PDA

View Full Version : 3 new Basement Jaxx tracks...

HunterGather
07-16-2008, 06:42 AM
...are on their myspace page. (if anyone here cares)
http://www.myspace.com/basementjaxx
No idea of these will end up on their new album or just some tracks they wanted to put out there (ie the doep tracks they put out last year: Make Me Sweat, Nifty, and I'm From NY w/Cyndi Lauper).

the new tracks among the other misc song they have there are:

Twerk
My Turn
Saga (feat. Santogold)

Saga is pretty sweet, but i prefer the live arrangment of the song they did on their 2007 festival tour (with vocals by Cassie and Charlotte, who are 2 of the 5 vocalists who tour with the Jaxx, or on this past tour anyway). It's faster and more energetic.

Here's SAGA live from Creamfields 07:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/15425540cd683c36/

superfiction
07-16-2008, 09:34 AM
i think these are atlantic jaxx tracks. cuz they havew the aj logo when you click them. but they are dope for sure

leo01g
07-16-2008, 09:43 AM
I thought Saga sounds so good. But i like Santogold so it doesnt matter.

HunterGather
07-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Ah yes, I didn't even realize that.
Yeah, and those other Jaxx trax (make me sweat, nifty, etc.) were also under the Atlantic Jaxx name (though, some promo singles said Basement Jaxx, but they are one in the same so whatever).

Anyways, they must come back to the states!

HunterGather
01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
The Jaxx posted 2 new songs from what I guess is gonna be on the next EP.
"She's No Good" and "Twerk Planet 3".

And BUGGIN' is also up, from their last EP. It's got vocals from Lisa Kekula (Good Luck).

Sushov23
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone remember the songs that where on their myspace before these new ones? There is a song i'm looking for, I think it's an 08 track, if anyone can help.

HunterGather
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Off the top of my head, i think they had these up there before:

Saga
Twerk
War
Make Me Sweat
I'm From NY

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
The Jaxx better be on that fucking poster tomorrow or I'm going to kick the living shit out of a baby.

HunterGather
01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I keep checking their myspace to see if they will post some damn US dates!
That gap is too big on their current itinerary to not do some US shows besides coachella.

txjaxx
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Jaxx will not be at Coachella or in the US till at least the fall. New album this spring though!

brokenDREAMS
01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Jaxx will not be at Coachella or in the US till at least the fall. New album this spring though!

there is still some hope for them to show at coachella since they finish their south american tour on 4/4 and do not start again till 4/20 in europe. very slim but can be done at the right price i guess...make it happen GV!

HunterGather
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Source or it means nothing! :D

I'd be genuinely shocked that Basement Jaxx won't show up on friday at Coachella. Even more so that they won't use the time to do shows in the U.S. in march/april-ish.

there is still some hope for them to show at coachella since they finish their south american tour on 4/4 and do not start again till 4/20 in europe. very slim but can be done at the right price i guess...make it happen GV!

But theres only 2 dates listed for SA. That's just a little stop. Maybe more to be announced.

edit:

News on the new album!
---------------
So Felix B a/k/a F Major called in to chat with Annie Mac this evening, and we got all sorts of details on the new Basement Jaxx album.

They're due to finish the album in a mere two weeks. They have enough material to do either a double album or one long one. Artists that will be appearing on the album include Yoko Ono, Lightspeed Champion, and Eli 'Paperboy' Reed. Joining them will be Yo Majesty, who we heard on 'Twerk' in 2008. Felix debuted a new spiffy version of 'Twerk,' which you can hear by listening to the archived show on Annie Mac's page. Apparently they've added some vocals by The Binary Kids on the track as well. Sounds different for sure, but I like it.

albumtouralbumtouralbumtouralbumtour.....let's go!

-------------------

TXjaxx, were you the "super fan" in the "Road To Coachella" short film by the Jaxx?
I forget what the super fans name was offhand.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
This and the Chemical Brothers not appearing on the poster have been my biggest dissapointments. I really can't believe the Jaxx isn't playing. :(

HunterGather
01-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Its still possible...

http://www.strictlysocial.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jaxx.jpg

Derekx
07-09-2009, 07:15 AM
OULfz1l7m5I

JClemy
07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Do they put on a good show? I'm seeing them in a few weeks and I'm pretty stoked for them.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Do they put on a good show? I'm seeing them in a few weeks and I'm pretty stoked for them.

yeah they really do

live vocalists for all the songs, hell of energy, costumes, it's great. enjoy!

feather
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM

YES!!! They are so much fun, and energy through the roof. Get excited! You're going to dance your ass off. Think of me if they play Rendez-vu.

HunterGather
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Can someone move the Basement Jaxx thread from RUMORS section to MUSIC section so old threads like this go away :D

I posted a lot of stuff in that other one:
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22406

feather
07-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Ofcourse dear Hunterjaxx I just got excited for a second :)