PDA

View Full Version : Worst band I have ever seen!

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Last night I went and saw Coheed & Cambria (who were really good by the way) and one of thier openers honestly qualifies as the worst band I've ever seen. Has anyone ever heard of The Secret Machines? It was fucking brutal. They sounded like Nine Inch Nails, if NIN played a show the exact day they learned to play their instruments. Each song had about 2 notes total for 11 minutes. I looked around and everyone had the same annoyed/blank looks on their faces. It actually got to the point where it was so bad that it was funny. My friend and I just looked at each other and started laughing. When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.

Tylerdurden31
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
how the fuck does Secret Machines sound anything like NIN?

suprefan
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Last night I went and saw Coheed & Cambria (who were really good by the way) and one of thier openers honestly qualifies as the worst band I've ever seen. Has anyone ever heard of The Secret Machines? It was fucking brutal. They sounded like Nine Inch Nails, if NIN played a show the exact day they learned to play their instruments. Each song had about 2 notes total for 11 minutes. I looked around and everyone had the same annoyed/blank looks on their faces. It actually got to the point where it was so bad that it was funny. My friend and I just looked at each other and started laughing. When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.

You be on crack. also if you had any sense, Secret Machines have played Coachella....

chairmenmeow47
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
worst band i've ever seen is the mars volta. my god, MY GOD what crap. i remember my friend steve and i doing laps around america west arena to avoid them before system of a down.

no redeaming social value was pretty fucking bad too. 3 songs about old e, really?! though they did piss on a toilet and light it on fire, so they had that going for them.

zenidogx
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
i'd like to see Secret Machines.

but, uh, Coheed and Cambria were really good? questionable.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.

That's because you were at a CAC show. CAC fans have no taste, obviously there into CAC.

apostle2
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM

Seen them live a couple times, they are great. And their fan base is pretty rabid. I wouldn't trust a coheed crowd to appreciate ANYTHING that wasn't a Rush raping wank fest

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
i'd like to see Secret Machines.

but, uh, Coheed and Cambria were really good? questionable.

I like about 3 or 4 of their songs on record, but I enjoyed them live.

Derekx
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
One of the worst bands I have seen was Coheed and Cambria.

TommyboyUNM
how the fuck does Secret Machines sound anything like NIN?

Well NIN is good, so they don't. But it seemed like they were going for that sound. And maybe I'm confusing Secret Machines and Russian Circles. One of the bands was an all-instrumental band and not bad, the other really wasn't good at all. Maybe they just had an off night? Lol.

elChurro
Listing coheed and cambria as 'good' negates any further opinion you might have about music from here on out.

sbessiso
07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
andrew bird might be the worst i've ever seen

edit: I guess TECHNICALLY he's not a band, but you kno what I mean

enriquevs
07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
i second that mars volta opinion

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Listing coheed and cambria as 'good' negates any further opinion you might have about music from here on out.

They really surprised the hell outta me. I have to be honest. I'm not gonna run home and listen to their cds, but I liked the concert.

jigsaw
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I would have to imagine that Coheed and Cambrea and System of A Down would both be pretty horrible.

I liked the Secret Machines song "Nowhere Again".

chairmenmeow47
07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
system of a down is a FUN show. they give 100% the entire time. great showmen :)

luckyface
07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Well NIN is good, so they don't. But it seemed like they were going for that sound. And maybe I'm confusing Secret Machines and Russian Circles. One of the bands was an all-instrumental band and not bad, the other really wasn't good at all. Maybe they just had an off night? Lol.

Russian Circles is all instrumental, and they are pretty good. I have not seen the new version of Secret Machines with the new guitarist, but at least the old version kicked major ass. I don't see how they could be bad. Terrible comparison to NIN, as they sound virtually nothing alike.

luckyface
07-31-2008, 09:51 AM
system of a down is a FUN show. they give 100% the entire time. great showmen :)

Serj's vocals are almost as unbearable as The Mars Volta's. But nothing can touch the musical atrocity that is TMV when you combine the whole package.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Serj's vocals are almost as unbearable as The Mars Volta's. But nothing can touch the musical atrocity that is TMV when you combine the whole package.

Amen.

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Russian Circles is all instrumental, and they are pretty good. I have not seen the new version of Secret Machines with the new guitarist, but at least the old version kicked major ass. I don't see how they could be bad. Terrible comparison to NIN, as they sound virtually nothing alike.

Might be a terrible comparison because I've never heard Secret Machines on record. Every song they played had the same feel off of something from The Fragile, only it wasn't good. The lead singer tried to get all intense and sound like Trent. I'm a big NIN fan and I wouldn't say a band tried to sound like them if I really didn't think they did.

212margarita
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
The Mars Volta is so awful live...i actually like thier albums, but their refusal to stop dicking around and just play real music is just ridiculous.

RotationSlimWang
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Sleater Kinney at Coach 06.

Boourns
07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
worst band i've ever seen is the mars volta. my god, MY GOD what crap. i remember my friend steve and i doing laps around america west arena to avoid them before system of a down.

no redeaming social value was pretty fucking bad too. 3 songs about old e, really?! though they did piss on a toilet and light it on fire, so they had that going for them.

Thank you! I saw them open for A Perfect Circle and it was the most agonizing hour ever. Well, either that or seeing Sparta before the Pixies reunion.

That's because you were at a CAC show. CAC fans have no taste, obviously there into CAC.

You have the best sig on this board.

zenidogx
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
peeping tom

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
The Mars Volta is so awful live...i actually like thier albums, but their refusal to stop dicking around and just play real music is just ridiculous.

They were a band that I tried to talk myself into liking and I just couldn't. I can honestly say I kinda like 1 Mars Volta song. It's called Drunkship of Lanterns. These guys I used to work with always told me how great At The Drive-In was and said they are better than TMV and Sparta. If you see video of an ATDI show, it's a fuckin train wreck and not enjoyable.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
They were a band that I tried to talk myself into liking and I just couldn't. I can honestly say I kinda like 1 Mars Volta song. It's called Drunkship of Lanterns. These guys I used to work with always told me how great At The Drive-In was and said they are better than TMV and Sparta. If you see video of an ATDI show, it's a fuckin train wreck and not enjoyable.

You had to see them live, not on youtube. They were absolutly amazing.

aeroplanee
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Thank you! I saw them open for A Perfect Circle and it was the most agonizing hour ever. Well, either that or seeing Sparta before the Pixies reunion.

TMV>>>>>>>> Sparta

allyjoy
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Des Moines Boyz. Hip hop in Iowa. I ran away.

dorkfish
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
First TMV EP >>>>> Sparta
As TMV's career progressed <<<< Sparta's output*

*Sparta's CDs weren't that good...

Random fact of the day: Coheed and Sparta share the same manager. He sometimes tours with either band and he's always wearing cargo shorts.

Memorial_07
07-31-2008, 10:30 AM
worst band i have ever seen live has to be my morning jacket probably.

Boourns
07-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Uffie was a disaster at Coachella.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM

Yea she was, and i even dig her music.

RotationSlimWang
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
TMV is a damn good rival for Sleater. Fuck, that's hard. But I remember in the performance on the Coach DVD there's like 15 seconds where TMV actually sounds in tune, there's no singing, and it's kinda sorta like music. Sleater never deviated for a moment.

Blinken
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
The Bravery.

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
worst band i have ever seen live has to be my morning jacket probably.

Are you serious? Their Bonnaroo show this year was one of the best I've ever seen. Why didn't you like them?

chairmenmeow47
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
The Bravery.

my GOD they were awful at coachella in what, 2005 i think it was? ugh, just awful.

jonnypark
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM

Thats what I thought until I saw them. Not only did they stand still nearly the whole time, but their sound was horrible.

luckyface
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Sleater Kinney at Coach 06.

Sleater Kinney's vocals could cause miscarriages if listened to by pregnant women.

Blinken
07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
my GOD they were awful at coachella in what, 2005 i think it was? ugh, just awful.

Yeah much worse then I ever could have imagined, they can't even play their insturments.

System of a Down puts on a great show, i have seen them twice and wasn't dissapointed at all. I hope they headline Coach 2010 actually.

chairmenmeow47
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Thats what I thought until I saw them. Not only did they stand still nearly the whole time, but their sound was horrible.

wow, we saw different shows because they were in full effect when i saw them. total high energy, i loved it :)

algunz
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Worst show in every aspect - crowd, performance, etc = Alanis Morissette

suprefan
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM

This is why nobody likes you

algunz
07-31-2008, 11:52 AM

So was MIA.

rage patton
07-31-2008, 11:58 AM
This bank from Vancouver called Fake Shake, Real Zombie. If they come anywhere near you... avoid them at all costs.

Other than that, Uffie and Scars on Broadway are most likely the two most horrific live acts I have ever seen.

stinkbutt
07-31-2008, 11:58 AM

i like sbessisio but lately he's been acting like Passive which is fucking terrible

stinkbutt
07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Scars on Broadway are most likely the two most horrific live acts I have ever seen.

That's what you get for going to that over Hot Chip

amyzzz
07-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I like sbessiso. And Andrew Bird was kind of boring at coachella. I like that Mr. Strings video though.

Lurker_in_a_tree
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Planning to Rock (opened for LCD Soundsystem last year at the El Rey).
It was one woman wearing a goofy helmet playing the most awful shit i have ever heard.

before that it was

The Robot Ate Me (opened for The Fall a couple years ago at the Knitting Factory). All I remember of that was it was one guy on stage beating metal instruments.

Young blood
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
das efx, 2001.

Handsome boy modeling school 2 years ago.

sbessiso
07-31-2008, 12:39 PM
The Bravery.

oh definetly!! they were AWFUL at ULTRA this year. just awful.

and thanks amy, I honestly do not what i've done lately to warrant such hatred!

this is meant to be ironically funny, no?

PJandBompton
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
the hell is wrong with Coheed? ok, the vocals may not be everyones cup of tea but c'mon Claudio and Travis are two of the better guitarists around right now...

jigsaw
07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't given them a chance.

Backwater
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
That's what you get for going to that over Hot Chip

In all fairness the Sahara was fucking packed for HC, I got there 10 minutes early, I'm 5'8 and I couldn't see a damn thing. Anyone who says SOAD sucks live fails. The Toxicity tour had so much energy I felt like I was at a Black Flag show. The worst live act I've ever seen was this guy who opened for Girl Talk last year. He attempted to play the violin. I'm pretty sure he is mentally retarded, at least I hope he is.

Blinken
07-31-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't regret skiping Hot chip for Scars, I am an SOAD fan and the tent was to packed for HC so I got a great spot up front for Scars. Not the worst show it was just what i wanted at the moment something hard and fast nothing more. Plus I am seeing HC at street scene and in LA so it is all good.

Backwater
07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't regret skiping Hot chip for Scars, I am an SOAD fan and the tent was to packed for HC so I got a great spot up front for Scars. Not the worst show it was just what i wanted at the moment something hard and fast nothing more. Plus I am seeing HC at street scene and in LA so it is all good.

That's my situation exactly, but you have to admit, Scars blew.

212margarita
07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
i totally forgot about the handsome boy modeling school...man do they suck...both live and on their albums, they opened for Radiohead at the Greek a few years back and all they did was play old school rap records. I mean i love Ice Cube as much as the next suburban white kid...but the greek has a sound system couldnt they have just made a mix CD and not pretended it was a performance?

Memorial_07
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Are you serious? Their Bonnaroo show this year was one of the best I've ever seen. Why didn't you like them?

I heard many positive things about bonnaroo...but at coachella they just were flat out not good. maybe it's because i was only familiar with their b-sides stuff and none of their other stuff but other than that it just wasn't appealing to me at all.
and i really tried to get into them

Young blood
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
i totally forgot about the handsome boy modeling school...man do they suck...both live and on their albums, they opened for Radiohead at the Greek a few years back and all they did was play old school rap records. I mean i love Ice Cube as much as the next suburban white kid...but the greek has a sound system couldnt they have just made a mix CD and not pretended it was a performance?

I thought thats what they did? They were booed in boulder. Fuck dan the automater. I still have hope for Prince Paul.

hawkingvsreeve
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
!!!

Blinken
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
That's my situation exactly, but you have to admit, Scars blew.

Eh, it was very generic, not nearly as good as SOAD or even Serj's solo stuff, but for me it fit at that time. I was pissed that they took too long to setup because of Darren's fucking rugs, that shit took 20 min to roll out and tape down alone. I do see why people say it was horrible though, plus the crowd fucking sucked for their set.

amyzzz
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
!!!
I agree. We wandered past that tent last time (was it this year?), and the sounds coming from there were awful.

allyjoy
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM

you saw The Des Moines Boys just I like I did... Andrew Bird was not worse. Andrew Bird was a god in comparison.

Blinken
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
you saw The Des Moines Boys just I like I did... Andrew Bird was not worse. Andrew Bird was a god in comparison.

I kinda want hear these Des Moines Boys now, just curious has to the style of Hip Hop that is coming out of Iwoa

allyjoy
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
there is none. that's the point. it was off beat, off key and just plain stupid. you would think that the 2 black guys in iowa would represent, and well... I'm sure they have a myspace if you really want to torture yourself.

Geno_g
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I saw ozma in '02, and I puked in my mouth, didn't like them at all, plus they sounded like crap

PassiveTheory
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Coheed and Cambria are awful shit. I wouldn't even pay money to see Dredg open for them a few years back.

MarkO
07-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Worst band I've seen was The Long Winters. Just forking woeful.

MissingPerson
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I've seen Enter Shikari. I've seen Macy Gray. None of these bands come close.

york707
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
The worst live bands ever:

The Hold Steady
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem
Hot Chip
Daft Punk
Battles
!!!
The National
Radiohead

aeroplanee
07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
The worst live bands ever:

The Hold Steady
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem
Hot Chip
Daft Punk
Battles
!!!
The National
Radiohead

you fail at life

luckyface
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
you fail at life

And I am pretty sure you fail at detecting sarcasm.

aeroplanee
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Those are fighting words......

also coheed: nothing special live, not bad, but not really good live

serj tankian: Awful

Juliette and the licks: Awful

Brand New: pretty Boring

MissingPerson
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Top Five Worst Acts I've Ever Seen.

I'm fairly easy to keep happy at a gig. I mean, I won't pay in just to boo, and I'm a lady of easily pleased low expectations. So these bands really, really sucked to get in the bottom five, trust me.

5. The Kooks. Oxegen last year.

Lazy boybandy sh*te, and they’re so far up their own arses you’d need periscopes to find them. You know that guys voice? Listening to a whole set of it feels like having one big giant hive in the middle of your face. Ugh.

4. Enter Shikari. Oxegen last year.

http://www.neumagazine.co.uk/upload/entershikari300.jpg

Jesus Christ. I saw them because a friend of mine made me. They were unbelievably horrible. I will make an effort to extract fun from damn near any band on earth, but at no point did I enjoy this. I have never been so relieved for a show to be over than I was then. And I felt old too, because my criticism was “It just sounds like noise!”. I hate this band for making me sound old. And also their terrible, terrible music.

It’s terrible.

3. Clinic, any time I’ve ever seen Arcade Fire.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/upforgrabsnow/clinic-letterman.jpg

Ah, the yang to Arcade Fire’s fabulous ying. Win Butler likes them a lot, apparently, so they played support in Europe all last year, meaning I've seen Clinic twice more than I've seen Radiohead. Deal with that for a moment.

Now, I’ve heard some of their recorded stuff, and it’s actually alright. On stage however, it’s not. I don’t think it would have bothered me so much if they weren’t the complete opposite of everything Arcade Fire are - they’re boring, static, obnoxious, and absolutely do not engage their crowd in any way. They just shoe gaze at each other for an hour or so and then go away. There were people in the crowd listening to MP3 players during their set, and I envied them. One woman was doing a crossword. I joined in. 7 across was “Dismiss”

2. Mundy, 2006.

http://www.irelandlogue.com/files/2007/01/mundy.jpg

He came on stage for two songs, which he played badly, and then stormed off without explanation. It took a year to get a ticket refund.

1. Macy Gray, Olympia, 2007

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1307/1366436534_019d924d22.jpg

There aren’t enough frowny faces on the internet to convey the badness. Gray was out of tune, barely aware of her surroundings and - she’s supposed to be a solo artist, bear in mind - she left the stage for nearly three songs. I would pay the extortionate ticket price all over again to take the memory of this horrible show right out of my head.

Mundy's show was better. And cheaper.

Lurker_in_a_tree
07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
'wilderness of tekoa' . they were opening for either spank rock or jamie lidell at Safari Sams.

Emo torture. I hope they die.

chairmenmeow47
07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
well, that last picture will be in my nightmares tonight...

MissingPerson
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I have to live with it, and now you do too. Pass it on, it can be like the videotape from The Ring.

frozen pilgrim
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I've sat through TMV twice and limp bizkit once.
It's a toss-up, for totally different reasons.

frozen pilgrim
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
and fyi, I liked the first mars volta album.

Boourns
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, I made it the mojave-area 5 minutes too early in 2006 and heard James Cunt Boltoning-up "Where Is My Mind"...horrifying.

C DUB YA
07-31-2008, 06:41 PM
I saw a band soooo bad I can't even remember their name - I put them out of my mind.

They opened for Interpol, on Interpol's first big Fall tour of the US.

EDIT:

OK I had to go look it up - 2002 tour

Parker and Lily

PassiveTheory
07-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Liars?

TommyboyUNM
07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Those are fighting words......

also coheed: nothing special live, not bad, but not really good live

serj tankian: Awful

Juliette and the licks: Awful

Brand New: pretty Boring

I forgot about Juliette and the Licks. I saw them open for Muse at Red Rocks last year. That was pretty horrible.

canexplain
07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
of name bands, i have given fiery furnaces three chances now, and i think i just dont get them ...x****

Boourns
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
of name bands, i have given fiery furnaces three chances now, and i think i just dont get them ...x****

I thought I did, but then they lost me after that Rehearsing My Choir crapfest.

orbit
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
really? i've seen them twice and they put a great show every time. i thought they would play coachella this year, but hopefully we'll have them by 2009.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I forgot about Juliette and the Licks. I saw them open for Muse at Red Rocks last year. That was pretty horrible.

I was there as well, the licks and the other opening band were god awful. The worst song ever is her song about how no one likes her now that she's not a millionaire. That was the worst band i've ever witnessed live, and i've seen limp bizkit.

bmack86
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
really? i've seen them twice and they put a great show every time. i thought they would play coachella this year, but hopefully we'll have them by 2009.

They were there in 2005. It was a cool set.

orbit
07-31-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah, i didn't go that year.

one of the worst bands i've ever seen is bloc party at acl last year. their show itself was alright, but i couldn't stand the music. i was trying to get a good spot for dylan, so i couldn't leave.

schoolofruckus
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I saw a band soooo bad I can't even remember their name - I put them out of my mind.

They opened for Interpol, on Interpol's first big Fall tour of the US.

EDIT:

OK I had to go look it up - 2002 tour

Parker and Lily

That's strange because Interpol's openers are usually great. Ratatat, Enon, Blonde Redhead, and Liars, to name a few.

My most hated performances of all time, not counting obviously awful bands like Good Charlotte that I have seen on festival bills:

The Thermals - Saw them at Fuck Yeah Fest in 2006. I sat through 8 mediocre bands, and they were the last one before Silversun Pickups, who were my reason for being there. I felt physical pain during their set. And the fact that the crowd ate them up made it that much worse.
Hella - They opened for Deerhoof at the El Rey a couple years ago. And they were so unbelievably intolerable, I left the show early because as much as I like Deerhoof, they weren't worth putting up with this shit.
Rednails - They opened for Slint in 2005 and they were as awful as Slint is amazing.
!!! - Their Coachella '04 show was so terrible....Since they have said their name is any syllable repeated three times, I have chosen "suck" to be that syllable when I refer to them.
Weezer - I don't know how a band puts out an album as great as "Pinkerton" and then goes an entire festival set without touching it. Flipped them off as they walked offstage.
Cat Power - I really didn't like "The Greatest", so her decision to play a "Greatest" hits only set at Coachella '06 was similarly (though not as strongly) infuriating.

ThomThom
07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Planningtorock

Eagles of Death Metal

Weezer

Deerhoof

Electralane

The Mars Volta

!!!

Juliette and the Licks

Too many bands to name at KROQ festivals

zenidogx
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
one of the worst bands i've ever seen is bloc party at acl last year. their show itself was alright, but i couldn't stand the music. i was trying to get a good spot for dylan, so i couldn't leave.

i always forget about these guys. they bombed at coachella 06 and they were just as bad at detour 07. just bad live. absolute worst.

zenidogx
07-31-2008, 09:14 PM
I thought I did, but then they lost me after that Rehearsing My Choir crapfest.

i loved that album. havent seen them live, but their grandma telling stories is genius.

luckyface
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
What's up with all of the !!! hate? They were pretty fantastic both times seeing them.

Somewhat Damaged
07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Cat Power - I really didn't like "The Greatest", so her decision to play a "Greatest" hits only set at Coachella '06 was similarly (though not as strongly) infuriating.
[/LIST]

What did you expect? She was touring in support of that album. It'd be like being disappointed that Radiohead plays all of In Rainbows on this current tour.

I'm surprised to see so many people ragging on !!!. I had a lot of fun when I saw them last year. Maybe they weren't so hot a few years ago and got better? *shrug*

bmack86
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
No, they were even better years ago, but I think they're still pretty damn decent. When they were touring behind Louden Up Now, they were unstoppable. The !!! tour was really great too.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
I dug !!! at coach and pitchfork. I think there fun live and on record.

schoolofruckus
08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
What did you expect? She was touring in support of that album. It'd be like being disappointed that Radiohead plays all of In Rainbows on this current tour.

I'm surprised to see so many people ragging on !!!. I had a lot of fun when I saw them last year. Maybe they weren't so hot a few years ago and got better? *shrug*

I expected her to favor it heavily. But playing only that album and nothing from You Are Free or Moon Pix? Unacceptable.

I hated suck suck suck at Coachella largely because it sounded sloppy and awful (obviously, on a technical level this may not be the band's fault), and the singer's stage banter was irritating.

chairmenmeow47
08-01-2008, 08:13 AM
god weezer was just awful at coachella. granted, i'm not a big fan in general. i like "my name is jonas" the most of all their songs, but their performance was one of the most boring things i've ever seen in my life. island in the sun already sounds boring and whiney, and when they performed it at coachella it sounded like they were going to fall asleep. i couldn't believe they were even booked as a headliner in the first place, but man they sucked ass.

212margarita
08-01-2008, 09:05 AM
it wasnt just coachella, weezer is pretty awful live in general. weezer without Matt Sharp = crap

sbessiso
08-01-2008, 09:09 AM
While I don't doubt that !!!'s set at 'Chella sucked, they complety knocked me out at Langerado this year. I was absolutely amazed at what I had just experienced.

ehh, we ran away so early, we didn't really catch much. And Bird was just terrible, that was a rough hour for me A

amyzzz
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Weezer - I don't know how a band puts out an album as great as "Pinkerton" and then goes an entire festival set without touching it. Flipped them off as they walked offstage.
This always cracks me up whenever I see anyone post this. I really don't like Weezer's music, and in 2005 (?) we decided to watch them for a while because we wanted to watch the next main stage band (whoever it was). The whole show was so much more tolerable to me without those awful fucking hits they had. God I HATE HATE HATE that Buddy Holly song! It makes me want to kill myself. So I'm the only one who had a decent, tolerable time during that set apparently, and I fucking HATE them.

canexplain
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
This always cracks me up whenever I see anyone post this. I really don't like Weezer's music, and in 2005 (?) we decided to watch them for a while because we wanted to watch the next main stage band (whoever it was). The whole show was so much more tolerable to me without those awful fucking hits they had. God I HATE HATE HATE that Buddy Holly song! It makes me want to kill myself. So I'm the only one who had a decent, tolerable time during that set apparently, and I fucking HATE them.

i saw them a number of times and at coachella 05 and they were ok .... they put on a pretty good hallo ween lol late night show at vegoose one year .... i just thought of another show (song) that qualifies in this thread ... Yoko Ono ... cant remember where it was, maybe an art exibit of Johns work .... yikes she was screeeeeeeecy .... x****

bmack86
08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I've seen Yoko a few times and she was never horrible. Interesting, not great, but interesting.

Mindless Self Indulgence was horrible when I saw them open for System of a Down.

canexplain
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I've seen Yoko a few times and she was never horrible. Interesting, not great, but interesting.

Mindless Self Indulgence was horrible when I saw them open for System of a Down.

i only heard the one song live, so that was not a fair assessment i am thinking ... interesting might be a good choice of words .... x****

chairmenmeow47
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
perry farrell dj sets belong in this thread as well. along with portia surreal.

send me ctrpllrs
08-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I dug !!! at coach and pitchfork. I think there fun live and on record.

Yeah, !!!'s set at Pitchfork was one of the funnest the whole weekend for me.

bmack86
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I heard mostly good things about the !!! set, and they rocked it at Pitchfork this year.

fourty oz
08-01-2008, 03:01 PM
me and my homie jamal went to da club teh other night and saw the stupidest mc ever, like flava flav but with even more crack rocks haha

but you know how we hit da clubs its V.I.P. only!!!!! they need to kep that stupid shit away tho for realz

chairmenmeow47
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
me and my homie jamal went to da club teh other night and saw the stupidest mc ever, like flava flav but with even more crack rocks haha

but you know how we hit da clubs its V.I.P. only!!!!! they need to kep that stupid shit away tho for realz

pretty much all MCs are stupid. MCs could be the kings of this thread. CHECK, CHECK my foot in your ass, bitches!!!

AAM!!!
08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
The Icarus Line opening for JAMC was the longest 45 minutes of my life. They were worse then Kristeen Young...and thats hard to do.

bmack86
08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
When was that? They used to be awesome live, but I saw them 5 years ago.

GnarVee
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Coheed and Cambria are awful shit. I wouldn't even pay money to see Dredg open for them a few years back.

haha I paid like 40 bux to watch dredg play maybe 5 songs...then left before the shitfest that is Coheed came on.....still worth it...dredg rules...

Stainofmind
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
the 2 bands that opened up for Billy Corgans solo tour back in 2005, I forgot their names and Brazilian Girls when they opened up for She Wants Revenge back in February of 2007 at the Grand Ballroom.

Stainofmind
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
haha I paid like 40 bux to watch dredg play maybe 5 songs...then left before the shitfest that is Coheed came on.....still worth it...dredg rules...

was this at the Warfield? Did you at least stay for the Blood Brothers?

leo01g
08-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Black Kids
I couldnt believe the shit that i was listening to. They were horrible at Coachella

Backwater
08-12-2008, 11:29 PM
While I don't doubt that !!!'s set at 'Chella sucked, they complety knocked me out at Langerado this year. I was absolutely amazed at what I had just experienced.

Almost everyone seems to play exceptionally well at Langerado for some reason. The sound in the swamp tent is amazing. I love that festival.

Weezer and Norma Jean are probably the worst bands I've ever seen. The Mars Volta was actually somewhat decent at B-Roo late night. They played for like 2 hrs. 45min and there were patches of about 2-3 minutes here and there that sounded good. However, when I saw them open for SOAD they completely sucked. Hopefully then can play as long as they want at Detour.

charlenarock
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM

I agree. I do enjoy their recorded stuff, but when I saw them live (when they opened for RHCP a few years ago) it was just an hour of messing around on their instruments. I swear, I think they played like 2 songs.

humanoid
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Mars Volta-strangely, I have seen them countless times. When I saw them at their first, technologically impaired Coachella appearance in 2002, I thought it was fun, exciting and energetic...subsequent encounters have left me knowing that their interest lies only in interminable soloing and incoherent "jamming" I swear each member is playing some ridiculous solo simultaneously, yet in a completely different key than the other members, and only slightly adhering to any semblance of timing