PDA

View Full Version : downloading music a lot worse now?

unitedwestand
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I just recently talked to a friend and he says they've recently cracked down on downloading music for the last 2 months ago, especially torrents. Is this true, or does he just not want me to do it? How many of you still download as of right now?

marooko
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
torrents?

amyzzz
08-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Do you work for the RIAA?

marooko
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
how have they been cracking down? did he give examples or just say so?

wmgaretjax
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
the torrent communities I've been a part of have been completely safe. You are pretty safe if you stick to private trackers. I stay the fuck away from public trackers except for tv shows.

faxman75
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Heh, tv shows is where I got burned about 6 months ago. It was silly because it's a show they stream free anyway The Office, I missed an episode so I downloaded it. A week later my internet is shut off. I had to call Cox legal they told me it was "strike one" and I get one more chance and then strike 3 and your out.

As far as music goes. I have never ever had an issue. I strictly use demonoid.

marooko
08-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Heh, tv shows is where I got burned about 6 months ago. It was silly because it's a show they stream free anyway The Office, I missed an episode so I downloaded it. A week later my internet is shut off. I had to call Cox legal they told me it was "strike one" and I get one more chance and then strike 3 and your out.

As far as music goes. I have never ever had an issue. I strictly use demonoid.

are you fucking serious?!?! what show and where did you download it from?

Heresy
08-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I usually use a program, record the song, trim it/edit it/etc., and convert it to an mp3

frozen pilgrim
08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
in canada, there's still no law under which anyone can be successfully prosecuted for downloading ANYTHING

wmgaretjax
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
I strictly use demonoid.

Ha! Be careful, Demonoid is actually a public tracker, and a ton of their torrents are just republished Pirate Bay torrents...

amyzzz
08-22-2008, 03:28 PM
in canada, there's still no law under which anyone can be successfully prosecuted for downloading ANYTHING
That's a good add to the "canada, fuck yeah" thread.

unitedwestand
08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
what are private trackers? are those the foreign ones?

unitedwestand
08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
he said the RIAA and other companies just a won a lawsuit saying that they can track any torrent now no matter what. I'm trying to find something about it online right now to see if he's real or just full of shit.

faxman75
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
are you fucking serious?!?! what show and where did you download it from?

It was "the office" and I think I either got it from Pirate bay or Mininova, probably mininova. No joke either. It was sitting in my utorrent on pause after that happened and I got a second warning for the same exact torrent a week later. They actually told me they needed to connect to my pc to verify I deleted it or no longer had it. They were gonna search my hard drive and I told them hell no and they accepted my "no" but they actually stated they "needed" to. Fuckers.

marooko
08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
FUCK THAT SHIT!!!! they have no fucking right to do that. i hope they fucking call me, il tell them to eat a fucking dick. mine as a matter-o-fact.

faxman75
08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Demonoid is actually a private tracker as in it requires a registration. You can argue it's public as well because you can upload without upload status but it's a private tracker.

faxman75
08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
FUCK THAT SHIT!!!! they have no fucking right to do that. i hope they fucking call me, il tell them to eat a fucking dick. mine as a matter-o-fact.

Yup. Whatevs, that was on my roommates account now that we moved it's in my name and have not had any issues. Try not to download NBC shows. They absolutely shut off my internet service though and there was nothing I could do until I talked to Cox legal department. I basically was slapped on the wrist and told strike 3 means you are banned for life from using their ISP.

amyzzz
08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't use Cox.

faxman75
08-22-2008, 04:33 PM
I hate them but currently they are the only fast service available to me. Their cable is a rip off as well.

amyzzz
08-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Cox is my employer's major competitor. teehee.

allyjoy
08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
you must work for th tw... they rape me monthly for basic & interwebz

amyzzz
08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I work for the phone company. Our DSL/broadband/whatever-the-fuck-they-call-it-this-week competes with Cox's cable broadband.

MissingPerson
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
That's a good add to the "canada, fuck yeah" thread.

Also, this:

http://www.musiccreators.ca/wp/

bluemamba
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
So where does limewire fall into all of this??

wmgaretjax
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Demonoid is actually a private tracker as in it requires a registration. You can argue it's public as well because you can upload without upload status but it's a private tracker.

No, you didn't listen. You might need an account, but there are torrents on there site that don't report to a private tracker. There are pirate bay torrents on there (lots of them, many of the tv ones) and you can get busted the same way.

An example of an entirely private tracker is what, goem, waffles, bittv... etc.

alias
08-22-2008, 07:23 PM

limewire is for fags like you. notice how you took the time to make it green.

vinylmartyr
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would DL movies or TV shows. Netflick is cheap and you can watch most tv shows online somewhere for free. Don't get me wrong I steal music. Just from soulseek though. Maybe Dime.

Donaldj
08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
what is pretty good from my experience. Of course 90% of what I grab is Drum & Bass and not RIAA in any shape or form so I am never that worried.

I don't mess with video at all. That stuff makes me nervous, there are just too few corporations that control all video content in existence.

thewindowliquor
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would DL movies or TV shows. Netflick is cheap and you can watch most tv shows online somewhere for free. Don't get me wrong I steal music. Just from soulseek though. Maybe Dime.

Free > Cheap

Also... I'm pretty sure the service to which you refer is actually called "Netflix," and not.. "Netflick."

wmgaretjax
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM

Netflix is great if you can plan out what you want to watch in advance and are willing to wait a couple days for it. I personally watch more movies than Netflix can keep up with an dlike being able to download something in a few minutes that I want to watch.

I hate the commercial interruptions on online tv channels.

thewindowliquor
08-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Netflix is great if you can plan out what you want to watch in advance and are willing to wait a couple days for it. I personally watch more movies than Netflix can keep up with an dlike being able to download something in a few minutes that I want to watch.

I hate the commercial interruptions on online tv channels.

Netflix also has a service that allows you to stream movies.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi! I'm Malcolm Jamal Awesome.

Stainofmind
08-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm not worried. I've always been against downloading music.

wmgaretjax
08-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Netflix also has a service that allows you to stream movies.

Have you taken a look at the selection?

TomAz
08-23-2008, 04:03 PM
I work for the phone company. Our DSL/broadband/whatever-the-fuck-they-call-it-this-week competes with Cox's cable broadband.

amy. I need to talk to you.

I use Qwest dsl and they have been running ads recently about 20 mbps speeds. I currently have 3 Mbps. so I go the the Qwest website today and they have 20, 12, 7 available for various prices.. but not where I live. Where I live, 3 is still the best I can get.

so they are advertising to "get in the loop" and I am a willing, eager customer with my money in my hand ready to stuff it into their pockets... but they don't want it.

Be a pal and fix that for me, would you please? thanks.

Mr.Nipples
08-23-2008, 04:14 PM
amy. I need to talk to you.

I use Qwest dsl and they have been running ads recently about 20 mbps speeds. I currently have 3 Mbps. so I go the the Qwest website today and they have 20, 12, 7 available for various prices.. but not where I live. Where I live, 3 is still the best I can get.

so they are advertising to "get in the loop" and I am a willing, eager customer with my money in my hand ready to stuff it into their pockets... but they don't want it.

Be a pal and fix that for me, would you please? thanks.

Same thing is happening to me right now tom, sort of. They started running commercials for Ruby Tuesdays around my neck of the woods recently(sf bay area). One thing that made me more than interested in the ad was their menu consisting of 22 different hamburgers. So I go on their site to find a location only to discover that the closest one is 95 fucking miles away!!! I immediately made a call to their corporate hotline to tell them to either franchise or get the fuck off of my tv!!! Last i checked, nothing was done about this.

Geno_g
08-23-2008, 04:18 PM
"HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead", have you seen this annoying commercial, it just keeps repeating that fucking line...

I almost spit up water the first time I saw it, but after that I was pissed when I saw this stupid commercial...

TomAz
08-23-2008, 04:28 PM
everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads..

thewindowliquor
08-23-2008, 04:48 PM
"HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead", have you seen this annoying commercial, it just keeps repeating that fucking line...

I almost spit up water the first time I saw it, but after that I was pissed when I saw this stupid commercial...

I'm still not totally sure what that product even does. Is it for pain relief? I don't even know because their commercials are so fucking terrible. I mean, honestly, isn't that what a commercial is supposed to do? Tell me about the product, and then tell me why I need it? I know that Head On exists, but I'll never fucking buy it, because I have no idea what it does.

thewindowliquor
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Have you taken a look at the selection?

I don't mean to sound like a Netflix employee or anything, but there is actually, IMO, a pretty great selection for their Instant Viewing service. As far as their selection for their regular service, it's pretty much unbeatable. To further my point, here is a list of excellent movies available for Instant Viewing on netflix:

Bright Future
The Wind Will Carry Us
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
Palindromes
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Dear Wendy
Paths of Glory
Joint Security Area
Memories of Murder
Oasis
Forty Shades of Blue
Pulse
Overnight
Happenstance
Light Keeps Me Company
The Flaming Lips: The Fearless Freaks
The Future We Will Create
Rivers and Tides

bluemamba
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM
So ummm..... guys..... where does LimeWire fall into all of this??

wmgaretjax
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't mean to sound like a Netflix employee or anything, but there is actually, IMO, a pretty great selection for their Instant Viewing service. As far as their selection for their regular service, it's pretty much unbeatable. To further my point, here is a list of excellent movies available for Instant Viewing on netflix:

Great! There are some excellent movies. Call me back when their selection moves past two or three indie distributors. I want all of the Criterion films, I want non-Region 1 releases. I Want Facets and Artificial Eye. I know what the fuck I'm talking about. I used Netflix for almost a year in supplement to downloading until a couple months ago until I got frustrated with the selection. During this time I watched pretty much everything I was interested in that was available online. Unfortunately only about 2% of my 400 movie queue was available online. Fuck that...

Limewire is spamware/bloatware whatever the fuck you want to call it... It's a good way to screw up your computer and get shitty music in shitty quality.

faxman75
08-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I used to use slsk but now I use torrents.

locachica73
08-23-2008, 09:13 PM

Bright Future
The Wind Will Carry Us
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
Palindromes
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Dear Wendy
Paths of Glory
Joint Security Area
Memories of Murder
Oasis
Forty Shades of Blue
Pulse
Overnight
Happenstance
Light Keeps Me Company
The Flaming Lips: The Fearless Freaks
The Future We Will Create
Rivers and Tides

I have watched alot of movies on this and tv shows that I wouldn't have watched otherwise. I watch more of them online then I do through the mail.

SoulDischarge
08-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm still not totally sure what that product even does. Is it for pain relief? I don't even know because their commercials are so fucking terrible. I mean, honestly, isn't that what a commercial is supposed to do? Tell me about the product, and then tell me why I need it? I know that Head On exists, but I'll never fucking buy it, because I have no idea what it does.

Ask less questions, spend more money, be a pal.

thewindowliquor
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Ask less questions, spend more money, be a pal.

new sig. :)

sarararararar
08-24-2008, 12:33 PM
I use Sordo and g2p mainly. Used to use SoulSeek, but hated it. I use torrents from time to time, but try to stick away from everything that isn't on a private tracker (primarily IndieTorrents).

marooko
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM

limewire is for fags like you. notice how you took the time to make it green.

So ummm..... guys..... where does LimeWire fall into all of this??

^think someone answered that. ^

frozen pilgrim
08-24-2008, 10:22 PM
limewire falls somewhere between edonkey and torrents on the evolutionary p2p scale, and somewhere around a steaming bag of dog shit on the usefulness as a piece of software scale

frozen pilgrim
08-24-2008, 10:23 PM
and somewhere between watching grass grow and listening to jack johnson on the 'makes timeseem to slow to a fucking unfathomable crawl' scale

bluemamba
08-24-2008, 10:28 PM
^think someone answered that. ^

I got that stupid son of a bitch on ignore.

unitedwestand
08-25-2008, 11:15 AM
so who here uses demonoid?

bluemamba
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
So since i use LimeWire, should i use a new program??

what do you guys recomend???

sames44
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads..

TMBG, yay!

Memorial_07
08-25-2008, 07:05 PM
There are still some good free mp3 sites.
But seriously, torrents (if you can figure out how to work them) are the best

marooko
08-25-2008, 07:37 PM
So since i use LimeWire, should i use a new program??

what do you guys recomend???

you wanna get in to a private torrent site. im pretty sure something along those lines was mentioned already. limewire is for people that dont know any better.

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
use torrents.
utorrent works well.
i find stuff on isohunt, piratebay, demonoid.

but i miss OiNK!!! and i'm still waiting on a what invite from a friend.

marooko
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
ive given a couple out, but no one seems to really be using them. im very hesitant to give another one out to someone on this board.

i was very grateful for my invite and have been doing pretty ok. ive found so much new music through that site and this one. its crazy. i think i bought more cd's in the past 4-6 months than i have in the last five years due to both.

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
i've still been able to get the amount of music i want. i'm a little behind on listening to my dls, actually.
i just miss the guaranteed quality of oink. and the leaks that came before any public tracker.

marooko
08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
i was never a part of oink, didnt really even know what it was. i saw an offer for what? invites and didnt know what that was either. googled and thought, hey, i wanna be part of that. and so i was schooled. im in love actually. what? and i have been talking for months now, i think im getting what? a promise ring. my girl is gonna be pissed.

bug on your lip
08-26-2008, 06:19 AM
i still use the Rushens

they is good for invasions & mp3zzzzz

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
i've still been able to get the amount of music i want. i'm a little behind on listening to my dls, actually.
i just miss the guaranteed quality of oink. and the leaks that came before any public tracker.

what.cd is almost up to the scale of oink now... It definitely is for leaks.

marooko
08-26-2008, 09:01 AM
so do you know how this leak business works? i always feel sketchy about the quality of a leaked album. if its something i really want ill buy it before i download a leak because of my weariness. especially when i hear they got it from somewhere else.

menikmati
08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
some guy from the "scene" happens to get a hold of a promo disc or some shit, rips it and distributes under his "group name" and is hailed as a king for leaking an album before it officially hits store shelves. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

marooko
08-26-2008, 09:09 AM
so the artists get mad that they put out promo cd's and they find there way to the interwebs? that is stupid.

menikmati
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
It's more the label's fault I think...they are the ones in charge of distributing and creating all the discs and getting them out.

marooko
08-26-2008, 09:15 AM
fucking labels.

shakermaker113
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
this is about sharing rather than downloading, but it sounds like the dude who put the chinese democracy tracks online is in some deep sh*t. up to $250,000 and three years. ouch!

according to the Los Angeles Times, Cogill faces up to three years in prison and $250,000 in fines, seeing as he's now the first California resident to be charged under an anti-piracy law that makes it a felony to distribute a copyrighted work on computer networks before its release...

Cogill was released shortly after his Wednesday arrest on $10,000 bond, and was not required to enter a plea at this time. But according to former Guns N' Roses guitarist (and amateur law buff?) Slash, Cogill's potential return to the clink couldn't come soon enough.

"I hope he rots in jail," Slash told the Times. "It's going to affect the sales of the record, and it's not fair. The Internet is what it is, and you have to deal with it accordingly, but I think if someone goes and steals something, it's theft." ...

Axl Rose and company also managed to get out a statement that, though intentionally vague, may bode a little better for Cogill. Said the Guns N' Roses camp, according to the Times: "Presently, though we don't support this guy's actions at that level, our interest is in the original source. We can't comment publicly at this time as the investigation is ongoing."

from pitchfork.

wmgaretjax
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
so do you know how this leak business works? i always feel sketchy about the quality of a leaked album. if its something i really want ill buy it before i download a leak because of my weariness. especially when i hear they got it from somewhere else.

Used to be it came from a CD source and was almost always great quality. One thing that labels have done lately that is absolutely brilliant is do promos via 128kb MP3s.... That way the leak is mediocre quality, but a good representation of the album.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 08:18 AM
So I was just on The Residents site, and found this argument against music downloading. I find it a tad bit bizarre coming from people who so like to subvert the status quo, but at the same time, it's fairly compelling.

"The excuse that music should be free is a good one because it is true. Music, like food, should be free. But you still have to pay for convenience. You can't walk out of the supermarket with a box of cereal. You have to pay because you didn't grow the grain and process the food and add sugar you made yourself and all the other things that went into putting a box of cereal in a store. Same with music. Make your own and it is free. Get someone else to make it, buy equipment, hire studios and such … and you have to pay for that convenience. Believe me, it is cheaper to buy songs than it is to make songs."

canexplain
08-31-2008, 08:24 AM
i got on the end of this thread, but comcast is putting a limit on how much you can upload or download in a month, i read where some other sites are already doing this ... asssssssses ....x****

bluemamba
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi! I'm Malcolm Jamal Awesome.

FUCK YOU!!!

bmack86
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/8/7921478_bb03a71ff2.jpg?v=0

orbit
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
i got on the end of this thread, but comcast is putting a limit on how much you can upload or download in a month, i read where some other sites are already doing this ... asssssssses ....x****

the limit was always there. they are making it public now because they got sued for throttling traffic without telling the users.

the thing is they will eventually lower that limit and increase gb usage fees. and with things like hd vod, hd live sports events, etc., it won't be that hard to reach that limit in the near future.

wmgaretjax
08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
I find it a tad bit bizarre coming from people who so like to subvert the status quo

The Residents are the most over-rated "experimental" act out there. I can't fucking stand them.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I like Eskimo. It's interesting, but most of their stuff goes nowhere.

wmgaretjax
08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I like Eskimo. It's interesting, but most of their stuff goes nowhere.

So much of Eskimo just wanted to be like the experimental opera of Xenakis or Ligeti, but their sense of composition is atrocious. It goes nowhere, like you said, like a hippie drum circle of toddlers with pots and pans.

SoulDischarge
08-31-2008, 04:58 PM
"Meet The Residents" and "Third Reich & Roll" are pretty fun, along with bits and pieces of "Duck Stab" and "The Commercial Album." They definitely lost the plot pretty quick after that though.

faxman75
06-19-2009, 09:09 AM
MINNEAPOLIS – A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result — a Minnesota woman was found to have violated music copyrights and must pay huge damages to the recording industry.

A federal jury ruled Thursday that Jammie Thomas-Rasset willfully violated the copyrights on 24 songs, and awarded recording companies $1.92 million, or $80,000 per song.

Full story here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tec_music_downloading

canexplain
06-19-2009, 09:19 AM
MINNEAPOLIS A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result a Minnesota woman was found to have violated music copyrights and must pay huge damages to the recording industry.

A federal jury ruled Thursday that Jammie Thomas-Rasset willfully violated the copyrights on 24 songs, and awarded recording companies $1.92 million, or $80,000 per song.

Full story here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tec_music_downloading

yea i posted that somewhere ...it was funny how she said she really wasnt going to worry about the money because there is no way she could ever pay them ... it did say they would settle for like 5-10k though ... i think she needs to reconsider their offer even though they are assholes ... cr****

EkriirkE
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
PeerGuardian

marooko
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
i think she's right. fuck them. or no, wait, ill just swipe my ATM card. fucking tards. what they need to do is go after people at the rate of 1-10k per song. thats much more feasible. THATS gonna scare people because thats attainable. 1.92million? lick my fucking nuts!!

marooko
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
PeerGuardian

yeah, cause only you know about that.

Alchemy
06-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Even 1k per song is crazy. They should do $2 per song, charged on the internet bill. That would be enough to make me reconsider my piracy methods, because it would be like, "Damn, twenty-four dollars for Veckatimest? I could have just bought the vinyl!" Of course, I'd prefer that they just not catch us.

marooko
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Even 1k per song is crazy. They should do $2 per song, charged on the internet bill. That would be enough to make me reconsider my piracy methods, because it would be like, "Damn, twenty-four dollars for Veckatimest? I could have just bought the vinyl!" Of course, I'd prefer that they just not catch us.

i also think its crazy, but definitely more attainable than 88k. and yes, if they implement adding it to my bill, i may change what i do as well. hahaha. just until i find a way around it.

wmgaretjax
06-19-2009, 09:50 AM

They won't catch you. Still using what right? Set your paranoia to 3 and be happy.

EDIT: goddamn, i keep thinking you are marooko. nvm.

biggfoot17
06-19-2009, 06:06 PM
paranoia level for using demoniod should beee...??

marooko
06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
high. because the site is pretty damn close to public. or was for a while at least.

i just put mine up to 5, wmg.

greghead
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM
That $1.9 million business is bullshit, what the fuck kind of jury decides $80,000/song is a reasonable form of restitution? Any sensible government would have those people sterilized or put to death. Fucking ridiculous.

I want to get on what, I know that I'm missing out. My download ratio on demonoid, dime, and others kicks ass (2.0+), but I don't feel like waiting for an "appointment" or whatever the fuck they call it.

Sleepingrock
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Canada ftw

Our lack of music festivals is made up with these wonderful laws ( or lack of :) )

Sleepingrock
06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/294859242_7272ded4e4.jpg?v=0

biggfoot17
06-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Canada ftw

Our lack of music festivals is made up with these wonderful laws ( or lack of :) )

ya, but its still canada

frozen pilgrim
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
and your point is what, exactly

frozen pilgrim
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
choose your next words wisely, persian.

TickleMeElmo
06-20-2009, 02:17 AM
I want to get on what, I know that I'm missing out. My download ratio on demonoid, dime, and others kicks ass (2.0+), but I don't feel like waiting for an "appointment" or whatever the fuck they call it.

I'd love to also but honestly, I kinda feel like anything I'd like to get I can just get off the net and if it's not available, I can just ask. No need for a special torrent site.

Not saying I wouldn't appreciate an invite :winkiss

wmgaretjax
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM
high. because the site is pretty damn close to public. or was for a while at least.

i just put mine up to 5, wmg.

you don't need to worry about 5... it's actually a little excessive. mostly, you just want to keep your snatches and uploaded hidden. they can't do shit with your stats.

greghead
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks Mario! *exploding high five*

marooko
06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
you're very welcome sir. sorry for the lagging, i got stoned. you know how that goes.

wmgaretjax
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks Mario! *exploding high five*

I totally missed your incredibly polite request for an invite in your post. Glad Maroo (that's what I'm calling you from now on) hooked ya up.

marooko
06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
im cool with that.

greghead
06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
you're very welcome sir. sorry for the lagging, i got stoned. you know how that goes.

It's more than cool, man, don't worry about it, I appreciate the hook up. I feel like a kid in a ridiculously well-stocked candy store :D

frenzplz
06-24-2009, 09:17 AM
ive got a free indietorrents invite

for anyone who wants one

Still-ill
08-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Woman with no computer 'settles' with RIAA over piracy claim
Woman with no computer 'settles' with RIAA over piracy claim Although the big news has been surrounding the RIAA and their decision over file sharer Jammie Thomas, another piece of interesting news
regarding the trade group has surfaced today as well.

Mavis Roy, a woman who was sued by the RIAA over alleged file sharing, has 'settled' today with the trade group, however there is much more to it.

On the dates in which she is alleged to have pirated the music, Roy did not own a computer, and her stories check out. She tossed out the first written threat from the RIAA thinking it was a joke and was promptly sued afterwards. Luckily, a law student took up her case and Roy and the RIAA settled today for the lofty sum of $0 USD.

Despite this victory in court, Roy is "still unsettled that the record companies are able to treat upstanding American citizens in this way. Invading people’s privacy and accusing people of things that don’t even make sense. It is such a sad waste of the courts time."
:nono

humanoid
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I have stupid luck with things like this, downloading music always scares me....I know people who have downloaded every song to exist but I'll get busted for 10 songs

Still-ill
08-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah... I have gotten a scare, my neighbor got hit. So no more downloading untill I get into What.cd, or something safer. Although I don't think the mediafire blogspot way is particularly dangerous.

frazzles
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
The mediafire/rapidshare/blogspot way is all I do.

thewildcat
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
if i had the kind of funds i would just download everything off iTunes.
organization, no risk, no viruses, etc.

MissingPerson
08-25-2009, 07:03 PM
There's no force on this earth that could compel me to use iTunes ever again.

suprefan
08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
if i had the kind of funds i would just download everything off iTunes.
organization, no risk, no viruses, etc.

You cant get everything off itunes though. They arent going to have that split 7inch vinyl rip from your fave artist ready to go for 99 cents. And you make it sound like torrent sites have aidz needlez up their ass.

There's no force on this earth that could compel me to use iTunes ever again.

Arcade Fire itunes release only!!

Still-ill
08-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah I was scared stiff of torrents for a long time till I became aware of Private torrent trackers.

wmgaretjax
08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
untill I get into What.cd

chk yr pmz

Still-ill
08-25-2009, 07:49 PM
!!!

biggfoot17
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
^luckeez