PDA

View Full Version : The Lullaby Thread

sames44
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
My baby girl was born to love good music (she was born on the 1st day of Coachella). I play Rockabye Baby cd's for her in the car and she likes it, so I started singing regular songs as lullabies to her in the rocking chair. She loves Radiohead's The Tourist. What else should I try?

jonnypark
07-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Sunday Morning by the Velvet Underground should work.

chairmenmeow47
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
when i have a kid, i will probably sing them "summertime" from porgy & bess by george gershwin. perfect lullaby song.

there's a song i sang for a voice recital once called "arroro" that's a beautiful spanish lullaby.

i also like lullabye by ben folds five, "let the moonlight, take a lid, off your dreams..."

bmack86
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Do you have Sex Bomb as your avatar? Like, the Flippers' Sex Bomb, baby, yeah?

apostle2
07-24-2008, 10:15 AM
when I was a young'un, my dad used to sing Rock and Roll All Nite by Kiss to me as a lullabye. It got stuck in my head I guess because whenever I sing it to myself, I have to sing it as a lullabye or it doesn't sound right

amyzzz
07-24-2008, 11:07 AM
My dad used to sing me some song that went "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me..." which I completely forgot about until I heard "Safe from Harm" by Massive Attack. I don't know what the original song is called (and I tried to google it). I guess I could ask my dad. He grew up during the Great Depression, so it's probably a really old song. Sorry, off-topic.

I tried playing music for my kids when they were toddler age, and they really didn't like slow lullaby songs anymore. They favored bouncier stuff like The Cure "Lovecats" or The Cardigans "Carnival."

invisiblerobots
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
My dad used to sing me some song that went "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me..." which I completely forgot about until I heard "Safe from Harm" by Massive Attack. I don't know what the original song is called (and I tried to google it). I guess I could ask my dad. He grew up during the Great Depression, so it's probably a really old song. Sorry, off-topic.

That would be Buck Owens - Looking Back to See (http://www.hitslyrics.com/b/buckowens-lyrics-10492/lookingbacktosee-lyrics-826855.html)

amyzzz
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks. That link is filtered at my work though. Maybe that's why I couldn't google it.

Mr. Dylanja
07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
She loves Radiohead's The Tourist.

FYI-
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DPGVED9SL._SS500_.jpg

I'm sure Mom's singing is preferred but incase you weren't aware....

luveebunni08
07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
wow, that is awesome. my sister is expecting and is due in november. since she loves U2 my brother got her their lullaby renditions to play while the baby is in the womb. as for singing to the baby my favorite was my brother singing "Mother" off the wall to his son. i need to make a good cd of this stuff, so i feel like i'm contributing.