PDA

View Full Version : It's raining deep, melodramatic voices

bmack86
09-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Don LaFontaine, the guy who does the voiceover work on tons of trailers, died today. He was 68.

frozen pilgrim
09-02-2008, 10:33 AM
he died yesterday.
I have a huge respect for that dude. but this does free up about 3000 gigs a year for us out of work voice actors

Backwater
09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

RIP

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 10:41 AM
He had that niche by on lockdown. Wonder if trailers will be noticeably different at first.

M Sparks
09-02-2008, 10:43 AM
he died yesterday.
I have a huge respect for that dude. but this does free up about 3000 gigs a year for us out of work voice actors

His voice was in just a tad lower register than yours. I doubt he ever beat you out for anything. :D

frozen pilgrim
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
His voice was in just a tad lower register than yours. I doubt he ever beat you out for anything. :D

thing is, nobody else ever had a voice like his, so now that his voice in unavailable, shit's going to go all over the map again. we'll have the high-pitched excited dude, the ice queen bitch sounding chick, the cockney accent dude, the clinical german announcer guy...
oh the possibilities!

M Sparks
09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
thing is, nobody else ever had a voice like his, so now that his voice in unavailable, shit's going to go all over the map again. we'll have the high-pitched excited dude, the ice queen bitch sounding chick, the cockney accent dude, the clinical german announcer guy...
oh the possibilities!

I'd like to hear some examples. Especially the clinical German. Post em up!

Actually, PM me for real. I need voice-overs now and then. My budgets are usually low, but hey...$40 for 30 seconds work!

clarky123
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
ZPBvFXf9Q2U

PassiveTheory
09-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Aw. This is sad. RIP.

JustSteve
09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
i thought i remember hearing that will arnett from arrested development did vo's? i think it was for chevy or ford trucks or something. he had that deep voice, as well.

edit: yup.
from wiki:
"Arnett has a distinctive gravelly voice and has done voice-over work for CBS TV promos, film trailers and numerous advertisements, including Lamisil medication. Perhaps most recognizable is Arnett's voice saying, "It's not more than you need, just more than you're used to" in ads for GMC trucks.[25]

Arnett has also lent his voice to a number of television shows. In 2006, Arnett voiced the character Duncan Schiesst for the Comedy Central animated program Freak Show, which was created by and also stars the voice of his former Arrested Development co-star, David Cross. Recently, Arnett took the role of announcer for the faux trailer "Don't" in the movie Grindhouse. He also lent his voice to the film Horton Hears a Who!, and the upcoming Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.[26]

In 2007, he was part of the hugely successful Disney•Pixar film Ratatouille, voicing Horst, the stern sous-chef at Gusteau's Restaurant.

Arnett was to have been the voice of the new K.I.T.T. in Universal's Knight Rider, a sequel to the popular 1980s series, but has been replaced by Val Kilmer due to conflicting contractual agreements due to K.I.T.T. being a Ford Mustang."

so i guess since he is contracted with chevy that it screwed him out of the voice for kitt?

iv3rdawG
09-02-2008, 01:37 PM
i thought i remember hearing that will arnett from arrested development did vo's? i think it was for chevy or ford trucks or something. he had that deep voice, as well.

edit: yup.
from wiki:
"Arnett has a distinctive gravelly voice and has done voice-over work for CBS TV promos, film trailers and numerous advertisements, including Lamisil medication. Perhaps most recognizable is Arnett's voice saying, "It's not more than you need, just more than you're used to" in ads for GMC trucks.[25]

Arnett has also lent his voice to a number of television shows. In 2006, Arnett voiced the character Duncan Schiesst for the Comedy Central animated program Freak Show, which was created by and also stars the voice of his former Arrested Development co-star, David Cross. Recently, Arnett took the role of announcer for the faux trailer "Don't" in the movie Grindhouse. He also lent his voice to the film Horton Hears a Who!, and the upcoming Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.[26]

In 2007, he was part of the hugely successful Disney•Pixar film Ratatouille, voicing Horst, the stern sous-chef at Gusteau's Restaurant.

Arnett was to have been the voice of the new K.I.T.T. in Universal's Knight Rider, a sequel to the popular 1980s series, but has been replaced by Val Kilmer due to conflicting contractual agreements due to K.I.T.T. being a Ford Mustang."

so i guess since he is contracted with chevy that it screwed him out of the voice for kitt?

6q-eFsn3S4E

RIP, Don.

"This week on Hack, to catch an international jewel thief, Hack is going to have to become... a rapist."

sbessiso
09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
he died yesterday.

wait. what?

JustSteve
09-02-2008, 01:42 PM
haha, i remember that loveline episode.

canexplain
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
RIP ... geez a lot of these raining people arent that much older then me and i have a barfday coming up ...yikes ... if i check out, i hope i get a thread :) x****

amyzzz
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Holy crap, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is going to be a movie? That's a cute story.

marooko
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
this guy used to go on the D&M show. it was always fucking funny. RIP.

marooko
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
RIP ... geez a lot of these raining people arent that much older then me and i have a barfday coming up ...yikes ... if i check out, i hope i get a thread :) x****

your grave is gonna get pee'd upon if you check out before we get to share a bowl. i mean this with love, Ron.

canexplain
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
your grave is gonna get pee'd upon if you check out before we get to share a bowl. i mean this with love, Ron.

and that is how i took it, hey you can piss on my grave anyway lol ....x****

marooko
09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
i would never do that. to anyone. id joke about it sure, but i wouldnt really do it.

suprefan
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
HJCVGog6jFA

paulb
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
he seriously was the reason to go to the movies...RIP

Memorial_07
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I always wondered who did the voiceovers.

suprefan
09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
1hliTwpIGeA

betao
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
That has to be the easiest job ever. Seriously man.

RIP!