PDA

View Full Version : People/Companies/Businesses and others who are F ing bastards...

Ardentbiscuit
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
My Top Five Right now

5. Frankie & Jonhnies Pizza in Brentwood. It's always dirty and there always seems to be an argument about how much change the person is receiving. They still owe me money.

4. My neighbor who screams at his wife night and day, has loud obnoxcious kids, plays music too loud, plays electric and acoustic guitar off key in the middle of the night, has a dog that barks non-stop and then he stands between our houses in a way too small speedo smoking cigarettes almost every day.

3. Theaters that insist on showing too many commercials before a movie and then after that atrocity they play the "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" trailer.

2. American Airlines for charging me a $150 re booking fee to reschedule a flight that was out of my control to miss.

1. The jerks at the Dominoes Pizza near me who don't honor any of the coupons, tv specials or anything that Dominoes offers and always deliver my pizza under cooked.

stinkbutt
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
3. Theaters that insist on showing too many commercials before a movie and then after that atrocity they play the "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" trailer.

http://www.tranweb.com.ar/fuck_you.jpg

Sonicifyouwantit
08-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Ardent I highly suggest you stick to movies at arclight theaters

fatbastard
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
My Top Five Right now

5. Frankie & Jonhnies Pizza in Brentwood. It's always dirty and there always seems to be an argument about how much change the person is receiving. They still owe me money.

Thanks for the tip. I'm always tempted to walk into this place after leaving the library.

Wheres the beef?
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
How is there ever an argument about how much change should be received? Does their register have an abacus attached to it?

Ardentbiscuit
08-28-2008, 04:58 AM
It has nothing to do with the register, that's working fine.

fatbastard
08-28-2008, 05:09 AM
How's the pizza? Is it worth the miscalculations?

Ardentbiscuit
08-28-2008, 06:30 AM
It's your basic pizza, it's not great, it's not terrible.

It's like going to a prostitute and then someone asking if you feel loved....not really, it just satisfies a need.

marooko
08-28-2008, 07:20 AM
It's your basic pizza, it's not great, it's not terrible.

It's like going to a prostitute and then someone asking if you feel loved....not really, it just satisfies a need.

wow, thats fucking awesome.

boarderwoozel3
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
All cell phone companies, they're just greedy fucks.

frozen pilgrim
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
the toronto transit commision

SFChrissy
08-28-2008, 12:08 PM
these guys do great work but are a bunch of tight ass fucktards...
http://www.asla.org/land/2007/0821/images/valleycrest.gif
the funny thing is that last year coachella I saw someone running around with one of their field issued t-shirts...

locachica73
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Our entire accounting department that doesn't really want to account for anything.

boarderwoozel3
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Our entire accounting department that doesn't really want to account for anything.

Sad.

Cdubby
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
mcdonalds in hollywood gave me the shits like 10 minutes after i ate their mcchicken, thank god it was still an hour before the radiohead show and got it all out in time. so fuck that mcdonalds in hollywood :poo

amyzzz
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
mcdonalds in hollywood gave me the shits like 10 minutes after i ate their mcchicken, thank god it was still an hour before the radiohead show and got it all out in time. so fuck that mcdonalds in hollywood :poo
Same thing happened to me with a McDonald's in Mesa, AZ. Those cheap-ass spicy chicken sandwiches for a dollar do it.

faxman75
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Yep, i'm guessing they have a 95% profit margin on everyone. Fuckers.

How about the whole scam that is the bottled water industry? I love how all of the sudden in the late 80's early 90's we all decided we were a third world country and could no longer drink out of the sink. Bottled fucking water. Fucking pricks.

locachica73
08-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I think as we get older we no longer carry the enzymes it takes to digest mcdonalds food. I use to love a big mac and fries but now it just sits in a ball in my gut making me want to puke.

locachica73
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
How about the whole scam that is the bottled water industry? I love how all of the sudden in the late 80's early 90's we all decided we were a third world country and could no longer drink out of the sink. Bottled fucking water. Fucking pricks.

I use to think that till I moved to AZ, now I drink bottled water because the faucet water here tastes like shit. But up in Oregon we drank it right out of the tap.

amyzzz
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM

The tap water in AZ does taste really bad, but get a goddamn filter for your sink/fridge if you can't drink it from the tap.

bmack86
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
When I lived in Westwood, we just used a filter. Now I still have it, so I use it here so that I always have ice cold water, even though our tap water in Marina Del Rey is fine.

faxman75
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh I hear you about AZ water but it's insane how dependant people got on bottled water seemingly out of no where after hundreds of years of people not needing it.

I fill up my gallons for a quarter, i hate even doing that but the water in AZ is cloudy and tastes a little off. I think we have to be the only state with bad water.

Mr.Nipples
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
most major guitar effects pedal companies...

locachica73
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Nevada water is actually worse I think. I have a reverse osmosis filter at home so I don't buy bottled water for there but there are times I will stop at circle k or wherever and get a bottle of water for $1.29 and I am picky about bottled water, I will only drink dasani or aquafina, I think the rest has a sweet taste to it and it grosses me out. Water should not have flavor.

jigsaw
08-28-2008, 12:39 PM
4. My neighbor who screams at his wife night and day, has loud obnoxcious kids, plays music too loud, plays electric and acoustic guitar off key in the middle of the night, has a dog that barks non-stop and then he stands between our houses in a way too small speedo smoking cigarettes almost every day.

Sorry, sounds like me minus the screaming at wife and kidz.

PotVsKtl
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
My tap water is radioactive. I will buy all the bottled water I desire.

TomAz
08-28-2008, 12:47 PM

up there with the cell phones and airlines has to be the fitness center industry. lock you into a long term contract and never let you out of it.

locachica73
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Banks that charge you to get your money.

boarderwoozel3
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Textbooks publishers/sellers/anyone who has any involvement in that racket.

O hai, we'll gladly sell you a $150 math/science textbook and then buy it back from you for pennies on the dollar only to re-sell it just under the new price, if we buy it back at all...

Morale of this rant; Buy used textbooks online. I always got the same texts for half the campus bookstore price. And if you re-sell them yourself you can usually cover the initial cost. Financially its a wash and you've learned the content (hopefully)

TomAz
08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
oh and how can I forget: anything to do with automobiles. Sales, service, anything.

boarderwoozel3
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
oh and how can I forget: anything to do with automobiles. Sales, service, anything.

Win.

A buddy of mine works at a car part distro warehouse and has confirmed that these auto shops are making a killing!

Wheres the beef?
08-28-2008, 01:46 PM

O hai, we'll gladly sell you a $150 math/science textbook and then buy it back from you for pennies on the dollar only to re-sell it just under the new price, if we buy it back at all...

Morale of this rant; Buy used textbooks online. I always got the same texts for half the campus bookstore price. And if you re-sell them yourself you can usually cover the initial cost. Financially its a wash and you've learned the content (hopefully)

I always wanted to buy my books from the bookstore then go to a copier and photocopy every page then return the book for the full refund.

Then I realized I would probably be standing at the copier for an hour I never went through with it.

But yeah, it's a total fucking scam.

roberto73
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM

And insurance. My car got rear-ended at a red light three weeks ago smashed up the taillights and trunk and I can't get the driver to verify what happened with his insurance company. They, naturally, aren't going out of their way to find out because as soon as they do, they'll have to pay to fix my car. And now my legs are tired from pogo-sticking all over town.

BROKENDOLL
08-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry, sounds like me minus the screaming at wife and kidz. Does your wife make you go outside dressed like that to smoke?

fatbastard
08-28-2008, 02:43 PM

I have a beef on the subject of textbooks. I was happy when school announced that it was selling books only in PDF form. This meant not having to lug around big books and it's convienent to store after class has been completed.

Issue 1. The price of the books have not reduced. They have remained the same. Why?

Issue 2. I took a two part micro-ecomonics class at the beginning of the year. Guess what? They charged me for the same book for the second part of the class. I repeatedly disputed the charge but they would not take it off. How can an organization get away with something like that?

fatbastard
08-28-2008, 03:00 PM

I loved bottled water. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town where I can drive down the street and pick up a bottle of water that's from Arrowhead, France, or Italy for a small price.

San Diego and Orange County are now using recycled (toilet) water, the same water that they found trace amounts of hormones and anti-depressents, for drinking and bathing. No one's forcing you to drink bottled water. Drink from the tap. The water may be clean at the city source (since they add chlorine) but how are the lines coming to your house?

Start a campaign to get people to start chugging on tap water, just don't count me in. Serve it to all of your friends this 3 day weekend. I'm sure they'll be smiling (or hormonal).

SoulDischarge
08-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I've barely woken up and this thread just makes me want to go back to sleep for a very long time. Fuck you board.

frozen pilgrim
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I've actually been to the primary filtration plant in toronto. all ontario water facilities (both intake filtration and waste management) are open to the public (you have to schedule a tour). actually, nestle bottled water comes from municipal lines in barrie.
bottled water has to adhere to the same set of FDA-defined PPM reporting standards as everything else-it can have all the same shit as tap water, plus the delicious tang of estrogen-substitute used to separate the plastic from the drink.
the only real options
a) buy either
-a central filtration system for your home for your water main
-a carbon-based filtered drinking water system like brita or pur
or b) suck it up and die of cancer like the rest of us

TheGunner'sDream
08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Banks that charge you to get your money.
Fuck!!! im so fucking pissed off at my bank right now (and maybe verizon wireless as well). Bank of America took $214 from my account on a bullshit charge where they said Verizon charged me. I go to Verizon and they say they never charged. I file a claim and it takes the motherfuckers at BOFA corporate office 9 DAYS (!!!!) to fax me the forms over to me to at least begin the investigation. Now im short and past due on some bills because i had to wait for my next pay check to pay them.

My tap water is radioactive. I will buy all the bottled water I desire.
I dont trust tap water. I dont trust orange brown water out of a faucet.

Yeah they fuck you just as much as anybody.

And insurance. My car got rear-ended at a red light three weeks ago smashed up the taillights and trunk and I can't get the driver to verify what happened with his insurance company. They, naturally, aren't going out of their way to find out because as soon as they do, they'll have to pay to fix my car. And now my legs are tired from pogo-sticking all over town.
Im sorry to hear that. Think of it this way champ. Your legs will be strong.

San Diego and Orange County are now using recycled (toilet) water, the same water that they found trace amounts of hormones and anti-depressents, for drinking and bathing. No one's forcing you to drink bottled water. Drink from the tap. The water may be clean at the city source (since they add chlorine) but how are the lines coming to your house?
Start a campaign to get people to start chugging on tap water, just don't count me in. Serve it to all of your friends this 3 day weekend. I'm sure they'll be smiling (or hormonal).
Thats a good point. But wait a min..... I thought hormones were good for you. They help you grow a beard and increase your sex drive.

I've actually been to the primary filtration plant in toronto. all ontario water facilities (both intake filtration and waste management) are open to the public (you have to schedule a tour). actually, nestle bottled water comes from municipal lines in barrie.
bottled water has to adhere to the same set of FDA-defined PPM reporting standards as everything else-it can have all the same shit as tap water, plus the delicious tang of estrogen-substitute used to separate the plastic from the drink.
the only real options
a) buy either
-a central filtration system for your home for your water main
-a carbon-based filtered drinking water system like brita or pur
or b) suck it up and die of cancer like the rest of us

So your pretty much fucked if you drink bottled water too?? damn it give me a fighting chance at least!!

miscorrections
08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
San Diego and Orange County are now using recycled (toilet) water, the same water that they found trace amounts of hormones and anti-depressents, for drinking and bathing.

San Diego water tastes like gritty ass. Thank the lordy jesus for Brita.

algunz
08-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I live off McDonald's Happy Meals and the Sausage McMuffin with hash browns.

One of these days I'll post a portion of my Happy meal toy collection. It goes way back.

gaypalmsprings
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't trust tap dancing.

algunz
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
But I'd bet you do Savion Glover. I would.

gaypalmsprings
08-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I saw Savion Glover at a taping of Dancing with the Stars. I'd trust him!

algunz
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh sweetheart, he is utterly trustable.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/savion_glover-1.jpg

Hannahrain
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
My dryer decided to stop drying clothes this morning with all my wet clothing inside it. It does not apply at all to this conversation, but you can bet that when I was standing in what I woke up in, aiming a blowdryer at a pair of pants and glancing at the clock every few seconds to make sure I wasn't missing the bus I was cursing the inevitable future cost of fixing it. I've yet to assess, but as a temporary costcutting measure I'm using a drying rack outside. It's good to be king.

amyzzz
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
On a sunny day, my wet washed clothes will be dry outside in about 2 hours. They get crunchy though, so I use the dryer unless it's broken.

TheWatcher
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM

The place I lived in last, for about 10 years (not a bad neighborhood) had water that was so bad I had to use bottled water to change the water in the fish tank and water my plants. It often smelled slightly of rotten eggs, and plants watered with it got some white mildew and tended to die. The fish did not live long, and the same white crap would grow in the tank. I lost about half my hair, (at age 30, I am female!) and I think it was from that damn water.

So, although we are not a third world country, the water quality did get pretty bad in a lot of places, that is why bottled water became a necessity. Maybe it's a plot to sell bottled water?

TheGunner'sDream
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
The place I lived in last, for about 10 years (not a bad neighborhood) had water that was so bad I had to use bottled water to change the water in the fish tank and water my plants. It often smelled slightly of rotten eggs, and plants watered with it got some white mildew and tended to die. The fish did not live long, and the same white crap would grow in the tank. I lost about half my hair, (at age 30, I am female!) and I think it was from that damn water.

I would think that a human being would have enough sense to not drink something if it had a rotten smell and taste.
You'd eat my shit if i gave it to you hahaha.

marooko
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I WISH ANY WEB SITE WITH ADDS THAT POP UP WHEN IM TRYING TO FUCKING READ SOMETHING WOULD JUST DIE. AND EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH PUTTING THAT FUCKING ADD THERE!!!!! EVEN THE CONFORMIST WEB DESIGNER WHO MAY NOT EVEN LIKE THEM HIMSELF!! FUCK YOU!!!!1

kreutz2112
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
On a sunny day, my wet washed clothes will be dry outside in about 2 hours. They get crunchy though, so I use the dryer unless it's broken.

that was a good story.

amyzzz
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I forgot that part where my husband punches me in the face. Sorry, kreutz.

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 02:25 PM
John McCain and the Republicans. I don't know who called the shot for Palin to ge the VP nomination but honestly, Sarah Palin? Thats who you think is the best candidate for the second highest office of the most powerful nation on the planet?! A self proclaimed "hockey mom?"

*Psst* You're looking pretty desperate... just sayin...

locachica73
08-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Red Tomato Pizza Joint for crappy service and making my stomach hurt. BASTARDS!!!!

boarderwoozel3
08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Field turf... fuck you! You're like fake tits, sure you're easy on the eyes but just can't hang with the real thing.

Its fake grass that doesn't give way like natural grass. What gives in strain situations is your ligaments, tendons and muscles, not unlike my groin. I pulled the shit out of it last summer and now I've developed pain in the hip reigon that continues a year later. For whatever reason today is particularly painful, fuck that.

I move to ban this grabage field turf!!!!!!!!!