PDA

View Full Version : The NHL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Stainofmind
07-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Anyone been paying attention?

So many players are moving to other teams.

Jagr is going to end his career in Russia.

Sushov23
07-05-2008, 11:53 PM
that is nuts I just heard about that today.

Mr.Nipples
07-06-2008, 12:00 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/99035049_e095385c68.jpg?v=0

Sushov23
07-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I used to have that game for my sega. My mom sold it though.

boarderwoozel3
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
This sould be the who cares thread. Seriously, Americans care more about soccer than hockey... ouch...

Stainofmind
07-06-2008, 12:22 AM
This sould be the who cares thread. Seriously, Americans care more about soccer than hockey... ouch...

dude you dont have to come up in here and start talking shit. Its not like anyone invited you. I stated for Anyone that has been paying attention.

traviscanada
07-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Ryder to Boston... and Calgary dumped Huselius and Tanguay.... Who do you think is going to get Sundin?

Sushov23
07-06-2008, 12:30 AM
my LA kings have been so bad for so long, something needs to change.

Stainofmind
07-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Who do you think is going to get Sundin?

I'm thinking the NY Rangers might get him.

I'm pissed off about Hossa not resigning with the Pens. That trade went to shit now. at least they locked Malkin and Fleury for the long term.

Stainofmind
07-06-2008, 12:53 AM

They could start off by getting rid of that GM Dean Lombardi. He is horrible. I remember all the stupid shit he did with San Jose.

traviscanada
07-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Not sure how I feel about Bertuzzi on the flames.

Stainofmind
07-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Not sure how I feel about Bertuzzi on the flames.

No Way Bertuzzi a Flame.

traviscanada
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Actually Bertuzzi for 1.95M pretty decent.

rage patton
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
The Canucks are fucked.

Stainofmind
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
The Canucks are fucked.

yup No more Markus Naslund

TomAz
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
the NHL died with the strike. you all are just in denial.

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
But Tom, I think the Yotes got themselves a star...

traviscanada
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Naslund hasn't been good since Bertuzzi left anyways.

rage patton
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
No Naslund, no Morrison, most importantly no Trevor Linden. We havent acquired anyone that great either. Mats Sundin still hasn't decided to accept out offer of $20,000,000 for TWO YEARS. With the way our luck is going, it won't surprise me if Luongo asks for a trade.

the NHL died with the strike. you all are just in denial.

Actually, the NHL died when they added a seventh team.

traviscanada
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh ya I forgot about Linden retiring.

KungFuJoe
07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Canucks got Demitra. That's a pretty decent pick up. I was hoping the Isles would nab him.

g0k1ngsg0
07-10-2008, 03:16 PM

damn dude, i've seen your posts 3,000 times and never realized you were teh same Sushov on hfboards/LGK....

<--rjl420 on hf, but I never post
<--g0k1ngsg0 go on LGK but don't post at all (used to be rjl420 since 2002 until the lockout)

g0k1ngsg0
07-10-2008, 03:19 PM
They could start off by getting rid of that GM Dean Lombardi. He is horrible. I remember all the stupid shit he did with San Jose.

some of lombardi's moves have been questionable to say the least, but he is also building a good foundation in LA. not to mention that it can be argued that san jose is still riding on the success of dean lombardi's management.

now if he doesn't sign O'Sullivan, I'll be pissed and retract everything.

Stainofmind
07-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Another Winter Classic Game on New Years

Wings, Blackhawks to play outside at Wrigley

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8350118/Wings%2C-Blackhawks-to-play-outside-at-Wrigley

Stainofmind
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
not to mention that it can be argued that san jose is still riding on the success of dean lombardi's management.

I think GM Doug Wilson is doing a way better job running the Sharks.

jonnypark
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm calling the blackhawks winning that one right now!

Stainofmind
07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Anyone see the schedules for their respective teams new season?

My Pittsburgh Penguins come to San Jose October 28. I am there.

I am also going to plan my trip to Pittsburgh too so I could see the Igloo before it gets torn down.

g0k1ngsg0
07-18-2008, 08:06 PM
cool. I want to do a roadtrip some day - like follow the kings on an east coast road trip or canadian roadtrip for 3-4 games and see the country at the same time. kings schedule for this year dosn't seem to have any good opportunities this season though.

Kings hired Terry Murray, I'm not sure how I feel about lombardi reaching into his past again, but he seems to work well with youngsters from what I've read.

g0k1ngsg0
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
hey, so training camps are opening up this week.

hooray for hockey!

Patrick O'Sullivan needs signed soon!

KungFuJoe
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm excited to watch all the young talent that will be in the league this year. Should be fun. I know the Islanders won't make it far, but I'm hoping Bailey makes the team & that Okposo lives up to his potental.

Of course I'm thrilled that Hossa is on the Wings, but at the same time I agree that it was pretty weak for him to leave the Pens.

The other team to watch this year has to be the Lightning by far. They built a pretty good team. I'm looking foward to watching Stamkos play & more importantly to see Barry "The Mullet" Melrose back behind the bench.

It's gonna be a fun year!

bballarl
09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I can't wait for the Sharks to get our hopes up in the regular season and flame out spectacularly in the postseason for the 4000000th time.

Stainofmind
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
i'm still waiting on the news about Mats Sundin signing with a new team.

KungFuJoe
09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
i'm pretty sure Sundin has said he will not reach a decision before the season starts. Can't find the article, but it was on NHL.com a week or so ago.

Stainofmind
09-18-2008, 11:05 PM
i'm pretty sure Sundin has said he will not reach a decision before the season starts. Can't find the article, but it was on NHL.com a week or so ago.

The season starts in about two weeks, he better make a decision quick.

Mr. Dylanja
09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Who's that guy the Coyotes got? He's pretty good right? I like hockey, I enjoy watching, I can never remember the names tho.

Except the uber popular ones of course...

boarderwoozel3
09-19-2008, 12:21 AM
I was going to post some anti-hockey rhetoric here but then I realized how much I hate Tom nay-saying in the soccer/footie/futbol/football thread.

So, enjoy you're sport. Especially considering I can skate about as well as a virgin can fuck. Takes skills. Carry on.

Stainofmind
09-25-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Reasons to Care About the NHL This Season

http://www.maxim.com/10Reasonstocareaboutthenhlthisseason/articles/2/41960.aspx

We know what you're thinking: "Why start now?" But seriously, 2008–2009 might have enough going for it to convert those who don't end every sentence with "eh?"

10. New Looks for Fall
The lockout is over, and players have adjusted to their new streamlined RBK jerseys. And you know what that means—time to break out everyone's favorite cash-in ploy, the third jersey! After a one-season ban, teams are again allowed a uniform other than home and road. The first to debut were the Carolina Hurricanes, who have gone with an all-black number inspired by their boring and depressing 2007–2008 season.

9. Six Back
For the first time in a long time, almost all of the NHL's "Original Six" teams expect strong seasons, perhaps spelling the end of the Stanley Cup's run in—no offense—hockey wastelands like Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Anaheim. Montreal is once again in the hunt, the Bruins finally appear done rebuilding, Chicago is riding a playoff-potential youth movement, the Rangers have shed some dead weight in the hopes of improving on their second-round playoff ouster, and Detroit is the defending champ. The only ones playing spoiler are the Toronto Maple Leafs, who will remain terrible.

8. Gretzky's Dogs
The man who has literally done it all on the ice, Wayne Gretzky, seemed doomed to fritter away his legacy coaching in the no-man's land of Phoenix, Arizona. But lo and behold, the Coyotes might finally be…good? Young guns like Peter Mueller and first round draft choice Kyle Turris provide the future, while the off-season grab of former Florida Panthers captain Olli Jokinen provides some depth. Maybe the Great One isn't earmarked for a shallow desert grave just yet. Plus, anytime Gretzky gets press, it's good for the league. (Unless said press involves the words "Janet" and "gambling.")

7. Habs 100
The Montreal Canadiens (who played their first home opener on a frozen sheet of primordial soup) are 100 years young this season, and have a league-best 24 Stanley Cups to show for it, not to mention so many retired numbers that this year's rookies may have to wear triple digits. (Goaltending legend Patrick Roy's No. 33 is set to join the rafters this year.) In honor of the "Habs," the NHL is also holding the 2009 All-Star Game in Montreal. Hopefully, such an occasion means they can ditch the silly "slam dunk breakaway" contest that tarnished last year's event.

6. Kids Are Alright
The NHL's future is already solid, thanks to dynamic young superstars like Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, and Evgeni Malkin, who had the decency to be awesome right out of the draft gate. That trend appears poised to continue this season with No. 1 overall pick Steve Stamkos set to jump right into a talent-heavy Tampa Bay roster, and blueliners Drew Doughty and Thomas Hickey hoping to lift lowly Los Angeles out of the league basement. Did we also mention that Chicago just named 20-year-old Jonathan Toews their captain?

5. Windy City Rebirth
Speaking of Toews, he and last year's Rookie of the Year Patrick Kane have people suddenly paying attention to the Blackhawks again. While a city with a great hockey history, Chi-town has lately become a place where draft picks and old free agents go to die. Not anymore—the Indian head is a bit more chin-up these days, thanks to its young guns, and signing solid goalie Cristobal Huet and rocket-launching D-man Brian Campbell has die-hard Chicagoans cautiously whispering "playoffs" in their funny accent.

4. The Most Irritating Team of All Time?
The Dallas Stars were already tough to play against, thanks to Spencer Pratt–caliber irritants Steve Ott and Brenden Morrow, the kind of guys who inspire "accidental" high sticks to the dome. So what did the Stars do in the off-season? Only sign the league's biggest douche bag, Sean Avery (he of the Vogue internship, constant media whoring, and childish rules-changing playoff antics). Avery in Dallas is like covering a chalkboard in sandpaper and raking it with the edge of a Celine Dion CD. But it'll be fun as hell to watch.

3. Bitter Rivals
Last year, the league held its second outdoor game ever in snowy, blustery Buffalo, New York. It was fun, sure, but there wasn't much heat generated by its Pittsburgh Penguins–Buffalo Sabres matchup. This year, the NHL is doing it right. The spot? Chicago's legendary Wrigley Field. The fight card? Longtime rivals the Chicago Blackhawks and the Detroit Red Wings. It will be cold, it will be intense, and, yes, there will be blood.

2. Broken Records
New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur may cement his reputation as one of the all-time greatest when he takes down not one, but two, goaltending legends. When Canadiens/Avalanche demigod Patrick Roy retired with 551 wins in 2003 (making him No. 1 on the all-time list), Brodeur was already nipping at his skates—now, the Devils' masked man is a scant 14 wins shy of knocking Roy off the pedestal. Plus, Brodeur is only eight shutouts away from taking down Hall of Famer Terry Sawchuk's career record of 103—a mark that has stood for 38 years.

1. Wing Dynasty
Over the past few seasons, the Cup has been passed around like Jennifer Aniston, but a little team from D-town may be restoring the glory days of the dominant dynasty. The Detroit Red Wings already have a roster that reads like an all-star team (captain Nicklas Lidstrom alone has owned the Norris Trophy for Top Defenseman six of the last seven years), and in the off-season, not only did they not lose any significant players, they actually added coveted goal scorer Marian Hossa. That's right, they actually got better. That shudder you heard is the rest of the league.

Stainofmind
10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
So Who's watching the Toronto/Detroit Game?

Geno_g
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Let's do it this year Sharks, that cup needs to be in this town soon...

g0k1ngsg0
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
kings/sharks home and home to start the season.

BOOOOOOOLAKE!!!!!!

gaypalmsprings
10-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Typical hockey mom loves YOU!

http://www.taz.de/uploads/hp_taz_img/full/Palin.jpg

Geno_g
10-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Sharks are 3-0, and sorry kings are back up goalie shut you guys out...

gaypalmsprings
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Rangers prospect Cherepanov dies during game in Russia

Alexei Cherepanov, 19, was taken in the first round of the 2007 NHL draft
The Rangers gave no details about his death during a game in Russia on Monday
Cherepanov played on Russia's bronze medal team at 2008 U-20 World Juniors

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alexei Cherepanov, a 19-year-old first-round draft pick of the New York Rangers, died Monday during a Continental Hockey League game in Russia.

Former Rangers captain Jaromir Jagr played a shift with Cherepanov and was talking to his young Avangard Omsk teammate on the bench shortly after they left the ice, when Cherepanov suddenly collapsed, said a Rangers spokesman who talked to Jagr.

g0k1ngsg0
10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Sharks are 3-0, and sorry kings are back up goalie shut you guys out...

well, to be fair, the kings only have backup goaltenders until bernier is ready. :)

edited to add: of course, had blake agreed to waive his no trade clause the last 2 seasons the Kings would probably have Nabokov right now. ;) fuck you rob blake!

Rangers prospect Cherepanov dies during game in Russia

Alexei Cherepanov, 19, was taken in the first round of the 2007 NHL draft
The Rangers gave no details about his death during a game in Russia on Monday
Cherepanov played on Russia's bronze medal team at 2008 U-20 World Juniors

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alexei Cherepanov, a 19-year-old first-round draft pick of the New York Rangers, died Monday during a Continental Hockey League game in Russia.

Former Rangers captain Jaromir Jagr played a shift with Cherepanov and was talking to his young Avangard Omsk teammate on the bench shortly after they left the ice, when Cherepanov suddenly collapsed, said a Rangers spokesman who talked to Jagr.

sad story :( seems we get one of these stories coming out of russia every couple years.

new details are coming out now that he had a condition that he shouldn't have been playing with and might offer some explinatin on why he fell so low on draft day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-rangers-prospectdeath&prov=ap&type=lgns

RIP

Stainofmind
10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I just witnessed my Pittsburgh Penguins blow a 3-1 lead against the Washington Capitals. Oh and I just ordered the NHL Center Ice package for 179 bucks. Anyone else order it?

Sushov23
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
GO KINGS!. I'm glad we got our first win the other night.

CuervoPH
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
I haven't ordered Center Ice because Comcast (in this area) seems to carry most of the Capitals, Flyers, and Penguins games, and Versus generally picks up any that Comcast doesn't carry. I know I miss quite a bit this way, but I mainly follow the Flyers, and I still end up seeing quite a few non-Flyers games.

By the way, if the Flyers don't start playing defense in the first period of some of their games, it's going to be a long season. (And I didn't see the Penguins game. How did they blow a 3-1 lead? I saw the 3-1 score and the next score I saw was 4-3 Capitals.)

frozen pilgrim
10-16-2008, 08:46 PM
my contribution to this thread:
fuck the leafs
go habs go

g0k1ngsg0
10-16-2008, 11:55 PM

...and against the quacks at that!

g0k1ngsg0
10-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't ordered Center Ice because Comcast (in this area) seems to carry most of the Capitals, Flyers, and Penguins games, and Versus generally picks up any that Comcast doesn't carry. I know I miss quite a bit this way, but I mainly follow the Flyers, and I still end up seeing quite a few non-Flyers games.

I haven't ordered either and missed teh early bird special. I had to use center ice online last year, becuase FiOS doesn't offer it yet. although the rumor now is that verizon is supposed to offer center ice in the next couple days, so fingers crossed. if they don't add it soon, I'll try gamecenter again. it wasn't bad at all last season.

g0k1ngsg0
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
I haven't ordered either and missed teh early bird special. I had to use center ice online last year, becuase FiOS doesn't offer it yet. although the rumor now is that verizon is supposed to offer center ice in the next couple days, so fingers crossed. if they don't add it soon, I'll try gamecenter again. it wasn't bad at all last season.

Cool, FiOS is finaly getting center ice next week!

kings/carolina tonight... Go Kings!!!

F00FIGHTER20
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
How about those Rangers?!?!?!?! 6-1......WOOOOOO!

Stainofmind
10-27-2008, 11:14 PM
I'll be attending my first game of the season tomorrow. I'll be seeing my Pittsburgh Penguins taking on the San Jose Sharks at the HP Pavilion. Cant wait to see Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury.

bballarl
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Nice. I went to the game a couple of weeks ago where we beat Philly in OT. I had forgotten how much I enjoy watching hockey.

sydaud
10-28-2008, 05:33 AM

How about those Rangers?!?!?!?! 6-1......WOOOOOO!

And in the last week and a half, both teams have been summarily dismissed by:

http://www.icebullshockey.com/chris/nhltol/logos300/det.png

BACK TO BACK IN '09!!!

CuervoPH
10-28-2008, 06:34 AM
My Flyers are on a two game winning streak. Unfortunately, they aren't scheduled to play the Devils every game this season.

g0k1ngsg0
10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
And in the last week and a half, both teams have been summarily dismissed by:

>>offending image removed<<

BACK TO BACK IN '09!!!

man, that bonehead play by Gauthier really killed it all. I was surprised we made it to the shootout, but then with no frolov, kopitar and them in the shotout, I figured it was over.

How is St Louis doing since palin dropped the puck there? once she dropped it in st louis, philly won, LOL.

Stainofmind
10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Here are some pics from last nights Penguins-Sharks Game

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0696.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0699.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0702.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0718.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0758.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0762.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0771.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0772.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0778.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0786.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0787.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0789.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0792.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0793.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0794.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0795.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0796.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0797.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0798.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/kngofh8te/Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20VS%20San%20Jose%20Sharks%2 0102808/DSC_0799.jpg

KungFuJoe
10-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Free games on NHL Game Center tonight. go to NHL.com

I'm going to watch my pitiful Islanders vs the Flyers.

Then I'm going to watch Hossa, Datsyuk & Zetterberg tear apart the Sharks. (hopefully)

Columbus Blue Jackets are my dark horse team this year.

TomAz
12-04-2008, 07:33 AM
3HN8L0W8ewY

Wheres the beef?
12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Nice pics stainofmind! Go Sharks!

traviscanada
12-04-2008, 11:37 AM
i was really hoping Avery was gonna play the other day.

paulb
12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
what is Avery even refering to? who is interested in his sloppy seconds?

traviscanada
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Dion Phaneuf is dating Elisha Cuthbert, who Avery used to date.

paulb
12-04-2008, 11:54 AM
lol, the guy is a dumb cunt... but I cant believe Dallas really wanna fire him over his comment.

TomAz
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
i'm not much of a hockey fan. is the guy even any good?

Geno_g
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Sharks are doing it big this year, bring that cup back to San Jose, <- I will keep saying that till it comes true, I've been a fan since 1991, GO SHARKS
Here's my poster from the Sharks first year, look at Doug Wilson, now he's a part of the management
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/1228434872.jpg

traviscanada
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
i'm not much of a hockey fan. is the guy even any good?

No he has 3 goals and 7 assits in 23 games.... He is probably agitator and pest, drawing penalties and what not. His 4 year $15 million contract is a bit silly.

He did this in the playoffs lastyear and got a new rule instituted:

Ec_2oKWe2Gw

fiyahhh!
12-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I really gotta get my ass to a Sharks game this year.

GnarVee
12-04-2008, 10:12 PM
SHARKS FUCKING RULE.

Wheres the beef?
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Sharks are doing it big this year, bring that cup back to San Jose, <- I will keep saying that till it comes true, I've been a fan since 1991, GO SHARKS

Bring the cup back? When was it in San Jose? I mean other than for the Allstar game. I've been a fan since day one myself. I even went to a game way back when they played at the Cow Palace.

And how fucking is having a pre-game and post-game show now? :pulse Randy & Drew

Stainofmind
12-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice pics stainofmind!

Thank You

Stainofmind
12-06-2008, 10:08 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/1228434872.jpg

My Uncle has this same poster hanged up in the garage.

Stainofmind
12-06-2008, 10:10 PM
:pulse Randy & Drew

Fuck Randy Hahn. I rather hear Dan Rusanowsky call the game instead of him.

Stainofmind
12-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey PaulB

How bout you skip the Metallica show at the Oracle Arena and go down to San Jose and catch the New York Rangers take on the San Jose Sharks at the Hp Pavilion?

Stainofmind
12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
No he has 3 goals and 7 assits in 23 games.... He is probably agitator and pest, drawing penalties and what not. His 4 year $15 million contract is a bit silly.

He did this in the playoffs lastyear and got a new rule instituted:

Ec_2oKWe2Gw

When the Stars took on the Rangers, why was he talking shit to his old team mates? Did they not like him in New York either?

I've always hated Avery anyways.

Geno_g
12-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I got that poster when I was 6 years old, my dad made my go up to the Budweiser girls, it was at some expo, I was so young and those girls were so hot, I was scared...

traviscanada
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
When the Stars took on the Rangers, why was he talking shit to his old team mates? Did they not like him in New York either?

I've always hated Avery anyways.

Ya I think he will just try to get under anyone skin if he can.... I'm sure he is not the most respected in the locker room. Turco and Modano don't seem like the biggest fans.

Geno_g
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Bring the cup back? When was it in San Jose? I mean other than for the Allstar game. I've been a fan since day one myself. I even went to a game way back when they played at the Cow Palace.

And how fucking is having a pre-game and post-game show now? :pulse Randy & Drew

I went to about 5-6 games in the Cow Palace, my uncle has season tickets, I would just like to see the cup in San Jose, it was a treat seeing it at the All star game, but to see it in San Jose for the next season after winning it would be great...

Stainofmind
01-04-2009, 12:11 PM
The 2009 NHL All Star Game Starting Line-Ups have been announced.

For The Western Conference (2 Chicago Blackhawks and 4 Anaheim Ducks)

Patrick Kane

Jonathan Toews

Ryan Getzlaf

Brian Campbell

Scott Niedermayer

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

For The Eastern Conference (2 Pittsburgh Penguins and 4 Montreal Canadiens)

Sidney Crosby (hell yeah)

Evgeni Malkin (another hell yeah)

Alexei Kovalev

Andrei Markov

Mike Komisarek

Carey Price

canexplain
01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
on hockey, go Avs....

on the nfl games today, i really dont care who wins ..i am watching them but meh ...Miami sure got their butts spanked ..... i guess i want SD or Tenn (since i lived there 7 years) to win ...****

sacleonard
01-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh and I just ordered the NHL Center Ice package for 179 bucks. Anyone else order it?

One of the best deals in cable sports packaging.

Go Pens!
Go Sharks!

bballarl
01-04-2009, 11:52 PM
This might finally be the Sharks year. Although we always look impressive until the playoffs.

rage patton
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Canucks came close tonight. That new goalie we had in net really impressed me.

Shooters08
01-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm in Sharks territory. I love them every year until the playoffs. Hoping this year will be different. Not holding my breath!
I got this stick in the inaugural year for the Ducks. It is signed by all the original members of the team. I used to live down there. If anyone's interested I am willing to part with it for the right offer. Just asking. It's got a certificate of authenticity.

traviscanada
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Everyone probably saw the Ovechkin/Crosby fued happen a few days ago? Ovechkins cool but man I cannot stand Crosby.

Stainofmind
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Overall Crosby is having a better career than Ovechkin. Ovechkin has yet to play a playoff game.

jonnypark
02-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Overall Crosby is having a better career than Ovechkin. Ovechkin has yet to play a playoff game.

See: Washington vs Philly in the first round last year.

Wheres the beef?
03-25-2009, 07:50 PM
The post-season race in the West is getting pretty crazy.

sydaud
03-26-2009, 02:45 AM
The post-season race in the West is getting pretty crazy.

It will unfold, with the Red Wings winning the President's Trophy on their way to back-to-back Stanley Cup championships.

GO WINGS!!!

CuervoPH
03-26-2009, 06:45 AM
The Flyers seem to be heating up again just at the right time, and for the three games Briere has been healthy lately, he's had good production. Hopefully Biron's play will stay consistent in goal. (I still think they need to cut down on the damn penalties, but if they're winning while still taking 20 penalties a game, I guess I can't complain.)

justinaqui
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh! Biron doesn't know whether to cry or wind his watch.

CaNooB
04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
canucks are beating the blues 2-0...sweet.

CuervoPH
04-16-2009, 05:02 AM
The Flyers dropped the first game in each of their three playoff series last year. I don't know why I expected this year to be any different. Hartnell has to quit taking stupid penalties though, or the Flyers won't make it out of the first round. And if there are any Bruins fans on the board, you can have Alberts back. He's a great playmaker, but only if you're on the opposing team.

JelloPuddingChat
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
I didn't even know this thread existed. I'm a huge pens fan and was kind of surprised on how they took care of the Flyers yesterday. It felt kind of weird/awesome to actually see the penguins playing more physical than the opposing team and doing it to the bullies too! Staal was actually making some great hits too. Now if only he could bury the puck like every expert in the NHL seems to think he can do. Also Hartnell deserves at talking to like no other.

GnarVee
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
LETS DO THIS SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sydaud
04-18-2009, 05:58 PM
As I am watching the Red Wings destroy the Columbus team, I am more convinced than ever that they will repeat this year.

GO WINGS!

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 02:55 AM
What's up with the sharks? they're playing like they're the...sharks.

traviscanada
04-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Cheering for Boston and Calgary to go to the finals... That Calgary game was intense (at least the 3rd period which I saw was)... Good to see some playoff hockey after not being near a TV the past week or so.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I did enjoy the Calgary game. There were a lot of good hits in that one. Phaneuf absolutely leveled Toews in the third. I'm still hoping the Flyers can hold serve tonight and then steal game five in Pittsburgh on Thursday.

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Not happening. Look out for Fleury to rebound and Sid to finally breakout.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Whoever kidnapped Fleury and replaced him with a good goalie picked the wrong night to do it.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh well. There is about a five percent chance that the Flyers will come back from 3-1 down, and that's being very optimistic.

So now, go Bruins and go anyone other than the Red Wings in the West.

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Everyone needs to realize he's a playoff champ. He's not even in his prime yet. He totally stole that game even after the pens pathetic 3rd period.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 07:24 PM
He was brilliant. Some of those saves shouldn't have been possible.

Stainofmind
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I didn't even know this thread existed. I'm a huge pens fan and was kind of surprised on how they took care of the Flyers yesterday. It felt kind of weird/awesome to actually see the penguins playing more physical than the opposing team and doing it to the bullies too! Staal was actually making some great hits too. Now if only he could bury the puck like every expert in the NHL seems to think he can do. Also Hartnell deserves at talking to like no other.

Whats up Fellow Pens Fan. Did you see the photos I posted on Page 2 of this Thread?

Stainofmind
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Vancouver can just chill now since they swept the Blues.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Damn you, Sharks/Ducks game for making me want to stay up for the 3rd period. I have to be at work in 6 hours.

Stainofmind
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Damn you, Sharks/Ducks game for making me want to stay up for the 3rd period. I have to be at work in 6 hours.

Just DVR it man.

Wheres the beef?
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Fucking Sharks suck.

Stainofmind
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I can't wait for the Sharks to get our hopes up in the regular season and flame out spectacularly in the postseason for the 4000000th time.

It looks like that will be happening. Same Ol Sharks.

CuervoPH
04-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Just DVR it man.

Good idea. Except that I know I'll check the final score before I get around to watching it. I can't trust myself.

Stainofmind
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Good idea. Except that I know I'll check the final score before I get around to watching it. I can't trust myself.

Thats funny. I still watch games even though I know the final score. I have alot of Pens Games I need to get through from the Regular Season.

JelloPuddingChat
04-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Whats up Fellow Pens Fan. Did you see the photos I posted on Page 2 of this Thread?

No, but I checked it right now. Great shots!. Dude. TK has been tearing it up! And Fleury is mister softie no more!

justinaqui
04-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Fleury was insane. He started doing that Hasek thing where he leaves his stick and picks up the puck with the regular blocker glove instead of the catcher.

sydaud
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
So now, go Bruins and go anyone other than the Red Wings in the West.

Too bad. The Wings are simply the best team in the NHL. They'll prove it, again.

CuervoPH
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
One down, two to go, Flyers! Play like that again and game six is yours also!

JebusLives
04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Calgary is back in the game! I think Vancouver is going to clean up this year.

Geno_g
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I haven't watched tv since last tuesday, since the sharks game is on I will break the streak...

Lets go sharks, I haven't been sporting this playoff beard for nothing...

GnarVee
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
READY FOR ANOTHER SHARK ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!

JelloPuddingChat
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Some attack.

JelloPuddingChat
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Also if the pens keep on taking the last two periods off, they're fucked. It was pathetic. Especially since Fleury had another strong effort.

Wheres the beef?
04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
OH SHARKS! I EXPECT NOTHING LESS MORE!

CuervoPH
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate to cheer for a team that Sean Avery is on, but I really wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers eliminate the Caps tonight. I have seen enough Ovechkin goal celebrations to last me for the rest of the season.

CuervoPH
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you for that impressive meltdown, Flyers. I am able to shave now.

stinkbutt
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I hope the Penguins do it this year I doubt it but I have hope

sydaud
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
The Red Wings (besides being the defending Cup champions) are 11-2 in their last 13 road playoff games and have clinched their last EIGHT playoff series on the road.

There is no team in the NHL more ready for this Cup run. GO WINGS!

JelloPuddingChat
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
My patchy beard is still going strong! Holy shit what a pens turn around and Flyers break down. All this team has to do is care as much as they showed they did in the last two periods of that game and the pens could match anybody. Fleury had another sick game. TIMELY SAVES.

CuervoPH
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
There were several stretches in the series where I thought the Flyers outplayed the Pens, but Fleury was a difference maker. I remember maybe one period in the entire series where Biron was a difference maker. Granted, the defense wasn't always the best around him, but I don't think he's the true number one goalie that you need at playoff time. Hopefully the Flyers do something about that in the offseason.

And congrats to the Pens who deserved to win the game and the series.

ArcadeParade
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Ducks - Sharks.. OT!

GO DUCKS!

sydaud
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Ducks - Sharks.. OT!

GO DUCKS!

Just an observation: The CBC hockey broadcasts are far superior to anything that the U.S. has to offer.

JelloPuddingChat
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
There were several stretches in the series where I thought the Flyers outplayed the Pens.

Yeah. Their called games 3,4 and 5. The Pens just finally woke up. Their speed and determination was considerably different.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Just an observation: The CBC hockey broadcasts are far superior to anything that the U.S. has to offer.

Ummm... yeah!

Geno_g
04-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Lets go Sharks, I thought I was gonna shave off this beard yesterday but looks like the Ducks goalie helped us stay in the series...

Mr.Nipples
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
piece of shit ducks...fuck you...

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM

LOL are you kidding? You guys don't even have HD. CBC hockey games are almost unwatchable.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I had tickets to the game. Kinda glad I bailed.

JelloPuddingChat
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
LOL are you kidding? You guys don't even have HD. CBC hockey games are almost unwatchable.

No way, CBC captures way more atmosphere and they have Jim Hughson FTW.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
No way, CBC captures way more atmosphere and they have Jim Hughson FTW.

But its not in HD. It looks like fucking garbage. You can't see anything.

Geno_g
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I need HD for hockey, since all my TVs are HD, it looks like crap when not in HD...

JelloPuddingChat
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
True. But not everyone's cool enough to have HD. Then again, that's why I have roommates who bought a 52 inch Samsung...I still enjoy CBC though.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I need HD for hockey, since all my TVs are HD, it looks like crap when not in HD...

Whats up for the game tomorrow?

Geno_g
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
It's on Comcast sports net HD, I have work :( , but I will bring my laptop to work like always, across the street from my work is a Sonoma Chicken coop so I know when something is going good I hear cheering...

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 11:41 PM
It's on Comcast sports net HD, I have work :( , but I will bring my laptop to work like always, across the street from my work is a Sonoma Chicken coop so I know when something is going good when I hear cheering...

Bummer. Hope there's a game 7...

Geno_g
04-26-2009, 11:46 PM
7:30 game...

rage patton
04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I have never watched a hockey game in HD. Don't need it.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 11:51 PM
I have never watched a hockey game in HD. Don't need it.

Once you watch one in HD you won't ever go back.

rage patton
04-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Do you still have those streaks that follow the puck around on TV? That shit was hilarious.

JelloPuddingChat
04-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't bring up horrible memories.

Wheres the beef?
04-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Do you still have those streaks that follow the puck around on TV? That shit was hilarious.

HDTV far and away makes up for that. In a couple years when you all are gushing over how great HD is you can thank us for dragging you kicking and screaming into the 21st century. :)

bballarl
04-27-2009, 12:14 AM

That ended around 1997.

JelloPuddingChat
04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm totally about HD. However HD becomes impressive when its out of the element of a retail store or sports bar and placed in your living room. That's when you really fall in love. I'm just saying the play by play and coverage of hockey in the US is complete shit when compared to CBC/TSN broadcasts.

Wheres the beef?
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm totally about HD. However HD becomes impressive when its out of the element of a retail store or sports bar and placed in your living room. That's when you really fall in love. I'm just saying the play by play and coverage of hockey in the US is complete shit when compared to CBC/TSN broadcasts.

Oh absolutely. It's doubly frustrating for me as a Sharks fan because the Sharks get no love from those versus douchebags. For example, the second to last game of the season against the Avs on versus and the Sharks about to Clinch a Presidents Trophy and these guys go on to talk about Joe Sakic for literally 10 minutes (and the guy is fucking injured and not even in the game).

In the 2006 playoffs I think it was the Sharks and Oilers and these guys were practically jizzing on themselves over the Oilers. And at the beginning of one of the home games for the Sharks they show HP Pavilion outside and the versus douchebag says "Welcome to suuuuuuuuny Southern California". I almost fucking broke the TV.

JelloPuddingChat
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
In the 2006 playoffs I think it was the Sharks and Oilers and these guys were practically jizzing on themselves over the Oilers. And at the beginning of one of the home games for the Sharks they show HP Pavilion outside and the versus douchebag says "Welcome to suuuuuuuuny Southern California". I almost fucking broke the TV.

HA HA. The worst thing that every happened to hockey was the break up of the NHL and ESPN. I long for the days of Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

JelloPuddingChat
04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Now this thread will be even more abandoned. Thanks a lot Sharks.

CuervoPH
04-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I will keep watching right through till the bitter end. I want to know what the Flyers might have done if they had a good goalie. Plus, even though I like the Blackhawks for the most part, I'll watch their games just to hopefully see Havlat take a stick to the face.

JelloPuddingChat
05-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Did anyone see the pens/caps?I watched the first period and the pens were owning the play then they're shitty powerplay came out and cooke took a terrible penalty. I didn't get to focus on the rest of the game since I only have it streaming at work. I know Varlamov stole a goal. I'm just supremely pissed. The pens are better I know it. FUCK.

Stainofmind
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Kris Letang saves the day for my Pens by scoring in OT off a face off. Game 4 is a must win for my Pens.

ArcadeParade
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I am hoping for Canucks - Ducks and Canes - Caps
Canucks - Caps

CANUCKS!!

Wheres the beef?
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm glad this thread is up. I was going to bump it if it wasn't. Anyone who has any doubts abut hockey should watch the Pens-Caps series. Some of the most exciting hockey I've seen in a LOOONG time.

Stainofmind
05-07-2009, 01:34 AM
To the Idiot that came up with "Cindy Crosby". WOW! You must of been up countless nights to have come up with that.

Stainofmind
05-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh absolutely. It's doubly frustrating for me as a Sharks fan because the Sharks get no love from those versus douchebags. For example, the second to last game of the season against the Avs on versus and the Sharks about to Clinch a Presidents Trophy and these guys go on to talk about Joe Sakic for literally 10 minutes (and the guy is fucking injured and not even in the game).

FUCK VS.

I feel you on that they never give the Sharks any credit but they also never give any credit to any of the other Western Conference teams. I hate that they are always concentrated on the Eastern Conference. The same can be said for NBC on their coverage as well. I'll take CBC and TSN over VS and NBC anyday.

jommin
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
FUCK VS.

I feel you on that they never give the Sharks any credit but they also never give any credit to any of the other Western Conference teams. I hate that they are always concentrated on the Eastern Conference. The same can be said for NBC on their coverage as well. I'll take CBC and TSN over VS and NBC anyday.

Totally. As far as versus is concerned: California? What? And watching the ducks/wings the guys just go on and on and on about the red wings. They especially dislike the sharks though.

stinkbutt
05-07-2009, 01:53 AM
go Pens

jonnypark
05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Last nights games were both great, I was just upset the Pens won.
At least it's a series now.

jommin
05-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Last nights games were both great, I was just upset the Pens won.
At least it's a series now.

What idiot put both eastern conference games and western conference games on the same day?

OnlyNonStranger
05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm expecting a 3-1 lead for Vancouver after tonight.

BobCaygeon
05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Mac McCaughan of Superchunk is a big Canes fan. He often blogs about them on his Portastatic blog.

http://portastatic.blogspot.com/

Because I've been reading his blog, I'm suddenly pulling for the Canes.

sydaud
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
That was just an example of the Red Wings asserting that they're the best team in the NHL. Game 3 was stolen from them at the end (though to be fair, they put too many shots on goal with no traffic in front of Hiller), so they decided to come back and deliver a massive asswhippin'.

GO WINGS!!

Ellsworth
05-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Flames win stanley next season please?
k thanks

bakersfield
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks like the Coyotes will be leaving Glendale.
The desert is not the best place for hockey to flourish!

jonnypark
05-08-2009, 12:53 AM
What idiot put both eastern conference games and western conference games on the same day?
If half the West games are in Chicago and Detroit does it really matter?

Flames win stanley next season please?
k thanks
I second this.

ArcadeParade
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm expecting a 3-1 lead for Vancouver after tonight.

And...No.

Stainofmind
05-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I hope my Pittsburgh Penguins can close the deal on Monday. LETS GO PENS!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/K69Matz7/penguins.gif

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 01:06 AM
chi/van was a snoozefest of a game tonight.

Stainofmind
05-10-2009, 01:07 AM
chi/van was a snoozefest of a game tonight.

i only watched the 2nd period of that game.

obzen
05-10-2009, 08:09 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/K69Matz7/penguins.gif
i like the logo,alot
-unfortunately im rooting for the Caps/Ovechkin in this series

jonnypark
05-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm thinking Boston is done tonight.

Go Canes!@

stinkbutt
05-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm pulling for Boston but they're not doing anything

also The Penguins fuckin rock that game last night was awesome actually this whole series has been

Stainofmind
05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
1-0 Pens

That was a nice goal by Guerin off of Crosby.

Stainofmind
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
DAMMIT Game is going into OT. I'm nervous.

JustSteve
05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
your sig is fuckin' stupid. no one cares when you went to coachella. no one cares who you don't like. what a waste of space.

Stainofmind
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
your sig is fuckin' stupid. no one cares when you went to coachella. no one cares who you don't like. what a waste of space.

You're a waste of life.

Ask me if I care?

ArcadeParade
05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Big Disappointment for Van City...

I am now hoping for Hawks - Ducks, Caps - ?Canes, I guess :s

Ducks - Caps...

sydaud
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Sitting here hoping my Red Wings can take care of this damn Anaheim team tonight. They've looked damn strong the last two games.

JelloPuddingChat
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Pesky Ducks huh? Game 7 for pens tonight. Please stop some shots Fleury. If this game goes into OT just shoot me in the face.

stinkbutt
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.metzlercompanies.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_1968.gif

OH YEAH

Stainofmind
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Fuck Yeah my Penguins are going to the Eastern Conference Finals. I think I want to see them play the Boston Bruins.

JelloPuddingChat
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm so fucking happy. That could not have gone any better. The ovechkin turnover that led to the crosby breakaway goal was such ecstasy. As for you Stain, you are fucking crazy if you don't root for the hurricanes tomorrow. Boston is a terrible match-up for the Pens. I'm not saying they can't beat them but it will be a hell of a lot tougher.

sydaud
05-14-2009, 05:21 AM
The City of Detroit will be doing nothing all day, waiting for the Wings game tonight. That's because none of us have jobs, ha ha....

GO WINGS

stinkbutt
05-14-2009, 03:02 PM
The fact that the Bruins came back makes me like them a lot so they are my pick, but if they play the Pens it would be kinda funny since both teams use the same colors.

As a MN Wild fan I can't believe I'm saying this but Go Ducks. I hate Detroit they are the Yankees of Hockey

vinceolson
05-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Been to Game 3 and 6, both disappointments. Ducks will go down in Hockeytown tonight. LETS GO WINGS.

justinaqui
05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
got tix this morning for game 3 in raleigh. see yinz there, n'nat.

hendrixfan143
05-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Im all for the canes this year. Because i fucking hate cindy crosby. I really hope with all of my heart he never touches the cup. I hate to say it but if it's wings pens again I probably wont watch all but the clinching game, and I watch every game.

sydaud
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
The fact that the Bruins came back makes me like them a lot so they are my pick, but if they play the Pens it would be kinda funny since both teams use the same colors.

As a MN Wild fan I can't believe I'm saying this but Go Ducks. I hate Detroit they are the Yankees of Hockey

Humor me for a moment. With a salary cap in place, how in the world are the Red Wings the "Yankees of Hockey"?

I am going to assume that you're talking about all the money they've spent, bringing in free agents with loads of money?

A look at the Red Wings best players:

Marian Hossa - free agent
Johan Franzen - drafted by Detroit
Pavel Datsyuk - drafted by Detroit
Henrik Zetterberg - drafted by Detroit
Nicklas Lindstrom - drafted by Detroit
Tomas Holmstrom - drafted by Detroit
Chris Osgood - drafted by Detroit
Niklas Kronwall - drafted by Detroit
Jiri Hudler - drafted by Detroit

Only 2 of their top 8 scorers this year were signed as free agents (Hossa and Rafalski) and we know that Hossa took less money from the Red Wings, so that he could play on a Stanley Cup winner.

Sounds like sour grapes...

justinaqui
05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm just making a guess here, Stink can correct if I'm wrong. I think the Yankees of hockey comment has more to do with the fans. Both teams have a large following of lame asses that have no reason to like the team. They didn't grow up in Detroit. They didn't watch the team as a kid. They just picked the Redwings out of nowhere one day because the Wings won the first game they watched on TV or whatever. Everyone that buys a Redwings sweater because the team has so much history, even if they have no idea about what all that history is. People that throw an octopus onto the ice that don't know what that octopus stands for, or why they're even doing it. Every sport has one team that casual "fans" follow, and as fans of other teams, we have to hate that team. I hate the Lakers, the Wings, the Yankees, the Patriots, and Manchester United. Sorry for rambling.

stinkbutt
05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
pretty much I'm just so sick of seeing them

cindy crosby

oh you're so clever

JelloPuddingChat
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I think all the Crosby hate is kind of funny. He's always showing the most determination, is willing to block shots, backchecks, forechecks. People used to call him a diver, but ask anyone that knows anything about hockey and the way to draw penalties is to move your feet and keep working, which is what he does all the time. He's a total blue collar star who's "that's how you play hockey" style rivals the "that's how you play baseball" style of pete rose. This is something that Ovechkin needs to learn. Ovechkin has the greatest shot in the NHL and is very aggressive. However its the was he uses or doesn't use his talent that's a down fall. Simply head hunting people, which is what all the pro analyst cream over about Alex, doesn't mean you can play defense. Watch his lack of desire along the boards during the Staal goal in game 7 and that's Ovie. He loves to score and hit but the backchecking and defense and willingness to do WHATEVER it takes is out the window.

Stainofmind
05-18-2009, 06:49 PM
oh you're so clever

I previously posted this

To the Idiot that came up with "Cindy Crosby". WOW! You must of been up countless nights to have come up with that.

gaypalmsprings
09-18-2009, 07:38 AM
http://darisa.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/gay-hockey-is-gay.jpg

Stainofmind
09-28-2009, 11:49 PM
who's ready for another season of NHL Hockey?

I'm also excited for Winter Olympic Hockey.

GnarVee
09-29-2009, 12:36 AM
GO SHARKS!!!!!!!

boarderwoozel3
09-29-2009, 01:30 AM
So, why should I care about Hockey this season?

CuervoPH
12-05-2009, 07:18 AM
It will be interesting to see what changes with the Flyers now that Laviolette is coaching them. I'd just be happy to see them score another goal before January.

hendrixfan143
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
It will be interesting to see what changes with the Flyers now that Laviolette is coaching them. I'd just be happy to see them score another goal before January.

I agree. Pronger getting traded there was such a fitting trade. since then they have been my favorite team to watch. Hopefully peter can take them to the next level

sk8r408
12-28-2009, 05:04 PM
GO SHARKS!!!!!!!

Heading to the Sharks game right now!

http://www.norcaldrexel.org/drexel/activities/sharks.jpg

Stainofmind
05-26-2010, 12:11 AM
this is going to be the first Stanley Cup Finals that I couldn't care less who wins.

hendrixfan143
05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
I've wanted philly since the beginning so I'm pretty excited, but yeah who really cares

OnlyNonStranger
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I apparently suck at the search feature. I tried searching for this thread many, many times.

Fuck the Flyers, let's go Chicago.

CuervoPH
05-26-2010, 09:45 AM
As a Flyers fan, I can appreciate where you're coming from. I have no love for the Red Wings, but cheered against the Pens last year on principle. My workplace has a good mix of Flyers and Pens fans. The last two years have been interesting during the Finals.

OnlyNonStranger
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Game two tonight. Come on Chicago, let's keep this going!

hendrixfan143
05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Go philly

GnarVee
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Go philly

x2.

OnlyNonStranger
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
That was a pretty boring game but I am happy with the outcome.

attila the honey
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Sunday's game was way more exciting, but the Blackhawks are gonna sweep them! Chicago's goalie is doing damn good!

wscmx13
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I still think the flyers have a chance.They've got to keep that pressure on Niemi and the blackhawks defense.I was really hoping for Carcillo to fuck up Kopecky though.

hendrixfan143
06-01-2010, 01:03 PM
That was a pretty boring game but I am happy with the outcome.

i thought yesterdays game was much better, at least in the first. on saturday the teams should have been embarrassed to call themselves cup finalists.

OnlyNonStranger
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Well both teams decided to play defense yesterday whereas the previous game it seemed like they both just said "Fuck it!"

CuervoPH
06-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Nice goal, Giroux! Let's try to win in blowout fashion in game 4, though, Flyers. I'm getting sick of these "exciting" games.

weeklymix
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
http://mybearsandblackhawksblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/blackhawks.jpg

CuervoPH
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
From best of 7 to best of 3. Nice win, Flyers!!! Keep it going.

OnlyNonStranger
06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
YES! GO CHICAGO! WE WON IT!

Geno_g
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Sharks sign Antti Niem for a year...

Stainofmind
09-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Sharks sign Antti Niem for a year...

yeah i dont know whats the Sharks plan to do with him and Nittymakki.

CuervoPH
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Finally the season begins. Go Flyers!

Wheres the beef?
10-07-2010, 06:32 PM
OOOOoooh that was robbery!

CuervoPH
10-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I watched the Caps/Thrashers game tonight since Versus didn't broadcast an evening game. What happened to the Thrashers goalie was frightening. Don't think I've ever seen a player collapse like that without any contact whatsoever. Apparently they still don't know why he lost consciousness.

sonnyboy11
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Realize this not a sports board exactly but where y'all at? HNIC! My Kings vs Vancouver right now. 0-0 and a good game.

'yotes with a crushing earlier of Boston. Phoenix are my pick to win the west and I am a die hard Kings fan. Speaking with my head there. Solid group from top to bottom.

Oa- anyone see Ivanans take that tko yesterday? Ivanans a long time King and a good fighter (horrible skater). Unusual to see that but all fighters eventually get their bell rung.

gaypalmsprings
01-02-2011, 01:45 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/174991-4/Hockey_face_cam.gif

CuervoPH
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Thank you, Flyers, for actually holding onto a lead. The fact that it comes after a game where the Capitals actually showed up makes it that much more sweet.

CuervoPH
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
It's not NHL but Canada pretty much dominated Team USA tonight in their World Junior Hockey semifinal. I hope Visentin isn't that good in goal if/when he finally makes it to the Sharks.

303dubbin
01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
go avs!

gaypalmsprings
01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/510511/gatoradehockey_medium.gif

Fourthisto
03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
What the.....

4CP72FLS4s4

Coach Bombay
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I think it just skimmed his stick and put a weird spin on it.

That was an exciting, close game. Can't wait till playoffs!

TomAz
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
the funny thing about that clip is the announcer giving the credit to the goalie.

nationocean
03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
GO KINGS GO!!

OnlyNonStranger
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
If the Stars lose tonight, I'm officially calling off my love affair with them.

Wheres the beef?
03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
This NHL season is the most hotly contested post season race in any professional sports. Fact.

GnarVee
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
SHARKS!!!!

Wheres the beef?
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM
YESS!!!!!!

Fourthisto
03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
I think it just skimmed his stick and put a weird spin on it.Yeah I suppose, and it hit a dug-in patch in the ice? No clue. Amazing.... and yes, killer game. Love this time of year.

the funny thing about that clip is the announcer giving the credit to the goalie.Haha! Yeah. I guess he did that spur-of-the-moment, though, without seeing that he clearly used the force or some shit.

JelloPuddingChat
03-23-2011, 08:27 PM
A few thoughts about my team.

Please come back sid =(

Matt Cooke is an idiot son of a bitch

Score some fucking goals Neal.

OnlyNonStranger
03-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I guess I'll just cheer for the nucks now. Like every other year.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 05:24 PM
They look really good this year. The Sedins are almost unstoppable.

The canucks/sharks game a couple weeks back was the best non playoff hockey game I've watched in years.

OnlyNonStranger
03-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Cheering for the Canucks really just gives me an excuse to wear my Messier jersey here in Flame central.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I hate Calgary so much. Bunch of cheaters and punks they are.

scenicworld
03-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Go Kings!!! 2 points tonight, no shootout! kthx

CuervoPH
03-24-2011, 07:19 PM
A few thoughts about my team: They've gotten lazy being in first place in the East and they have to have the most godawful power play in the entire NHL. Also, it's not good to have four straight games decided in a shootout when you're heading into the playoffs where there thankfully are no shootouts.

At least last year when the Flyers squeaked into the playoffs, it meant they actually had some momentum heading into the playoffs.

KungFuJoe
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
A few thoughts about my team.

Please come back sid =(

Matt Cooke is an idiot son of a bitch

Score some fucking goals Neal.

A few thoughts about MY team.

Now that Cooke is out you shouldn't have to worry about the Isles handing your Pens their asses again. It was cheap shot pukes like him who caused them to take matters into their own hands. (Gillies did take it a bit too far though)

Grabner better win Rookie of the Year! So far 31 goals, 17 assists & a +17 on a not so great team. Plus, only one of his goals being on the power play & averaging a breakaway per game. Skinner may have more points, but he's playing with some quality veterans and has a few more games under his belt.

Another bad year, but I think next year we'll be in the hunt. The future is bright.