PDA

View Full Version : Dubstep in '09!!!

mittens4kittens
07-07-2008, 05:54 PM
this is a better place for this post- I just want for some Knee-up mashing out, don't think its too much to ask.

Lets get Rusko, Pinch, Vex'd, Boxcutter, I posted a bunch more in my first thread, you get the idea...

moomoo
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
this is a better place for this post- I just want for some Knee-up mashing out, don't think its too much to ask.

Lets get Rusko, Pinch, Vex'd, Boxcutter, I posted a bunch more in my first thread, you get the idea...

If more people knew what dubstep were, they'd have the same response I do.

NO.

Wheres the beef?
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

SecretPrescription
07-08-2008, 07:39 PM
yes please

there was some in the do lab, but i want more

betao
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
this would be cool.

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
NO

:p

mittens4kittens
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
yeah the do lab was a cool area to walk through, but I felt like I was missing out if I lingered... I want that sahara wobble...

mittens4kittens
07-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I wonder why some people hate this stuff so much... dude how could you be into outkast but not like dubstep? double-time brah! you probably only like their new stuff...

Oh well I'm sure there are enough rudies out there who would really enjoy this.

If you don't like awesome bass and fun dancing, go to one of the four other stages while I'm vibing with other vibers...

Come on Coachella, give these jaded hipsters a taste of something new!

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 08:13 PM
dubstep sprinkled into a set is fine.

an entire set of dubstep makes me want to do anything BUT dance.

orbit
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
you can always dance in another tent.

I'd like to see skream or kode9, but like i said in your other topic, dubstep and 110F in the middle of the desert doesn't look like a good combination. put them at night in the dome (if any), and only 2-3 exclusive dubstep djs at most. you are asking for a whole bunch and that would suck.

mittens4kittens
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
you can always dance in another tent.

I'd like to see skream or kode9, but like i said in your other topic, dubstep and 110F in the middle of the desert doesn't look like a good combination. put them at night in the dome (if any), and only 2-3 exclusive dubstep djs at most. you are asking for a whole bunch and that would suck.

If they do book anyone big, they would probably try to get skream.

I don't think the heat issue is relevant, there is insane dance music in the afternoon all the time!

I don't agree with marginalizing an entirely new genre that is sweeping england and still hasn't been heard by a lot of people by relegating it to one of the crappy (sorry) side stages.

I listed a bunch of people I would like to see, only to add names to the conversation, but just a handful would do it. Perhaps though it would have a greater impact if there was only one. I can just imagine a whole day of house interrupted by strange tremors from the subs...

If they do only pick one they should get Boxcutter.

boredofcanada
07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
there was dubstep this year on sunday afternoon....dj anasia i believe.....dope set.

BlackSwan
07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
there was dubstep this year on sunday afternoon....dj anasia i believe.....dope set.

if you are talking about Ana Sia from the Glitch Mob, that isn't dubstep...

and the only dubstep artist really worth having at Coachella would be Burial.

orbit
07-10-2008, 01:40 PM
and the only dubstep artist really worth having at Coachella would be Burial.

burial is more 2step than dubstep.

and he wont be there. he can't dj.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
I would love to see some more dubstep and 2step used in more dj sets, but like others said (orbit misschairmeow) to much would be grating.

The worst part about dubstep is when there is use of an m.c.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Bassnectar is getting a lot of shit on a bunch of different forums for entering into dubstep. I fucking love that he can pull it off I was blown away at him throwing it into his sets at sonic bloom and 2am I wish I had the recordings of those shows.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
The worst part about dubstep is when there is use of an m.c.

the worst part of anything is the use of an MC. dear god, the EDC dnb stage was just awful about it this year. some dj's need to grow a pair and throw their homey's off the mic.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 02:15 PM
HIGH 5s!!!! Its true, nothing fucks up a groove like an MC. most of the time im tempted to yell at them to shut the fuck up so I can go back to dancing.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
HIGH 5s!!!! Its true, nothing fucks up a groove like an MC. most of the time im tempted to yell at them to shut the fuck up so I can go back to dancing.

i've literally heard an MC go "blah blah blah blah". it's just not necessary. CHECK CHEEEEEEECK!

Young blood
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
more bass.

BlackSwan
07-10-2008, 03:02 PM
burial is more 2step than dubstep.

seeing as dubstep partially has it's origins in 2-step as well as the general ambiguity of the definition of genres. your statement being correct is largely dependent on the definition of both genres you are basing it on.

mittens4kittens
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes lets not split hairs, please. Burial is some sick dub, just as boxcutter is some sick dub. Are the they same "genre?" Who cares? Just because he doesn't use LFO's and reggae vocal samples doesn't make it not dub.

I don't care much for the grime style rapping- I think cockney accents and raps don't compliment one another at all... But the dancehall-style MC's like on that Loefah song can be cool... "When the revolution come, you know you can't fight it with gun."

Anyone going to Hatcha in Denver next week?

Young blood
07-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I usually go see Jantsen throw down on hello wednesdays in boulder, but club beta's sound system is so amazing I will be there to see Hatcha.

Plus jantsen will be at Dulcineas the night before.

mittens4kittens
07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
sweet thats the day I'm coming up

Young blood
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
fun stuff.

Mixed by Solace & Attak
http://www.beatplexity.com/music/dubstep/Solace%20&%20Attak-%20Dub%20thugs%20vol.TWO.mp3

Young blood
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
sweet thats the day I'm coming up

12:15-close BASS!

tomorrow is going to be a long day.

frozen pilgrim
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
at my birthday party on saturday, a friend of mine, DJ jammcat, dropped a mashup of wiley and dizzee rascal into a dubstep set.

fuck it

jammcat for 09!

world capsized
07-20-2008, 11:09 AM
fuck yes to dubstep

Young blood
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
haha Pitchfork has boners for dubstep. Gave the bug 8.6 on the hard on scale.

Anything from ninja tune is usually hot though. The trey disc set they just released is one of the greatest things I have heard in a while.

Dubstep 09.

mittens4kittens
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
BRING IT

audidude
10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Distance, Kulture, Cyrus, N-Type, even some live pa Heavyweight Dub Champion would roll my socks up!

Hear hear!

psychoc&ndy
10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't understand the hate for dubstep - It's not that I'm saying it isn't warranted, I am just confused as to why it is so hated. I'm fairly new to the genre, and can see how a long set could be boring, but as opposed to any other electronic act, if they are creative, energetic, and most importantly for me - dark, melodic and bass heavy, then why not?

Donaldj
10-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I love dubstep and I'm all for some dubstep DJs next year. It would be nice to have some variety and not overload on freaking electro again. I don't understand the hate for it either. Being in the middle of a dubstep party is fun as hell.

mittens4kittens
10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
SO much fun. The dancing is unlike any other EDM genre, the bass is out of this world, and it's NEW. It's ORIGINAL. I agree, the electro leanings of last year were a little much for some (not me, I loved it). But I'm telling you people- if even one good dubstep DJ gets on this year, they will fucking destroy that place...

Caspa gets my vote...