View Full Version : Sarah Palin

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

gaypalmsprings
08-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate

Smart choice. Let the race begin!

eudaemonia
08-29-2008, 06:49 AM
oh snap. way to get those feminists from Hilary's camp to cross over...

canexplain
08-29-2008, 07:11 AM
all i have to say is she is sort of cute ...x****

faxman75
08-29-2008, 07:12 AM
She's hot.
So, she is pro life.
Anti gay marriage.
Pro death penalty
Pro drilling in ANWR

Talk about no experience, I have never EVER seen a more bare profile on the "on the issues" website.

She's also a former beauty queen. What a silly pick. An inexperienced pro life chick.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

faxman75
08-29-2008, 07:16 AM
It's 2008 and everyone is all against gays getting married still.
Obama - check
McCain- check
Palin - check
Biden - He has never said he is against it, in fact he says it's inevitable, so we'll barely say the dem ticket is slightly less narrow minded.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Obama is not against gay marriage. He's trepid about calling it marriage because he knows it will isolate a large demographic he's trying to win over. But you forgot to add the Clintons (don't ask don't tell my ass)

faxman75
08-29-2008, 07:33 AM
You don't think don't ask don't tell was a good first step that fails long term?

Obama is flat out against gay marriage. You can say "trepid about calling it" gay marriage but until he gets over his trepidation, he is against allowing gays to get married exactly like men and women do.

"I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

TonyWonder
08-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Much better pick than Romney or Pawlenty but it neutralizes any talk that Obama is too inexperienced and Palin's strongly anti-choice stance will not help with any of the disaffected Clinton voters.

Plus there's the developing scandal wherein she supposedly had her former brother-in-law fired so that he would lose custody of her sister's kids.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 07:40 AM
http://askpang.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sabine5.jpg

GILF.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Oh, my bad, she's a Fox News rising star! Reminds me of baseball cards back in the day.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-seen-as-gop-rising-star/

A mother of FIVE. Damn.

marooko
08-29-2008, 07:45 AM
i just took a look at her. she is pretty damn hot. they are a good looking family, kinda creepy though.

arbouler
08-29-2008, 07:46 AM
oh snap. way to get those feminists from Hilary's camp to cross over...

pro life feminists? i thought they're all extinct.

all i know is that those crazy hildog fans only voted for her because they want to see a woman in the office at all costs and they dont give a damn who that woman it is.

i cant wait to hear jokes on late night tv or some shit about a mccain-palin scandal. mccain already cheated on his first wife, surely he can do it again with his second wife...

marooko
08-29-2008, 07:46 AM
http://askpang.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sabine5.jpg

GILF.

oh i wanna be bad.

clarky123
08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Sarah - some uSELESS fACTs
1. She refers to "Her husband", Todd, as the "First Dude." He's worked as a commercial fisherman and as a production operator on the North Slope for BP. He enjoys snowmobiling and has won the Tesoro Iron Dog, billed as the world's longest snowmobile race, four times.
2. She likes guns and is comfortable with a weapon in her hands, in fact Sarah is a lifetime NRA member
3. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda."
4. Her favorite meal is moose stew.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 07:56 AM
msnbc is just reporting she smoked marijuana when alaska legalized it, but didn't like.

thanks msnbc!

not making that up either. I just turned on the TV and thats the first thing I heard

faxman75
08-29-2008, 07:58 AM
lol

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I also heard an MSNBC commentator talking with someone from Obama's camp.

The commentator told the guy from Obama's camp that she was talking with a woman last night after Obama's speech and that

"while she liked the speech, Obama was just too mean to McCain! "

and that rubbed her the wrong way and it upset her.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/happiness/images/Crying.gif

We're going to hell fast folks!

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Anyone want to move to Europe with me if McCain wins?

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:04 AM
These fox nexs announcers drive me crazy. Why do I torture myself.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm down faxman.

100% I'm also not opposed to Canada.

We can live like kings if we move to South East Asia somewhere

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Part of me fears that McCain may win this election because people feel sorry for him. Who the fuck wants a president we feel sorry for... we have a guy everyone wanted to have a beer with for eight years and it's just about destroyed this country. I don't understand how someone being confident when running for the highest office in the land can be considered bad. Not to mention that Obama did not attack McCain personally, but his policies and plans. Not everyone can win and McCain's not a good presidential candidate.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
This is true as well. I don't know why but southeast asia and the middle east have always intimidated me. Culture shock or something. I would give it a go though.

I can't wait to see Biden debate Palin.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Now fox is touting Palins experience as governor as more executive experience than both Biden and Obama because she RUNS a government. oh christ.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
God I :pulse Fox's no spin

eudaemonia
08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
pro life feminists? i thought they're all extinct.

all i know is that those crazy hildog fans only voted for her because they want to see a woman in the office at all costs and they dont give a damn who that woman it is.

i cant wait to hear jokes on late night tv or some shit about a mccain-palin scandal. mccain already cheated on his first wife, surely he can do it again with his second wife...

they're not extinct. they just got older. and more people are living older. and they vote.

come to think of it, this might offend those crazy hildog fans. Palin would take the historical limelight if she got voted top dawg #2, a feat they wanted for their Hillary.

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Now fox is touting Palins experience as governor as more executive experience than both Biden and Obama because she RUNS a government. oh christ.

yes, because leading less than 700,000 people is just like leading 300 million...

marooko
08-29-2008, 08:17 AM

I'm down faxman.

100% I'm also not opposed to Canada.

We can live like kings if we move to South East Asia somewhere

i will be more than happy to buy your tickets, if you promise to never come back. seriously, i will.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
This is true as well. I don't know why but southeast asia and the middle east have always intimidated me. Culture shock or something. I would give it a go though.

after a week in South East Asia you wouldn't miss Fox News and McCain much at all. There's a lot of things better over here, Patty melt sandwiches, deluxe movie theaters, more concerts, etc but it would be well worth it for a few years.

Food, heavy boozing and lodging are all very cheap. $25-30 a day and you are living well. Plus, beautiful women will come up to you in bars and clubs and buy YOU drinks. I shit you not.

Get tired of Thailand after a while, pack up your bags, hop on a bus for a few bucks and go to the next country.

I could adapt to the backpacker lifestyle for a few years no doubt

days on a deserted beach in Cambodia drinking buckets, literally buckets, of rum and coke for 4 bucks and then filling up on a sea food BBQ for a whopping 3 bucks

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Definitely going for the female vote here. Comes on stage with is wife and daughter to introduce his female running mate to Van Halens "Right now"

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
after a week in South East Asia you wouldn't miss Fox News and McCain much at all. There's a lot of things better over here, Patty melt sandwiches, deluxe movie theaters, more concerts, etc but it would be well worth it for a few years.

Food, heavy boozing and lodging are all very cheap. $25-30 a day and you are living well. Plus, beautiful women will come up to you in bars and clubs and buy YOU drinks. I shit you not.

Get tired of Thailand after a while, pack up your bags, hop on a bus for a few bucks and go to the next country.

I could adapt to the backpacker lifestyle for a few years no doubt

days on a deserted beach in Cambodia drinking buckets, literally buckets, of rum and coke for 4 bucks and then filling up on a sea food BBQ for a whopping 3 bucks

This is sounding better and beter!

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
i will be more than happy to buy your tickets, if you promise to never come back. seriously, i will.

Seriously?

Deal.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I kind of like that they are pandering to me with a female VP choice...but I'm still voting Obama.

miscorrections
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Any decent self-respecting feminist won't really be moved by that pick.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
It's about the issues.

marooko
08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Seriously?

Deal.

seriously. im not even joking, you just have to not come back.

roberto73
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
When McCain picks someone with zero foreign policy experience – and in her first term as governor – as his running mate, the Republicans no longer have a leg to stand on when it comes to Obama's supposed inexperience. Remember, if McCain's elected, and his senile ass croaks while in office, we'll be able to say our President is a former beauty queen. Outstanding credentials.

I hope women are as insulted by this choice as I am.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
i like the Academy Awards montage music

it cut off so quickly too. HA

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM

be sure to look for a penis later, though. i shit you not.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Reality is what exists in JustSteve's imagination. He shits us not.

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
It's about the issues.

unfortunately, a lot of the people who vote have no idea what the issues are. there are a lot of dumb people around who let others make the decisions for them, whether it be media, friends/family/celebrities, etc. how many people will vote for obama just because oprah supports him?

marooko
the guys im listening to are joking about how american they are and one says "all their children were born on 4th of july". twas pretty funny . probably would have been better in full context though.

amyzzz
When McCain picks someone with zero foreign policy experience – and in her first term as governor – as his running mate, the Republicans no longer have a leg to stand on when it comes to Obama's supposed inexperience. Remember, if McCain's elected, and his senile ass croaks while in office, we'll be able to say our President is a former beauty queen. Outstanding credentials.

I hope women are as insulted by this choice as I am.
I just found out about this about an hour ago. I'll wait until I hear more about her before I'm "insulted," thank you very much.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Want us to insult you now, Amy?

miscorrections
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Roberto, you have such a way of putting things. I fully agree with you.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:38 AM
be sure to look for a penis later, though. i shit you not.

it's not that much of an issue. You'll spot the trannies easy enough

amyzzz
Want us to insult you now, Amy?
Go ahead, Tom. :thu

JustSteve
Reality is what exists in JustSteve's imagination. He shits us not.

"I buy you drink?"
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2175/2120245977_e06a89301f.jpg?v=0

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
see, obvious trannies. How drunk would you have to be go to home with that?

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
seriously. im not even joking, you just have to not come back.

No problem. I was packing or I would have responded sooner.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
so Steve you know from personal experience that a lot of the "women" in bars in SE Asia are in fact trannies? I mean you've been there, and experienced it and all that?

eudaemonia
08-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I think a big indication is how tall they are. If you can see them eye to eye, there's a good chance it's a tranny.

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
i never said a lot were. i do have a cousin that almost found out too late, though, when over in thailand. it happened in bangkok.

i have been to vietnam, though, where the hookers basically follow you into your room uninvited. never took the chance to find out what was up with that.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Damn, she just flat out went for the women vote saying Hillary left those 18 million shards of glass out there and this chick is gonna shatter that glass ceiling.

arbouler
08-29-2008, 08:47 AM

no biden needs to be careful cuz women are gonna give her the pity vote especially when the media, fox news, AP's ron fournier claim that he's being sexist. trust me, theyll say he's sexist no matter what.

wow, i was just mentioning that spin to someone. i dont like how my brain and fox's braind are on the same wavelength.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
In 1984 she was runner-up in the Miss Alaska competition and went on to hold various jobs including sports reporter and commercial fisherman, the latter alongside her husband Ted, who is a Yup'ik Eskimo.

"Ted" being a very common Eskimo name.

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/923d3f82a2_palin.jpg

vs

http://www.old-picture.com/indians/pictures/Old-Eskimo-Man.jpg

roberto73
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I just found out about this about an hour ago. I'll wait until I hear more about her before I'm "insulted," thank you very much.

Seriously, how much more do you need to hear? Why do you think he chose her, Amy, other than the fact she's a woman, and he's hoping this will A) prove he's all about "change," too, and B) pull disaffected Clinton supporters to his side? As I said before, she has no foreign policy experience, she has exactly two years' experience as governor, and her only other experience before that was as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (population in 2006: 9,236). The Republicans want to make this about experience. They can't anymore.

McCain's hoping you'll vote for him because he chose a woman as his running mate. Period. That doesn't insult you?

Roberto, you have such a way of putting things. I fully agree with you.

Muchas gracias, Corinna.

eudaemonia
08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
i dont like how my brain and fox's braind are on the same wavelength.

it's good to know how the enemy thinks.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
They are now saying how amazing she is, she is going to have no problem debating Joe Biden. They are now harping on her being more qualified than Obama to be President as well. She is going to bring real change and excitement to washington and she is "phenomenally talented".

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Seriously, how much more do you need to hear? Why do you think he chose her, Amy, other than the fact she's a woman, and he's hoping this will A) prove he's all about "change," too, and B) pull disaffected Clinton supporters to his side? As I said before, she has no foreign policy experience, she has exactly two years' experience as governor, and her only other experience before that was as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (population in 2006: 9,236).

He's hoping you'll vote for him because he chose a woman as his running mate. Period. That doesn't insult you?
And Obama chose an experienced old white guy to get votes because he's "inexperienced."

I prefer to see this as an attempt to win my vote, and that makes me feel a bit more powerful--but like I said, I'm voting for Obama.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Aaaaaand out to the tune of "life is a highway"

arbouler
08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
it's good to know how the enemy thinks.

maybe i should be the democrats karl rove ;)
ill get held in contempt but ignore it and still make it on fox news every night

bakersfield
08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Wow! She came out of nowhere.
I think this will prove to be a brilliant move by McCain......

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
She'll probably get my mom's vote.

but my mom is already a republican

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 09:04 AM
now no one will try to assassinate mccain if he becomes prez. ;) purely self preservation.

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 09:04 AM
i never said a lot were. i do have a cousin that almost found out too late, though, when over in thailand. it happened in bangkok.

i have been to vietnam, though, where the hookers basically follow you into your room uninvited. never took the chance to find out what was up with that.

I agree with that. Hookers in Vietnam + taxi drivers with tie ins can be pretty damn forceful and annoying.

The worst was still Tijuana. Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos were like going to church compares to TJ. I'll never forget the lines of old women with missing limbs, on the side walk, grabbing my sleeve and saying their suck my dick for $5

horrible

marooko
08-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree with that. Hookers in Vietnam + taxi drivers with tie ins can be pretty damn forceful and annoying.

The worst was still Tijuana. Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos were like going to church compares to TJ. I'll never forget the lines of old women with missing limbs, on the side walk, grabbing my sleeve and saying their suck my dick for $5

horrible

ive never had interest in going to TJ until now.

bakersfield
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
The "game" of politics can be fun to watch....

HUGE, surprising announcement the morning AFTER Obama makes his historic speech.
Now America is discussing what just happened.
They are not discussing last night anymore......

Pretty good piece of gamesmanship ol' Johnny Boy!

roberto73
08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
And Obama chose an experienced old white guy to get votes because he's "inexperienced."

But the difference in their motivation is huge. I think a running mate should shore up a candidate's weaknesses. Biden helps Obama precisely because Obama doesn't have that foreign policy experience. Biden's input would, presumably, help Obama lead more effectively.

What experience does Palin bring as a complement to McCain's candidacy? None. She brings only her gender, and the fact that she's the governor of the state in which McCain wants to drill for oil. It's a cynical move, and his reasoning for it should be clear.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:14 AM
This guy is speaking with the same excitement about McCains pick as he is about a CAT 4 hitting the gulf coast on Tuesday. Fox news is creepy and scary.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:16 AM
This brainfuckingstem just said the RNC begins Monday unless Gustav changes that?

This hurricane in the gulf will not alter a convention in MInnesota.

I dont' know who this anchorman is but if he says this pick is "stunning" one more time i'm gonna kill him.

Young blood
08-29-2008, 09:19 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/pennylane144/dz84050705.jpg

marooko
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/pennylane144/dz84050705.jpg

i wanna do that to my satellite, not my TV. but thats only because of my PS3.

bakersfield
This brainfuckingstem just said the RNC begins Monday unless Gustav changes that?

This hurricane in the gulf will not alter a convention in MInnesota.

I dont' know who this anchorman is but if he says this pick is "stunning" one more time i'm gonna kill him.

Pretty funny. I caught that too....
not like the convention is in Louisiana or Texas....
...it's fucking up near Canada, you dumbass!!

faxman75
I'm leaving soon but I get off on this garbage in some sick way.

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency," Burton said. "Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies - that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same."

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Fox is really upset about that dem statement. They keep repeating it over and over and talking to people who are angry about it.

arbouler
08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm leaving soon but I get off on this garbage in some sick way.

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency," Burton said. "Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies - that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same."

a heartbeat away? lolol. expecting a heart attack now are we?

^if i were karl rove, that's where' i'll attack the dems. lol.

locachica73
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
So now if McCain gets elected and kicks the bucket as expected we will have a hot female prez to take his place that will try to take away womens right to choose? fabulous.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
a heartbeat away? lolol. expecting a heart attack now are we?

^if i were karl rove, that's where' i'll attack the dems. lol.

Are you kidding me? Heartbeat away has been a term used on the VP for decades.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
and let us just be honest here, if we are going to talk about a heartbeat away, John McCain is 72 years old and the average male in the USA lives to 75.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm just reeling over the fact that she has FIVE KIDS and one has Down's Syndrome. My god, she must know how to get things done to handle all that and be governor too.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 09:43 AM
now no one will try to assassinate mccain if he becomes prez. ;) purely self preservation.

no one was going to assassinate him in the first place. he doesn't have much time left.

I'm just reeling over the fact that she has FIVE KIDS and one has Down's Syndrome. My god, she must know how to get things done to handle all that and be governor too.

or she has a nanny

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I hope this means in the debates they will give more time to issues women want to hear about, like health care.

iv3rdawG
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
http://beldar.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/09/palin_deer.jpg

QFjqZ_vvLNc

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't think health care is a women's issue... more an every person issue

arbouler
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Are you kidding me? Heartbeat away has been a term used on the VP for decades.

yeah no kidding. you should also know that the republicans will spin anything to their advantage. calling obama a wild card, foreign, muslim, plus hinting that something bad happen to mccain wouldnt be a surprising move by the republicans...nothing is impossible for the republicans to spin.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
You would think. I only mentioned this because women tend to be the "caregivers" in the family, taking care of their husbands and children, taking care of the ailing parents, etc.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
This asshat on fox keeps saying the RNC starts Monday depending on when Gustav hits. Will someone tell this idiot the convention starts Monday no matter when the hurricane hits? Please. He's said it over and over now. If he knows something we don't and there is some plan to postpone a convention in Minni because of a hurricane in the gulf, then he should tell us what he knows.

C DUB YA
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM

I'd go to Canada or Europe

TomAz
08-29-2008, 09:53 AM
They are now harping on her being more qualified than Obama to be President as well.

that doesn't even make any sense.

the good news is I think the public has learned to be skeptical of the rantings of the right.

Blinken
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Thanks Ally.

They will shorten the convention if the hurricane hits, because they want to give the impression that they care. So if the Dems bring up Katrina, they can say how good they did with Gustav. Plus how bad would it look for them to partying up north while New Orleans is under water again??

Fax I may have to join you in Europe and Asia, if McCain wins.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
This asshat on fox keeps saying the RNC starts Monday depending on when Gustav hits. Will someone tell this idiot the convention starts Monday no matter when the hurricane hits? Please. He's said it over and over now. If he knows something we don't and there is some plan to postpone a convention in Minni because of a hurricane in the gulf, then he should tell us what he knows.

I saw a story last night that they might postpone the convention if Gustav hits new orleans. lemme see if i can find it

here it is: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-gopstorm29-2008aug29,0,1057901.story

my favorite part of the story: Party officials are discussing the possibility of postponing convention proceedings if the threat to New Orleans and other Gulf Coast areas grows. If there is serious damage in the Gulf Coast, images of Republicans partying in Minneapolis-St. Paul could be an embarrassing reminder of the Bush administration's delayed response to Hurricane Katrina three years ago.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
ahahaha new story, Obama is getting a dog if he wins and the anchorman is screaming how silly it is that Obama might get a poodle, and poodles are a ridiculous dog in the white house.

locachica73
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Glad there are such hard hitting issues on the news today, Breaking News..... Poodle or Chihuahua at 11.

faxman75
I found it Tom.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-gopstorm29-2008aug29,0,1057901.story

sbessiso
I will be moving to Canada if McCain and co. wins. that's a fact.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
YAY FOR DOGS! He should get a shih-tzu. I love my freaking dog and want another.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
It's nice to see we have some people joining the list. Canada is boring Salah, go over seas with the rest of us!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Palin? This stikes me as a brilliantly desperate move by ze R's.

From what I can tell, she's just eye candy. I say brilliant though because choosing another old, stuffy white guy would have been the Final nail in the coffin for McCain. She would be such a puppet VP to the RNC.

locachica73
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I vote that he gets a german shepphard or a chocolate lab, i hate small yappy dogs.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
ahahaha new story, Obama is getting a dog if he wins and the anchorman is screaming how silly it is that Obama might get a poodle, and poodles are a ridiculous dog in the white house.

I'm surprised they haven't brought up the anti-French thing too.

boarderwoozel3
I vote that he gets a german shepphard or a chocolate lab, i hate small yappy dogs.

I'm for labs. Or a good looking retriever.

arbouler
bam! kick it up a notch!

palin scandal?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UojMnCgqVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UojMnCgqVA

sbessiso
It's nice to see we have some people joining the list. Canada is boring Salah, go over seas with the rest of us!

From my understanding, Canada has cheap-ass rent, lots of maple syrup, amazing herb and What the Hey? Nice people too!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised they haven't brought up the anti-French thing too.

Freedom-hound?

whynotsmile99
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
small yappy dogs suck. bull mastif or lab all the way

locachica73
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
arent bull mastifs the slobbery dogs... slobber all over the oval office and not monica's. haha

Blinken
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
He needs a Lab, not a little yappy shit

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Not all small dogs are yappy. Some are very sweet and loyal.

edit: we had some kind of crazy ass storm last night with winds up to 100mph, and did my 10 lb dog bark once? Nope.

locachica73
08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
my mother and her husband have a poodle... it smells funny and shakes and pisses all over every time there is a loud noise. gross.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM

what do you think the dems and the rest of america would say if gustav hits, its as bad as katrina and the repubs are up in Montanan partying it up? so in a way, yes, unless gustav hits.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I wonder how it making landfall on Tuesday will effect it. I guess we'll see. I just can't believe New Orleans is possibly going to go through this again.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
why not, its on the coast....where hurricanes hit first.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Obama should play hero and be proactive sending a bunch of buses with his name on the side down there tomorrow to evacuate the elderly and those who can't leave on their own. That would be huge!

faxman75
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
why not, its on the coast....where hurricanes hit first.

You know what I meant, of course I knew it was possible, I meant the people having to go through possibly another tragedy. It's empathy.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I love how there are asian transsexuals, Obama's future dog prospects, and hurricane Gustav all in a thread about the new republican VP running mate.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah, i was being an ass. sorry, fax.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I love how there are asian transsexuals, Obama's future dog prospects, and hurricane Gustav all in a thread about the new republican VP running mate.

wheres the porn? after all, this is the internet.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
yeah, i was being an ass. sorry, fax.

heh it's all good

locachica73
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
i think the asian transexuals could be the lead in to the porn.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
it was meant in good fun.

totally would suck though if it happened again so soon. damn racist hurricanes.

Blinken
08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
So you don't McCain to be your Dancing Queen Salah?

M Sparks
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
A mother of FIVE. Damn.

This is really all I need to know. I'm for ZPG. Stop with the foetus factory, ma'am.

I guess it is Alaska...maybe they have 4 or 5 different daddys. I can't object to that for ZPG reasons.

mountmccabe
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Seriously, how much more do you need to hear? Why do you think he chose her, Amy, other than the fact she's a woman, and he's hoping this will A) prove he's all about "change," too, and B) pull disaffected Clinton supporters to his side? As I said before, she has no foreign policy experience, she has exactly two years' experience as governor, and her only other experience before that was as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (population in 2006: 9,236). The Republicans want to make this about experience. They can't anymore.

McCain's hoping you'll vote for him because he chose a woman as his running mate. Period. That doesn't insult you?

Sarah Palin is a strong social conservative; she was a good pick to energize the deep conservative base of the Republican party that complain that McCain is too liberal. It's not that they would've voted for Obama, more that they wouldn't've voted at all.

A hunting, fishing pro-life, pro capital punishment opponent of same-sex marriage woman isn't going to pull in that much from Hillary's support base (except for the extremists that would vote for any ticket that had a woman, regardless of policies) but it will motivate a lot of people who weren't happy with McCain getting the nomination.

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
http://beldar.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/09/palin_deer.jpg

pro-life...except when it comes to murdering animals.

JustSteve
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I will be moving to Canada if McCain and co. wins. that's a fact.

sure. just like alec baldwin did after bush won...

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
McCain is harping on experience and seemingly pulls a name out of a hat that 95 percent of the country has never heard of before? She's been governor for two fucking years! TWO! What the hell is she going to do as VP?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?

mountmccabe
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
And yes, I realize that that is just about what the selection of Sarah Palin does for the election. It is an interesting pick.

Also It doens't entirely blunt the ability to attack Obama on experience; McCain is still the Presidential candidate and he still has been around longer.

Also I should point out that I don't know all that much about Sarah Palin. There was talk of her as a long shot VP candidate months ago (along with a lot of other names) but yeah.

Due to a few important social issues I would have problems with her being VP but that's not unexpected.

Also she does have some small government/fiscal conservative credentials that are appealing.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM

and then theres that are pro choice but dont wanna hurt animals, whats your point?

sure. just like alec baldwin did after bush won...

seriously.

SALAH, ill gladly purchase your one way ticket as well. you just have t promise, like the others, that you'll never come back.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm really lookig forward to the debates now. All of them have become must-see TV.

PotVsKtl
08-29-2008, 10:40 AM

Vagina clown car has captured another idiot's vote.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes, McCain has experience, but he's also a senator who was caught up in corruption in his early years as a senator. McCain, before becoming a senator, was an advisor for the defense committee, but somehow agreed that Iraq was a threat to national security more than Osama Bin Laden. McCain claims to be an independent thinker, but still votes along party lines at an alarming rate. His "experience" has not made him more qualified for the position for which he is running.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Wow. Pot doesn't read. I've said multiples times I won't vote for McCain.

C DUB YA
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm really lookig forward to the debates now. All of them have become must-see TV.

The debates are going to be fun to watch if you like the dem ticket.

Biden is gonna eat her alive. Obama is going to make McCain look silly, old and out of touch.

PotVsKtl
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Wow. Pot doesn't read. I've said multiples times I won't vote for McCain.

But so many objects have emerged from her vaginal cavity, how can you deny her obvious qualifications for Vice President?

Blinken
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM

She is from fucking Alaska. People hunt for food up there, I am sure she used the meat for food. It is called a food chain for a reason animals kill other animals for food all the time. It isn't like she was driving around shooting quails for sport.

C DUB YA
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
She is from fucking Alaska. People hunt for food up there, I am sure she used the meat for food. It is called a food chain for a reason animals kill other animals for food all the time. It isn't like she was driving around shooting quails for sport.

B fucking S

go look at the countless vids of her shooting M4's and AK47s - yeah, she a real hunter-gatherer. She has a stuffed beaver in her fucking office for christs sake, and no I'm not talking about her vagina.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
But so many objects have emerged from her vaginal cavity, how can you deny her obvious qualifications for Vice President?

Obama is a dem......" " " " his " " " " "?

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

Blinken
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Ally you are pretty qualified for VP then, god knows what has came out of your snatch.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
more like what's been put in... I rarely take anything out. you know I'm a packrat

Blinken
08-29-2008, 10:51 AM
But some day it all has to come out then BAM VP nomination.

marooko
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
more like what's been put in... I rarely take anything out. you know I'm a packrat

pics plz. or it didnt happen.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
That's awesome.

allyjoy
08-29-2008, 10:54 AM

no, by that time I'll pull enough stuff out my snatch (including Hoffa's body, the Bermuda Triangle, and a couple of Kennedy babies) to be presidential nominee!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Makes her a strong woman, you know, for the Hillary fallouts...

roberto73
08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
And yes, I realize that that is just about what the selection of Sarah Palin does for the election. It is an interesting pick.

Also It doens't entirely blunt the ability to attack Obama on experience; McCain is still the Presidential candidate and he still has been around longer.

Also I should point out that I don't know all that much about Sarah Palin. There was talk of her as a long shot VP candidate months ago (along with a lot of other names) but yeah.

Due to a few important social issues I would have problems with her being VP but that's not unexpected.

Also she does have some small government/fiscal conservative credentials that are appealing.

As always, I respect and appreciate the thoughtfulness of your response, John, but I think you're giving McCain (and Palin) too much credit. There are certainly other social conservatives out there who could have rallied the Republican base, yet who have more knowledge of (and, yes, experience with) government. In an election that seems increasingly about who can bring the most change and provide the most oil, it strikes me as especially convenient that McCain picks Palin as his running mate – a woman with negligible governmental experience who happens to be the governor of the state in which he wants to drill for oil. I would be far less suspicious if there were anything compelling in Palin's experience to indicate that she's more fit for the job of Vice President than any other Republican in the country.

PotVsKtl
08-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Strong women don't have retard babies.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone else find it sad the Alaskans always seem to vote in pro-drilling politicians? I get that they have to live and work there and they need industry, but to completely destroy the wilderness up there to do that?

marooko
guess your mom was pretty weak.....

amyzzz
Strong women don't have retard babies.HAHAHAHAHA

boarderwoozel3
1. She's a female republican
2. She's the most fuckable female republican VP option

Outside of her being from AK with the drilling thing, thats pretty much it.

humanoid
08-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Finally, a fuckable VP candidate! Just what this nation has been lacking for years!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Strong women don't have retard babies.

Oh snap!

Thats along the lines of neo-cons not having lesbian daughters, oh wait... oooops.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/24/js25w_maaa_narrowweb__300x407,0.jpg

humanoid
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Where is Dick Cheney hiding?

Blinken
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Does anyone else find it sad the Alaskans always seem to vote in pro-drilling politicians? I get that they have to live and work there and they need industry, but to completely destroy the wilderness up there to do that?

No, it is their state and if they want to fuck it up, then so be it.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Finally, a fuckable VP candidate! Just what this nation has been lacking for years!

Edwards was a good looking VP hopeful in '04.

But yeah, I don't think the sex appeal was lost on those skeevy Reps.

I guess we'll see if men really do think with their cock in November.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Her kid probably has Down's because she had it over age 35.

boarderwoozel3
Where is Dick Cheney hiding?

His vacation home...

http://religion-cults.com/Eastern/Hinduism/hell-11g.jpg

Blinken
Well, we voted for a recovering alcoholic that we wanted to have beer with in 2000 and 2004, now we going to vote for a pro-lifer we want to fuck in 2008. God bless this country.

leo01g
08-29-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.usmagazine.com/files/palin-miss-alaska-b.jpg
!!!

TonyWonder
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM

Alaska relies on oil for something like 80 percent of all state revenue and doesn't have sales or income taxes. Without the petroleum industry, Alaska's infrastructure, education system, and social services would crumble. Also, every resident of Alaska gets a check for $1500+ every year from the Alaska Permanent Fund so I can see why they vote pro-drilling.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
!!!

What is the woman on the left supposed to be. Porn star or something?

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Alaska relies on oil for something like 80 percent of all state revenue and doesn't have sales or income taxes. Without the petroleum industry, Alaska's infrastructure, education system, and social services would crumble. Also, every resident of Alaska gets a check for $1500+ every year from the Alaska Permanent Fund so I can see why they vote pro-drilling.
okie doke, but it's still sad. Just like all the pollution and shit in Utah makes me sad whenever I go there. Beautiful amazing mountains and wilderness and yet they pump all this filth into the air and don't recycle.

leo01g
08-29-2008, 11:21 AM

a younger Sarah Palin

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
I see, looks right to me.

Although thats not a very conservative outfit. Then again, you have to put in some work to get 4 1/2 kids...

arbouler
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM

american apparel ad

TonyWonder
okie doke, but it's still sad. Just like all the pollution and shit in Utah makes me sad whenever I go there. Beautiful amazing mountains and wilderness and yet they pump all this filth into the air and don't recycle.

Yeah, it fucking sucks...if these two are elected, we'll be watching ANWR get destroyed among other things.

Newro7ic
Everything you need to know about Sarah Palin.

cSBgH_wf5bc

marooko
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
!!!

nice burberry shirt/sweater.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3029/sarahwbridgexm8.jpg

TickleMeElmo
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Coming from Alaska, I was a bit surprised with this announcement... and pissed. Palin has no place as a VP. Just wait for the Biden vs. Palin debates, she'll make an ass of herself just like she did running for governor.

Also, there goes the Alaska vote, like that makes much of a difference. No matter what, we'd go for McCain anyways.

Tylerdurden31
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
my girlfriend sent me a text:

"The National Organization for Women released a statement telling women not to support her. They just want to court Clinton supporters."

not much of a surprise, but good to know they're takin care of biznass

vinylmartyr
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Id put her on MY ticket, if ya know what I mean

kreutz2112
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I'd fuck her in the ass, if ya know what I mean

bmack86
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh snap

marooko
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd fuck her in the ass, if ya know what I mean

ATM?

Ardentbiscuit
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
!!!

That photo on the left was when she won a beauty contest...

Miss Wasilla 1984

I think McCain is not only looking for a VP, he's looking to replace his wife...

Either way it's a win win for him whether or not he becomes president.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Sarah Palin is a strong social conservative; she was a good pick to energize the deep conservative base of the Republican party that complain that McCain is too liberal. It's not that they would've voted for Obama, more that they wouldn't've voted at all.

A hunting, fishing pro-life, pro capital punishment opponent of same-sex marriage woman isn't going to pull in that much from Hillary's support base (except for the extremists that would vote for any ticket that had a woman, regardless of policies) but it will motivate a lot of people who weren't happy with McCain getting the nomination.

I think this hits the nail on the head exactly.

arbouler
08-29-2008, 12:21 PM
funny how this election now boils down to courting clinton voters.

i have yet to hear anything back from hillary clinton herself. she's got work cut out for her.

miscorrections
08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
This won't change anything, she'll urge her supporters to vote Obama.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
^
Honestly, I'm thinking the deep conservstive base for the Republican party didn't need much energizing after they learned the Dems were nominating a black man... just sayin...

And I agree that Palin won't pull many people from the Hillary camp. She's pretty much the polar opposite from Hillary on every major social issue.

locachica73
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
!!!

She does kind of have that dirty librarian thing going on. Kinda sexy.

zenidogx
08-29-2008, 12:29 PM
oh wow, this thread already reached 7 pages.
i was just gonna ask, didn't she play Elaine in Seinfield?

marooko
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
she's way fucking hotter than that scab.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Her sex appeal is a given (especially for a politician) but her qualifications for VP, or lack thereof, are laughable.

There are many Republicans who would make far better VPs. But they wouldn't balance the ticket as well, and by balance I mean posses a vagina that doesn’t repel men.

marooko
08-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Her sex appeal is a given (especially for a politician) but her qualifications for VP, or lack thereof, are laughable.

There are many Republicans who would make far better VPs. But they wouldn't balance the ticket as well, and by balance I mean posses a vagina that doesn’t repel men.

no matter who they picked, they would get the same treatment.

zenidogx
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Obama is seen as weak on foreign policy, so he gets Biden on the ticket.
McCain is seen as weak socially, so he gets Palin on the ticekt.
it all makes sense. Palin has no real influence on domestic issues, but she does attract votes from conservative democrats.

I think McCain has just slowed down Obama. if the RNC met before the DNC, McCain would have fallen fast. now, McCain has momentum even after Obama's legendary speech. amazing stuff. this shits getting good and it's only August.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
it all makes sense. Palin has no real influence on domestic issues, but she does attract votes from conservative democrats.

I think McCain has just slowed down Obama. if the RNC met before the DNC, McCain would have fallen fast. now, McCain has momentum even after Obama's legendary speech. amazing stuff. this shits getting good and it's only August.

McCain is the moderate one who could attract votes from conservative democrats. Palin seems like any other neo-con.

arbouler
08-29-2008, 12:42 PM
^i dunno. the media is still dissecting palin. doesnt seem like she's getting a great response from anyone but fox news.

anyway, ruth rosen went to investigate the feminists for life:

Sarah Pahlin is the inexperienced woman Sen. John McCain has chosen as his running mate, hoping that she will attract the vital female vote.. It's the worst kind of affirmative action, choosing a person he barely knows, who is completely unprepared to assume any national office. It's like nominating Clarence Thomas for the Supreme Court. It's all about ideology and not about competence.

To put it bluntly, Sarah Pahlin is no Hillary Clinton. Nor does she have the vision and brilliance of Barack Obama. This is an incredible insult to most American women. Just how stupid does he think we are?

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/08/29/sarah_pahlin_and_feminists_for/

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
^i dunno. the media is still dissecting palin. doesnt seem like she's getting a great response from anyone but fox news.

anyway, ruth rosen went to investigate the feminists for life:

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/08/29/sarah_pahlin_and_feminists_for/

Unfortunately the Media have more influence over who wins this election than anyone (but thats pretty much why I'm a comm. major)

But i digress, from what I've read/heard in the last few hours Palin is more conservative than McCain. And McCain has always been a much more favorable Rep. than most party members in the eyes of Dems because of his moderate leanings. Its really a fascinating ticket for the republicans. The spin from both parties in the next few months should be interesting given the unique and historical candidates.

C DUB YA
08-29-2008, 01:01 PM

I disagree on everything.

This lady is a joke.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
This lady is a joke.

Sums up this VP selection perfectly. Grasping at straws and so painfully transparent... pathetic

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey, I'm here. Anybody have any questions?

Bosco
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
A Challenger Appears!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/bosco40986/770-11web-NADER-1-CCstandaloneprod_.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/bosco40986/donkeylips.jpg

Nader Lips '08

vinylmartyr
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM

What do you think of her?

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Damn, you guys have been hard at work the last couple hours. hahaha

TomAz
08-29-2008, 01:25 PM

when you were in Oklahoma did you get any?

Young blood

how do I get "moose Blood" stains out of my trunk?

iv3rdawG
mi_c6D8SPcE

Young blood
08-29-2008, 01:27 PM

If you could have sex with any politicians wife/husband who would it be?

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Kinda strange though the republicans are all about stay at home moms and here is this women with not 1 or 2 but 5 kids and one of them special needs and both parents are working. Family values are interesting these days. It's just a bit odd to me. Then again, anyone who has 5 kids is a bit strange to me.

Cpt. Funkaho
What do you think of her?

She is a smart and charismatic politician- and, I think, a good person- who is very well-liked up here. On the other hand, she is shockingly inexperienced (2 years as governor, 6 as mayor of Wasilla (pop. 9000), one as a member of the state Oil & Gas Commission, several on the Wasilla City Council). People who argue that Obama is just as inexperienced have no idea how little experience she has. She has a bachelor's in communication from the U of Idaho.

The prospect of her being a heartbeat away from the Oval Office is frightening to me. She doesn't know anything about issues outside Alaska- at least not more than, say, a person who is reasonable well-versed in current events.

Cpt. Funkaho
If you could have sex with any politicians wife/husband who would it be?

Doesn't Kucinich have a smoking hot wife? Seems like I remember that.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Look at this thread, devolved into the sex life of a walrus.

Speaks volumes as to how much there is to say about Palin.

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
how do I get "moose Blood" stains out of my trunk?

Replace the upholstery. You'll never get it all out, and it smells horrible. Moose blood has a really, really funky smell.

Mr.Nipples
08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
bitches aint shit

arbouler
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
mi_c6D8SPcE

lol i watched that episode last night. i love leon.

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
when you were in Oklahoma did you get any?

Negative. What was there wasn't worth getting, which is not to say that other people didn't go for it... they just have worse judgment than I do.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Negative. What was there wasn't worth getting, which is not to say that other people didn't go for it... they just have worse judgment than I do.

So midwest hotties are myth?

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:39 PM
So midwest hotties are myth?

I wouldn't know. All I know is that if there's a myth about Alaska girls playing turn-of-the-century midwest girls being hotties, THAT one is false.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Hmm so as VP she would cast the deciding vote if it went to the senate on pro life? Is that correct?

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Si.

And I just heard Wolf Blitzer say Palin is on record saying she didn't believe global warming has been influenced by humans... wow.

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Hmm so as VP she would cast the deciding vote if it went to the senate on pro life? Is that correct?

Correct. Her stance: she is Catholic and ardently pro-life. I don't know what you mean by "went to the senate on pro life", though, because the relevant law was handed down by the Judicial branch (Roe v. Wade), and thus it would be the Judicial branch overturning it, in the most likely scenario.

TomAz
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
so if it went to the senate to decide the super bowl, what team would she vote for?

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
yes, i'm just trying to get a civics lesson here because what I said was what a fox anchor said on the way to break. That she could be a deciding vote in overturning roe v. wade.

amyzzz
She is starting to sound really, really bad. But I never would've voted for her & McCain anyway.

Cpt. Funkaho
And I just heard Wolf Blitzer say Palin is on record saying she didn't believe global warming has been influenced by humans... wow.

This is right. She has also asked for an inquiry into the US Fish & Wildlife Service's decision to list the polar bear as threatened, because of her belief that global warming is overhyped.

There are a lot of global warming deniers up here, and also many who are in favor of global warming if it means OUR winters are less cold. People tend not to think of the whole *global* consequence side of things.

locachica73
I just can't understand how any woman of sound mind would allow the government to have a say over her body. From a man I can kind of understand it but as a woman I don't. I can understand them saying it is not a choice they would make but to say no woman, no matter the circumstance can get an abortion.

faxman75
so if it went to the senate to decide the super bowl, what team would she vote for?

Another words a pointless hypothetical.

mountmccabe
08-29-2008, 01:48 PM
As always, I respect and appreciate the thoughtfulness of your response, John, but I think you're giving McCain (and Palin) too much credit. There are certainly other social conservatives out there who could have rallied the Republican base, yet who have more knowledge of (and, yes, experience with) government. In an election that seems increasingly about who can bring the most change and provide the most oil, it strikes me as especially convenient that McCain picks Palin as his running mate – a woman with negligible governmental experience who happens to be the governor of the state in which he wants to drill for oil. I would be far less suspicious if there were anything compelling in Palin's experience to indicate that she's more fit for the job of Vice President than any other Republican in the country.

I am not going to argue that it is a good pick, but I am not ready to go all cynical on it yet.

I don't know much about Sarah Palin. I've read a few articles, and they're probably virtually the same ones y'all've read. That doesn't give me enough information to dismiss her just yet.

Which is to say I'm not giving McCain and Palin much of anything beyond the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove that this was a reasonable pick. We have two months until the election; we have a good amount of time to delve deeper. McCain isn't an idiot and he's got smart people working for him; they may've planned to announce her as the VP candidate, give time to allow people to jump on her for inexperience and for there to be plenty of rude comments about her because she is a woman, and then catch the backswing with information we just don't have.

Unknowns are scary.

Also I'll say I am happy that McCain nominated a woman. The Republican base that was gearing up to tear down Hillary Clinton is now realizing, "wow, important women politicians can actually be likeable?" And I don't even mean that in a sexual way, I mean in a she'd be "the daughter I'd love to have/mother I'd want to hang out with/boss I'd respect" sort of way. It's a small thing but it's also a good thing.

Disclaimer: None of this should be taken to mean that I, personally, am more likely to vote for McCain with Palin as his running mate.

Cpt. Funkaho

Possibly the Seahawks; they're popular up here because they're geographically closest. Packers/Vikings are popular too, because a lot of people move here from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

TomAz
This is right. She has also asked for an inquiry into the US Fish & Wildlife Service's decision to list the polar bear as threatened, because of her belief that global warming is overhyped.

There are a lot of global warming deniers up here, and also many who are in favor of global warming if it means OUR winters are less cold. People tend not to think of the whole *global* consequence side of things.

I think I'll invest in Club Med Barrow

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Ahahaha now they are painting Obama as an abortionist who would be ok with anyone have an abortion at any time. These people love to flat out lie and no one calls them out on it.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM

I read an article that said the polar bears numbers as they are now are not low, but if the ICE up there keeps melting, they will be. Of course, more and more now it sounds like the ice will melt pretty damn soon.

mountmccabe
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Ahh, great. I finally get time to post that and I miss Funkaho chiming in with Alaskan insight.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Didn't Gore say last night that the north pole would be completely melted before the end of the first term?

locachica73
08-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Ahahaha now they are painting Obama as an abortionist who would be ok with anyone have an abortion at any time. These people love to flat out lie and no one calls them out on it.

It pisses me off that this is always such a huge topic during election time. Especially now considering how fucked the economy is and how fucked this war is and how fucked we are because of the current president yet one of the biggest topics is a woman's right to choose what happens to her body.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Didn't Gore say last night that the north pole would be completely melted before the end of the first term?
I think I heard about 5 years (not from Gore). Don't quote me on that... like I quoted you. ;)

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I read an article that said the polar bears numbers as they are now are not low, but if the ICE up there keeps melting, they will be. Of course, more and more now it sounds like the ice will melt pretty damn soon.

I've heard as soon as 2020 and, more conservatively, 2040, for an ice-free Arctic coast. The polar bears would probably die off before all the ice was gone, though.

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Ahh, great. I finally get time to post that and I miss Funkaho chiming in with Alaskan insight.

Hey, I'm kind of glad I got to see your gut reaction without having it colored by my perspective.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Ahh I found it. From Gore's speech last night.

Many scientists predict that the entire north polar ice cap may be completely gone during summer months in the first term of the next president.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM

No offense but is AK as ass-backwards as it sounds?

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Ahh I found it. From Gore's speech last night.

Many scientists predict that the entire north polar ice cap may be completely gone during summer months in the first term of the next president.
Oh wow, last night even.

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
No offense but is AK as ass-backwards as it sounds?

Depends on what you're talking about. In what manner (that is, in what regard) does it sound ass-backwards?

Bud Luster
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I guess what this all boils down to is: no matter what, we're fucked...

faxman75
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
word....

faxman75
08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
ahh cnn....blood pressure leveling off now

faxman75
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
So following the RNC what will the polls look like? Republicans up a few points or a dead even race?

Cpt. Funkaho
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I guess what this all boils down to is: no matter what, we're fucked...

This is going to sound out-of-the-blue, but I hate this Goddamn attitude. Wake the fuck up, America. The reason we end up fucked is because we expect to get fucked and don't do anything about it. We complain about our government and don't even care enough to vote.

News flash: your vote DOES matter. Your voice DOES matter. Your actions DO matter. If you behave like they don't, YOU are the one fucking this country.

No President, however strong, can change this country by themselves. 99% of the work has to be done by people who want change. The best thing I've heard this election was Barack Obama's admission last night that this is the case.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Bravo, Walrus-man!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
This is going to sound out-of-the-blue, but I hate this Goddamn attitude. Wake the fuck up, America. The reason we end up fucked is because we expect to get fucked and don't do anything about it. We complain about our government and don't even care enough to vote.

News flash: your vote DOES matter. Your voice DOES matter. Your actions DO matter. If you behave like they don't, YOU are the one fucking this country.

No President, however strong, can change this country by themselves. 99% of the work has to be done by people who want change. The best thing I've heard this election was Barack Obama's admission last night that this is the case.

"This isn't about me, its about you." -Barack Obama

But yeah, voter apathy is a joke in this country. It may take a lot of work but the individual does have power.

Young blood
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Lv0smG7ptcM

this is my president.

faxman75
08-29-2008, 02:38 PM
ahahahaha watch the 2:52 mark on or the whole thing if you have time.

Pak-rH0dCeA

TonyWonder
08-29-2008, 03:03 PM
OMG...that needs to go viral.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
There are a number of videos like that out there. I saw a similar one on Wolf Blitzer earlier today. Palin said if given the choice she wouldn't want to get involved in Washington (DC) politics because she wanted to focus on helping AK.

Ooops.

PotVsKtl
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
It was all over the blogs as soon as she was announced.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
It was all over the blogs as soon as she was announced.

What are some of the better blogs out there?

I'm trying to stay on the up and up with as little spin from either side as possible.

PotVsKtl
08-29-2008, 03:23 PM
They're all spin. You have to read both sides. America Blog, Balloon Juice, Crooks and Liars, Red State, Politico, Talking Points Memo. Kos I suppose.

PassiveTheory
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Good god, I can't keep up with this thread...

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Good god, I can't keep up with this thread...

Half of it is total BS. But so it goes for everything around here...

M Sparks
08-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Makes her a strong woman, you know, for the Hillary fallouts...

Hillary is only one fifth as qualified as Sarah