PDA

View Full Version : Two Juggalos nearly decapitate teen

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700247105,00.html

Two men were arrested Tuesday by Salt Lake County sheriff's deputies after investigators say they attacked a teenager with a medieval battle ax.

The key to catching the men was their apparent affiliation with Juggalos.

The men, both 21, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. The two were at the home of a 17-year-old Kearns boy at about 4:30 a.m.

One of the men was jealous of the victim text messaging a girl, according to jail documents. He also believed he contracted a sexually transmitted disease from the girl, which she in turn got from the victim, jail documents state.

During the altercation with the victim, that man stabbed the teen with a knife and the other man struck him with a medieval battle ax type of weapon in the back of his neck, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Paul Jaroscak. Doctors needed about 300 stitches to close the wound, he said. He was last listed in critical condition at a local hospital.

"The detective investigating the case said the ax could have very well have decapitated him," Jaroscak said.

The weapon used has also been described as a four-sided "warrior's ax," according to the sheriff's office.

getting too hyphy on that faygo :eek:

tessalasset
08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
um thats not as bad as the greyhound bus murder.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
so the juggalos got shown up, huh? well i don't know if they'll be too pleased with that.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that's more like Darwin's truth coming into play...the Canuck Decapitaiton Bus Murder is by far a more sinister thing...

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
that bus shit is unfuckingcool. people from winnipeg, man...

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I was waiting for your take, Pilgrim. I was expecting that shit to happen in Nebraska or something, not Canada lol.

zenidogx
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
canucks are crazier than juggalos.
you learn something new every day.

Heresy
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow...when will the Juggalos just kill each other off and go away forever?

Boourns
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
STD's, battle axes, faygo, crystal meth, and white trash make for a deadly mix.

dorkfish
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=108390479

menikmati
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
this is when I'm in favor of the death penalty...just kill these motherfuckers and forget about them.

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, why not just kill everyone.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 10:59 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=108390479

http://a626.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/96/l_6af1668796704295a3dc97576a16a6b1.jpg

kreutz2112
agreed erik, dont even try them. the cops just need to carry around a lethal injection syringe and end these peoples lives on the spot.

menikmati
Yeah, why not just kill everyone.

no, just kill these morons who think it's cool and okay to go and kill someone while they're sleeping with a battle ax. They're not sorry they did it, and they are definitely not smart, so keeping them around does nobody any good.

PassiveTheory
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
...I'm speechless. As long as these people continue to plague our collective human existence, there's no hope for change and evolution.

kreutz2112
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
oh hai, this was in slc hahahahaha. HOLLA.

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry, I am fully, FULLY anti-death penalty. There is no excuse for killing anyone imo.

marooko
08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
DUDE!!!i want a fucking battle axe!!

kreutz2112
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry, I am fully, FULLY anti-death penalty. There is no excuse for killing anyone imo.

what if they repeatedly raped and then killed your daughters?

Boourns
Edit: nevermind.

amyzzz
anti-death penalty

menikmati
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Yeah but what good does it do to lock people up like this? Waste resources and money on keeping them alive? I'm not pro death penalty all the time, but on people this inhumane and stupid, there is no benefit to anyone on keeping their existence. Kill them and move on. It does everybody good.

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=096_1217580722

police scanner radio from on the scene.

wait for the very end D:

Heresy
08-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I forgot where on the forum, but there was an article about Russia banning emos (or something along those lines).

I say we should ban Juggalos.

Cdubby
Is that the greyhound butcher? He's a juggalo too? Jesus H Christ. Send all fucking juggalos to internment camps. Obviously this juggalo crime wave has only begun.

thats the greyhound victim

r.i.p. juggalo

frozen pilgrim
radio from the greyhound bus, not the juggalo fuckage

kreutz2112
zzz, so you're saying you would stand idly by while the people who raped and killed your daughters continued to live their lives not to mention waste taxpayers money?

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
wait, the greyhound butcher killed a juggalo?!

holy shit, this is starting to make more sense.
us canadians are ape-shit crazy, but not usually randomly and unjustifiably. if the greyhound victim was a juggalo....

PassiveTheory
08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Actually, if I remember reading this correctly, it's more expensive to send a prisoner to his death and keep him on death row because of all the legal expenditures, appeals, and other bullshit than to sentence someone to life in prison.

kreutz2112
08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
source. now.

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
this is unreal that these two things came together by accident in this thread

PassiveTheory
Law class text books from 2 years ago?... I don't keep up on this shit.

EDIT: The reason I remember reading that is, the logical argument is that prisoners sentenced to death are one and done, that it's cheaper to send a prisoner to die than to keep him in prison for life. But apparently it's the opposite.

Maybe it has to do with the kind of treatment death row prisoners get? And, again, death row prisoners definitely appeal more often than life in prison inmates.

amyzzz
zzz, so you're saying you would stand idly by while the people who raped and killed your daughters continued to live their lives not to mention waste taxpayers money?
I'm saying I wouldn't vengefully kill (or want the system to kill) someone who killed my daughters, yes. There's no point to it. They can rot in jail for life. Or whatever. As long as they're incarcerated.

menikmati
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Actually, if I remember reading this correctly, it's more expensive to send a prisoner to his death and keep him on death row because of all the legal expenditures, appeals, and other bullshit than to sentence someone to life in prison.

The whole death row system needs a complete work over. If this was something to actually fear, maybe people would start thinking twice. But for now, it's a fucking joke.

kreutz2112
08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm saying I wouldn't vengefully kill (or want the system to kill) someone who killed my daughters, yes. There's no point to it. They can rot in jail for life. Or whatever. As long as they're incarcerated.

fair enough. If someone did that to my daughters or any member of my family I would find satisfaction in brutally murdering them with a battle axe.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
this is unreal that these two things came together by accident in this thread

NyiDfZjiif8

menikmati
learn to post YT vids correctly.

Boourns
if the greyhound victim was a juggalo....

...then no crime was committed.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
learn to post YT vids correctly.

what? your attempt at trolling, denied.

menikmati
08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
what? you're attempt at trolling, denied.

I fixed it for you. You only have to put whatever is after the ?v= inside the YT tags.

menikmati
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
what? your attempt at trolling, denied.

Right, I had to fucking fix it for you because you have no idea how to do it correctly. So you failed, bad. Dumbass.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I fixed it for you. You only have to put whatever is after the ?v= inside the YT tags.

you're so sweet, i wouldn't decapitate you if i sat behind you on the greyhound bus. :lips

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
BESIDE

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Right, I had to fucking fix it for you because you have no idea how to do it correctly. So you failed, bad. Dumbass.

oh now you're a tough guy, give me a break, ******.

PassiveTheory
08-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Why don't you two rent a room already.

RotationSlimWang
08-01-2008, 11:18 AM
...I'm speechless. As long as these people continue to plague our collective human existence, there's no hope for change and evolution.

God fucking dammit you say some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life awfully frequently. If Juggalos need to go for there to be hope for change and evolution then you gotta go with them, motherfucker.

P.S. Wicked clowns never die.

Heresy
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
you're so sweet, i wouldn't decapitate you if i sat behind you on the greyhound bus. :lips

Hahahaaha

menikmati
oh now you're a tough guy, give me a break, ******.

I guess asking you to show any intelligence is too much to ask for. Figures.

amyzzz
P.S. Wicked clowns never die.
+100

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
oh wait, I forgot.
randy's a god damn juggalo.

explains why he adores crack. I should really try to keep that shit in mind.

Cdubby
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Why don't you two rent a room already.

only if he rubs his sexy little chin hair on my bellybutton after making me some frozen pizza

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
or shit...

was that sarcasm when it first happened?

I don't fucking remember.
that's what I get for only trying to keep track as of... well, a couple months ago, really

RotationSlimWang
08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
r7Hc3gNqWzM

I'm going to ICP all over your fucking faces now, all day, all threads.

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I just like the wicked clowns line. I have no idea what this music sounds like, but I assume it must be bad if methheads like it.

Boourns
08-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I just like the wicked clowns line. I have no idea what this music sounds like, but I assume it must be bad if methheads like it.

wCH_drbSA7k

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 11:30 AM
it's... it's prety awful.

it's bad enough that most of the time, when a friend says they like it, you know they're just kidding around to elicit a reaction.

JustSteve
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
The whole death row system needs a complete work over. If this was something to actually fear, maybe people would start thinking twice. But for now, it's a fucking joke.

what about the people on death row who are innocent? dna is freeing quite a few people these days who have done hard time for a crime they weren't ever involved in to begin with. i wonder how many innocents have been murdered by the state.

sbessiso
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
only if he rubs his sexy little chin hair on my bellybutton after making me some frozen pizza

These are the type of comments that have been getting me in trouble!

RotationSlimWang
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
what about the people on death row who are innocent? dna is freeing quite a few people these days who have done hard time for a crime they weren't ever involved in to begin with. i wonder how many innocents have been murdered by the state.

Menik has a conveniently confident view of the world. He's not phased by the moral dilemma of the death penalty and he'll set you straight on how pointless a bullet train from SF to LA would be, too.

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
He is also very anti-space travel. And anti-moon landing. ;)

woogie846
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I never heard about the greyhound bus murderer. What's that all about?

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Woogie, look in the Article 2.0 section or I'll link it as well...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396043,00.html

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
The only good juggalo is a dead juggalo.

Amen.

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
damn right.

anyone else want to plan a good old fashioned bomb threat for the gathering of the juggalos?

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Woogie, look in the Article 2.0 section or I'll link it as well...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396043,00.html
horrifying.

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
slightly less horrifying knowing the victim was in fact an ICP fan

not joking.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe the perp was a Slipknot fan?

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 02:59 PM
nope.

asian

linkin park.

Hopeless Semantic
nope.

asian

linkin park.

Not all of us are Linkin Park fans, you know. :)

amyzzz
nope. still as horrifying.

Memorial_07
08-01-2008, 03:01 PM
some juggalos have done worse.
but these juggalos are stupid because they couldn't even fully decapitate the kid

RotationSlimWang
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
The only good juggalo is a dead juggalo.

See: rules regarding inability of wicked clowns to die.

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
apparently, that rule doesn't apply at the hands of pissed off asian-canadians

frozen pilgrim
08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
er, at the knives, rather.

fourty oz
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
man white people are way crazyer then blacks this proves it!!!

Somewhat Damaged
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Menik has a conveniently confident view of the world. He's not phased by the moral dilemma of the death penalty and he'll set you straight on how pointless a bullet train from SF to LA would be, too.

So you wouldn't even advocate the death penalty in cases like, say, Ted Bundy or the BTK Killer? Cases where there is absolutely no doubt that the person was responsible for numerous brutal murders? Bear in mind that when Ted Bundy was initially jailed, he managed to escape and went on an even more brazenly barbarous rampage than he had before. I'm not saying that everybody who's convicted of murder should automatically get the death penalty, but I don't think it should be abolished either. Better to have it handy for the undeniable scum who would pose a threat to the safety and well being of everybody they were to come in contact with either in prison -- be they other inmates or correctional officers -- or, god forbid, if they managed to escape.

Would you really argue that Bundy should still be hanging out in prison instead of having been put to death in the electric chair? Not every life is worth keeping around.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 09:40 PM
So you wouldn't even advocate the death penalty in cases like, say, Ted Bundy or the BTK Killer? Cases where there is absolutely no doubt that the person was responsible for numerous brutal murders? Bear in mind that when Ted Bundy was initially jailed, he managed to escape and went on an even more brazenly barbarous rampage than he had before. I'm not saying that everybody who's convicted of murder should automatically get the death penalty, but I don't think it should be abolished either. Better to have it handy for the undeniable scum who would pose a threat to the safety and well being of everybody they were to come in contact with either in prison -- be they other inmates or correctional officers -- or, god forbid, if they managed to escape.

Would you really argue that Bundy should still be hanging out in prison instead of having been put to death in the electric chair? Not every life is worth keeping around.

Great points. Bundy, though, was unlucky in one regard--he got caught killing in Florida. At the time of his arrest, there wasa moratorium on the death penalty in California and I read somewhere he was travelling through our state. If he had either decided to take up residence in California or stayed in his home state of Washington then he would still more than likely be in jail (see: Charlie Manson, the Hillside Stranglers, and Richard Ramirez...I think). But since he decided to attack the U of Florida students, he was tried and paid the price he should've.

(Though he should've paid in the same manner he had done to his victims.)

Somewhat Damaged
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
(Though he should've paid in the same manner he had done to his victims.)

But that's getting into the whole "eye for an eye" thing, which is the trump card for people who oppose the death penalty. You know, like those bumper stickers that read: "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" My stance is one of the death penalty being a preventative measure -- if a person would pose a threat to killing or maiming more people should they remain alive, then their execution would effectively eliminate that risk. It's not a revenge thing, thereby taking out the anti-death penalty faction's biggest argument.

EDIT: Also, I think the main reason Manson never got the death penalty is 'cause he never actually killed anybody. He just orchestrated the attacks. Could be wrong but I'm 6 drinks in and don't care to research the matter.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 09:55 PM
But that's getting into the whole "eye for an eye" thing, which is the trump card for people who oppose the death penalty. You know, like those bumper stickers that read: "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" My stance is one of the death penalty being a preventative measure -- if a person would pose a threat to killing or maiming more people should they remain alive, then their execution would effectively eliminate that risk. It's not a revenge thing, thereby taking out the anti-death penalty faction's biggest argument.

I see where you're coming from with the anti-death penalty argument...

How, though, is the death penalty failing as a preventative measure? In states where they execute the highest amount of killers--it is doing little to deter homicides.

Hmm...but then again life in prison isn't doing it either...

Somewhat Damaged
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
How, though, is the death penalty failing as a preventative measure? In states where they execute the highest amount of killers--it is doing little to deter homicides.

Hmm...but then again life in prison isn't doing it either...

When I say preventative measure, I don't mean that it'll prevent other people from committing murder. People are fucking stupid; you can't assume they'll be bright enough to realize their actions could have severe consequences. What I mean by preventative measure is, if the BTK Killer were to be executed, he would no longer pose any threat to the life of any other person. Thus, you would prevent his ability to ever kill again. You can't account for what other idiots are going to do.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 10:31 PM
When I say preventative measure, I don't mean that it'll prevent other people from committing murder. People are fucking stupid; you can't assume they'll be bright enough to realize their actions could have severe consequences. What I mean by preventative measure is, if the BTK Killer were to be executed, he would no longer pose any threat to the life of any other person. Thus, you would prevent his ability to ever kill again. You can't account for what other idiots are going to do.

So, in this paragraph--you've basically stated the aim of the death penalty. However, are we preventing a killer from killing in jail or what? I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing the BTK killer is not going to be able to continue his trade on society any longer. Unless he shanks someone on death row, his killing days are done. What would be the reason, now, to execute him? It would be to get a type of revenge (not revenge in the sense we're all used to) for the past victims. I don't see how it can mainfest itself as a solution to an already imprisoned serial killer.

menikmati
08-02-2008, 07:58 AM
He is also very anti-space travel. And anti-moon landing. ;)

I'm very anxious to see what the Mythbusters come up with when they test the fake moon landing theory. It's all gonna be lunacy, har har!

Memorial_07
08-02-2008, 08:57 AM
it's ironic i posted in this thread...my avatar says decapitated on it.

bmack86
08-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Charles Manson received the death penalty, but the death penalty was revoked for a time in the 70s in California, so his sentence was reduced to life without parole. To reinstate the death penalty charge once it was reintroduced into California law, they would have had to retry him for the same crimes, which, as we all know, is against the constitution. If they were able to find some of the buried corpses he talked about in Death Valley, they could try him again and maybe give him the death penalty once again. He'd be someone whose death would make an impact, as he's an image for many people, and wiping him out effectively rather than letting him live in his cell and broadcast his lunatic views out to the world at large would make a statement.

RotationSlimWang
08-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Corporal punishment should be brought back. I especially support public canings and hangings.

Mr.Nipples
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM
they hang people with construction cranes in the middle east...no muss, no fuss

frozen pilgrim
08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
nice

bmack86
08-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Stockades

RotationSlimWang
08-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Starship Troopers--the original novel written by a genius and not the movie translated by despicable idiots--put forth the argument for why corporal punishment is wisely returned to the justice system in America sometime in the first half of the 21st century to finally curtail society's spiraling out of control towards chaos and lawlessness.

I don't get to set foot in a single LA social establishment (bar, club) for any length of time without starting to think about how much the people I overhear needed to be punched in the nose more, and how I'm gonna be sure to punch my children regularly so they never end up like that. And frankly, I think there's a fuckload to be said for the advantages of simple, time-efficient, cost-efficient doling of punishment through temporary pain with no real danger. And don't give me "cruel and unusual," cause there's nothing unusual about simple negative reinforcement.

locachica73
08-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Interesting Saturday morning reading. I love this board, I can go from reading enchilada recipes to drunken beer recomendations to males flirting to discussions about bras and revirginization to discussions on death penalty all in one setting. :)

Pixiessp
08-02-2008, 09:51 AM
1 more post loca. better start planning.

Somewhat Damaged
08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
So, in this paragraph--you've basically stated the aim of the death penalty. However, are we preventing a killer from killing in jail or what? I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing the BTK killer is not going to be able to continue his trade on society any longer. Unless he shanks someone on death row, his killing days are done. What would be the reason, now, to execute him? It would be to get a type of revenge (not revenge in the sense we're all used to) for the past victims. I don't see how it can manifest itself as a solution to an already imprisoned serial killer.

BTK Killer was just an example. I've seen numerous of those Lockup documentaries that they have on the National Geographic Channel, and they all inevitably have a story on some guy who's serving a life sentence for murder who wound up murdering somebody else while in jail (say, a cellmate) or used a crude weapon to injure a corrections officer. And while the BTK Killer, again as a for instance, probably won't find the same types of victims while in prison as he murdered when he was free, you can't state with 100% certainty that "his killing days are done." Maybe they are, perhaps they aren't. I would rather err on the side of caution, especially since there's no question that he did in fact murder all the people he was accused of murdering.

greghead
08-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Charles Manson received the death penalty, but the death penalty was revoked for a time in the 70s in California, so his sentence was reduced to life without parole. To reinstate the death penalty charge once it was reintroduced into California law, they would have had to retry him for the same crimes, which, as we all know, is against the constitution. If they were able to find some of the buried corpses he talked about in Death Valley, they could try him again and maybe give him the death penalty once again. He'd be someone whose death would make an impact, as he's an image for many people, and wiping him out effectively rather than letting him live in his cell and broadcast his lunatic views out to the world at large would make a statement.

Charlie's a pussy, he didn't kill anybody. There aren't any more of "his" victims in the fucking desert. Charlie knows that spectacle is more powerful than truth, and as long as people listen to him, he feels like a big man w/o actually having to get his dainty little hands dirty.

Corporal punishment should be brought back. I especially support public canings and hangings.

I support this. Once again, the power of the spectacle is immeasurable.

JustSteve
08-02-2008, 12:08 PM
what we need is an island to send all the convicts to, let them figure it all out themselves.

that compound from the movie face/off was pretty f'n rad, too. some sort of old oil platform would work...

greghead
08-02-2008, 12:12 PM
what we need is an island to send all the convicts to, let them figure it all out themselves.

Tell that to Ray Liotta

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll239/greg-head/No_escape_poster.jpg

RotationSlimWang
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
hg186kLAG0g

Cdubby
08-02-2008, 01:01 PM
yes, thank you

fourty oz
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM
yo i new a homies uncle down the block from me in san qentin

shit aints no joke he didnt do ne thing wrong either fuck death row

JustSteve
08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
dumbest alias ever? so far it is looking so...

BlueDevil50
08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
sorry...but you gotta be crazy not to believe in the death penalty. that bastard from canada has lost his right to live. there's no reason for taxpayers to keep his ass alive. when something is as cut and dry as this, i think he should no longer get the benefit of living. oh, and make that death the most horrific and drawn out death for him, he deserves to suffer. makes me sick...

comiddle
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM

And then 200 years later they come back as tourists.
We call them Aussies.

fourty oz
08-02-2008, 05:20 PM
dumbest alias ever? so far it is looking so...

alias ***** wtf you on one

RotationSlimWang
08-02-2008, 07:00 PM
sorry...but you gotta be crazy not to believe in the death penalty. that bastard from canada has lost his right to live. there's no reason for taxpayers to keep his ass alive. when something is as cut and dry as this, i think he should no longer get the benefit of living. oh, and make that death the most horrific and drawn out death for him, he deserves to suffer. makes me sick...

Really? It's that cut and dry, huh? First let's disregard the fact that it actually costs more money to pursue a death sentence through to completion than it does to sustain a prisoner for their natural lives--lengthy appeals system costs a lot of money--and just focus on your clear moral barometer for a second, Judge Dredd.

This guy was clearly pretty out of his mind. Now before we start declaring who has lost their right to live and who should SUFFER to death on top of that... do the psychotic rate more deserving or less deserving as murderers? Not arguing one way or another, just asking--I'd like to understand how you're so attuned to perceiving the distinction between righteously murdering a convict and the unacceptably inhuman murder that they committed in the first place.

He killed one person, eh? I know plenty of American servicemen who've killed more than one person in the name of a similarly righteous and upstanding mass-murdering operation called our military. Now is the only reason they're absolved of any blame for choosing to end other humans' lives because it's not really "them" doing it, it's our government making them do it? Kinda like how you're so fucking quick to spew your hard lines where finally real justice gets meted out... as long as it's the government doing it. Now if you're personally willing to torture and murder him, that I'd respect, though I'm positive you couldn't go through with it.

It's so easy to avoid facing the moral realities of our actions with that government around, isn't it? The people making decisions that end lives never have to actually touch blood and the ones that carry out the decisions can always point the finger at the politicians for making bad decisions that caused them to murder unfairly. Nobody has to own up to judgment.

BlueDevil50
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
wow...

greghead
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
It's so easy to avoid facing the moral realities of our actions with that government around, isn't it? The people making decisions that end lives never have to actually touch blood and the ones that carry out the decisions can always point the finger at the politicians for making bad decisions that caused them to murder unfairly. Nobody has to own up to judgment.

Well said

MissingPerson
08-02-2008, 07:58 PM
He'd be someone whose death would make an impact, as he's an image for many people, and wiping him out effectively rather than letting him live in his cell and broadcast his lunatic views out to the world at large would make a statement.

This just doesn't work. There are a million weird old freaks who became symbols in their deaths, moreso than they ever did in life. It would be unbelievably stupid to execute him. As it is, he's some demented crank babbling on about whatever's on his crazy old mind at the minute. To kill him would be to validate him as a martyr figure, and make him far, far more dangerous than it is now.

Regarding the death penalty, it's been proven that detection rates have a far higher impact in terms of deterrance than the actual punishment itself - beyond a certain threshold, obviously - so that, to me, is a discarded argument.

After that, all I see is a need for mob justice, and that ain't no justice at all. Because mobs are stupid. It doesn't undo the crime, so what constructive use does it serve, really? You just bereave somebody else. Just disposing of undesirables, and I don't trust anybody with that responsibility.

Blinken
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
So i was tripping pretty hard on Saturday, and my friends housemate thought it was a good idea to fuck with me. He comes downstairs while i am messing with the computer and not paying attention in a Lucho Libre mask with a Santa hat on, and asks me what I am looking at. When I turned around I thought for a second that it was Juggalo coming to kill me thanks to this thread. I just turned back around, before I looked again at him and started started laughing my ass off.