PDA

View Full Version : 5 acts for each stage! (not necessarily headliners)

thegateisdown
09-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Main Stage--Flaming Lips, Bowie, Sade, Foo Fighters, Outkast

Outdoor--Tribe Called Quest, Thrice, Muse, Air(to make up '07's nonsense),The Mars Volta

Gobi--The Weakerthans, Why?, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Weatherbox, DoMakeSayThink

Mojave--El-P, Cursive, Jamie Lidell, Tilly and the Wall, Sage Francis

Sahara--Squarepusher, Autechre, Matmos, Orbital, Basement Jaxx

Alrighty, there ya have it, lets try and keep this thread positive!

DeadSkin
09-03-2008, 05:06 AM
I like yours

Main Stage-- David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck, Gorillaz, Outkast

Outdoor-- The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire, No Doubt, Stone Temple Pilots, MudHoney

Gobi-- The Melvins, Parlement Funkadelic, Mastodon, Goon Moon, One Day As A Lion

Mojave-- Steel Pulse, Andrew W.K., Lee "Scratch" Perry, Final Fantasy, Chromeo

Sahara-- Chemical Brothers, The Orb, Demo, Kid Koala, Ozomatli & Cut Chemist

woogie846
09-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Don't you think that some of those acts are too big for the Outdoor?

humanoid
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
No Air yet...they were brilliant in "04, and since they were there again in '07, I don't want to see them again at Coachella for another year or 2..positively speaking of course

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Don't you think that some of those acts are too big for the Outdoor?

Muse? Arcade Fire? Yeah, massively too big.

humanoid
09-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I think when Arcade Fire comes back they're going to be headlining a night

patsfan5454
09-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Main Stage = Radiohead, Daft Punk, Outkast, Bowie, Muse

Outdoor Theatre = Mars Volta, Beck, Gnarls Barkley, Sigur Ros, Living Legends

Sahara = MSTRKRFT, Fisherspooner, Rabbit in the Moon, Simian Mobile Disco, the Faint

Mojave = New Young Pony Club, Band of Horses, Cut Copy, Postal Service, the Streets

Gobi = RZA, the Ting Tings, Glitch Mob, Israel Vibration, the Presets

Memorial_07
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
A Tribe Called Quest, Mars Volta, Godspeed You! Black Emperor all belong on the main stage.
Here's mine:

Main Stage = Nine Inch Nails, Michael Franti With Spearhead, Cocteau Twins, A Tribe Called Quest, Primus

Outdoor Theatre = Mastodon, Jenny Lewis With The Watson Twins, Portugal The Man, Turbonegro, Basement Jaxx

Sahara = Fisherspooner, KMFDM, Front 242, The Knife, The Crystal Method

Mojave = Biffy Clyro, InVitro, The Avalanches, The Mondo Generator, Immortal Technique

Gobi = One Day As A Lion, Goon Moon, Why?, RZA, Puscifer

amyzzz
09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I think when Arcade Fire comes back they're going to be headlining a night
Let that be Sunday with a bunch of other crap bands, and I'm all for it! I can skip a day.

bluemamba
09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I cant believe non of you A-holes are mentioning THE WHITE STRIPES!!!

What is wrong with you??

rage patton
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I think God Speed You! Black Emperor playing the Gobi is the biggest joke here. If they were to reunite and play Coachella, there is no way the Gobi could contain that crowd.

PassiveTheory
09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Fuck the White Stripes and their awful garbage music.

Main Stage: REM (Headliner) A Tribe Called Quest performing the Low End Theory (Subheadliner), The Flaming Lips UFO Show (Headliner/Subheadliner), Gnarls Barkley (Subheadliner), The Strokes (Subheadliner)

Outdoor Theatre: Nick Cave and the Black Seeds, The Magnetic Fields, Okkervil River, Feist, Thievery Corporation (Subheadliner)

Sahara Tent: Hercules and Love Affair, Autechre, Royksopp, The Future Sound of London, Underworld

Mojave Tent: Burial, Fleet Foxes, Lykke Li, The Mountain Goats, Deerhunter

Gobi Tent: I Am Robot and Proud, The Books, Nortec Collective, Grand Archives, Why?

rage patton
09-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I think Lee definately has the most realistic list so far.

MissingPerson
09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Let that be Sunday with a bunch of other crap bands, and I'm all for it! I can skip a day.

Sigh. Amy... God, we'd be so perfect if it wasn't for your one terrible, crippling, insurmountable, irredeemable failing.

PassiveTheory
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I think Lee definately has the most realistic list so far.

Well... I wasn't going for super (I swear I almost typed "supre", fucking Chris) realism. Otherwise I wouldn't have listed the dude who's never done a show before because he doesn't think he can (Burial).

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Main Stage: Bowie, Daft Punk, Chemical Bros, Outkast, Flaming Lips

Outdoor: At the Drive In, Antipop Consortium, Cat Power, Boards of Canada, Dr. Octagon

Sahara: The Future Sound of London, Alec Empire, KMFDM, Luke Vibert, the Knife

Mojave: the Avalanches, Matmos, ...Trail of Dead, the Icarus Line, Crystal Castles

Gobi: Emilie Simon, Vincent Gallo, the pAper chAse, Mice Parade, the Locust

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Gobi-- The Melvins, Parlement Funkadelic, Mastodon, Goon Moon, One Day As A Lion

the Gobi would be fucking trashed.

rage patton
09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Bahahaha. I didn't see that. The Melvins would tear the Gobi down. Parliament Funkadelic would funk that tent right up. Mastadon and One Day As A Lion are just flat out too big for the Gobi. Goon Moon... isn't that a side project from one of the guys from Marilyn Manson's band or something?

MassiveChemicalPunk
09-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Main Stage
Radiohead
Massive Attack
Kings of Leon
Gorillaz
Tears for Fears

Outdoor
Fiona Apple
the Cardigans
Zero 7
Band of Horses
Brazilian Girls

Sahara
the Chemical Brothers
Soulwax
Digitalism
the Presets
Mr. Oizo

Mojave
Tapes 'N Tapes
We Are Scientists
the Helio Sequence
Crystal Castles
Fleet Foxes

Gobi
Grand National
Caribou
Foals
Nortec Collective
Neon Neon

M Sparks
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Goon Moon... isn't that a side project from one of the guys from Marilyn Manson's band or something?

I've never heard of them, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I saw John 5 last fall and he was pretty damn good.

EDIT...and Tim Skold is always entertaining.

rage patton
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I saw John 5 play with Rob Zombie last fall. He was awesome.

frozen pilgrim
09-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I think God Speed You! Black Emperor playing the Gobi is the biggest joke here. If they were to reunite and play Coachella, there is no way the Gobi could contain that crowd.

how about parliament funkadelic playing the gobi with chromeo in the mojave

to me, that's insulting to the point of musical fucking sacrelige

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
P-Funk on the outdoor stage would be dope.

zenidogx
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM

:nono

thegateisdown
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
good moon has members of Hella, I know....and hella would be fucking sweeeeet...better than goon moon, in my book.

Memorial_07
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM

Main Stage: REM (Headliner) A Tribe Called Quest performing the Low End Theory (Subheadliner), The Flaming Lips UFO Show (Headliner/Subheadliner), Gnarls Barkley (Subheadliner), The Strokes (Subheadliner)

Outdoor Theatre: Nick Cave and the Black Seeds, The Magnetic Fields, Okkervil River, Feist, Thievery Corporation (Subheadliner)

Sahara Tent: Hercules and Love Affair, Autechre, Royksopp, The Future Sound of London, Underworld

Gobi Tent: I Am Robot and Proud, The Books, Nortec Collective, Grand Archives, Why?

Your list seems most realistic compared to everyone else's

thegateisdown
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
goon* moon rather... as for others, ATDI will probably never...ever ever ever ever ever get back together...its too bad though, they're one of my favorites....Alec empire, Crystal Castles, Band of horses, Dr. octagon, Nick Cave, Andrew W.K., Sigur Ros, Portugal the man, all sound great!
What about Hella, Crystal Skulls?
Maybe Sage Francis? Uncle Luke! and 2 live cru!

oh, and by the way, I have to agree with the sentiment "fuck the white stripes"...sorry to break the positivity, but what an overrated band...Jack White is a good musician, and a great writer....but I was over it with the legos.

thegateisdown
09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
otherwise a fun thread, it seems.

zenidogx
09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Mojave: Noah & the Whale, Black Mountain, Dungen, Daniel Johnston
Gobi: 9th Wonder, Taj Mahal, Femi Kuti, Amadou & Miriam
Outdoor: Cat Power, TV on the Radio (sunset), Yo La Tengo, Girl Talk
Main: Primus, the Decemberists, Feist, Broken Social Scene
Sahara: Moby, Chemical Brothers, Kylie Minogue, Hercules & Love Affair

frozen pilgrim
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
kay. let's do this shit. I'm trying to be realistic, pay respect to who whouls be on what stage (I may not get the correct order on each specific stage in respect to who should be more important, but I think which stage they're on is the much more important factor. timeslots where applicable)

main stage:
bowie (headliner) MBV (sunset) blur (head/sub-headliner [open debate]), queens of the stone age (sub-headliner), chemical brothers

outdoor:
air, the hard sell (shadow and chemist), les claypool in some incarnation, bad religion, MF doom with either danger mouse or madlib

sahara:
shpongle/hallucinogen, an infected mushroom set to make up for 07's conflict, boxcutter, venetian snares, shitmat

mojave:
george clinton and parliament funkadelic (ideally three hours from tenPM to oneAM. two hours MINIMUM), holy fuck, patton oswalt (standup), roots manuva, battles

gobi:
mr. plow, zappa plays zappa, victor wooten, me first & the gimme gimmies, linton kwesi johnson & the good time reggae band

captncrzy
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM

you complete me

Pixiessp
09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Passive, your lineup in the Sahara is stellar!!!

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
gobi:
mr. plow, zappa plays zappa, victor wooten, me first & the gimme gimmies, linton kwesi johnson & the good time reggae band

if the gobi is big enough for zappa plays zappa, then i will lose a sliver of respect for the coachella audience.

frozen pilgrim
09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm basing that on the size of the venues on the current tour. it's not frank zappa. it's just his son, who is very good, but it's still just a cover act.

PassiveTheory
09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
you complete me

Careful or, uh, Rick might be out for my head.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
it's just his son

oh. gobi it is.

PassiveTheory
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Mojave: Noah & the Whale, Black Mountain, Dungen, Daniel Johnston
Gobi: 9th Wonder, Taj Mahal, Femi Kuti, Amadou & Miriam
Outdoor: Cat Power, TV on the Radio (sunset), Yo La Tengo, Girl Talk
Main: Primus, the Decemberists, Feist, Broken Social Scene
Sahara: Moby, Chemical Brothers, Kylie Minogue, Hercules & Love Affair

Also this is very good. Especially Daniel Johnston.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Daniel Johnston is a better songwriter than he is a musician. His live performance is not great. We would really be better off watching other people perform his songs, IMO. Built to Spill...

or Beck for instance...

9QIqX0L2rxc

zenidogx
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
i don't find most Johnston covers compelling. Johnston's songs lose all emotion when covered.
live, he's straightforward performing, nothing extraordinary. but i was still in awe when i saw him. to see this legend (or myth?) standing in front of you is stunning. plus his cover of "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" was stellar.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I dunno. I wasn't really impressed. I seriously love it when other people cover his songs though. I have a Daniel Johnston tribute album, and it's dope.

zenidogx
09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
fair enough

rage patton
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm basing that on the size of the venues on the current tour. it's not frank zappa. it's just his son, who is very good, but it's still just a cover act.

Uhh... he has played Vancouver twice in the last 2 years. Both times he almost sold out a 2800 person venue. That is much larger venue than what a lot of the subheadlining acts at Coachella play. If Zappa Plays Zappa were to play Coachella (which they wont) it would either be afternoon on the mainstage, and evening/night on the Outdoor theatre.

PassiveTheory
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Also, isn't Zappa Plays Zappa the biggest cover band in the world?

DeadSkin
09-03-2008, 11:51 PM
kay. let's do this shit. I'm trying to be realistic, pay respect to who whouls be on what stage (I may not get the correct order on each specific stage in respect to who should be more important, but I think which stage they're on is the much more important factor. timeslots where applicable)

main stage:
bowie (headliner) MBV (sunset) blur (head/sub-headliner [open debate]), queens of the stone age (sub-headliner), chemical brothers

outdoor:
air, the hard sell (shadow and chemist), les claypool in some incarnation, bad religion, MF doom with either danger mouse or madlib

sahara:
shpongle/hallucinogen, an infected mushroom set to make up for 07's conflict, boxcutter, venetian snares, shitmat

mojave:
george clinton and parliament funkadelic (ideally three hours from tenPM to oneAM. two hours MINIMUM), holy fuck, patton oswalt (standup), roots manuva, battles

gobi:

oooooooo victor wooten... that would rock

Boourns
09-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Main:
Radiohead
David Bowie
Daft Punk
Pulp (if this doesn't happen in 2009, then Jarvis Cocker on the outdoor again)
A Tribe Called Quest

Outdoor:
Feist (sunset is a must)
Cat Power
She & Him
Scott Walker
Curve

Gobi:
Final Fantasy
Amanda Palmer
Vermillion Lies
Thao with the Get Down Stay Down
Emmy the Great

Mojave:
Asobi Seksu
Deerhunter
Crystal Castles
Menomena
Okkervil River

Sahara:
The Chemical Brothers
Orbital
The Knife
DJ Momjeans...just kidding, so let's just say Lemon Jelly
Simian Mobile Disco

thewindowliquor
09-04-2008, 12:16 AM
This is not bad. I would very much like to see Cat Power get an outdoor Sunset.

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 06:54 AM
really josh? that's cool, man. I guess it's like MMJ where the venue size seems to vary drastically. zappa plays zappa was at the mod club here, and that's like... a 500 person bar/dance club in the college drinking area of little italy. it was based on that 4-6 hundred person booking that I guessed the gobi.

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 09:14 AM

Fuck You Lee. Fuck. You.

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
don't get upset, salah. he listens to coldplay.

passive, why?!

I guess trip hop and the white stripes are polar opposites in terms of bass levels and american white-ocity. I can still dig both

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
*sigh* I can get people not liking/hating the white stripes, but I need to represent them. It's my job to get angry when someone calls them "awful garbage"

rage patton
09-04-2008, 10:00 AM
really josh? that's cool, man. I guess it's like MMJ where the venue size seems to vary drastically. zappa plays zappa was at the mod club here, and that's like... a 500 person bar/dance club in the college drinking area of little italy. it was based on that 4-6 hundred person booking that I guessed the gobi.

You do realize Steve Vai plays guitar for Zappa Plays Zappa, right?

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
hell no I didn't! damn, now I'm really kicking myself for not going.
all the ad in now magazine said was zappa plays zappa, mod club, 19+, $31.50 or something like that. well, in that case, bump off the unrealistic but oh-want-so-bad blur reunion and add zappa plays zappa in a sunset slot. and to fill the hole in the gobi, hows about... oh! oh man! dayglo abortions!

and god damn, I wasn't crazy, they are playing the mod club. the mod club is tiny. it's a bar first and foremost. thatnks for the heads up on the steve vai part. I may have to get myself a scalped ticket to this:

23-OCT-08 ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA MOD CLUB 19+ SOLD OUT

apostle2
09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Main Stage: Bowie, The Flaming Lips UFO Show, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, PJ Harvey, Dr. Dre

Outdoor Theatre: Sufjan Stevens (sunset), The Magnetic Fields, Okkervil River, Paul Westerberg, The Hives

Sahara Tent: Underworld, Royksopp, Prodigy, The Field, LCD Soundsystem

Mojave Tent: Burial, Fleet Foxes, Lykke Li, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Beirut

Gobi Tent: Ra Ra Riot, Sam Champion, Dan Deacon, Mum, Sean Penn DJ SET

I edited passive's to my liking, but parts were pretty close

paulb
09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Mainstage: NIN, Rob Zombie, Primus, Cypress Hill One Day As A Lion, Bad Brains
Outdoor: The Cranberries, Gogol Bordello, Bedouin Soundclash, Matt Costa, Band of Horses
Mojave: The Sounds...
Gobi: Matt Nathanson...
Sahara: The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Soulwax, Justice, The Bloddy Beetroots

not too sure what acts id like to see in the Mojave or Gobi... but all those bands would make me happy.

Memorial_07
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Mainstage: NIN, Rob Zombie, Primus, Cypress Hill One Day As A Lion, Bad Brains
Outdoor: The Cranberries, Gogol Bordello, Bedouin Soundclash, Matt Costa, Band of Horses
Mojave: The Sounds...
Gobi: Matt Nathanson...
Sahara: The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Soulwax, Justice, The Bloddy Beetroots

not too sure what acts id like to see in the Mojave or Gobi... but all those bands would make me happy.

yours is probably my favorite so far.
especially Bad Brains on the main stage.

And seeing Gogol on the outdoor theatre, would be way awesome.

Besides the point:
Anyone down for T.S.O.L.?

stinkbutt
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I've already Mentioned this in another thread
Main:
Faith No More
David Bowie
Nick Cave
Tom Waits
Gnarls Barkley

Outdoor:
Butthole Surfers
Of Montreal
TV on the Radio
Mogwai
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Sahara:
Squarepusher
Boards of Canada
Hercules and the Love Affair
Modeselektor (cause I didn't see him this year)
The Knife

Mojave:
Boris
Fujiya & Miyagi
The Coral
Kool Keith
Silver Mountain Zion

Gobi:
65 Days of Static
Russian Circles
King Kahn
P.O.S.
Mark Lanegan

indietron
09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Outdoor Theatre: Sufjan Stevens (sunset),

victory

Boourns
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Ooh, good call with Sufjan Stevens. I kinda forgot about him since it's been over 100 years since Illinois.

indietron
09-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Ooh, good call with Sufjan Stevens. I kinda forgot about him since it's been over 100 years since Illinois.

Haha soooo true. Seriously its been wayyy too long.

indietron
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Mine...

Main: Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Gorillaz, The Strokes

Outdoor: Sufjan Stevens (sunset), Belle & Sebastian, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky.

Mojave: The National, Flight of the Concords, Damien Rice, Delta Spirit, Grizzly Bear.

Gobi: New Young Pony Club, Kings of Convenience, Yacht, The Guggenheim Grotto, God is an Astronaut

Sahara: The Knife, LCD Soundsystem, Crystal Method (Live), Underworld, Thom York DJ Set.

TickleMeElmo
09-04-2008, 06:14 PM
In no particular order...

COACHELLA STAGE
The White Stripes
Primus
The Prodigy
David Byrne & Brian Eno
... And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

OUTDOOR THEATRE
Thievery Corporation
Starsailor
Maxmo Park
The Subways
Doves

SAHARA
Danger
Underworld
The Avalanches
Mr. Oizo
Rabbit In The Moon

MOJAVE
Asobi Seksu
Ra Ra Riot
Built To Spill
Daedelus
Silver Jews

GOBI
These New Puritans
Los Campesinos!
Death Vessel
Department Of Eagles
The Little Ones

Memorial_07
09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
...AYWKUBTTOD is still around?

Holy shit

TickleMeElmo
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
...AYWKUBTTOD is still around?

Holy shit

Yep.

They're supposedly done with their next album too.

quicksand
09-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Main Stage
BOWIE
The Flaming Lips
Radiohead
Broken Social Scene
The Mars Volta

Outdoor Theatre
Grizzly Bear
Sunset Rubdown
Maps & Atlases
Fleet Foxes
TV On The Radio

Gobi
Plants & Animals
HEALTH
Don Caballero
Atlas Sound
Bon Iver

Mojave
Panda Bear
Final Fantasy
Crystal Castles
Ratatat
Animal Collective

Sahara
The Chemical Brothers
Digitalism
Royksopp
Underworld
Squarepusher

Memorial_07
09-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Yep.

They're supposedly done with their next album too.

They were supposed to be done years ago.

rage patton
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Monotonix will be in the Gobi next year. They will play right on the grass and it will be an insane party.

zenidogx
09-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Main Stage
BOWIE
The Flaming Lips
Radiohead
Broken Social Scene
The Mars Volta

Outdoor Theatre
Grizzly Bear
Sunset Rubdown
Maps & Atlases
Fleet Foxes
TV On The Radio

Gobi
Plants & Animals
HEALTH
Don Caballero
Atlas Sound
Bon Iver

Mojave
Panda Bear
Final Fantasy
Crystal Castles
Ratatat
Animal Collective

Sahara
The Chemical Brothers
Digitalism
Royksopp
Underworld
Squarepusher

we have a winner

betao
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
In no particular order...

COACHELLA STAGE

The Prodigy

No no no no no.

Prodigy is in the sahara tent. No other place.

TickleMeElmo
09-07-2008, 12:33 AM
No no no no no.

Prodigy is in the sahara tent. No other place.

Either would do, they've done both.

nocigarettes
09-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Main Stage
Bowie
Daft Punk
Sade
No Doubt
The Strokes

Outdoor
Thievery Corporation
Sigur Rs
Fiona Apple
Jill Scott
Corinne Bailey Rae

Sahara
Boards of Canada
the Chemical Brothers
Kylie Minogue
Dr. Lektroluv
the Knife

Mojave
Tracy Chapman
Girl Talk
Flight of the Concords
Asobi Seksu
She & Him

Gobi
Broadcast
El Perro del Mar
Nze
Tyler Ramsey
Jenny Wilson

Boourns
09-07-2008, 02:42 AM
Thumbs up for Asobi Seksu and The Knife

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Prodigy in the Sahara will be twice as packed as it was for MIA this year.
Maybe it be wise putting the Prodigy on the main stage after the headliner...or just making them the headliner

betao
09-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Either would do, they've done both.

Prodigy in the Sahara will be twice as packed as it was for MIA this year.
Maybe it be wise putting the Prodigy on the main stage after the headliner...or just making them the headliner

Prodigy playing the mainstage was a bad idea in 2002.

Putting a huge dance act before a headliner is usually a bad idea. Kraftwerk is the only real exception, but they aren't exactly a "dance" act nowadays.

I've seen videos of Underworld playing before Radiohead at APW...and it just isn't as good as it could have been.

The only way Prodigy should play the mainstage is if they're closing the stage after a headliner. But i'd still rather them be in the sahara.

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Prodigy playing the mainstage was a bad idea in 2002.

Putting a huge dance act before a headliner is usually a bad idea. Kraftwerk is the only real exception, but they aren't exactly a "dance" act nowadays.

I've seen videos of Underworld playing before Radiohead at APW...and it just isn't as good as it could have been.

The only way Prodigy should play the mainstage is if they're closing the stage after a headliner. But i'd still rather them be in the sahara.

I didn't know they played the main stage in '02.

But yeah thats what I meant. They should play after the headliner like what Tiesto did.
Or headline it. But that isn't too likely

rage patton
09-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Or playing before NIN. C'mon, we've been over this!

clumsy342
09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
* = pending a frozen-over hell

Main
David Bowie
Paul McCartney (eh? .. im undecided)
Tom Waits
Radiohead
Fugazi *

Outdoor
The Black Keys
Toadies
Sunset Rubdown *
Soul Coughing *
Mogwai

Mojave
Menomena
The Kills
Adam Green *
Liars
Tom Vek *

Gobi
Future of the Left
Fleet Foxes
Atlas Sound
The Dodos
No Age

Sahara
The Avalanches
The Knife
Autechre
Modeselektor
And umm.. I dont know.. Shpongle. hahhaa.

rage patton
09-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I think Fleet Foxes will be too big for the Gobi by the time Coachella rolls around. Then again... somehow Battles were in the Gobi this year.
Also, I love you forever for including The Avalanches there next year. They are my number 1 hope for the Sahara next year.

clumsy342
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I was realllllly thinking Battles was going to be on the outdoor at night..
But yeah.. Gobi, 3pm. lame. That was the first show of the weekend for us. And also one of the shows we were most looking forward to.

frozen pilgrim
09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
shpongle!
if I've turned just a couple people from this board on to them I've done my job

Boourns
09-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I was realllllly thinking Battles was going to be on the outdoor at night..
But yeah.. Gobi, 3pm. lame. That was the first show of the weekend for us. And also one of the shows we were most looking forward to.

No way...it was the best time slot and stage possible. It would have been harder to have the same energy in a larger setting and playing at night would have meant conflicting with the already clusterfucked pre-JJ Friday night. Bad enough I had to miss Raconteurs, Sharon Jones, Swell Season...

betao
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Or playing before NIN. C'mon, we've been over this!

This could be cool, it has potential.

But i'd much rather have NIN play from 9-1030 and then prodigy go from 1045-12 in the sahara.

idrive1life
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Main Stage
David Bowie
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
Muse
Arcade Fire or Franz Ferdinand

Outdoor
Massive Attack
Sigur Ros
Mogwai
Kasabian
Elbow

Sahara
Orbital
The Chemical Brothers
Pet Shop Boys
Royskopp
The Knife

Mojave
Tears for Fears
Vitalic
dEUS
Club 8 or Trentemoller
Grand National or Maximo Park

Gobi
Sightings
Fennesz
Glasvegas
A Place To Bury Strangers
65daysofstatic

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
* = pending a frozen-over hell

Main
David Bowie
Paul McCartney (eh? .. im undecided)
Tom Waits
Radiohead
Fugazi *

Outdoor
The Black Keys
Toadies
Sunset Rubdown *
Soul Coughing *
Mogwai

Mojave
Menomena
The Kills
Adam Green *
Liars
Tom Vek *

Gobi
Future of the Left
Fleet Foxes
Atlas Sound
The Dodos
No Age

Sahara
The Avalanches
The Knife
Autechre
Modeselektor
And umm.. I dont know.. Shpongle. hahhaa.

Fugazi ain't happening.
Ian already stated that numerous time.
But Minor Threat is a definite for me

quicksand
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Main Stage
David Bowie
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
Muse
Arcade Fire or Franz Ferdinand

Outdoor
Massive Attack
Sigur Ros
Mogwai
Kasabian
Elbow

Sahara
Orbital
The Chemical Brothers
Pet Shop Boys
Royskopp
The Knife

Mojave
Tears for Fears
Vitalic
dEUS
Club 8 or Trentemoller
Grand National or Maximo Park

Gobi
Sightings
Fennesz
Glasvegas
A Place To Bury Strangers
65daysofstatic

I could deal with this. I'd be out of the Mojave all weekend due to lack of knowledge of any of those bands, but still doable.

TickleMeElmo
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I could deal with this. I'd be out of the Mojave all weekend due to lack of knowledge of any of those bands, but still doable.

Wait, you don't know who Tears For Fears are? Wait... Mojave?!?! No fucking way, they would be on the main stage, maaaaaaybe outdoor theatre.

rage patton
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Tears for Fears would almost definately be mainstage. Not sub headliner, but sub-sub-headiner

This could be cool, it has potential.

But i'd much rather have NIN play from 9-1030 and then prodigy go from 1045-12 in the sahara.

That was exactly what happened in 2005 man. I highly doubt it would happen again.

idrive1life
09-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Tears for Fears are not so 80s and are still huge here? As in bigger than Goldfrapp? :D What a pleasant surprise. I would upgrade them into Sahara since I want them to play only in the tent. I dont want them to have a massive mostly robotic / stiff crowd Kraftwerk got this year (yeah, Girl Talk outdoor party at Lolla was super fun but no way Coachella would be able to create a super fun douche party like that. heh heh).

betao
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
That was exactly what happened in 2005 man. I highly doubt it would happen again.

It probably wouldnt, but damn it would be sweet if it did happen again for you and me eh?

frozen pilgrim
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Tears for Fears are not so 80s and are still huge here? As in bigger than Goldfrapp? :D What a pleasant surprise. I would upgrade them into Sahara since I want them to play only in the tent. I dont want them to have a massive mostly robotic / stiff crowd Kraftwerk got this year (yeah, Girl Talk outdoor party at Lolla was super fun but no way Coachella would be able to create a super fun douche party like that. heh heh).

man, I was dancing at kraftwerk, just not maniacally. kind of...
fine, kind of stiffly and robotically. isn't that what happends involuntarily when exposed to high dB kraftwerk? I was in a fucking trance, man. their set was so so good.

thegateisdown
09-08-2008, 11:19 PM
no offense, but how does ANYBODY not know tears for fears, so they're skipping the tent? sacrelidge? spelling error? you tell me.

But yeah, they'd be a wicked fun sub-sub-headliner...maybe even mainstage sunset? just thinking about head over heals, break it down again, and everybody wants.....I didn't even bother with them on my list, because it seemed too far fetched...do they even exist anymore?

thegateisdown
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I was the same at kraftwerk too! they tore it up! but yeah, I think I sensed a little creepy robot coming out of myself. not the fun, cardboard box on the street corner kind of robot....but the creepy, surly, german kind of robot. what a good set though.

thegateisdown
09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
dace?

mymy123
09-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Main:
Radiohead
David Bowie
Daft Punk
Pulp (if this doesn't happen in 2009, then Jarvis Cocker on the outdoor again)
A Tribe Called Quest

Outdoor:
Feist (sunset is a must)
Cat Power
She & Him
Scott Walker
Curve

Gobi:
Final Fantasy
Amanda Palmer
Vermillion Lies
Thao with the Get Down Stay Down