PDA

View Full Version : It's raining Burt Reynolds' sidekicks.

M Sparks
09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Jerry Reed, dead at 71.

pLMzMnhSRm0

fasttrack
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
i thought this was going to be about dom deluise.

SFChrissy
09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
or the flying nun...

Memorial_07
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Or Roscoe from Dukes Of Hazzard

suprefan
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
so the Snowman died, you wonder why he was called that.

Jerm05
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/16/Cophalf.jpg/200px-Cophalf.jpg

Young Blood's Sister
09-04-2008, 05:45 AM
i thought it was going to be about that orangutan....

i'd hit it

gaypalmsprings
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
I thought is was going to be about his cell phone...

http://www.thegeekbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Sidekick-index.gif

TomAz
09-04-2008, 07:50 AM
i thought it was going to be about that orangutan....

i'd hit it

that was clint eastwood.

M Sparks
09-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I've got weird useless shit running around in my head...I swear there's an episode of Alice where all the waitresses are all jacked up about going to a Jerry Reed concert, and Flo used to be his babysitter (which would have made Flo- the oversexed slut of the show- about 60 years old.) So Flo tries to scam free tickets FOR tHE BIG JERRY REED CONCERT, and I'm sure hilarity ensues. Then at the end, there's a "joke" about how they all really want to go see the Sex Pistols, and they hope Flo used to babysit Johnny Rotten. Because all the best comedy is based in reality, like middle age waitresses in Phoenix who love the 70's punk scene,

TomAz
09-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Kiss my grits, sparky!

M Sparks
09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Kiss my grits, sparky!

Stow it, Tom.

They should make sitcoms out of all Scorsese films. I could see this one as a star vehicle for Anson Williams.

EJim-isTEdU

gaypalmsprings
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I've got weird useless shit running around in my head...I swear there's an episode of Alice where all the waitresses are all jacked up about going to a Jerry Reed concert, and Flo used to be his babysitter (which would have made Flo- the oversexed slut of the show- about 60 years old.) So Flo tries to scam free tickets FOR tHE BIG JERRY REED CONCERT, and I'm sure hilarity ensues. Then at the end, there's a "joke" about how they all really want to go see the Sex Pistols, and they hope Flo used to babysit Johnny Rotten. Because all the best comedy is based in reality, like middle age waitresses in Phoenix who love the 70's punk scene,

I remember that episode. It seems like yesterday, but it was 1978.

This episode is founded upon the barely plausible premise that when she was ten years old, Flo (Polly Holliday) babysat a 4-year-old boy named Jerry Reed. Now, of course, Reed is an all-grown-up country superstar (who plays himself in this episode), and Flo is not reluctant to brag about her brush with celebrity. But things turn sour for the wacky waitress when everyone in and out of Mel's Diner demands that she get them free tickets for Jerry's upcoming Phoenix concert. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

M Sparks
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Oh, sweet relief. I thought you had actually written the phrase "things turn sour for the wacky waitress".

What would we do without Hal Erickson to set the record straight on matters of importance?

I'm still looking for the Facts Of Life episode where Jo is trying to decide whether to play Duran Duran or Oingo Boingo for her party guests. I'm pretty sure she's actually sporting a vinyl copy of "Only A Lad".