PDA

View Full Version : Hindsight is 20/20

eldudearino
08-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Who are some bands that you weren't familiar with at Coachella but like now and wish you would have seen?

For myself, the biggest one is Cut Copy. I caught their last 2 songs while waiting for Dan lesac vs. Scroobius Pip but now that I have their newest album I really wish I'd have seen it all.

Also The Shout Out Louds, Sia and Duffy. Although, I would have only caught a few minutes of Sia as there was no way I'd leave My Morning Jacket early.

JebusLives
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Yup. Cut/Copy. I think I saw the Breeders instead...

woogie846
08-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Amy Winehouse would've been awesome to see.

Memorial_07
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Amy Winehouse would've been awesome to see.

I just want to see her stumble around like the junkie she is.

zenidogx
08-12-2008, 09:38 PM
she wasnt as bad in 07 as she is now. she was tipsy, but her voice was still amazing.

PrettyRagdoll
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
she wasnt as bad in 07 as she is now. she was tipsy, but her voice was still amazing.

Agreed, she had obviously had a few drinks and missed her autograph signing because she was "late arriving to the festival"... But she still sounded great.

As for Duffy.... I caught the end of her set, waiting for CSS this weekend at APW and well... she's even worse live.

Pixiessp
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
I missed Santogold and I am really sorry I did.

frozen pilgrim
08-13-2008, 05:35 AM
I thought amy sucked last year.

decent jazz singers are a dime a dozen in this town, and that's all she is.
her band was pretty decent, but she was awful, and her hair was worse.

sbessiso
08-13-2008, 05:36 AM
I don't think I'm ever going to forgive myself for missing depeche mode in 06. I just didn't know them like I :pulse them now!

mittens4kittens
08-13-2008, 07:32 AM
really would've liked to see santogold, SMD, Chromeo, Yelle... Conflicts, conflicts, conflicts...

drowningmatt
08-13-2008, 07:39 AM
I wish i would have watched santogold and yelle as well. chromeo was good but smd was awesome.

PC-2 Violence
08-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought amy sucked last year.

decent jazz singers are a dime a dozen in this town, and that's all she is.
her band was pretty decent, but she was awful, and her hair was worse.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/Salcopy.png

whynotsmile99
08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
i love abe vigoda.

i'm sure santagold will be back next year. I wanted to see her too, but too many conflicts. A lot of people were pissed they missed her.

PC-2 Violence
08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't think I'm ever going to forgive myself for missing depeche mode in 06. I just didn't know them like I :pulse them now!

I dont know what to make of this but I like it for a reason unknown to myself.

luveebunni08
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
'04 - i would have gone the second day. stupid scheduling mess.
'05 - miss kitten, zap mama, bright eyes, stereophonics, arcade fire.
'06 - imogen heap, eagles of death metal, scissor sisters, the go! team, infadels, gnarls barkley.
'07 - amy winehouse, lily allen, gotan project, the roots.
'08 - datarock.

for the most part i see all i want to see. there were probably some good reasons as to why i missed the bands listed above but looking back over the posters those are bands i would categorize as "i'm probably never going to see them outside coachella" or "i should have seen them THAT year instead of when i did."

PC-2 Violence
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Im sure this is old news but..

Did you know Modeselektor played THIS (http://www.zshare.net/audio/169905529c9edd5a/) track right before Roger Waters started to take the stage?

I dont really think I missed as much from 2008 as I did in 2007.

I also saw some Depeche Mode in 2006 and still got to the Sahara before takeoff.

someone
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Depeche Mode in 06 was horrible, no one should be upset they missed them.

I wish I had gone to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings this year. The Verve underwhelmed me.

Memorial_07
08-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Depeche Mode in 06 was horrible, no one should be upset they missed them.

I wish I had gone to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings this year. The Verve underwhelmed me.

People are probably upset because they just wanted to see them in person.

And I don't know about you but the Verve were really good this year

someone
08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I didn't find the Verve horrible per se, but I wasn't overly impressed with them either. I was just disappointed. I ended up leaving them a little early and caught the end of Sharon Jones and my husband said they were incredible, wished I had caught the whole show.

chairmenmeow47
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
i wish i would have known who four tet was in 05 i think it was, i'm bummed i missed that.

i'm also sad i missed the basement jaxx, but i'm glad i was at the cure. it sounded like a fun set though.

Memorial_07
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I didn't find the Verve horrible per se, but I wasn't overly impressed with them either. I was just disappointed. I ended up leaving them a little early and caught the end of Sharon Jones and my husband said they were incredible, wished I had caught the whole show.

I only watched like 15-20 minutes of the Verve, I just wish I could've seen more but I went to see Serj.

flowbee
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
If I could go back I would have stayed for The Raconteurs. Wasn't all that familiar with them until after Coachella and now I like their new album. I was just walking around during their performance.

I probably would have tried to catch the first part Santogold but there were plenty of conflicts during her timeslot.

Also, I was just chilling out in the shade tent when Does It Offend You Yeah? was playing. I would have got a good position in the Gobi for that show knowing what I know now.

IlliniQ
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM

Sharon Jones was simply amazing...there were a few other acts I caught that might have topped or matched her set (Prince, Portishead, MMJ, Roger Waters, National (who were five times better at Coachella than any other time I've seen them), Akron Family), but only Prince in last year's line-up topped SJ for sheer showmanship...Just an amazing Stage Presence and bands don't come any tighter than the Dap Kings.

menikmati
08-29-2008, 08:47 PM
i wish i would have known who four tet was in 05 i think it was, i'm bummed i missed that.

i'm also sad i missed the basement jaxx, but i'm glad i was at the cure. it sounded like a fun set though.

Four Tet was great. He needs to play again.

Boourns
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM

I had been wanting to see Depeche Mode for decades and left their set early and disappointed :(

I wish i would have watched santogold and yelle as well. chromeo was good but smd was awesome.

Best sig ever.

drowningmatt
08-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Best sig ever.

It will happen sir. It must.

drugks Gillespie
08-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Making the right moves at Coachella is a very personal thing. Some choices will never be understood by others. This is the beauty of the festival. I had only ever been happy with myself and my decisions until this year. I moved around too much trying to see everything. You have to make decisions and let some things go. Personally I wish I would have withstood the urge and the call of the Sahara this year stayed with Roger Waters for DSOTM. After finishing Modeselektor's awesome set I headed for R.W. and caught a few songs, saw the pig and some pyrotechnics but for some reason the dance tent drew me back in for fear of missing something incredible. All said and done Chromeo and SMD were fun but I think I was supposed to see DSOTM.

quicksand
08-31-2008, 12:49 AM
My only regret as of now from '08 was missing The National.

In '07 however, I regret missing Ratatat, Grizzly Bear, DJ Mehdi, Justice, MSTRKRFT, and trading my close spot at DJ Shadow for a spot far off in the grass.

Xenocide
08-31-2008, 04:34 AM
Black Mountain...

but come on...

bmack86
09-01-2008, 12:15 AM
7Db8dsStSL4

betao
09-01-2008, 12:29 AM
i'm a bit ticked about missing animal collective now...

but i'll take a 3rd row spot for Kraftwerk to Portishead to Prince over AC any day.

PC-2 Violence
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I wish I would have skipped Chromeo and spent more time at SMD. I prob walked back and forth from Waters a good three times. Chromeo, SMD, Modeselektor.

What does everyone think of DSOTS?

Sonicifyouwantit
09-01-2008, 10:53 AM

they've only been around for almost 3 decades...bit late to the party. Don't be too hard on your self. Their set in 06 was just so so, it was all about DP that year.

betao
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I wish I would have skipped Chromeo and spent more time at SMD. I prob walked back and forth from Waters a good three times. Chromeo, SMD, Modeselektor.

What does everyone think of DSOTS?

I did the exact same thing. I started out at Modeselektor, but wasn't feeling it. So I left to go watch the first 30 minutes of Waters, and then left and came back just as SMD was coming on. But I started to miss Waters almost instantly, so I went back to Waters and stayed till he started DSOTM. I then went over to the tent as Chromeo started, and managed to make into the middle of the tent and find my friend. We stayed for a bit of Justice, but left early because it was way too crowded (and annoying frat kids near us).

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I didn't see all of Portishead. Caught a bit over half but still.

Should have gone to Kraftwerk or M.I.A.

In 07 I missed Gogol. I was right there but just wasn't really into them at the time like I am now, saw Bjork. Oh well, 5 gogol shows later... but their Lolla after show at the Metro was what live music should be, epic.

PC-2 Violence
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I did the exact same thing. I started out at Modeselektor, but wasn't feeling it. So I left to go watch the first 30 minutes of Waters, and then left and came back just as SMD was coming on. But I started to miss Waters almost instantly, so I went back to Waters and stayed till he started DSOTM. I then went over to the tent as Chromeo started, and managed to make into the middle of the tent and find my friend. We stayed for a bit of Justice, but left early because it was way too crowded (and annoying frat kids near us).

Can you explain why Modeselektor makes me want to jump up and dance my ass off but yet when I watched them at Coachella they were underwhelming? Even now I listen to some of the same tracks they played at Coachella and for some reason I know that they would still be underwhelming in a tent yet I love it.

PC-2 Violence
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I want to add that Kraftwerk was a great full set to watch and dont feel one bit bad about staying for the whole thing beginning to end. I would say that it is probably one of the only whole sets I have watched in the last three years at Coachella besides Tool and DP.

betao
09-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Can you explain why Modeselektor makes me want to jump up and dance my ass off but yet when I watched them at Coachella they were underwhelming? Even now I listen to some of the same tracks they played at Coachella and for some reason I know that they would still be underwhelming in a tent yet I love it.

Well I had never heard any music by them in the first place, so I was just giving them a shot to see what they were like. I was looking forward to it too because I had heard so many good things.

I tried to get into it, but couldn't.

Kraftwerk was unbelievable.

PC-2 Violence
09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Well I had never heard any music by them in the first place, so I was just giving them a shot to see what they were like. I was looking forward to it too because I had heard so many good things.

I tried to get into it, but couldn't.

Kraftwerk was unbelievable.

Agreed. How do you feel about whole sets betao?

It has taken me years to discover that sometimes seeing 15 mins of everything is not always as good as seeing 45 mins of a great band.

Sometimes the most epic things happen within a 5 min window, in the last 10 minutes of a set.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 01:04 PM

It has taken me years to discover that sometimes seeing 15 mins of everything is not always as good as seeing 45 mins of a great band.

Sometimes the most epic things happen within a 5 min window, in the last 10 minutes of a set.

Totally agree. You can't do an artist justice if you're basing an opinion on a 15 min window from an 45-100 minute performance.

sbessiso
09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
even though their performance got a bad review from some of you boardies, I need to repeat myself and say, I will never forgive myself for missing depeche mode

flowbee
09-02-2008, 01:29 PM
even though their performance got a bad review from some of you boardies, I need to repeat myself and say, I will never forgive myself for missing depeche mode

Pretty much, I don't think I can forgive myself for missing 2006 period.

PC-2 Violence
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Pretty much, I don't think I can forgive myself for missing 2006 period.

Yeah it was a great year. Ppl leave out the Yeah Yeah Yeah's dusk smoke filled diffused sunset performance. Gnarls Barkley's (first U.S.?) performance. Carl Cox. Madonna sahara fiasco. Surprise Kanye West performance? Just some really off the wall stuff.

sbessiso
09-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I was a freshly 18 year old then, didnt have TOO many shows under my belt. 06 was my first festival. yeah yeah yeah's performance changed my life, i still have that image of karen o deepthroating that mic burned in my brain. almost getting heatstroke waiting for kanye, but magically healing once he came on (i loved his set). Didnt see Gnarls but I got to meet franz ferdinand and got their album on vinyl autographed (!!). everyone talking shit about not wanting to see madge then the entire festival RUSHING over to catch her. skipping tool to see my loves scissor sisters, snagged a front row spot and had my life changed again.

if only, if only I did the research, if only i just LISTENED to violator, why oh why did it take me so long to discover the genius of depeche mode....im fine im fine, i will be alright

betao
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM

I agree, but only to an extent. When I got home, I tried to get into Modeselektor again but couldn't. It's just not for me. Who knows, maybe i'll try one last time and catch them again if they play coachella or something.

I went to watch Roger Waters after maybe 20 mins of Modeselektor. To be completely honest, I have never given Pink Floyd a real listen. I have heard some of the more popular songs (another brick in the wall, wish you were here), but never dug deeper.

So I went in to see him with no real expectations, and I was completely floored. I stayed for about 30 minutes then went back to go see SMD, but as soon as SMD started, I said to myself "wait, THE Roger Waters is playing right now - I have to see this over SMD". I came back and saw the last few songs he did before he started DSOTM.

It was just something about that atmosphere - I was watching from the back towards the center, and the crowd where I was perfect. They were cheering at the right times during songs and everything. Their performance of "Leaving Beirut" almost made me cry, the entire moment was just that powerful. And then of course there was the pig, which I thought was just really cool.

For me, it was just something that I had to be there to see and experience. If Waters ever does a DSOTM tour again, I will definitely be at the nearest show.

Memorial_07
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM

Yup. Sometimes only great shows can last for a very short while in a band's set.
But only on rare occasions can I ever watch a band's full set and be totally enthralled with their show.

psycobetabuckdown
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I regret not noticing the pig. Yes, I was there the entire time and never saw the pig. How does one miss I gigantic pink inflatable pig floating over a well-lit stage? I don't know. I was tired and lied down part of the time.

dontfeedthebird
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I should have seen Yelle. :(

unknown
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I wish I had stayed for all of Kraftwerk instead of running over to catch MIA. I saw her at Vegoose and could've just seen her at some small venue instead of her horrible performance in the sahara...

wish my shrooms kicked in before SMD instead of Chromeo... SMD killed.

MarkO
10-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Missing a good spot for Rage or seeing Teddybears in order to see the train wreck that was The Happy Mondays will always be a regret of mine. Frickin' Shaun Ryder.

Parenthetical Boy
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
MGMT

R41N570RM
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Probably Deadmau5.
MGMT too, but weren't they playing the same time as Boys Noize?
I got to see MGMT at Street Scene though, so it's all good.

dorkfish
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Instead of not watching Justice in 2008 and walking to the parking lot, I should have not watched Justice and walked to the parking lot with my iPod.

Quadromarshia
10-07-2008, 06:15 AM
I wish I would have seen Erol instead of Kate Nash.

paganman7
10-07-2008, 06:23 AM
I regret not having enough energy to get my ass away from the main stage during Death Cab For Cutie. I had to do some internal negotiating: do I stand up and walk away tempting exhaustion, or just stay in this nice cool grass listening to...well, whiny bitchy noise. I chose incorrectly.

music junkie
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Cut Copy

dawnbecameamuse
10-08-2008, 03:47 PM
underestimated fatboy slim's ability and checked professor murder instead; def. fun but a small club band that'll be around. missed MGMT for the 2nd time, despite boys noizes' amazing set i will not make that mistake again. in the 1st aid tent strugglin during cold war kids and have since seen them, confirming my suspicions that my window of opportunity to catch an amazing set of robbers and cowards material has sadly passed me by

BuckWild80
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
the correct answer is "les savy fav"...

sacleonard
11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I spend a lot of time checking out the lineup, so I usually have my weekend planned out. Up until last year, I never had any major conflicts, but Friday's lineup killed me. I ran back and forth, so I didn't miss anything, but I really wish that I had been able to enjoy some of those artists more than I did.

bleep
11-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Friday's lineup killed me. I ran back and forth, so I didn't miss anything, but I really wish that I had been able to enjoy some of those artists more than I did.
same situation here - never had the opportunity to eat, sat down to rest once only for a couple of minutes. my legs were sore the next day from all the standing. hectic, but fun.

rage patton
11-11-2008, 12:35 AM
I wish I would have seen the Avett Brothers in 07. Also, I should watched more than just 3 songs of The Jesus and Mary Chain.

I'm sorry. I still can't get over this.

stinkbutt
11-11-2008, 12:44 AM
I should watched more than just 3 songs of The Jesus and Mary Chain

Please don't tell me this is cause you went to Peeping Tom's mediocre set instead

JSam67
11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I didn't see all of Portishead. Caught a bit over half but still.

How in the world did you not see all of Portishead, bw3? And Kraftwerk was great, too...

My regrets, all due to unfamiliarity rather than conflict (besides Black Mountain):

07: Grizzly Bear, CSS, The Black Keys, LCD Soundsystem
08: Cut Copy, Black Mountain, Santogold

stinkbutt
11-11-2008, 12:53 AM
LCD? wow you win the thread except maybe Randy seeing She Wants Revenge over Daft Punk

JSam67
11-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Bear in mind we all fall behind from time to time...

And also, Chili Peppers were playing, which was a big deal to me then.

stinkbutt
11-11-2008, 12:57 AM
eh it's still RHCP in 07 not 97

JSam67
11-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Sometimes a novice has to find his way via mistakes. I was sort of stuck in '90s grunge at the time, not familiar with new indie music, or the message board. Got a ticket based on wanting to see Rage and RHCP, honestly. Then Arcade Fire changed everything, thankfully.

(I did get to see LCD open for AF later in the year, when I was actually familiar with them, so that was semi-redemptive.)

Sushov23
11-11-2008, 01:20 AM
i love abe vigoda.

i'm sure santagold will be back next year. I wanted to see her too, but too many conflicts. A lot of people were pissed they missed her.

playing at the same time as the Racs was some bullshit. I say that because there was some down time on friday. She should have been mojave in place of Jens Lekman Nothing was really going on at that time. and the people who love Jens Lekman could have seen that while The Racs where on. It's cool though I've seen Santogold twice since Coachella. I agree with you, she will def. be back. She has gotten really popular since then, she could be 3rd line now. Her album is in my top 3 of the year.

indiekid89
11-11-2008, 01:24 AM
junkie xl
black kids
bonde do role
hot chip

indiekid89
11-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Also not seeing OnRepublic like i was going to.
I remember seeing their name and thinking i should see them.
Didn't know why until now :(

satori777
11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Chromeo...

To this day I hate GV for scheduling them during Waters...because I wasn't going to leave that show for anything.

And the Raconteurs...

I wasn't going to miss Aphex for anything. The world could have ended and as long as I had a good spot for AT I was happy.

CalmerThanYou
11-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I bet Randy regrets missing Daft Punk in '06 for DeathCabforCutie (or whoever it was)...

fiopadp7791
12-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I bet Randy regrets missing Daft Punk in '06 for DeathCabforCutie (or whoever it was)...

It was She Wants Revenge he skipped over.

fiopadp7791
12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I regret not seeing Calvin Harris. I love that dude's music now, but I had no idea who he was. I also regret missing SMD.

The final regret was missing first part of Danny Tenaglia's set on Sunday. The last 30 minutes were really good, so it sucks I missed the first part. I mean the dude made "Losing my Religion" sound good. I fucking hate that song!

scoop49er
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
after seeing them at coachella, i dig mstrkrft, the feeling, gogol bordello, kraftwerk, kings of leon, etc

Xenocide
12-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Bands that played too early & thus i missed, but would LOVE to see now:
Midnight Juggernauts
John Butler Trio
The Bird & The Bee
Austin TV
Grand Ole Party
Jupiter's Ring (just because...)

Bands I missed all or most of because of conflicts, but would LOVE to see now:
Black Mountain
Sons & Daughters
Akron/Family
Boys Noize
Aesop Rock
Santogold
Murs
Adam Freeland
Pendulum (fuck the Verve sucked...)

Cancelled acts I'd LOVE to see now-
The (MOTHER-FUCKING!) Bees
Jamie T
The Streets
Adele
Turbonegro

Bands i'd KILL to see again-
Portishead
Aphex Twin
the Swell Season
Bonde Do Role
Rilo Kiley
Gogol Bordello
dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Battles

Acts that should NEVER be allowed to perform at Coachell again-
Jack Johnson
Scars on Broadway
Vampire Weekend
My Morning Jacket
Sean Penn

PC-2 Violence
12-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Chromeo...

To this day I hate GV for scheduling them during Waters...because I wasn't going to leave that show for anything.

And the Raconteurs...

I wasn't going to miss Aphex for anything. The world could have ended and as long as I had a good spot for AT I was happy.

Chromeo sucked and they were a waste of time when they took to the stage 30 mins late.

The Raconteurs sucked too.

Calvin Harris on the other hand...

PC-2 Violence
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I missed The Black Kids.

I love that album.

Meaghetto
12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I wish I would have stuck around longer for MIA. I left Kraftwerk a little early to get a good spot for her and like when I got there, I dunno what happend, some sort of technical problem I guess and it was kinda confusing, I'm only 5'2 I couldn't see anything so I went to go use the bathrooms and waited 15 min for a toliet I refused to use...I went up front to the nice ones, met up with my friends, I guess she did way better when the problem was fixed =(

LooseAtTheZoo
12-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Bands that played too early & thus i missed, but would LOVE to see now:
Midnight Juggernauts
John Butler Trio
The Bird & The Bee
Austin TV
Grand Ole Party
Jupiter's Ring (just because...)

Bands I missed all or most of because of conflicts, but would LOVE to see now:
Black Mountain
Sons & Daughters
Akron/Family
Boys Noize
Aesop Rock
Santogold
Murs
Adam Freeland
Pendulum (fuck the Verve sucked...)

Cancelled acts I'd LOVE to see now-
The (MOTHER-FUCKING!) Bees
Jamie T
The Streets
Adele
Turbonegro

Bands i'd KILL to see again-
Portishead
Aphex Twin
the Swell Season
Bonde Do Role
Rilo Kiley
Gogol Bordello
dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Battles

Acts that should NEVER be allowed to perform at Coachell again-
Jack Johnson
Scars on Broadway
Vampire Weekend
My Morning Jacket
Sean Penn

Midnisht Juggernauts were so-so.
I'm guessing you saw MGMT instead of Boyz Noise? I should have hightailed my ass to the Sahara after MGMTs first song.
What was so great about Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip? I left halfway through for some Spicy Pie.

I'm hoping your hate for MMJ is because you want them to have a longer setlist, not because you hate their music.

Daft Fro
12-06-2008, 09:57 PM
2006:
Missed Imogen Heap & Sigur Ros for TV on the Radio & Ladytron (whom I got to see x2 the same year..)

2007:
Looking back on it, would have rather been in the Gobi watching Cornelius, than the lackluster The GBQ set. And Air was a huge waste of time obviously... I shoulda also saw Ratatat instead of Manu Chao.

2008:
I did awesome in retrospect this year. I probably should have seen Booka Shade or Swervedriver instead of DIOYY?, but the chacid had it's own agendas ;p

Carlo Von Sexron
12-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Daft Punk...there, I said it.
And I wasn't seeing anyone else...I was heading back to the hotel.
How was I suppose to know?! I hadn't listened to them before at that point.

Xenocide
12-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Midnisht Juggernauts were so-so.
I'm guessing you saw MGMT instead of Boyz Noise? I should have hightailed my ass to the Sahara after MGMTs first song.
What was so great about Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip? I left halfway through for some Spicy Pie.

I'm hoping your hate for MMJ is because you want them to have a longer setlist, not because you hate their music.

no, missed all but a couple minutes of Boys Noize to see Bonde do Role... totally worth it, but i wanted to see all of Boys Noize too...

dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip? pure awesomeness... a cover of Prince's 'Cream' and 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' (as well as his kick-ass spoken wurd) were some of the highlights of the entire day

i was really close for the beginning of MMJ (after enjoying Penn's rant), but left in the middle of the first song (my biggest regret was being able to hear 2-3 songs before i could get outta earshot)...

biggest regrets:
-The Verve instead of Pendulum
-left Portishead after 'sour times' to catch Flogging Molly (blashemy!)
-The Black Lips (really disappointing, didn't even play 'veni vidi vici'... i was literally falling asleep)
-waiting for Scars of Broadway to finally take the stage, instead of checking out Cinematic Orchestra or Dwight Yoakam...
-missing the second half of Metric for Sean Penn... ugh.
-left Love & Rockets to catch a song or two by Sons & Daughters (which was WAAY better), but ended up missing 'No New Tale To Tell'... :(
-missing Black Mountain because some moron scheduled them during Roger Waters... DSOTM was totally worth it, but come on...
...and honestly, i wasn't able to get myself into Goldfrapp's set (she shoulda been on the Outdoor after dark), but it enabled me to catch the end of Diplo in the tent (who was melting faces in preparation of Aphex decending from the heavens)...

Xenocide
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
i would have liked to have seen more of Duffy's set... Sons & Daughters too

The Bird & The Bee, but they played WAAAAY too early