PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat Damaged travels to Colorado

Somewhat Damaged
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
My company has a new site starting up on the 26th, so I'll be leaving Sunday for Denver and help with the recruitment efforts through the week, returning home Friday afternoon. The office is in Leadville, which is apparently a 2-hour drive from Denver. Any of you Colorado folks familiar with the area? Anything interesting to do -- bars, clubs, restaurants, et al.? I'm used to 100+-degree heat during the day and sleep with my air conditioning on as the temperature in my apartment hovers around 80 degrees at night. What kind of weather should I brace myself for while I'm there? And if any of you are in the area, perhaps we could meet up one night for drinks or something.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 02:23 PM
isn't Leadville like the highest elevation town in the US?

edit: somethign like that: Situated at an elevation of 10,152 feet (3094 meters), Leadville is the highest incorporated city and the second highest incorporated municipality in the United States.

be sure to pack some aspirin, rick

captncrzy
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I said it earlier and I'll say it here in front of everyone: don't drink like liquor is going out of style.

algunz
07-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I've been to Denver. That's about all I can share.

Somewhat Damaged
07-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks, all you Colorado cocksuckers, for chiming in with fuck all.

EDIT: thanks, Tom, for the sole bit of useful information.

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Where the hell has Mob been again? Tell that officious little bastard I miss his strong embrace and feminine bone structure.

Somewhat Damaged
07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
mob's been around. He posts under an alias. You haven't noticed?

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
How the fuck would I notice? I don't actually pay attention to anyone besides me unless it has a fine pair of tits. Which Mob does but I have no way of knowing that when he's an alias.

BROKENDOLL
07-05-2008, 11:18 PM
How the fuck would I notice? I don't actually pay attention to anyone besides me unless it has a fine pair of tits. Which Mob does but I have no way of knowing that when he's an alias.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/jzierdt09/attention_whore.jpg

ivankay
07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
ew.

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice one, Ivan. Man, finally my dreams of total board ubiquity are coming true. Maybe something will rub off and I won't have to provide 100 percent of the funny around here anymore.

ivankay
07-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Nice one, Ivan. Man, finally my dreams of total board ubiquity are coming true. Maybe something will rub off and I won't have to provide 100 percent of the funny around here anymore.

i do not want to take any of that burden. Please continue with the funny train.

gaypalmsprings
07-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Leadville is like at 10K feet. People get sick there. Srsly.

RotationSlimWang
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Wah wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey dude.

RotationSlimWang
07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry, I make my own slather. Bed time now.

Young blood
07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
My company has a new site starting up on the 26th, so I'll be leaving Sunday for Denver and help with the recruitment efforts through the week, returning home Friday afternoon. The office is in Leadville, which is apparently a 2-hour drive from Denver. Any of you Colorado folks familiar with the area? Anything interesting to do -- bars, clubs, restaurants, et al.? I'm used to 100+-degree heat during the day and sleep with my air conditioning on as the temperature in my apartment hovers around 80 degrees at night. What kind of weather should I brace myself for while I'm there? And if any of you are in the area, perhaps we could meet up one night for drinks or something.

Let me know if you want to hit up the bar and cruise for hookers and drugs.

amyzzz
07-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I was raised by my grandparents, my grandpa died from a stroke going their due to the elevation, funny how you should say that.
I drove through Utah yesterday, and going on the 89 through Panguitch and Kanab was torture to my sinuses (7900 feet). The right side of my face felt like it was going to explode.

(off-topic)

Somewhat Damaged
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Let me know if you want to hit up the bar and cruise for hookers and drugs.

When's good for you? I'm going out of my head in this cabin.

It's actually really lovely. Know I definitely wouldn't want to spend any time here during the winter, though. Fuck, there's more snow on the mountains now than I've seen in Tucson my entire life.
RE: getting sick -- had a bit of a headache coming off the plane and the 50-degree temperature drop wrought havoc on my throat, but I took some medication and am not bothered by either anymore.

Do you have any idea what Boom Days are, Young blood? Apparently they're sort of a big deal.

WastedTime: I know none of your animosity's ever been directed at me but some of your posts are so repugnant and juvenile, I can't think of any other poster who's come up with a more appropriate username for him/herself.

Cdubby
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
i lived in aspen for two years, if you have like an afternoon to burn, drive over to aspen from leadville along the 82. really nice drive through the rockies, with a ghost town and some cool steep cliffs on a narrow mountain road, and you cross the continental divide at 12,095 ft at independence pass. its like a 60 mile drive too, so not that bad

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Thanks, all you Colorado cocksuckers, for chiming in with fuck all.

EDIT: thanks, Tom, for the sole bit of useful information.

HEY! I was busy!!! BUT srsly WTF is your company doing in Leadville?

Somewhat Damaged
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
i lived in aspen for two years, if you have like an afternoon to burn, drive over to aspen from leadville along the 82. really nice drive through the rockies, with a ghost town and some cool steep cliffs on a narrow mountain road, and you cross the continental divide at 12,095 ft at independence pass. its like a 60 mile drive too, so not that bad

Won't have any time to burn, unfortunately. Shit, I was working tonight till like 10:30. I do want to go downtown in the next day or two, though. Apparently the movie theater is situated above a bar and sometimes the theater manager has to go downstairs and tell the bar patrons to quiet down so they don't disrupt the movie.
Drove past the continental divide and Independence Pass on Sunday coming up, and will undoubtedly pass through it en route to the airport on Friday morning. Thanks for the advice, though. This is definitely a place worth visiting again in the future.

HEY! I was busy!!! BUT srsly WTF is your company doing in Leadville?

Yeah, yeah, a likely excuse. I work for a security company and we're providing guards to the Climax Mine beginning on the 26th. I'm helping out with the start-up, auditing the new employee packets, getting them entered into the system, etc. Nice people for the most part. Had a really good dinner at Quincy's yesterday -- $7.95 filet mignon that was fucking delicious. And the wait staff was comprised of, like, half the attractive female population in Leadville, or so I imagine. Will post some pics when I return home.

Hey, TCHY, you work for a hotel chain, right? I'm moving up to Phoenix in the next month and a half and was looking to get an office manager or payroll job with a hotel chain. That way when captncrzy and I travel, she can hook us up with cheap flights and I can hook us up with cheap hotel rooms and we can be the ultimate travel couple. What company do you work for, if you don't mind my asking, and do you think you could give me any sort of a hook-up in the Phoenix area? I'll totally take back that "Colorado cocksucker" comment. :D

amyzzz
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
That's a clever plan. I should do that.

captncrzy
07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
He doesn't get credit for that idea. It was mine. =)

suprefan
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Jen is a smart cookie, see you friday hopefully Jen. Yaz!!!!

amyzzz
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Ok, +25 to Jen!

captncrzy
07-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Jen is a smart cookie, see you friday hopefully Jen. Yaz!!!!

Wait, are you going or are you just going to meet up with me later?

gaypalmsprings
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Yaz!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah, yeah, a likely excuse. I work for a security company and we're providing guards to the Climax Mine beginning on the 26th. I'm helping out with the start-up, auditing the new employee packets, getting them entered into the system, etc. Nice people for the most part. Had a really good dinner at Quincy's yesterday -- $7.95 filet mignon that was fucking delicious. And the wait staff was comprised of, like, half the attractive female population in Leadville, or so I imagine. Will post some pics when I return home.

Hey, TCHY, you work for a hotel chain, right? I'm moving up to Phoenix in the next month and a half and was looking to get an office manager or payroll job with a hotel chain. That way when captncrzy and I travel, she can hook us up with cheap flights and I can hook us up with cheap hotel rooms and we can be the ultimate travel couple. What company do you work for, if you don't mind my asking, and do you think you could give me any sort of a hook-up in the Phoenix area? I'll totally take back that "Colorado cocksucker" comment. :D

what dates were you looking for and how many nights? I will take a look. PM me with your details.