PDA

View Full Version : RNC whoo

stinkbutt
09-01-2008, 10:24 PM
So today was the first day of the RNC and there was also a "Take Back Labor Day" concert I attended. I expected a lot more crazy stuff coming into St. Paul (I'm from MPLS, the better of the twin cities) but there really wasn't a whole lot going on lots of press but besides that nothing. I started my day by going to my favorite restaurant in St. Paul (the only reason I'd go to that city besides hockey and concerts) Cossetta's and had a couple beers and a slice. Next we walked over to the show which is on Harriet Island but the main road to get there was blocked off so we had to take a really weird way. Then as we were approaching the top of the hill where we needed to be we saw a group of protesters getting tear gassed. We watched and laughed but yet felt bad and then moved on our way because our buzzes were wearing off. The show was great The Nightwatchmen was a bit too preachy but it's his thing. Mos Def killed it as always, and if you're from the TC you know what I mean when I say Atmosphere was ok. On the way home my friend had informed me more than 250 people were arrested I wasn't there to see this but will be in "the shit" tomorrow.

pix later

stinkbutt
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Sorry don't know how to post youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHg4nAzTfKc

These people make me sick check out around 2:45 do these dipshits not know what it means when you sign up for the military

PassiveTheory
09-02-2008, 12:10 AM
The soldiers? or the people questioning them?

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 12:18 AM
This is why I always say "STFU Passive" the protesters you fucktard!

"You always can you just choose not to"

Fuckin assholes know nothing about serving or honor

Why do the Japanese excel at everything one word HONOR

It's not just the right the left is moving this shitstorm along just as well if not making it easier for the right who everyone is just too scared to stand up to (myself included) fuck this 2 party system. I really wish my sovereign nation was actually sovereign and not federal land then we could just say fuck yall.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Stink, are you drunk?

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
What does it mater to you?

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah but I never make sense I was just bitching to bitch I guess

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
It doesn't matter, just curious.

Protest on.

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Oh no I'm not protesting I could care less I just went for the music and to see the hippies get fucked up (hate those damn hippies). I didn't get to see any of it but I love how they all say I didn't do anything wrong yet everything you see for the most part is them being uncooperative. Pussys grow some balls I hate the right but at least they have balls and get away with it. Look what happened with Clinton the guy got blown and lied bam Impeached War Crimes and over 4000 dead nothing grow some balls you fuckin pussies and you wonder why no one takes the hippie movement seriously cause you didn't do shit

In other words I'm voting this guy

http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/Ross%20Perot%20on%20MTP.jpg

thewindowliquor
09-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Look what happened with Clinton the guy got blown and lied bam Impeached War Crimes and over 4000 dead nothing grow some balls you fuckin pussies and you wonder why no one takes the hippie movement seriously cause you didn't do shit
[/IMG]

I'm sorry... wtf are you talking about right here.

Ok, yeah, he got some head, then he kinda lied about it...

Where do the war crimes factor in to all that? 4000 dead? WTF are you talking about? Yugoslavia? I'm lost.

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Clinton was impeached for head and lying yet nothing happened to Bush (W) wtf?

sorry I guess I should have clarified better

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 01:28 AM
http://www.startribune.com/video/27753274.html?elr=KArks5PhDcU9PhDcUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Cool vid of the shit that I missed

marooko
09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
clinton wasnt impeached was he? i thought, like bush, they just talked about it.

TomAz
09-02-2008, 06:58 AM
sorry I guess I should have clarified better

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/68/23326861.jpg

ba dum bum.

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 09:02 AM
clinton wasnt impeached was he? i thought, like bush, they just talked about it.

He was. Jackson and Clinton are the only 2 presidents to get impeached but neither were kicked out of office.

faxman75
09-02-2008, 09:07 AM
He was impeached by only the house, he was acquitted by the senate. The voting was pretty much down party lines.

canexplain
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM
stinkbutt, i agree about the night watchman but i dont agree with a lot of what you otherwise said .... dude, look at the vid again, i saw maybe two people who "might" be considered hippies ... they were all a bunch of college age "skinhead/anarchists/frat boys and girls" narry a real hippie to be found .... even though r68 was here for the dnc, its not the 60's anymore ... most hippies are dead, or in the corporate world ....x****

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 09:44 AM
eh your probably right I was kinda drunk when I wrote that

It's raining today so I'm not expecting a whole lot going on at least not as much as yesterday

canexplain
09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
i read where there are around 130 that will be charged with felonies ... i was just talking to a detective here and he said, here anyway there would be hard jail time for a lot of them ...x****

rage patton
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Is Rage Against The Machine playing this one? Or am I getting them confused with Ted Nuggent?

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Rage is but in Minneapolis not St. Paul and it's not free either

i read where there are around 130 that will be charged with felonies

I read this and 286 were arrested in total last night

canexplain
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Is Rage Against The Machine playing this one? Or am I getting them confused with Ted Nuggent?

they had a pay for concert or are going to have it ... here it was free, sounds like a bunch of the same music people just headed up there ....x****

canexplain
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
i just thought this was interesting when you are always reading the hippies and the yippies were the cause of chicago .....x**** and what in the world did daley mean, he was such an ass....

August 28
By most accounts, on Wednesday evening Chicago police take action against crowds of demonstrators without provocation. The police beat some marchers unconscious and send at least 100 to emergency rooms while arresting 175. In the end there were 152 cops, 500 protesters, and 101 civilians injured.
Mayor Daley tried the next day to explain the police action at a press conference. He famously explained: "The policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder."
Twenty-eight years later, when the Democrats next held a convention in Chicago, some police officers still on the force wore t-shirts proclaiming, "We kicked their father's butt in '68 and now it's your turn."

TomAz
09-02-2008, 02:41 PM
flashbacks, ron?

canexplain
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
flashbacks, ron?

to that event for sure, not the kicked back dnc here ...but thats a good thing ....x****

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Fuckin assholes wouldn't let Rage play the surprise show they had planned

So today I was there and then my friend who works at Jimmy John's sent me a text saying Tom from Rage came in got a sandwhich and that they would be playing a surprise show at a free fest at the capital. So I told everyone and we all got super excited and headed over but then when Rage actually showed up the police would not let them play they said the band didn't have a permit. Instead Zach led a sing a long through a megaphone of Killing In The Name Of and then the "show" ended and Rage left. This is about when the shit hit the fan lots of people were unwilling to disperse so they started with the tear gas and arrests, luckily people didn't as nuts as yesterday from what I've seen at least. It was weird though seeing tear gas in front of one of your fondest childhood places though

http://www.scenesalongtheroad.com/images/places/mn/stpaul/IMG_2263.JPG

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/conventions/27782184.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUX

Decent article

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
The news is saying one of the members of Rage may have been arrested

canexplain
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
what a local tv station call letters there? i surfed a bit and just saw a bunch of stuff like you already posted about ratm ... it's more exciting when it is in your back yard eh ... x****

suprefan
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Rage is playing a show during the RNC, but not at it in any means...

canexplain
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Rage is playing a show during the RNC, but not at it in any means...

well there is the scheduled on thur i think that cost 60 bucks i saw, but like posted, ratm said they would do a free show downtown somewhere and cops said , no permit, no show .... disperse ...x****

stinkbutt
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
The show that you have to pay for is tomorrow the free surprise show was supposed to be today but the cops shut it down it's all above if you're curious

thestripe
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqndpCQ1boE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqndpCQ1boE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This made me lol.

thestripe
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Holy shit this one is even better.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8G9jA-FGGd8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8G9jA-FGGd8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

canexplain
09-03-2008, 08:03 PM
one of the channels last night, i think cbs, they only had bush speaking, and no crowd noise, so bush would say something, and there would be like a 5 second pause where he looked so confused ... it was totally funny ...x****

bullokz
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
:bump

stinkbutt
09-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Nothin much to report tonight sorry

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
hahahahaha Foot Loose is playing overhead at the RNC...