PDA

View Full Version : AZ D'BACK Baseball...as well as other MLB talk

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

bakersfield
08-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Silly and dumb statement. Curse my ass.

Oh. So the Cubs are going to win it all?

Mr. Dylanja
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I got to go to the game Tuesday night in San Diego, the bartender at my hotel pulled four box seats out of her pocket and gave to me (don't worry i tipped well). Anyways, Webby got rocked... :(

boarderwoozel3
08-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I got to go to the game Tuesday night in San Diego, the bartender at my hotel pulled four box seats out of her pocket and gave to me (don't worry i tipped well). Anyways, Webby got rocked... :(

OH NOEZ :D

bakersfield
08-30-2008, 11:20 PM

What did you think of the ballpark?

Mr. Dylanja
08-31-2008, 12:09 AM
I really liked it, the view of downtown beyond the outfield is cool, especially the dbacks sign in one of the buildings :) Grace and Sutton always talk about it. They have a little hill out past right field where you can bring your dog which I thought was neat. There is a building in left that looks like the stadium was built around, kind of odd. I hate to say it but overall I think it's cooler than Chase. The beer is actually more expensive, $8 for a 12oz!

humanoid
08-31-2008, 02:21 AM
and the magic number is 11
the Angels are easily on their way to the ALCS and depending on how the Rays hold up, they could even be on their way to the World Series.

rumor mill:
Eckstein could be coming back to the Angels. Izturis is out for the year and they need some support from the SS position.

so the Angels are gonna easily run through the Wild Card winner who just may very well be the Red Sox??

I know the Angels have handled them in the regular season this year, but they have a few playoff demons to exorcise before I'm ready to pronounce them ALCS bound....

Not knocking the Angels at all, I just wouldn't underestimate Boston, they are very strong

PS, I would take Eckstein back in a second..love that guy

humanoid
08-31-2008, 02:23 AM
oh yeah, preemptive strike....I know the Yankees are going to be watching on TV in October

C DUB YA
08-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh. So the Cubs are going to win it all?

If they don't, I wouldn't say it's because of a curse.

Saying the Cubs aren't going to win the World Series - really isn't going out on a limb ya know?

bakersfield
08-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Dbacks & Dodgers on the ESPN game of the week tonight!
First time this year Dbacks have been in the weekly "showcase" game this year.

Seems like the following teams have to always be one of the teams involved...Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Mets.
I get so tired of how often the Red Sox are on ESPN.

cabangbangq
08-31-2008, 04:50 PM
So Cy Young talk. Lincecum or Webb?

C DUB YA
08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
So Cy Young talk. Lincecum or Webb?

Lincecum - doing more for his team with less.

TomAz
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
you're a fucking idiot.

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 05:44 PM
you're a fucking idiot.

Wrong. Lincecum has a lower ERA, better BAA and about 25% more strikeouts on less innings pitched.

BTW- Keep up the good work on national tv Brandon... ha!

bmack86
08-31-2008, 06:23 PM
http://www.explorepahistory.com/images/ExplorePAHistory-a0a0g4-a_349.jpg

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Horus Wagner (spelling?) or something like that right?

cabangbangq
08-31-2008, 06:59 PM
you're a fucking idiot.

Oh my lawdy.

Lincecum best ERA in the league, most strikeouts on the league and has had multiple wins blown by our shit bullpen.

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh my lawdy.

Lincecum best ERA in the league, most strikeouts on the league and has had multiple wins blown by our shit bullpen.

No worries, Tim will take it. Webb just laid an egg on nat'l tv. 3.1 innings, 8 ER, 5 W, 2 K, LOSS

zenidogx
08-31-2008, 07:08 PM
if the brewers make the playoffs, is it possible for CC Sabathia to win the MVP?

TomAz
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Lincecum plays for a shit team no one cares about.

Webb plays for a shit team that is in first place because of starting pitching.

And he's pitching hurt, trying to pitch through injury for the good of the team.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
That vaguely reminds me of Kirk Gibson. I think that hit in the '88 world series may have been the happiest moment in my father's life. Including wedding, children and seeing me graduate from College.

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 08:02 PM

And he's pitching hurt, trying to pitch through injury for the good of the team.

Fact: The Giants are averaging about 4,900 more people per home game than Arizona.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 08:12 PM
San Francisco is going to sell tickets because it's a major metropolitan area and baseball is america's sport. Doesn't mean anyone cares.

And, would you want to sit in a stadium in the Arizona heat? I don't like the heat at the beach in LA.

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Attendance is usually a pretty good indication. People aren't going to spend that kind of money to attend anything they don't care about. TB on the other hand, yeah, seems like people just indifferent.

AZ has A/C in their stadium.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Well, how do you negate the fact that Webb has helped to pull his team into first place, and is playing injured?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/8/7921478_bb03a71ff2.jpg?v=0

humanoid
08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
/\ at this point in the season, most players are playing injured to some degree...especially now that they can't take any magic potions to heal quicker

I would say that Brandon Webb is a stud, and he is contributing greatly to his team's success obviously, but he also has another Cy Young candidate on his team, with the same #'s or even better #'s in several categories, Dan Haren...Webb just has the better won-loss record.....

I would give it to Lincecum, kid is ridiculous...plus Webb has the benefit of getting to pitch against the hapless Giants, against whom he is 3-0

TomAz
08-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Fact: The Giants are averaging about 4,900 more people per home game than Arizona.

Fact: The Giants are 10 games behind the D'Backs and going nowhere. No one other than Bay area coke heads gives a shit about them. The Cy Young voters sure don't.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
/\ at this point in the season, most players are playing injured to some degree...especially now that they can't take any magic potions to heal quicker

I would say that Brandon Webb is a stud, and he is contributing greatly to his team's success obviously, but he also has another Cy Young candidate on his team, with the same #'s or even better #'s in several categories, Dan Haren...Webb just has the better won-loss record.....

I would give it to Lincecum, kid is ridiculous...plus Webb has the benefit of getting to pitch against the hapless Giants, against whom he is 3-0
That shouldn't matter. If another team is pathetic, doesn't mean you aren't as good as you've been all season.

TomAz
08-31-2008, 09:33 PM

go through the Giants lineup 1-8 and tell me it's not better than the D'backs?

this team is in first place solely because of Webb and Harren. Lincecum has his team in 4th.

bmack86
08-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Tom, promise you'll never go to Alaska and leave us barren again.

cabangbangq
08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Lincecum has been the only consistent pitcher on the Giants that gets wins. Matt Cain and Sanchez have had moments of brilliance and have also dropped a fair amount of turds. We also have some of the worst run support in the league. Lincecum has more than a 1/4 of the Giants wins this year. He has done much more for this team than Webb has for D'Back's

boarderwoozel3
08-31-2008, 09:50 PM

this team is in first place solely because of Webb and Harren. Lincecum has his team in 4th.

You're joking right? The Giants lineup 1-8 better than the D-Backs? As is the San Francisco Baseball Giants? Bengie fucking Molina is my cleanup hitter, its embarassing. AZ has scored 99 more runs this season than the Giants (624-525) so I'm n ot sure what your talking about.

The Cy Young is an individual award. Lincecum has pitched better than Webb to this point in the season and his numbers prove it.

And I'll take bay area coke before desert tweak anyday.

bakersfield
08-31-2008, 10:40 PM
So Brandon Webb had a couple of bad games....
He also is the first pitcher since 1990 to have two 8 game win streaks in a season.
He will win 22+ and the Cy Young award.

vinylmartyr
08-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Mark Reynolds is like a white Pedro Feliz

C DUB YA
08-31-2008, 11:24 PM

Sorry - I'm no "fucking idiot" as you put it - I just call em like I see em and Tim is a better pitcher this season. That is a fucking fact. Another fact is everything you've said is a statistical falsehood. The Giants aren't better than the d-Backs.

I don't have any at stake in this - As I really don't like either of those teams.

C DUB YA
08-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Horus Wagner (spelling?) or something like that right?

Honus Wagner

humanoid
09-01-2008, 12:10 PM

The D-backs have no amazing offense by any means....but I think that if you truly believe that the Giants offense is better, we are watching a different sport

The other reason the D-backs are in first is because the NL West is weak as hell, don't forget that

If the award were called the Most Valuable Pitcher, I would be more inclined to give it to someone like Webb on a contending team.....but it's not..

Its the Cy Young award, and it often goes to the superior statistical pitcher, a guy who has been dominant over the year

50 more K's, a half run lower ERA, a better BAA...to me, it's pretty clear who has been more dominant this season...not saying that Webb isn't great, because he is, I just think Lincecum deserves the award this year

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Mark Reynolds is like a white Pedro Feliz

HAHA

He totally is. Swings for the fence every damn AB and strikes out about 2/5 of the time. At least Reynolds is going to have 30+ homre runs and drive in 100+ runs. Thats more than Feliz ever did for the Giants...

TheGunner'sDream
09-01-2008, 02:25 PM
if the brewers make the playoffs, is it possible for CC Sabathia to win the MVP?

Id rather think of If the dodgers make the playoffs, will Manny Ramirez win the MVP??

bakersfield
09-01-2008, 03:41 PM
this is a pretty entertaining dback game today!

Drew has just hit for the cycle...

nahuatldream
09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Id rather think of If the dodgers make the playoffs, will Manny Ramirez win the MVP??

Sabathia will get a lot of Cy Young votes, he will also get some MVP votes. Guy has had an amazing second half.

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
CC is the dark horse. Even if he's only been with Mil since July 7 I would have no problem with him wining any award. The guy has been outstanding.

Mr. Dylanja
09-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Whatta game today!! 8 homers I think, Stephen Drew battling a 102 temperature goes 5/5 and hits for the cycle!

BTW...

FUCK THE DODGERS!!

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Whatta game today!! 8 homers I think, Stephen Drew battling a 102 temperature goes 5/5 and hits for the cycle!

BTW...

FUCK THE DODGERS!!

Now this is something we can agree on.

And wow, a 5/5 cycle with a 100+ temp? Definition of gamer: See Stephen Drew.

TheGunner'sDream
09-01-2008, 07:36 PM
FUCK THE DODGERS!!

WTF?? FUCK THE DBACKs!!! Your guys arent making it this year. Dbacks are lucky most of our pitching staff is hurt.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
fuck the dodgers in joe torre's dago asshole. motherfucker.

also, note to BoMel.. get drew sick more often.

C DUB YA
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I think Cliff Lee is the hands down Cy Young winner in the AL. That kid is both MVP and CY Young quality on an even shittier team than the Giants.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
i think the AL-NL disparity is so bad right now that I question that statement.

C DUB YA
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
We are talkin the CLEVELAND INDIANS remember.

TomAz
09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
The SF GIANTS are in 4th place in the worst division in baseball. they would be in last place if the Padres weren't even worse.

bakersfield
09-01-2008, 11:54 PM
I think Cliff Lee is the hands down Cy Young winner in the AL.

Yes...I think we all can agree on that!

Incredible ERA for an AL pitcher!
He has 20 of their 66 wins.

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
The SF GIANTS are in 4th place in the worst division in baseball. they would be in last place if the Padres weren't even worse.

Thank you captain obvious.

TomAz
09-02-2008, 07:56 AM
He claimed the Indians were an "even shittier team than the Giants." The obvious needed to be said.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm really not liking Brian Sabean at the moment.

Rich Aurelia? Omar Vizquel? Fuck you Sabean.

bakersfield
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Those Rockies are making their move.....
looking eerily similar to last year.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
While normally I would say there is no way a team like the Rockies could close 5 games in the final 29 days of the season, the NL West is so shitty anything is possible. Fuck it, I'd much rather see Colorado take the division than LA or AZ. Go Rockies!

thewindowliquor
09-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Get that shit out of here. Go Dodgers.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Dodgers? Pshaw. They'll blow it.

(they HAVE TO)

thewindowliquor
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
#99 FTW

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrgodfuckingdamnit!

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:07 AM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5153561dt.jpg

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
So I'm a huge Giants fan.

I left my apartment for Lolla two hours before the trade deadline ended on Friday and wasn't in touch with the world until Monday morning at about 10:30 am when I picked up a USA Today at the Chicago Midway airport. I was appalled looking at the front page of the sports section and at the top of the page, seeing a picture of Man-Fucking-Ram wearing 99 for the fucking Dodgers.

My reaction? A stream of louder-than-should-have-been-considering-I'm-in-public expletives. I literally called family and a few friends to confirm this wasn't some sick joke...

Seriously, the only thing worse than Manny going to the fucking Dodgers is finding out about it like that... ouch.

Posted a few weeks ago, you'll probably enjoy it...

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM
oh wow. fuck you, man. i thought you were cool.. but now..

edit: you know, now that I think about it, if you're the person I think you are, we talked about baseball in the campground, and you told me you were a giants fan, and I think I called you an asshole then, and, obviously, it still stands.

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Probably, I would expect nothing less coming from a Dodger supporter so touche ;)

I usually wear an old, black Giants t-shirt to festivals so thats probably how it got brought up.

That rivalry really doesn't get enough national love, it's kinda massive.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:26 AM
seriously though, that's a great story about you hearing about Manny.

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
seriously though, that's a great story about you hearing about Manny.

Looking back on it I laugh. Total shock, followed by anger, followed by jealousy, followed by anger at my GM.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah. He's pretty much going to win us the division. We're 1.5 back I think.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
There are two jerseys I really need to buy. Manny's.. and this one...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[JONES]&set=key[number],value[21]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/pG01-2780089_customback.chain]

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Dodger and Cowboy fan? And a legit one to boot. Thats just impressive. Reminds me of a friend growing up in northern CA, guy was a Dodger and Packers fan. Needless to say he and all of our other friends had some disagreements form time to time.

A packman, errr, Adam Jones jersey would be pretty sweet though. If he's anything like the player he was in Tenn. you guys scored such a money playmaker in the secondary.

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Dodger and Cowboy fan? And a legit one to boot. Thats just impressive. Reminds me of a friend growing up in northern CA, guy was a Dodger and Packers fan. Needless to say he and all of our other friends had some disagreements form time to time.

A packman, errr, Adam Jones jersey would be pretty sweet though. If he's anything like the player he was in Tenn. you guys scored such a money playmaker in the secondary.

For sure. And we got him for next to nothing. It's Superbowl or Bust this year.

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Thats not an unreasonable expectation either. Aren't the 'boys opening that massive billion dollar stadium this season?

boarderwoozel3
09-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Just watch out for this...

http://calcrat.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/makingitrain.jpg

(Yes, I think that clown has tin foil in his mouth. White people take 5 steps back)

thewindowliquor
09-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Thats not an unreasonable expectation either. Aren't the 'boys opening that massive billion dollar stadium this season?

Nah this is our last season in Texas Stadium.

Down Rodeo
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey, it's good to see another Dodgers and Cowboys fan on here.

I had pretty much left the Dodgers for dead after their 8 game losing streak, but who the hell would have thought, here they are only 1.5 games back. Should be a fun last month of the season.

TomAz
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I think the Diamondbacks are done. they've worn themselves out playing like shit, and now they're too tired to even play that well.

cabangbangq
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Sabathia will get a lot of Cy Young votes, he will also get some MVP votes. Guy has had an amazing second half.

Cy Young is most dominant pitcher. One half doesn't mean shit. He's done great, I totally agree, but he is not the NL Cy Young.

TheGunner'sDream
09-04-2008, 09:26 PM

BTW...

FUCK THE DODGERS!!

Now this is something we can agree on.

And wow, a 5/5 cycle with a 100+ temp? Definition of gamer: See Stephen Drew.

Dodgers? Pshaw. They'll blow it.

(they HAVE TO)

I think the Diamondbacks are done. they've worn themselves out playing like shit, and now they're too tired to even play that well.

I believe Dodgers won like 5 straight or so and are now only like a game and a half behind.

GO DODGERS!!!!

FUCK DBACKS!!

Mr. Dylanja
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Big series fellas, you face our 3 best, each with something to prove after poor previous starts...Goooooooooooooooooooooooo D-BACKS!!

http://xa7.xanga.com/f1cc331b48c32156163446/z116996505.jpg

TheGunner'sDream
09-05-2008, 12:40 AM
clever pic. Get ready to see the dbacks fall out of the top spot.

thewindowliquor
09-05-2008, 02:11 AM
We have won 5 in a row.

thewindowliquor
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
7 - 0. And the Dodgers are 1/2 a game back.

boarderwoozel3
09-05-2008, 10:36 PM
This is a HUGE game for Brandon Webb coming up tomorrow. Shall be interesting to see how he bounces back from a bad outing under this pressure.

Mr. Dylanja
09-06-2008, 01:05 AM
This is a HUGE game for Brandon Webb coming up tomorrow. Shall be interesting to see how he bounces back from a bad outing under this pressure.

No shit, Harren bounced back like a piece of silly putty, SPLAT!!

Webby is the backbone of our franchise and this is the biggest game he's had all year...

12:55-first pitch...

humanoid
09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
No shit, Harren bounced back like a piece of silly putty, SPLAT!!

Webby is the backbone of our franchise and this is the biggest game he's had all year...

12:55-first pitch...

unfortunately, I think Haren's arm is a little tired...he seems to be developing a late season pattern..in '07 his Sept era was 4.82, and in '06 it was 5.80...this year in Aug it was 5.64....a little fatigue may be setting in...

bluemamba
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
The whole Dbacks team is tired!!

Dodgers on their way to the playoffs.

Ok?? cool with everybody??

C DUB YA
09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
sure - now if the Cubs can win a game already - sheesh.

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2008, 02:02 PM
All the cubs need to worry about is building some momentum going into Oct. A strong final week and they'll be poised for a deep run. Sweet Lou's on it.

C DUB YA
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I hope so - need to baby some of the pitching staff.

I met sweet Lou this morning in Cincy (I stayed over after the game last night) - he signed a ball for me. It was... well, sweet.

humanoid
09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope so - need to baby some of the pitching staff.

I met sweet Lou this morning in Cincy (I stayed over after the game last night) - he signed a ball for me. It was... well, sweet.

I met Sweet Lou in NY when I was kid, he was managing the Yankees at the time....he signed my Yankees hat....it was pretty damn sweet as well

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Brandon Webb, you FAIL! 5.2IP 5H 7ER 6BB 6K ERA now 3.41 and he took the loss...

Sorry D-Backs fans but it looks like your squad is running out of steam.

humanoid
09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
/\ hopefully at least 1 NL West team will finish above .500

Mr. Dylanja
09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Dear Manny, please start hitting the buffet (even more) with Andruw, then go party with Lindsay Lohan and after that go do some blow with Mel Gibson. You were an extra for Apocalypto right? Get arrested, get a classic mugshot and then get THE FUCK BACK TO BOSTON!!

Thank you,

Josh Byrnes

bluemamba
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
^ umm no thanks. Andrew yes. But Manny?? hell no.

Stay in L.A. Manny!!! Your doing fine.

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2008, 08:58 PM
HAhaha. Andrew Jones. Who could have seen that signing not working out? Give a bum stud money...

bluemamba
09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Not to mention Jason Schmipbt. The dude is always hurt.

bluemamba
09-06-2008, 09:14 PM
anyways......

Dbacks fans....

What happend to your savior Webb??

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2008, 09:45 PM
You guys got unlucky with Shmidt. He was a stud in SF and didn't show signs of the kind of nagging injury problems he's had in LA. The Dodgers took a risk on Andrew Jones and it bit them in the ass, he was a much worse decision from the start.

Mr. Dylanja
09-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I like you guys (I guess) but hopefully Cali will fall off by playoff time so we will be there by default.

Yumachella...

thewindowliquor
09-06-2008, 11:21 PM
How about those FIRST PLACE Dodgers?

humanoid
09-07-2008, 12:39 AM
You guys got unlucky with Shmidt. He was a stud in SF and didn't show signs of the kind of nagging injury problems he's had in LA. The Dodgers took a risk on Andrew Jones and it bit them in the ass, he was a much worse decision from the start.

I think they got unlucky that MLB started testing for performance enhancing drugs...so many injuries on a constant basis the last year or 2, for so many guys, I don't think it's a coincidence

boarderwoozel3
09-07-2008, 01:24 AM
I think they got unlucky that MLB started testing for performance enhancing drugs...so many injuries on a constant basis the last year or 2, for so many guys, I don't think it's a coincidence

Agreed. Nor is it coincidence that once the MLB started turning up the heat on testing, certain players had a massive dropoff in production. Adriane Beltre and Brett Boone, I'm looking at you.

thewindowliquor
09-07-2008, 03:03 AM
http://www.tipsaroundthehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/broom.jpg

GO DODGERS.

Cheddar's Cousin
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
YES!

bluemamba
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
GO DODGERS!!!!

D-backs are too tired.

First place feels good.

thewindowliquor
09-07-2008, 04:44 PM
The Dodgers are rolling.

vinylmartyr
09-07-2008, 04:49 PM
H15-PPGKU-I

thewindowliquor
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
^^ fuck yeah. Go L.A.

C DUB YA
09-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Bye Bye Arizona

TomAz
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
fuck the diamondbacks.

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2838236767_7021be4963.jpg

took a pic of Lou Signing my baseball.

here is my baseball fruit from the weekend

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18097936@N00/2838996185/

downingthief
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
D-backs are officially done. What a pathetic display. No heart. Sucks. I loathe all things LA, but I must concede. Congrats Dodger fans.

TomAz
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
the NL west is horrible, it's like the big 10 of major league baseball.

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
funny - really it is, but I'd say the NL West is the MAC of MLB

TomAz
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
MAC, big 10, not much difference these days.

thewindowliquor
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, ok, the NL west sucks...

but the Dodgers are gonna make the playoffs. That fucking rules.

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
MAC, big 10, not much difference these days.

true - except the Mac lacks any true powerhouses

boarderwoozel3
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
the NL west is horrible, it's like the big 10 of major league baseball.

Harsh, but an accurate comparison.

TomAz
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
true - except the Mac lacks any true powerhouses

like i said...

TomAz
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
also, you dodgers fans are talking a lot of shit for a team that's barely above .500

boarderwoozel3
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
also, you dodgers fans are talking a lot of shit for a team that's barely above .500

This tidbit sure got swept under the rug when it was the D-Backs in first.

boarderwoozel3
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Speaking of running out of steam, the Rays are slowing quite a bit. Boston seems to be too deep and consistent for the Rays over the course of 162 games. They'll still win the wild card.

thewindowliquor
09-08-2008, 07:50 PM

This tidbit sure got swept under the rug when it was the D-Backs in first.

QFT

bakersfield
09-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Yep, no playoff baseball or Cy Young in AZ this October.
The wheels came off quick!

zenidogx
09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
ahem.
the best record in baseball belongs to . . .
oh yea, the Anaheim Angels (please don't correct me).

the Cubs and Rays are fading. i think i'll make it official: Angels to win the WS. i'm sticking to that prediction.

and i hate LA!!! (well, i feel the same way Colin Meloy feels about it)

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2008, 12:00 AM
The Halos certainly have the starting pitching and no one is better than Sheilds & K-Rod at the end of games. Combine that with consistency, a decent offense, a quality manager in Scioscia and they certainly could do it.

zenidogx
09-09-2008, 12:19 AM
K-Rod closing out games in the playoffs will be nerve wracking . his saves are always nail-biters.

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Does that fucking broom have to be the first thing I see every time I come in this thread????

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Three more posts and no, you won't have to see it.

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
For

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Sharing

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Thank god the NFL started just in time, now I can root for the Cards for a couple months til they fall apart then the Suns will come along and do the same thing....

Gotta love the PHX!

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
At least you have hope. I know my SF teams are going to suck these days. Well, the 49ers are looking better but it's a long shot. Especially losing to bums like the Cards.

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Well looky here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280908126

:D

paulb
09-09-2008, 03:33 AM
what a frustrating game for the Yankees yesterday... thank god tampa are on a huge losing streak...but ya...Yanks are out, and this is sad.

humanoid
09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
/\ I was at the game and it was terribly sickening, here's to hoping TB goes on some ridiculous freefall and loses the remainder of their games!!!!

It's definitely sad when the absolute best part of the game is a brawl, finally gave me something to cheer for!

fiyahhh!
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I think I might actually watch this...

Former big league slugger and chronic attention whore Jose Canseco will be appearing on the FOX reality show/game show/exhibit of the degradation of society, "The Moment Of Truth." Canseco, the pariah whose autobiography catalyzed the Mitchell Report, congressional hearings and a new PED policing effort in baseball, will appear in an episode to air either in late September or early October, according to a report from David Vassegh on am570radio.com. I guess it's too late in the programming schedule to bring back The Swan Jose could really benefit from some weekly therapy and life coaching.

As I reported first on the PMS Show on Thursday afternoon, I have learned that former MLB Slugger, Jose Canseco will be in the hot seat on Fox's Reality Show, "Moment of Truth" Canseco already has taped the episode and according to my source that was in attendance.

[D]uring the taping Canseco was asked if he ever injected Mark McGwire with steroids and if he ever corked his bat amoung other questions that were asked during the taping.

...The way the reality show works is the contestant in the chair takes a polygraph test prior to going on stage and is asked the same questions. If the anwsers the contestant gives on stage matches the polygraph then, they continue to advance and get more money.

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Giants beat the D-Backs again.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
the dbacks folded up their tent last week. it's football season.

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Amen, GO CARDS!

C DUB YA
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Cubs are packing it in as of late too, luckily... so are the Brewers. both have dropped 8 out of their last 10.

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I had one foot back on the bandwagon in the top of the ninth.....

FUCK IT, LET'S GO CARDS!!!

downingthief
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Operation Meltdown continues...another 9th inning loss for the D-backs. Another sweep. Lyon needs a new day job.

Thank GOD for football season!!

paulb
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
damn it Pettitte!

boarderwoozel3
09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
O NOEZ!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280910126

Thats going out with a bang. A 2007 Seattle Mariners collapse.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
You guys honestly think your situation is going to improve with the start of the NFL season?

... you guys.. are Cardinals fans?

k. good luck with that. go Cowboys.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
what is Wade Phillips' playoff record?

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
what is Wade Phillips' playoff record?

Come on man. Our playoff woes goes way deeper than Wade.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. I mean, if you're going to dog America's team, there's no need to pull your punches. We can take it.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
1998 was a very good year, in that respect.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm going to assume that's the year we lost in the playoffs to the god damn cardinals. Yeah, that's fine. You guys can have that one. Five Superbowls. FIVE.

Also, the Cardinals are the team that forever tainted the legacy of Emmitt Smith, and now your Heisman winner is being outplayed by Kurt motherfucking Warner.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
truths.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I try to concentrate on 1995. When it gets too overwhelming, I just think of 1993.

I think '92 was the best though. Who puts up 52 points in a Superbowl? The fucking Dallas Cowboys, that's who.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 10:56 PM
by my math you were 10 in 1992.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 10:57 PM
by my math you were 10 in 1992.

I was 11, thank you very much.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm glad this thread has changed to football.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Dodgers now hold a 3.5 game lead in the NL west. :)

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:23 PM
How are the Rangers doing?

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
The Rangers level of success is probably about equal to that which will be enjoyed by the Arizona Cardinals.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:27 PM
wrong. The Cardinals have been to the playoffs.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I was talking about this season specifically, but, touche.

Although I don't really consider myself a Rangers fan, per say, I did see Nolan Ryan pitch for the Rangers, and that will always secure them a place in my heart, no matter how bad they suck, or how many Sammy Sosas and GW Bushes pass through Arlington.

zenidogx
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
if you're gonna watch the MLB postseason, get prepared to see some of this:aziWSxqGBD4

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I saw Nolan Ryan's 4000th strikeout.

zenidogx
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
nice.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Also, I had a drunken conversation with Peter Uberoth that evening.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
if you're gonna watch the MLB postseason, get prepared to see some of this:

fuck the Orange County Angels.

That is epic. I have an autographed baseball and childhood memories.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Also, I had a drunken conversation with Peter Uberoth that evening.

Did you tell him it was bullshit to ban Pete Rose? You should have.

zenidogx
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
fuck the Orange County Angels.

thank you.
as far as my lifetime goes, the Angels have won more WS than the Dodgers.
haha
take that.

just a random thought, but i think it's nuts how Dodger fans remember Gibson's HR. my brother was like 10 when that happened and he still remembers it like it was yesterday.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Did you tell him it was bullshit to ban Pete Rose? You should have.

no, we had a nice discussion regarding the salient points, pros and cons, of the designated hitter. The discussion involved my yelling at him from about 50 feet away.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:48 PM
no, we had a nice discussion regarding the salient points, pros and cons, of the designated hitter. The discussion involved my yelling at him from about 50 feet away.

I'm going to guess that the "pro" section of the discussion was not as lengthy or as well-spoken as the other bits.

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM

He was a terrible hitter...

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 11:59 PM
He was a terrible hitter...

OK, I realize that this was a joke. Not funny, but still...

Nolan Ryan didn't even come close to 4k career at bats. He played most of his career in the AL.

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 12:16 AM
OK, I realize that this was a joke. Not funny, but still...

Nolan Ryan didn't even come close to 4k career at bats. He played most of his career in the AL.

I'm just glad YOU got it...

bakersfield
09-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I saw Dennis Martinez's Perfect Game at Dodger Stadium in 1991.

Just posted an emotional baseball story in the 9/11 thread

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Is there even a sliver of hope left Bakersfield or is it officially football season?

thewindowliquor
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, the Diamondbacks have lost 6 in a row, and they just got swept by the Giants. I'd say you should pack it up, but if your football season consists of watching a bunch of Cardinals games, then, I dunno. Maybe your best hope is for a D'backs miracle.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, the Diamondbacks have lost 6 in a row, and they just got swept by the Giants. I'd say you should pack it up, but if your football season consists of watching a bunch of Cardinals games, then, I dunno. Maybe your best hope is for a D'backs miracle.

Gee, thanks Bakersfield, I didn't know you had an alias....

Go mourn with TO's hurt feelings jackass...

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Fuck TO, that asshole's antics started the demise of my team's winning ways.

thewindowliquor
09-12-2008, 01:02 AM
What team? The 49ers? Seriously, you're going to try and blame TO for that train wreck?

TomAz
09-12-2008, 08:17 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/TomAz/ohjeez.jpg

humanoid
09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
thank you.
as far as my lifetime goes, the Angels have won more WS than the Dodgers.
haha
take that.

just a random thought, but i think it's nuts how Dodger fans remember Gibson's HR. my brother was like 10 when that happened and he still remembers it like it was yesterday.

it's because it's possibly the coolest moment in baseball history, I still get goosebumps when I see it and I'm not even a Dodger fan

bakersfield
09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Is there even a sliver of hope left Bakersfield or is it officially football season?

Sorry to say, I think it is over...

bakersfield
09-12-2008, 10:12 PM
It is really amazing that the Dback bullpen is as bad as it is.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Just imagine if we had kept Valverde and Quentin....

No Qualls, Rouche (sp) or Dunn and we'd probably have the pennant locked right now....

bakersfield
09-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Just imagine if we had kept Valverde and Quentin....

No Qualls, Rouche (sp) or Dunn and we'd probably have the pennant locked right now....

You are right.

I really do not care for the GM Josh Byrnes.
He gets a lot of praise in the press here & he seems so smug.
He should have extended Orlando & not Eric Byrnes.
Kept Valverde, etc, etc...

bakersfield
09-14-2008, 08:27 AM
HOLY SHIT!
Does it get any worse?
Blow a save in the 9th (again!).
Then in the 10th, the pitcher you traded the day earlier beats you with his BAT!

cabangbangq
09-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Cy Young: Webb or Lincecum?

TomAz
09-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Webb faltering down the pennant stretch probably gives it to Lincecum. Lincecum hasn't pitched in a pressure game in his career, but still, voters will go with the stats.

bakersfield
09-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Getting interesting in Queens again!
Will the Mets choke?

paulb
09-17-2008, 11:16 PM
hopefully... Phillies are a more entertaining team anyways...

bluemamba
09-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Lets rub a little more salt on the open flesh.

Dbacks have lost SO SO many games in a row and have gone from being 4 games ahead of the dodgers to being 5 games back of them and out the playoffs. Good job Dbacks. Keep it up.

bluemamba
09-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Ohh and not to mention the Dodgers rocked the Dbacks savior BWEBB the last outing.

TomAz
09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Webb won #21 last night. and also hit a two-rbi double.

bakersfield
09-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Poor RJ. No run support this year.
He should easily be at 300 wins.

TomAz
09-19-2008, 08:04 AM
3 runs off Lincecum is pretty good for the Dbacks weak-hitting lineup. The real culprit last night was Cruz giving up that homer in relief.

C DUB YA
09-19-2008, 03:36 PM
CUBS Magic number down to 2!

boarderwoozel3
09-19-2008, 06:18 PM
3 runs off Lincecum is pretty good for the Dbacks weak-hitting lineup. The real culprit last night was Cruz giving up that homer in relief.

Bleh. That two run triple was nonsense. Why we had Velez playing LF is a mystery to me but letting that ball get over his head is an inexcusable error. But in all fairness, so it giving up a HR to Bengie Molina.

Kudos to the D-Backs for the sweep though. Kept yourself in the race even if its a long shot.

Milwuakee is this season's Mets. Full on implosion status.

Screw the Billy Goat, I want a Cubs v TB Series and for the cubbies to end their century of toil. If for no other reason, we won't have to hear them bitch about it anymore. Then we can move onto the Indians' and Giants' championship drought.

Mr. Dylanja
09-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Tom and Bakersfield, what do YOU do this off season if you're the GM and what is our starting defense look like?

bakersfield
09-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Tom and Bakersfield, what do YOU do this off season if you're the GM and what is our starting defense look like?

I think EVERY move the GM has done, outside of getting Haren, has not been good!
So I do not feel we are in good hands.
I hope he does not try to do too much.
Many of these kids will be AllStars, it is too early to panic & give up on them (i.e. Quentin)
I think...
-re-sign Hudson (notice how we totally fell apart since he got hurt?). He is a wonderful leader, good hitter & the best with the glove. Pay the man!
-blowup the bullpen! Bullpen needs new bodies! Sign a closer, let Lyon walk, trade Rauch back to DC for a nice maple bat, or a bag of balls :)

I think another year will add to big leaps of maturity for the young core of bats.
Upton will be a stud, as will Drew & Jackson. Reynolds has upside too.
Young needs to sink or swim! A .235-.245 average will not be acceptable...
Snyder is good behind the plate.
Byrnes in left. CoJack at first (even though he is more comfortable in left)
Rotation of ...
Webb
Haren
Scherzer
RJ (let him come back for one more year--still very effective)
DDavis

On the bench...Burke is useless.
I have no problem bringing Clark back to pinch hit & come in late in a game.
But I think Melvin tried to start him too often.

TomAz
09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
address the bullpen first. make scherzer a closer perhaps?

trade Mark Reynolds and Chris Young. provided we can get some value for them.

I only re-sign Johnson if he's willing to pitch for what he's worth ($5 mill or so). Ditto Hudson, he's good (but not great) and he's injury prone.

Also, I hand Byrnes a loaded gun and ask him to take the honorable way out if he's going to have another year like this year.

in my mind the only Untouchables are Webb and Harren. Drew and Jackson are close but I'd deal them if offered good value. Everyone else is fair game.

humanoid
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
address the bullpen first. make scherzer a closer perhaps?

trade Mark Reynolds and Chris Young. provided we can get some value for them.

I only re-sign Johnson if he's willing to pitch for what he's worth ($5 mill or so). Ditto Hudson, he's good (but not great) and he's injury prone.

Also, I hand Byrnes a loaded gun and ask him to take the honorable way out if he's going to have another year like this year.

in my mind the only Untouchables are Webb and Harren. Drew and Jackson are close but I'd deal them if offered good value. Everyone else is fair game.

You guys can keep Reynolds and his 196 K's and 32 Errors...not sure anything good is going to come back your way in return for him

TomAz
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
You guys can keep Reynolds and his 196 K's and 32 Errors...not sure anything good is going to come back your way in return for him

He's going to finish this season with close to 30 HR and 100 RBI. you don't think somebody would trade something for that?

downingthief
09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Still not sure about giving up on Reynolds, yet. I mean, if he jacks 40-50 hr's, we won't even be talking about the strikeouts.

The guy who has been the BIGGEST disappointment this year is clearly Chris Young. He plays every day, swings at awful pitches, and lets good ones go by him. Very frustrating. He should have gone down to the minors at some point this season. But, because no one else on the roster can play center, he stayed up and stunk of the joint.

bakersfield
09-23-2008, 12:19 AM

What would you do Mr. D?

boarderwoozel3
09-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Byrnes screwed you guys about as bad as he fucked my fantasy baseball team.

boarderwoozel3
09-23-2008, 12:28 AM

192 Ks and 32 Es?!?! Damn, he'd better jack 50 or he's gonna be riding the pine pony.

humanoid
09-23-2008, 12:34 AM
He's going to finish this season with close to 30 HR and 100 RBI. you don't think somebody would trade something for that?

obviously you could get something for him, I just don't see them getting much for him. yes, the 30 HR and 100 RBI are nice, but we're talking about a guy who struck out so far in 198 of 523 AB's!! That's 38% of his AB's over the course of a season ending with a strike out

last year, in his rookie year, he struck out 129 of 366 AB's..35%!!!

I would expect for that atrocious # to decrease, not increase...to me, that doesn't bode well for his future, as major league pitchers are smart and are better than ever at charting weaknesses and holes in swings...38% K rate= many holes

and forget all that, he leads all Major League third baseman in errors....by 9!!!

so yes, you may get something for him in return, but any team with a decent scouting department would pass in a second

humanoid
09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
192 Ks and 32 Es?!?! Damn, he'd better jack 50 or he's gonna be riding the pine pony.

To be fair, Ryan Howard gets away with the K's...and he leads all first basemen in errors....but, he has 18 more homeruns, and 47 more RBI's

boarderwoozel3
09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
so yes, you may get something for him in return, but any team with a decent scouting department would pass in a second

A team with access to ESPN.com could unveil his flaws.

humanoid
09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
A team with access to ESPN.com could unveil his flaws.

that's an important tool in my scouting department's bag of tricks

vinylmartyr
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for falling apart Diamondbacks.

TomAz
09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Mark Reynolds says you're welcome.

downingthief
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank God, it's over. Sad when your best month of the season is in April, and your worst is in September.

And now, all I can say is...

GO CUBS!!!

:)

humanoid
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank God, it's over. Sad when your best month of the season is in April, and your worst is in September.

And now, all I can say is...

GO CUBS!!!

:)

a large portion of the reason they got off to such a great start was they had a ridiculously easy schedule

May 1-3 @ Cincinatti
May 4-6 @ Col
May 7-9 Home -LA
May11-13 Home - COL
May14-16 @ SF
May 18-20 Home - SD
May 21-22 Home - SF
May 23-24 @ LA
MAy 25-27 @ SD
May 28-30 Home-Hou

No long traveling, and all within their division for the most part...once they had to start traveling east of Texas( I know they started in CINCI)....and playing teams out of their division, things became more difficult for them

DRcube
09-25-2008, 03:41 PM
DODGERS BITCHES!!!!

zenidogx
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
let's face it. the WS champ will be either Tampa, the Cubbies, or the Halos.

place bets now.
i'm going with the Angels of Anaheim. each team is amazing with great managers, but the Angels have the better talent.

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
DODGERS BITCHES!!!!

i hate you. Angels are fucking every team in the ass this october. Tex, Vlad, Hunter and GA are unstoppable my friend

Blinken
09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
DODGERS BITCHES!!!!

:D.

Mr. Dylanja
09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
What would you do Mr. D?

I really don't know, this is the first full year I've really followed the D-Backs pretty closely. I just think we're young and need more time to develop really. ALL of the trades have seemed to be for the worse!

I think with a little patience, this team could be good for a long time...

I am an NFL/NBA type of guy tho, so they lasted just long enough for me :)

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-25-2008, 09:47 PM

place bets now.
i'm going with the Angels of Anaheim. each team is amazing with great managers, but the Angels have the better talent.

yes, i love you. Scioscia has everything under control and you cant beat the halo's offence and base running. sorry america

bluemamba
09-25-2008, 10:01 PM

place bets now.

Thats were you FAIL right there. Cubs have a curse. Didnt you know??

DRcube
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
i hate you. Angels are fucking every team in the ass this october. Tex, Vlad, Hunter and GA are unstoppable my friend

hell yeah, fucking 9 guys in the ass couldnt be cooler

bakersfield
09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats to the Dodgers.

I do think Brandon Webb wins the Cy Young.

DRcube
09-25-2008, 10:25 PM
dude tim lincecum is gonna win

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
hell yeah, fucking 9 guys in the ass couldnt be cooler

i know, right? i'm mean that's the only reason i go to the the big A. it's the gay team orgys that keep bringing me back

C DUB YA
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
great games this evening

C DUB YA
09-25-2008, 11:53 PM

place bets now.

I'm going to (naturally) say the Cubs have the best all around team talent.

boarderwoozel3
09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Congrats to the Dodgers.

I do think Brandon Webb wins the Cy Young.

Fuck the Dodgers on principle.

Why would Webb win the Cy Young? The numbers favor Tim and Brandon went MIA when his team was in desperate need of an Cy Young caliber pitching performance. Remember him getting rocked on Sunday night baseball (nat'l TV) when the D-backs were mid-choke? The voters will.

bluemamba
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm going to (naturally) say the Cubs have the best all around team talent.

paging Steve Bartman

boarderwoozel3
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
paging Steve Bartman

On man. That guy would sacrificed on the spot if he showed his face at a Cubs playoff game.

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Angels all the way. their base running along with their amazing power hitting lineup shall prevail! damn, i cant wait for the playoffs to start

bakersfield
09-26-2008, 09:04 AM
dude tim lincecum is gonna win

I disagree. Webb has the wins on his side & that will be enough.

boarderwoozel3
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I disagree. Webb has the wins on his side & that will be enough.

Come on now. You're really going to latch on to the one statistic that the pitcher doesn't even have full control over? But if you to make that argument, Tim has a better win% on a worse team.

Strikeouts are to pitching what HRs are to hitting and chicks dig the long ball. Not to mention sub 3 ERA's over 220 innings pitched is all kinds of sexy.

humanoid
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I still think it's Lincecum, aside from total wins, he is better in every single other category than Webb

DRcube
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Come on now. You're really going to latch on to the one statistic that the pitcher doesn't even have full control over? But if you to make that argument, Tim has a better win% on a worse team.

Strikeouts are to pitching what HRs are to hitting and chicks dig the long ball. Not to mention sub 3 ERA's over 220 innings pitched is all kinds of sexy.

QFT
fucken a

zenidogx
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Thats were you FAIL right there. Cubs have a curse. Didnt you know??

:rolleyes

faxman75
09-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Don't stop believin' watching the white sox battle back. What a fucking game.

jazzz
09-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Angels all the way. their base running along with their amazing power hitting lineup shall prevail! damn, i cant wait for the playoffs to start

ANGELS will be the 2008 World Series Champs!

I can't wait either!

bluemamba
09-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Actually no. Its going to be the Dodgers!

Bring back Gibson to pinch hit!!!

C DUB YA
09-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I still think it's Lincecum, aside from total wins, he is better in every single other category than Webb

Yep - and he ended on a high note Sunday. Tim is going to (should) win the Cy

C DUB YA
09-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Cubs vs Dodgers - Phillies vs Brewers

Bring it on LA, even though I don't know any non Cubs fans saying this... I'm calling Cubbies in 4.

faxman75
09-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Looks like the Sox / Tigers get the last game of the regular season. Sox win, we play the Twins in a playoff game. Should be interesting. Wish this game was on tonight instead of today. Guess I gotta check online for scores.

TomAz
09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
It gives me great pain to predict: Dodgers in 5. I really hope I'm wrong.

I think the Phillies are going to the WS though.

I can't make any sense out of the AL playoffs though.

C DUB YA
09-29-2008, 07:59 AM
you are one of the many Tom - everyone i talk to is picking the fucking Dodgers or as I like to call them - the team with no soul. Personally I think Ryan can beat Derek Lowe, the only problem there is Lowe gets a ton of ground balls, Dempster does not. Then it wll all depend on which Carlos Zambrano shows up for game 2 - if its no hiiter Z - then series closed.

Philly is a good bet - that is a scary team.

I also have no idea about the AL.

TomAz
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
the Dodgers are just a different team since the Ramirez trade.

C DUB YA
09-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Cubs mission numero uno - neutralize Manny.

then get to their starting pitching earlier than your own - they'll be right as rain.

nahuatldream
09-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm just glad they got into the playoffs. A few playoff wins would be nice, to follow. Winning their first series in 20 years? A guy can dream.

faxman75
09-29-2008, 08:58 AM
The Cubs only have one fucking mission. That's figure out their excuse for losing in advance. They are currently digging through thousands of internet pages of folk lore to figure out what to blame it on this year. I'm sure when all else fails they will blame some fan in left field.

bmack86
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Dodgers have had a huge drive since Manny came to them. I'm hoping they go far. It'd be the first time I get to remember seeing the playoffs with them performing, so I'm counting on it.

TomAz
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
The Cubs only have one fucking mission. That's figure out their excuse for losing in advance. They are currently digging through thousands of internet pages of folk lore to figure out what to blame it on this year. I'm sure when all else fails they will blame some fan in left field.

I had to sig this.

faxman75
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I am honored Tom. I don't know what Cubs fans will do really. The whole novelty of the team is to love being a loser. If you go to a live game the added bonus is to sit in the bleachers with your 'bros' and get so shit faced you don't even know the score.

The future of Wrigley hangs in the balance at this point. Did they ever think the whole fucking stadium is a curse? Ha, sure enough that avenue has been exploited already as well.

http://www.wrigleyfieldcurse.com/

Such a tired tired team. Nevermind the goat and the rest of the nonsense, we should really talk about the sci fi comic book idea to destroy evil they came up with last time around by taking the Bartman ball and getting local annoyance Billy Corgan to show up at Harry Carry's so they can press a button that zapped the ball into a zillion pieces.

Ahh yes, here is that glorious occasion Ib8s3Ozgccc

C DUB YA
09-29-2008, 12:44 PM

We are waaaaaayyyyyy past all that - those who aren't Cubs fans - are not.

the only people who bring all that crap up every year is the sports media and non Cubs fans - hell someone mentioned bartman twice as soon as I said Cubs and playoffs in here - oh and they were from LA. I still here corked bat at Reds games, because other teams build the folklore to raz who has been fucking beating their asses the last few years, not diehard Cubs fans. (case in point Faxman's digging up of the Bartman ball shit)

Point is Nobody wants to be a lovable loser - and I don't sit in the bleachers when I go to games, and I don't get shitfaced - I take it very seriously and I don't believe in curses - if we lose, its fucking on the field, not in some fans cursed seat or some goats testicles. By the way - we didn't lose the Bartman game because of that play - we lost because of the error at second (Gonzalez), Prior's arm was blown out and timely hitting by the Marlins, ask this years Mets about that.

And no one is tearing Wrigley (or Fenway) down ever - I just don't think that is an option realistically. That's just silly nonsense.

Oh and fuck the Dodgers.