PDA

View Full Version : DVD from Ticketmaster

M Sparks
02-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey all, I had seen part of the Coachella DVD before, but I wanted my wife to watch it before we go. Tried to rent it last week, but couldn't find it anywhere, and it was $25 to buy.

But when I went to buy tickets, Ticketbastard had it as an add-on for $15, so I went ahead and ordered it. I thought maybe it would come with the tickets, or maybe a few days after. But in the ticket package was an extra ticket that said "Coachella DVD- not an event ticket."

So what's the deal? Do I have to trade the ticket in at the show for a DVD? Or is it going to get mailed from somewhere else?

smilingdownward
02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
its probably your receipt. i am sure the dvd will be mailed to you, did you keep a copy of your ticket master order? the delivery will more than likely be explained there.

psychic friend
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
ask ticketmaster

M Sparks
02-04-2007, 05:19 PM
its probably your receipt. i am sure the dvd will be mailed to you, did you keep a copy of your ticket master order? the delivery will more than likely be explained there.

You're overestimating Ticketmaster way too much. :)

According to my receipt, the DVD is in Row GA4, Seat # 34:rolleyes

I'm sure you're right...it'll show up from somewhere. I just thought somebody might know...didn't they include the DVD with the pre-sale passes last year?

I found a press release through Google that said "Image Entertainment" would be selling the Coachella and Austin City Limits DVDs through Ticketmaster at a discount. However, I went to their website, and they don't have the Coachella DVD. According to Amazon, the ACL is from Image, but Coachella is from Epitaph/WEA. (AKA Warner Music)

Sally Cinnamon
02-05-2007, 02:44 AM
i ordered the dvd but live in ireland
tickets arent being posted so we have no choice but to collect them the day we arrive...wondering will the dvd be posted to us or will we have to collect on the day too

Leckie
02-05-2007, 07:49 PM
from canada, just ordered the dvd today. i'll post if I receive a 'real' copy anytime soon...

M Sparks
02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
3 weeks, and no sign of the thing.

I'd call Ticketmaster and ask, but I honestly don't think the agony of trying to deal with TM Customer Service is worth $15.

Leckie
02-18-2007, 08:50 AM
still waiting for the one from ticketmaster... i ended up just buying another copy off of amazon. can't afford to wait any longer.

RATMan
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Netflix has it, for those who are members.

The Coachella DVD is frustrating, though. They tried to cram in five years' worth of shows into two hours, each artist portrayed only plays one song each, and some of the performances are repeatedly interrupted by lame interviews with the artists or fans.

However, for Coachella Virgins, the disc does give one a good sense of the overall ambience and vibe of the event, so definitely check it out anyway.

Michael Franti and Spearhead, Iggy and The Stooges, The Mars Volta and The Pixies give the best performances.

Bjork, Fischerspooner and The Red Hot Chili Peppers give the shittiest performances.

Elazarus
02-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Just download it for god sake!!! get it off isohunt.com

M Sparks
02-20-2007, 08:09 AM
The issue is not "I need to see it now." I've actually seen part of it before, and I know it's not that great...which is why I didn't want to pay $25 for it. And I just quit Netflix, or else I would have just gotten it there. And even if I was a pirate, I live in the woods and don't have the bandwidth to download a movie.

The issue is, a bunch of people payed Ticketbastard $15 for a piece of cardboard that says "Coachella DVD" with no instructions on how to redeem it. Which, knowing the history of TM...was a dumb thing for me to do. :p

Leckie
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Just download it for god sake!!! get it off isohunt.com

lol i have it downloading now but its more of a race to see which one i'll get first...

the download, or the real copy from amazon.ca