PDA

View Full Version : Free lunch @ Jack in the Box today

Somewhat Damaged
06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Anyone else taking advantage of today's J in the B promotion? For the uninformed, if you take a gas receipt in, they'll give you two (2) free tacos. I've always been partial to Jack in the Box tacos for some reason -- I know they're not exactly great but something about them makes them my favorite item on their menu, especially good for drunken late night snacking. Too bad I only have one gas receipt on me or else I'd also be eating dinner for free.

ghettojournalist
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
is this going on all day? if so, then i will pick up my gas receipt from home when i get out of the library.

marooko
06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
if i liked the taco flavored mess they hand you, i would so get some.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
i had one of their tacos for the first time the other night. It was really really bad. The meat had the same texture as the canned dog food I give my dog. I make homemade tacos and can never find any place that makes them as good as I do but the ones at Jack in the Crack are just horrid.

fiyahhh!
06-26-2008, 11:48 AM
also known as the "buy gas then get gas" deal.

Cheddar's Cousin
06-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Why would Jack in The Box punish you for buying gas?

amyzzz
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Why would Jack in The Box punish you for buying gas?Duh. They're going green.

menikmati
06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I laughed at that amy.

Sushov23
06-26-2008, 01:38 PM
perfect after the night is over meal.

Heresy
06-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I used to love their tacos but it seems they dont put as much meat and it's more taco shell. Oh well.

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 01:51 PM
For a while they did get their taco meat from a big dog food parent corporation, but I can't remember which one.

amyzzz
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Love that grade D meat!

(yeah, I actually don't eat beef, being ironical, for tom's benefit)

Heresy
06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I heard they used to use kangaroo meat.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:11 PM
My daughter swears they use horse meat. I don't think what they actually serve is meat though, it doesn't resemble any meat i have ever cooked.

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Isn't it mixed with soy now or some shit?

bmack86
06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Yup. From what I've heard it's mostly soy. Oddly enough, from what I've read Jack in the Box tends to have, for a nationwide fast food restaurant, the best quality for their regular meats and the highest health standards, because of the shit that happened in the 90s. They don't want to be cast asunder once again.

Heresy
06-26-2008, 02:16 PM
They say that the soy helps the meat hold its shape.

From http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080113201950AAdK2c7

Here are your ingredients...

Beef Regular Taco or Beef Monster TacoŽ Filling Ingredients: Beef, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Soy Grits, Seasoning [Chili Powder (Chili Peppers, Spices, Salt, Garlic Powder), Wheat Flour, Taco Mix (Chili Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Onion), Imitation Beef Extract (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy, Wheat and Corn Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate), Silicon Dioxide (added to prevent caking)], Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Cooked in Frying Shortening. Contains Soy, Wheat

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Of the burger chains Jack in the Box is a pretty good choice. Lots of variety, and they stay open all night. Perfect drunk food run.

menikmati
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Jack in the Box tacos > Taco Bell tacos

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
My daughter swears they use horse meat. I don't think what they actually serve is meat though, it doesn't resemble any meat i have ever cooked.

Horse meat is big in most every country besides ours. In France, they serve it througout. Also, Argentina is huge on Mr. Ed chomping. If push comes to shove, I'm killin' Big Brown and making me a steak. Nuff said.

menikmati
06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
actually let me correctly rephrase that:

RH > Jack in the Box tacos > Taco Bell tacos > DM

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:19 PM

Del Taco tacos=Jack tacos>Taco Bell tacos.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I just hate that they put the funky meat in the shell and deep fry the whole thing, They are way too oily and give me the worst indigestion. But I can't eat meat at taco bell either, they put some spice in it that just doesn't agree with me. I stick to the bean and cheese burritos, no one can really fuck that up.

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
God I love Taco Bell.

jigsaw
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Srsly. Jack in the Box tacos are 2 for $1 anyways.

woogie846
06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
There are some pretty good little Mexican restaurants in my neighborhood, I haven't been to a Taco Bell in a couple of years at least.

menikmati
06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
God I love Taco Bell.

Well stay away from Taco Bells in Napa. Ewww.

Heresy
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
King Taco is good too.

Newro7ic
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I live in Southern California. I don't buy my tacos from fast food chains. I buy them from the hole-in-the-wall Mexican shops. I don't know why you would have it any other way if you have the option.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I used to lurve Jack In the Box...when I ate meat...I still love it because they serve the breakfast stuff 24/7....Colorado only has 1 effing jack in the box so far...

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah we have filbertos around here, open all night and they have 8lb burritos with whatever concoction of food you want in them. They make for great drunk drive through food. It is all authentic and tasty, although only go when you are buzzed, when sober you notice they probably aren't the cleanest of establishments. But being as I have gotten food poisoning from taco bell and Jack in the Crack I will stick to FillyB's.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:29 PM
It's kinda noticeable that the people I know that have gotten food poisioning have contracted it via the mainstream big corporational eataries. I have yet to hear anyone get it from, say Albertos or Tacos De Anda--which are money. Take that Guy Fiore!

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah me too, and still to this day the idea of mexican pizza from taco bell makes me sick. it was a bad bad bad thing.

Heresy
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Mmmm Albertos. Haven't had Albertos in a while.....

Heresy
yeah me too, and still to this day the idea of mexican pizza from taco bell makes me sick. it was a bad bad bad thing.

Word.

jigsaw
damn the mexican pizza is the bomb and so are Jacks tacos. you just have to smother them in taco sauce.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 02:36 PM
goddamn this fucking thread...I'm all hungry now....

captncrzy
06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I hate to admit how much I love those JintheB tacos at 2am after many drinks. I love 'bertos tacos more, but there's not one on my way home from where I'm usually at.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I swear everyone at filbertos (or los betos, or humbertos, or eribertos or whichever of the berto brothers is cooking for me that night) must think I am a huge stoner cuz when ever i go through the order goes something like.... I will take a bean and cheese burrito.... with extra cheese... oh and ummm sour cream.... oh and could you throw some bacon in there.... mmmm wait and some potatoes too. But they always get it right so I am happy.

amyzzz
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
actually let me correctly rephrase that:

RH > Jack in the Box tacos > Taco Bell tacos > DM
hahahaha

I miss the JitB chicken ciabatta something-or-other. I finally found a fast food item that I like, and they fucking get rid of it.

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I live in Southern California. I don't buy my tacos from fast food chains. I buy them from the hole-in-the-wall Mexican shops. I don't know why you would have it any other way if you have the option.

Because when you go to Taco Bell you're not looking for authentic Mexican food or really even Mexican food at all. They're two completely different things.

Newro7ic
06-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Because when you go to Taco Bell you're not looking for authentic Mexican food or really even Mexican food at all. They're two completely different things.

That's why I was specific in saying tacos. I will go to Taco Bell on occasion, but not for their tacos. I would rather order one of their specialty things, like a Grilled Stuft or something similar. Same goes for Jack in the Box. I am just much pickier when it comes to my Taco's.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 03:00 PM

For me, taco bell is like something I eat when I feel like gambling with sleep. It will most definitely keep me awake and pray for a bowel movement.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
That's why I was specific in saying tacos. I will go to Taco Bell on occasion, but not for their tacos. I would rather order one of their specialty things, like a Grilled Stuft or something similar. Same goes for Jack in the Box. I am just much pickier when it comes to my Taco's.

He likes his chorizo too ;)

marooko
06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
isnt it soy or something like that?

Newro7ic
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
He likes his chorizo too ;)

If that was a dick joke, I can live with that and say "Har Har". But in the literal sense, I hate chorizo.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Haha it was indeed a penis joke. I'm not a chorizo fan either...only maybe once a few years will the Mexican in me decide it wants some.

Somewhat Damaged
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
How does a reference to chorizo = penis joke?

Haven't had chorizo and eggs in a long time. I foolishly looked at the nutritional value one time and discovered that one serving has, like, a day's worth of fat grams. Couldn't get enough of the stuff when I was a kid -- maybe that explains why I've never been thin?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
has anyone here ever had Vegetarian Chorizo? it is very good....and this is not a joke....

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
How does a reference to chorizo = penis joke?

Haven't had chorizo and eggs in a long time. I foolishly looked at the nutritional value one time and discovered that one serving has, like, a day's worth of fat grams. Couldn't get enough of the stuff when I was a kid -- maybe that explains why I've never been thin?

Chorizo, before it reaches your plate, is usually packaged in the shape of a sausage. It is also sausage and a regional jab found here in So. Cal. It adds a Hispanic flair to the usage of sausage. That's all.

Cheddar's Cousin
06-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Everthing> TacoBell anything.

Taco Bell has nothing to do with Mexico, or Mexican food. Try ordering anything from the Taco Bell menu in Mexico. You will get a blank stare.

In fact, they've even stopped naming their abominations, and just put the description on the menu. "1 Crunchy, Cheesy, Beefy, Turd please..."

The vegetarian Chorizo from Henry's is deliscious!

miscorrections
06-27-2008, 12:14 PM
We already established that Taco Bell is not Mexican at all. You're kind of really late to the game on that score.

Cheddar's Cousin
06-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanx 4 teh CoRrEcShUnZ. U R 1337 aNd I Have been Pwnd 4 ReElZ.

marooko
06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
wtf?!

JustSteve
06-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Taco Bell has nothing to do with Mexico

it employs their citizens.

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Fuck you, I have to deal with shitty No. Cal tacos. I can't even fuck with mexican food up here because half of it is made by Brazillians. I swear, I thought my burrito had shoestring potatoes in it. the fuck?!

AND IT ENRAGES ME THAT I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO SOMA FOR DEL TACO! GODDAMNIT I'M A FATTY!

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
it employs their citizens.

zing!

I was in love with the fruitista freeze because I'm too lazy to wait in a long Jamba Juice line. Then I saw the large truck with the Icee logo back up to Taco Bell and I let out a large "AW...AW...AWWWWWWWW"

Then I got my ass in line at Jamba Juice. Strawberry Surfrider Forever.

full on idle
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
AND IT ENRAGES ME THAT I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO SOMA FOR DEL TACO! GODDAMNIT I'M A FATTY!

There's a Del Taco on Market between Grant and 3rd. I haven't eaten there, I am just saying.

I love Taco Bell and I love that my loving Taco Bell makes people angry. I seriously can't eat it more than once in a couple months though because it's like eating a tortilla full of salty dip. Delicious, delicious, dip in a tortilla.

JustSteve
06-29-2008, 09:27 AM
zing!

I was in love with the fruitista freeze because I'm too lazy to wait in a long Jamba Juice line. Then I saw the large truck with the Icee logo back up to Taco Bell and I let out a large "AW...AW...AWWWWWWWW"

Then I got my ass in line at Jamba Juice. Strawberry Surfrider Forever.

how could you compare that freeze thing to a smoothie? what did you think was in it?

also, jack in the box now has real fruit smoothies...at least according to their commercials. drive thru...

bakersfield
06-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah we have filbertos around here, open all night and they have 8lb burritos with whatever concoction of food you want in them. They make for great drunk drive through food. It is all authentic and tasty, although only go when you are buzzed, when sober you notice they probably aren't the cleanest of establishments. But being as I have gotten food poisoning from taco bell and Jack in the Crack I will stick to FillyB's.

Last night at the Mike Ness show (at the Marquee), on stage Mike starting talking about how they ate earlier in the day at Filibertos. He said it was great! He said you gotta know whick 'bertos to go to. Because there is Humbertos, Norbertos, etc.....

It was funny!

PineapplePete
06-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Tito's ftw

locachica73
06-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Last night at the Mike Ness show (at the Marquee), on stage Mike starting talking about how they ate earlier in the day at Filibertos. He said it was great! He said you gotta know whick 'bertos to go to. Because there is Humbertos, Norbertos, etc.....

It was funny!

Well the rumor is they are all owned by the same family, they all use to be filbertos but then he also had a side business of selling some sort of drug, not sure which, and he used the Filbertos as a cover business. But then he got charged with tax evasion or something so he signed over a bunch of the restaraunts to his brothers. But that is probably just some story drunk people tell each other while sitting in the drive through waiting on their 8 lb burritos.

malcolmjamalawesome
06-30-2008, 10:06 PM
There is a jack in the box very near where my friends and I usually stay for Coachella and one night we went there after Coachella let out and we were in the line for 2 hours but they've got one of those drive thrus that once you're in it you can't get out so we just stayed do you know what i got it was a jumbo jack.

RESPEK KNUCKLES!!!

leo01g
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Curly fries!

menikmati
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM
(insert youtube clip of Al Bundy picking up curly fry and commenting "look, this fry is curly like a mouse tail!")