PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining South Jersey Music Festivals

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Vineland - permantly dead

APW still gettin a ton of hate mail in comments, even with zero competetion now.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/07/vineland_music_2.html

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
We all knew that vineland wouldnt last, especially after the apw announcement.

Boourns
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
It's brooklynvegan. If Dan Deacon gets added, everyone will be happy.

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I think it might work if they did it in the Fall, staying away from Lolla Virgin and APW time.

As far as the Brooklynvegan readers... I thought that - but to be honest they are getting some good shit that they usually eat up with APW (stuff like CSS, Grizzly Bear, Girl Talk, Andrew Bird, etc...)

I really think the overall, "weakness" of the lineup, and lackluster number of mid tier bands is still getting the majority of the hatred.

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
It's brooklynvegan. If Dan Deacon gets added, everyone will be happy.

Dan Deacon was horrible in 08. I barely made it 2 songs in, had to leave.

Boourns
07-30-2008, 11:55 AM

Yeah, I left after about half an hour. I kept holding out for "Wham City" but it was just too annoying.

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I left to during his set at Pitchfork - yawn.

maybe it's because I have taste and I'm not in high school anymore?

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I see on there that they are fighting over the capacity numbers at APW - I heard it was 40K, some say it's 30, most say 50K.

Anyone know?

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
maybe it's because I have taste and I'm not in high school anymore?

Truth.

betao
07-30-2008, 12:00 PM
wanna know why people hate APW?

because they were expecting something as big as coachella or lolla. It didn't meet the current high standards, and it wasn't the most powerful lineup of the year like everyone was expecting it to be (2 nights of Radiohead?! *gasp* this has win all over it!!) so they just dump on it and give it all kinds of flak.

Had this festival been announced just spontaneously, it would have been alot more praised. I mean, dude, if I lived in NYC, and someone told me that there was a small 3 day music festival that contained 2 Radiohead shows, Underworld, Grizzly bear, animal collective, and chromeo, i'd be pretty stoked.

betao
07-30-2008, 12:00 PM

I saw him last year in baltimore... I didn't even make it 2 songs on. I left after about a minute.

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I saw him last year in baltimore... I didn't even make it 2 songs on. I left after about a minute.

You'd think on his home turf he'd slay to.

bmack86
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Especially with the new Animal Collective material being as awesome as it is live, and same with the new Grizzly Bear stuff.

betao
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
You'd think on his home turf he'd slay to.

oh it entirely depends on who you ask. just not my taste of music. I hated it.

and I had never heard of him before, so I gave him a shot with an open mind. Just wasn't for me.

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
oh it entirely depends on who you ask. just not my taste of music. I hated it.

and I had never heard of him before, so I gave him a shot with an open mind. Just wasn't for me.

That's how i was at coach, my brother raved about his live shows so i figured i'd give him a chance, plus with all the hype on his live shows i thought i'd enjoy it just at least alittle bit but nope.

uscjeff
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I wonder if these NYC folks realize how hard it would be to get tickets to Radiohead at MSG. At least they can get tickets to this - lots of people are paying $$$ bc they werent fast enough to get HB tix

betao
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I wonder if these NYC folks realize how hard it would be to get tickets to Radiohead at MSG. At least they can get tickets to this - lots of people are paying $$$ bc they werent fast enough to get HB tix

thats a really good point. this way, its all GA for those that come, Radiohead is still doing full sets, you don't have to pay 3-4 times the face value, and you get a lot of other great bands as a bonus.

when you think about it, these NYC guys are really ungrateful.

Boourns
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I still don't have a ticket to one of the Hollywood Bowl shows :(

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
ed. I mean, dude, if I lived in NYC, and someone told me that there was a small 3 day music festival that contained 2 Radiohead shows, Underworld, Grizzly bear, animal collective, and chromeo, i'd be pretty stoked.

I don't think this is really all that small.

On one hand - yep $85 for RH is good, but on another - there will 50,000 other people jockeying to see them with you.

that's why I am more excited about the Indy and Cleveland RH gigs, more than APW... seats and/or PIT!

prettydirtything
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think this is really all that small.

On one hand - yep $85 for RH is good, but on another - there will 50,000 other people jockeying to see them with you.

that's why I am more excited about the Indy and Cleveland RH gigs, more than APW... seats and/or PIT!

I am curious as to the capacity as well. Any official numbers?? At MSG, at least (most people) have a reserved seat, and since Radiohead is my only goal and I have yet to master pssing in a bottle and holding down the front of the stage for 8 hours in _______weather.

wait, this thread was about vineland.

what happened?

shakermaker113
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
vineland dead? did it ever even happen?

Boourns
07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/HangerChromeThree.jpg

Kid_E
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
its a shame. vineland woulda been sick with STP and RATM

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
No thanks

C DUB YA
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
They shoulda just planned it later (in the Fall) and Vineland might have had some more interest - but with 3 established (2 anyway) festivals happening within 2 weeks of each other...in the same market... well that's poor planning in a Pemberton kind of way.