PDA

View Full Version : Shields Date Farm

M Sparks
08-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Anthony Bourdain went to that date farm with the big knight in front that's down the street from the polo fields. It was on the southwest road trip episode.

If you were ever curious about that "Sex Life Of A Date" sign but never went in, keep an eye out for the rerun on Travel Channel.

frozen pilgrim
08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
this was an episode of no reservations?

canexplain
08-13-2008, 06:44 AM
i'll be glad when there are some new episodes, they all seem to be reruns ... i like the bald guy too that travels all over eating extreme foods ..x****

frozen pilgrim
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I love both the food and travel channels

anthony bourdain's actually a great writer- I'm currently reading 'the nasty bits'

my girlfriend is a huge fan of his- he's one of the reasons she's become a successful chef

nahuatldream
08-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Anthony Bourdain went to that date farm with the big knight in front that's down the street from the polo fields. It was on the southwest road trip episode.

If you were ever curious about that "Sex Life Of A Date" sign but never went in, keep an eye out for the rerun on Travel Channel.

I grew up in Coachella, and when I was a kid, I always wondered about that sign. Once I was old enough, I figured it out. I've never been inside that place, but drove by it tons of times. I miss the Valley.

M Sparks
08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
this was an episode of no reservations?

Yeah, I was out of town for two weeks, so I don't know if this was this weeks or last weeks... I just watched it on the DVR. He went to the Salton Sea as well. The last ten minutes, he's just hanging out with Ted Nugent, which was equally frightening and hilarious.

Oh, and he went to the 72oz steak place in Texas.

M Sparks
08-13-2008, 09:44 AM
i'll be glad when there are some new episodes, they all seem to be reruns ...

Ron, it's in new episodes right now. Next week is Spain I think. I saw a really good Columbian one a few weeks ago, and I think I saw Saudi Arabia on the DVR.

frozen pilgrim
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
shit I gotta start DVR-ing this shit
or mayybe free up some hard drive space for torrents

M Sparks
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Luca, do you have the same Travel Channel up there? The new episodes might not be on yet. I know Food Network is different there.