PDA

View Full Version : a place to look for indie rock/new music?

unitedwestand
08-12-2008, 08:30 PM
hello all!
i was just wondering is there a place that lists all the new indie rock bands or new bands that are out like right now, in a alphabetical list perhaps? It doesn't matter if they are popular or not, only good. I'm talking along the lines of Vampire Weekend, MGMT, those kind of bands. Anyone have any ideas?

Young blood
08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Your local library!

Its full of useful information.

miscorrections
08-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I would say that "only good" disqualifies both Vampire Weekend and MGMT. You know, it's ok to listen to things that aren't KROQ.

suprefan
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
hello all!
i was just wondering is there a place that lists all the new indie rock bands or new bands that are out like right now, in a alphabetical list perhaps? It doesn't matter if they are popular or not, only good. I'm talking along the lines of Vampire Weekend, MGMT, those kind of bands. Anyone have any ideas?

you mean the ones Pitchfork highlights for about 6 months then slams when the next ''indide darling'' comes around?

tessalasset
08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
you should just stick around this board; you'll hear em all.

Pixiessp
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
good advice. I've learned about so many bands here.

kroqken
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
NME jumps on some of them early, so does Filter, Under the Radar and Magnet Magazines. Following the trendy foks in SIlverlake and Echo Park can lead to some new bands.