PDA

View Full Version : Working Security at a Venue

clumsy342
08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Okay, I'm unsure about how to play this.
I might be getting a job working security at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland.
It would have its upsides and downsides. But the BIG downside would be working hours that directly conflict with my ability to still go see shows.

And there are SO many shows coming up here. Its INSANE..
Just found out The Octopus Project is going to be here too. Two days before Radiohead to boot.

Anyhow.. I guess what I want to know is.. Has anyone on here ever worked security at a venue? Or know anyone who has? It seems like it might be a bummer. I might not take the job.. hmm..

Wouldn't it suck if a band was playing that you REALLY liked but you had to stand there, facing the crowd and look like you're not enjoying it?

bluemamba
08-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Take the job man. Free live shows and imagine all the T&A youll grab from trying to pull out people fainting.

clumsy342
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Funny you say that. The Faint is playing tonight at the Crystal Ballroom.

Somewhat Damaged
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't work security. Pay's probably not very good and it's boring as fuck. You've gotta have other options, right?

clumsy342
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Pickin's are slim. But it might be alright. I don't know what it pays yet. But the hours seem pretty flexible. I don't know... I also really REALLY want to be able to go to Musicfest NW. Fucking BATTLES got added. They're playing with No Age.

RotationSlimWang
08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I was a floorman at a couple clubs/bars on the shore, I only recommend doing it if you're both comfortable with and preferably enjoy having to manhandle people.

clumsy342
08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I typically only manhandle myself.

...or have to pay others to do it.