PDA

View Full Version : It's raining Death Row Records founders children!!

faxman75
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
It's a Dre day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080826/us_nm/dre_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 20-year-old son of Grammy award-winning rapper and producer Dr. Dre was found dead over the weekend at his home in Woodland Hills, California, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Young Jr. was out with friends Friday night and his mother later found him "unresponsive in bed" when she tried to wake him early Saturday morning, coroner's spokesman Ed Winter told Reuters. She immediately called paramedics, who later pronounced Young dead at the scene.

"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr. Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time," said a statement released by his spokeswoman.

An autopsy was conducted and the cause of death is still pending toxicology and other tests, which may take six weeks or more, Winter said.

Dr. Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, rose to stardom in the 1980's with rap group N.W.A's controversial gangster rap album "Straight Outta Compton." Dr. Dre later went on to produce and perform solo, winning a Grammy award in 1992 for "The Chronic" album's single "Let Me Ride."

He founded both Death Row Records and Aftermath Records and is recognized for bringing many rap phenoms into the mainstream, including Eminem, Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent.

PassiveTheory
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Probably cocaine.

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
CRACK.

gaypalmsprings
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
One less vote for Obama

faxman75
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
racists

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Dr. Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, rose to stardom in the 1980's with rap group N.W.A's controversial gangster rap album "Straight Outta Compton." Dr. Dre later went on to produce and perform solo, winning a Grammy award in 1992 for "The Chronic" album's single "Let Me Ride."

He founded both Death Row Records and Aftermath Records and is recognized for bringing many rap phenoms into the mainstream, including Eminem, Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent.

these type of additions bother me. whats this have to do with his death?

SFChrissy
Do you kids remember this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

World Class Wrecking Crew where Dre got his initial start...
http://www.droppingame.com/1458001.jpg
He's sooo gangsta!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/World_Class_Wreckin%27_Cru.jpeg

marooko
One less vote for Obama

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahaa.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
One less vote for Obama
20 year olds actually vote?

gaypalmsprings
According to Wikipedia...

Dr. Dre's son Andre Young, Jr., 20, was found dead at 10:24 am on August 23, 2008. According to reports, Andre Jr. returned home early in the morning on Saturday and was later found unresponsive by his mother. The cause of death is deferred pending test results done by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. Although Andre shared his father's name, the two had not seen or had contact with each other since the early 1990s.

faxman75
these type of additions bother me. whats this have to do with his death?

Those additions were for ignorant white people who don't know who Dre is.

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79u-ppbqkA

they swept that shit under the carpet.

faxman75
08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
According to Wikipedia...

Dr. Dre's son Andre Young, Jr., 20, was found dead at 10:24 am on August 23, 2008. According to reports, Andre Jr. returned home early in the morning on Saturday and was later found unresponsive by his mother. The cause of death is deferred pending test results done by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. Although Andre shared his father's name, the two had not seen or had contact with each other since the early 1990s.

Ahh so Dre is deadbeat dad? What a prick.

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Those additions were for ignorant white people who don't know who Dre is.

yes, because it would ONLY be WHITE people that didnt know who dr. dre was.

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Ahh so Dre is deadbeat dad? What a prick.

he is black.

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
i wonder if one of his family member's will come here and ask that these posts be edited because of the graphic nature of the comments?

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
i wonder if one of his family member's will come here and ask that these posts be edited because of the graphic nature of the comments?
hahahaha. good point.

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
which part is graphic?

gaypalmsprings
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM

If you were black, your font would be larger.

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM

this based on first hand experience?

SFChrissy
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM

classic!!!

Backwater
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
JustSteve must be Asian.

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
half black-half asian.

jigsaw
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

World Class Wrecking Crew where Dre got his initial start...
http://www.droppingame.com/1458001.jpg
He's sooo gangsta!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/World_Class_Wreckin%27_Cru.jpeg

best song ever

marooko
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
half black-half asian.

bottom half asian?

faxman75
08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
yes, because it would ONLY be WHITE people that didnt know who dr. dre was.

Not all white people. The wiggers know. I think. Hopefully.

allyjoy
08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Fax! you scared the shit out of me... I thought Dre had died at first and I already made God promise me he can't die until I have a copy of Detox in my hands. You almost caused the downfall of God...

marooko
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Ally, do you know if he's scored any movies yet? i know he was talking about that for a while.

allyjoy
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
to be honest, I don't know, but Blink might

Mr.Nipples
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
eazy-duz-it

vinylmartyr
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
C8SbY0o5bic

Blinken
08-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Ally, do you know if he's scored any movies yet? i know he was talking about that for a while.

to be honest, I don't know, but Blink might

No, he hasn't. I just double checked on IMDb and although he has lots of stuff on soundtracks he hasn't scored anything.

marooko
08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
thank you sir.

M Sparks
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Fax! you scared the shit out of me... I thought Dre had died at first

I imagined a comma before "children". You know, like Chef. (A properly placed apostrophe would have prevented that.)

And I was hoping Suge was dead.

Jerm05
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought this was about Suge too..damn

marooko
08-26-2008, 06:21 PM
And I was hoping Suge was dead.

i wasnt hoping, i thought, and was delighted and interested.

TheGunner'sDream
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
It must be a hard time for Dre. But if he hasnt seen his son in that long then i dont think he would be THAT sad. I doubt what wikipedia said about the relationship between him and his son is real though.

faxman75
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
This should explain their relationship a little more. It says he d idn't know Dre was his dad until he was 21 and he just released a CD and I don't think there is animosity. Creepy look at the name of the CD.

I'm reading more though and there appears to be confusion over whether hood surgeon Curtis Young is Andre Young Jr who is dead. Tons of Rap blogs are saying hood surgeon is dead but some people say that's a different son. Hmm

Affluent Records is planning to release the debut album from Hood Surgeon, the son of legendary West coast producer Dr. Dre.

The 16-track album, titled The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young, features production by Knocturnal and a cameo appearance by David Banner.

The Autopsy details Hood Surgeon's life growing up in Compton, CA which has produced a number of legendary rappers, including his father Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, NWA, Eazy-E, The Game, MC Eiht, DJ Quik and numerous others.

"It’s like, you know you’re gonna hear the struggle I went through..." Hood Surgeon told AllHipHop.com in a previous interview. "Motherf**kers can [check up on] my s**t and see what I been through and where I grew up at, and they’ll see that I’m not lying. I’m not gonna say I was out there shooting motherf**kers and doing all that, but I grew up around that, so I might speak on something that happened around me in my music. They ain’t gonna hear me say something I didn’t do."

As a rapper and producer, Hood Surgeon, born Curtis Young, is inspired by East and West coast rappers such as Tupac Shakur, The Notorious BIG, Jay-Z and his father Dr. Dre, who is also the CEO of Aftermath Recordings.

While he didn't meet his father until a much later age, he found out that his father was a legendary producer around the age of 12 and followed in his famous father's footsteps.

"I'm going through the grind like he did, like he had to go through. And so that way when I get it, I'll respect it more..." Hood Surgeon said. "I went through the same thing he been through. I met him when I was 21. I didn’t know him growin’ up. We just was right up under each other’s noses basically, not knowing that, you know, that that was my pop and he didn’t know I was his son."

So Hood Records is distributed by Affluent Records, which is distributed nationally by Red Eye Distribution.

The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young is due in stores July 24.

http://www.rapbasement.com/news/dr.-dre/dr.-dre-s-son-hood-surgeon-preparing-debut-album.html

Young blood
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
bitches aint shit.

faxman75
08-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Alright that son is still alive a lot of the rap blogs got it wrong.

but I found this...

Young Jr. was the subject of a paternity dispute in 1990 when his mother, Jenita Porter, filed a lawsuit against Dr. Dre in Orange County Superior Court, seeking $5,000-a-month child support.

She said in the suit that although Young promised to support their then 2-year-old son before his birth, she had received only a small amount of cash, a few gifts and diapers during their four-year relationship.

In a legal answer to the suit, Dr. Dre, who was 25 at the time, admitted being the father of the child but said he promised to pay only $500 a month in support.

faxman75
08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
It happened saturday and its' just making the news today.

TheGunner'sDream
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Young Jr. was the subject of a paternity dispute in 1990 when his mother, Jenita Porter, filed a lawsuit against Dr. Dre in Orange County Superior Court, seeking $5,000-a-month child support.

She said in the suit that although Young promised to support their then 2-year-old son before his birth, she had received only a small amount of cash, a few gifts and diapers during their four-year relationship.

In a legal answer to the suit, Dr. Dre, who was 25 at the time, admitted being the father of the child but said he promised to pay only $500 a month in support.

Aint that a bitch lol You think you hit it big, getting knocked up by a legend rapper/producer and hoping he will give you 5grand a month.

Backwater
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Didn't KRS-One's son also die at 20 a couple years ago?

woogie846
08-26-2008, 11:50 PM
It must be a hard time for Dre. But if he hasnt seen his son in that long then i dont think he would be THAT sad. I doubt what wikipedia said about the relationship between him and his son is real though.

C'mon. His son just died at the age of 20. I'm pretty sure he's pretty down about it.

TheGunner'sDream
08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
C'mon. His son just died at the age of 20. I'm pretty sure he's pretty down about it.

According to the previously stated on this thread, Dre didnt even have a "good" relationship with his son. He didnt even want to shell out extra dough for him.

Hopeless Semantic
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Ally, how long has it been since that fucker Dre promised Detox? It's been almost a decade and nothing yet. I think that ship has already sailed. Nonetheless, a tragic loss for the family of the young person who died...

But when I'm on the mic, it's like a cookie, they all crumble...

stinkbutt
08-27-2008, 08:03 AM
20 year olds actually vote?

I did

JustSteve
08-27-2008, 08:05 AM
According to the previously stated on this thread, Dre didnt even have a "good" relationship with his son. He didnt even want to shell out extra dough for him.

did dre even have real money in 1990?

marooko
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
did dre even have real money in 1990?

he was part of several albums and NWA before the chronic, so im gonna assume he had more than me. now.

jigsaw
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I heard the new album is the bomb. A few tracks have leaked.

SFChrissy
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM
I thought this was about Suge too..damnAccording to Makaveli "Suge shot me"...

Memorial_07
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
This interesting he died almost a week ago and it's barely reported now.

M Sparks
08-28-2008, 06:30 AM
It happened saturday and its' just making the news today.

This interesting he died almost a week ago and it's barely reported now.

No disrespect, but why would it even be a story? People die every day. Just because one of them is related to someone famous doesn't make it newsworthy, especially since the kid himself was an adult and no one really seems to know who he is.

Now, if Dre had let him crawl out the window when he was 2...that's a story.

gaypalmsprings
08-28-2008, 06:34 AM
No disrespect

http://www.reggaedvd.com/images/other/no%20disrespect.jpg