PDA

View Full Version : The official Beijing 2008 Olympics thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Stefinitely Maybe
08-04-2008, 07:05 AM
http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/beijing-olympics-2008.jpg

3 days to go bitches! Go UK!

Also, it's the last time baseball will be featured as an Olympic sport, so you better hope the US does well this time:

U.S. baseball team has something to prove at Olympics (http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_10052863)

captncrzy
08-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Yay Olympics.

I like to watch the swimming and diving stuff.

SFChrissy
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
I wont be watching any of this...

chairmenmeow47
08-04-2008, 07:42 AM
i can't wait for the gymnastics!!! won't be quite as dramatic without svetlana khorkina this year though :(

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Whoa, Michael Phelps is favored to win 8 gold medals? Incredible. It is something, though, to see how we've been inuadated with all things China these past few months. China week on the Travel Chanel, Chinese cooking on The Food Network, lead in Chinese products, and the new Mummy came from China, too. Jet Li style...

Go Phelps and Team USA Basketball!

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah...show them reds! Reminds me of Red Dawn where Col. Tanner and Daryl are interacting, Col. Tanner:"Six hundred million screaming Chinamen." Darryl: Las I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen." Col. Tanner: "There *were*

So, we're not even favored to win the 100m...

sonofhal
08-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I'd rather watch paint dry in the dark.

allyjoy
08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
c'mon! that's a little harsh. I'm looking forward to basketball and track & field

RotationSlimWang
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
All I know is the Japanese are going to sweep any event involving Nanking Rape Relays.

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 08:34 AM
And then dedicate a shrine to the event, deny it exists, and continue to say it never did happen...

marooko
08-04-2008, 08:45 AM
c'mon! that's a little harsh. I'm looking forward to basketball and track & field

i enjoy the track and field. not totally why i quoted this, but i do enjoy it. never got into the b-ball, but then again i dont watch the regular season either.

chairmenmeow47
08-04-2008, 08:46 AM
i like track and field too. i'll honestly watch most anything except sports that involve teams playing at once like basketball, baseball, ect.

i just hope that now that michael phelps has had a DUI, they won't be so fucking infatuated with him this year. he had WAY too much camera time in 2004.

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
i like track and field too. i'll honestly watch most anything except sports that involve teams playing at once like basketball, baseball, ect.

i just hope that now that michael phelps has had a DUI, they won't be so fucking infatuated with him this year. he had WAY too much camera time in 2004.

Too late, Ivy. About 1/3 of the Chinese population and 3/4 of the media coverage were awaiting his arrival to the hotel. The guy is going to be all over the first week of coverage.

menikmati
08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm sure Phelps is on something.

Heresy
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I want to see the opening ceremony. And usually I watch Gymnastics and Swimming. Sometimes track & field.

Hopefully I don't forget to watch hahaha.

chairmenmeow47
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
i hope i don't forget either. i tried to set my dvr this weekend, but not enough space :( guess an old fashioned post-it will have to do. i'm just glad i don't have plans friday night!!!

where are the next winter olympics being held?

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 09:25 AM
i hope i don't forget either. i tried to set my dvr this weekend, but not enough space :( guess an old fashioned post-it will have to do. i'm just glad i don't have plans friday night!!!

where are the next winter olympics being held?

Vancouver, B.C. in 2010; London in 2012--the one I'm aiming for...

Westy
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm looking forward to the High Jump, Triple Jump, 1500m, and 3000m Steeple Chase.

chairmenmeow47
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Vancouver, B.C. in 2010; London in 2012--the one I'm aiming for...

wait, so do you mean vancouver or whistler? cause i know that whistler was supposed to get the winter olympics soon; i saw signs all over when i went in 2006. the whistler/blackomb mountain is effing amazing. i really wish i could go to the olympics up there.

my aunt and uncle have worked the winter olympics in the past, i wonder if they know a way to score tickets? *ponders*

and high jump is the shit. i rocked that shit when i was a kid and got to go to the district meets, but i got cold feet after watching a girl break her arm. injuries tend to make me hesitate. same thing happened after i cracked my head open in gymnastics.

Heresy
08-04-2008, 09:31 AM
So wait...what time do the Olympics start and what day? I have a shit load of stuff to remember this week

Hopeless Semantic
wait, so do you mean vancouver or whistler? cause i know that whistler was supposed to get the winter olympics soon; i saw signs all over when i went in 2006. the whistler/blackomb mountain is effing amazing. i really wish i could go to the olympics up there.

my aunt and uncle have worked the winter olympics in the past, i wonder if they know a way to score tickets? *ponders*

It says Vancouver, B.C. as the host city on the Olympic website--but, like China's games it will probably be spread out in the area up into Whistler, too.
These games are Beijing's in name, but some events will be hosted in a bigger populous city, Shanghai.

RotationSlimWang
I love watching curling. Honestly, I do.

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
So wait...what time do the Olympics start and what day? I have a shit load of stuff to remember this week

August 08th is opening ceremonies--this Friday at I believe 5 PST/8 EST

AM

It will be on initially early in the morning, U.S. time, but will be reaired throughout the evening for those who might've missed it.

chairmenmeow47
08-04-2008, 09:36 AM
It says Vancouver, B.C. as the host city on the Olympic website--but, like China's games it will probably be spread out in the area up into Whistler, too.
These games are Beijing's in name, but some events will be hosted in a bigger populous city, Shanghai.

that would make sense.

and heresy, the olympics start friday. my dvr said 7pm on NBC (http://www.nbcolympics.com/) (and guess who's on the home page, PHELPS).

randy you would have loved switzerland, they're way into curling! st. moritz has hosted the winter olympics twice (one of three cities to do so), and they have an olympic bobsled run you can ride during the winter. i wish it would have been open when i was there, i really wanted to try:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/659213-2/IMG_2148.JPG?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISS ES_PMT

RotationSlimWang
08-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Curling is basically shuffleboard on fucking ice. I could be an Olympic-caliber competitor with about half a week of practice.

Heresy
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Cool. I'll probably watch it after work. I heard the opening cermony is 3 hours long?

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
That sport is interesting. I watched a little of it last winter olympics and the Finnish team started getting angry with each other. It really epitomized the olympic spirit. If only I knew what they were saying...

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Hmm...anyhow the fireworks display looks devastating...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TY705IfJIE8&hl=en&fs=1"></param

allyjoy
08-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm sad I'm missing the opening ceremonies. I think the last ceremonies I saw were the 2000 Sydney olympics.

Hopeless Semantic
08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I can't seem to figure out why the video won't post, but the display looks huge. I will miss the opening ceremonies this time around live--but tiVo might come in handy.

captncrzy
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Stef, if we all go to the London one, how many of us can you cram into your house?

Heresy
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
There's a leaked video of the dancers practicing the opening ceremony floating around somewhere. It looks really pretty.

bluemamba
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
LeBron James seems to be on roids

Pixiessp
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm sad I'm missing the opening ceremonies. I think the last ceremonies I saw were the 2000 Sydney olympics.

me too. it was spectacular.

menikmati
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Fca-MbAKOV0

bluemamba
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
U S A !!! U S A!!! U S A!!!

whynotsmile99
08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
What China has done to itself in prepration for the games is absolutly fascinating. Theres a few books written on the subject and I intend to read one in particular. The destruction/re-development along with sweeping the unwated people under the rug is amazing.

sbessiso
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
whoa...

http://www.mensjournal.com/images/covers/phelps_cover.jpg

Backwater
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Basketball as an event in the Olympics is mind-boggling. People who are actually interested in watching that and not the NBA Finals are the same people who say, "Professional wrestling isn't even real, it's all fake!!!"

Stefinitely Maybe
08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Stef, if we all go to the London one, how many of us can you cram into your house?

A few. But only my favourites.

Stainofmind
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I got my money on the USA Womens Gymnastics team to take the Team Gold. Anybody remember 1996 with Kerri Strug?

Stainofmind
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
i can't wait for the gymnastics!!! won't be quite as dramatic without svetlana khorkina this year though :(

damn she is still competing? I thought she retired.

algunz
08-07-2008, 10:56 PM
We just lost another Hamm. Our men's gymnastics team may be fucked.

I also read that they're no longer using the perfect 10 to score the competition. What's up with that bullshit?

fatbastard
08-08-2008, 07:30 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/2121085231_90041946c2.jpg?v=0

Hopeless Semantic
08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
An interesting side note to John Carlos and Tommie Smith is that they are no longer on speaking terms. One say the other used the picture for alterior motives and the other struggled to get out of the shadow of the picture. Carlos, the one who struggled, used to see the picture as a burden on himself and many people wouldn't give him an opportunity because of it. Tommie Smith, on the other hand, became involved with other societal awareness groups.

http://www.indypendent.org/2008/08/08/john-carlos-40-years-later/

algunz
08-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I never realized things were so difficult for them when they returned, and for that one "little" moment to affect their children is disturbing and disappointing. It makes me very sad that they couldn't keep their friendship.

canexplain
08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
i will probably only catch 50 hours this weekend of what is shown ..:) i love the olympics , summer and winter ....x****

i want on stephs short list, we can hit the summer concert fests then the olympics ....yea .....jk sort of

Blinken
08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I love watching curling. Honestly, I do.

YES!! I would get really high and watch curling all night during the last Olympics.

algunz
08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Amen, I can't wait for this evening. And even though the opening and closing ceremonies are usually the most boring part about the whole thing, I am so excited. It's the fucking Olympics for god's sake! Go USA!!!!!

canexplain
08-08-2008, 07:54 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly3.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly1.jpg

i love fireworks ... blow stuff up ....x****

Kali27
08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
ooohh... look at all the pretty colors... I cant wait to see it later...

But it wont beat Bjork unravelling the world from her dress...

Hopeless Semantic
08-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I never realized things were so difficult for them when they returned, and for that one "little" moment to affect their children is disturbing and disappointing. It makes me very sad that they couldn't keep their friendship.

Yeah, while we clamor and chastize China for its continued human rights abuses, we forget that protest is being shut down here in our own country as we speak. It is almost as if the voice that made this nation great, is lost amongst the noise of the "good and narrow."

That a simple gesture signifying unity should ruin a person's future, is also indication on how difficult times were back then. How dare these two African-Americans show up the U.S.!

A very interesting thing, though, was when I used to work with a guy who had that famous picture tattoo'd as part of an African-American mural and his subsequent meeting with John Carlos. I guess when he showed JC the tattoo--Carlos was moved to both honor and shame. If I remember correctly, he told my former coworker that he shouldn't have gotten it. That they weren't heroes like the rest of the artwork, but two humans wanting all to be treated like humans.

marooko
08-08-2008, 08:15 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/2121085231_90041946c2.jpg?v=0

imagine how the white guy feels. he was totally left out.

its pretty sad their kids have to get flack. now the games are in china. smacked again i think.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly3.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/oly1.jpg

i love fireworks ... blow stuff up ....x****

awesome pictures.

chairmenmeow47
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
damn she is still competing? I thought she retired.

she did retire. that's what i'm saying, it won't be the same without her.

and i was sad to hear about hamm too :(

i never really watch the opening ceremonies, but i will tonight, can't wait!

menikmati
08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I use to have a crush on Janet Evans back before 1996. In fact, I think I still have the TV guide cover she was on advertising the 1996 Olympics.

In other news, I really hate the time difference with the olympics....everything's already happened and NBC won't let us find out til tonight. I already know I'm gonna be spoiled by early results online and on tv. Lame.

canexplain
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I use to have a crush on Janet Evans back before 1996. In fact, I think I still have the TV guide cover she was on advertising the 1996 Olympics.

In other news, I really hate the time difference with the olympics....everything's already happened and NBC won't let us find out til tonight. I already know I'm gonna be spoiled by early results online and on tv. Lame.

agree .. i even thought until this morn, the opening stuff was going to be live .. including online, cable, etc, i read there is going to be something along the lines of 2400 hours .... wow ....xYYYY

menikmati
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah but none of its gonna be live. NBC decided a couple years ago that they weren't gonna broadcast it live (due to them wanting to hit primetime rating spots and stuff). Lame if you ask me.

locachica73
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
everything is reruns right now anyway, so why would it matter?

menikmati
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
the point is do you wanna watch stuff that is what 9-10 hour delay? It's already happened, you can already read all about it online...results are already in, and chances are most people will be come across some spoilers online and on TV....I just think it's lame that even now, we still have to watch and view the olympics on TV with a taped delay....thanks in part to fucking NBC (who I really hate btw, the only good thing they have going for them is FNL, and they almost fucked that over) and it's monopoly over the US olympic broadcasting. It's time for a change.

Blinken
08-08-2008, 09:38 AM
NBC also has Heroes, Office, but they fucked over Scrubs, so you do have a point.

Newro7ic
08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Last night I noticed I have 2 new HD channels specifically for the Olympics.. Is that' going to be on a delay, too? I hope it's live. I was going to wake up at 4:45a on Sunday to watch the US soccer team. We actually won a game already... I was shocked. ;)

EDIT: Just checked, the two HD channels are for Soccer and Basketball only, and will air the games live. I guess I can still catch the soccer games live. :)

chairmenmeow47
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Last night I noticed I have 2 new HD channels specifically for the Olympics.. Is that' going to be on a delay, too? I hope it's live. I was going to wake up at 4:45a on Sunday to watch the US soccer team. We actually won a game already... I was shocked. ;)

EDIT: Just checked, the two HD channels are for Soccer and Basketball only, and will air the games live. I guess I can still catch the soccer games live. :)

ahhh, damnit. i got all excited for a second since we have an HD receiver in the living room. i'm hoping the roomies have plans tonight so i can watch on the giant tv.

downingthief
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Wish I had fancy cable, or Dish...

I love the Olympics. Always have. The coverage gets a bit tedious with all of the "dramatic" stories they do, though.

canexplain
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM

I love the Olympics. Always have. The coverage gets a bit tedious with all of the "dramatic" stories they do, though.

oh you can just come over to my house dude, i have two big tvs ... it would be sort of a long drive though ... and yes, after a while i find myself saying, get on with the sport, i know more about that person then i do about people at work i have known for years ...x****

chairmenmeow47
08-08-2008, 10:13 AM

live with a networking engineer with too much money on his hands, lol. that is THE only reason i pay for cable. they were getting all the channels and dvr and i had to go in thirds anyways, so i got it for my room too.

and i also think the delay and the monopoly is stupid. i want to be able to watch it live too!!!

i wonder how the russians will be treated now...

downingthief
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I love watching the opening ceremonies, and seeing those few nations that send like, 5 athletes (or less). What a thrill it must be for them. I mean, they pretty much know that by and large, they have no chance at a medal in their sport. But they are there anyway, representing their country. To go to a foreign land, and compete is a dream come true.

Heresy
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I want to watch the opening ceremonies. I'll have to watch TV when I get home.

frozen pilgrim
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
what time (EST) does the opening ceremonies broadcast start, and which american network's coverage should I tivo?

Newro7ic
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
what time (EST) does the opening ceremonies broadcast start, and which american network's coverage should I tivo?

I believe NBC and affiliates have the rights.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/

That website says 7:30p PST.

canexplain
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I just love track and field and Olympians :):)
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/Leryn-Franco-03-t-4240.jpg

x****

Young blood
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
goddamm this is 12 times better than any daft punk show.

Backwater
08-08-2008, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=menikmati;697608] NBC (who I really hate btw, the only good thing they have going for them is FNL QUOTE]

Um, Conan?

whynotsmile99
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
holy fuck. those drummer alone... that was insane. beyond epic.

this should be a good show, all 300 million fucking dollars for it

whynotsmile99
08-08-2008, 08:07 PM
tai chi circle was incredible.

What an amazing show so far.

I wonder if someone plugged in their Mac
to that 200 foot LCD and watched youtube on it.

marooko
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
tai chi circle was incredible.

What an amazing show so far.

I wonder if someone plugged in their Mac
to that 200 foot LCD and watched youtube on it.

yes!!! that circle was just unreal.

bakersfield
08-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Great show. What a cool way to light the flame.

Kali27
08-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Those opening ceremonies were the most incredible lightshow ever... wow

shakermaker113
08-09-2008, 07:43 AM
that opening show was phenomenal.

CuervoPH
08-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah. I just hate that NBC kept cutting to commercial during the opening show. I know they have to make their money somehow, but I'm hoping there's a complete version out there somewhere.

Is anyone else streaming any of the soccer matches online? I don't know if it's just my computer or not, but I can't seem to get a good video stream and usually I have no problem stremaing video. I'm seeing every other second of the video. It's like watching soccer with strobelights.

marooko
08-09-2008, 08:13 AM
the fireworks were unbelievable. they were everywhere. the ones that looked almost like clouds or something were awesome!! the guy running along the screen looked amazing. they could have been a little smoother with changing his angle though, i was afraid he was gonna fall, im sure he was too.

canexplain
08-09-2008, 08:47 AM
did you read about that guy from the us getting murdered ... life sucks sometimes ...x****

captncrzy
08-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Wow, probably the best opener ever. I didn't get bored once. The opening drums with that drum lit countdown was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I rewound it, watched it again, and then made the kid come downstairs and watch it again with me. Such precision.

chairmenmeow47
08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
those drums were intimidating. i for one welcome our new communist overlords.

seriously, that was an awesome show. i can't believe the precision. like all those guys in the boxes, HOLY HELL! the circle was crazy too. when they lifted the rings off the ground i felt like i was tripping, lol. BEST LIGHTSHOW EVER!!! i agree :)

menikmati
08-09-2008, 09:43 AM
volleyball is on now, yay

chairmenmeow47
08-09-2008, 09:48 AM
volleyball is on now, yay

agreed! i love volleyball. i don't remember the players being this sexy either, those shorts are awesome, lol.

menikmati
08-09-2008, 09:50 AM
oh, I was more impressed with the new ball (the spirals and all)...

canexplain
08-09-2008, 10:01 AM
1 2 and 3 a sweep for the US.... ok so it was with foils but thats ok ...x****

shakermaker113
08-09-2008, 10:04 AM
i can't believe the precision. like all those guys in the boxes, HOLY HELL! the circle was crazy too. when they lifted the rings off the ground i felt like i was tripping, lol. BEST LIGHTSHOW EVER!!! i agree :)

agreed... I'm convinced those guys in boxes must have had something giving them their cues. that was WAY too accurate to be done entirely from memory, blind.

man I wish I had been there. that may have inspired me to go to the olympics some time in the future.

whynotsmile99
08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
does anyone know if they will release a dvd of the opening ceremonies? I seriously want a good copy of that. Do they do that?

Just incredible. Easily the most audacious and mind blowing live performance I've ever seen. Zhang Yimou is a fucking master. He created a live film, as spectacular as anything he did for House of Flying Daggers or any other film he's done.

--Drums intro
--Dancer being carried by thousands of other dancers
--tai chi circle
--running around the globe
--fireworks
--the moving blocks thing
--200 foot lcd screen with danced on caligrophy
--final torch run

seriously mind blowing shit. i fail to comprehend how this all works out. How do you practice something this off the wall and technically precise with so many thousands of performers. Ridiculous amount of fireworks as well

It's sad thinking how many millions of Chinese are starving as their country spends 47 billion on these games (300 million alone on the opening ceramony I believe), but China wanted to show off and they did it exceptionally.

imagine trying to find a parking space around there

menikmati
08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
1 2 and 3 a sweep for the US.... ok so it was with foils but thats ok ...x****

I don't know what this is referring to, but its for events to be shown later on, can we not post spoilers in this thread okay?

canexplain
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
for all the people that say drill drill and then drill more, and call environmentalist wacko, look at the fucking sky there and its like that a lot...x****

canexplain
08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
"imagine trying to find a parking space around there" i bet most people dont have cars anyway ...x****

canexplain
08-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't know what this is referring to, but its for events to be shown later on, can we not post spoilers in this thread okay?

i vote no here ..x***

whynotsmile99
08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
"imagine trying to find a parking space around there" i bet most people dont have cars anyway ...x****

this is interesting

http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=217293

menikmati
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
i vote no here ..x***

You vote no to not posting spoilers? Uhh, why in the world you wanna come into a thread and post results to people discussing the olympics, who they themselves have tried to avoid reading spoilers online, regarding events which haven't aired on TV yet (especially for west coast viewers). Sorry, but that's messed up.

canexplain
08-09-2008, 11:02 AM
You vote no to not posting spoilers? Uhh, why in the world you wanna come into a thread and post results to people discussing the olympics, who they themselves have tried to avoid reading spoilers online, regarding events which haven't aired on TV yet (especially for west coast viewers). Sorry, but that's messed up.

you lost me, your first sentence seems to say yes to spoilers then the rest to no posting spoilers ... i vote no to posting spoilers because of your 2nd sentence ...x****

Westy
08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Womans beach volley ball is the best!!

It would be difficult to not post winners in this thread. This tape delay thing is annoying. I just found out the winners of an event I was in the middle of watching.

canexplain
08-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Womans beach volley ball is the best!!

It would be difficult to not post winners in this thread. This tape delay thing is annoying. I just found out the winners of an event I was in the middle of watching.

ya, it is hard to avoid it on other media .. and yes, womans vball, :) and i bet the gals say the same thing about the guys .... x****

algunz
08-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, please no spoilers!!! I resign myself to watching no news and reading no newspapers during the Olympics just for this reason. Please don't cut me off from my only remaining mass media outlet.

canexplain
08-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, please no spoilers!!! I resign myself to watching no news and reading no newspapers during the Olympics just for this reason. Please don't cut me off from my only remaining mass media outlet.

agree, hey gunz, did you not want to go thru the 5k good and bad posts? x****

bluemamba
08-09-2008, 01:02 PM
what is it with the x**** ??? what is that??

canexplain
08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
what is it with the x**** ??? what is that??

just me, i edit myself b4 they do lol ... x****

bluemamba
08-09-2008, 01:06 PM
lol so what is this five letter X word??

canexplain
08-09-2008, 01:08 PM
lol so what is this five letter X word??

x is for malcom x and the radical movement, and the rest, fill in the blanks :) x****

bluemamba
08-09-2008, 01:10 PM
im dying to know. please tell me. your such a tease.

Backwater
08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
A question to all you Olympic fanatics: are you guys really into NCAA, MLB, NBA and NFL also? Or just the Olympics? The reason I ask is because I've never met anyone who actually cares about the Olympics so this thread just blows my mind to see that this many people are really excited about this. I've met lots of people who like extreme sports and care about the X Games, and obviously I've met tons and tons of people who are crazy about professional team sports, but the Olympics? I've honestly never met anyone who cares so this is all really interesting to me.

bakersfield
08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I am a sports nut.
Baseball, basketball, college & pro football.

And my son is a competitive skateboarder (see avatar), so I now follow the X Games too.

To me, the Olympics take me back to my younger days. When we did not have 24 hour all access info. It was a REALLY big deal back in 76, 84, 88. The boxing, track & field, etc.....stuff you never really pay attention to but every 4 years. It is fun to root for your country in any & every obscure sport every 4 years (love the winter games too).

whynotsmile99
08-09-2008, 05:32 PM
A question to all you Olympic fanatics: are you guys really into NCAA, MLB, NBA and NFL also? Or just the Olympics? The reason I ask is because I've never met anyone who actually cares about the Olympics so this thread just blows my mind to see that this many people are really excited about this. I've met lots of people who like extreme sports and care about the X Games, and obviously I've met tons and tons of people who are crazy about professional team sports, but the Olympics? I've honestly never met anyone who cares so this is all really interesting to me.

I couldn't honestly give a fuck less about sports 99% of the time. I enjoy the Olympics because they show unique sports you don't see on tv unless they are at the olympics. Though I must say women's fencing is far more boring than I thought it would be.

I'm very much into world culture so that's really the reason I enjoy watching. There is usually some pretty spectacular stories that come out of it. Olympics might not be much to you or your friends, but for some of these countries I didn't know even existed, you know they a probably a very big deal. I also greatly enjoy the opening/closing show and some of the filmed sports. Winter is always my favorite though. Gymnastics is always great to watch for the summer games.

This year I'm much more interested than any times in the past. I've been reading about what CHina has done to prepare and im fascinated by it.

menikmati
08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I like the NFL, and I know my NBA, and MLB, and I like certain Olympic sports (such as the track and field, swimming, and a few others), and I like watching the athletes compete to get the fastest times/world records, and I enjoy the fast paced relays.

But as others said, I also enjoy being able to watch a few more of the obscure sports, such as some of the rowing (no idea why I would enjoy watching it, but I do), some of the volleyball, and also don't they have some sort of artificial cayaking event too (thought I remember watching it in Athens in some giant man made river thing with rapids and stuff).

Backwater
08-09-2008, 05:56 PM
The boxing, track & field, etc.....stuff you never really pay attention to but every 4 years.

Boxing? I see what you're saying about the other obscure sports but you pay more attention to Olympic boxing then Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather, etc. fights? I find that very odd.

What whynotsmile said makes sense when I think about it. You're more interested in the situations surrounding the events then the events themselves, that's cool.

bakersfield
08-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Boxing? I see what you're saying about the other obscure sports but you pay more attention to Olympic boxing then Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather, etc. fights? I find that very odd.

What whynotsmile said makes sense when I think about it. You're more interested in the situations surrounding the events then the events themselves, that's cool.

I get your point, I probably should have said gymnastics rather than boxing....
I used to follow boxing a lot. Back in the Ali, Holmes, Sugar Ray, Hearns, Duran, Tyson days. I loved it!
But to me boxing has lost a lot of its luster.

And I agree, it is all the stories that surround the stories.
Like last night, that 9 yr old kid that came in with Yao Ming & the Chinese flag.
What a story...he survived the big earthquake & then went back in & rescued a few of his classmates. Now he is a national hero.
And the story of our flag holder....etc, etc, etc....

chairmenmeow47
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
i'm not into the team sports much, besides maybe volleyball. i like the individual sports. gymnastics is my favourite. i used to do flips on my grandma's bed while watching as a kid. i was in gymnastics too. if i happen to catch this stuff off season, i'll watch.

but the olympics are a chance to watch the best of the best in the world compete. you can't get that on espn every day.

and i notice the uniforms and shorts and such, lol. my cousin designs sportswear products and my mom has worked in department stores most of my life, i can't help myself, lol.

i really don't want to delete the opening ceremonies, but it's 4 1/2 hours. is there a way to delete part of a recording? or do you have to delete the whole thing?

also, the cuts are annoying. i thought it was convenient we saw nothing of the cultural revolution in that history presentation. i wonder if anything was actually performed for that era? i want to see the whole broadcast.

roberto73
08-09-2008, 10:38 PM

I prefer the Olympics for the same reason I prefer college sports: most of the athletes actually have something at stake, which makes it a much more exciting, vital competition than pro sports. There are few things in life less exciting (to me, at least) than a bunch of millionaires playing with a ball. The Olympics, on the other hand, seem more pure, more about the love of the sport, and less about contracts and endorsements. Some of that is illusory, I know, but on the whole, the Olympics have also seemed much more real.

Backwater
08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
but the olympics are a chance to watch the best of the best in the world compete. you can't get that on espn every day.

Um, yes you can get that on espn everyday. While I agree with the rest of your post and I respect your point of view, you're wrong there. Athletes from all over the world come to America to compete and make successful careers out of it. You'd be surprised to find out how many Europeans are in the NBA.

You and Roberto both sound like you would enjoy the X Games more than anything else since you're talking about pure, real, individual sports. As David Letterman said to Danny Way, "who really cares about the 400m butterfly for the thousandth time or whatever, this is breaking the laws of physics, this is the evolving capabilites of human beings, this is what we should be focusing on instead of the Olympics!"

shakermaker113
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I hear an official spoilers thread is coming to save us.

Backwater
08-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Michael Phelps looks like a vampire! AHHH! Check out those frickin teeth!

ivankay
08-10-2008, 12:08 AM
i am in the process of watching the Opening Ceremony for the 2nd time....mesmerizing. Has to be one of the all time fantastic achievements in human history. Amazing. i want the uninterrupted dvd with all the making of stuff possible. Give it the multiple disc, box treatment, please.

Back to 2008 drummers.

fiyahhh!
08-10-2008, 05:33 AM
I think the big difference is that the athletes are representing their entire country, where in pro sports you represent a city. After watching that Chinese gymnast last night talk about having the weight and pressure of an entire nation resting upon him, made me realize just how remarkable it is for these athletes to perform at the peak of their abilities under so much stress. It's like every event is the 9th inning or 4th quarter of game 7. Plus, I'm a sucker for all the sappy background stories.

captncrzy
08-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Um, yes you can get that on espn everyday. While I agree with the rest of your post and I respect your point of view, you're wrong there. Athletes from all over the world come to America to compete and make successful careers out of it. You'd be surprised to find out how many Europeans are in the NBA.

I don't think she's talking about Europe. I think she's talking about the countries that most people here haven't even heard of, with one million people in their population that send two athletes. Those athletes don't come here to compete, and the certainly aren't shown on ESPN.

chairmenmeow47
08-10-2008, 08:46 AM
exactly, jen. do the x-games have gymnastics? 100m dash? fencing? volleyball? all rolled into one? with people from all over the world competing with the energy that they know that this is the most important set of games to the world? no. and that is why i watch the olympics.

roberto73
08-10-2008, 09:20 AM
You and Roberto both sound like you would enjoy the X Games more than anything else since you're talking about pure, real, individual sports. As David Letterman said to Danny Way, "who really cares about the 400m butterfly for the thousandth time or whatever, this is breaking the laws of physics, this is the evolving capabilites of human beings, this is what we should be focusing on instead of the Olympics!"

I've tried watching the X Games, but the events have never really interested me that much. And maybe it's just my bias, but the athleticism required by the Olympics just can't be touched by a dude on a skateboard. I can appreciate the art of what Danny Way does, but it just doesn't compare.

bluemamba
08-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Anybody know if the US already played China is basketball??

shakermaker113
08-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't think she's talking about Europe. I think she's talking about the countries that most people here haven't even heard of, with one million people in their population that send two athletes. Those athletes don't come here to compete, and the certainly aren't shown on ESPN.

not to mention the countries with under 100,000 it was crazy that during the opening ceremonies, the stadium held more people than a few of the participating countries' populations.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Anybody know if the US already played China is basketball??

yea they played already ..us kicked their butts by 31 points ... but it was a clean and good game ...x***

faxman75
08-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I can't believe anyone cares about or watches this bullshit. Seriously, it's garbage. The TV schedule isn't even something I can figure out. Phelps gold medal win wasn't even available to be watched on the west coast live. How are you supposed to watch something you already know the results for?

It's all so stupid. They should cancel the games for a few decades and then consider bringing them back after they get rid of the retarded events and bring in some new good ones. In fact, the special Olympics should get way more media attention. Those kids don't have anything else to live for.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
i was watching this thing just now about drug testing ... they said by olympic rules, they have to keep all of the blood, etc for 8 years so if scientists come up with new ways to test, they will and they can still take away the win .. you know something i was thinking about too .. people are saying, can you believe they spent 300 million on the opening thing ... you know they could charge the standard 20 bucks for a dvd (30 + for blu ray) and they would only have to sell 15 million world wide to make up the money ... i bet they could do 10 x's that ... just a thought i bet they have already thought of ....x****

menikmati
08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I can't believe anyone cares about or watches this bullshit. Seriously, it's garbage. The TV schedule isn't even something I can figure out. Phelps gold medal win wasn't even available to be watched on the west coast live. How are you supposed to watch something you already know the results for?

It's all so stupid. They should cancel the games for a few decades and then consider bringing them back after they get rid of the retarded events and bring in some new good ones. In fact, the special Olympics should get way more media attention. Those kids don't have anything else to live for.

What are the "retarded" events? And what events would you like to see?

marooko
08-10-2008, 10:59 AM
just saw the US China b-ball game. freaking awesome. china was playing really well, they just werent able to get that ball in very often. good game.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:01 AM
isnt this a classic shot ... as the new war still goes on Bush is out goofing around , but then so is the russian dude ...x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/olympicsvball.jpg

thats some tat on that gal ...

marooko
08-10-2008, 11:04 AM
whats he supposed to do, go get involved? no matter what he does, no one is gonna like it.

menikmati
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
yea they played already ..us kicked their butts by 31 points ... but it was a clean and good game ...x***

Uhh no spoilers....there are people on the west coast here.

iv3rdawG
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
isnt this a classic shot ... as the new war still goes on Bush is out goofing around , but then so is the russian dude ...x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/olympicsvball.jpg

thats some tat on that gal ...

Heh, it isn't a tattoo. I was watching their game last night and the commentators said it's like Advil where she just sticks it on and it helps her pain cause she's had surgery on it like 3 times. It was a good game.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Uhh no spoilers....there are people on the west coast here.

dont they show the programs at the same time if you are mnt or pacific coast , just that the clock on the wall is different .. right ? x****

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Heh, it isn't a tattoo. I was watching their game last night and the commentators said it's like Advil where she just sticks it on and it helps her pain cause she's had surgery on it like 3 times. It was a good game.

wow i wondered ... i thought it was pretty wild ...x***

Young blood
08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Welcome to China. Enjoy your SARS.

Mens pentathlon finals is going to be so ill. Go angola!

orbit
08-10-2008, 12:14 PM

nbcolympics.com

captncrzy
08-10-2008, 12:51 PM
not to mention the countries with under 100,000 it was crazy that during the opening ceremonies, the stadium held more people than a few of the participating countries' populations.

I know, that was awesome. I love watching the athlete parade because you know that those few athletes are representing their entire country and for them, their only real chance to shine is during that parade. I just think it's cool.

oh, you......

nbcolympics.com

I have DirecTV and I noticed that when I go to an olympic channel other than NBC (like MSNBC or CNBC), there's a popup window in the lower left side of the screen that tells you to push the red button on your remote; when you push it, it brings up the TV schedules for all the Olympic channels and a medal count. I've been using that rather than the TV guide.

Backwater
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
exactly, jen. do the x-games have gymnastics? 100m dash? fencing? volleyball? all rolled into one? with people from all over the world competing with the energy that they know that this is the most important set of games to the world? no. and that is why i watch the olympics.

Importance is subjective. To me and faxman (and millions of others) the Olympics aren't important at all. The X Games are more exciting because they're more dangerous. Many X Games competitors are foreign as well.

orbit
08-10-2008, 07:02 PM
The X Games are more exciting because they're more dangerous.

i think we can tell you have never practiced any sport in your life.

algunz
08-10-2008, 07:26 PM
hey gunz, did you not want to go thru the 5k good and bad posts? x****

I do not know what you speak of, please 'splain.

I can't even fathom the concept of not giving a shit about the Olympics. I'm not a fan at all of most professional sports (except the soccer cups), but the Olympics fascinate me. I guess it's the utter dedication and passion most of these athletes share. It's all just for the love of competetition. They work so hard for so long and for many of them they have only one chance. There has yet to be an Olympics, summer and winter, where I haven't found myself in tears at some point or another. This year I've already cried - out of sadness for the family that was attacked and out of joy for the girl that won the road race today.

Oh and why does something have to be dangerous in order for it to be exciting? That's just sad.

TomAz
08-10-2008, 07:29 PM
What are the "retarded" events?

Rhythmic Gymnastics
Syncronized Swimming

and really, anything involving a judge. all gymnastics. diving. etc.

I grew up watching the Olympics.. I still remember the '72 mens basketball final, even though I was just 10 yrs old. The Olympics has sucked ever since. Way to make a young boy cynical, IOC.

menikmati
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I like the diving.

Backwater
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
i think we can tell you have never practiced any sport in your life.

Nice assumption, very logical. I've played many sports in grade school and high school. It doesn't have to be dangerous to be exciting. I never said that, nobody ever said that. I said it's more exciting because of the danger (level of risk involved.)

Cancersticks1
08-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Rhythmic Gymnastics
Syncronized Swimming

and really, anything involving a judge. all gymnastics. diving. etc.

I grew up watching the Olympics.. I still remember the '72 mens basketball final, even though I was just 10 yrs old. The Olympics has sucked ever since. Way to make a young boy cynical, IOC.

Wow, really? Gymnastics is what initially interested me in the olympics. I personally don't give a shit about sports of any kind generally, but in 96 when Keri Strug landed a perfect vault on a fucked up ankle, I was hooked, and since have become interested in all the olympic events as well. It just all seems a lot more emotional and desperate than professional sports.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
i swore i posted this ...

SOME OF THE FIREWORKS IN THE OPENING CEREMONY FAKE !!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2534499/Beijing-Olympic-2008-opening-ceremony-giant-firework-footprints-faked.html
wow ... x****

algunz
08-10-2008, 08:19 PM
OMG, it's moments like Strug that just kill me. The triumph and tragedy are beautiful like when the runner was helped to the finish line by his father or watching Mary Decker Slaney get tripped and lose out on an Olympic medal again.

They should do some kind of special for tv that cover the top 100 great Olympic moments.

orbit
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
i stopped caring about sports involving judges, especially ice dancing, after torville & dean got bronze in 1994.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
i want to do a time check thing ...is there anyone on the west coast right now watching the olympics ? x****

ivankay
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
i want to do a time check thing ...is there anyone on the west coast right now watching the olympics ? x****

yes. US girls on the balance beam.

Backwater
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
It just all seems a lot more emotional and desperate than professional sports.

Desperate yes, desperate for tv ratings.

Yea, canexplain, I'm watching them on the west coast right now.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
yes. US girls on the balance beam.

well then you are an hour behind .... now i know not to post any spoilers ... sorry meh .... stay tuned mike for sure ....x****

ivankay
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
well then you are an hour behind .... now i know not to post any spoilers ... sorry meh .... stay tuned mike for sure ....x****

oh boy, a tease. i wonder what it could be.

TomAz
08-10-2008, 08:48 PM
OMG, it's moments like Strug that just kill me. The triumph and tragedy are beautiful like when the runner was helped to the finish line by his father or watching Mary Decker Slaney get tripped and lose out on an Olympic medal again.

They should do some kind of special for tv that cover the top 100 great Olympic moments.

See, now, this is the stuff that pisses me off. I mean it just comes across to me as just so much orchestrated tripe. See the Noble Athlete. See the Noble Athlete sweat. See the Noble Athlete get injured. See the Noble Athlete's mother die of hemorrhagic fever. See the Noble Athlete overcome Adversity to Win the Gold. See family cry. I mean, come on, people, this stuff is Made for TV soap opera crap. NBC paid over $1 billion for TV rights, they're gonna show the shit that sells the goods.

In my mind, Terrell Owens is more fucking "pure" than these trumped up sop stories. And I can't stand TO.

fatbastard
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I predict that someone from our women’s gymnastics team will be on an episode of cops one day.

algunz
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
The swimming will be live for all of us though won't it?

fatbastard
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
That's what the wife said.

algunz
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
See, now, this is the stuff that pisses me off. I mean it just comes across to me as just so much orchestrated tripe. See the Noble Athlete. See the Noble Athlete sweat. See the Noble Athlete get injured. See the Noble Athlete's mother die of hemorrhagic fever. See the Noble Athlete overcome Adversity to Win the Gold. See family cry. I mean, come on, people, this stuff is Made for TV soap opera crap. NBC paid over $1 billion for TV rights, they're gonna show the shit that sells the goods.

In my mind, Terrell Owens is more fucking "pure" than these trumped up sop stories. And I can't stand TO.

I agree with you in that the media does whatever they can to pull at our heart strings. There was a period where it was getting REALLY bad with the human interest stories, but that's not what I was referring to in my post. I'm talking about those moments that can not be orchestrated - when it's just pure sport and heart. Like when the female marathon runner was suffering from extreme heat stroke, dehydration or whatever and she enetered the stadium for the lap to the finish line and her body was convulsing and delirious. But she refused to stop because she had to finish. The officials and attending doctors allowed her, and every single person in the stadium was standing, applauding, and encouraging her.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 09:02 PM
The swimming will be live for all of us though won't it?

i thought you guys and us mnt time they showed the same thing, but you are an hour behind us and we are 3 hours behind ny i think .... so sorry ... x****

canexplain
08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
now our coverage is over for an hour ... on mnbc its boxing which i dont care to watch ... i stayed up last night till 530 and then my dogs woke me up at 700 so dont know how late i will watch them tonight but i dont have to work tomorrow so rock and roll ..x****

TomAz
08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
The gold medal game between the United States and Soviet Union remains very controversial to this day. With a 49-48 lead, the Soviet team committed a hard foul on USA player Doug Collins with three seconds left. Collins made two free throws to put the U.S. up 50-49, and the Soviets inbounded the ball quickly. Referee Renaldo Righetto of Brazil stopped play with one second on the clock. USSR coach Vladimir Kondrashin had attempted to call time out between Collins' free throws and it was awarded.

After the inbounds pass, the final horn sounded, signifying the end of the match, and the United States players and coaches celebrated their victory. However, the head of the FIBA, Renato William Jones, found that the clock had been set incorrectly and ordered that the clock be reset to three seconds, the time that was on the clock when Kondrashin tried to call time, as opposed to one. Jones would normally have no authority to act during a game, but his reputation was such that the referees felt they had no choice but to comply.

The Soviets inbounded the ball for a third time, and this time Alexander Belov scored a lay-up winning the game for the Soviets, 51-50, winning them the gold medal. It was the first loss for the United States in Olympic basketball competition.

The members of the United States team have remained bitter over the outcome of the game ever since.[citation needed] They refused to accept the Olympic silver medals during the ceremony and appealed to a five-judge panel. The panel was composed of members from Hungary, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Italy and Poland. The appeal was rejected by a 3-2 vote was, along Cold War lines (Puerto Rico and Italy voted to uphold the appeal, while Hungary, Cuba and Poland voted to reject it). When asked about the game, Jones was quoted, "The Americans have to learn how to lose, even when they think they are right."

Even when the International Olympic Committee approached the U.S. players about thirty years later to see if they would accept the medals, all of the players still refused them. The medals remain in a vault in Switzerland to this day. At least one U.S. player, Kenny Davis, has stipulated in his will that after his death, his heirs are forbidden to ever accept the silver medal in his name.[2]

Backwater
08-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Very well said. I completely agree with all of this. The Olympics are for pretentious, high class wannabee, smug people, real sports are for real people.

algunz
08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
The Olympics are for pretentious, high class wannabee, smug people

This doesn't make any sense to me. Are you talking about the fans or the athletes? Either way - your obvious dislike for the Olympics confuses me.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Very well said. I completely agree with all of this. The Olympics are for pretentious, high class wannabee, smug people, real sports are for real people.

in a demo at the 92 olympics, the skiers were going downhill at 150 mph, yea high class wannabees not real sports like baseball ... x****

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I can understand that the Olympics aren't some people's cup of tea, but to call it pretentious or smug just comes off as being pretentious and smug. Backwater, your means of expressing your opinion makes you come off as ignorant.

menikmati
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM

No no no Tom. A lot of the Olympic athletes don't have huge contracts, aren't rich, and have no sponsors....and for many of them, they will have one shot at the olympics and then be done.....so for these people to overcome a lot of their own tragedies and adversity, and suit up to compete on the biggest stage in the world, even if for just one time, even if they know they don't stand a shot for a medal, it's pretty inspirational....a lot more so than fuckin T.O. deciding that he didn't like it in Philly, and "cried" over the press questioning Tony Romo's playoff capability. Thats the shit that makes me role my eyes.

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Aaaah, that Hoff loss was heartbreaking.

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Ooops, sorry . . . that wouldn't be a spoiler would it?

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Oooh, that was beautiful!!!!!! Sorry Frenchies.

menikmati
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, that was a hell of a finish.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Oooh, that was beautiful!!!!!! Sorry Frenchies.

yea that was exciting huh .. the (pro) american announcer was saying, well maybe the us can get silver, there is no way they will catch up ... way cool ...x****
maybe a spoiler in hawaii, not sure, hey courtney yoo hoo

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I mean come on, how can you not like the Olympics?

fatbastard
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
USA>France

menikmati
08-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I miss the USA vs. Canada track and field days from the mid/late 90's....seeing Canada dominate the 1996 sprint events was kinda cool since it built up a little rivarly. Then that Donavon Bailey vs. Michael Johnson 150m race came up, and that turned into a complete joke.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM
some people are just down on everything ... they probably rooted for the hunter when bambi's mom was shot because of 2nd admendment rights or something ... pessimists ... x****

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:46 PM
"fargin' bastages"

Backwater
08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I was being facetious people. For the record I was talking about the fans not the athletes and even then I was joking. It's funny you mention baseball because that's the one sport I've always hated. Also, I love the Winter Olympics, those are exciting, not very different from the X Games, especially Aerials and other skiing events. The summer games? Not so much. Besides, everyone knows that the NBA Finals are the real Olympics of basketball. What's next Golf and Football as Olympic events? Hmmm, I wonder who's going to win?

canexplain
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I was being facetious people. For the record I was talking about the fans not the athletes and even then I was joking. It's funny you mention baseball because that's the one sport I've always hated. Also, I love the Winter Olympics, those are exciting, not very different from the X Games, especially Aerials and other skiing events. The summer games? Not so much. Besides, everyone knows that the NBA Finals are the real Olympics of basketball. What's next Golf and Football as Olympic events? Hmmm, I wonder who's going to win?

i watched most of the x games and yes they are and were great ... i watched some tennis today, boreeeeeeeeing, some trapt shooting interesting but boreeeing, cycle races were cool esp the course, getting a little bit bored with vollyball, but ill miss some games now going back to work tue .... we just dominated many sports for so many years, its hard for us to admit we cant win everthing all the time ...x**** cept soccer and we just cant seem to get behind that like the rest of the world ...

algunz
08-10-2008, 10:57 PM
If anything that is my one major complaint about the Olympics. I wish it was only amateur athletes still.

woogie846
08-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Why isn't anyone talking about the U.S. beating France just now in swimming?? That was incredible!! The French were real assholes when they made those comments about the U.S. team, serves them right. I'm really hoping that Phelps gets all 8 gold medals.

Backwater
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Don't worry, vampires always win.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Why isn't anyone talking about the U.S. beating France just now in swimming?? That was incredible!! The French were real assholes when they made those comments about the U.S. team, serves them right. I'm really hoping that Phelps gets all 8 gold medals.

we did talk about it some ... these damn time zone things makes it hard ...x****

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:19 PM
also what about the bela comments and the maybe 4 girls they think are under 16 on the womens gym team ... that whole thing will heat up in the next few days ...x***

woogie846
08-10-2008, 11:25 PM
also what about the bela comments and the maybe 4 girls they think are under 16 on the womens gym team ... that whole thing will heat up in the next few days ...x***

There is no way that they're over 16. A couple of those girls look like they're 12 years old.

canexplain
08-10-2008, 11:32 PM
There is no way that they're over 16. A couple of those girls look like they're 12 years old.

i know, they are saying they think at least one is 12 .. that sucks, why would they cheat but i dont know ... we have no concept of not knowing someones age though these days ... i bet there are millions of kids in africa that they are not sure what their ages are .. but yea, those girls are just that, girls ... bela called them "half people" sure that went over well ....x****

fiyahhh!
08-11-2008, 05:03 AM
That swimming relay was freakin' awesome!!!

fatbastard
08-11-2008, 05:19 AM
It was. I thought the guys handled that situation quite nicely. Can you imagine what those French guys were thinking? My money was on, "Zi need tu shoot mi freekin mouth up next time".

captncrzy
08-11-2008, 07:09 AM
That swimming relay had me move my rear to the END of my couch. That was a great race. I love the races-swimming, sprinting, running, etc.

Also, some of those Chinese girls really do look under 12. Why would they cheat? I think the question is, why wouldn't they? They are under an extreme amount of pressure to bring home the gold in gymnastics-I mean, they start forcing those kids into it at 3. I'm sure it doesn't take much for the government to falsify a few birth certificates....

TomAz
08-11-2008, 07:42 AM
.....so for these people to overcome a lot of their own tragedies and adversity, and suit up to compete on the biggest stage in the world, even if for just one time, even if they know they don't stand a shot for a medal, it's pretty inspirational.....

would you like some cookies with your kool-aid?

marooko
08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
got your sour pants on this week, tom?

TomAz
08-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm just back from vacation. Of course I do. haha.

but erik knows I'm just joking around.

whynotsmile99
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM

what comments did they say exactly?

marooko
08-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm just back from vacation. Of course I do. haha.

but erik knows I'm just joking around.

where did you go, in relation to Beijing? that will keep us on topic, roughly.

HowToDisappear
08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
what comments did they say exactly?

The french team was very heavily favored to win. A newspaper reporter asked them, "what about the Americans?" And they replied, "the Americans? What about them? We're going to smash them. That's what we came for."

TomAz
08-11-2008, 08:22 AM
where did you go, in relation to Beijing? that will keep us on topic, roughly.

Alaska + Canada. not really very close to Beijing at all.

marooko
08-11-2008, 08:22 AM
most of you would never guess im 29. leave them kids alone until you have some evidence.

Hopeless Semantic
08-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Who needs evidence when the official sponsor of China's Woman Gymnastics team is R.Kelly? 'nuff said ;).

Hopeless Semantic
08-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Anyhow, besides the awesome finish between the Men's 400 meter relay and the French, did anyone catch the heartbreaking loss by Hoff? She was inches away from winning the gold and she was beat out by the British. Tough, tough, loss.

whynotsmile99
08-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Anyhow, besides the awesome finish between the Men's 400 meter relay and the French, did anyone catch the heartbreaking loss by Hoff? She was inches away from winning the gold and she was beat out by the British. Tough, tough, loss.

who was Hoff? I did see the women's sync diving the other day. Germans beat the American team by a hair. China destroyed in that event though

Hopeless Semantic
08-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Katie Hoff was the girl who was leading the 200m freestyle with 25m left in the race and was beat by an even slimmer margin than the 4x100m relay race was. Itr was the race that they had the rediculous innerlude about Manaudou and Pelligrini and one of them stole the boyfriend of the other one...yada..yada.

menikmati
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
They gave the Chinese duo in the sync diving some perfect 10's on one of their dives when you CLEARLY see they weren't in sync at all....that was bullshit. It was like a 8.5 tops, no way did some of their dives deserve 10's.

Hopeless Semantic
08-11-2008, 08:48 AM
They gave the Chinese duo in the sync diving some perfect 10's on one of their dives when you CLEARLY see they weren't in sync at all....that was bullshit. It was like a 8.5 tops, no way did some of their dives deserve 10's.

I know. Did you also see the first dive they did? The woman announcer said they were so in synch when the Chinese diver on the left clearly veered to the left of the diving board. She didn't say shit about that, but when the American veered slighty to the left, she made it all sound like it was such a critical mistake. Stupid announcer...stop drinking from the pool water laden Chinese snatch.

whynotsmile99
08-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I know. Did you also see the first dive they did? The woman announcer said they were so in synch when the Chinese diver on the left clearly veered to the left of the diving board. She didn't say shit about that, but when the American veered slighty to the left, she made it all sound like it was such a critical mistake. Stupid announcer...stop drinking from the pool water laden Chinese snatch.

i thought they put an end to perfect 10 scores? Some announcer said something about that. i didn't see any perfect 10s in sync diving, must have started watching too late.
I'm a little confused about the age thing as well. Those Chinese girls were obviously not 16. Some looked like they were 9. I also saw a Russian gymnist who was listed as "15". I don't know whats going on.

Hoff losing must have been brutal if it was closer than the relay. I watched it again and again its so close you can barely see the Americans get it

canexplain
08-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Gymnasts only follow that rule now ...Instead, gymnasts receive two scores -- one an open-ended mark measuring the difficulty of the routine, the other a mark out of 10 for how well it was executed.
so they might get a 10 even in gymnastics but then you add the other part of the score for like 15-17 ....

age rule:

According to the international federation rules, Olympic and world championship competitors must turn 16 during the year they participate.

x****

hows this for a name

Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon

some greek gal, with a name not even this long said they had to use a special font for people like her so they could get her whole name on her outfit ... thats funny ..

canexplain
08-11-2008, 09:43 AM
googled of course .. check out this name lol ...x****

the Guinness World Record for Longest Name in the world belongs to a Mr. Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffwelchevoraltern warengewissenschaftschafe rswessenschafewarenwohlgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbe schutzenvonangreifeudurch ihrraubgierigfeindewelchevoralternzwolftausendjahr esvorandieerscheinenersch einenvanderersteerdemenschderraumschiffgebrauchlic htalsseinursprungvonkraft gestartseinlangefahrthinzwischensternaitigraumaufd ersuchenachdiesternwelche gehabtbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinder neurassevonverstandigmens chlichkeitkonntefortpflanzenundsicherfeuenanlebens langlichfreudeundruhemitn icheinfurchtvorangreifenvonandererintelligentgesch opfsvonhinzwischenternart Zeus igraum Senior, who was born in Munich in 1904 and lived in Philadelphia

chairmenmeow47
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
i didn't get to watch much last night besides gymnastics. i thought shaun johnson (however you spell it) should have gotten at least a 16 for that beam routine. just flawless.

algunz
08-11-2008, 10:25 AM
That Hoff loss was a total heartbreaker. She's got quite a few more chances though, but you could just see the disappoint in her face.

The pressure that those little gymnasts have on them is so intense. Watching the girls keep falling on their butts last night was so frustrating. The US team ended on a good note though.

chairmenmeow47
08-11-2008, 10:27 AM
it was frustrating!!! when that one girl missed the bar, oh man, that was just heartwrenching. or when the other girl fell to the ground on her landing, man. i love when a girl can stick it perfectly on dismount. i raise my fist and say "YEAH!" every time, lol. :x

shakermaker113
08-11-2008, 10:29 AM
googled of course .. check out this name lol ...x****

...there's something a little suspicious about that. I started to read more about it here: http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/worlds_longest_surname/, but I have to get back to work.

Hopeless Semantic
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
i thought they put an end to perfect 10 scores? Some announcer said something about that. i didn't see any perfect 10s in sync diving, must have started watching too late.
I'm a little confused about the age thing as well. Those Chinese girls were obviously not 16. Some looked like they were 9. I also saw a Russian gymnist who was listed as "15". I don't know whats going on.

Hoff losing must have been brutal if it was closer than the relay. I watched it again and again its so close you can barely see the Americans get it

They did away with the "perfect score" for gymnastics, not diving. They're talking about doing the same for all sports--but that'll have to wait until the London games at the earliest.

Edit: My last name has 14 letters in it...lol

algunz
08-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't understand how changing the number changes anything. It's the judges that need to separate their emotions and political ideologies.

chairmenmeow47
08-11-2008, 10:43 AM
i think taking difficulty into account is a fair way of judging. the more difficult routines should be judged accordingly, IMO.

oh, and my god (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/08/world/main4332158.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_4332158).

canexplain
08-11-2008, 11:04 AM
i think taking difficulty into account is a fair way of judging. the more difficult routines should be judged accordingly, IMO.

oh, and my god (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/08/world/main4332158.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_4332158).

they should come to the dnc, sort of a woodstock 99 /r68 all rolled into one ... guess that is kinda cold ....x****

algunz
08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Self-immolation is so 1963.

stinkbutt
08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Fuck the olympics this year

http://www.freetibetnow.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/TibetFlag.98125403_std.jpg

rage patton
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Canada sucks at the Summer Olympics.

algunz
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Maybe Backwater was right. This article just makes Spitz come off as pretentious and smug.

Spitz, once the star, upset over Beijing snub

by Polly Hui
14 hours, 43 minutes ago

HONG KONG (AFP) - US swim legend Mark Spitz won't be on hand in Beijing if Michael Phelps breaks his record of seven gold medals at a single Olympics—because, he says, no one bothered to invite him.

Spitz said the International Olympic Committee, a US television network or FINA—the international body that governs world swimming—should have brought him to the Games this year, with Phelps making a go at his record.

"I never got invited. You don't go to the Olympics just to say, I am going to go. Especially because of who I am," Spitz told AFP in Hong Kong.

"I am going to sit there and watch Michael Phelps break my record anonymously? That's almost demeaning to me. It is not almost—it is."

Spitz became one of the most famous athletes in the world at the 1972 Munich Olympics, winning seven gold medals—with seven world records—in what many consider to be one of the greatest achievements in all of sport.

Phelps is aiming to better that mark in Beijing, hoping to bring home eight golds. And Spitz, now 58 and grey and without his trademark moustache, cannot understand why he wasn't asked along to see the show.

"They voted me one of the top five Olympians in all time. Some of them are dead. But they invited the other ones to go to the Olympics, but not me," he said. "Yes, I am a bit upset about it."

Now a stockbroker and motivational speaker, Spitz also thinks he could have won eight golds himself in Munich if only he had had the chance.

"I won seven events. If they had the 50m freestyle back then, which they do now, I probably would have won that too," he said.

Spitz, whose brief stint in show business in the 1970s never quite matched his success in the pool, said he attended the Athens Olympics four years ago—when Phelps also tried to break the record.

"They did not once put my face on television," he recalled. "But as soon as the swimming was over, and Michael Phelps didn't break my record, every time I went to beach volley, they put my face on the volleyballs."

Spitz said it would have been a great idea if he could be the one presenting the gold medals to Phelps, who has for years been candid about his ambition to eclipse the mark of seven golds.

And Spitz thinks Phelps will succeed—for one very good reason.

"He's almost identical to me. He's a world-record holder in all these events, so he is dominating the events just like I did," Spitz said. "He reminds me of myself."

marooko
08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Canada sucks at the Summer Olympics.

you guys will shine in the winter games. don't worry.

rage patton
08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
you guys will shine in the winter games. don't worry.

We aren't called the "Great White North" for nothing.

canexplain
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
geez i cant believe that spitz article .. i wiked him and he seemed like a silver spoon kid as it were so thats part of it .. and some of what he said makes sense, but the way he said it, hes an a hole ......x****

canexplain
08-11-2008, 01:50 PM
We aren't called the "Great White North" for nothing.

"great white north", yea i get it , but the weather where you live isnt very white in the winter right? your weather is sort of like seattle eh ...ill just say the "great north" :) x****

allyjoy
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
so... I'm a little upset because I missed the opening ceremonies and I can't find it anywhere online. :(

btw: team USA beach volleyball (women's) is kicking ass. I never thought I would enjoy watching it.

marooko
08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
theres a lot of stuff in the Olympics i would not normally watch. being on the world stage just gives it a whole new appeal.

BlackSwan
08-11-2008, 03:00 PM
i like the Olympics, it's one of the only times i can yell "GO AMERICA!!!" and actually mean it.

algunz
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I enjoyed watching women's handball today. Never thought that would be the case. It looks like a fun sport to play.

Bud Luster
08-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I enjoy watching Alicia Sacramone. The press said she was "poor on the floor". I'm willing to find out for myself...

http://www.xarj.net/wp-content/gallery/alicia-photos/alicia-sacramone.jpg

algunz
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, those little gymnastic butts are almost as enjoyable to watch as the perfection of the male swimmer's body.

marooko
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
if you're prevy Mcperv like MR. luster over there. girl is freaking 16.

algunz
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
This article just makes me sad.

Yao has delivered, now it’s China’s turn

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
Aug 10, 5:01 pm EDT

BEIJING – On his way out of the game, Yao Ming thrust his fist through the air, and soon made that long, wobbly walk to the Chinese bench. The end of a brilliant and historic night for basketball, the end of responsibility for Yao. His work is done. Let him rest.

“The game was a treasure,” Yao said, “and it will be a treasure for the rest of my life.”

Here was a surreal sight on Sunday night in these Olympic Games. Here was the embodiment of Yao Ming’s legacy: His heart, his determination, his immensity. He made possible a billion people worldwide watching a basketball game on television. He made possible these blistering ovations and rock-star treatment the U.S. players receive here. He made possible the hundreds of millions of dollars that David Stern can generate here.

And above all, Yao gave China its Olympic flag-bearer and iconic athlete to frame the most important engagement it’s ever had with the world.

“Yao built the bridge for all of us,” Kobe Bryant said.

To watch Yao limp and flail and double over to breathe was to understand the reasons with which his sense of obligation brought him back so soon from another broken foot, another surgery. For Yao, this is his life’s lot. For his own preservation, his own crack at a career undiminished, he needs to tell a most unrelenting Chinese sports machine that its days of running him into the ground are gone.

No more summers with the national team in non-Olympic years, no more of the treatment that’s breaking down his body. The sport’s never seen an athlete of his size who is so skilled, so agile. His lower body has crumbled under the burden, with two broken feet, a broken leg and an infected toe. It breaks your heart to watch what has happened to him. As much as anyone, his body needs rest and recovery. The pounding has taken a terrible toll on him.

“They will continue to pressure him,” one high-ranking international basketball official said of Chinese officials. “The one thing they do with all of their athletes is drive them into the ground with training. The strongest survive. If you don’t, they’ll find another to come and do it.

“I mean, they don’t do little things like block out good airline seats for them when they travel. They can all be in middle seats in coach for all they care, and that’s how Yao travels with them. Whatever happens with his injuries, they’re going to insist that he keeps playing for them.”

The Chinese government had monitored his birth because of the perfect physical and athletic genes of his parents, forever treating him as something of a science project. Yet there’s nothing robotic, nothing programmed, about him. He has such humanity, such a sense of grace and honor. Over time, you can slowly see him assimilating into more of a Western mindset. He has things on his mind. Yes, he has plenty of opinions. It just isn’t his culture’s way to share them.

Poor Yao. The Rockets traded for the tempestuous Ron Artest and Yao’s reaction was perfectly appropriate. What he wanted to know, he said, was if Artest was done pummeling fans in the stands. Essentially, it was his way of asking: Will this clown ever get it right? Fair question, but the surprising bite to his words created a reaction that immediately sent Yao scurrying to make public and private apologies.

Yao showed a little edge, and he needs to do it again. After these Games, he needs to use the leverage of his popularity, his earning power in China and tell the regime that he’s done with the grinding national team calendar. Tell them that they’ll see him in 2012 in London, and that if they leave him alone, maybe he’ll make it there as an elite player.

When Yao crumbled with a stress fracture, necessitating the fourth surgery on his lower body in the past two years, his old Houston Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy pleaded that Yao – or someone close with a willingness to be the bad guy – has to learn the word “No.”

Still, Yao gives China its biggest star in these Olympics. Here, everything is about saving face, and the under-manned Chinese did that with a respectable showing. Yao missed seven of 10 shots and spent so much of his night crumpled over, holding his shorts, gasping for breath. He gave them one moment, though. Before the U.S. turned its Pool B game into a dunking line, Yao started it all. Of all things, he backed behind the three-point line and delivered the game’s first basket. Such a roar in this jammed building, such a poetic moment. After all, Yao has always defied range and reach.

“I felt honored to be there watching that,” U.S. point guard Chris Paul said. “It felt like a storybook when he hit that shot.’

So yes, everybody has made a killing on Yao Ming and he is tired and beaten and owed something here. Owed big. No one ever came to the NBA with his hype and pressure, with so many people openly pulling for him to be a flop. He was a mysterious figure out of the Far East and he felt like a threat. Now, everyone understands: The NBA needs Yao, the way China does. Only, he counted on them looking out for his best interests. They’ve bled him dry. His time, his turn now.

For once in his life, Yao needs it to be about him. He’s never going to lose face, but he could have his career cut far too short. Whatever’s happened, Yao must tell China’s government: Enough is enough – we’re even.

algunz
08-11-2008, 05:03 PM

She's 20.

Bud Luster
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Gunz is correct. She is 20. I actually noticed her while she was at Brown University.

allyjoy
08-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd hit it

Newro7ic
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
She's 20.

Really? Let the gawking begin.

menikmati
08-11-2008, 05:34 PM
born 1987

canexplain
08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
this is not a spoiler... i like the wedding ring story of the vollyball gal .. that chinese dude got a pat on the butt .... x****

marooko
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I enjoy watching Alicia Sacramone. The press said she was "poor on the floor". I'm willing to find out for myself...

http://www.xarj.net/wp-content/gallery/alicia-photos/alicia-sacramone.jpg

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!1 Look at them legs and ass.
I thought she was the younger one at first glance.

canexplain
08-11-2008, 06:08 PM

you would be a perv if you think these olympian butts are hot ... x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/olympichorse.jpg

captncrzy
08-11-2008, 06:58 PM
this is not a spoiler... i like the wedding ring story of the vollyball gal .. that chinese dude got a pat on the butt .... x****

I just saw that on NBC, that was hilarious. That dude looked pretty pleased.

sbessiso
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
muh boi Phelps is killing them. :pulse!

algunz
08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Watching the men's gymnastics is stressing me out.

Backwater
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
BRO!!!!! That's how we ROLL!!!!! OMFG the US Men's Gynastic's Team are all the biggest tool's in the universe. You roll in 3rd place, way to roll bro!

woogie846
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
kevin tan = epic fail

Backwater
08-11-2008, 11:50 PM
the athleticism required by the Olympics just can't be touched by a dude on a skateboard.

You fail, hard, seriously Dude.

menikmati
08-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I think that's sarcasm.

Backwater
08-12-2008, 12:53 AM
menikmati, I think you're whole being is sarcasm. You're parents weren't really serious when they made you, right? Good God, I hope not.

Heresy
08-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Gahhhhhhhh I'm missing all the Olympics. Has gymnastics started yet? I've only seen bits of diving and the 100M relay race (swimming)

chairmenmeow47
08-12-2008, 09:36 AM
i thought this didn't seem right (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/The-Chinese-pulled-a-Milli-Vanilli-during-the-Op?urn=oly,100162)

also, the little girl "playing" the piano with the early 20s pop-star guy, that looked fake too. at one point she was literally playing on her lap. not that it's a huge deal, just think it's kinda funny.

Westy
08-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Gahhhhhhhh I'm missing all the Olympics. Has gymnastics started yet? I've only seen bits of diving and the 100M relay race (swimming)

They've been showing the Team gymnastics on the TV the last couple of nights. When does the track and field start? Is it the 2nd week?

menikmati
08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
yeah, track and field starts the second week...I'm excited for all the sprint races (100m, 200m, 400m) and the relay races.

chairmenmeow47
08-12-2008, 09:45 AM
i wish they wouldn't splice the gymnastics stuff inbetween swimming. i'm not a big swimming fan, mainly because i suck at swimming so it's not as fun for me to watch since i don't know the sport well. but i wish they had the program seperated so you could DVR by sport. my dvr is so full!!!

algunz
08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Can we ban Backwater just from this thread?