PDA

View Full Version : Bosco's Chemical Brothers Thread

Bosco
06-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I was gonna bump one of the old threads but thought we could use a fresher one.

Anyways...

Two bits of info:

1. New Chemical Brothers Album coming out on September 2nd. The album is dual disc "Best Of", titled, 'Brotherhood'.

Tracklisting:

Disc1

01. Galvanize
02. Hey Boy Hey Girl
03. Block Rockin' Beats
04. Do It Again
05. Believe
06. Star Guitar
07. Let Forever Be (Featuring Noel Gallagher)
08. Leave Home
09. Keep My Composure (Featuring Spank Rock)
10. Saturate
11. Out Of Control
12. The Golden Path (Featuring The Flaming Lips)
13. Setting Sun (Featuring Noel Gallagher)
14. Chemical Beats

Disc 2

01. Electronic Battle Weapon 1 (It Doesn't Matter)
02. Electronic Battle Weapon 2 (Don't Stop the Rock)
03. Electronic Battle Weapon 3 (Under the Influence)
04. Electronic Battle Weapon 4 (Freak of the Week)
05. Electronic Battle Weapon 5 (It Began in Afrika)
06. Electronic Battle Weapon 6 (Hoops)
07. Electronic Battle Weapon 7 (Acid Children)
08. Electronic Battle Weapon 8 (Saturate)
09. Electronic Battle Weapon 9 (Untitled)
10. Electronic Battle Weapon 10 (Midnight Madness)

The Electronic Battle Weapon series are for the first time, being released in a form other then promo vinyl, which was, until now, only released to a very limited amount of DJ's.

2. The New Electronic Battle Weapon 10, Midnight Madness, premiered on Pete Tong's Radio 1 show this past Friday. Here is a recording of the show when the track was played.

FcPoP-cBcM8

On a more personal note.... I have no clue why they are releasing another compilation of "singles"/ "best of" especially since they already released one in 2003. However, being the big Chemical Brother fan that I am, the 2nd Disc which includes the Electronic Battle Weapon series is quite a big deal. Not to mention I love the new Electronic Battle Weapon 10, Midnight Madness (They've already added to their live set, check out youtube).

betao
06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
interesting.

it'd be pretty sick if all of the EBW tunes are mixed together.

shakermaker113
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
what exactly IS electronic battle weapon? are they remixes, alternate versions, megamix/mashups, or something else entirely?

I am upset to see that we will have another totally unnecessary greatest hits album on the market... but this gives me hope that there might be a greatest hits tour? THAT would kick ass, so much more than the 'we are the night' tour.

Sushov23
06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
DAMN YOU CHEMICAL BROTHERS!.

rage patton
06-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I thought the Chemical Brothers already had a greatest hits?

Sushov23
06-24-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah it came out in 03, the bastards only played a few shows last year in the states, and they didn't play SD, only LA. The worst part it was a bad weekend for me.

MassiveChemicalPunk
06-24-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't know about another greatest hits so soon, but the EBW tunes are going to be sick.
Anyways, this might me a good excuse for another tour, which is more than welcome.
Chem Bros FTW

betao
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Anyways, this might me a good excuse for another tour, which is more than welcome.
Chem Bros FTW

I had not yet considered this possibility.

Bring on the greatest hits (part 2)!!!

betao
06-24-2008, 12:21 PM
what exactly IS electronic battle weapon? are they remixes, alternate versions, megamix/mashups, or something else entirely?

EBW are just a set of tracks that share the same name. Some of them evolve into more well known tracks, and kinda just serve as "test versions" of chemical brothers tunes. They're pretty popular though.

I'm not too sure about that though. I'm not the Chemical Bros authority around here; Bosco is. Im the Prodigy authority.

meyouseek
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter

meyouseek
06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Don't get me wrong... these guys changed my life back in '95. But I may have already bought the last Chem Bros album I'll ever need a number of years ago.

I might get tricked into seeing them live again sometime... but that show at the American Legion Hall in Hollywood was pretty wicked and I don't want to dilute the memory (which is already pretty faded).

Bosco
06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
EBW are just a set of tracks that share the same name. Some of them evolve into more well known tracks, and kinda just serve as "test versions" of chemical brothers tunes. They're pretty popular though.

I'm not too sure about that though. I'm not the Chemical Bros authority around here; Bosco is. Im the Prodigy authority.

thats pretty much it.

All I could add is, The orginal Electronic Battle Weapon version of the tracks, are typically extended/altered versions of the album track. In other words "club" versions.

Here is an example...

'Hoops' - from the album Come With Us:

KtybISYZ268

'Hoops' - Electronic Battle Weapon 6 version:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/10444710307a57/

Wheres the beef?
06-24-2008, 02:12 PM
They are fully touring all over Europe and Asia. WTF come to 'merica. EBW could be sick. I'll wait for it to show up on the interwebs first though.

Bosco
07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Midnight Madness aka Electronic Battle Weapon 10 is being released as a digital single on August 4th for the upcoming release of "Brotherhood". They also released a new music video for Midnight Madness just yesterday:

xcHF_RhSW-0

or here

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/singleVideo/?vid=157614699

Its so strange, but I actually think it might be my favorite Chemical Brother music video. :P

betao
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I really really really hope we get another US tour soon.

but given the fact that the "WATN" tour was very...un sold out... I doubt this tour will be much larger (if any)

fatbastard
07-16-2008, 07:35 AM
They're relasing another best of to get everyone to forget about We Are The Night.

fatbastard
07-16-2008, 07:37 AM
One more thing...anyone have a mp3 of their set at Organic 96?

betao
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
They're relasing another best of to get everyone to forget about We Are The Night.

WATN was not that bad.

It was much better than Push The Button, thats for sure.

frozen pilgrim
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I like we are the night. and when playing a more mainstream crowd, I have a couple mashups of do it again that work out nicely. the album is not on par with their other material, but it still straight up embarrasses the likes of justice.

BlackSwan
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd prefer Underworld, Basement Jaxx and possibly even The Prodigy over them, but The Chemical Brothers are welcome at Coachella 2009 in my book.

Bosco
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I wasn't too high on We Are the Night when it first came out either (can even check my earlier posts, i think i was pretty pissed about it :P). But once I saw them perform live late last year, my opinion totally flipped. We Are the Night might be there most different/creative album since Come With Us. And absolutely owns live.

some good video of their show.

part 1
V77axenxwlU

part 2
GEBQ5xkeXCQ

'Believe', live, will murder your ears. The best way I can describe it is, imagine standing next to a spaceship shuttle launch with no headphones/earplugs, whatever. Right after that build, all hell breaks loose. Beato should know what I'm talking about.

and here is a bonus clip a beautiful transition between the 'Pills Wont Help You Now' and 'We Are The Night' (you dont even need to know the songs to appreciate this)

gsIShGv63sw

eat your heart out Daft Punk

frozen pilgrim
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
elektrobank through the sahara subs= serious unnnnggghhhh factor

feather
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Saturate=best song on We Are The Night

betao
07-16-2008, 08:32 PM
best songs on we are the night are the self titled track, burst generator, and saturate. the album is very good though - I really like it.

haha Bosco I know whats up. man I would love to see the chems live again. It cost me 300 for a trip to NYC to see them - the most i've spent on one single show - and i'd gladly do it again!

here is my contribution to the thread:

Galvanize + Burst Generator... the images for Burst Generator are out of this world. And Galvanize is the perfect opener.

rx6lNKVxYsM

Do It Again (live) - on album it isnt very good, but it works out soo good live.

t2LMXI93MtY

Get Yourself High mixed into Hey Boy Hey Girl... this is insane.

9_PTAgAJCws&feature=related

samiksha
07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
hi bosco are you going to lollapalooza?

Bosco
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Betao, did you go to both NY shows last year?

*edit* nevermind, i see you said one show...but which one was it?

Frankiestein, yes I am, but to be honest I'm not very excited about it....maybe my attitude will change on the week of... Are you going?

feather
07-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks betao...the last video gets me thoroughly excited.

betao
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Betao, did you go to both NY shows last year?

*edit* nevermind, i see you said one show...but which one was it?

Frankiestein, yes I am, but to be honest I'm not very excited about it....maybe my attitude will change on the week of... Are you going?

just call me matt (whats yours btw?)

I was at the brooklyn show, with ladytron and the rub opening. A friend and I took a greyhound bus and got 1 hotel room in manhattan for the show and had to rely on subways to find the place. but alas, we got there fine.

the show would have been amazing had it not been for how lame the crowd was. Barely anyone was moving. The show the Chems put on was insane, and you could tell that Tom was getting frustrated with the lack of energy he was getting from the crowd (at one point he straight up yelled "Come On!!" to get the crowd going).

Had the crowd been more into it, it would probably have been the greatest show i've ever been to.

and i'd go see them again in a heartbeat.

shit, I hope they play coachella 09 now.

idrive1life
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Awesome videos, Matt. Its about time again, Chem Bros for Coachella '09! I'm not a big fan of Best ofs but I'm a TCB whore ;) so I'm buying that.

betao
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Likewise arman, and I really want to hear how they mixed the EBWs on disc 2. that's sure to be something.

What would be even cooler would be an official live CD like Daft did. Holy god that would be awesome.

Bosco
07-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Matt! The name is Rob.

Yeah I heard the Brooklyn crowd was a pooper which is shame...

The crowd in Chicago was straight up nuts. San Francisco and L.A. crowd were alright, but they had Chicago in the palm of their hands! I just wish I went to all 6 US dates last year. I could have done it... but I decided it would be nice to have a few bucks left in my wallet...

As for a Coachella 09 appearance, I dont have any insider knowledge of anything happening, but I do know there is a boatload of Chem fans ready to show up if there is!

samiksha
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM

no, im not going. i dont have any money. :[ i need you to have a good time for me.

Bosco
07-19-2008, 12:06 AM
seriously, I dont think your missing a whole lot. Well, ok, Radiohead.... But seriously put some cash away and get your self out to Coachella again. I expect to see you there next year.

You gonna catch any shows at all soon? There is some good ones coming through, MBV, Sigur Ros, Beck....oh wait, you dont live in Chicago anymore...

samiksha
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
i just got a job again so i'm starting to save up for coachella. i really want to see beck. sigur ros is coming to detroit so i don't have to worry about that. but i really am kicking myself for not seeing radiohead.

betao
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
chemical bump:

_Ccb7w5t2pw

idrive1life
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Ooh man! I thought they just did a show. Anyway, that was awesome ... so thanks, Matt. Too bad the rainstorm forced them to cancel their set at this year's (2 weeks ago) Gatecrasher's.

betao
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
really? I woulda been pissed had a chemical brothers show been canceled on me.

there would have been murders on the spot.

that being said, I really really really hope they play Coachella next year. I just really want to see them again with a much better crowd.

feather
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
that being said, I really really really hope they play Coachella next year. I just really want to see them again with a much better crowd.

The crowd you speak of from NYC definitely seemed lame. I don't understand how they could not get into the music! Obviously in the Sahara the crowd would just be amazing, and I want to feel that, next year!

betao
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
The crowd you speak of from NYC definitely seemed lame. I don't understand how they could not get into the music! Obviously in the Sahara the crowd would just be amazing, and I want to feel that, next year!

where you at the brooklyn show too man? God, I really felt bad for Ed and Tom. I hope they even decide to play in NYC again, because they didn't get the crowd reaction they really deserve.

feather
07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
No I just read your post earlier. The only time I have gotten to see them live was Nocturnal 2007. I am DYING for another chance and I know Coachella will be it.

betao
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
we're out of control.

MassiveChemicalPunk
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
bump!
So... the new album dropped a couple of days ago.
I really don't know the reason for another Greatest Hits, but the two new songs are pretty fucking good, and the EBW are also pretty amazing.
Any thoughts?

Backwater
09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I would love for the Chemical Brothers to be at Coachella next year more than anyone else, besides Bowie and maybe Radiohead. Bring it Paul T, please. I'm listening to We Are The Night right now and I can't believe how much better it gets with each listen. Easily one of the most underrated albums of last year.

sames44
10-31-2008, 11:05 AM

Bosco
11-01-2008, 04:11 AM
you rang...