PDA

View Full Version : Funkytown Riots .....aka The GOP convention

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
hahaaha
we'll show u Colorado sissies how its done.....

remember... MN was the only state that didn't vote Reagan.... i've always predicted the sheeet will go down hard..
MNDOt traffic cameras around downtown St.Paul have been turned off..
police scanner was available to the public for awhile, but now is not available..

best site with vids so far:
http://adap2k.blogspot.com/

xoxoxo
bug

Some turn violent in march to GOP convention

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Protesters attacked delegates, smashed windows, punctured car tires and threw bottles Monday, a violent counterpoint to an otherwise peaceful anti-war march at the Republican National Convention. Police wielding pepper spray arrested at least 56 people.

The trouble happened not far from the Xcel Energy Center convention site, and many of those involved in the more violent protest were clad in black and identified themselves to reporters as anarchists. They wrought havoc by damaging property and setting at least one fire. Most of the trouble was in pockets of a neighborhood near downtown, several blocks from where the convention was taking place.

Police estimates of the crowd shifted several times during the event, ranging from 2,000 to 10,000. The crowd was clearly in the thousands. Late Monday afternoon, long after the antiwar marchers had dispersed, police requested and got 150 Minnesota National Guard soldiers to help control splinter groups near downtown.

Members of the Connecticut delegation said they were attacked by protesters when they got off their bus near the Xcel Center, KMSP-TV reported. Delegate Rob Simmons told the station that a group of protesters came toward his delegation and tried to rip the credentials off their necks and sprayed them with a toxic substance that burned their eyes and stained their clothes.

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Gotta make a move to a
Town that's right for me
Town to keep me movin'
Keep me groovin' with some energy

Well, I talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about, Talk about
Talk about movin

Gotta move on
Gotta move on
Gotta move on

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/09/01/18531784.php

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
fuck yeah motherfucka!!! Tear them Reps apart!

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
NKsl--kQ2gI

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
wow... that is a walking/biking path south part of Downtown St.Paul on Mississippi river..

those kids were really asking for it...

BOMB EM BOMB EM !

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 07:21 PM
pl4myGZAXY4

leo01g
09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
wow!

JustSteve
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
that chick needs to really consider giving up her reporter duties if she is so outta breath from just standing there.

faxman75
09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
hahaha good call

Looks like a crazy party up there in 'sota

Mr.Nipples
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
COWABUNGA!!!

thewindowliquor
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
THAT'S WHAT THEY GET

zfgNyXEmfXU

faxman75
09-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Why they be assaulting delegates. Those fucks need to go to jail.

faxman75
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7334945&version=41&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

TomAz
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I have yet to see a demonstration that changes anybody's mind about anything. Demonstrations are about the demonstrators, not about the issues. You wanna beat McCain? join the organized Obama political campaign. You wanna get in the papers? assault an RNC delegate.

thewindowliquor
09-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah... you know. Here's the thing. Part of me totally agrees with Mark and Tom, and these demonstrators aren't changing any minds and deserve to be arrested by the hundreds.

On the other hand, part of me is like... you know what.. fuck them up, man. Just go trash everything because seriously, just fuck it. Those guys are assholes, and they deserve to get their shit fucked up.

I guess I'm indifferent.

faxman75
09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
They are assaulting innocent people and trashing businesses.

thewindowliquor
09-01-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah, you're right. It's fucked up.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah... you know. Here's the thing. Part of me totally agrees with Mark and Tom, and these demonstrators aren't changing any minds and deserve to be arrested by the hundreds.

On the other hand, part of me is like... you know what.. fuck them up, man. Just go trash everything because seriously, just fuck it. Those guys are assholes, and they deserve to get their shit fucked up.

I guess I'm indifferent.

yeah I get the venting frustrations part. I get the "god damn it I'm pissed off at how bad you twats have fucked up my country the past 8 years".

but in the bigger picture, which approach is most effective at getting the dickfaces out of washington? ma & pa kettle sitting at home are gonna see some douchebag on TV doing some stupid vandalism shit and immediately think "I'm against that. that's bad." What we want is ma & pa to say "you know that Obama seems to have his head on his shoulders and that nice girl Mary who used to walk our dog called us the other night and talked to us about him and i think I like him."

Just cuz you're impassioned doesn't mean you're gonna get your way. you need to be smart. recognize that there is a larger world beyond your hipster tribe.

thewindowliquor
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Just cuz you're impassioned doesn't mean you're gonna get your way. you need to be smart. recognize that there is a larger world beyond your hipster tribe.

yeah. you're totally right. I'm also impressed by your correct usage of your/you're throughout that paragraph. thank you.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
you'd be more impressed if you knew how much I drank tonight. I like your priorities.

Wheres the beef?
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM
you'd be more impressed if you knew how much I drank tonight. I like your priorities.

Well are you going to tell us how much you drank or not?

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:18 PM
a gentleman never tells.

6 cans of guiness and a bottle of wine.

which I know aint' much if you're like driving a school bus or something but i dunno it seemed good to me for the apostrophe thing.

Wheres the beef?
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Guiness can? Did you at least pour it into a an acceptable vessel? Pint glass?

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:27 PM
no and i didn't raise my pinky either

Wheres the beef?
09-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Guiness seems like an odd choice to be drinking out of a can. If I'm going to be drinking from metal I could see Budweiser or Keystone but not Guiness.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
True Guiness draft > guinness 'draught' in the can > guiness 'draught' in the bottle > guiness stout > anything else.

canexplain
09-01-2008, 10:40 PM
tomaz has always blamed the 68 riots for how a lot of people think these days ... at least you remember them so they did make an impression ...x**** rock and roll kids

miscorrections
09-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Non sequitur champ.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
tomaz has always blamed the 68 riots for how a lot of people think these days ... at least you remember them so they did make an impression ...x**** rock and roll kids

meet the new boss... same as the old boss

stinkbutt
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
NKsl--kQ2gI

Haha I walked that same path about ten minutes before these jackasses I got to see this whole ordeal from up above

MN don't fuck around over 250 arrests just tonight