PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight SPOILERS!

Pages : [1] 2

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
went to a midnight showing. It is an Amazing movie! Great story, Great script and amazing acting. What did you think?
Heath deserves at least an oscar nomination for best supporting actor. But he desreves a win.

What does everyone think about Harvey dying at the end? Do you think he survived? Was the like memorial service fake?

rage patton
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Heath Ledger was incredible. Aaron Eckhart was good as his role, but he does NOT deserve a best supporting actor nomination. Heath Ledger on the other hand, definately deserves a nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if he won either.
Also, until I saw the memorial service, I thought Harvey Dent was still alive, because he was still breathing when Batman checked him. So I was kind of confused.
Also, I heard a rumour the director said he isn't going to make another Batman movie... is this true?

summerkid
07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Not that I want him too, but it would make sense for Nolan to walk away from the franchise there is no topping this one.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Ok Eckhart getting an nomination is a long shot but he was very good. Maybe not deserving an oscar but he deserves a lot of respect. He made Two Face the character he was ment to be, he brought Two face back after Tommy lee Jones ruined the character.

I read an interview saying that their will be another movie and they want the Riddler to be the main villan i guess. I hope Two Face is the main villan but the riddler will be good too. Oh and most of the cast only wants to come back if Nolan is director.

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah there is no topping it. I am really bummed though because it seemed like Nolan wanted to leave the door open for the Joker to return. Since he told Batman "We will be doing this til the end of time," but that isn't possible now. Since Heath owned this movie they can't recast the joker.

I think Harvey is alive in Arkham Ayslum too, it makes sense that he would be. Nolan has said that he doesn't think he will do another one, but he wasn't sure about doing the Dark Knight either so lets wait a couple of years. If he does do another one I want the Riddler in it.

This was really more than a simple superhereo movie, so much going on under the surface. I can't wait to watch it again.

rage patton
07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Recasting the Joker should now be a criminal charge. They cannot do it.

My guess is, if they do another Batman movie, The Riddler will be the main villian. If Harvey Dent is still alive, Two Face would be in the movie too. Hmm... who would they cast as The Ridler?

menikmati
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
The Riddler and Two-Face again? Like Batman Forever all over.

rage patton
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Except, you know... good.
What other Batman villian could anyone see them doing beside the Ridler though? They cannot do Catwoman... because that movie was a joke and I can't see them doing the Penguin. I cant see the Penguin simply because these last two movies are actually meant to be serious movies... I don't know if I could take The Penguin seriously with the tone the two previous Batman movies have set.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I hope it's about both of them Chris Nolan can make it a great movie. He has said that he wants the movies to be as real as possible so characters like Mr. Freeze are out of the picture.
Who could play the Riddler? and not in the over the top way that Jim Carrey did...

menikmati
07-18-2008, 02:45 PM
What other Batman villian could anyone see them doing beside the Ridler though? They cannot do Catwoman... because that movie was a joke and I can't see them doing the Penguin. I cant see the Penguin simply because these last two movies are actually meant to be serious movies... I don't know if I could take The Penguin seriously with the tone the two previous Batman movies have set.

Batman Forever was good though.

summerkid
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I want to see Bane and Hugo Strange in a Batman movie.

marooko
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Batman Forever....and a day.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Jim Carrey was funny i guess...Tommy lee Jones made Two Face a Joke.
The Dark Knight didn't, Two face and the joker meeting was the best scene of the movie. And the joker with that wig...So funny!

Boourns
07-18-2008, 02:54 PM
TALIA

But yeah, how can they possibly match the epic menace of the Joker in the next one?

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I forgot about him but I want Bane, and have him break Batman like in the comics. Forget the riddler we need some Bane to fix the injustice cause by Batman and Robin.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 02:57 PM
bane would be boring.
so would poison ivy...
i just hope Two Face will be in the next film and if anything the riddler will be great too.

marooko
batman returns.........again.

rage patton

Jim Carrey was great. I thought Tommy Lee Jones was alright too. It just seems so.... cheesy. Maybe that is just in comparison with these new Batman flicks.

marooko
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Batman....Robin the hood.

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I wasn't saying Robin, keep him the fuck away. I only mentioned it because of how they made Bane a retarded sidekick

marooko
07-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Batman, Robin and the Batcave.......

Batman, Robin and the Dark Knights in the Batcave.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Who would make a good riddler?

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, if they were to continue the franchise w/o Joker--they could follow, as they have with the The Dark Victory trillogy, the Scarecrow/Two Face spin on things. It is a shame Joker won't be the same ever, but it could be done carefully. Also, the Holiday and Calendar angle could come into play.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Robin Williams.

marooko
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Batman and Robin - Reunited (and it feels so good)

Hopeless Semantic
The riddler would have to be someone not as over-the-top as Jim Carrey was.

Blinken
Robin Williams is too old

menikmati
07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
At this rate, I won't be surprised if it's Steve Carrell, as he's in every fucking movie.

Blinken
07-18-2008, 03:06 PM
i kinda want Alan Rickman for the Riddler

Blinken
07-18-2008, 03:06 PM
At this rate, I won't be surprised if it's Steve Carrell, as he's in every fucking movie.

John Oliver??

marooko
07-18-2008, 03:08 PM
WHAM! BLAM! Thank you Robin

Boourns
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg

I think someone like the Wrath, the Ventriloquist, the Riddler, or Black Mask would be likely because of the more-realistic/crime drama tone of the new films.

rage patton
07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
One of my friends actually suggested Steve Carrell as The Riddler. It seems like an odd choice at first... but then again, so did Heath Ledger as The Joker. I thought it was a terrible idea when I first heard about it. Look how that turned out.

Blinken
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Colbert would be better than Carrell for the Joker, I think.

saxomophone
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh my lordy. This movie was amazing!

And the scene with the joker in the dress at the hospital was hillarious! especially as the building exploded and he walked away.

That was incredibly creepy. It was funny when he was outside the hospital and scurried away when it finally blew up.

And the pencil trick! HA! That was crazy.

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM
*clicks detonator*

*looks around scared*

:p

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Someone I could see doing the Riddler would be Jon Stewart.

Jerm05
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
jeeze..too much comedy central for yall

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I could also see Matt Damon doing it. I'm trying to brainstorm some names.

sddoctor
07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Edward Norton as the Riddler

menikmati
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Edward Norton would demand to be in every scene and have control over the final cut of the film though.

marooko
07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Eddie Murphy as Batman, Robin, The Riddler, Joker and Two Face.

Jerm05
07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
damn, i was gonna go watch this movie again and every showing, which is like 2 showings every hour,....SOLD OUT

this movie is gonna break records

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Edward Norton would demand to be in every scene and have control over the final cut of the film though.

is he really like that?

Blinken
07-18-2008, 04:58 PM
He did that with the Hulk. Or at least that is the rumor

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
oh shit, I didn't know that. What a fucking dipshit. He still kicked ass in American History X though.

Boourns
07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Eddie Murphy as Batman, Robin, The Riddler, Joker and Two Face.

He also needs to play a fat character, preferably a woman. Amanda Waller? Granny Goodness?

menikmati
07-18-2008, 05:21 PM
oh shit, I didn't know that. What a fucking dipshit. He still kicked ass in American History X though.

I just watched that the other night. Awesome film.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I Dont think someone like steve carrell will play the riddler. I bet theyll make the Riddler similar to the Joker... wierd and creepy. And now that Ledger is dead i think Two Face will have a bigger part because im sure the next film would have been based on the joker again if he wouldn't have died.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Crispin Glover as the Riddler???

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I just saw the movie at IMAX. Every now & then the movie would use the entire screen, but most of the time the movie looked like it would at a regular theatre (only larger). The sound was terrific.

It was such a long movie, I had a chance to take a nap in the middle - & I don't think I missed a thing. The Oscar goes to Heath. No joking.

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Every now & then the movie would use the entire screen, but most of the time the movie looked like it would at a regular theatre (only larger).

Yeah, they filmed about 30 minutes of it (mostly action scenes) using IMAX cameras (the first film ever to do so). How did it look?

ivankay
07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, they filmed about 30 minutes of it (mostly action scenes) using IMAX cameras (the first film ever to do so). How did it look?

Looked great. Worked well with the edits. Not jarring in the slightest.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
the movie was just soo fucked up

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Perhaps find someone non-superstar for the Riddler...

It is going to be hard to top the performance from Heath though, someone had to ruin the moment though with a stupid remark about Heath dying and the last salvo w/Batman.

whynotsmile99
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
what parts did you have problems. I loved the movie but some things bugged me. The Arclight was insane last night. Walking to the theater felt like walking to the mainstage at 9pm Coachella 06.

Ledger was dynamite. Loved the whole hospital scene. The batpod/semi truck was one of my favorite chase sequences ever.

things that bugged me:

1. Harvey Dent's transformation was too abrupt. One minute he's a hero, next he's killing people. There needed to be a few more scenes to pad out his transformation to evil.

2. Sonar/cell phone thing. Didn't like this part. Felt a bit too cartoony for this movie.

3. Rather abrupt/anti climactic final showdown with Joker.

4. I really didn't get Scarecrow's cameo.

5. Eric Roberts as the mob boss was bad. Wish Falcony played by the great Tom Wilkeson was back instead.

6. BATMAN'S VOICE. man did this suck. like, beyond over the top bad. He would slur his words when he would yell. People were laughing when he spoke. Far more distracting than Batman Begins.

7. The boat bomb sequence was pretty cool, but Nolan missed a big chance to punch us in the gut by blowing up both or one of the ships. I was hopping a crazy mother hit the detentor and the civilan ship blew up.

I saw Anthony Michael Hall in the credits but didn't notice him on screen. What role did he play?

whynotsmile99
07-18-2008, 11:18 PM
As far as vilians go the next one, I'd like to see Riddler and Deadshot. Bane has always been a favorite so I'd love to see him too.

I think Riddler would be great for Nolan's style. I can imagine the crazy games Riddler would play on Batman. I'm thinking something along the same lines as David Fincher's "The Game".

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:20 PM
LOOOOOOOOL!

AMH was that TV reporter guy with that show! i couldbt believe AMH was like, there on the screen, in the new batman movie...and what the hell is eric roberts doing there

whynotsmile, dude, i'm so with you on this list of complaints

and holy shit, that batcycle(batpod?) FUCKED ME UP (i saw the movie tripping)

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah, and if they were following the series they have been, Dent wouldn've gotten the transformation from Sonny, and not from the Joker's explosion.

whynotsmile99
07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
LOOOOOOOOL!

AMH was that TV reporter guy with that show! i couldbt believe AMH was like, there on the screen, in the new batman movie

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH wow i totally didn't recognize him. Whenever I see "Anthony MIchael Hall" i just think of Weird Science and Breakfast Club. Could have done without the blackmail scenes. Sorta funny, but some extra fat.[/QUOTE] I can't wait to see it again. It was such an epic movie it feels like I need another viewing to really take it all in

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:27 PM
it was such a meaningless role, completely in the background, could have easily been, I dunno, ANYONE, poor poor AMH, I liked the dead zone (and totally noticed the fat!)

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
The dude with the shotgun in the beginning is someone who's been in bigger roles too...I forgot his name though.

whynotsmile99
07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
i was also expecting something in the storyline about Joker being the real killer of Batman's parents. Was that in comics or only in Tim Burton's Batman?

clumsy342
07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Reading through this is driving me nuts..
Becuase no one has mentioned ...

Where is the Scarecrow!?!?!?!?

I thought he was going to show up in The Dark Knight. He just got tasered and rode off in the first one. So.. I'm assuming, he's not in this one.

But Stephen Colbert as the Riddler?? Awesome.
All the other suggestions.. laaaammee.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
The dude with the shotgun in the beginning is someone who's been in bigger roles too...I forgot his name though.

The guy in the bank? He plays in Prison Break, was in the Longest Yard...he's one of those C actors.

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:34 PM
i was also expecting something in the storyline about Joker being the real killer of Batman's parents. Was that in comics or only in Tim Burton's Batman?

Depends on what comic series you're talking about. In the original series, he was the killer. In some later evolutions of the comic, it isn't the Joker. I don't know how Nolan was going to roll this part, but I don't think they were going to include it.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Where is the Scarecrow!?!?!?!?

He was in one of the first scenes and was captured by Batman.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:35 PM
H was in one of the first scenes and was captured by batman

i saw that but it made NO SENSE to me....explain? ;)

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm thinking the next one focuses on Two Face as being the archnemsis and the inclusion of the Scarecrow in it...

sbessiso
you avatar scares meeeeeeeee

acid flashbacks to earlier today!

AAM!!!
He was involved in a drug deal. It was kinda pointless but i guess they wanted to wrap up his part of the story.

Hopeless Semantic
I love that line...Why So Serious?

clumsy342
07-18-2008, 11:37 PM
He was in one of the first scenes and was captured by batman

Thank you!

this got to 3 pages without anyone mentioning the Scarecrow?

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:39 PM
I know this is about TDK, but am I the only one who actually thought the Scarecrow character was weak in Batman Begins? Had so much potential, but just ended up being on the back burner to be that "second villian" that almost every comic book movie seems to need these days.

sbessiso
He was involved in a drug deal. It was kinda pointless but i guess they wanted to wrap up his part of the story.

i mean, this was what i thought, but i figured it would have to be something, better than that, no? guess not

oh man when joker first said it, WHY SO SERIOUS??, goosebumps...heath gave me goosebumps the whole time, and not like brokeback goosebumps, i mean like this is scary goosebumps

Hopeless Semantic
He really didn't act much like the Scarecrow--again, he's going to have a reprisal...

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:40 PM
more ignorant brokeback jokes, yay!

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:40 PM
i mean, this was what i thought, but i figured it would have to be something, better than that, no? guess not

oh man when joker first said it, WHY SO SERIOUS??, goosebumps...heath gave me goosebumps the whole time, and not like brokeback goosebumps, i mean like this is scary goosebumps

Damn...such a shame no one took the pills away from Heath. I guess, though, it was true that the role of Joker got to him...He did the role proud.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Heath stole the show. The Pencil Trick and the Hospital scene were my favorites.
And am i the only one who thinks that Nolan should have had Two face kill Gordon's son?

sbessiso
more ignorant brokeback jokes, yay!

no ignorant brokeback jokes here! i'm sincere dammit!

PassiveTheory
I think that the movie was fantastic, but here are some ideas I have for who they ought to cast in the next movie:

Hush - Hush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_%28comics%29) is a more modern villain (first appeared in the comics in 2002) and probably one of the only significant ones to not have had a movie featuring him thus far. He has no superpowers, but he's got a wit and sense for planning and execution that rivals the Joker. You could say he's what would happened if Bruce Wayne had tried to kill his own parents as a kid. The bandaged, mummy-like head of his also gives an edge in terms of casting: you can put nearly any dude you want under those bandages. To that end, I think you'd have to cast someone very similar to Christian Bale (since the point of a movie with Hush in it is to illustrate the parallels between Bruce Wayne and Thomas Elliot [who is Hush]), maybe Guy Pearce? (worked with Nolan before, to boot).

Catwoman - Probably just about the only major Batman villain who deserves a reboot. I mean, for chrissakes, Hallie Berry's abortion of a movie all but wrecked the character. Plus, Catwoman's one of those non-supernatural villains that Nolan favors, and also holds enough of an iconographic touch (until Berry stars in Catwoman 2) that could carry another box office release. Also... Why NOT feature a sexy, sensual chick that likes leather, bondage, and crawling around on the ground?... Unless she's a lesbian. But yeah, casting wise... Man, I dunno. Keri Russel? Rachel McAdams? etc. etc.

Black Mask - Nolan might be tired of using the mafia and the transition from mafioso-type villains to super villains in Gotham as a theme for Batman movies, but Black Mask (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_%28comics%29) is sort of the embodiment of the super villain gangster figure (in recent comic history, even more so than Two Face). He's got the strength, the wit, and the cunning to go toe to toe with the Bat and I'd like to see an outside of the box casting for him, something that'd make me go "WTF" like Thomas Haden Church in Spiderman 3 or, more appropriately, Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight.

Killer Croc - Already shown in the Batman: Gotham Knight series, so, to an extent, he already exists in Nolan's universe. He's also realistic enough of a character (his characterization has ranged from being tested on chemically as a government test subject, to have just been a dude born with a skin condition who filed his teeth when he was a circus freak to go with the act). Plus, you get to cast a southerner, which provides an interesting challenge.

As for people they shouldn't do:

- The Penguin: ...Not until someone other than Danny DeVito or Verne Troyer can play the role.

- Mr. Freeze: *sigh* Not even Nolan could save this character after what Arnie did to him.

Maybe:

- The Riddler: Shouldn't be the main villain, however.

- Bane: Henchmen again.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Heath stole the show. The Pencil Trick and the Hospital scene were my favorites.
And am i the only one who thinks that Nolan should have had Two face kill Gordon's son?

couldnt agree more, that pencil thing fucked me up too!

and that whole scene with two-face and gordan and the fucking family was just so blah and stupid haha

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:43 PM

That would've been a tad bit much, but not unthinkable. I don't know if that would've played well with the obvious hope of a continuous storyline...

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I can't see Rachel McAdams as Catwoman. I liked her in The Notebook though.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:45 PM
its funny you mention this Lee, after the movie I realized that I want mr.freeze back....played again by ahnold! i would love that, no one else can fucking do it, NO ONE!

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Lol...do they have anyone slated for Mr John Friesz? Let's campaign for the guy who played John Luc Picard lol...

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:46 PM
That would've been a tad bit much, but not unthinkable. I don't know if that would've played well with the obvious hope of a continuous storyline...

It would Have made Two Face really evil. He only killed people that he thinks did him wrong. If he would have killed the son that would have changed. And i still liked him, i felt bad for him but if he would have killed the kid that would have made him more than a guy getting revenge.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't know about Killer Croc....I think I would have a hard time having to look at someone on screen for an entire movie who has a horrible skin condition. I had hard enough time dealing with Mason Verger in Hannibal. Fuck that.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:47 PM
i just loved all of Freeze's puns in the movie, I have such a soft spot for them (and puns in general), especially done with Ahnulds flair

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:48 PM
CHILLLLLLLLLLL OUTTTTTT

PassiveTheory
I don't ever remember Gordon having a son in the comics, so yeah... It would have been better if Dent had offed the kid.

Hopeless Semantic
Gordon did have a son in this trilogy, PT.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:49 PM
CHILLLLLLLLLLL OUTTTTTT

:pulse! :pulse!! :pulse!!!

and I just couldnt care less about any scene with gordan and his fucking family

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:49 PM
And he should have died.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:50 PM
ZU7tzVu2h6k

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I would've left out the last scenario with Gordon and his family, but it does play close to the vest of what I expected.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Haha they ruined Mr Freeze, Bane and Poison Ivy in that movie.

menikmati
QcY90fQm18E

sbessiso
just kill 'em all, who the fuck cares??

and wow, did Batman really get like a minute and a half scene where I THINK he mourns rachel's death?

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Good one Menik...lol Cold Ice Freeze Ice Cold Chill Freeze

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:53 PM
AAM!!! your avatar is FUH-REEKING me outtttt

his eyeball was soo gross, gaaaa he was so NASTY

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I kept thinking Thank You For Smoking everytime I saw Harvey Dent...lol

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:54 PM
How long did it take after Batman Begibs for them to start on The dark Knight?
or at least announce that they were making it

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I kept thinking Thank You For Smoking everytime I saw Harvey Dent...lol

I spent a huuge chunk of the movie trying to figure out/decide if he's cute or not. i'm still not sure to be perfectly honest

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM

Not for almost a year, AAM.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM

I'm sure it was probably middle 2006 when it was known and well underway.

Hopeless Semantic
07-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I spent a huuge chunk of the movie trying to figure out/decide if he's cute or not. i'm still not sure to be perfectly honest

How could you do that while peaking? Lol? I would've been too freaked out to ponder such a question. his bad side of the face? Is what I saw @ EDC on most faces, trippy.

AAM!!!
07-18-2008, 11:57 PM
AAM!!! your avatar is FUH-REEKING me outtttt

his eyeball was soo gross, gaaaa he was so NASTY

I LOVED how they made him look! especially his mouth. When i first saw him i almost didn't want to look again. And i like that he was burned and didnt have the acid thrown on him.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:02 AM
the eyeball thing is what really killed me, i've got a weird thing with eyeballs

and Paul, I dunno, I mean I did'nt really suceed, i'm not sure if he's cute, handsome, or just kinda weird looking, perhaps all three

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:03 AM
i was frying pretty hard in the movie, come to think of it

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:03 AM
If you're into that blonde, too strong of a chin, California-stereotypeesque kind of guy...

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:04 AM
This movie is going to be so hard to top. And i dont know how they are going to get around not having the joker in the next film.

Blinken
07-19-2008, 12:06 AM
- Bane: Henchmen again.

Bane was reduced to a Henchman in Batman and Robin. In the original comics Bane is is one Batman's toughest villians. He broke Batman's back over his knee, for god sakes. He is also a very conflicted character and has a good story to him.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:06 AM
his chin is outrageously strong, it threw me off, but i do like his hair

wanna know something else that went through my mind during the movie thats SUPER stupid?

when Joker crashes the Dent party and is having his scene with Rachel, I couldnt help but think how shes Jakes sister, while they were filming she mustve thought a least ONCE, "whoa, you made out with my brother"

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't want to think about that, AAM.

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:08 AM
his chin is outrageously strong, it threw me off, but i do like his hair

wanna know something else that went through my mind during the movie thats SUPER stupid?

when Joker crashes the Dent party and is having his scene with Rachel, I couldnt help but think how shes Jakes sister, while they were filming she mustve thought a least ONCE, "whoa, you made out with my brother"

So, if she did kiss Heath--would that have been some sick, twisted, incestuous kiss? LOL

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:08 AM
i honestly cannot imagine a part 3 right now, they need to take a heavy breather and get their shit together

edit: You're silly, Paul!

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Their shit was together, however someone had to go and take a little too many pills...now their shit is splattered like those times you've eaten too much spicy food.

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't want to think about that, AAM.

The movie has only been out for a day and im already thinking about what the next one might be like.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:10 AM
their shit is kinda together but still not firm and solid

Blinken
07-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Did any one else find it funny that the scarecrow was selling his crazy hullicinogen to the Mafia, and the Mafia had no repeat business because everyone was going insane

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:11 AM
i'm just so exhausted of being underwhelmed with all these sequels!

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
If Nolan walks away from this franchise i will never go see another batman or Nolan film . I think he would be a fucking idiot if he left.

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Bah, Salah.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:15 AM
i'm not hating, i feel the need to repeat, i just didnt love, the movie had loads of great things going on for it

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:15 AM
And I'll reiterate my Bah, Salah lol.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
jesus christ, theres no winning with you!

i looved jokers nurse's outfit

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Lol...typical Joker chicanery...If only I had a time machine.

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:18 AM
i'm just so exhausted of being underwhelmed with all these sequels!

How can you be underwhelmed by this movie!?

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:19 AM
jesus christ, theres no winning with you!

i looved jokers nurse's outfit

Funniest scene of the movie was him walking slowly away as the hospital blew up.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:20 AM
How can you be underwhelmed by this movie!?

many, many flaws, but i'm starting to think the acid made me think these flaws were a lot more obvious than they really are

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Maybe we should always trip when watching a movie? How about Salah and Paul's Acid Critique lol.

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Every great movie has flaws. And any flaws in the movie were overshadowed by how amazing Heath was.

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:23 AM
one thing though, and this is acid or not, the movie is simply too long. im quite surprised no one else has griped at this yet

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
and Paul, thats a killer idea! i'm gunna need to see every tim allen disney movie....just letting you know

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
i would have waited for the last five minutes of the movie just to see this
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/benvolio_/dark-knight-two-face-art.jpg

Hopeless Semantic
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't know if my heart could take Toy Story while trippin' lol. I think the Mr. Potatohead character would just be bananas...

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
OMGGGG

its sooo FREAKY! that fucking eyeball!

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I want to see that face in IMAX
...I have to go see this movie again tomorrow

KungFuJoe
07-19-2008, 01:09 AM
what parts did you have problems. I loved the movie but some things bugged me. The Arclight was insane last night. Walking to the theater felt like walking to the mainstage at 9pm Coachella 06.

Ledger was dynamite. Loved the whole hospital scene. The batpod/semi truck was one of my favorite chase sequences ever.

things that bugged me:

1. Harvey Dent's transformation was too abrupt. One minute he's a hero, next he's killing people. There needed to be a few more scenes to pad out his transformation to evil.

2. Sonar/cell phone thing. Didn't like this part. Felt a bit too cartoony for this movie.

3. Rather abrupt/anti climactic final showdown with Joker.

4. I really didn't get Scarecrow's cameo.

5. Eric Roberts as the mob boss was bad. Wish Falcony played by the great Tom Wilkeson was back instead.

6. BATMAN'S VOICE. man did this suck. like, beyond over the top bad. He would slur his words when he would yell. People were laughing when he spoke. Far more distracting than Batman Begins.

7. The boat bomb sequence was pretty cool, but Nolan missed a big chance to punch us in the gut by blowing up both or one of the ships. I was hopping a crazy mother hit the detentor and the civilan ship blew up.

I saw Anthony Michael Hall in the credits but didn't notice him on screen. What role did he play?

I remember everyone I saw Batman Begins with complaining about Bale's Batman voice after the film, but it didn't bother me all that much. In fact I really liked it because it seemed appropriate for Batman to talk like that to disguise his voice. However, it totally annoyed me in this film!! it definately was way over the top. Mother fucker sounded like donkey lips half the time.

Anthony Michael Hall was one of the random cops I believe. I didn't see him in the credits, but totally recognized his face on screen. Not sure he had any lines.

As for future villains, a friend of my was telling me that he read somewhere that Nolan wanted to do something with Phillip Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin and being an arms dealer. whether it's true or not, it sounds like a great fucking idea to me.

As for TDK, it was defintaley an awesome film, although a bit bloated. It had it's awesome sequences that far exceded my expectations, but it also faltered at parts & dragged at the end. Definately didn't like that they killed off Rachael dawes and Bruce didn't seem to give a shit.

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 01:13 AM
His voice does bug now
that one thing they should fix in the next film.

Boourns
07-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I know Nolan and Bale won't be around forever but I want a new Batman every 3 years. Just as long as they don't turn horrible.

AAM!!!
07-19-2008, 01:50 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/33ww482.jpg

All That I Am
07-19-2008, 05:36 AM
Bruce Wayne is Batman!

gaypalmsprings
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Batman's voice sounded like the Godfather. It was irritating.

The burned face looked awesome in IMAX, especially as the eyeball & muscles moved. I didn't undertand how he refused antibiotics, yet his burned face had no infections.

Also, the cops surrounded the hospital, but when the Joker exited, he was all alone.

sddoctor
07-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I remember everyone I saw Batman Begins with complaining about Bale's Batman voice after the film, but it didn't bother me all that much. In fact I really liked it because it seemed appropriate for Batman to talk like that to disguise his voice. However, it totally annoyed me in this film!! it definately was way over the top. Mother fucker sounded like donkey lips half the time.

Anthony Michael Hall was one of the random cops I believe. I didn't see him in the credits, but totally recognized his face on screen. Not sure he had any lines.

As for future villains, a friend of my was telling me that he read somewhere that Nolan wanted to do something with Phillip Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin and being an arms dealer. whether it's true or not, it sounds like a great fucking idea to me.

As for TDK, it was defintaley an awesome film, although a bit bloated. It had it's awesome sequences that far exceded my expectations, but it also faltered at parts & dragged at the end. Definately didn't like that they killed off Rachael dawes and Bruce didn't seem to give a shit.

Nolan has stated in interviews he would never do the penguin.

Anthony Michael Hall is the Talk Show Host...he had a many speaking lines and was all over the television.

Blinken
07-19-2008, 11:16 AM
from what I have read Anthony Michael Hall was supposed to play a character named Edward Nygma. :) But they couldn't fit it in and that is why he is in the movie as such a small role.

Blinken
07-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Since E. Nygma wasn't in the movie one of the other ideas going around is that the accountant is going to become the Riddler. his name is Mr. Reese, Mister Reese, Mysteries?? Maybe Nolan changed his name to surprise everyone later on?

menikmati
07-19-2008, 11:26 AM
"If you look at the numbers on my face, you won't find thirteen any place." > "Tear one off and scratch my head; what was once red is now black instead." > "The eight of us go forth, not back, to protect our king from a foe's attack." > "We're five little items of an everyday sort; you'll find us all in 'a tennis court'." > 13, 1, 8, 5 > 13, 18, 5 > M, R, E > Mr. E > Mystery > Enigma > Mr. Enigma > Edward Nygma! Batman figured it out!

gaypalmsprings
07-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I bet the Joker nurse costume will be popular at Halloween

Blinken
07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I just read on Wikipedia, that around the time Jim Carrey was cast as the Riddler, Michael Jackson called Shumacher to ask for the role.

gaypalmsprings
07-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I just read on Wikipedia, that around the time Jim Carrey was cast as the Riddler, Michael Jackson called Shumacher to ask for the role.

He'd make a great Cat Woman
http://funnyfree.net/images/sample/funny_pictures_Michael_Jacksons_Next_Surgery.jpg

unitedwestand
07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
After seeing the movie last night, I thought it was pretty good, descent, but not GREAT. Deff not as great as all the critics make it out to be. It was entertaining, but for the most part I kind of felt the movie was getting a bit long towards the end. Obviously Heath Ledger does get my appreciation for acting, he was great, but that may be the best part of the movie. Also, it's not a movie I'd see over and over again, like Ironman. The movie was still alot better then any of the older, 90's batmans, but I still don't think it was as good as Batman Begins. The visuals in the movie was amazing as well, but there were a few things that could have made it better that i would have liked to see.
For one, and most importantly, I think 2 Face should deserve his own movie in these new batman films. (At least not a movie with the Joker). I always thought he had a much bigger role in the batman comics and older movies. (What do you think?) However, the guy who plays Harvey was excellent for the roll. But, I think the movie should have just focused more on Batman's relationship with the Joker.
Too Long-As I said before, I think it was too long and started to drag on towards the end.
The Ending-What I liked so much about the first batman movie to the new series, batman begins, was that they introduced the Joker as a new villain. Instead of having 2 Face in the movie, they should have just introduced his character, to carry it on to the next batman movie. (Or another villein)
Characterization-Besides the Joker, and Maybe 2 Face, there wasn't any strong personalities here. Batman's role was much larger in the first movie, as well as Bruce Wayne's girlfriend. Also, Lucius Fox and Alfred had less roles as well. The one thing they did do was excellent Characterization on Batman's villains, which what made the movie so good.
Another thing, what was up with Scare Crow? He only had a minute in the new movie and then game over? WTF is up with that? (He was a major villian in the first movie)
They were a couple of other things about the movie that didn't feel right, like Rachel's character wasn't as near as good as she was in the first movie. (I am glad she ended up dying though, that was a bit of surprise).
Despite a few glitches However, the movie WAS good. It was a good summer block buster, well worth it and I felt satisfied. I'd prob give it *** in half stars.

woogie846
07-19-2008, 11:59 AM
i kinda want Alan Rickman for the Riddler

Alan Rickman is the best villain ever for any movie.

bluemamba
07-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Who would make a good riddler?

i think Johnny Depp would make a good Riddler.

iv3rdawG
07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
It is now the #1 film on IMDB.

Blinken
07-19-2008, 02:54 PM
LOL that is fucking awesome

Bud Luster
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Was it just me, or was Ledger doing a Stuart Smalley imitation?

RvgMIerTXl4

Jerm05
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
lol..yea, that was stuart smally.

menikmati
07-19-2008, 03:25 PM
It is now the #1 film on IMDB.
That's a little out of hand. Way too many fanboys.

Jerm05
07-19-2008, 04:10 PM
broke two records so far..most sales brought in for midnight screenings and most single day sales

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=323615&GT1=28101

Boourns
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Stuart Smalley is running for Senate lulz

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Did anyone else think Bale looked really weird in the movie too?

whynotsmile99
07-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Did anyone else think Bale looked really weird in the movie too?

i wanted to pop that eye pimple thing he had

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 04:42 PM
omg I didn't even notice that!!

whynotsmile99
07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
omg I didn't even notice that!!

http://digitaljohnny.cementhorizon.com/archives/bale-batman.jpg

sbessiso
07-19-2008, 04:56 PM
ohh that thing, I really did'nt notice that, I'm always too busy looking at that weird circle thing under his right eye, and his nose looked SUPER crooked in the movie, he was just not looking very hunky, I must say

iv3rdawG
07-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Snjh1hT853g

humanoid
07-19-2008, 10:24 PM
ohh that thing, I really did'nt notice that, I'm always too busy looking at that weird circle thing under his right eye, and his nose looked SUPER crooked in the movie, he was just not looking very hunky, I must say

I love Christian Bale, but every seen that the Joker wasn't in, I was just wondering, where the fuck is the Joker??? Heath Ledger owned that movie

Xenocide
07-20-2008, 06:13 AM
hmm, six pages and no one picked up on the Bane cameo? at least SOMEBODY got the Riddler reference...

third installment:
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Penguin
Anthony Michael Hall - Riddler
Tommy 'Tiny' Lister - Bane ...(billed as 'tattooed prisoner' in Dark Knight)
Amy Adams - Catwoman

i really thought Heath Ledger was under-utilized in the flick... the scene with Joker and Rachel, they never get a decent close-up of the insane look in his eyes as he's staring her down, but show about 2 minutes worth of 'Maggie trying to look scared' shots...

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR OF YEAR (by far!).

sbessiso
07-20-2008, 07:38 AM
waitwaitwait

where was the riddler reference?? and where was bane??

Xenocide
07-20-2008, 08:29 AM
see above...

keep in mind, i AM pulling all of this outta my ass... but i'm usually more right then wrong... Amy Adams as Catwoman is a blind guess, but a good one...

sbessiso
07-20-2008, 08:40 AM
ohh, so that wasnt a joke about AMH being the riddler then

iv3rdawG
07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A Warner Bros. executive says the Batman sequel "The Dark Knight" has taken in $155.34 million to top "Spider-Man 3" for best opening weekend ever at the box office.
Heath Ledger as the Joker and Christian Bale as Batman are breaking box office records with "The Dark Knight."

Heath Ledger as the Joker and Christian Bale as Batman are breaking box office records with "The Dark Knight."

The figures released Sunday show "The Dark Knight" more than $4 million ahead of the $151.1 million first weekend for "Spider-Man 3" in May 2007.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/20/dark.knight.ap/index.html

Bye, bye, SPIDEY!

thinnerair
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
i thought the movie was excellent. obviously i agree that Heath Ledger was spectacular. My two biggest beefs with the movie. Maggie Gyllenhall was a terrible choice and gave a piss performance. And Harvey Dent's "two Face" looked cheesy as fuck! So fake and cheesy.

paulb
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
better than Tommy Lee Jones though.

thinnerair
07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I think they could ve chosen a better direction for his face than something that looked like a cheesy monster.

TWO FACE in DARK KNIGHT
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ecMcf3B-ZR4/SB__eeETEvI/AAAAAAAAAzc/aS21ZK-1LwI/s320/Harvey+Dent+-+Two+face.jpg

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
http://dryden.eastmanhouse.org/media/returndead.jpg

suprefan
07-20-2008, 02:29 PM
hmm, six pages and no one picked up on the Bane cameo? at least SOMEBODY got the Riddler reference...

third installment:
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Penguin
Anthony Michael Hall - Riddler
Tommy 'Tiny' Lister - Bane ...(billed as 'tattooed prisoner' in Dark Knight)
Amy Adams - Catwoman

i really thought Heath Ledger was under-utilized in the flick... the scene with Joker and Rachel, they never get a decent close-up of the insane look in his eyes as he's staring her down, but show about 2 minutes worth of 'Maggie trying to look scared' shots...

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR OF YEAR (by far!).

Not happening, Penguin isnt happening. Hoffman supposedly turned it down already. No Catwoman, thats a storyline that would appeal to the females more than anything, all the guys would want is to see her in a tight spandex suit. Bane, yeah right, you truly are pulling that out of yoru ass.

As of right now, they are just begining to negotiate for the 3rd film. Last turn it took a month for Nolan to agree for this one. Just have some patience and we'll see how it pans out. Although I think Nolan will feel that he cant do any better than this movie now, so he might not sign on.

Mr.Nipples
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
i can't fuckin wait to see mama mia!

woogie846
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM

hahahaha

There was a pretty big line for Mamma Mia while I was waiting for the Dark Knight, actually. Mostly filled with soccer moms however.

menikmati
07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I wasn't a fan of Harvey's burned face either. That could of been done a lot better, just looked way too cheesy.

schoolofruckus
07-20-2008, 05:04 PM

After seeing Nicholson's Joker, did you ever think that you would consider the character in the terms that Heath played him?

I could see Nolan coming back and making a third Batman film with Philip Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin.

thinnerair
07-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Im just wondering here, but do you think it would be absolutely impossible that they'd hire someone else to play the Joker? I mean, it COULD be done...though I doubt it.

I also really hope they don't bring back Mr Freeze. That is one character the first movies destroyed.

Philip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin? Thats crazy. You're crazy. Devito was great as the Penguin. So disturbing and just gross. It was awesome.

menikmati
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I think whoever was saying earlier that Mr. Reese (Mystery - get it?) is probably going to be the Riddler in the next film. But if that's the case, then I can't see him carrying the film as the main villian, which means they might bring Two-Face back, which I hope they don't, because I wasn't a big fan of how they portrayed him....time to just move and forget him. And as much as I loved the Joker, that was Heath's part, I can't see them replacing him with another actor and giving him another huge role in another film, but then again they did recast Rachael, but of course she isn't Heath/Joker either.

NicoDread
07-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin is really starting to sound like an excellent idea.

sbessiso
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
mamma mia! does look really good!

brycerosen
07-20-2008, 09:33 PM
REally really really good but not as good as Schumachers batman

thinnerair
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Lulz

luckyface
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
So did Two Face die? It seemed like he did, but I was really surprised that he got so little time on screen. He is one of Batman's biggest enemies, and it would be a shame to see his character killed off in like 10 minutes.

I seriously did not have any other complaints. The movie was phenomenal. That pencil scene was seriously the coolest thing I have ever seen in a movie.

whynotsmile99
07-20-2008, 11:36 PM
i dunno. i think they could go either way with it. But I think he'll be back. It did feel too sudden for Two Face to die off.

I didn't like how his face burned off. I wanted it to be acid. How great would it have been if when he fell over in his chair and landed on the side of his face it just slowly started burning off.

mountmccabe
07-20-2008, 11:57 PM
***SPOILER***

With the boat-bomb scene, when the guy on the civilian boat took the detonator, I thought he was going to pull the switch, thus causing the civilian boat to blow up. I appreciate that the decision for neither boat to blow the other up validated Batman defending Gotham's basic goodness to Ra's al Guhl in Batman Begins, but I'm a little disappointed that I won't ever know if that was indeed the Joker's scheme unless I get to speak with Christopher Nolan at some point.

***/SPOILERS***

[quoting from the Movie Corner]

I agree on all of this. The Joker did nothing straightforward the entire movie; he had to've been lying about which detonator was for which boat.

Down Rodeo
07-21-2008, 12:05 AM

Hahaha, funny you should say that because my friend made this video before we went to the midnight screening. Watch the very last scene where he's talking to the guy in the elevator.

ib3djvcpnfw

PassiveTheory
07-21-2008, 12:21 AM
You play a decent Batman.

bluemamba
07-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Wow!! tommy lister as Bane?? i would not take that character very serious unless he put on a monster performance. no matter what movie i see that guy, all i see is D-Bo.

gaypalmsprings
07-21-2008, 07:04 AM
mamma mia! does look really good!

They should make Batman the Musical - starring Meryl Streep.

sbessiso
07-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Not even I'm down for that idea GPS...and that should say something.

It needs a Gyllenhaal instead, the GOOD one

Xenocide
07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Wow!! tommy lister as Bane?? i would not take that character very serious unless he put on a monster performance. no matter what movie i see that guy, all i see is D-Bo.

he was ALREADY in the movie... it wasn't MY casting decision... personally, i think i'd cast Brock Lesnar as Bane... but that would never, ever happen, and for good reason...

samiksha
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
i heard david tennant wants to be the riddler. i would support that.

thinnerair
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Everytime i see D-Bo I think of Zeuss from NO HOLDS BARRED!

Heresy
07-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Hahahaha same here. Any other movie I see him in, he's always D-Bo to me.

I saw TDK Friday Night on the IMAX screen at this new place in Anaheim called The Garden Walk. The movie was fucking badass. As stated many times already, Heath Ledger did a fine job. It's too bad he's gone. I would def watch this movie again.

thestripe
07-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Begins was a better movie. They should have just focused on the Joker as the villain, and introduced Two-Face at the end. I still enjoyed the movie, but after reading all the hype about TDK, I was a little under whelmed.

chairmenmeow47
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't know if my heart could take Toy Story while trippin' lol. I think the Mr. Potatohead character would just be bananas...

*shrugs* first time i saw toy story was the spanish version while i was on acid in spanish class. i was crying laughing that they were saying "el claro, el claro" instead of "the claw, the claw", LOL

and i posted my review in the movie thread. nobody needs an oscar for this movie but good stuff :)

and the scarecrow was good and hot. screw you guys, i hope he comes back!!! lol

Hopeless Semantic
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Fuck the oscars anyhow...

If Ledger were to get one for his Joker--I wouldn't care less. Whether or not the movie deserves it is merely based on what those who vote think and not an overall judgment based on actual merit.

Toy Story in Espanol class on cid is nuts

That being said, I still wouldn't trust Mr. Potato Head...fuck what's being said lol.

PotVsKtl
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Hahaha, funny you should say that because my friend made this video before we went to the midnight screening. Watch the very last scene where he's talking to the guy in the elevator.

ib3djvcpnfw

Metreon.

Down Rodeo
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Metreon.

You got it.

Also, just for the record, I am NOT of the guys dressed up in this video. I don't have the dedication for that, but I applaud (and laugh at) my friends for doing it.

bluemamba
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
he was ALREADY in the movie... it wasn't MY casting decision... personally, i think i'd cast Brock Lesnar as Bane... but that would never, ever happen, and for good reason...

yes i know he was in the movie already. i saw it! hes just not a good bane ..... Brock Lesnar?? why not The Big Show?? Casting former wrestlers is a bad idea if you wanna take a movie serious. I would like to see Bane break Batman's back on his knee.

kreutz2112
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't know if two-face died. I don't think there is a way to know.

nevermind.

I thought the movie was great.

PassiveTheory
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM

This is a good move if you wanted the henchman, voiceless version of Bane from the movies.

This is an utter dumbass move if you wanted to echo the character in the comic, because Lesnar has never sounded smart in any promo he has ever given.

kreutz2112
07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
what does everyone think about anthony michael halls character becoming the riddler?

PassiveTheory
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm sorta w/e about it. I watched a couple of episodes of the Dead Zone and think he's just about on par with every other psychic detective on television... Which doesn't say much about his acting ability.

I just don't think he can come across as psychotic.

Also... a grizzly, dark and depressing Riddler doesn't seem to cut it for me. He's never been as violent a psychopath in any media form. Hell, even Robert Englund (Freddy fucking Kreuger) couldn't make the Riddler sound frightening with his voice on the Batman, and the 90s version was pretty camp.

I'm pulling for Black Mask as a secondary villain, maybe Catwoman and Black Mask since their histories are intertwined in the comics.

picks up chair
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Very entertaining. Victor Zsasz was in Begins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsasz#Batman_Begins), in a few small but noticable scenes. I'm not sure how good of an actor he is, but it was played by Tim Booth, the lead singer of James.

bluemamba
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I vote Johnny Depp as the Riddler for the next villain.

menikmati
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I vote move on to new villains. Let the Heath's joker remain untouched.

thinnerair
07-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Nolan series

Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for an editorial in Volume 2 about a Batman statue being added to the Wax Museum. The editorial parallels a 1966 episode of the Batman TV series, in which the Riddler used a Batman statue to smuggle in a 'Universal Wax Solvent' from France. Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, Hall is playing a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film. David Tennant has expressed an interest in the role. [5]

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddler

hawkingvsreeve
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
I think everyone is in agreement on the performance Heath gave as Joker asbeing excellent, but beyond that, I left the film a little empty handed. Length was definitely an issue for me. I feel like we could have done with 30 minutes less. Also one thing that bothered me that I am really surprised about, maybe because I wasn't expecting it, was how hyper-violent the film was. Something about it just didn't feel right, or didn't feel like Batman to me. I also agree with the earlier sentiments of Bale's ridiculous Bat growl voice, the underwhelming performance from Gyllenhall, and the rather quick and unbelievable (for me anyway) transformation of Dent to Two-Face, who I thought was wasted really. Heath was enough to carry the villain role in this film. I didn't need another one. I did enjoy the film, but from an action movie perspective. As a Batman movie, I will still contend that nothing really comes close to touching the 1989 release. The others were laughable (with the exception of Nolan ones), but that first one is something special and I don't think we are going to see it topped.

Roadkillhighway951
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
some of you need to get heath ledgers nutz out your mouth, i know he put on a bad ass performance but weve seen bad ass performances before. let the dead man be. it is what it is folks and those nutz aint coming out by themselves.

wmgaretjax
07-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I think everyone is in agreement on the performance Heath gave as Joker asbeing excellent, but beyond that, I left the film a little empty handed. Length was definitely an issue for me. I feel like we could have done with 30 minutes less. Also one thing that bothered me that I am really surprised about, maybe because I wasn't expecting it, was how hyper-violent the film was. Something about it just didn't feel right, or didn't feel like Batman to me. I also agree with the earlier sentiments of Bale's ridiculous Bat growl voice, the underwhelming performance from Gyllenhall, and the rather quick and unbelievable (for me anyway) transformation of Dent to Two-Face, who I thought was wasted really. Heath was enough to carry the villain role in this film. I didn't need another one. I did enjoy the film, but from an action movie perspective. As a Batman movie, I will still contend that nothing really comes close to touching the 1989 release. The others were laughable (with the exception of Nolan ones), but that first one is something special and I don't think we are going to see it topped.

I agree about the length, and Gyllenhall.

I don't think Two-Face was intended to be a villain as much as he was a victim. And as far as the violence, it may not appeal to the Burton version, or your image of it from child hood... but it's true to the best of the comics.

PassiveTheory
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I still don't get why you all think that Two-Face didn't get enough screen time. To me, Two-Face was always Harvey Dent; the movie was, as the ending discusses, about the Joker trying to corrupt and destroy the best Gotham has to offer, and he did in Dent. I think Eckhart gave a brilliant performance, and you can't take anything away from him.

thinnerair
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
They showed too much of his shitty burn face. They showed it quite a bit and considering it was a very shitty choice of mask on Nolan's part, they should ve shown it less.

atom heart
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
David Tennant as the Riddler? But he was already the Joker!
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/tennant05/mobile/joker.jpg

I thought it the movie was good, not great. If it had been pared down to the pithy parts, like the Joker and what he does to Harvey and Gotham, it would have been brilliant. All this putzing around with the mafia, most of whom ended up being Joker fodder, was tiresome. Also, Batman should've done some more ass-kicking. I felt that most of the time he was just trying to get to the event. In all it seemed to me that the brilliant parts were buried in all of this nearly meaningless fluff (dark and heavy as the tone was...).

C DUB YA
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM

yeah but without all the shit

C DUB YA
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
some of you need to get heath ledgers nutz out your mouth, i know he put on a bad ass performance but weve seen bad ass performances before. let the dead man be. it is what it is folks and those nutz aint coming out by themselves.

F A I L

C DUB YA
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM

I totally disagree. First one has been topped indeed.

My favorite Batman books have always had a more violent side to them. Calling this hyper violent is a bit much though. Rarely do we see blood in the DK - it's the implied violence half the time, and because we believe the bad guys are capable of it - it makes their characters a lot more believable.

I thought the Burton bat movies in particular were better made versions of the old tv series. I never felt any of the villains were a threat, ever. So by the time Jim Carrey showed up... the movie series was in serious freefall. I partly blame the way the 89 film started things off. Even the darker tone of returns, was marred by Burtons heavy handed nature... not to mention Elfman's dreadful score. Elfman doing Edward Scissorhands, yes - Batman - not really.

This movie shits all over Burton's and Joel's previous Bat attempts, and some of that has to do with it being boiled down to a cop story - with violence you can feel, grit and fear you can sink your teeth into... not jack Nicolson dancing around to Prince.

Make mine Nolan

Sushov23
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
the 1989 release was topped by Batman Begins.
Batman Begins>>>>>> ALL BATMAN MOVIES

boarderwoozel3
07-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Which one was Batman Begins? Was that the one where Bruce Wane (Wayne?) got trained to kick ass and feel no pain at some Asian mountain complex?

PassiveTheory
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Yes, woozel.

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I thought Jim Carey was perfect as the Riddler, he'll be hard to top.

What about King Tut, wasn't he a villian? I used to watch the black and white tv show when I was little and seem to remember him.

Which leads me to another question, is Robin coming back?

PassiveTheory
07-23-2008, 01:30 AM
He was a temp villain on the TV show. Nolan's sticking to comicbook stuff.

And if Nolan directs it, expect no Robin.

Sushov23
07-23-2008, 01:37 AM
And if Nolan directs it, expect no Robin.

I told my friend that today, she kept arguing with me. I told her Nolan probably wouldnt do Robin, he might cast Dick Grayson, but we won't see Robin in the films.

Boourns
07-23-2008, 02:49 AM
But then who will Shia LaBeouf play? A law was passed that he has to be in every single blockbuster until 2216.

clarky123
07-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Dont know if this has been posted:

'The Dark Knight' actor Christian Bale was taken into custody by London police on Tuesday after his 61-year-old mother Jenny and 40-year-old sister Sharon claimed he assaulted them on Sunday. The incident is alleged to have taken place at London's Dorchester Hotel, where he is currently staying. Jenny and Sharon went to a police station in Hampshire to make the allegation of assault, and the case was passed on to the Metropolitan Police. A representative for the London force confirmed: "A 34-year-old man attended a London Police Station on Tuesday by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault. He currently remains in custody."
Despite his family's claims, police allowed Christian to complete his promotion of the new Batman movie, including letting him attend the film's European premiere in London's Leicester Square.

C DUB YA
07-23-2008, 06:55 AM
that has been posted.

Apparently it isn't as bad as it seems - he screamed at them.

I hate the entertainment press - they latch on to whoever is in the news.

luckyface
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Bale said he would walk if Robin was ever introduced. That is reason enough for Nolan not to have Robin in the movie... unless they can recruit Chris O'Donnell again.

menikmati
07-23-2008, 08:47 AM
That's funny. Didn't Bale audition for the role of Robin in Batman Forever?

luckyface
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM
That's funny. Didn't Bale audition for the role of Robin in Batman Forever?

I am pretty sure he did. I would say that is kind of hypocritical, but I seriously think Chris O'Donnell ruined that character forever. Not that Robin was ever a good character or anything, but he just murdered it.

Hopeless Semantic
07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I am pretty sure he did. I would say that is kind of hypocritical, but I seriously think Chris O'Donnell ruined that character forever. Not that Robin was ever a good character or anything, but he just murdered it.

Speaking of which, what ever became of Chris O'Donnell?

luckyface
07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Speaking of which, what ever became of Chris O'Donnell?

He picked up your trash this morning.

Hopeless Semantic
07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Funny you say that, lucky, because today is actually garbage day in my 'hood.

bluemamba
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Bale said he would walk if Robin was ever introduced. That is reason enough for Nolan not to have Robin in the movie... unless they can recruit Chris O'Donnell again.

Link??

thinnerair
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Chris O'Donnell

# The Lightkeepers (2009) (pre-production) (rumored) .... John
# Swing (2008) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Coach Clothier
# Max Payne (2008) (post-production) .... Jason Colvin

# Kit Kittredge: An American Girl (2008) .... Mr. Kittredge
# "The Company" (2007) TV mini-series .... Jack McCauliffe
# "Grey's Anatomy" .... Dr. Finn Dandridge (9 episodes, 2006)
- What I Am (2006) TV episode .... Dr. Finn Dandridge
- Sometimes a Fantasy (2006) TV episode .... Dr. Finn Dandridge
- I Am a Tree (2006) TV episode .... Dr. Finn Dandridge
- Time Has Come Today (2006) TV episode .... Dr. Finn Dandridge
- Losing My Religion (2006) TV episode .... Dr. Finn Dandridge
(4 more)

bluemamba
07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Ok some of you need to remember that Nolan is going by the comics and also he intends to make these films as close to reality.

That said..... If you requested Clayface then you FAIL!!!!

David Tennant as the Riddler???..... Fail!

If anything you gotta bring Harvey and Riddler in the next movie and have Eckhart give the mother fucking performance of his life to make us at least think that film belongs in the same breath as TDK.

I see Johnny Depp as a better Riddler. I think he can pull off that performance well and will be heavily talked about.

luckyface
07-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Link??

Link (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/07/02/batman_bale_says_no_to_robin_)

bluemamba
07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Thank you. Your so kind. That a hot avi btw.

thinnerair
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I see Johnny Depp as a better Riddler. I think he can pull off that performance well and will be heavily talked about.

He was a TERRIBLE Willy Wonka.

bluemamba
07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
He was a TERRIBLE Willy Wonka.

Really you think so?? Idk i thought he was pretty ok in that movie. But you have to take under consideration that its hard to outdo Gene Wilder. Come on.

Hopeless Semantic
07-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Really you think so?? Idk i thought he was pretty ok in that movie. But you have to take under consideration that its hard to outdo Gene Wilder. Come on.

There's no way you could top Gene Wilder and in my opinion, Depp did a horrible job as Wonka in the remake. I guess, though, I didn't really care for the idea of remaking the movie as it has been done to a million other classics, so I am kinda biased. I think, for the most part, if Nolan continues to cast bigger end stars in his reincarnation of Batman--it will turn alot like the Burton/Schumacher franchise. Perhaps someone under the radar for Riddler if they make a 3rd entry?

bluemamba
07-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I see your point in this. Maybe that would help, getting someone fresh to play riddler so the next movies wont turn out weird. as long as its not Shia Legoof.

thinnerair
07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Robert Downey Jr. would've been an interesting Riddler IMO, though its quite unlikely as he is Mr. Tony Stark.

Hopeless Semantic
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Robert Downey Jr. would've been an interesting Riddler IMO, though its quite unlikely as he is Mr. Tony Stark.

The Stark/Justice League tie-in would probably ruin it for the purist Comic fan...

Xenocide
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Sasha Baron Cohen as The Riddler??