PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Rules

faxman75
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
My buddy who has his own message board came up with this list. It's not a mandate, just simple suggestions and there are obvoiusly exceptions to the rules but here you go.

Here's my list, based on experience and observation, of basic rules to follow in a relationship. Hope this helps with any questions or future questions. A lot of this stuff is common sense, but sometimes you still need to be told:

1 - Never Settle.

You are responsible for your own happiness, so how does it make you happy to find somebody, and forge a relationship knowing full-well that person is not what you want? That's ridiculous logic, and it doesn't work. It doesn't matter if you've spent the last ten days or the last ten years alone; you're far better off on your own than seeing somebody and thinking to yourself, "This'll do." That works fine if all you're looking for is some ass. You can always kick them out the next morning, but it doesn't work after you've tied the not and locked yourself into something you can't so easily get out of. If you're going to put forth the effort it takes to make a working relationship, make sure the person is worth the effort.

2 - You are not a back-up plan.

If you're with somebody, and they decide that something better is out there and they leave you to pursuit it, that's it. Let them go and be done with it. If you fight for that person to stay, they will wonder for the rest of your relationship what could have been. That eventually will grow into resentment. If you don't fight, and they leave, find out the other person sucked, then too bad. You have already moved on. No second chances. Obviously, you weren't good enough for them the first time around, there's no reason to believe you will be the second time. People have to make choices. Then they have to live with those choices. It's not your job to be their safety net for when they fuck up, because they will only get up, and do it again, knowing full-well you'll be there to catch them once more. You are worth more than that and you deserve somebody that wants to be with you. Somebody that hasn't settled.

3 - Once an Asshole, always an Asshole

This ties in to Rule 5, but deserves it's own recognition anyway - If your partner cheats on you, hits you, berates you or treats you like shit in any other way - they'll do it again and again. And again. Abuse, physical or mental, is in their nature. It will never stop. There is no counseling, there is no help. There is only the door; use it. This is not up for debate, this is not open to discussion and there is never a valid excuse to stay with somebody like that. Yes, it is that easy. Situations like this, particularly the physical ones, but mental as well, will almost always end up in one of two ways - with the aggressor being lead out in handcuffs, or the victim being carried out in a fucking bag.

4 - Everything dies, let it go.

All life is is birth, life and death. This is no different in relationships. Relationships run their courses and then die. This is not a good or bad thing, it just is. Once a relationship has run its course, that's it. Kiss goodbye and move on with your life. What purpose does dwelling, crying and sobbing serve? What comes from moping and feeling sorry for yourself? Nothing. Does it not make more sense to accept that you had a good run, some good times and some great memories and carry that positive over into your next relationship? Becoming a vindictive pain in the ass afterwards does nothing but prove to people that maybe you didn't belong with that person in the first place. What's more, friends and acquaintances will avoid you, as they'll grow tires of your incessant bitching and moaning about your ex, or your never-ending string of foul comments about an ex. If the ex was so bad, what the fuck were you doing with them in the first place. Take a little responsibility for things. You knew who that person was 6 months into the relationship. It's your own fault for staying around long enough to get burned. And if you're the type that feels they have to be in a relationship, you're never going to find anything of any substance if you continue to bring in emotional baggage and nonsense stemming back from some slug that you can't manage to get over. In fact, you're probably going to chase away every person you meet, or find some bullshit subconscious way of sabotaging yourself or the other person. Again, if it's ten days or ten years, all you should take from a broken relationship are the good times that made you want to be with that person. The bad things were merely the natural decay. There is absolutely no benefit in keeping that shit with you and there's no reason you should torture your next love with it.

5 - People don't change.

The person you're with 6 or so months into it, after the newness has worn off, the sex has died down and reality has crept its way back in, is going to be that person for the rest of your lives. You cannot change them, you have no right to try. That is who they are, and if they don't mesh with you, then so be it. Again, it's not about good or bad, it just is. Not everybody works well and to stay involved with a person who does not deliver to you what you require is foolish. If you bought a TV that didn't work, would you keep it? No, of course not. Why bother? You take it back, or you throw it away. You keep in mind what brand it was and grow cautious of buying another one of the same model. People are no different. If a partner isn't working for you in anyway, end it quickly, friendly and peacefully, but end it. It's simply not going to work. Ever.

6 - The key to staying together is being apart.

You don't have to spend every waking hour with your partner. Let them have their own friends, and in turn, you get some friends yourself. Doing things together is important, yes, but so is doing things with other people. Tying yourselves at the hip makes for a boring existence. If you spend all your time together, you lose out on experiences and run out of stories. With nothing to talk about, life gets stale and the mind starts to wonder, invariably winding up creating lists of things your partner does that annoys the shit out of you. So go out and have fun with your friends. Come back home with stories that you haven't heard a thousand times over and experiences you were both there for. "Today, I went the...", "Yeah, I know. I was there. I hate you." Keeping communication open and fun, having new things to talk about, is vital, and you can't do that if the two of you live the exact same life.

7 - Mind your own fucking business.

Everybody has a past. Everybody has things that are just for them. Everybody. So it's none of your god damn business to try and figure out what your partner's secrets are. Going through purses, email, mail, text messages, IM history, phone records and whatever else you junior g-men figure can give you clues as to what your partner is up to whenever they're out of eyesight, is absolutely unacceptable. If you're so distrusting of that person, then you don't belong with them in the first place. You deserve to see everything you find. A lot of times people do this because they think they're being cheated on. If that's how you feel, then come out with it and make your own judgements. Or if you're sure they are cheating, then just leave. Again, what good does it do you to dwell and seethe with every worse-case scenario your silly little brain can come up with running through 24/7? Just leave. Conversely, if you catch somebody running through your shit, then that's the end of it as well. Why would you choose to stay with a person so lacking of trust. Chances are they're behavior stems from their own guilty conscious. It's best for everybody involved to just nip it clean and move on with their lives.

8 - Listen to your friends.

When you first meet somebody new, you lose your grip on all logic and perception. The person is perfect. They're funny, good looking, sweet and everything great you can possibly want in a person. Your friends, more often than not, aren't so blind. They have no emotional attachment. They're still seeing life as it really is, so if you find yourself with a new partner and notice that your friends don't really want to come around anymore, that's we refer to as...a clue. Listen to them. If you're lucky, you have at least one friend who has no problem telling you you're fucking up. At the very least, ask your friends what they think of the person. They may be hesitant to say anything, but you need to press the issue, if only a little bit. If your friends are hesitant to give an opinion, then that would be clue #2. They know you better than you do at that particular point. You're vulnerable to whatever bullshit the new toy sells you, your friends are not. Listen to them.

9 - Not everybody is cut out for a relationship.

There's no rule stating you have to be partnered up with somebody for the rest of your life. The fact is, a lot, if not most, people are better on their own and some people just plain don't deserve to be in a relationship. Don't fall victim to Norman Rockwell paintings or guilted into bad relationship after bad relationship through Hallmark Holidays. Before you can ever be happy with somebody else, you must first learn to be happy by yourself.

menikmati
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
lame

captncrzy
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
My only observation about relationships is this:

Agree with me, and everything will be ok.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Menik, how so? What a lame response.

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
10. love because of, not in spite of.

this is something my mother always says and i think it's a good addition to the list. like i prefer to be with someone who genuinely loves that i laugh loudly during movies and such, not someone who just puts up with it.

and while i do think your close friends opinions are important, they're not always accurate. my friend jill is convinced that the man that was "perfect" for me was this guy i only dated for a few months and can barely stand to even talk to anymore. he just annoys the pants off me. so while your friends opinions do matter, they aren't always dead on.

i rarely ever offer my "real" input with regards to my friend's significant others. unless they come to me with a black eye, i let them live their life and try to support them in their decision as best i can. they may realize what some of us have seen all along in due time or they may not. the point is, me being an asshole to their s/o or grilling them everytime a friend talks to me about someone they're dating that i don't like isn't going to help the situation and will only alienate the friendship. unless a friend is doing something really, really stupid, keep your mouth shut and let people make their own mistakes. such mistakes are generally fun for awhile and give people experience to learn from anyways.

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
lame in that you think people should take relationship advice from you and your buddy... what exactly are your qualifications?

faxman75
08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
It's just something i'm sharing. Stop being a douche, no one said I or my friend was an authority on the issue. Go be a dick elsewhere. Qualifications? what the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not claiming got be an expert you fool.

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
if you share something you should expect people to respond...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
it all sounds a little douchey. But what do I know?

menikmati
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
lame as in who gives a shit?

BlackSwan
it all sounds a little douchey. But what do I know?

you're getting married... obviously something is going right.

faxman75
Of course and your response was right on cue. You are good at being a douche, it's obvious you read threads and wonder how you can be a douche in each thread. No variety though, it gets tired. Especially when you say dumb shit like I expect people to take my advice. *LOL* that's just silly.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
lame as in who gives a shit?

This is turning into quite the fun thread. No worries. Sorry to bother you all with this time waster.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
you're getting married... obviously something is going right.

I gotz merried already!

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I gotz merried already!

Congratulations!

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I gotz merried already!

oh yea... well see, it even worked out.... congrads!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
4 years in the making too...we took our time.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Listen to your S.O. intead of waiting for your turn to speak all the time.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM

this rings soooooooooo true. Fights can happened when both parties have misheard what was said. Or just being impatient.

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 11:38 AM
this rings soooooooooo true. Fights can happened when both parties have misheard what was said. Or just being impatient.

Dude that is so fucking true. My Gf cousin just broke up with her bf of 3 years cuz he misunderstood what she said. It happends. Communication plays a strong role.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Always recognize a mental illness and make sure that you know if you decide to stay, you are going to have some rough times.

Young blood
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
hahahahahaha.....hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahahahahahah a

locachica73
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Be a bitch, apparently men prefer it that way. I use to be oh so nice to my ex, always trying to make him happy, now that I am bitchy and hate him he suddenly cant live without me and is being the guy I wanted him to be when we were together. We spend more time together now then what we did when we were living in the same house. So apparently the bitch thing works.

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 12:00 PM
In heterosexual, monogamous relationships, there is but one rule: Women can defy logic and be vindicated for doing so. End of story.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM

this is very sage advice. well done amy.

what this means, kids, is even when you're pissed off (or rather, ESPECIALLY when you're pissed off), or hurt, or feel wronged, or whatever... listen. which means more than just hearing the words.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
The bitch thing doesn't work in my relationship. If I'm a bitch, he's a bitch, and we're both unhappy.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
In heterosexual, monogamous relationships, there is but one rule: Women can defy logic and be vindicated for doing so. End of story.

it sounds to me like you haven't made your peace with this bit of fact, PT. my advice is that you do so.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
arguing is fucking stupid, im glad it doesnt play a role in our relationship.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:12 PM
The bitch thing doesn't work in my relationship. If I'm a bitch, he's a bitch, and we're both unhappy.

I think it is more along the lines of that is what he is used to. Real men would not like this but unfortunately my ex is still a boy. A 33 year old boy. But he is fun to hang out with, shoot pool with and ummm "hang out" with. Just as long as I don't let myself get attached and continue treating him like shit and reinforcing the fact that I can do what I want, when I want, with whom I want. It makes him want me even more. boys are weird.

luckyface
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Be a bitch, apparently men prefer it that way. I use to be oh so nice to my ex, always trying to make him happy, now that I am bitchy and hate him he suddenly cant live without me and is being the guy I wanted him to be when we were together. We spend more time together now then what we did when we were living in the same house. So apparently the bitch thing works.

Easily the worst advice I have ever heard.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
yeah, i thought so too but apparently its working in this situation. there is even a book out there called "why men love bitches". It came free with the "he's just not that into you".

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
arguing is fucking stupid, im glad it doesnt play a role in our relationship.

really? no arguing? that's just weird. I think there should be disagreements in any relationship, not just romantic wise. Otherwise how do you know you're not clones?

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it is more along the lines of that is what he is used to. Real men would not like this but unfortunately my ex is still a boy. A 33 year old boy. But he is fun to hang out with, shoot pool with and ummm "hang out" with. Just as long as I don't let myself get attached and continue treating him like shit and reinforcing the fact that I can do what I want, when I want, with whom I want. It makes him want me even more. boys are weird.

No. Boys aren't weird. THAT boy is weird. If my girl is bitchy all the time and tries to be the man in the relationship..... then she better change her ways or im out. It should be equal. Nothing is worse than a mandilon lol.

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
it sounds to me like you haven't made your peace with this bit of fact, PT. my advice is that you do so.

Yeah, you're right, I haven't. I've been trying to, but it sneaks out of me when the opportunity presents itself. I don't think I'm as miserable as I was months ago, but I'm clearly not at ease.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
really? no arguing? that's just weird. I think there should be disagreements in any relationship, not just romantic wise. Otherwise how do you know you're not clones?

I love a healthy debate about whatever comes up. But no I will not argue, I will have a discussion, but arguing is not my thing. If it gets to the point of arguing I leave, that is the good point of not living with a dude. You can leave.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm just plain old bitter.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM

oh we disagree, but arguing?, for the birds. slight attitude, then an agreement to discuss later when calm. i refuse to argue. people tend to say things that they then wanna regret, and say sorry about and shit. fuck that. if you can't keep your cool and discuss it, we don't need to talk about it.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm getting there myself. My thoughts on relationships have changed quite a bit in the past months. I feel I belong in the last of that list. Some people just aren't meant to be in relationships. I do much better on my own it seems. I have more fun and there is so much less drama then if in a relationship. I have enough drama as it is without having to worry about it from a guy. So I just have fun and when it stops being fun I am out.

boarderwoozel3
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Its probably the lure of the chase type thing. Anyway, these types of relationships rarely end well or without some kind of drama.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
loca, I agree with you 100%. I have no desire whatsoever to be in a relationship.

Young blood
you are all destine to die shitty and alone.

marooko
I love a healthy debate about whatever comes up. But no I will not argue, I will have a discussion, but arguing is not my thing. If it gets to the point of arguing I leave, that is the good point of not living with a dude. You can leave.

we had one fight and i left. she stood behind my car and wouldnt let me leave in it, so i walked away. thats never happened again, i will NOT tolerate that shit.

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm just plain old bitter.

seconded

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:32 PM

We all die that we despite whatever delusions you may have regarding death. I just hope my nurse changes my diaper first so i'm not shitty.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:32 PM
we should get a keg and kick it.(hang out)

Young blood
08-19-2008, 12:33 PM
did ur kitty just die obi wan?

downingthief
After being married/divorced, and now married again...a lot of what Fax posted does ring true. Don't Settle really hits home for me. I settled on my first wife. I learned my lesson there!

Communication is the key. Your SO isn't a mind reader, and neither are you. You should be able to be 100% honest with them, even if what you may say will sting a bit. My current marriage is light years better than my first for this very reason.

PassiveTheory

Even little ol' me?

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Its probably the lure of the chase type thing. Anyway, these types of relationships rarely end well or without some kind of drama.

Which is why it is not a relationship, we are just "hanging out" lol.

With my 35 cats no less.

we had one fight and i left. she stood behind my car and wouldnt let me leave in it, so i walked away. thats never happened again, i will NOT tolerate that shit.

yeah i had an ex do that shit and I damn near ran him over.

PotVsKtl
08-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Look at this floppy stupid fuck piping up like people give a shit. Hey, go cower in the corner some more while your mugfaced husband beats your useless moppets with an electrical cord some more.

Young blood
08-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Heres the thing.

The internet does not care.

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Communication is the key. Your SO isn't a mind reader, and neither are you. You should be able to be 100% honest with them, even if what you may say will sting a bit. My current marriage is light years better than my first for this very reason.

Again, you'd think that honesty would be a rational recourse in terms of keeping a relationship going... But it isn't.

Young blood
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Look at this floppy stupid fuck piping up like people give a shit. Hey, go cower in the corner some more while your mugfaced husband beats your useless moppets with an electrical cord some more.

hahahaha

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
honesty + mystery, at least that's what Dr. Drew says

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
seconded

It's weird. I kinda revel in it. I know it's mostly because I put way to much into my last relationship and it was with someone who probably can't get along with anyone, especially since the new guy called me up a few weeks ago asking me exactly that question. He literally asked me if I thought he should bail. Problem is, i like them being together so I told him to make sure he was positive he wanted to do it and has exhausted all avenues of dialog. They are still together. I guess it's only a matter of time.

Not to get too personal or dwell but I made a list of 10 reasons (yes I wrote this down) of why I should break up with this girl so I would be able to deal with it. I made this list 3 weeks into the relationship. I moved in with her after a month, we got a house after a 8 months and stayed together for 4 years while caring for 2 kids and having 3 dogs.

If only I read that peice of paper and kept reminding myself it was a bada idea and took the high road when I had the chance. I might not have wasted 4 years. lol.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Heres the thing.

The internet does not care.

Even more fascinating is that you actually DO care. I assume you would have stopped reading after the first comment if you didn't. Sucka.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
http://www.momssoapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/0906_tv_01_drphil.jpg

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 12:39 PM
another hard one for me to learn was to just "sleep on it". sometimes you end up arguing something for an evening and by the end of it you haven't gotten anywhere. plus when you're tired and emotional, you aren't going to be in the best place to work out anything. i know they say "don't go to bed angry", but sometimes issues are larger than a one night conversation or may just require a new day's perspective on things to get the situation resolved.

i used to always try not to "go to bed angry", but after a few years i realized that sometimes a good night's rest helps you wake up and go "what the hell were we even fighting about?"

i also agree about listening and not just waiting for your turn to speak. i've also tried to incorporate some of my business communication techniques by using the word "you" as little as possible. instead of saying "you said you'd be here and you weren't" i'd say "i felt disappointed that i didn't get to see when we agreed to see each other" or whatever. obviously you have to say you sometimes, but it really helps in my experience. the second people hear "you" in a conversation, they instantly focus on trying to shift the blame rather than actually solve the problem.

and dear god don't talk about shit at work. there's NOTHING i hate more than getting an e-mail/text/call/whatever about a relationship problem while i'm working. unless it absolutely cannot be avoided, save your thoughts for when i'm not at work.

PotVsKtl
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
This has been another episode of The Same Vapid Bullshit People Talk About Every God Damn Time.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
yeah i had an ex do that shit and I damn near ran him over.[/QUOTE]

i thought about it. i was growing at that time and my card was expired, i didnt want the cops to come. i almost called them on her, but again, i didnt have a current prescription.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
This has been another episode of The Same Vapid Bullshit People Talk About Every God Damn Time.

This has been another episode of The Same Vapid Bullshit Pot Talks About Every God Damn Time.

TomAz
http://photo.jeffnyveen.com/objects/images/uploads/335.jpg

locachica73
i thought about it. i was growing at that time and my card was expired, i didnt want the cops to come. i almost called them on her, but again, i didnt have a current prescription.

They move fast once the car is on and in gear.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.kipaddotta.com/images/rosie-o-donnell.jpg

PotVsKtl
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Maybe if you strokefaced cunts had a single fucking interesting thing to say that I couldn't find in an AOL chatroom for debilitated parasitic twins, I'd have to come up with new material.

downingthief
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
another hard one for me to learn was to just "sleep on it". sometimes you end up arguing something for an evening and by the end of it you haven't gotten anywhere. plus when you're tired and emotional, you aren't going to be in the best place to work out anything. i know they say "don't go to bed angry", but sometimes issues are larger than a one night conversation or may just require a new day's perspective on things to get the situation resolved.

i used to always try not to "go to bed angry", but after a few years i realized that sometimes a good night's rest helps you wake up and go "what the hell were we even fighting about?"

i also agree about listening and not just waiting for your turn to speak. i've also tried to incorporate some of my business communication techniques by using the word "you" as little as possible. instead of saying "you said you'd be here and you weren't" i'd say "i felt disappointed that i didn't get to see when we agreed to see each other" or whatever. obviously you have to say you sometimes, but it really helps in my experience. the second people hear "you" in a conversation, they instantly focus on trying to shift the blame rather than actually solve the problem.

and dear god don't talk about shit at work. there's NOTHING i hate more than getting an e-mail/text/call/whatever about a relationship problem while i'm working. unless it absolutely cannot be avoided, save your thoughts for when i'm not at work.

No joke...that whole "Don't go to bed angry" is a crock of shit.

downingthief
08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe if you strokefaced cunts had a single fucking interesting thing to say that I couldn't find in an AOL chatroom for debilitated parasitic twins, I'd have to come up with new material.

Pot, do you need a hug?

locachica73
if you don't go to bed angry how can you have angry hate sex?

TomAz
http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/a0017.jpg

downingthief
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.kipaddotta.com/images/rosie-o-donnell.jpg

Hi, Tom. You have been missed.

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
What do your rules say about staying friends with an ex? I'm really close to pulling the plug on that for my own good.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
It only works until one of you get into another relationship, then the friendship is usually over. Most new boyfriends and/or girlfriends don't appreciate an ex hanging around, no matter how friendly they are.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Dude, that's not only unfunny but it lacks creativity. I mean you got desperate by adding on "debilitated parasitic twins" but for christ sake, it doesn't even make any god damned sense you fool. Go ahead and read it back. You say if we had single interesting thing to say then you wuld have to come up with new material. Go smoke a joint and write stuff down before you type it and maybe it will be half as interesting as our AOL chatroom conversation.

boarderwoozel3
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Dude, that's not only unfunny but it lacks creativity. I mean you got desperate by adding on "debilitated parasitic twins" but for christ sake, it doesn't even make any god damned sense you fool. Go ahead and read it back. You say if we had single interesting thing to say then you wuld have to come up with new material. Go smoke a joint and write stuff down before you type it and maybe it will be half as interesting as our AOL chatroom conversation.

Don't bother.

TommyboyUNM
It only works until one of you get into another relationship, then the friendship is usually over. Most new boyfriends and/or girlfriends don't appreciate an ex hanging around, no matter how friendly they are.

Well, I was fine with just being friends until a week ago when she went on a date with another guy. Not cool with it so I'm leaving the situation for a bit. Hopefully it's just temporary because we were good friends before we even got together. Many layers to that onion.

faxman75
What do your rules say about staying friends with an ex? I'm really close to pulling the plug on that for my own good.

Not my rules as I don't really have any blanket rules. I say that's a case by case situation. It depends on how the relationship ended. If it ended on good terms then stay friends. Why not? You can't worry about other peoples insecurities your whole life because you found you can't be lovers anymore but you can be friends with the person. If the next person comes along and doesn't like it, if they can't justify it then they are simply insecure. Now if you are going to hang out with the ex all the damn time then there maybe a different issue.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Vibrating_egg_and_butt_plug_01.jpg/800px-Vibrating_egg_and_butt_plug_01.jpg

downingthief
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Vibrating_egg_and_butt_plug_01.jpg/800px-Vibrating_egg_and_butt_plug_01.jpg

Your personal stash, Tom?

Young blood

chairmenmeow47
great, now you've summoned BROKENDOLL, tom.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, I was fine with just being friends until a week ago when she went on a date with another guy. Not cool with it so I'm leaving the situation for a bit. Hopefully it's just temporary because we were good friends before we even got together. Many layers to that onion.

It takes awhile to get to the point of being able to be friends. It was very difficult for me to be friends with my ex at first because I knew he was with another girl. So I stayed away for a couple months. Now he broke up with the girl and wants me back, but I know that he hasn't changed so I am trying to just be friends (with benifits). But I wouldn't have been able to do any of that without first taking a few months away from him.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
well he did say he was pulling the plug on his ex.

marooko
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM

why you surfing AOL chat rooms for debilitated parasitic twins?

if you don't go to bed angry how can you have angry hate sex?

although i miss make up sex, the arguing just isn't worth it for me.

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
angry/hate sex is not the same as make-up sex.

angry/hate sex is where you have something to prove and get aggressive. make-up sex means saying i love you a lot and staying all close and all that crap.

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
It takes awhile to get to the point of being able to be friends. It was very difficult for me to be friends with my ex at first because I knew he was with another girl. So I stayed away for a couple months. Now he broke up with the girl and wants me back, but I know that he hasn't changed so I am trying to just be friends (with benifits). But I wouldn't have been able to do any of that without first taking a few months away from him.

Yeah there was no break at all. The break up happened about 3 months ago. We were friends with benefits up until a month ago. Hell, 2 weeks ago she was texting me wanting to come over because she needed to get off. A week later she went out with another guy. And it's not a one-date thing. I can't be around that right now, but maybe one day we can be normal friends. We were pretty much best friends before we got together. Whatever. Lol.

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
well he did say he was pulling the plug on his ex.

True. Haha.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 01:02 PM
http://wiki.amplifysd.com/@api/deki/files/463/=Mojo_Nixon_2003.jpg

Young blood
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I N T E R W E B caress

downingthief
Mojo!!

marooko

angry/hate sex is where you have something to prove and get aggressive. make-up sex means saying i love you a lot and staying all close and all that crap.

well, i dont get either so, whatever.

Young blood
08-19-2008, 01:08 PM
_1wbcqY6IIs

locachica73

angry/hate sex is so much more fun then make-up sex. who needs all the i love you crap. ew.

Hannahrain
I was hoping we might be able to go out sometime, but I'm going to need you to sign here [x], initial here [x], fill out this bubble-form about your personality traits, ex-partners, and medical history, and read these terms and conditions. It would also behoove you to study the graph that indicates average amount spent on dinner (x) and what base you can generally expect to get to if things go well (y). I'll also need copies of your birth certificate, passport, any auto-club membership cards you might have, and access to all your transcripts from any institute of higher learning you may have attended, as well as three references that are not related to you.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah there was no break at all. The break up happened about 3 months ago. We were friends with benefits up until a month ago. Hell, 2 weeks ago she was texting me wanting to come over because she needed to get off. A week later she went out with another guy. And it's not a one-date thing. I can't be around that right now, but maybe one day we can be normal friends. We were pretty much best friends before we got together. Whatever. Lol.

Delete her number from your phone (even if you have it memerized it helps). Force yourself not to call her for a week. Then after a week give her the quick hey whats up call. But don't get too chatty, just be breezy. Then it will become easier and easier not to call. And who knows, people always want what they can't have. You never know, she may come running back to you if you cut yourself off from her.

Hannahrain
08-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I will also require doctor's proof of one cootie screening within the past year that has yielded negative results.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Do you drive? my car's in the shop.

marooko
08-19-2008, 01:12 PM
you work for Kaiser, Hannah?

TomAz
08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
http://courses.gdeyoung.com/pages/encryption/kaiser_wilhelm.jpg

Hannahrain
08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Say what you want, but he filled out all the forms and had eight glowing references.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Do you drive? my car's in the shop.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that line.

BROKENDOLL
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Dude, that's not only unfunny but it lacks creativity. I mean you got desperate by adding on "debilitated parasitic twins" but for christ sake, it doesn't even make any god damned sense you fool. Go ahead and read it back. You say if we had single interesting thing to say then you wuld have to come up with new material. Go smoke a joint and write stuff down before you type it and maybe it will be half as interesting as our AOL chatroom conversation. Whoa, this is the AOL chatroom? I thought it was The Jerry Springer Show! My bad.

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Delete her number from your phone (even if you have it memerized it helps). Force yourself not to call her for a week. Then after a week give her the quick hey whats up call. But don't get too chatty, just be breezy. Then it will become easier and easier not to call. And who knows, people always want what they can't have. You never know, she may come running back to you if you cut yourself off from her.

That's pretty sound advice. As trite and gay as it might sound, I'll be kicking my best friend out of my life. But I'm looking out for myself. If we're really as tight as we think we are, we'll pick up right where we left off after a break.

BROKENDOLL
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM

great, now you've summoned BROKENDOLL, tom. Silly you, Ivy...Hope I'm not too late! Boy, I could sure handle some scrambled egg right about now! You can hang on to that anal thingy though.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
That's pretty sound advice. As trite and gay as it might sound, I'll be kicking my best friend out of my life. But I'm looking out for myself. If we're really as tight as we think we are, we'll pick up right where we left off after a break.

It works everytime. And by the time she comes back you may not even want her anymore. Although I am all talk and my friends seem to think I am more invested in this thing with my ex then I should be. But I can't help that I like hanging out with him and sleeping next to him. Just as long as I know he is a lieing cheating male whore I am fine.

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
It works everytime. And by the time she comes back you may not even want her anymore. Although I am all talk and my friends seem to think I am more invested in this thing with my ex then I should be. But I can't help that I like hanging out with him and sleeping next to him. Just as long as I know he is a lieing cheating male whore I am fine.

A big difference with me and you is you get to sleep with him and he clearly wronged you. She didn't wrong me in any way other than she couldn't be with me (which I don't blame her, PM me if you even care to know why lol). And we haven't slept together in weeks. The thought of her with another guy makes me ill. Hopefully this upcoming break does the trick.

Roadkillhighway951
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
do nice guys finish last cause i seem to get no play from the girls

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
yes unfortunatly some of us have this thing for the bad boys. not sure why. bleh

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I wish I had your problem Loca

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
4 years in the making too...we took our time.

i think by the time i get married to my fiance we will have been engaged for 3 years... dammit, beat me.

Roadkillhighway951
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
yes unfortunatly some of us have this thing for the bad boys. not sure why. bleh

yeah i have wondered about whats up with that

TommyboyUNM
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Being nice isn't the same thing as having game. I'm a nice guy, but I know I can't be at my optimal niceness when I'm trying to get a woman to be more than friends with me. Of course, I go from one shit situation to another. So WTF do I know. Haha.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM

no you don't, it's a pain in the ass. and being emotionally unattached sucks ballz. I miss the days of being giddy and believing in happily ever after. puke.

marooko
08-19-2008, 01:56 PM

allyjoy, what team are you on?

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
nice guys tend to finish rather quickly ;)

seriously though, girls like nice guys. it's boring doormats we tend to avoid. also, how hot/endowed you are tends to throw all the nice/bad boy stuff out the window. though it doesn't mean we'll keep you around forever, it just means we're more likely to give you a chance. shallow, but true.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
yeah i have wondered about whats up with that

there are a ton of theorys on it. some being the thrill of the chase, getting the ungettable, turning the bad boy into a nice guy (although then we don't want them anymore). And I am not speaking for all girls, there are many girls who love the nice boys, I wish I was one of them. But I have actually stopped dating guys who were too nice. It was boring. I like to go out, have fun, shoot pool, dance and be silly. Nice guys tend to like to stay home and watch movies and hold hands and gaze longingly. Yuck.

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Loca, we're going to have to find you a new breed of nice guys. The guys I know like to go out and be silly.

marooko
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
some of the things in this thread are just fucking crazy. im digging it.

he wasn't nice enough.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Loca, we're going to have to find you a new breed of nice guys. The guys I know like to go out and be silly.

did I also mention I have a thing for tattoo'd and pierced men? bald with goatees too. That narrows down the choices even further lol.

captncrzy
08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I was hoping we might be able to go out sometime, but I'm going to need you to sign here [x], initial here [x], fill out this bubble-form about your personality traits, ex-partners, and medical history, and read these terms and conditions. It would also behoove you to study the graph that indicates average amount spent on dinner (x) and what base you can generally expect to get to if things go well (y). I'll also need copies of your birth certificate, passport, any auto-club membership cards you might have, and access to all your transcripts from any institute of higher learning you may have attended, as well as three references that are not related to you.

Plus a social security number to run a credit check.

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
hannah would be a perfect candidate to date my friends. when i went to cali with my friends and was first meeting randy, they required a copy of his driver's license and an interview before they'd let me leave with him. hannah would be their perfect candidate for marriage!!! :rotfl

Hannahrain
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't want to date your friends. I don't even want to date my friends.

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't want to date your friends. I don't even want to date my friends.

see, and now they want you even more with all that hard-to-get stuff. i'll try to let them down gently...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
i think by the time i get married to my fiance we will have been engaged for 3 years... dammit, beat me.

lolz, we were engaged for 3 years funny enough.

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 02:16 PM
ahh, 4 years in the making meant you'd been together for 4 years... now i get it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:19 PM
ahh, 4 years in the making meant you'd been together for 4 years... now i get it.

it will be 5 years together in Feb. We lived together a long time which is something I think a couple SHOULD do. People are different when you live with them.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
yes, i agree. it isn't until you live with them that you realize they like to sit on the toilet taking a shit smoking a joint and watching tv while having a conversation with you at the same time. EW

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
yes, i agree. it isn't until you live with them that you realize they like to sit on the toilet taking a shit smoking a joint and watching tv while having a conversation with you at the same time. EW

WTF? Now most men do use the toilet to collect themselves mentally. But all that is just too much.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I love that Marco responded to that.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm tempted to start a Worst Thread Ever thread.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
use that fabulous star rating system.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
There. One star.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
or maybe I'll start an incest thread. It'll attract these inbreds like moths to the porchlight.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I love that Marco responded to that.

Does you hubby not use the Toilet to collect himself?

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Does you hubby not use the Toilet to collect himself?
I'd rather not know. But probably.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
unless he has a mans room aka the garage.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I'd rather not know. But probably.

newspaper or magazine + toilet = relaxation.

TomAz
crossword puzzle books are good too

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
unless he has a mans room aka the garage.

I am a pussy when it comes to manual labor. I can't fix anything to save my life. My wife gave me a "computer room".

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
This thread is really going to the toilet.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
This thread is really going to the toilet.

Hey-o!

locachica73
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
do you have any neon beer signs or naked women opening beer cans with their breasts calandars? if so it's a mans room.

Donaldj
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Interesting read. I agree with everything on that list actually. Some of them took me awhile to personally figure out too.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
do you have any neon beer signs or naked women opening beer cans with their breasts calandars? if so it's a mans room.

jesus, you making me feel insecure. I don't have any of those things and I barely drink as it is.

Wheres the beef?
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I gotz merried already!

I'm sorry.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry.

Why? She has gone to 4 coachellas with me and it was her idea to do APW as our honeymoon.

faxman75
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm amazed this thread has made it this far. It was a rocky start.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm amazed this thread has made it this far. It was a rocky start.

I was surprised too. I think it had alot to do with all those pics that Tom posted.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:41 PM
sure blame the fat guy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:41 PM
sure blame the fat guy.

no blame at all, the pics were fantastic.

downingthief
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
sure blame the fat guy.

But, you DO get the avatar of the day award.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
my old avatar was too subtle.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
no blame at all, the pics were fantastic.

yes they were.

but keeping this thread alive is nothing to be proud of.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
yes they were.

but keeping this thread alive is nothing to be proud of.

oh come one. We have kept worst threads alive.

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Is it David Byrne and Jack Johnson....?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM

seriously?

downingthief
08-19-2008, 02:51 PM

Oh, Amy...

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
(I had to ask. oh well)

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Amy. the gentleman sitting with Mr. Byrne is a Mr. Eno, lately of London. He has made a number of meaningful contributions to modern music in the past several decades.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Amy. the gentleman sitting with Mr. Byrne is a Mr. Eno of London. He has made a number of meaningful contributions to modern music in the past several decades.

Does he ever bother performing live anymore? A buddy of mine was stoked because he thought that David Byrne was performing with him on the upcoming tour.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
not that I am aware of, no

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Amy. the gentleman sitting with Mr. Byrne is a Mr. Eno, lately of London. He has made a number of meaningful contributions to modern music in the past several decades.
Well goddamnit, I got one right! I have no idea what Brian Eno looks like.

fatbastard
He's bald.

amyzzz
(I was actually thinking maybe the one I got right was Jack Johnson--hehe)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM

the man is a god though....I have no idea what he looks like anymore...

amyzzz
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
He's bald.
I can't really tell from that pic. It's so small. And guys can shave their heads.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
(I was actually thinking maybe the one I got right was Jack Johnson--hehe)

maybe if JJ worked with Eno he would make some music that sounded interesting...

fatbastard
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I can't really tell from that pic. It's so small. And guys can shave their heads.

Oh trust me, he's balder than an eagle. He has a hair band going around his head at most.

Donaldj
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
http://nfccomic.com/comics/183.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
nice comic...now we needz some 80'z muzik....

thestripe
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Does he ever bother performing live anymore? A buddy of mine was stoked because he thought that David Byrne was performing with him on the upcoming tour.

That was rumored. Turned out to be false, Byrne is going out on tour playing music by the both of them.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 03:13 PM
1973:

http://creativetechnology.salford.ac.uk/fuchs/modules/input_output/Pop/images/B_Eno75.jpg

2006:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Brian_Eno_Long_Now_Foundation_2006.jpg/520px-Brian_Eno_Long_Now_Foundation_2006.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
i'd still do him.

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:18 PM
sure blame the fat guy.

Don't you mean "phat" guy?...cause that's what you are.

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 03:20 PM
None of my ex's talk to me. Then again, if you dated me, wouldn't that shame you too? *ba-dum-tsch*

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
None of my ex's talk to me. Then again, if you dated me, wouldn't that shame you too? *ba-dum-tsch*

maybe they got lost in the fro.

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
someone's feeling pretty punny today...

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Pretty Punny? Is she single?

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Nah, it's just that the internet is such an anger-ridden place that you don't come across self-deprecating humor all too much because it puts you in a place of weakness.

Bud Luster
08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
True love means going down...

PassiveTheory
08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
On both knees?

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
True love means going down...

...to stinky town.

Just going for the rhyme here ladies. i am aware good hygiene and diet can help with certain feminine (and masculine) issues.

Bud Luster
08-19-2008, 03:33 PM
nah, one of yall can stand on a chair or something. Ergonomic head is just as good...

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
nah, one of yall can stand on a chair or something. Ergonomic head is just as good...

But not as relaxing.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
"ergonomic head" just made me spit water on my keyboard.

Wheres the beef?
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
He's got a point. If you aren't in a comfortable spot it can be tough on the neck/back.

Hannahrain
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
"ergonomic head" just made me spit water on my keyboard.

Maybe you should leave the multitasking to the professionals, then.

Hannahrain
08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
That joke was beneath me.

ivankay
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM

That's what she said.

TomAz
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM

It could stand on a chair.

Young blood
08-19-2008, 05:19 PM
1. STFU the game is on.
2. Since you was up.....you know what to do.
3. "I bought you a watch for your birthday, its over the stove"
4. Listen for key words.
5. I bought you, I own you.
6. It puts the lotion on the skin.

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 05:30 PM
1. STFU the game is on.
2. Since you was up.....you know what to do.
3. "I bought you a watch for your birthday, its over the stove"
4. Listen for key words.
5. I bought you, I own you.
6. It puts the lotion on the skin.

LMAO!!!

boarderwoozel3
08-19-2008, 05:35 PM
...to stinky town.

Just going for the rhyme here ladies. i am aware good hygiene and diet can help with certain feminine (and masculine) issues.

Awesome!

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
You guys want to know the secret to a good relationship??? do ya?? ok... let me tell you.

There are two key things you have to have....

1. The ability to read situations for what they are.

2. A big penis.

I wont explain why or get into more details unless asked.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
i think we already covered the big penis portion of the conversation.

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 05:57 PM
ohh whoops ive only read the first 2 pages. just got into work.

locachica73
08-19-2008, 06:02 PM
it might have been in the other thread though. im confused.

bluemamba
08-19-2008, 06:25 PM

seriously though, girls like nice guys. it's boring doormats we tend to avoid. also, how hot/endowed you are tends to throw all the nice/bad boy stuff out the window. though it doesn't mean we'll keep you around forever, it just means we're more likely to give you a chance. shallow, but true.

Not in my case. I finish last in the right situations :thu You just gotta run into the right one.

And theyre the ones that cheat and beat on you too.

Keep being a nice guy man. Theres not too many around now days. Just make sure you deliver when it counts :winkiss

crossword puzzle books are good too

haha Thats always a good ice breaker

newspaper or magazine + toilet = relaxation.

Now we're talkin

Why? She has gone to 4 coachellas with me and it was her idea to do APW as our honeymoon.

Thats a keeper you got there. Congrats

Why would you want to talk to your exs for??

it might have been in the other thread though. im confused.

lol

keep2thestreets
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Don't fall victim to Norman Rockwell paintings

Why does everyone hate on Norman Rockwell ?

Heresy
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Why does everyone hate on Norman Rockwell ?

Hi sean :) *waves*

keep2thestreets
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi sean :) *waves*

hi there ^^

SoulDischarge
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Far left:
http://tachyonic.net/roxy/pics/roxy_band0.jpg

PassiveTheory
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
I miss Roxy Music.

PineapplePete
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
sorry to uncover this thread but i didn't want to make another for my gripes.

is it a bad idea to send my ex flowers on valentines day purely as a friendly thing and to let her know i've been thinking about her and care about her?

we dated for a year and half and i broke up with her because i felt that the relationship had run its course. also, part of me felt that i was only staying in the relationship out of a feeling of obligation. like i was being pressured into staying with her when i didn't really know if i wanted to or not. i was moving away soon and it just seemed like the right thing to do.

we've been broken up for about 6 months but it's only the past month that we haven't had any sort of contact. in the past month i've really been regretting leaving her and miss her a lot. i don't want to get back with her just yet. i care about her too much to get her hopes up and then leave her again when my stupid 19-year-old mind tells me to. i don't want to do the on-again-off-again routine because she's better than that. i know that she would get back together with me though.

so knowing this, is sending her flowers on valentines day a bad call? like a dozen yellow roses or something...

BlackSwan
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes. It is a bad call. You say you don't want to get her hopes up, so doesn't send her flowers.

suprefan
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Devin would have an answer for this. Post it in that thread!

BlackSwan
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
He clearly wants an answer that isn't from a retard. Good choice.

suprefan
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
He clearly wants an answer that isn't from a retard. Good choice.

I think he does. Its the only way to actually realize that even thinking of sending the flowers was bad to begin with.

BlackSwan
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
How much effort does it take for you to not sound this stupid in person?

PineapplePete
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
note taken...

what's a devin?

J~$$$$
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM

is it a bad idea to send my ex flowers on valentines day purely as a friendly thing and to let her know i've been thinking about her and care about her?

we dated for a year and half and i broke up with her because i felt that the relationship had run its course. also, part of me felt that i was only staying in the relationship out of a feeling of obligation. like i was being pressured into staying with her when i didn't really know if i wanted to or not. i was moving away soon and it just seemed like the right thing to do.

we've been broken up for about 6 months but it's only the past month that we haven't had any sort of contact. in the past month i've really been regretting leaving her and miss her a lot. i don't want to get back with her just yet. i care about her too much to get her hopes up and then leave her again when my stupid 19-year-old mind tells me to. i don't want to do the on-again-off-again routine because she's better than that. i know that she would get back together with me though.

so knowing this, is sending her flowers on valentines day a bad call? like a dozen yellow roses or something...

Hi Pete,

Thanks for asking. I say go for it, get red roses and deliver them to him personally. I think he will be happy to see you again.

<3,

J$

suprefan
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
How much effort does it take for you to not sound this stupid in person?

IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET, I CAN SOUND HOWEVER I LIKE. (and you should know better)

weeklymix
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't think flowers to an ex sends any sort of message other than you're interested again.

BlackSwan
02-01-2011, 09:40 PM
IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET, I CAN SOUND HOWEVER I LIKE. (and you should know better)

I do know better... That was the point.

manda panda
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM

Just send a card with what you have to say in it, that way there's no confusion on the message you're trying to give

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
do you actively want a relationship with this person and are you willing to fight for that?

if the answer to that is no, do not do anything for her for valentine's day whatsoever. that just sends mixed signals and will get her hopes up, like blackswan said. plus, she'll over analyze every aspect of whatever you do and when you ultimately decide not to pursue a relationship, she'll be pissed at you.

if you miss her company & friendship, there's no problem with reaching out and saying hi to see how things are going. do not though talk about how much you regret leaving her if you do not want a relationship. you're just going to depress her. keep it about being friends again.

my first love just loves to come around every so often to talk about what an idiot he was and it always sends my heart into a tizzy. it doesn't even mean i want to get back with him, it just confuses me and kinda depresses me. so keep it about being friends and that's it.

Premium Roast
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
relationships = only one way to hash out our differences and thatís over a cup of coffee and some good conversation and knowing we can work it out and that everything will be fine between us

:thu

hawkingvsreeve
02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Jesus christ.

PineapplePete
02-03-2011, 08:52 AM
thanks guys <3

tessalasset
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Pineapple! Welcome back!

miscorrections
02-03-2011, 08:55 AM