PDA

View Full Version : CR*** x*** Needs Help Please

canexplain
07-17-2008, 08:58 AM
So I am going to do this Nokia thing at a festival this weekend …. I have not met with them yet, but I guess what I (and others) are suppose to do is use some new Nokia phone and go thru the day taking pics of some things at the venue …. The some things is what I am asking about (they are snotty and call it content) … so if you were to watch a video and or pictures from a concert (a film in this case), what would you like to see … that is what Nokia is asking me to ask “the Coachella board” … what do you want to see in a festival film?… ok, I know tits, but besides that …. Any interesting ideas or uninteresting ideas would be greatly appreciated … this is this Saturday, so let me know as soon as you can … tnx as usual ...x****

captncrzy
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
I always love Douche sightings.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Tits AND ass?

jigsaw
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
tits
chicks in midrifts
midgets
hairy back men
and the bands...

locachica73
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Going through the coachella photos my favorites were the ones of the people completely feeling the music. staring up at the stage and the look of pure satisfaction and happiness on their faces. Because I knew how I felt and to see so many others feeling the same way 4 months later and reminding me of the feelings I had at the time is always fabulous.

SFChrissy
Hairy Bear Backs!!!

Blinken
tits . . . wait, how about artists, celeb sightings, crazy people in the crowd.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Yourself in a dog suit and gas mask.

algunz
07-17-2008, 09:08 AM
When you see "it," you'll know. Don't go in with a plan.

gaypalmsprings
07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I go to film festivals in Palm Springs a lot. I like humor, good sound, brevity, and originality. Two of my fav's this year were a documentary about George Michael & a mocumentary about the guy who works with Porto-Potties at festivals.

If there are going to be tits, make them man tits.

Young blood
07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
me doing bong rips in the parking lot.

gaypalmsprings
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd like to see Tom re-inact his dance aka potty dash.

marooko
07-17-2008, 09:12 AM
i hate to see things like this where they always show people on drugs. i fucking hate listening to drug induced rambles.

Young blood
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
find the 3:19 jesus guy and ask his opinion on how hard dave matthews rocks.

Young blood
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Seriously lets meet up my friends daughter is 6 and is a dancing machine, she loves a bunch of the bands and has been super excited to sing along a jam out. It maybe good for a few min of video.

rage patton
07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Personally, I love crowd shots. When a crowd is reacting to a band, I almost find it more interesting to watch the crowd than the band. Obviously, the band needs to be shot as well, but I think more videos should include crowd footage.
Also, I like in festival films where they just walk around and talk to the concert goers, or when they talk to the musicians about the festival itself.

chairmenmeow47
07-17-2008, 09:59 AM
is this the thread where someone explains why all of your posts have the *** thing going on. i feel like i'm missng my decoder ring when you post sometimes :(

Blinken
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I have been wondering that since I started lurking on here. At first i thought it was censored by the board like the presale password and the word p i n g

canexplain
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Seriously lets meet up my friends daughter is 6 and is a dancing machine, she loves a bunch of the bands and has been super excited to sing along a jam out. It maybe good for a few min of video.

for sure J, are you going sat or sun? this is only for sat, but if you guys go then, you know you will be on the vid .... x*****

the **** is just a sig thingy ...:)

faxman75
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
is this the thread where someone explains why all of your posts have the *** thing going on. i feel like i'm missng my decoder ring when you post sometimes :(

This was semi explained to me once but basically I was given a link to another thread and decided it was too much work to figure out.

Back on topic, I say the people as well. Who needs more pics of the bands from far away. Leave that to the pros. Take people shots and anything interesting or out of the ordinary.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Colorado Ron has to keep his name and the state he hails from a secret because The Man is watching him. They're trying to narc on his hippie-grade free love.

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
The asterisks don't mean anything. He just likes to type them.

Young blood
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
for sure J, are you going sat or sun? this is only for sat, but if you guys go then, you know you will be on the vid .... x*****

the **** is just a sig thingy ...:)

maybe sat. sunday for sure.

gaypalmsprings
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
**** pong

Blinken
07-17-2008, 10:13 AM

holy shit young blood is above the law

Young blood
07-17-2008, 10:13 AM
**** pong.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Stop circumventing reality, J.

chairmenmeow47
07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
thanks to everyone for your assistance. i agree with the taking of non-band related pictures.

**** pong

Young blood
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/mmcq/radar.jpg

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
1. Get a chick to shoot **** pong balls out of her squish mitten.
2. Take camera phone pics of it.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

Young blood
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
beef curtains.

Blinken
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think step three is mystery.

3. create pingpongsnatchshooters.com

Young blood
07-17-2008, 10:19 AM

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
J.... stop it.... you're gonna divide by zero if you keep it up, and then where will we be?

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS, MOTHERFUCKER. ALWAYS CIRCUMVENTING REALITY, YOU.

canexplain
07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
tnx gang, i did get some ideas from you .... will check back every once in a while ... biggest, yes, lame far away shots of bands playing=no, for the pros and backstage ... the people is really the answer .... and art and stuff too i guess ...x****

canexplain
07-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Bump …. So a lot of you have seen some goofy pictures of myself …. If I walked up to you to talk to you and or take your pics, would you be more receptive and open if I had my a)Woodstock 99 t shirt on or b)my Jesus toga thingy? X****

Blinken
07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I would say original woodstock or Jesus.

gaypalmsprings
07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd vote for Woodstock, Jesus, or the Shaggy Dog.

woogie846
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Go people watching, you'll find ones that are worth pictures.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
so Nokia actually emailed me this morn and ask if i needed a hotel room over the weekend lol ... i only live about 10 min away so i said no ... guess they are not going to cheap out on us ... good for them ... i also think i should concentraite sp a lot on the venue and why it is different/special or whatever as opposed to other venues ...x****

amyzzz
07-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe you should peruse ivankay's picture threads because the set-up of his pics are awesome.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe you should peruse ivankay's picture threads because the set-up of his pics are awesome.

i have posted this a bunch, but Mikes pics are always awesome ... some of it is he gets up close to the groups and such ... i think i am leaving most of the band pics to the pros, and look for people and things , but tnx for the info ...yea ivankay is my concert pic hero ...x****

Young blood
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
did they give you vip tixs?

I will be pissed, at myself.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 11:34 AM
did they give you vip tixs?

I will be pissed, at myself.

naw, maybe tomorrow ill have to wait and see ... i did ask for one in and out to go pick up tygerlady later, and they said they couldnt do that, so vip is prob out of the question ....x****

fatbastard
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Ron
Pics that accentuate the beauty off the surroundings

People who are loaded but cognisent enough to see that they are having a good time

Shots from the right, left or center stage, behind the band or DJ to see people's reactions

Pieces of art

Something indicative of the region, people or food (Voodoo=crawfish pie or mullets)

Have fun!!!

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
don't forget pix of the hookahs on Colfax

ivankay
07-18-2008, 12:38 PM
naw, maybe tomorrow ill have to wait and see ... i did ask for one in and out to go pick up tygerlady later, and they said they couldnt do that, so vip is prob out of the question ....x****

shucks. i just say keep you eyes open for all possibilities and hopefully you can make your camera do what it needs to at the given time. Give the thing a practice run and be aware of the limitations so you can stock up on extra batteries and memory cards.

In 2006, when i got my first photo pass, i was in a situation where i had to use a phone with a camera. (http://renegademartian.buzznet.com/user/journal/22110/coachella-day-2-agony-ectasy/)

Young blood
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Get pics of all the pissed of fans that have to hike 2+ miles to the venue, in 97 degree heat because AEG didnt plan accordingly.

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
take a photo of Spicy Pizza

Young blood
07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Also I will call you when I get there Ron. If your lady needs a ride let me know maybe I can swing by on my way out.

Im seeing less than 5 bands tomorrow Andrew bird being the first so im going to chill by the pool with margaritas and a joint untill 3-3:30.

Young blood
07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
take a photo of Spicy Pizza

When was the last time you were in colorado?

marooko
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
beef curtains.

its pretty funny to open this page and the first post says this ^^^

canexplain
07-18-2008, 06:10 PM
youngblood, you might have gooffed .... i was talking to someone on the roo board from austin tx and nokia is flying her, buying her concert tics, all expenses .... grrrrr and i am paying for everything .... i am going to see if i can get anything out of this except a good time ... i will let you know sunday ....x****

gaypalmsprings
07-18-2008, 06:12 PM
When was the last time you were in colorado?

About 5 years ago. I went to Denver a lot when I lived in Laramie & Cheyenne, WY.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
so just an fyi on a friday night .... it might be who does the best pics from different boards as far as being kinda cool .... i just got a text msg from the gal from nokia that she had arrived from over the pond .. maybe england?? ... i will try to do this one right .... i am taking the dishwasher from the board and going to do a bunch of pics with it ... what do you guys think .. should i stay out of any pics, or show me with some of the people or places that is this fest ??? x****

ivankay
07-18-2008, 07:35 PM
If you get in other people's pictures, fine. Get in a few of your own if the moment calls for it and you want the memory of your vibe together. Concentrate on the pictures you would like to see yourself (not necessarily with you in them).

Have you gone through the manual and practiced with the device?

canexplain
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
If you get in other people's pictures, fine. Get in a few of your own if the moment calls for it and you want the memory of your vibe together. Concentrate on the pictures you would like to see yourself (not necessarily with you in them).

Have you gone through the manual and practiced with the device?

no, they are going to show us that tomorrow ... i hate phones, but know tech sort of well ... i did go online and saw the camera/phone they are giving us sort of sucks for pics, so why would they pick that one geez .... so i sent an email and wanted to use the one cnet said was killer ... prob too late ....x****

ivankay
07-18-2008, 08:13 PM
no, they are going to show us that tomorrow ... i hate phones, but know tech sort of well ... i did go online and saw the camera/phone they are giving us sort of sucks for pics, so why would they pick that one geez .... so i sent an email and wanted to use the one cnet said was killer ... prob too late ....x****

Just be smooth. Still and steady as possible for the stills. Still, steady and fluid for your movies. In that story i had the link to above, the camera phone wasn't that impressive, but some interesting pictures came out of it due to the limitations and having to adjust and work around them.

canexplain
07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Just be smooth. Still and steady as possible for the stills. Still, steady and fluid for your movies. In that story i had the link to above, the camera phone wasn't that impressive, but some interesting pictures came out of it due to the limitations and having to adjust and work around them.

for sure, tnx for the advice .. so i think i will crash now, big day tomorrow ...yepeeeeeeeee music ....x****

BROKENDOLL
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Bump …. So a lot of you have seen some goofy pictures of myself …. If I walked up to you to talk to you and or take your pics, would you be more receptive and open if I had my a)Woodstock 99 t shirt on or b)my Jesus toga thingy? X**** It's a shame someone stole your dog. If you wore the dog suit you wouldn't have to worry about walking up to me...I'd be coming to pet you first! :) Do the Woodstock look, IMO.

so Nokia actually emailed me this morn and ask if i needed a hotel room over the weekend lol ... i only live about 10 min away so i said no ... guess they are not going to cheap out on us ... good for them ... i also think i should concentraite sp a lot on the venue and why it is different/special or whatever as opposed to other venues ...x**** After learning to work this camera phone, I think the first crucial shot would be something with the sponsors name in it. Preferably one with someone using their Nokia phone. From then on, like Algunz said earlier...You'll know the pic to take when you see it. BTW...Since you passed on the room, you really should inquire about VIP or backstage. Or, just tell them you know the famous concert photographer, Ivankay!

ivankay
07-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Or, just tell them you know the famous concert photographer, Ivankay!

They'll say "What's an Ivankay?"

Young blood
07-20-2008, 08:31 PM
2 days of awesome.

not really.

Mile high music festival = mini coachella 2004 with no music. I had my thumb up my ass 90% of the time.

highlights
Andrew Bird...holy shit....
Pinback...amazing
Roots..hellyes
Lupe fiasco...good
Collbe collle spelling? who cares shes the hottest artist in the last 10 years
spoon....meh......
black crows...yes.

seriously all the art, and tents and and heat from coachella - any good artists = mile high music fest.

50,000 fans for this each day? fuck colorado we can do better next year.