PDA

View Full Version : U cant leave the venue?

Dave_2006
02-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey can somebody explain this u cant leave the venue rule?. Do u haveta stay in the venue the whole time or r their exceptions?...I was also wondering if there are any stores close to that area

SWEETSHIVERBURN
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey can somebody explain this u cant leave the venue rule?. Do u haveta stay in the venue the whole time or r their exceptions?...I was also wondering if there are any stores close to that area

the exception is if you faint, die or cant handle it anymore.

And no..ONCE YOU LEAVE ,your not getting back in till the next day.

there is a strip plaza close by.

I dont know the whole reason behind the keeping everyone in rule...but its there . I assume its for security and so that 39247239437486 people cant use one ticket to see the bands they want to see.

tessalasset
02-04-2007, 05:34 PM
i know that a lot of these rules are city rules. in los angeles, most of the venues don't let you go in and out. some do if you're over 21. but in pomona, you can go in and out all you like. it just depends.

kaley
02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
hmmmm are you allowed to leave after midnight to get food or some shit then come back in later if you are camping?

im probably gonna end up flying so like are we just expected to hit up a grocery store on the way from the airport then thats it? hah....

Sally Cinnamon
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
hmmm
so campers arent allowed to go back to the camp site once they leave in the morning is that it?

psychic friend
02-05-2007, 08:16 AM
if you leave the campsite (but not go into the venue) then you can go back to the campsite.

Sally Cinnamon
02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
ah but just not back and forth between the venue and campsite, why is this?

invisiblerobots
02-05-2007, 08:45 AM
You can come and go as much as you want from the campground but once you're in the show you're in for the day. Why would you want to leave?

Sally Cinnamon
02-05-2007, 08:48 AM
the norm here at home is to go back and forth, stock up on food, drink change clothes if needed...just assumed it would be the same. some of the best fun ive had at festivals is goin back and forth between venue and campsite

JoeW88
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
the norm here at home is to go back and forth, stock up on food, drink change clothes if needed...just assumed it would be the same. some of the best fun ive had at festivals is goin back and forth between venue and campsite

Second that. Also means you can go much of the festival without bying food/drink in the event which is a bonus if you're on a low budget.

My friend went to Reading ('06) without seeing many bands at all and still said he had the best time ever. The campsite is always just so much fun and it enables you to chill somewhere if there are long periods of bands playing that you're not that into.

SheriNOIR
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Over here at most major festivals, you trade your tickets for a wristband when you get there. You can't get into the venue area without it being checked on your arm and if it's damaged they wont let you in. I think this works great, they're a bitch to get off when your home though !

thaipod
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I think the reason why they have that policy here is because of how our safety and liability laws work. Ins and outs can cause a lot of problems for liability, epsecially at an all-ages event.

There's also the physical lay out of the entrance/exit, which could cause problems if they had ins/outs, too.

I don't know this for a fact, but that makes sense in my mind.

Sally Cinnamon
02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Over here at most major festivals, you trade your tickets for a wristband when you get there. You can't get into the venue area without it being checked on your arm and if it's damaged they wont let you in. I think this works great, they're a bitch to get off when your home though !

same in ireland
its great banter in the campsite.

but i must admit, what thaipod says makes sense. the law suits that would come pouring in stateside from people trippin over themselves would be huge probably

Leckie
02-05-2007, 08:46 PM
k so can someone just spell it out really clear what you can and can't do as far as ins/outs go...

back and forth from campsite to venue?
back and forth from campsite to city after hours?
venue to city?
campsite to city during the day?
campsite to parking lot?

GirlFromMars
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Once you leave the venue you're gone. You can't re-enter. Most people try to though anyway.

psychic friend
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
camping or not camping...........
once you enter the festival, you are IN until you are done.
once you leave the festival you can't get back in, period (unless you buy another ticket to go back in)

camping...
If you are onsite camping you can leave camping and go into the lovely city of indio and then go back to camping. you can do this over and over if you want. You can go from camping to your car and back to camping all you want. This should all happen BEFORE or AFTER the festival because, see above, once you go into the festival you can't come/go from there.

If there is a better way to word this let me know.

scoop49er
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
the only time you can come in and i mean "the only time" is if its a emergency and security will work with you if its warranted. when i did concert security, whoever our lead was we would have to report to then usually they will put a special mark on your ticket or something. but please remember, if this happens to you its still a pain cuz we were trained to be cynical to every situation. also its just a pain in the ass for you cuz that lead might be moved somewhere else and you have to wiat forever to get back in and you will have to epxlain yourself over and over and over. trust me ive seen grown ass men almost cry cuz of the hassle. :(