PDA

View Full Version : An Update on TeamCoachella (AKA TCHY, AKA Marco)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:01 AM
An Update on TCHY (aka Marco)

my posting on the board has gone from 10 to 15 a day to barely 1. I have been wicked busy. So I thought I would post what the hell is going on (for anyone that cares)

My wedding is finally happening on August 2nd. It has been a long time in coming. We have been together for 4 years, lived together for 3 times and engage for just about 3 years too (Weddings are expensive so we just put it on the back burner for a long time). She has also been to 4 Coachellas with me starting with 2005 when she was all jazzed to see Coldplay and ended up discovering Arcade Fire. Since then we always know where we will be come April.

Our honeymoon is going to be in NYC, and yes, it will be coinciding with All Points West. We both would have preferred checking out Radiohead in San Fran or Santa Barbra but due to my job it was no dice. So we planned on see them in NYC (you can't beat seeing them 2 nights in a row) and deciding to make our honeymoon out of it (it as actually her idea at 1st but if you ask her now, she'll tell you it was all mine). I am really jazzed about this for more then Radiohead, since we both have never been to the east coast and Colorado is the furthest east we have been. This will be something cool for the both of us. too bad the only reasonable hotel I could find is at Newark Airport. But I am confident enough that we can get by on public transport. Randy has given sent me quite the bit of info months back and I can't thank him enough for the info. Hopefully we will catch up with some of the boarders here. Any more advice as to what we should do in NY would be appreciated. Also, a thank you to Dani for trying to help me with my ticket situation but it appears that they were shipped out already. I still owe you a beer.

BTW: Planning weddings fucking suck. And expensive. So we are piling debt on the damn credit cards. I always told my self I would never run up my cards but oh well I guess. Inflation is a bitch.

On a another note, I had the pleasure of checking in Feist on Tuesday. I would have came and posted it right away but again been too busy. She seemed really chill and nice, despite the fact that due to a computer glitch that she was accidentally checked into a dirty room. I had room service send up a selection of teas but I never heard what she thought of it. He band was a cool bunch of guys and it was a pleasure dealing with all of them. I missed the show but oh well.

So if you see me missing for a week or 2 you will know why. Though I ALWAYS check the board to look up in news that I may have missed.

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:06 AM
congratulations, have fun, and make sure you go to Katz's deli. It's fucking amazing. Have the pastrami sandwich. if you dont like it ill buy it for you. seriously.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:07 AM
congratulations, have fun, and make sure you go to Katz's deli. It's fucking amazing. Have the pastrami sandwich. if you dont like it ill buy it for you. seriously.

hahaha I don't eat meat!

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Congrats! You deserve to be married!

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:10 AM
damn. well right up the street from there on ave. b i think, there is an awesome Brazilian restaurant as well. You'll find some awesome veggies and fruits in there. fresh as hell. mmmm. and if the same waitress is there, shes fucking HOT!!.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:12 AM
damn. well right up the street from there on ave. b i think, there is an awesome Brazilian restaurant as well. You'll find some awesome veggies and fruits in there. fresh as hell. mmmm. and if the same waitress is there, shes fucking HOT!!.

probably not the best thing on a honeymoon. just sayin'
I heard they NYC has some epic veggie restaurants though...I just have no idea where...

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
i know, i threw that in there for fun, but the food really is good there. seriously. i cant think of any veggie places but i heard the same thing. ask around in here, im sure you'll get some great suggestions.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Congrats! You deserve to be married!

domoarigato.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
congrats dude, the best to you and yours ... have a great time on the right coast and take pics ... ill buy you a beer during the dnc or if we ever hook up .... guess you arent going to the fest this weekend since you are so busy ... its gonna be hot ... peace to you and your new upcoming wife ... ron****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
congrats dude, the best to you and yours ... have a great time on the right coast and take pics ... ill buy you a beer during the dnc or if we ever hook up .... guess you arent going to the fest this weekend since you are so busy ... its gonna be hot ... peace to you and your new upcoming wife ... ron****

I really wanted to go on Sunday but I am working that day. I just wanted to see RyG and DMB. She wanted to check out Onerepublic and John Mayer (ew...)

FUCK! I needz to buy a camera!

canexplain
07-18-2008, 08:18 AM
I really wanted to go on Sunday but I am working that day. I just wanted to see RyG and DMB. She wanted to check out Onerepublic and John Mayer (ew...)

FUCK! I needz to buy a camera!

well if you are too broke, i have one you can borrow for a month or so ....x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:20 AM
well if you are too broke, i have one you can borrow for a month or so ....x****

Your too nice Ron. But I think I have an AMEX coming in the mail soon. My 1st American Express card.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Congratulations, Marco and bride-to-be! Maybe I can buy you a veggie sandwich in NY. haha.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Congratulations, Marco and bride-to-be! Maybe I can buy you a veggie sandwich in NY. haha.

How long are you going to be in NY? Where are you staying?

TonyWonder
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
too bad the only reasonable hotel I could find is at Newark Airport.

don't forget about B&Bs. We found an apartment with full kitchen on the upper east side near the park, 6 nights for just over $1000 which was better than most of the decent hotels we found.

here is the article that we ended up finding our lodging with:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/07/20/travel/escapes/20BNB.html

canexplain
07-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Your too nice Ron. But I think I have an AMEX coming in the mail soon. My 1st American Express card.

thats the card i always use ....i put over 18k on it this year alone but i always pay it off before the end of the month, so they have not charged me one cent in interest yeaaaaa (and i have a 0 balance which is an even bigger yea) x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
thats the card i always use ....i put over 18k on it this year alone but i always pay it off before the end of the month, so they have not charged me one cent in interest yeaaaaa (and i have a 0 balance which is an even bigger yea) x****

Well most of my cards had 0 balances before we started planning the wedding. I wish I made enough to clear those suckers every month.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I'll be there Wednesday morning through Sunday early morning. We're staying somewhere in NYC--my husband needs to find out our friend's address and hasn't done that yet. I'm getting a bit anxious because I don't know if we're going to need to take the ferry to LSP or not, and we need to know where our friend lives! I will post the general area when I find out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:41 AM
don't forget about B&Bs. We found an apartment with full kitchen on the upper east side near the park, 6 nights for just over $1000 which was better than most of the decent hotels we found.

Yeah I looked into all that. I got a deal with the company that I work for and we are paying $49 a night for our hotel.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
You're my hero. I want to be able to do that someday.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll be there Wednesday morning through Sunday early morning. We're staying somewhere in NYC--my husband needs to find out our friend's address and hasn't done that yet. I'm getting a bit anxious because I don't know if we're going to need to take the ferry to LSP or not, and we need to know where our friend lives! I will post the general area when I find out.

I am debating buying those ferry tickets since Sunday will be commuting back and forth to NYC. Luckily our hotel is only 8 miles from LSP.

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Yeah I looked into all that. I got a deal with the company that I work for and we are paying $49 a night for our hotel.

i was gonna second what Tonywonder said, but you cant beat 49 bucks a night. and newark isnt even that far away. just be careful going out in newark. hahaha. for real.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:45 AM
You're my hero. I want to be able to do that someday.

Debt sucks. When does too much become too much though? Between Katie and I we will have around 10k on our cards after all these is said and done. While I freak out because of this most people say that 10k is a walk in the park.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
i was gonna second what Tonywonder said, but you cant beat 49 bucks a night. and newark isnt even that far away. just be careful going out in newark. hahaha. for real.

Randy gave me the low down on the area. I was wondering the same thing and talked to him before I booked it. How easy is it getting from though to Manhattan though?

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
its not bad at all. i forget the exact freeway, but if you gimme a little bit i can tell you.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
its not bad at all. i forget the exact freeway, but if you gimme a little bit i can tell you.

Do we have to rent a car though? I am trying to avoid that.

TonyWonder
07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't know if we're going to need to take the ferry to LSP

I'm looking forward to the ferry trip since it will go also function as a tour of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty but $20.00-$30.00 per person per day really adds up. too bad they aren't offering a weekend pass or something.

I got a deal with the company that I work for and we are paying $49 a night for our hotel.

WOW! can't beat that.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
TCH, btw, i also have a new HD camcorder you could borrow as long as , if you lost it, you would replace it .... just saying the offer is there ....x**** yea, i owed about 30k on my cards a few years back and just paid all of em off and i never carry a balance month to month, but sometimes it gets close ...x****

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Do we have to rent a car though? I am trying to avoid that.

no. there are lots of buses and trains and such. espacially from the airport area. if you do rent a car, 78E will take you to the holland tunnel, (lower part of manhattan ) or 95n/turnpike to the other tunnels.

i forget which buses to take, its been a while, but i know there are many.

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:57 AM
wow man, i have about 4k and i think thats just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking much.

marooko
07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
i can possibly hook you up with my dad, he lives in passaic. he can tell you exactly where to go. not like to hell or anything, i mean which buses to take and such.

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
i can possibly hook you up with my dad

you talking to me? ha

marooko
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
haha. GPS, you're an awesome dude, if my dad was gay id tell him about you.

and the Brazilian place is on ave A, not B.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Debt sucks. When does too much become too much though? Between Katie and I we will have around 10k on our cards after all these is said and done. While I freak out because of this most people say that 10k is a walk in the park.
I wish I was only at 10,000 (or less, obviously)

I was able to pay off $25,000 (all our debt at the time) when we sold our old house, but we obviously won't be let off that easily this time. Friggin housing slump. :)

Yablonowitz
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.sfphotorama.com/uploaded_images/tower_of_fries-755203.jpg

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
this is not a fry thread.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:12 AM
now I'm hungry

marooko
07-18-2008, 09:12 AM
from now on, every thread is a possible fry thread.

JustSteve
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Randy gave me the low down on the area. I was wondering the same thing and talked to him before I booked it. How easy is it getting from though to Manhattan though?

there is a train from the airport that goes to newark penn station, where you can catch the light rail into the city.

here is a link to the trip planner:
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TripPlannerTo

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I wish I was only at 10,000 (or less, obviously)

I was able to pay off $25,000 (all our debt at the time) when we sold our old house, but we obviously won't be let off that easily this time. Friggin housing slump. :)

Has anyone here lost equity on their house? I am too terrified to see if my home has lost value in the year we have had it. But I know alot of folks that did what you did to pay off debt. Phoenix and Las Vegas were the hot markets. I remember towards the end of the housing boom in Las Vegas I was warning everyone that the boom was going to go into bust but no one listened. Now everyone that was going to flipped is either going into foreclosure and living in homes that are worth much less then what they owe or bought them for.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:17 AM
there is a train from the airport that goes to newark penn station, where you can catch the light rail into the city.

here is a link to the trip planner:
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TripPlannerTo

Ugh! I think I looked at the map already was frustrated. But I know the train station was pretty close.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 09:18 AM
My house is worth maybe $40,000 less, so I owe more than it's worth. Oh well. We'll stay here a while I guess.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
My house is worth maybe $40,000 less, so I owe more than it's worth. Oh well. We'll stay here a while I guess.

Doesn't hurt if you don't plan on moving for a while...You live in Tempe right? We looked at the area as a possible place to move before we picked Colorado. I just didn't want to live in the desert again after living in Las Vegas. Hell, we might move to Arizona in the future. I can't take the cold winters and we have only been through 2 so far.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Has anyone here lost equity on their house? I am too terrified to see if my home has lost value in the year we have had it. But I know alot of folks that did what you did to pay off debt. Phoenix and Las Vegas were the hot markets. I remember towards the end of the housing boom in Las Vegas I was warning everyone that the boom was going to go into bust but no one listened. Now everyone that was going to flipped is either going into foreclosure and living in homes that are worth much less then what they owe or bought them for.

strictly from a tax assessment angle, i have lost 5 percent each year the last two years .... i dont know if the actual value went down, but i am guessing at least the 10 percent ... i was within a year of paying off my house, then i met this girl (not tygerlady) and well the rest is history ... 5 more years now :( x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:26 AM
strictly from a tax assessment angle, i have lost 5 percent each year the last two years .... i dont know if the actual value went down, but i am guessing at least the 10 percent ... i was within a year of paying off my house, then i met this girl (not tygerlady) and well the rest is history ... 5 more years now :( x****

ouch! you live in Golden right?

JustSteve
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Ugh! I think I looked at the map already was frustrated. But I know the train station was pretty close.

here's another option, not sure if it would be financially feasible every day, but for people flying into newark it would work well...coach usa offers bus service from newark airport directly to grand central for $15 each way or $25 for round trip. takes 45 minutes, about the same as the subway, but guessing the view entering nyc will be much better.

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Newark+Liberty+Airport&s1=NJ&c2=New+York&s2=NY&resultId=103632&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Fss%2Eairport%2Easp&cbid=372902686086

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
here's another option, not sure if it would be financially feasible every day, but for people flying into newark it would work well...coach usa offers bus service from newark airport directly to grand central for $15 each way or $25 for round trip. takes 45 minutes, about the same as the subway, but guessing the view entering nyc will be much better.

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Newark+Liberty+Airport&s1=NJ&c2=New+York&s2=NY&resultId=103632&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Fss%2Eairport%2Easp&cbid=372902686086

NICE!!!! THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED! Thank You!

JustSteve
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
No prob., I was so happy when I found that! Learned about it in the NYC visitors guide I ordered from the tourist office. May want to do that, too, has a ton of info and discounts.

You can request one here, they are free:
http://nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=11

As you can see, I am a total planner when going on a trip, usually just to get there, though. Once I am settled I usually just go with the flow...

canexplain
ouch! you live in Golden right?

naw, saudi aurora .. over by all the new medical facilities which i though might actually make my house worth more ... maybe in a few years ...x****

amyzzz
Doesn't hurt if you don't plan on moving for a while...You live in Tempe right? We looked at the area as a possible place to move before we picked Colorado. I just didn't want to live in the desert again after living in Las Vegas. Hell, we might move to Arizona in the future. I can't take the cold winters and we have only been through 2 so far.
I live in (east) Mesa which is east of Tempe.

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
The county appraiser just adjusted my taxes. The value of my home has lost more than 30% since I bought it 3 years ago. I don't plan on moving for a few years, and fortunately I'll be paying less in taxes.

Meanwhile, here's a French wedding cake for your wedding. It looks to be made with calf fries (or in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Oysters).

http://www.americansinfrance.net/images/French_Wedding/French_Wedding_Cake_02.jpg

canexplain
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
The county appraiser just adjusted my taxes. The value of my home has lost more than 30% since I bought it 3 years ago. I don't plan on moving for a few years, and fortunately I'll be paying less in taxes.

Meanwhile, here's a French wedding cake for your wedding. It looks to be made with calf fries (or in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Oysters).

http://www.americansinfrance.net/images/French_Wedding/French_Wedding_Cake_02.jpg

yea, i have read where vegas was hit maybe the hardest in the country ... sorry gps that sucks big time ...x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
yea, i have read where vegas was hit maybe the hardest in the country ... sorry gps that sucks big time ...x****

I think that was USA Today. 93% of all Las Vegas homes have lost value. Fucking speculators....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM

lol

her mother is making the cake though.

SFChrissy
07-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Congratulations...we miss you...hope your marriage is blessed with countless years of love, happiness & sexual attraction!!! Enjoy your Honeymoon...what an awesome way to spend it!!!

canexplain
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
lol

her mother is making the cake though.

i'll do the video if you dont have anyone ... geez i sound like i dont have any friends lol ...x****

Yablonowitz
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I live in (east) Mesa which is east of Tempe.

Somebody needs to post these facts about zzz up on a board so you don't give her an excuse to say it AGAIN:

1. She lives in Mesa where there are a bunch of mormons
2. She has small boobs
3. She has two girls
4. She has a husband who takes E with her at times
5. She's scared of her own shadow
6. She works for Qwest
7. She only listens to a select group of artists and is scared to listen to much else. This includes: Portishead, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Bjork and some other shit with ethereal singing.
8. She frequently comments to no one in particular random thoughts that are tangentially related to the topic being discussed
9. She asks stupid questions on a daily basis
10. She far too often discloses her personal sexual fetishes (although I wonder if that's decreased with Randy's presence)

canexplain
07-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Somebody needs to fax these facts about zzz up on a board so you don't give her an excuse to say it AGAIN:

2. She has small boobs
3. She has two girls
6. She works for Qwest
7. She only listens to a select group of artists and is scared to listen to much else. This includes: Portishead, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Bjork and some other shit with ethereal singing.
8. She frequently comments to no one in particular random thoughts that are tangentially related to the topic being discussed
10. She far too often discloses her personal sexual fetishes (although I wonder if that's decreased with Randy's presence)

geez that is so concise you would probably rip me apart lol ...x****

SFChrissy
07-18-2008, 10:23 AM
for a second I thought what does zzz top have to do with this...

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 10:37 AM
zzzz wears cool socks, too

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Somebody needs to post these facts about zzz up on a board so you don't give her an excuse to say it AGAIN:

2. She has small boobs
3. She has two girls
6. She works for Qwest

obsessed much?

BlackSwan
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
hahaha I don't eat meat!

i approve of this.

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
AND yabs really hates me.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
AND yabs really hates me.

Why? And I didn't know you worked for Qwest?

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
for 10 years.

edit: I have been on a posting frenzy this week (and maybe last week), so yab's fury is probably the result of that. And past transgressions.

marooko
07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
or due to his inadequacy's as a person which makes him act out on others. many of you are familiar with that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I find it funny that if you married Amy's and Jared's musical taste you have what my listening range is.

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
for 10 years.

Did you buy stock in Quest 10 years ago?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/quest.jpg

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank God, no.
I just started my 401k right around the time the stock was tanking, so I didn't lose all that much money. I sold some (free) stock options last year around $8.50 and made a wee bit of money.

rage patton
07-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Congratulations man!

Young blood
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
good luck marco. Hope there is many years of happiness.

schoolofruckus
07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
or due to his inadequacy's as a person which makes him act out on others. many of you are familiar with that.

FUCK THA HATAZ!!!!!

KungFuJoe
07-18-2008, 01:01 PM
don't know of too many vegetarian places in new york though I'm sure they're abundant. I've been to this place http://www.vp2-nyc.com/ a few times though & enjoyed it. It's a good lunch spot, not far from washington square park or soho. It's been a few years, but I remember loving their corn chowder.

congratulations on your wedding. i hope you enjoy your time in ny.

also, Little Italy has quite a few wonderful restaurants.

marooko
07-18-2008, 01:03 PM
FUCK THA HATAZ!!!!!

thank you. i thought you gave it up.

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
so, can we call you Marco at the Polo?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM
so, can we call you Marco at the Polo?

....fields!

Actually I am so trained up that any time anyone says my name I automatic respond with polo.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
jesus, wedding is tomorrow...crazy crazy...my house is a mad house right now with all the family here....nice that APW has set times now..

marooko
08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
jesus, wedding is tomorrow...crazy crazy...my house is a mad house right now with all the family here....nice that APW has set times now..

you excited? or nervous? or both?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
you excited? or nervous? or both?

not sure...I don't think it has hit me yet...

Blinken
08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Congrats man!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I feel pretty relaxed about it all. Should I be more nervous? maybe I am relaxed cause of all the beer.

Hopeless Semantic
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Good luck, TeamCoach! May everything go off without a hitch tomorrow.

Somewhat Damaged
08-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats, Marco. Enjoy it while you can -- life can only go downhill from here. (How many other people spend their honeymoon in New York watching Radiohead two nights in a row? And how frequently will the occasion present itself to better what you're about to experience?)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-03-2008, 02:46 PM
wedding went on without any major hitches (bar me forgetting the rings and marriage license and have to run home to pick them up). Just getting used to wearing a ring.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Congrats, Marco. Enjoy it while you can -- life can only go downhill from here. (How many other people spend their honeymoon in New York watching Radiohead two nights in a row? And how frequently will the occasion present itself to better what you're about to experience?)

I am hoping Radiohead spread In Rainbows over the 2 days to make room for other stuff...I have a strong feeling that they will go past 10:30 each night.

bartelby
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
hell ya, they'd better!

congrats TCHY - hope you have a fab wedding/honeymoon at APW....if i see you i'll buy you and the lady a beer

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-04-2008, 07:00 AM
look for the hispanic guy wearing the Portishead Coachella 08 Black Shirt.