PDA

View Full Version : Coachella 09

bertbar
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know if coachella 09 will be on from 4/23 to 4/26 or 5/1 to 5/3?

rage patton
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
No one actually knows yet. It is all speculation.

crazzz2007
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know if coachella 09 will be on from 4/23 to 4/26 or 5/1 to 5/3?

You must not have seen the thread titled "Do we know the dates for Coachella 09?" That's totally understandable though. The thread was only near the top of page 1.

RETARD

slurpee
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I heard festival would be July 2009....

Xenocide
08-23-2008, 03:11 PM
whichever dates Radiohead isn't available for...

Coachellian
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
we are only 4 months away from learning the coachella 09 line up!!!

airguitarvet
09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
this love is taking all my energy...
taking all of my energy.....

gaypalmsprings
09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
best thread ever

Sonicifyouwantit
09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
we are only 4 months away from learning the coachella 09 line up!!!

and three from the dates...damn it. Ive always been so certain when it came to the dates but now the whole may date is throwing me off coupled with the two week earlier rumor.

If anyone catches an early post on any bands myspace page with that two week early date post it please so we can have some confirm of it.

airguitarvet
09-16-2008, 12:22 AM
best thread ever

true dat!

boarderwoozel3
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Hate, hate, hate!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-16-2008, 05:41 PM
I should book a hotel but I don't want to pick the wrong dates.

amyzzz
09-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm not booking until after January 1st, so it doesn't matter to me.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes, I guess your right. It isn't like the prices will change before then.

ArcadeParade
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
nevermind hotel...imagine trying to juggle renting a house!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I really want to camp but the wife is against it.

Courtney
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm with your wife.

rage patton
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
I keep saying I am going to stay in a hotel next year. But I know I am going to end up camping.

amyzzz
09-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I really want to camp but the wife is against it.
I really want to camp but the husband is against it. :thu

emtgreg
09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
when i first read this:

nevermind hotel...imagine trying to juggle renting a house!

my dyslexia saw this:

nevermind hotel...imagine a juggalo renting a house!

and i lol'd

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I really want to camp but the husband is against it. :thu

I'm with your wife.

Imagine how much we would save without the hotel?

frozen pilgrim
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
camping is essential to the experience.
I can't imagine wanting to interrupt the energy that exists in the festival/campground. especially with the lights in the air this year, camping was so surreal and beautiful. it's perfect sleeping temperature, there are next to no bugs, and if you set up your tent and shade right, you really can sleep in as long as you want. and if you're worried about bathrooms and showers, get up nice and early and use the freshly cleaned showers, and go in when the gates open and use the freshly cleaned A/C'd bathroom trailers

Sonicifyouwantit
09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I keep saying I am going to stay in a hotel next year. But I know I am going to end up camping.

I just want to ride the train to indio but not actually camp...

frozen pilgrim
09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
ack!
it's so funny to me that people wanted on-site camping so badly, and GV fought so hard for it, and now so many people are just like "meh... camping is too hot and difficult and icky"

it's a music festival, not a professional's trade show or a DA's convention.
when I went in 07, I only had a tent and a frisbee. no other camping gear, period. no pillows. we bought four cases of bottled water on the way out there. we bummed rides both ways.

it was totally barebones, and it was still such an amazing experience that I had to not only come back this year, but I had to camp again.
and I learned a lot from the setup I tried this year, and next year will be even better!

greghead
09-17-2008, 11:40 AM
As an experienced Coach camper, I will say that sleeping in a bed in an air conditioned room is much better option, though not nearly as fun.

I camped from 04-07, ranging from sleeping in the bed of my truck with just a cooler of beer and water, to dropping a $200 on food, water/drinks, ice/dry ice, and a canopy to make the weekend a bit more comfortable. Each time was an amazing experience, but these days, I'll take my bed and a shower, thanks.

frozen pilgrim
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
sissy

bluemamba
09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Last year me and two friends that came along stayed at a friends house. She lives 1 block from the Polo Fields. She had a lot of people over her house. People from as far as Ireland. Though a nice shower, open kitchen for any cooking needs, alcohol, and much other stuff sound good, I really want to camp for 09.

A lot of people say camping is half the fun. Really?? HALF the fun?? I want to see what its about.

sbessiso
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Definitly 1/2 the fun. End of every night I couldnt wait to get back to my group for smoking circles/general discussion of what just fucked our brains out

bluemamba
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Smoke out sessions 09

Sbessiso
Mamba
Pilgrim

@ DAW camp site

sbessiso
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll see if I can pencil you two in ;)

greghead
09-17-2008, 03:54 PM
sissy

Ha! Something tells me you weren't there in the early years of Coachella camping, when it really was dirty and nasty. These days Coach camping is luxurious by comparison.

For me, the biggest thing is cost. It's cheaper for me to spend $60 on gas, and to eat food I have already paid for at Ralph's than it is to drop (at least) $100 on food, water, ice, booze, and shade. And that's not including the ridiculously over-priced camping pass. Remember when they were $20? Oh wait, you weren't there, nevermind. With the way things are going I'd bet they'll be $75 next year.

greghead
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
And Salah, don't forget that you and I are getting high as fuck together next year.

sbessiso
09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I greatly look forward to it Gregy!

Sonicifyouwantit
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
yeah yeah yeah camping or nothing, you dont experience the true coachella...heard it all before. I've done coachella both ways, I prefer the hotel room...actually the house.

emtgreg
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
ive done both, what gets me, is the damn parking and the damn traffic...

but oh, sweet air conditioning and showers that have not been puked/peed/shat/sharted at anytime during the last 10 minutes...

Wheres the beef?
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM

but oh, sweet air conditioning and showers that have not been puked/peed/shat/sharted at anytime during the last 10 minutes...

Exaggerate much? :):rolleyes

odelayer
09-19-2008, 03:40 AM
camping's best. :)

Boourns
09-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Pissing in the shower is almost as good as pissing in the sink.

Quadromarshia
09-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Pissing in the shower is almost as good as pissing in the sink.

pissing in the shower<<<pissing in the sink<<<<<<pissing in a hooker's mouth

Sonicifyouwantit
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM

getting in last year was really easy...each night we just took a little nap for an hour. when we awoke the lot was empty and we drove right out no problem.

pissing in the shower<<<pissing in the sink<<<<<<pissing in a hooker's mouth

damn you! took the wordz out of my...mmm, let me rephrase that. I was gonna say that!

paulb
09-22-2008, 03:21 AM
im pretty sure pissing in a hookers ass>>>>pissing in a hookers mouth.

frozen pilgrim
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Ha! Something tells me you weren't there in the early years of Coachella camping, when it really was dirty and nasty. These days Coach camping is luxurious by comparison.

For me, the biggest thing is cost. It's cheaper for me to spend $60 on gas, and to eat food I have already paid for at Ralph's than it is to drop (at least) $100 on food, water, ice, booze, and shade. And that's not including the ridiculously over-priced camping pass. Remember when they were $20? Oh wait, you weren't there, nevermind. With the way things are going I'd bet they'll be $75 next year.

yeah I guess if you live in the valley it doesn't make too much sense to camp.

(I was teasing, by the way).

I feel like if I lived in indio I'd want to get a camping pass anyways to soak up the vibe in the campground/hang out with people before/after the show

Shooters08
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Coachella 09 Sahara tent needs to include The Japanese Popstars. If you didn't know, now you know.

garrett222
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
yeah I guess if you live in the valley it doesn't make too much sense to camp.

(I was teasing, by the way).

I feel like if I lived in indio I'd want to get a camping pass anyways to soak up the vibe in the campground/hang out with people before/after the show

Yeah, i camped the last two years for that very reason..and to be honest it wasn't all its cracked up to be based the board. It's not one big happy family, although people are very nice to each other. 3 am drum circles and those insanely bad shower lines and shitty toilets...I'm ready for a break. Hampton Inn here i come.

mittens4kittens
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I stayed in a hotel the first year, but I've camped twice since then, and I definitely prefer it. I don't sleep in too hard so the showers are never a problem for me, and the social atmosphere is awesome. If I were to bring a girlfriend, I would opt for the hotel- it's simply easier and more hygenic to get it on that way. But if you're down to go grimy, camping is totally fun, especially if you're into cool conversation with strangers. The last night this year some asshole passed out drunk in the middle of our campsite- he eventually woke up all disoriented and promptly ate shit on a pile of tent poles- dude went horizontal before he hit the ground. Fuckin hilarious.

scoop49er
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
im totally fine with getting a hotel. i camp at bonnaroo but u have the luxury of camping with ur car there so for me ill take the good night's sleep after giving it all during 12 hrs of music and drinking!

Odin 8
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I've never stayed in a hotel so I can't compare, but what I like about camping is the vibe, being around people, and the proximity to the venue, especially if going all three days. I'd prefer not to have to drive in and out every day.

And the people are hilarious. One year my friends and I were passing out food on the last night because we couldnt eat it all and didnt want to carry it back. Anyway, a girl next to us came out of her tent to trade water for the food and went back to her tent. Thirty min later, she came out to chill with us because she liked out stories we were tellin and wanted to join. Twenty minutes after that a dude in a full on Winnie the Pooh suit rolled by, sat down, and chatted with us. Pretty awesome.