my thread.

real talk
06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
That guy might be able to pull off Jacob after all.

samnco
06-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Rob Pattinson is a good looking guy, Edward Cullen is fucking sexy.
I loved the movie.. had it for 4days and watched it AT LEAST once a day. :)

comiddle
06-03-2009, 06:25 AM
So not too long ago there was this band called Burzum. They were getting by and all but really needed some extra 'edge', so one of the members (Varg Vikernes) decided to burn some churches and murder another musician. Y'know, usual Norwegian metal stuff...

Anyways he went to jail and became something of a legend among metal heads and angsty teens everywhere.

Since that time there has been a book published about him called "Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground" detailing what a fucking psycho this guy is/was. It's a rotten book which like most rotten books, has spawned a movie of the same name.

This movie details the life of Mr. Vikernes (stage name Count Grishnackh) and his crazy shenanigans. Of course someone has to play the part, which brings me to my point, and that someone is none other than Jackson Rathbone (the guy who played Jasper in the movie Twilight).

Also, Count Grishnackh has recently made parole. Fun little tidbit for you.

Beef Jerky
06-03-2009, 06:57 AM
VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT

http://www.ratemyvomit.com/images/ul/vomit-195.jpeg

@ this thread. I hate Twilight. How on earth is Robert Pattinson fucking sexy? He looks hideous.
I read the first book and thought it was cheesy as fuck. No wonder why little girls love it.

Alchemy
06-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I heard she's going to finish the book from Edward's perspective after all. Might as well. It's hardly a hassle when the book will probably be a best-seller, even if part of it was leaked and read by everybody.

real talk
06-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't know if I'd be excited to read it since it's just retelling the first book. Once I know how it ends the beginning doesn't seem that interesting.

tessalasset
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
oh my, but it is, valarie. you GOTTA read what she's put up on the site. every time bella's wondering what he's thinking or why he's reacting a certain way... you now get to know. you end up loving edward cullen that much more.

amyzzz
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
So not too long ago there was this band called Burzum. They were getting by and all but really needed some extra 'edge', so one of the members (Varg Vikernes) decided to burn some churches and murder another musician. Y'know, usual Norwegian metal stuff...

Anyways he went to jail and became something of a legend among metal heads and angsty teens everywhere.

Since that time there has been a book published about him called "Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground" detailing what a fucking psycho this guy is/was. It's a rotten book which like most rotten books, has spawned a movie of the same name.

This movie details the life of Mr. Vikernes (stage name Count Grishnackh) and his crazy shenanigans. Of course someone has to play the part, which brings me to my point, and that someone is none other than Jackson Rathbone (the guy who played Jasper in the movie Twilight).

Also, Count Grishnackh has recently made parole. Fun little tidbit for you.
Holy shit, there's a Bones episode about Norwegian metal bands and murder. They get their storylines straight from the news.

amyzzz
06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Amy I forgot, have you read the books? Bella is hardly weak in the books. I don't think that came across very well in the movie. By the end of the series she's practically a superhero.
Sorry that I didn't respond to this before. I just can't bring myself to read the books. I'm afraid it will be like re-reading Sweet Valley High books now as an adult -- way below my normal reading level.

bug on your lip
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Twilight has too many big words

i read Archie comics

real talk
06-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh I'm certain the series would be far too lowbrow for Amy's refined intellect.

BlackSwan
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
"I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books." --Kanye West

Alchemy
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry that I didn't respond to this before. I just can't bring myself to read the books. I'm afraid it will be like re-reading Sweet Valley High books now as an adult -- way below my normal reading level.

Just read them. Over the spring, I read Julio Cortazar's Hopscotch. If I just read at my reading level, then that would have been the last book I read.

bremex
06-03-2009, 11:51 AM
My co-worker is soooooooooooo fucking obsessed. She read all the books in less than 2 weeks along with the other one (Edward's point of view) and bought posters, the movie and shit. She spends all day looking at his pictures and talks about that all day and watches the movie all the time. ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm sticking with my Star Wars movies............

Fuck Twilight.

amyzzz
06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I envy your co-worker. I need a new obsession. :thu

amyzzz
06-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Buffy vs. Edward from Twilight:

http://blip.tv/file/2261825/

tessalasset
06-24-2009, 01:35 PM
it was cute

atom heart
07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Having not read any of it, it does seem to have a sort of black-hole like ability to suck anyone and anything in. All those Twilight fans out there at Comic Con are giving Star Wars fans a run for their money.

Amy will like this one:
Thom Yorke contributes to New Moon (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-7-23-comic-con-exclusive-bon-iver-thom-yorke-confirmed-for-new-moon)

Now watch as AtEasers and Sparklepires unite to form an unholy and unstoppable geek hybrid! (Much more powerful, I assure you, than a werewolf-vampire hybrid)

suprefan
07-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Umm no, but its nice that a song comes out of that at least..

atom heart
07-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Am I offending your AtEaser sensibilities?

tessalasset
07-25-2009, 05:27 PM
bon iver wrote a song for the new moon soundtrack!!!

suprefan
07-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Am I offending your AtEaser sensibilities?

No, but at least ateasers arent 14...

MissingPerson
07-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Most of them are barely mammals, but that's neither here nor there.

Ardentbiscuit
07-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Having not read any of it, it does seem to have a sort of black-hole like ability to suck anyone and anything in. All those Twilight fans out there at Comic Con are giving Star Wars fans a run for their money.

Amy will like this one:
Thom Yorke contributes to New Moon (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-7-23-comic-con-exclusive-bon-iver-thom-yorke-confirmed-for-new-moon)

Now watch as AtEasers and Sparklepires unite to form an unholy and unstoppable geek hybrid! (Much more powerful, I assure you, than a werewolf-vampire hybrid)

Thom Yorke? Bon Iver? Band of Skulls?

I don't know, I've heard lots of things at Comic Con that either never happened or were denied later.

I can't imagine Thom writing a song for this movie but maybe.

iv3rdawG
07-26-2009, 07:40 AM
QQ6W7wzTY0o

tessalasset
07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
the New Moon director, Chris Weitz, has confirmed Thom Yorke's involvement more than once in different interviews, and he just announced bon iver last week talking about what a big fan he and some of the cast are. i love them even more. and somehow i knew they'd be fans. i wonder if any of them will be at the wiltern show, or if they'll still be up in vancouver filming eclipse.

tessalasset
07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
that kevin smith clip was awesome. what's sort of weird is i'm sure he was thinking about his daughter during a lot of that, talking about the 12 year olds becoming 18 year olds. he's brought her on camera for interviews talking about twilight before.

M Sparks
07-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I just saw this a few weeks ago. Everyone seems to hate or love, so there's no point in being critical, but there's one thing I haven't seen addressed anywhere...

They sparkle? Seriously? Nothing sparkly will ever be scary.

(Cue hilarious picture post by GPS.)

emtgreg
07-26-2009, 10:57 PM
That is a fantastic video lol.

summerkid
07-26-2009, 11:15 PM
that kevin smith clip was awesome. what's sort of weird is i'm sure he was thinking about his daughter during a lot of that, talking about the 12 year olds becoming 18 year olds. he's brought her on camera for interviews talking about twilight before.

yeah he said that if he didn't have a 10 year old daughter he'd probably be bashing the hell out of it but he said he's seen the power it has on girls her age first hand so there must be something there.

real talk
07-27-2009, 02:14 AM
It's a sketchy situation with young girls. The books are romance novels set to tween cadence and emotional content. My friends who are teachers struggle with having to deter students from the ideas about obsession and perfection presented in these books versus what honest love and relationships are about.

Ardentbiscuit
07-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Hype accounts for a lot of misplaced praise.

summerkid
07-27-2009, 09:12 AM
It's a sketchy situation with young girls. The books are romance novels set to tween cadence and emotional content. My friends who are teachers struggle with having to deter students from the ideas about obsession and perfection presented in these books versus what honest love and relationships are about.

hahah yeah i think kevin smith said it best when he said its like porn for tweens.

amyzzz
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
It's like Titanic all over again.

tessalasset
07-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I just saw this a few weeks ago. Everyone seems to hate or love, so there's no point in being critical, but there's one thing I haven't seen addressed anywhere...

They sparkle? Seriously? Nothing sparkly will ever be scary.

that is probably hands down the worst part in the movie. he's all sparkling it up in the sun, glittering, and she says "you're beautiful!." he freaks out and says "this is the skin of a KILLER, bella."

i cannot digest that part easily.

Young blood
07-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I always make sure to have twilight books on the front seat when luring kids in my van.

blackhearts08
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
That clip was funny. Lol. It's also great to hear who's getting involved with the soundtrack. Wonder if his hope of getting Kings of Leon will come through?? It would be pretty to great to hear them on the soundtrack.

iv3rdawG
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4641/twilightdolls500x375.jpg

MissingPerson
08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
They're slightly more convincing than the actors, it must be said.

Still-ill
08-12-2009, 06:10 PM
They're slightly more convincing than the actors, it must be said.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/amykatefuchs/HighFiveAnimation01.gif

MissingPerson
08-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm fairly sure I'm properly in love with American Office Jim.

Still-ill
08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
My nickname was "Jim" in Highschool...

tessalasset
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I officially like True Blood more than Twilight now.

tessalasset
08-12-2009, 08:08 PM
And I'm not even a huge vampire fan. Never have been. But Stephen Moyer....damn.

suprefan
08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
SOOOKIE!!!

bleep
08-12-2009, 09:17 PM
more like "sooooooo-kehhhh"

bill's hot. but wait till you get introduced to the blond, blue-eyed vamp. oh my gawd.

miscorrections
08-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Love. Eric.

And I don't like blondes.

Alchemy
08-15-2009, 11:33 AM
So Ashley Greene got naked. Thank God. I don't know how these celebrities can be so irresponsible with their internets.

Pixiessp
08-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I officially like True Blood more than Twilight now.

:thu

tessalasset
08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
team bill > team eric. but still, there is definitely something attractive about the man. i like eric and sookie when they're more of a team than lovers.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Does ones Love of True Blood have to cancel out their love of Twilight? I highly enjoy both, but for completely different reasons. I will say though I am more "obsessed" with True Blood than I ever was with Twilight, but that doesn't mean I won't be standing in line for that ish when it hits the theatres.

Having said that, I will miss your Edward Cullen is Staring at You avatar. The Vampire Stare is one of my favorite over the top nuances of Twilight and I was hillariously reminded of that everytime you posted. An era has ended indeed, but we all must grow up eventually I suppose. *Tear

tessalasset
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
hahahaha touche.

i felt it was time. i don't normally have an avatar for that long. i feel like i've been cured.

i don't dislike twilight now; it just seems so puny compared to true blood.

Courtney
08-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I think if Twilight embraced its not-so-subtly prosthelytizing Mormon allegorical roots and confronted them head-on, it would be a lot better off.

Alchemy
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM
I think if Twilight weren't a mass graveyard of adjectives, it would be a lot better off.

amyzzz
09-12-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm reading Twilight, and this passage made me laugh my ass off:

"I knew I was far too stressed to sleep, so I did something I'd never done before. I deliberately took unnecessary cold medicine -- the kind that knocked me out for a good eight hours. I normally wouldn't condone that type of behavior in myself....
I woke early, having slept soundly and dreamlessly thanks to my gratuitous drug use."

bahahahaha. She takes a Benadryl and can't stop beating herself up over it. Jesus. Damn Mormons.

TomAz
09-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Stephenie Meyer gave my co-worker's son $5000 a few weeks ago.

edit: Stephenie. what kind of pasty white inbred cultist spells it that way?

amyzzz
09-12-2009, 07:10 AM
That was very generous of her.

goddamn mormons.

Of course I'm going to see the next movie, goddamnit. So far, I'm thinking the first movie is better than the book.

tessalasset
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
oh my god, seriously?

amyzzz
09-12-2009, 11:33 AM
No Muse or Radiohead in the book. HELLO.

edit: at least Stephen King has the balls to name drop his favorite bands in the actual books.

Alchemy
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Muse and Radiohead do not have the ability to save a movie.

amyzzz
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I know. That's not the only reason. Most of the extra stuff the book fills out just seems like overly romantic fluff to me. And the actors are cute.

Alchemy
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I thought the movie was alright. I mean, a movie has to be pretty crystal-skullish for me to dislike it. But as much as I think the book is weak, I don't think the movie was better. It's all just some silly thing.

amyzzz
09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
The conversations the characters have are ridiculous, and I don't want to read another word about how smelly everyone is. I'm about 2/3 in. The movie was alright to me too, and I thought what the heck, I like the movie and the 2nd movie comes out soon, so I may as well read the book.

tessalasset
09-18-2009, 12:46 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/arts/music/17twilight.html?_r=3&ref=music

Ms. Patsavas, known for her work on television shows like “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Gossip Girl,” said she was confident that the “New Moon” soundtrack would include Thom Yorke, Bon Iver and Band of Skulls. Death Cab for Cutie’s “Meet Me on the Equinox,” the first single, had its premiere on MTV.com on Sunday, as part of a “Twilight” promotional blitz surrounding MTV’s Video Music Awards. There has been extensive speculation in the music industry all summer about who else would be included. Representatives of Grizzly Bear and the Killers said those groups would be on the soundtrack, but Ms. Patsavas declined to comment, saying that the track list would be completed and announced on Friday.

amyzzz
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
No Muse? :nono FAIL.

tessalasset
11-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Woooo New Moon! Seeing it next week first thing.

sonofhal
11-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Better than the first one, but the CGI wolves are more emotive than the "Actors".

Expect 2hrs of man nipple action.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
looks like I'll be taking my girlfriend to see this this weekend

MissingPerson
11-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Act like a disinterested moody douche immediately afterwards Drinkey, and the rest of your weekend will be awesome.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I act like a disinterested moody douche with her most of the time; that's exactly why we've been able to be together for as long as we have

humanoid
11-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Expect 2hrs of man nipple action.

exactly what I've been waiting for!

invisiblerobots
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm taking my gf to this tonight but only after filling my pockets with what I can find in the medicine cabinet. I plan on either laughing my head off or nodding into a coma so it's a no lose situation as far as I see it.

Pixiessp
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Still can't bring myself to finish the first book.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
New Moon:the time at which the Moon appears as a narrow waxing crescent

It totally was a new moon last night. :thu Did they time the film's release with the lunar calendar?! Hehe.

So yeah, I'll be having a vampire weekend (wink) with all the Twi-Hards out there, my sister is dragging me to a showing Saturday night. If it were up to me I'd probably wait till after the fervor died down a bit before venturing out to see it, but she's paying so I won't complain.

I've read numerous reviews that mention the unintended hillarity of some of the over the top scenes forcing even the most hardcore of fangirls to laugh at what shouldn't really be funny scenes. That was kinda my reaction to the first film so I'm curious to see if this one is more or less campy.

AlecEiffel
11-20-2009, 08:11 PM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/blade-twilight1.jpg

Shredder
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM
"I'm sick of all of the tweenies and 'Twilight'. They go crazy when the werewolf dude takes off his shirt... I just want to sit these kids down and say 'so you go crazy over buff adult kid? You guys should watch True Blood. They fuck on that show... You'll lose your god damn mind' "

-JS

suprefan
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Broke the all time record for midnight screening gross, 26 million. no way this beats the single day, those freakies had class today.

AlecEiffel
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Tomorrow is Saturday.

suprefan
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Fixed.. Been a long week

PotVsKtl
11-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Of dick sucking.

Ardentbiscuit
11-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Twilight on Rotten Tomatoes

49% Fresh

Twilight New Moon on Rotten Tomatoes

29% Fresh

Both certified rotten!

Judging by this I expect the next one to be 9% fresh.

JustSteve
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Of dick sucking.

ooh, cockburn.

AlecEiffel
11-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Of dick sucking.

What a great, under the radar return.

tessalasset
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
According to AP:

“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” took in $72.7 million in its first day to break the single day domestic box office record previously held by “The Dark Knight,” which had a $67.2 million opening day last year.The Friday haul for the “Twilight” sequel includes a record $26.3 million from midnight screenings alone.

If “New Moon” maintains its pace, it might have a shot at the all-time best opening weekend record of $158.4 million, also held by “The Dark Knight.”

Monklish
11-21-2009, 01:36 PM
... Jesus fucking Christ. Dumb bitches are going to ruin the movie market again just like they did with Titanic. I hate everything with a vagina.

That means you too, Supre.

amyzzz
11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
"I'm sick of all of the tweenies and 'Twilight'. They go crazy when the werewolf dude takes off his shirt... I just want to sit these kids down and say 'so you go crazy over buff adult kid? You guys should watch True Blood. They fuck on that show... You'll lose your god damn mind' "

-JS

I think I'm gonna go watch True Blood right now.

ficklecycle
11-21-2009, 07:36 PM
So I'm watching New Moon with my date tomorrow.

Anything I should look forward to? I totally zzzzzzzz'd during Twilight.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
The part with your date after the film ends?

stinkbutt
11-21-2009, 07:48 PM
So I'm watching New Moon with my date tomorrow.

Anything I should look forward to?

meeting this guy

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aN-NNm9oq9Q/SefgyoMEJdI/AAAAAAAAACo/HtjLn_-IOzw/s320/chris-hansen.jpg

Boourns
11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” took in $72.7 million in its first day to break the single day domestic box office record previously held by “The Dark Knight,” which had a $67.2 million opening day last year.The Friday haul for the “Twilight” sequel includes a record $26.3 million from midnight screenings alone.

If “New Moon” maintains its pace, it might have a shot at the all-time best opening weekend record of $158.4 million, also held by “The Dark Knight.”

How is that even possible? Have ticket prices gone up that much since last year? Wasn't every show sold out for The Dark Knight, which had the added benefit of overpriced IMAX?

ficklecycle
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM
The part with your date after the film ends?

I've got that covered :cool:

Blinken
11-22-2009, 12:27 AM
How is that even possible? Have ticket prices gone up that much since last year? Wasn't every show sold out for The Dark Knight, which had the added benefit of overpriced IMAX?

The Dark Knight was about a half hour longer, so maybe they could squeeze in one extra showing per theater. God damn twitards.

OutOfmYminD
11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
The amount of people I saw standing in line(s) to watch twilight friday night was kind of absurd. Good thing I was there to see another movie. Doesn't surprise me that it broke single day gross sales records. It's not going to have the tail that dark knight had though.

sonofhal
11-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I dunno. The Titanic style repeat viewing could possibly push it beyond The Dark Knight. I hope not, but it's possible.

tessalasset
11-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Right. The article said twilight dropped 40% from Fri to Sat last year. They don't think the weekend will be as steady as TDK was. Altho last year twilight made $7 mil in the midnight showings and only $70 mil for the entire opening weekend. So this is quite a jump for them. They do have 500 more theaters than TDK had so maybe that makes up for the IMAX sales.

bug on your lip
11-22-2009, 08:08 AM
i had thoughts about checking it out until i saw how utterly terrible the cgi looked..
that wolf looked like utter shit

has this been mentioned in this thread already? i don't want to read it

JustSteve
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
haha, saw a note that my niece went to see it, got to the theater, found a nice spot to sit in a not too crowded room and after sitting through 20+ minutes of commercials/previews the new sandra bullock movie began to play. was it fate intervening?

iv3rdawG
11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Estimations are $140 mil. for the weekend.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 09:49 AM
i had thoughts about checking it out until i saw how utterly terrible the cgi looked..
that wolf looked like utter shit

That's exactly what I said. I can understand the female appeal for this movie but the cgi looked so shitty it blew my mind.

I figured this movie would have great visuals since the first one made so much. Wrong I was.

Boourns
11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
The cgi is even shittier than of that crapfest an american werewolf in Paris and that was 12 years ago with a much smaller budget

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM
I still say Jurassic Park stands the test of time in terms of CGI. I believe it was one of the first.

ficklecycle
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
haha, saw a note that my niece went to see it, got to the theater, found a nice spot to sit in a not too crowded room and after sitting through 20+ minutes of commercials/previews the new sandra bullock movie began to play. was it fate intervening?

The look on all the moviegoers faces must have been :eek:

AlecEiffel
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I still say Jurassic Park stands the test of time in terms of CGI. I believe it was one of the first.

Agreed, I don't know that special effects, both practical and CG have ever been better than the 'T-rex attacks the jeep' scene.

ficklecycle
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Agreed, I don't know that special effects, both practical and CG have ever been better than the 'T-rex attacks the jeep' scene.

To this day, that scene still gets to me.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Jeff Goldblum.

Boourns
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah, Jurassic Park has held up very well.

MissingPerson
11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
The bit with the raptors in the restaurant is a bit dodgy, but otherwise it's still flawless effects wise.

Ah, Sam Neil. You and your paleontologising.

JustSteve
11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
The look on all the moviegoers faces must have been :eek:

no, it was them, they went into the wrong theater, haha...

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 12:21 PM
The bit with the raptors in the restaurant is a bit dodgy

Yeah, but it was the first movie with CGI.

Casting "Newman" as "Nedry" was spectacular.

Monklish
11-22-2009, 12:23 PM
It was far from the first movie with CGI. Also fix your fucking sig.

JebusLives
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Terminator 2 still looks fantastic as well, with only 1 real exception (when the T1000 gets out of the elevator and runs after the car in the mental hospital parkade). I'm really disappointed to be honest with how FX have progressed... those early CGI movies promised us impressive things, and hollywood never delivered.

My understanding is that The Abyss contained the earliest large-scale use of "realistic" CGI. TRON was a good 7-8 years earlier, but realism wasn't a goal there.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
It was far from the first movie with CGI. Also fix your fucking sig.

I should have said "full length." But yea, "Metadata" was the first I believe.

EDIT* don't you have a fake Ron quote as your sig?

tessalasset
11-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Summit Entertainment now officially estimates that The Twilight Saga: New Moon took in $140.7M from 4024 theaters this weekend. This puts the film in third place for all-time opening weekends, behind The Dark Knight ($158.4M) and Spider-Man 3 ($151.1M) and ahead of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest ($135.6M). The film also hauled in $118.1M from 25 foreign countries for a worldwide total $258.8M.

In addition to becoming the new champ in midnight box office and single-day totals on Friday, New Moon has now shattered several other records as well. It was the #1 biggest non-summer opening weekend of all time and the biggest ever box office opening for an independent film (and widest indie release in history). New Moon also broke the record for fastest to reach $100M, beating The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 3. Of the top 34 films with numbers released today, New Moon took in more than all the 33 others combined.

After its record-shattering $72.7M first day Friday, there was a 41% drop from Friday to Saturday when it took in $43.2M. This was about the exact same percentage decrease Twilight had one year ago (down 40.8% Saturday, down 41.9% Sunday). Another 40% drop going into Sunday, based on advance sales, tracking polls, and other industry formulas, brings the weekend total to $140.7M with a per theater average of $34,965. Many international regions have yet to release the film. Sources expect New Moon to eventually pass $500M worldwide. Twilight ended its run with $385M.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 01:19 PM
What are you implying?

suprefan
11-22-2009, 01:20 PM
She isnt implying anything, she is posting current news regarding the film.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Ah, well that's good.

JustSteve
11-22-2009, 01:26 PM
when you post a few words you end up taking up almost a whole screen with all the extra drivel in your sig. it's obnoxious.

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Can we be friends now?

Monklish
11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, why don't you take out the massive blank space between the quote and your wish list while you're at it? What the fuck, people?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Okay, i sat through it and survived. This movie is simply boring.

The CG isn't that bad and isn't in it very long. The effects in general for both of these movies has been pretty bad. The way they make the vampires "fast" is really irritating

The one thing I love about this movie is how it represents the absolute antithesis of feminism and feeds it to the young girls of the world. It's so bizarre watching an antagonist that is such a brainless moron, and a plot structure that revolves around love being so powerful that it's totally worth suicide if you can't have it

suprefan
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
So did you lose some hearing from all the girls screaming?

tessalasset
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Just wait til the last book. :)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
So did you lose some hearing from all the girls screaming?

it was fucking hilarious how much screeching was going on in the theater when that buff wolf dude took his shirt for the first time

tessalasset
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm seeing it at like 10:30 tomorrow morning just to avoid the school children.