PDA

View Full Version : Gustav Blows Away the RNC

canexplain
08-31-2008, 08:43 AM
dont know if this deserves its own thread, but if it ends like katrina (which i doubt) it would ... so what do you think of the rnc changing things because of gustav ... i dont think we have anyone on the board that lives even close down there, not sure ... we have some FLA peeps i know ..... what do you think of bush/cheney not attending ... etc ....x****

gaypalmsprings
08-31-2008, 08:58 AM
I hope the winds don't blow Sarah's bun down.

arbouler
08-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I hope the winds don't blow Sarah's bun down.

i'm pretty sure that's nothing in comparison with her previous experiences in dealing with the soviets where she single-handedly swam across the bearing sea in a winter night, hiked thousands of miles to get to moscow and killed all the damn commies.

she got caught, became a POW for a few years, then one day skillfully tricked the russians, ran back to america, and became the governor of Alaska. because she used to be a POW she is claimed to now have three houses because she deserved it and we all think she should get a forth one.

canexplain
08-31-2008, 09:53 AM
i'm pretty sure that's nothing in comparison with her previous experiences in dealing with the soviets where she single-handedly swam across the bearing sea in a winter night, hiked thousands of miles to get to moscow and killed all the damn commies.

she got caught, became a POW for a few years, then one day skillfully tricked the russians, ran back to america, and became the governor of Alaska. because she used to be a POW she is claimed to now have three houses because she deserved it and we all think she should get a forth one.

thats funny , dude, i have said this b4, but your pics are awesome ... way to go...x****

arbouler
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
thx canx!

Cpt. Funkaho
08-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh hey, there's probably a more appropriate thread for this, but how was the convention, Ron? Get up to any hijinks? Any stories to tell?

gaypalmsprings
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
How about the Hookah on Colfax?

canexplain
08-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh hey, there's probably a more appropriate thread for this, but how was the convention, Ron? Get up to any hijinks? Any stories to tell?

actually a few, was interesting to say the least compareing sp it to 68 ... x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
wow...there is a god...

canexplain
08-31-2008, 10:46 AM
15 minutes from an update ... i have been to NO maybe ten times, it holds a special place in my heart .. i wish them well, brings a tear to me ... x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
I am still pissed that I never saw the city.

sbessiso
08-31-2008, 02:40 PM
the weather has been sooo awesome thanks to gustav. really windy and cloudy, my favorite!

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 02:53 PM
dont know if this deserves its own thread, but if it ends like katrina (which i doubt) it would ... so what do you think of the rnc changing things because of gustav ... i dont think we have anyone on the board that lives even close down there, not sure ... we have some FLA peeps i know ..... what do you think of bush/cheney not attending ... etc ....x****

Its obviously the perfect excuse for that dastardly duo to distance themselves from McCain and Palin. Given their popularity, or lack thereof, I'm sure there aren't too many broken hearts in the McCain camp.

canexplain
08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
i am a little dissapointed with the lack of response .. most here have never been to NO i guess ... it is one of the great cities of the world .. i guess it for me that i spent some time in there, maybe 10 times, but it makes me sad .... my first wife and me stayed at a place on the main street geez i bet it was 25 years ago, i tripped there many times prob 20 times and trippers know what that means, jackson sq, MUFFULETTAs , beignets at cafe du monde,

Equipment to serve Cafe Au Lait:
1. Can of Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory
2. Drip Coffee Pot
3. Vacuum Bottles (3)
4. Hot Plate (to heat milk)
5. 2 Liter Saucepan (to heat milk)
6. Thermometer (to check milk temperature)
7. Measuring Cup (to measure amount of Coffee and Chicory)
8. Serving Cups, Sugar, Coffee Stirrers.

NOTE: The Vacuum bottles should be pre-heated to make sure they keep their temperature when filled. The Coffee and Chicory should be brewed to the ratio of 2.0 US gallons per 13 ounces of Coffee and Chicory. One 15oz can should be brewed with 2.3 US gallons

1. Box of Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix
2. Temperature Controlled Frying Pan?Frying Skillet works best
3. Fry Basket (to retrieve the finished Beignets)
4. Spoon (to stir the water and mix into a dough)
5. Mixing Bowl
6. Measuring Cup
7. Rolling Pin (to roll finished dough into a flat sheet)
8. Pizza Cutter (to cut dough into squares for frying)
9. Vegetable Oil?Louanna Cottonseed Oil is recommended
10. Powdered Sugar (to use as topping for finished Beignets)
11. Flour (to keep dough from sticking to rolling pin)
12. Water

The Cafe Du Monde Beignets have traditionally been served in orders of three, lavishly covered with powdered sugar.

NOTE: If the Beignets fail to puff up and remain flat, this is an indication the frying oil temperature is too low to properly cook the dough. Try using smaller pieces of dough (make a smaller Beignet) and let the fryer come back to temperature before cooking another batch. Fryer Temperature: 370 degrees farenheit!

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 04:10 PM
^
By chance are you tripping right now?

canexplain
08-31-2008, 06:45 PM
no ...x**** i wish

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Me too :(

All That I Am
08-31-2008, 09:15 PM
It just occured to me that there were some conservative assholes who asked everyone to pray for rain during Obama's convention speech.

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
It just occured to me that there were some conservative assholes who asked everyone to pray for rain during Obama's convention speech.

The irony is priceless.

bullokz
08-31-2008, 10:21 PM
There's another tropical storm which is now near Bahamas. TS Hannah is on the move towards the Southeast Coast of USA.

Tropical Storm Hanna is currently (2 pm EDT, 8/31/08) packing winds of 45 miles per hour with a forward motion of about 12 miles per hour. The slow moving storm is presently located southeast of the Bahamas and has plenty of time to gather strength and develop into a hurricane in the next few days. The storm is expected to strengthen to hurricane status by Thursday, Sept. 4; however, the maximum wind speed will be determined by variables such as upper level winds, forward movement, and the amount of time the storm stays in the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. The surface temperature of the water in the Gulf Stream is typically in the 80-85 degree range during this time of the year and significantly affects the size and intensity of these storms.

canexplain
09-01-2008, 07:21 AM
i think i am going to barf .. michael brown was just on tv saying how he did everything they are doing this time, but EVERYONE else didnt do their jobs which tied his hands .. he was the good guy .. what a putz .... and the republicans are whining that their message wont get out now ... hey the message is out : republicans=big business .... x****

faxman75
09-01-2008, 07:56 AM
My favorite was last night CNN was showing video of a bar on bourbon street with a couple of people drinking beer and playing pool and cnn played this ominous music while the anchor said "I do not know....what these people are thinking or why they would be there" they come back from break and their reporter on the scene interviews the guy who was drinking straight out the pitcher of beer and had tattoos on his face and was drunk. He said something along the lines of "where am I supposed to go? This is my home, I love this city and I would rather die than be anywhere else" the anchor then walks away from the guy and says "there you go, some people have a different way of thinking"

IF only the government cared about the people of New Orleans last time around. All I keep thinking is this proves the government was a complete failure to the people last time. It's too bad it took two tries at it to get it right.

canexplain
09-01-2008, 08:35 AM
i blame the govt some, a lot i guess .... but you cant chicken out a run everytime something like this happens ...if you live in those places, you take your chance ... i love NO, next to SF it is my fav city, but with the good comes the bad ... x****

faxman75
09-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I was thinking about it last night. I envied the guy in the bar. Lets test out some survival instincts you know. If you are a single guy with nothing else to do in the area, not elderly or scared, I say ride it out. I think your chances of survival are good. I would also find it all exciting and the adrenaline would be awesome.

gaypalmsprings
09-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Interesting link, esp if you mute all but one video.
http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav.html

Ardentbiscuit
09-01-2008, 09:19 AM
The Republicans are going to use this during the RNC to talk about how much they care and that people need to donate in case something happens during Gustav. And they are going to try to show how much compassion they have for the possible victims and that they are prepared now.

The average idiot watching this is going to say, "Wow they really changed." And vote for them...

canexplain
09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I was thinking about it last night. I envied the guy in the bar. Lets test out some survival instincts you know. If you are a single guy with nothing else to do in the area, not elderly or scared, I say ride it out. I think your chances of survival are good. I would also find it all exciting and the adrenaline would be awesome.

i agree, for the neooobies, i will post this again ... in japan we used to tie ourselfs down with big ropes, on the pier, and drink beer, watch the storm pour over us, and just enjoy it ... not the best of choices, but a part in my my life i will allways remember ....x****

frozen pilgrim
09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
hey ron, sorry to be off topic, but holy 5000 posts, batman!

faxman75
09-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Bush is now speaking saying the state of Texas is very kind and the people of Texas are also very kind. Everyone is so nice. Bush is also asking people to donate time and money once this hurricane is over.

frozen pilgrim
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm still partially worried that there's going to be another terrorist attack sometime between now and november.
I'm not convinced bush is leaving without a struggle

gaypalmsprings
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
when is the RNC gonna blow up one or more of the levees?

Ardentbiscuit
09-01-2008, 11:28 AM
They are using the levees to steer away from the Levi that impregnated Palin's daughter.