PDA

View Full Version : Prince @ Coachella records!

Memorial_07
08-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Can someone send me them?

If anyone has them please private message and I will give you my e-mail address.

Thank You.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2008, 11:16 AM
same here.

suprefan
08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
huh? Prince Coachella records? this would be??? Constrruct a sentence better and if you are referring to ''Prince @ Coachella recordings'' Then sure, look around, there are some on the board to download.

Memorial_07
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
huh? Prince Coachella records? this would be??? Constrruct a sentence better and if you are referring to ''Prince @ Coachella recordings'' Then sure, look around, there are some on the board to download.

Fuck Off.

And if anyone wants the recordings I have them.
PM Me.

gaypalmsprings
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I be down for it. When thems being release?

Memorial_07
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
To Everyone:

I can't send them.
E-mail is being gay.
Try this link.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/prince-purple-storm-in-the-coachella-valley-flac-73908.html

suprefan
08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Fuck Off.

And if anyone wants the recordings I have them.
PM Me.

So why the hell did you even bother making this thread?

faxman75
08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Supre, you really are not very smart are you. He made his request on the 12th, today is the 18th. He found the recordings and is willing to share.

I think most people, animals and some rocks figured that out.

Memorial_07
08-18-2008, 05:04 PM
So why the hell did you even bother making this thread?

To show everyone on the board that the recording of Prince @ Coachella is around.

feather
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
To show everyone on the board that the recording of Prince @ Coachella is around.

Yah thanks!

Memorial_07
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Yah thanks!

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not

feather
08-18-2008, 09:39 PM
No I am serious. Prince is my idol. I am throwing a Purple Rain party in his honor.

Memorial_07
08-18-2008, 11:19 PM
No I am serious. Prince is my idol. I am throwing a Purple Rain party in his honor.

Prince is my idol too.
I don't even own all of his records or know him inside and out, I just idolise him.

And are you throwing the party next year in honor of 25 years since it's release?

braundiggity
08-19-2008, 06:01 AM
This sounds so, so good. Thank you.

feather
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Prince is my idol too.
I don't even own all of his records or know him inside and out, I just idolise him.

And are you throwing the party next year in honor of 25 years since it's release?

Well you just made the party planning even better! I hadn't planned to throw it for that reason, just my undying love in general. Everything at the party will be Purple, including food, drinks, clothing. Purple Rain is going to be played on repeat on the big screen. We have a Prince impersonator who is going to perform his songs "live." A lot of sparkles and glamour to say the least.

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
WTF???

i'm considering flying out just for this party

feather
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
You should! Miranda and I are doing some serious planning, and spending some serious money to ensure a fabulous time.

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 09:46 AM
my new home will be Cali soon enough...

HEADSTRUCK
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
my new home will be Cali soon enough...

i can only hope

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
yeah this way I can keep a closer eye on you. I heard all about the gaybar hanky panky

HEADSTRUCK
08-19-2008, 09:55 AM
yeah this way I can keep a closer eye on you. I heard all about the gaybar hanky panky

haha...what can i say, gay dudes love me!

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Mark is a Gay Icon!

gaypalmsprings
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
When I walked into a music store here in Puerto Rico they were playing Prince's Party Like It's 1999. My first thought was of Coachella. Oh man.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
when are you moving to Cali Salah?

allyjoy
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
You should! Miranda and I are doing some serious planning, and spending some serious money to ensure a fabulous time.

and where the **** is my invite feather? :p

feather
08-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh you all are invited...I don't have the definite date yet, I don't want to rush it. I want to throw it at that house you went to Ally in Long Beach. It would be perfect, each room a different vision of Prince! Get your purple outfits out of the closet...

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
when are you moving to Cali Salah?

No definite date man. All I can say is with fingers crossed, 09 is the year

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM

I might have to go to Hollywood, FL in December for work. So I expected you to take me out for dinner. Hollywood, fl is close to Miami no?

feather
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Yah! Do you want to move here for fun, school, work....?

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I might have to go to Hollywood, FL in December for work. So I expected you to take me out for dinner. Hollywood, fl is close to Miami no?

Close-ish. yeah pretty much actually. Dinner? we'll see, you may have to put out

Yah! Do you want to move here for fun, school, work....?

I'd say a combination of the three with a heavy emphasis on the first and third one

feather
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Make sure you settle in the lower half of Cali, preferably between Orange County and LA...that's where I'll be!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Close-ish. yeah pretty much actually. Dinner? we'll see, you may have to put out

Banging gay guys wasn't a problem before but now the wife might have an issue with it. Hand jobs?

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Prince sucked at Coachella.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Prince sucked at Coachella.

I did enjoy the creep cover though..in my mind him going off after Portishead was just bad timing. I thought Portishead killed all on that day. Prince seemed like a lounge act after them.

Blinken
08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Banging gay guys wasn't a problem before but now the wife might have an issue with it. Hand jobs?

So are TeamCoachella hand jobs replacing the Bowie hand jobs?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 03:13 PM
So are TeamCoachella hand jobs replacing the Bowie hand jobs?

depends on who is asking of course.

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I did enjoy the creep cover though..in my mind him going off after Portishead was just bad timing. I thought Portishead killed all on that day. Prince seemed like a lounge act after them.

I left right when that was about to start. I don't regret it, I just wasn't feeling it. People have overrated this performance. It was good, but seriously for me Portishead, The Verve, The Raconteurs, MMJ,Roger Waters> Prince.

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 07:19 PM
sushov how can you say that?? all the air just escaped my breath. Prince was the closest I came to real life magic. It was there man, I felt it.

And handies are good enough TCHH!

SoulDischarge
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I think the crucial difference between enjoying and not enjoying the Prince show was being close to the stage. As close as we were, I almost felt like I could taste his funky, funky sweat.

sbessiso
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I only looked at the jumbo screen because that camera would do extreme close-ups of his guitar face. other than that, you and I were able to see the stage so clearly. goddammit patrick, what a beautiful night

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 05:12 AM
We were pretty damn close ourselves..but again after Portishead it just wasn't as good...GOOD...but not Amazing...for me...

sbessiso
08-20-2008, 05:13 AM
that statement kills me! Portishead tore our souls apart but Prince put it all back together, and made it a little better too

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 05:18 AM
that statement kills me! Portishead tore our souls apart but Prince put it all back together, and made it a little better too

If it helps I thought the 2nd half was amazing...I just wasn't a fan of the 1st...in reality I was nervous who wasn't going to play at all and just walk around the stage...that is what it seemed like at 1st..

sbessiso
08-20-2008, 05:22 AM
I know what you mean, that anticipation was destroying me. But once morris day and the time came on stage I just knew, it wasn't gunna be Prince but Prince & Friends. I was so ecstatic when he went "Ladies and gentlemen Miss Shiela E!"

He did indeed take some time to really get going, but I guess the difference for me was, all I needed was to see him with my own two eyes. Jesus, he was glowing. He could'e just talked to us or stood there making those hilarious faces and I woulda been content. I was screaming so much, I remember the show in flashes

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 05:22 AM
I know what you mean, that anticipation was destroying me. But once morris day and the time came on stage I just knew, it wasn't gunna be Prince but Prince & Friends. I was so ecstatic when he went "Ladies and gentlemen Miss Shiela E!"

He did indeed take some time to really get going, but I guess the difference for me was, all I needed was to see him with my own two eyes. Jesus, he was glowing. He could'e just talked to us or stood there making those hilarious faces and I woulda been content. I was screaming so much, I remember the show in flashes

where were you? how far back and what side of the stage?

sbessiso
08-20-2008, 05:25 AM
my right side of the stage, umm maybe 20 people from the rail? Like when he threw his towel, I was able to see who caught it. that 20 people thing is a guestimate. I was close, I didn't have to look at the jumbo screens. I was with souldischarge, he may be able to verify.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 05:27 AM
my right side of the stage, umm maybe 20 people from the rail? Like when he threw his towel, I was able to see who caught it. that 20 people thing is a guestimate. I was close, I didn't have to look at the jumbo screens. I was with souldischarge, he may be able to verify.

You probably were across from us then. We were on the other side of the rail.

Memorial_07
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Sbessio, I know you don't like Tool, but I agree with everything that you've said about everyone saying Prince was OK.

I really thought I was going to cry just because I could see him.
And I'm a guy.
Total Spectacle.
Nothing Short of amazing.

Memorial_07
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Well you just made the party planning even better! I hadn't planned to throw it for that reason, just my undying love in general. Everything at the party will be Purple, including food, drinks, clothing. Purple Rain is going to be played on repeat on the big screen. We have a Prince impersonator who is going to perform his songs "live." A lot of sparkles and glamour to say the least.

This is going to be one hell of a party.
And thanks for saying I made the party better!

Let everyone know when this party happens!

thewindowliquor
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM

yeah.. that was me..

and those of you that said Prince was anything less than fucking amazing.. i will be stabbing your eyes out soon enough.

feather
08-20-2008, 11:15 AM

I love this...

faxman75
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I was gonna say the same thing feather. Well said.

I had huge, huge expectations for Prince, just because I have liked him since i was 10 years old. As i got older I liked him for different reasons. I wanted some jamz, I wanted some guitar work and I wanted the hits. He delivered on ALL counts and even brought some freinds along. Unforgetttable. I love the recording as well, it's one of the few boots I actually listen to regularly, the only one I listen to more....Portishead from that night. Just wow!

For both acts I was in front of the sound board against the rail about 15 or so people in front of the board. It was fantastic. Close enough to watch the stage but when tall people were in the way would look up at the screen. Give me that weekend back, i would do it all over and over. Fucking amazing.

SoulDischarge
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Somewhere between 20-30 people probably. Although it was a little difficult to judge distances with all the chemicals floating around in my head. If I had to choose, I'd give the advantage to the Portishead set, but really they worked amazingly well together as yin and yang. And following the incredible Kraftwerk show . . . well shit like that just doesn't happen very often. I'm still trying to recover.

SoulDischarge
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Damn I wish I could go to a Purple Rain party. No one here would be into that kind of thing.

feather
08-20-2008, 11:31 AM
You can roll solo, or come with some PAW members because they will be invited.

Memorial_07
08-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I was gonna say the same thing feather. Well said.

I had huge, huge expectations for Prince, just because I have liked him since i was 10 years old. As i got older I liked him for different reasons. I wanted some jamz, I wanted some guitar work and I wanted the hits. He delivered on ALL counts and even brought some freinds along. Unforgetttable. I love the recording as well, it's one of the few boots I actually listen to regularly, the only one I listen to more....Portishead from that night. Just wow!

For both acts I was in front of the sound board against the rail about 15 or so people in front of the board. It was fantastic. Close enough to watch the stage but when tall people were in the way would look up at the screen. Give me that weekend back, i would do it all over and over. Fucking amazing.

Yup.
I too also have Portishead's set and that along with prince's sounds practically pro.

And I would defintley take the weekend back.
Or just that day.

sbessiso
08-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Sbessio, I know you don't like Tool, but I agree with everything that you've said about everyone saying Prince was OK.

I really thought I was going to cry just because I could see him.
And I'm a guy.
Total Spectacle.
Nothing Short of amazing.

I think this statement proves why we can be great friends

Memorial_07
08-21-2008, 09:08 AM
I think this statement proves why we can be great friends

Of course we can be friends!