PDA

View Full Version : GLASVEGAS

C DUB YA
07-29-2008, 10:34 PM
I've been all over these guys (and gal) for well over a year now, unfortunately their releases have been limited to just a few singles and demos, but the singles have been really solid, now out of print, 7 inches (Daddy's Gone and My Own Cheating Heart)

Their new single "Geraldine" is most excellent, maybe their best so far. (itunes has it)

Reminds me of early Jesus and Mary Chain, coupled with 50's grooves, add a touch of the Inspiral Carpets and Mighty Lemon Drops.

How about Coachella - Glasvegas for 09!

Ardentbiscuit
07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I agree, these guys are great. I found out about them because Steve Jones had mentioned a while ago on Indie 1031.1 but they would be great at Coachella.

sonofhal
07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
They are a lot better live than on record, but they don't really have much of a range of sound. As much as i like them, they need to mix it up a bit.

C DUB YA
07-30-2008, 05:17 AM
I don't mind that aspect too much - again early Inspiral Carpets, early Jesus and Mary Chain, early Oasis even... had the same range you could say. As long as you do what you do, and do it well I guess.

That being said - I've only heard

In My Sights
Daddy's Gone
My Own Cheating Heart...
Flowers and Football Tops
The Prettiest Thing on Saltcoats Beach (which does break things up a bit in terms of sound)
Geraldine

drowningmatt
07-30-2008, 05:54 AM
I dig these guys and would love to see them at coachella.

bballarl
07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
They are great, but I agree with Chris.

chiapet
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
They were featured on some podcast last year - was either BBC or NPR, I hadn't heard much but they sounded incredible. I'd definitely like to see them perform here. :)

C DUB YA
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
definitely check out the new single, it's ace as they say.