PDA

View Full Version : The Beer Gardens

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
This is a thread aiming to bring all the beer afficionados together. Whether you're Pabst Blue Ribbon drinker or a Chimay connossieur, we hope that you find a new brew to enjoy or offer up some of your own private reserve for all to enjoy. So, without further adieu, I bid you good tidings and a hearty salud!

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I came up with an idea in the drunk thread. (Imagine that!) Check it out HopelessSemantic~

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/cgordon3/Chris%20Stuff/lgfp1024.jpg

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
also, I like the thread name. good job.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I came up with an idea in the drunk thread. (Imagine that!) Check it out HopelessSemantic~

Damn...that idea would've been cool. I wish there was a way to change the name of the threads. But I'm sure there is a growing sentiment that we need to change the Heneiken stranglehold on beer choices for Coachella...

Especially for a festival that provides us with a variety of foods--why can't we have a variety of beers? I know that a million brands would vie to serve their refreshing goodness @ the Polo Grounds, eh?

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, but would they also contribute such a giant chunk of money? With minimal advertising?

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:18 PM
every dollar heineken spends in sponsorship is a dollar less GV needs in ticket revenue.

though yeah i'd spend a few bucks extra to make guinness and chimay available.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah, but would they also contribute such a giant chunk of money? With minimal advertising?

Yes. I would like to imagine that another rival beer company would contribute money and do it with minimal advertising. Festivals are hot right now and to have alternatives could bolster the money GoldenVoice earns from their beer sales. I would spend more money if there were say, Guiness or Chimay as TomAz mentioned.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
CHIMAY + RADIOHEAD COACHELLA 09 WOOT WOOT

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Fuck Chimay + Anyone = Coachella 09 is ape shit bonkers for me!

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Aren't you people sick of Radiohead yet? God.

Anyway, beer. Beer beer beer.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:40 PM
What are some of your beer choices miscorrections?

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:43 PM
If you're tired of Radiohead, you're tired of life.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:43 PM
but yes. beer beer beer.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:45 PM
What are some of your beer choices miscorrections?

I do not have much experience, not being old enough to really go forth and try a lot. But I do tend to like ales, mostly amber and brown. I also like Asian beers for some reason.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/images/imported/1089197544.gif

If you enjoy eating Thai food, this is the beer you want to have with your pad thai or nok larb.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Good to know.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I do not have much experience, not being old enough to really go forth and try a lot. But I do tend to like ales, mostly amber and brown. I also like Asian beers for some reason.

Wow you just turned 20 so its understandable that your experience is young. Which Asian beers? I am pretty knowledgeable of those. Sapporo, Tsintao, Chang, and Singha are some of my personal favorites.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Oooh I love Tsingtao. Singha too.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:49 PM
KIRIN ICHIBAN! NUMBER ONE!

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Calm down, Tom.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM
you just don't like japanese people, racist.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM

While I love Kirin with my sushi and sashimi, I always seem to get indigestion from it after dinner. I usually have to drink Sapporo or Asahi to avoid that. If you really want to get down on the Japanese beer, try Orion, Yora Yora, or Suntory. Those are not often offered at the mainstream sushi places, but if you have a niche sushi place they'll order it for you.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:57 PM
but Kirin comes in the big bottles

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
So does Asahi...and sometimes they have the Sapporo in the big bottles. If I do get Kirin, I won't order the spicy rolls that a sushi place may have. That's so I won't have to hurt the rest of the night lol.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I've gotten Sapporo in big bottles before and I approve. That's the wonderful thing about (most) Asian restaurants - they don't care how old you are.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Asahi tastes so .. i dunno. dull, I guess. it might as well be bud light. to me.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Coupled with cherry saki, I don't think any beer will taste remarkably stronger than bud light lol.

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Damn...that idea would've been cool. I wish there was a way to change the name of the threads. But I'm sure there is a growing sentiment that we need to change the Heneiken stranglehold on beer choices for Coachella...

Especially for a festival that provides us with a variety of foods--why can't we have a variety of beers? I know that a million brands would vie to serve their refreshing goodness @ the Polo Grounds, eh? I'll settle for just having my name idea be cool. Can't really recommend beer though...Perhaps a tequila thread will pop up one day...Ole'! BTW. Stagecoach was sponsored by Bud, I believe. I think it's a deal Goldenvoice has with the local beer distributors to "share in the wealth," so to speak.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Tequila + Me = Danger.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 10:08 PM
this is not the tequila thread.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Es Cerveza!!! Sorry I got off track for a second.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Beer.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
So, for all those who drink Guiness...do you drink it cold or warm like they supposedly do in Ireland?

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Tequila + Me = Danger.

[QUOTE=Hopeless Semantic;652963]Es Cerveza!!! Sorry I got off track for a second.[/QUOTE} It's all making sense why Im always misunderstood around here...

KungFuJoe
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I went to The Fathers Office in Culver City tonight. I had my trepidations going in, being that the first & only time I went to the Fathers Office in Brentwood was such a lousy experience.

What a wonderful upgrade this restaurant is. It's five times the size & you can actaually enjoy yourself there. After a stressful work week I started my evening off with a tasy glass of Pirat. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

if you were a hater of the Brentwood location as much as I was, I suggest you give the new location a try.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 10:36 PM
I went to the Brentwood one a while back and I didn't really enjoy the service there. It's like they didn't see us there the whole time. I guess it wasn't their day. So they opened up a new one? I'm on the fence when it comes to Piraat. I haven't had too much exposure to it--but I've got to give it another go.

KungFuJoe
06-22-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah, the Brentwood location was like that when I went. It's way too small & was way too crowded with hipsters when I went. It was a bitch trying to get an order in & finding a comfortable spot to get settled in.

The new restaurant is great. It has a bigger indoor area & a long bar. Easy to get in and get served. Service was very friendly & helpful, though the restaurants rules still apply in not making any modifications to their dishes and you must order at the bar. Which is ok by me because I'm not a picky eater, nor do I have any allergies to food. There's also on outdoor patio which is nice.

I love Piraat. It's tasty & boozy goodness.

fatbastard
06-23-2008, 05:25 AM
There's an article in this month's Food and Wine magazine where Sang Yoon of Father's Office and Tom Colicchio go drinking around LA. Sang seems like a great guy.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 07:39 AM
I know its only 9 in the morning, but I can already use a Kona Longboard or something like an Endless Summer. It's shaping up to be that kind of day.

Sang was @ the Brentwood location when I went and he seemed pretty decent. Hopefully, I'll get out there and try the Culver City spot someday.

Xenocide
06-23-2008, 07:57 AM
why is it that Stagecoach had 15 different kinds of beer and they can be taken out of the gardens...

...while Coachella has one kind of beer and has to be drank in a small prison?

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:05 AM
why is it that Stagecoach had 15 different kinds of beer and they can be taken out of the gardens...

...while Coachella has one kind of beer and has to be drank in a small prison?

That's the million dollar question...

Must be some sort of licensing agreement between the powers that be and Heineken. Or, they phe3r drunken indie-types and limit it to a refugee camp-like drinking situation.

marooko
06-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Yuengling Lager.

I miss this beer. Can't get it here in the west.

One of my fav. domestics is Rolling Rock. I also enjoy Sierra Nevada, most Hefeweizens and Honey Brown. Can't find it too often round here, but I dig it.

Imports: I enjoy most common ones, but stay away from the Mexican beers. Except Modelo Especial. (not Negro) Sapporo, St. Pauli Girl, too many to mention.

I had Chimay for the first time a few weeks ago. Definitely a good beer. They should have the title of "Champagne of beers", not miller.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I can't stand Sierra Nevada. I don't know why, but it doesn't hit my pallate like it does for so many beer afficionados.

marooko
06-23-2008, 08:31 AM
i didnt like it at first, kinda grew on me.

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 08:48 AM

...while Coachella has one kind of beer and has to be drank in a small prison? I'm sure the first reason is the age thing. A lot younger crowd at Coachella which would up the risk of underage drinking. (Not that people didn't compensate with other means of illgotten behavior! :)-) My other reasoning is the "Bo-Hunk Theory..." Cowboys go from breastfeeding to beer bottles, and if you keep them penned up, those crazy motherfuckers think it's a rodeo and start bullriding each other. Let 'em roam the prairie where the women are and they become an organized line dance troupe.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm sure the first reason is the age thing. A lot younger crowd at Coachella which would up the risk of underage drinking. (Not that people didn't compensate with other means of illgotten behavior! :)-) My other reasoning is the "Bo-Hunk Theory..." Cowboys go from breastfeeding to beer bottles, and if you keep them penned up, those crazy motherfuckers think it's a rodeo and start bullriding each other. Let 'em roam the prairie where the women are and they become an organized line dance troupe.

Truth. Funny as hell truth.

Yeehaw.

marooko
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
def. funny.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
One of my favorite places to go is The Yard House because they have 200 kinds of beer on tap. You can get anything from PBR to some stuff I have never heard of. My favorite that they serve though is the Rogue Hazelnut Brown. It is oh so tasty. Everytime I go there I always say I am going to try something new and always end up getting the same thing. Some stores do carry it in bottles as well so if you ever run across it I highly recommend it.

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 10:01 AM

seriously. love that shit. sake bombers are FUN too :)

i generally prefer draft beer. i will drink a crappier beer that's draft over a better beer in a bottle. i like a lot of the new belgium beers like sunshine, though, fat tire is only good from the draft or used in cooking. yard house is awesome because they have sunshine on tap. so does that "wok star" place in north phoenix where they had drum and bass shows for a minute.

i also like sierra nevada. kronenburg is good. kiltlifter here in AZ is the fucking shit though. i had a keg at my birthday last year, good stuff and the people at four peaks are always so friendly. i like trying new beers. when i was in switzerland, i was in heaven. they had so much good beer and it was hilarious to see "bud light" for $7 on the import menu, lol.

mMmmmMmm, beer. god bless beer.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
If you go to Sunflower Market (the one I go to is at 3rd Street and Bell) they have a whole wall of beer, its funny because they sell stuff in there that you can't find at other stores, and only 2 coolers of the 15 you have to look through are the typical bud/bud light gross beers and the rest is good beer.

I often tell people that once my kids grow up and out of the house I am going on a brew crawl throughout the united states. I love going to different brewery's and trying their selection. I love four peaks and sonoran brewerys here in Phoenix, I have been to the Kona microbrewery in Honalulu (I want to go to the big one though on the big island). I have been to several different brewerys in Colorado, Oregon and Washington. Now I have to hit the other states. Some people go wine tasting, I want to go beer tasting.

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I love four peaks and sonoran brewerys here in Phoenix

hmmm, your ideas are intriguing to me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter :p

seriously though, where's that place? i would LOVE to go beer tasting.

amyzzz
06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
this is a duplicate thread of some sort.

Tylerdurden31
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Mackeson XXX - tastes like chocolate and caramel
Mackeson Milk Stout - tastes like yoohoo

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 10:51 AM
The pink elephant beer

http://www.stack.nl/~sgiebels/joomla/images/stories/del_tremens_fles_en_glas.jpg

locachica73
06-23-2008, 11:00 AM
hmmm, your ideas are intriguing to me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter :p

seriously though, where's that place? i would LOVE to go beer tasting.

LOL sonoran is at 3rd Street and Camelback. It is a little tiny place but very good beer. Last fall they had a Vanilla Porter on tap that was YUMMY.

My other favorite thing to drink is a Snakebite. They do half pear cider and half guinness. YUM

locachica73
06-23-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Ratings-Top50.asp

Here is an interesting site for those of you interested in BEER.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
The Yardhouse here got rid of the Yards. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it does have a nice variety. I was turned on to Carlsberg there and a whole slew of others I cannot remember for the life of me.

Anyone like Arrogant Bastard esp the IPA?

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:17 AM
this is a duplicate thread of some sort.

Well, unless someone wants to bring up the old one, this thread will revive the beer talk. Who cares if it's a duplicate it's about BEER.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 11:25 AM
The Yardhouse here got rid of the Yards. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it does have a nice variety. I was turned on to Carlsberg there and a whole slew of others I cannot remember for the life of me.

Anyone like Arrogant Bastard esp the IPA?

I love flavorful beers but for some reason I can not choke down an IPA. I have tried and they are just way too hoppy flavored for my liking. I like browns and porters mostly. But once in awhile, when it is 108 degrees outside I will go for a lighter beer like a Hefe or a Cider. Hornsby does a cider ale that is pretty tasty if you want something to sip on at home. I prefer to drink beer on tap but until I can figure out how to turn my fridge into a kegerator I am going to have to drink out of bottles. One of my big pet peaves though is when going to a bar/restaraunt and you order a beer that is not on draft, they always ask me if I want a glass with it. I am assuming it is because I am a girl and they think girls should be dainty and drink out of glasses? But the bottle is glass so why dirty another glass?

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:29 AM
True. I guess they do figure since you're female that you want a glass. I prefer a glass most of the times especially when I'm dealin with higher end beer because it allows the whole breadth of the beer to be noticed and lets it live. If it's a cheep lager or pilsner, I can do the bottle.

I think I'll have a Tsingtao with Chinese today for lunch hmm lol.

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
i'm totally girly then because i love the glass with a bottle of beer at a restaurant, especially if the glass has been chilled :)

i don't know why, but it's better!!!

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
i'm totally girly then because i love the glass with a bottle of beer at a restaurant, especially if the glass has been chilled :)

i don't know why, but it's better!!!

They put pharamones in the glass, Ivy. Thought you knew? :)

locachica73
06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I love when the glass is chilled so much that when they pour the beer in it you get little ice crystals in your beer. OK now I am thirsty.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I love when the glass is chilled so much that when they pour the beer in it you get little ice crystals in your beer. OK now I am thirsty.

This is the only time I wished I worked in a bar or something...

fiyahhh!
06-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Has anyone done the Anchor Steam brewery tour in SF? My roommate and I are planning on going this summer. I hear they give you a free sample -- a whole pint!

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Has anyone done the Anchor Steam brewery tour in SF? My roommate and I are planning on going this summer. I hear they give you a free sample -- a whole pint!

I've been wanting to do the tour, fiyahhh!, but everytime I try to there are mitigating factors that prevent me from attending it. Usually it's the lack of timing on my part--so let me know how it goes.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Actually someday I want to own my own bar. live local music, different seasonal beers on tap and of course pool tables and poker tournaments. But the one bad thing about working at a bar, who wants to be the only sober person around a bunch of drunks.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
All the bars I go to the owners are usually sitting there drunk along with you

fatbastard
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
At least once a year, we use to go to the now closed Black Forrest in Santa Monica. Very traditional German food. They had a patio outside that was covered with trees. The wife drove home on these trips, which meant that I was able to indulge on a hefeweizen or two. I remember eating potato pancakes with dollups of ice cold sour cream and a dollup of cavier on top. Then eating a whole pork leg shank with gravy and mashed potatoes with fresh bread and and butter. There was nothing better than eating all of that food and drinking a ice cold glass of hefeweizen.

So many memories when it comes to thinking about drinking beer. This is one of them.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
All the bars I go to the owners are usually sitting there drunk along with you

LOL this is true, unless of course your working behind the bar but then that is why you own a bar I guess so you don't have to work it. I was talking to the owner of a bar once who was drinking and shooting pool with me. I told her that I was interested in owning a bar someday and she said that she loved what she does but it unfortunatly meant she had to be a professional alcoholic. Not sure if that is an upside or downside.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Actually someday I want to own my own bar. live local music, different seasonal beers on tap and of course pool tables and poker tournaments. But the one bad thing about working at a bar, who wants to be the only sober person around a bunch of drunks.

The one drawback (or requirement) to owning a bar is that you have to look really beaten down. I mean, world-destroy-my-youth-whoa-begone looking and that's something I couldn't deal with. Also, puffing on Marlboro Red 100s is not the way I want to conduct things. Okay, so those are mostly the dive bars around here like The Red Room..etc..etc...

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 01:29 PM
That's actually what I smoke well not 100s but I think I'm too skinny to be a bar owner guy

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
That's actually what I smoke well not 100s but I think I'm too skinny to be a bar owner guy

That's what shotguns are for, gravy.

I have a Fat Tire at home that's like, 6 months old. Is it still drinkable?

marooko
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
beer in the glass:

I go beer tasting every so often and ive been told when pouring a beer in to a glass, you wanna get some head on it. not too much, just enough, because it brings out more flavors of the beer. so, beer in the glass technically is better.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
As long as it has either kept cold the entire time or warm once it warms up once after being cold it's dead

to the fat tire question

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Bartending is what creates the taste for tequila!

marooko
06-23-2008, 01:45 PM

hire someone. they stay sober, you stay drunk.

marooko
06-23-2008, 01:46 PM
As long as it has either kept cold the entire time or warm once it warms up once after being cold it's dead

to the fat tire question

it also may not taste as fresh.

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Actually someday I want to own my own bar. live local music, different seasonal beers on tap and of course pool tables and poker tournaments. But the one bad thing about working at a bar, who wants to be the only sober person around a bunch of drunks. Well you don't go gettin' shitfaced, but sober? Nuh-uh... I called it the pre-shift toleration shot. Made the assholes easier to put up with!

locachica73
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
The one drawback (or requirement) to owning a bar is that you have to look really beaten down. I mean, world-destroy-my-youth-whoa-begone looking and that's something I couldn't deal with. Also, puffing on Marlboro Red 100s is not the way I want to conduct things. Okay, so those are mostly the dive bars around here like The Red Room..etc..etc...

You gotta love dive bars though. Nothing beats going on vacation somewhere and looking for a sign that just says "COCKTAILS", they usually end up being the best bars ever.

I quit smoking 10 years ago so I won't be able to do the marlboro red thing, and I am often told I look 25 even though I am 35 so I can't do the beaten down world destroyed my youth whoa begone look either. Hmmm I may have to rethink what I want to be when I grow up.

Fat Tire use to be one of my favorite beers but now that I have tried others I occasionally go back to the old school fat tire and it just doesn't taste the same as it use to. Kiltlifter is better, and for some reason I really enjoy Michalob Amber Bock.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Someone told me that fat tire puts live yeast or something in there so it's terrible once it warms up I've actually ran into this problem at the bar once bartender gave me one and it was just shit so I asked him to grab one out of another case and that one was fine idk

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 02:20 PM
LOL this is true, unless of course your working behind the bar but then that is why you own a bar I guess so you don't have to work it. I was talking to the owner of a bar once who was drinking and shooting pool with me. I told her that I was interested in owning a bar someday and she said that she loved what she does but it unfortunatly meant she had to be a professional alcoholic. Not sure if that is an upside or downside. The upside is knowing when to stop, the downside is otherwise known as the floor.

The one drawback (or requirement) to owning a bar is that you have to look really beaten down. I mean, world-destroy-my-youth-whoa-begone looking and that's something I couldn't deal with. Also, puffing on Marlboro Red 100s is not the way I want to conduct things. Okay, so those are mostly the dive bars around here like The Red Room..etc..etc... I'm still working on my last requirement before graduating to ownership.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd go to your bar Brokendoll. Although it is in the Indio area, I would have to make sure to stop by sometime. If I were to ever own my own dive bar here in L.B. I would hook-up all the chella posters and make sure they're all taken care of.

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
No rush, I'm off for the summer. It's a private country club I work at during the season. But I began my internship at Niel's Lounge in Indio...Coach peeps might have stopped in there. The Local Dive, no doubt! Good Times!

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Pass me that Eight Ball so I can get fucked up!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/p_rock79/40oz.png

locachica73
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Ole E tastes like they add butter to it. ICK. I dated a guy once, he called and asked if I wanted him to pick up some beer on his way to my place. I said sure. He showed up with 2 40oz Ole E. I knew then we weren't gonna last.

marooko
06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I dated a guy once, he called and asked if I wanted him to pick up some beer on his way to my place. I said sure. He showed up with 2 40oz Ole E. I knew then we weren't gonna last.

SIG!!!

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Ole E tastes like they add butter to it. ICK. I dated a guy once, he called and asked if I wanted him to pick up some beer on his way to my place. I said sure. He showed up with 2 40oz Ole E. I knew then we weren't gonna last.

So that's why you never called me back then, huh? Odelay.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 02:48 PM
It's the bomb...I can feel my body gettin' numb!

Cuz I'm chillin' like a villin'.

marooko
06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Is anyone a bartender? Specifically in the bay area or north of fresno and south of SAC.

algunz
06-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Following is an attempt to address various ideas presented in this thread. I got a lot of catching up to do.

As far as Asian beers go, my favorite is TsingTao.

I am not a fan of IPAs at all. That hoppy bite just ruins it for me.

I prefer Guiness at room temperature, which is why I usually get a Black & Tan. The combination is better chilled. (I've drunk a lot of B&Ts since the Euro Cup started.)

Has anybody tried to drink all the beers at the Yard House. A friend of mine has made it through. It took him about a year.

A true dive bar is definitely my cup of tea. Although owning one might be difficult after a while. I think hanging out in there everyday might get a bit depressing.

Ok, I think that covers most of it.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Black & Blue > Black & Tan

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I've drank like, 30 types of the beers @ the Yardhouse. My faves are the Hemp one and the pomegranate ale--I don't remember most of the others...I think Carlsberg I tried and got really hammered on.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 02:54 PM
So that's why you never called me back then, huh? Odelay.

was that you? wow you got out of jail quick. ;)

algunz
06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Black & Blue > Black & Tan

Is the Blue Blue Moon?

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Yep they might call it somethin different out there the east coast has some weird name for it that I can't remember

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM

Ain't no pinta in this world keeping me down esa...orale, holmes.

algunz
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I'll have to give it a try. Unfortunately Blue Moon is not always easy to find. Bass on the other hand is always available.

marooko

Ol' E or not, this guy sounds like a catch.

there is a wine shop here in town that had beer and wine tasting, im (4) beers in to the 100th beer plaque. I want my name up there bad. Just recently started on it, i got to get a move on. theres only like 91 places left.

locachica73
ok I am seriously laughing out loud now. My coworkers are going to think I am up to no good.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I have drank some really nasty beers from the Yardhouse. So, I usually just default to the THE ONE AND ONLY.

NEW CASTLE.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=marooko;653684]Ol' E or not, this guy sounds like a catch.

Yeah unfortuneatly I use to have a thing for bad boys. Lessons learned!!!

marooko
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
good girl. means some nice guy is now has a chance.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Really? Almost every bar around here has blue moon on tap lots of people drink it up here. Blue Moon, Linie's, Pabst and Grain Belt is what I usually see everyone drinking

algunz
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Newcastle and Negra Modelo are my BYOBs of choice. If I gotta bring beer then I'll go with either, preferably Negra. But when at a bar there are so many others that work nicely off tap.

Has anybody been to The Goat Hill in Newport Beach? I great dive bar with a wonderful selection of beers.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Holy shit! Look what I just found on the internets...New Castle shoes!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/p_rock79/nike-dunk-sb-new-castle-3_0.jpg

algunz
06-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Really? Almost every bar around here has blue moon on tap lots of people drink it up here. Blue Moon, Linie's, Pabst and Grain Belt is what I usually see everyone drinking

It's becoming more prominent, but when you're at a bar with just a few on tap Blue Moon is not likely to be one of them.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Ol' E or not, this guy sounds like a catch.

Aye so you wuz a payasa eh?

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
One of the bars down here had a white trash revival night every Tuesday. They sold PBR's for a buck. The waitresses were dressed in mullets and daisy dukes and did bar dancing. I use to do the HR recruiting for the construction company I work for and so it was my job to take all the guys just getting out of college down to Tempe to the bars at let them gaze at the half dressed waitresses while getting them liquored up. So we get there and of course they can order whatever they want and these midwest boys were sticking with the PBR's and loving every minute of it. Then the waitresses got up on the bar and did a dance, one of them was wearing a fake belly like she was prego and fake hickys all over her neck as part of her costume. This young midwest boy looks me in the face and says... isn't it kind of dangerous for her to be dancing up on the bar when shes pregnant like that? I could not stop laughing. Gotta love some PBR and half naked waitresses.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=marooko;653684]Ol' E or not, this guy sounds like a catch.

So he brought you a buttery beer and you still let him hit it?

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
PBR is one of the better selling beers in the Midwest and Southern region of our country.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
So he brought you a buttery beer and you still let him hit it?

Callate holmes, don't you be talkin' bout my hina like that ese.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=locachica73;653688]

Aye so you wuz a payasa eh?

I suppose you can say that. Back in the day!

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I just found out Leinenkugel's is brining back Amber Light my favorite of their beers it was a sad day when they stopped making that. Has anyone ever had Hennepin I think it's from New York tried one for the first time the other day and it was pretty good.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I never really drunk PBR we would always go for the Keystone Ice.

algunz
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Just FYI, out of the beers at the tasting yesterday my favorites were Saison D'Erpe-Mere, Leffe Blonde, and the Rodenbach.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=652694#post652694

marooko
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Hopeless Semantic;653697]

I suppose you can say that. Back in the day!

awesome!!

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I was up in pittsburgh a couple years ago and they had this beer called Iron City.... It was sold everywhere and was the nastiest shit I ever tried to drink. People there refer to it as Iron Shitty beer. But apparently someone likes it because its everywhere up there.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I just found out Leinenkugel's is brining back Amber Light my favorite of their beers it was a sad day when they stopped making that. Has anyone ever had Hennepin I think it's from New York tried one for the first time the other day and it was pretty good.

I've have not tried hennepin, but I've seen it at the specialty beer store near by. I guess I'll pick it up. Is it a lager or ale?

algunz
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Yet another reason not to go to the Pitt.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Just FYI, out of the beers at the tasting yesterday my favorites were Saison D'Erpe-Mere, Leffe Blonde, and the Rodenbach.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=652694#post652694

The Leffe Blonde is really good. I haven't tried the Saison yet--what type is it?

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
PBR is one of the better selling beers in the Midwest and Southern region of our country.

I personally love PBR I grew up on it plus it tastes good and if you get it off tap it's one of the best imo. I remember touring the old plant when I was a kid in Milwaukee.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Here's a remark that may find some detractors...

I personally think Stella Artois is overrated...

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
we had hamms as our beer of choice as young kids, or schlitz malt liquor, or raineer. But I grew up in the pacific northwest, PBR wasn't as popular. Then the microbrews moved in and I have been a beer fan ever since. Three things they do well up in Portland and Seattle is Beer, Coffee and Pot.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Pot -Pies

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's a remark that may find some detractors...

I personally think Stella Artois is overrated...

I agree, I do drink it on occasion but not one of my favorites. It is suppose to have a higher alcohol content though which is why I think most people drink it. But I could be wrong on that.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I've have not tried hennepin, but I've seen it at the specialty beer store near by. I guess I'll pick it up. Is it a lager or ale?

It's an ale but there are two companies I think there's one from Belgium in a colorful bottle I haven't had that one and the one I had comes in a black bottle

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Stella is ok I'd rather have a Peroni though

Hopeless Semantic
we had hamms as our beer of choice as young kids, or schlitz malt liquor, or raineer. But I grew up in the pacific northwest, PBR wasn't as popular. Then the microbrews moved in and I have been a beer fan ever since. Three things they do well up in Portland and Seattle is Beer, Coffee and Pot.

And very, very, white chicks...

oh, and girls who'll lie and break your heart lol.

locachica73
OK so what are your Mexican beers of choice? I like Negra Modelo, Pacifico and Dos XX Amber. I think Corona tastes like piss.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
And very, very, white chicks...

oh, and girls who'll lie and break your heart lol.

lol yes very very white chicks is right, luckily I am part american indian so I can at least get some color in the sun. and the girls that lie and break your heart thing, thats everywhere man, and not limited to girls.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I will only drink Corona if there's nothing else to drown myself in. I like Negro Modelo and anything done by Modelo. But my favorites are Estrella and Bohemia Negro.

jigsaw
06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
OK so what are your Mexican beers of choice? I like Negra Modelo, Pacifico and Dos XX Amber. I think Corona tastes like piss.

I agree about Carona.

Pacifico > Dos XX > Tecate (in the can) > Negra Modelo

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
lol yes very very white chicks is right, luckily I am part american indian so I can at least get some color in the sun. and the girls that lie and break your heart thing, thats everywhere man, and not limited to girls.

In my own mind, it's only girls from Seattle that have crushed me lol.
So there!

marooko
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
or schlitz malt liquor, .

you keeping it Reeeealll!

marooko
06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Why no love for Modelo Especial? No one ever seems to drink that. It's alays Negro.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I have not tried Estrella, bohemian negro or tecate. Although I can't stand drinking any beer out of a can. But I will have to give it a shot.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:23 PM
you keeping it Reeeealll!

LOL yeah well you could get a 15 pack for like $5.99, and all my girlfriends drank nasty california coolers so I had to drink whatever the boys were drinking.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
How about Brahma? Anyone try this little bitty from Brasil?

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
In my own mind, it's only girls from Seattle that have crushed me lol.
So there!

Damn Bitches from Seattle. They are just depressed, and need to take it out on someone, you would be depressed to if it rained 9 months straight.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:27 PM
ok now i am making a list of beers I want to try, and I just got done telling myself this morning that I was gonna not drink for awhile. lol

marooko
How about Brahma? Anyone try this little bitty from Brasil?

Had it only once. cant really remember, so it wasnt bad.

jigsaw
I have not tried Estrella, bohemian negro or tecate. Although I can't stand drinking any beer out of a can. But I will have to give it a shot.

it's dirty.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Damn Bitches from Seattle. They are just depressed, and need to take it out on someone, you would be depressed to if it rained 9 months straight.

Damn Mill Creek people...always with the rain lol

Don't take your depression out on me!

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Had it only once. cant really remember, so it wasnt bad.

Seriously, it's great with churuscarria hmmm...meat on a stick...meat stick...hmmmmmm

locachica73
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Now you know why I moved out of the swamp and into the desert. Now I am a happy girl. Sun and daily meds keep me smiling. lol

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Now you know why I moved out of the swamp and into the desert. Now I am a happy girl. Sun and daily meds keep me smiling. lol

Where you there when they had Top Pot doughnuts, loca? Hmmmm...

Beer and Donuts... two of the best unhealthy things on this planet lol.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I do not remember top pot doughnuts, although I will have to say I am not a doughnut fan. I craved them the whole time I was prego with my daughter and have not been able to eat them since.

And the thought of a doughnut and a beer at the same time makes me want to puke.

algunz
06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Stella is to Belgian Beers as Coors is to American.

Negra Modelo is the best dark beer straight out of the bottle. I like Bohemia for a good Mexican beer too.

Why do people automatically serve Mexican beer with a lime? I fucking hate the lime.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I hate the lime too I like lemons in beer but limes just bring out odd flavors that don't do anything for me personally.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 05:20 PM
The lime has grown on me but i use to hate it too. I think it started with corona though, they had to put lime in it to cover up the nastiness of the beer.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
I enjoy the lemon when it comes to Mexican beer--but I don't need it to survive. I definitely need it for my Patron though, since I'm kinda used to it. Somehow it prevents the Carnal in me from coming out.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 05:39 PM
i do like lemon in my Hefe's in the summertime.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
i do like lemon in my Hefe's in the summertime.

Girl, it's a year-round thing. It brings summertime to you in the dead of winter! I love hefe with a lemon when its like, 60 degrees in January lol.

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 05:48 PM
How about Brahma? Anyone try this little bitty from Brasil? I have. Bartending at Cactus Jacks here in town. Owner wanted me as a guinea pig. I felt the effects 1/2 way into the bottle! For some reason, when it comes to beer, I'm a real lightweight. 1-2 beers and I get all goofy-stupid, yet I can indulge in 2-3 shots of tequila and be warming up. (Maybe that's the professional alcoholic term Loca mentioned earlier? Yikes!) In my "Bartender 101" training, I began with White Zin, (Gasp!) ventured into more adult like beverages, (Mixed cocktails) and because of the fact that I had "class" 5 nites a week, I learned that the homework hangovers were brought on by the sweet shit. Straight up and chilled slightly, and 1 diploma into alcoholism coming up! Just can't figure why beer just sends me left field...

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I enjoy the lemon when it comes to Mexican beer--but I don't need it to survive. I definitely need it for my Patron though, since I'm kinda used to it. Somehow it prevents the Carnal in me from coming out. Ummmm, Patron...

locachica73
06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Girl, it's a year-round thing. It brings summertime to you in the dead of winter! I love hefe with a lemon when its like, 60 degrees in January lol.

60 degrees... brrrrrrrr. I typically stick to darker beers so in the summertime is the only time i usually end up trying something a little lighter and chrisper. In the fall my favorite thing is a Pumpkin Porter. Although last years batch wasn't very pumpkiny, I am hoping this year 4 peaks throws a bit more spice in the kegs.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I have. Bartending at Cactus Jacks here in town. Owner wanted me as a guinea pig. I felt the effects 1/2 way into the bottle! For some reason, when it comes to beer, I'm a real lightweight. 1-2 beers and I get all goofy-stupid, yet I can indulge in 2-3 shots of tequila and be warming up. (Maybe that's the professional alcoholic term Loca mentioned earlier? Yikes!) In my "Bartender 101" training, I began with White Zin, (Gasp!) ventured into more adult like beverages, (Mixed cocktails) and because of the fact that I had "class" 5 nites a week, I learned that the homework hangovers were brought on by the sweet shit. Straight up and chilled slightly, and 1 diploma into alcoholism coming up! Just can't figure why beer just sends me left field...

I am just the opposite, if i stick to beer I can maintain a healthy buzz and sober up quickly when needed, but as soon as I start drinking the harder stuff I get loopy and REALLY freindly.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Ratings-Top50.asp

Here is an interesting site for those of you interested in BEER.

cool beans!!

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I am just the opposite, if i stick to beer I can maintain a healthy buzz and sober up quickly when needed, but as soon as I start drinking the harder stuff I get loopy and REALLY freindly. Really friendly= Warming up... Wait! It's past happy hour! Youguys enjoy your brew while I go pour myself a shot!

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Really freindly = clothes falling off lol

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Really freindly = clothes falling off lol

I'll keep that in mind if we ever cross paths at oh...a bar or something along those lines lol.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I'll keep that in mind if we ever cross paths at oh...a bar or something along those lines lol.

mmm jager bombs!!!

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 06:18 PM
60 degrees... brrrrrrrr

I don't know why but I always find it funny when people say 60 degrees is cold I remember one time when I was younger the governor had to call off everything statewide when it hit -60.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't know why but I always find it funny when people say 60 degrees is cold I remember one time when I was younger the governor had to call off everything stateside when it hit -60.

Whoa...I usually say it in jest because most Californians get all whiny when its 60 degrees. It's not how we really feel though, but I can't imagine it being -60.

Pumpkin Beer yuck.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
mmm jager bombs!!!

Oh, damn! So you like the bomba de jager, eh? I have too much fun with those lol.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:20 PM
I feel the same way about people who think 80 or 90 degrees is hot... 90 is a nice spring day here in the desert lol. when it drops in the 70's i pull out the sweaters. I was in Colorado 2 years ago, it was -19 degrees and I thought I was gonna die, it hurt to breath.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Anything with a negative sign like -19 also means -Balls in male speak.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Pumpkin Beer yuck.

Don't knock it till you try it!!!

And yes jager bombs do create fun, although the rough part is passing out from the booze and waking up three hours later wired and ready to do laundry from the red bull.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Anything with a negative sign like -19 also means -Balls in male speak.

luckily my balls were just fine.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
MMMM I miss pumpkin beer I look forward to October every year I love it pumpkin pie, pumpkin beer, Oktoberfest with bad polka and great bratwurst.

Anyone here like lagers if so could I get a couple suggestions?

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:30 PM
MMMM I miss pumpkin beer I look forward to October every year I love it pumpkin pie, pumpkin beer, Oktoberfest with bad polka and great bratwurst.

Anyone here like lagers if so could I get a couple suggestions?

Kona Longboards are a Lager and are quite tasty. I know they sell them at some specialty beer stores around here, they are pretty popular.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Kona Longboards FTW! Wow Loca...I'd swear you like the greatest beer lol. Maybe you're a doppleganger yo.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I think I've had that the tap is a big surfboard?

feather
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
mmm jager bombs!!!

WOOOO for Jager...minus the bombs I don't need them.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Kona Longboards FTW! Wow Loca...I'd swear you like the greatest beer lol. Maybe you're a doppleganger yo.

ok im going to admit to the fact that I just did a dictionary.com search to figure out what a doppleganger is.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I think I've had that the tap is a big surfboard?

yep thats it.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
jager bomb talk leads to puking in the barroom toilet talk. just sayin, this thread is heading into questionable territory.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
WOOOO for Jager...minus the bombs I don't need them.

Feather...you are nuts. Jager straight up? You've got to be kidding me :)

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
jager bomb talk leads to puking in the barroom toilet talk. just sayin, this thread is heading into questionable territory.

Yeah I have to agree with Tom on this one. If you're going to talk about other liquors besides Beer, then take it to the drunk thread. Haha.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Tom is right Jag bombs are gross and give you terrible breath.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
btw I don't feel like I'm drunk but I'm glad i'm not driving anywhere.

i'm in atlanta, that's a good excuse.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 07:01 PM
oops my bad!!! I started it. :(

Sooooo how about some Rogue Dead Guy Ale!!!

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Does the south really have any breweries besides that nasty Budweiser shit? I don't know anyone from there nor have ever been so I have no clue about that stuff.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Do they still make Meister Brau and Lowebrau?

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Does the south really have any breweries besides that nasty Budweiser shit? I don't know anyone from there nor have ever been so I have no clue about that stuff.

budweiser is from St Louis. not south.

There is Dixie and Jax in New Orleans. they're both awful.

Texas has Lone Star (blech), Pearl (worse), and Shiner (OK). they also have St Arnold's, from Houston, if you can find it, it's a pretty good (if typical) microbrew.

the rest of the south just drinks swill.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
although tonight in this bar i was offered something called "420 Ale". which is local, i'm told. i asked if it was like the brownies and the waitress laughed a bit too hard. I had the guinness.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
What're you doing in the ATL? Hanging with Lil Wayne? I don't know if they drink anything worthwhile beerwise in the South.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
i thought wayne was still in houston. goin to school.

i got work to do here tomorrow.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Right on. How's the weather out in Atlanta?

Blech...the Fat Tire is cold and flat at the same time...

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
budweiser is from St Louis. not south.

In all fairness it is below the Mason Dixon line, but that doesn't really matter anymore. I think I'm gonna go to the bar a sawtooth is sounded really good right now.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
muggy but otherwise pleasant.

atlanta, i mean, not your fat tire. I've never been able to figure out why fat tire does so well. I mean a million micros and that one takes off. every time i drink it i feel like crap after just a few. like it's made from toxic waste.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:22 PM
In all fairness it is below the Mason Dixon line, but that doesn't really matter anymore. I think I'm gonna go to the bar a sawtooth is sounded really good right now.

in all fairness, the mason dixon line ends at ohio or west virginia. if you have actually been to st louis you will see it is not a southern city, it is more like milwaukee or des moines.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 07:22 PM
yeah that is one reason i quit drinking it, i always ended up with a screaming headache the next day no matter how much or how little I drank.

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
in all fairness, the mason dixon line ends at ohio or west virginia. if you have actually been to st louis you will see it is not a southern city, it is more like milwaukee or des moines.

I've been to all those cities and St. Louis is really different from those two but I guess I have nothing to compare it to since I've never really been to the real south.
Anyway I'm off to the bar I'll be posting when I get back since this thread has got me wanting to try some new ones. I'll have one for all of you, cheers

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
muggy but otherwise pleasant.

atlanta, i mean, not your fat tire. I've never been able to figure out why fat tire does so well. I mean a million micros and that one takes off. every time i drink it i feel like crap after just a few. like it's made from toxic waste.

Well, in all fairness, Fat Tire used to taste better than it does now. When if first came out it had something about it that is no longer there when you drink it. I won't drink it right away anymore--it's no longer my favorite readily accesible beer--so it doesn't hold the same kind of place it once did.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I've never had a Fat Tire but I've had a fat lip.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
did you walk into a door?

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Lol. I kept my first 40oz of Mickey's for the longest as a reminder of where things went spiraling down the corridor of beer's stranglehold on me. I guess you always remember the first time you indulge on something.

marooko
06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know why but I always find it funny when people say 60 degrees is cold I remember one time when I was younger the governor had to call off everything statewide when it hit -60.

growing up in the northeast, 60 deg was shorts and t-sirt time. living where i do in california for the last 10 years, 60 is fairly cool, but i still like it. now 40, thats fucking cold!!! haha. 10 years ago, 40 now was like what 60 is now for me.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
did you walk into a door?

no. got kicked in the face at Lolla '94' during Breeders set.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
had a black eye too.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
i hope you broke up with him.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, so this is supposed to be some milestone for me posting here on Coachella.com, but I'm not one to really dedicate a thread for a minimal achievement (or lack there of) of 1 large, but I do want to say one marginally relevant things and that is Anthony Bourdain would be one dope m'fer to share a microbrew with. The dude is bringing the heat when it comes to traveling in style.

Happy 1000th post to my own damn self lol.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 08:41 PM
didn't know the guy. he was crowd surfing and gave me a good kick.
the people in the pit knocked the shit out of him for doing that.
I don't date people who hit.

Pixiessp
06-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay, so this is supposed to be some milestone for me posting here on Coachella.com, but I'm not one to really dedicate a thread for a minimal achievement (or lack there of) of 1 large, but I do want to say one marginally relevant things and that is Anthony Bourdain would be one dope m'fer to share a microbrew with. The dude is bringing the heat when it comes to traveling in style.

Happy 1000th post to my own damn self lol.

congrats Hopeless S.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Tom, keep the board free from crowd surfing unless it pertains to something beer related. There are a million other threads in which you can discuss bodily harm done by a human mass. :)

Just kidding.

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:47 PM
congrats Hopeless S.

Thanks, Pixie. You're on your way to a grand too! Will you muster up the effort to reach Old School status?

gratytrainridesagain
06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
growing up in the northeast, 60 deg was shorts and t-sirt time. living where i do in california for the last 10 years, 60 is fairly cool, but i still like it. now 40, thats fucking cold!!! haha. 10 years ago, 40 now was like what 60 is now for me.

Yeah when you have sometimes up to 8 months of winter 40 can seem like summer time.

Just got home had my favorite a black and blue always good, sawtooth also good, some amber ale that was ok but nothing to write home about, and a Bell's Oberon which is really good, they also make one called Two Hearted that everyone around here seems to like but it's too bitter for my tastes. Well night all keep the beer flowing.

BROKENDOLL
06-24-2008, 02:18 AM
in all fairness, the mason dixon line ends at ohio or west virginia. if you have actually been to st louis you will see it is not a southern city, it is more like milwaukee or des moines. Are you certain it hasn't floated south yet? On the news the other nite I'd swear it was making it's own wake and going down.

BROKENDOLL
06-24-2008, 02:32 AM

Happy 1000th post to my own damn self lol. Actually 1000 posts is a milestone, Hopeless...It's like coming and stepping through a doorway to a new life. Now that you've had a taste and liked it, by the time you hit 2000, you'll realize you wake each day to the board instead of an alarm, your butt has begun to sag and perhaps widen, and God forbid the power goes out for more than, let's say 2 hours. It would be like "Cheers." where everybody knows your name, but half of us are stoned or drunk, and the other half are actually ignoring you. By that time you also realize your pale white ass actually has alot of fun hanging out with people who may not make sense, or piss you off, but hey...They're Coachella people, and that seals the deal. Happy 1000 posts and welcome to the circus! :)-

fatbastard
06-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Do they still make Meister Brau and Lowebrau?

Meister Brau - No

Lowebrau - Yes

Young blood
06-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Bum wine like woah!

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Actually 1000 posts is a milestone, Hopeless...It's like coming and stepping through a doorway to a new life. Now that you've had a taste and liked it, by the time you hit 2000, you'll realize you wake each day to the board instead of an alarm, your butt has begun to sag and perhaps widen, and God forbid the power goes out for more than, let's say 2 hours. It would be like "Cheers." where everybody knows your name, but half of us are stoned or drunk, and the other half are actually ignoring you. By that time you also realize your pale white ass actually has alot of fun hanging out with people who may not make sense, or piss you off, but hey...They're Coachella people, and that seals the deal. Happy 1000 posts and welcome to the circus! :)-

Thank you, Broken.

Though, I'm far from being pale or white :)

locachica73
06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Thank you, Broken.

Though, I'm far from being pale or white :)

congrats on your 1000+ posts. I missed the mile stone because I was in a drug induced sleep. But YAY YOU!!!

Young blood
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
totally awesome dudez 1000 way to go. I love you. white lol.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 08:55 AM
congrats on your 1000+ posts. I missed the mile stone because I was in a drug induced sleep. But YAY YOU!!!

Is it safe to say that the majority of the posters here are a) either on some type of drug b) some type of beer/alcohol or c) part of a S & M relationship in order to achieve adequate sleep these days?

locachica73
06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Is it safe to say that the majority of the posters here are a) either on some type of drug b) some type of beer/alcohol or c) part of a S & M relationship in order to achieve adequate sleep these days?

LOL I would say that is a safe assumption. So if your taking your sleeping pills with beer while dressed in all leather and searching for the whip does that make you an over acheiver?

Young blood
06-24-2008, 08:59 AM
L.O.L! OMG!

Young blood
06-24-2008, 09:01 AM
lol.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I think Young's being a bit stingy on the narcotics. Stop being greedy and pass to the needy! LOL LOL LOL

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Anyhoo, does anyone do the Tabasco in their Mexican beer thing here? I've never gotten the concept but a buddy of mine swears by it. Now, I love hot sauce but in a beer?

locachica73
06-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyhoo, does anyone do the Tabasco in their Mexican beer thing here? I've never gotten the concept but a buddy of mine swears by it. Now, I love hot sauce but in a beer?

I don't get that either. Or the clamato/V8 in beer. If you want a bloody mary do the vodka, not with beer. It is suppose to be good for hangovers but it just grosses me out a little.

jigsaw
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I thought that tomato juice in beer was for alcholics. I thought they poured that shit in there to dilute the brew so they dont get as plastered.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I thought that tomato juice in beer was for alcholics. I thought they poured that shit in there to dilute the brew so they dont get as plastered.

I've heard that too. Although, I know this movement is something quasi-retarded that I see happen in the trendy nutsack clubs that are around the L.A. area.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 09:21 AM
TUSSIN IN MY BEERZ!

Crunks.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
yummay! LOL!

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Dosin on some scizzzzurp.

jigsaw
06-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I've heard that too. Although, I know this movement is something quasi-retarded that I see happen in the trendy nutsack clubs that are around the L.A. area.

My aunt owns a bar in Montana and it is hicksville USA. Anyways thats what a lot of the drunk cowboys drink. I actually think the bartenders started to serve it up to the people that would just get way too wasted at like 10am.

locachica73
06-24-2008, 09:28 AM
I know alot of midwesterners do it and call it red beer. but then again I have heard of people pouring beer over their cheerios. if I ever get to that point I will be ready to check myself into betty ford. The closest I have come is boiling brautwurst in heineken before grilling them. But that is just YUMMY.

Newro7ic
06-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I know alot of midwesterners do it and call it red beer. but then again I have heard of people pouring beer over their cheerios. if I ever get to that point I will be ready to check myself into betty ford. The closest I have come is boiling brautwurst in heineken before grilling them. But that is just YUMMY.

Brauts taste better soaked in Guinness. Heineken tastes like piss, especially when warm... why would you want your Brauts to taste like piss?

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Is that what the brauts were soaking in last time, New?

locachica73
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Brauts taste better soaked in Guinness. Heineken tastes like piss, especially when warm... why would you want your Brauts to taste like piss?

I will have to give it a try with the Guinness. I don't drink the beer after boiling them though so I am not sure about the tasting like piss thing. I just know it makes the brauts nice and juicy and yummy.

I have also done the beer can chicken, which too is very yummy.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 09:45 AM
mmmm nummy.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I will have to give it a try with the Guinness. I don't drink the beer after boiling them though so I am not sure about the tasting like piss thing. I just know it makes the brauts nice and juicy and yummy.

I have also done the beer can chicken, which too is very yummy.

I have had the Guiness-soaked brats and they're really good, Loca. I've also done the beer battered fish n' chips using bass and/or Guiness and they've come out golden. HMMM

locachica73
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
ok damnit now i am hungry and thirsty!!! i wish we still lived in the day and age of beer lunches. but i need my job too much in order to buy my beer so losing my job over beer would be a bad thing.

I do have some brauts at home though so I am thinking I may have to pick up some guinness on the way home for some taste testing.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 10:07 AM
It would be awesome to be able to have any kind of drink during lunch, but none of my past 2 jobs have allowed me to do so. Darn work.

locachica73
06-24-2008, 10:18 AM
My company has what we call "Board Meetings". The last friday of every month we shut the office down at 4, we get a bunch of beer and put it on ice and then snacks and we all sit around and drink while bullshitting with each other. One of the many perks of working in Construction, drinking beer is damn near a requirement.

marooko
06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
i dont feel so well. i think i might have a rolling rock. right now!!

locachica73
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I have never quite gotten the rolling rock thing. I tried one and it just didn't taste good to me. but the guys here at work love them.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
yummy.

HunterGather
06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I love me some Miller light.
I like Heinekin, but I discovered that I drink them like water back to back and quickly, so the end result isn't very physically settling.

Close 2nds: Bud Light and Old English malt liquor :)

I hate any hard liquor and stuff of this nature. You understand.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 11:15 AM
red drink mixed with some of ur babys ear meds will fuck up ur lyfe.

HunterGather
06-24-2008, 11:20 AM
A friend one time bought be a drink at a bar called a "Blue Motorcycle".

Shit fucked me up a little tooo fast, so I had to wait for the ice cubes to melt to water it down a little.

Newro7ic
06-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Is that what the brauts were soaking in last time, New?

Yeah. We dumped them in a tub full of Guinness for about an 1-2 hours to let them marinate. Simple and tasty.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
yummy.

marooko
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I have never quite gotten the rolling rock thing. I tried one and it just didn't taste good to me. but the guys here at work love them.

i like rolling rock for a good fresh taste. its not a very flavorful beer, but it hits the spot on a hot day.

locachica73
06-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah lighter beers tend to be alot more enjoyable in the heat. This is why I keep a case of Heini light in my fridge. I may have to give the rolling rock another shot since it seems to be a favorite of so many people, maybe I just got a skunky one or something.

I got a bit too drunk Sunday, in between bloody marys and pitchers of amber bock, so when I woke up late for work on Monday I told myself I was going to not drink for a week. I am now rethinking that.

marooko
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
try it again, but dont force it. i didnt like sierra nevada when i first tried it. few months later i thought, lets give it a shot again. now i really dig it.