PDA

View Full Version : The Beer Gardens

Pages : 1 [2] 3

locachica73
06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah sometimes beer does that. It's funny, I have always enjoyed beer but use to only drink lighter beer. Then I had a Hefe and loved it so much that I started expanding my choices and worked my way up to darker beers. My sister who is 40 next month would never touch beer. We would often go to concerts and they would only serve beer and like mikes hard lemonade. They always ran out of the Mikes so she would have to not drink. So 2 years ago we were in Hawaii and everyone but her loved beer so we went to the Kona microbrewery in Honalulu. She was of course thumbing her nose at our beer. I got one of the sampler trays of all their beer and talked her into trying the Hefe. She has been hooked ever since. Now she drinks black and tans, guinness and any other kind of dark beer we put in front of her. It is kind of like wine, you start out with the lighter and work your way to dark.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I have never quite gotten the rolling rock thing. I tried one and it just didn't taste good to me. but the guys here at work love them.

Rolling Rock = Official Beer to Drink during The Deer Hunter.

locachica73
06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
OK well I have never seen The Deer Hunter then so I guess I am safe.

I am looking forward to a nice frosty beverage in about 1.5 hours and a tasty braut.

Wheres the beef?
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
My Fav's:

Newcastle
Guiness
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Lostcoast Great White Ale
Hoegarten
Anything brewed by myself
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
Negro Modelo

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
What have you blended Kingsblend?

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone into Red Hook or Red Stripe?

locachica73
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
There is a bar that I go to occasionally that has $2 red stripes all the time. I actually enjoyed them, enjoyed them even more at $2 each lol.

Have you had Killians Red? One of the places I hang out at doesnt have Amber Bock in pitchers so I drink the Killians instead. I am not a huge fan but it beats drinking Bud or Coors.

Pixiessp
06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Pixie. You're on your way to a grand too! Will you muster up the effort to reach Old School status?

it could happen tonite!! oh the possibilities.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
There is a bar that I go to occasionally that has $2 red stripes all the time. I actually enjoyed them, enjoyed them even more at $2 each lol.

Have you had Killians Red? One of the places I hang out at doesnt have Amber Bock in pitchers so I drink the Killians instead. I am not a huge fan but it beats drinking Bud or Coors.

I'm not a big fan of Killian's. It seems to leave an aftertaste that I find rather unattractive and repulsive. I guess, though, that's an unfair assessment because I usually will not indulge in Killian's until there's nothing left in the ice chest or I am wasted to the point everything taste bitter.

picks up chair
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
First time I had Fat Tire I was visiting my parents. We were at a hotel and I had a beer with my dad in the lobby bar, where he suggested Fat Tire (tap) since I hadn't had it before. It smelled and tasted like the most rotton, dead fish, gym sock, crap you can imagine. I tried not to show that I thought it was horrible for a while. Turns out the whole keg was bad. I'm still hesitant to get it but it's obviously tasted fine since then. Point is, bad Fat Tire is REALLY bad.

If you're ever in KC try to reserve a tour at the Boulevard Brewery. I haven't gone since they increased from 2 vats to 5, but I'm sure that only adds to the tour if it's still an option. They've got a great wheat beer and a few other nice crafts like pale ale and stout. I'd compare the wheat to Blue Moon but without the slight tangy-ness from both the beer and the obligatory orange that I hate. The orange, not the Moon. I love the Moon.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
I prefer the orange in my Blue Moon. It is the only thing that helps me tolerate it. Not a big fan of Blue Moon, but it was the beer I chose to drink for the Coachella weekend and it pretty much made me bitter. Anyhow, I'm about to go buy a Steel Reserve haha.

BROKENDOLL
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey, Kids, I've never bartended at a place that has large choices of imports, but I would venture to say that unless it's a place like say, The Yardhouse, or Beer Hunter, where they are always busy and turn over cases regularly, you could be sampling stale/skunky brew. (Bummer) I might be wrong, but I believe the Bud products are the only ones that get anal about that born on date you see on the bottle. They will literally send a sales rep in to check for the dates, and any over due get tossed. They aren't even supposed to give it away. I'm not familiar with alot of these beers you mention, but the rarer ones could very well be kinda old.

picks up chair
06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
True. True.

Hopeless Semantic
06-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey, Kids, I've never bartended at a place that has large choices of imports, but I would venture to say that unless it's a place like say, The Yardhouse, or Beer Hunter, where they are always busy and turn over cases regularly, you could be sampling stale/skunky brew. (Bummer) I might be wrong, but I believe the Bud products are the only ones that get anal about that born on date you see on the bottle. They will literally send a sales rep in to check for the dates, and any over due get tossed. They aren't even supposed to give it away. I'm not familiar with alot of these beers you mention, but the rarer ones could very well be kinda old.

I guess you have to be located near an enclave of the diverse beer drinkers to have the highest rate of turnover when it comes to small brews and lesser-known brands. I know Yardhouse has to put beers out because of slow rotation, so you really have to have the capital to venture out and be risque. Most dive bars cannot sustain such a fluid array of beer and go with what they know.

traviscanada
06-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Steamwhistle pilsner.

Wheres the beef?
06-25-2008, 12:11 AM
What have you blended Kingsblend?

Uh just some stuff from a starter kit. I'm trying to upgrade my setup to start brewing with real hops and extracts then I can get into basically brewing any kind of beer I want. But, to answer your question, some pale ale, wheat, and some german lager or something I forget what it was.

Wheres the beef?
06-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I also forgot:

Sapporo
Kirin

(draft only)

HEADSTRUCK
06-25-2008, 07:11 AM
BEER

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.newportstorm.com/images/beers/2007/blueberryLabel.gif

I tried this before, it's pretty good even though it is a blueberry ale.

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
B E E R

I am not sure which is best?

1. Beer can between titties?
2. Girl drinking from botlle?
3. Beer between girls thighs?

thank you and good morning.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
all three...jigsaw...all three.

locachica73
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Alot of the specialty brews are ordered in 1/4 and 1/2 kegs so they don't sit to long. We have a quarterly party at work for our subcontractors, most of them are miller light and bud light fans. But we always get a 1/2 keg of something for the more selective beer drinkers. Funny thing though the darker beer always runs out first and we always have a shitload of bud and miller light left over.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
- would probably fall into the selective beer drinkers when you have bud light and miller light as options. I'd manage with Bud Light but if I had my choice it would be the dark beer. Invite next time Loca haha.

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
For sure if there are options I will always go for broke.

You guys should get a keg of New Castle. That will have muthafuckers going crazy by the time its tapped out. Could be really fun to see how some coworkers act when they are blacked out, hopefully no fights. ehehehehehe

locachica73
06-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I work for a general contractor, they are all seasoned drinkers. It takes a lot to get any of them to black out. Although there has been a time or two that one of my bosses passed out in the back of my car while I was driving him home, oh and then one time after the FBR open he was riding with me and it was a long walk to the car so he decided to get into an altercation with a police officer on a horse because the guy wouldnt give us a ride on the horse to our car.

They are mostly midwestern boys because our home office is out of Iowa and the two big construction schools are Iowa State and Purdue so Miller and Bud are the beers of choice it seems. And nascar is the sport of choice.

locachica73
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
- would probably fall into the selective beer drinkers when you have bud light and miller light as options. I'd manage with Bud Light but if I had my choice it would be the dark beer. Invite next time Loca haha.

Anytime!!! Just tell em you work for the electrician, those boys can DRINK!!!

samiksha
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
I can't stand Sierra Nevada. I don't know why, but it doesn't hit my pallate like it does for so many beer afficionados.

i didnt like it at first, kinda grew on me.

hi thread. i'm no beer aficionado but i had sierra nevada last night for the first time and i seriously thought someone was trying to poison me.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I've been away from my computer for a few days and a Beer thread pops up. I've got some work ahead of me.

One of my favorite places to go is The Yard House because they have 200 kinds of beer on tap. You can get anything from PBR to some stuff I have never heard of. My favorite that they serve though is the Rogue Hazelnut Brown. It is oh so tasty. Everytime I go there I always say I am going to try something new and always end up getting the same thing. Some stores do carry it in bottles as well so if you ever run across it I highly recommend it.

Hazelnut Brown is quite probably my favorite beer on tap of all time. It tastes so perfect, so smooth and complex at the same time. I tend to prefer dark, heavy beers, but that one can always pick me up. Whenever I was having a bad day, I'd go on down to Father's Office in Brentwood for a pint, and that would make things look up. It tastes like happy.

I love flavorful beers but for some reason I can not choke down an IPA. I have tried and they are just way too hoppy flavored for my liking. I like browns and porters mostly. But once in awhile, when it is 108 degrees outside I will go for a lighter beer like a Hefe or a Cider. Hornsby does a cider ale that is pretty tasty if you want something to sip on at home. I prefer to drink beer on tap but until I can figure out how to turn my fridge into a kegerator I am going to have to drink out of bottles. One of my big pet peaves though is when going to a bar/restaraunt and you order a beer that is not on draft, they always ask me if I want a glass with it. I am assuming it is because I am a girl and they think girls should be dainty and drink out of glasses? But the bottle is glass so why dirty another glass?

First, some IPAs don't overdo the hop flavor. Anderson Valley has a really great one that uses floral hops to create a bitter yet flowery flavor that's really interesting and very drinkable. I'm growing to love IPAs because the subtle hop differences can distinguish the beers. They definitely take time.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but if you have a beer, drink it in a glass. The bottle doesn't give you the full odor, so you don't get the full breadth of flavor from your brew. Sometimes, like with Miller and Coors, I would reverse this rule and say keep that shit in the bottle so you don't have to smell the putrid brew held within. Those beers turn my stomach.

i'm totally girly then because i love the glass with a bottle of beer at a restaurant, especially if the glass has been chilled :)

i don't know why, but it's better!!!

I agree with the glass, but chilling it can really neutralize quite a bit of the flavor. With a lager it tends to be okay, but anything with complex hops or malts in it will lose quite a bit of the nose and head on it once it's been chilled. It's weird, but I've noted that quite a few times. It's saddening too, because I love the chilled glass

Kona Longboards are a Lager and are quite tasty. I know they sell them at some specialty beer stores around here, they are pretty popular.

Definitely my favorite lager. It's got a more rich and complex flavor than I would expect from one.

I prefer the orange in my Blue Moon. It is the only thing that helps me tolerate it. Not a big fan of Blue Moon, but it was the beer I chose to drink for the Coachella weekend and it pretty much made me bitter. Anyhow, I'm about to go buy a Steel Reserve haha.

Blue Moon is one of the more tolerable Hefs for me. I'm not a fan of the wheaty flavor usually, but they mask it with the fruit, so it doesn't taste so strange. I'm trying to break that taste aversion. I had some Paulaner Hefeweizen recently, and it wasn't bad. There were some interesting spicy flavors underneath the warm, wheaty head. Interesting, though I'm not sure if I liked it.

hi thread. i'm no beer aficionado but i had sierra nevada last night for the first time and i seriously thought someone was trying to poison me.

Hahaha. I know that feeling. The first time I tried drinking something similar to a craft brew, it was quite a shock. I think that Great White may be the easiest of the craft brews to try. It's got a nice citrusy body and is very drinkable.

For anyone who likes the buttery, biscuity malt flavor of Fat Tire but is tired of the weird hangover and strange flavors that come with it, try out Chamberlain Pale Ale from Shipyard brewery.
http://www.shipyard.com/images/chambpack.jpg
Really good, very smooth yet slightly hoppy. I was a big fan when I tried it.

And, I've mentioned this before, but while living with my roommate who was a beer connoisseur as well, we devised the idea of creating a beer wall to document what we had tried. The rules were that you could only put up a six pack that one of us had drunk, that we couldn't duplicate 6 packs, and that things like bud, pbr, coors and whatnot weren't allowed. Here are the final two pictures of beer wall (It grew too large to be adequately contained in one image).

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/141/77/2544120/n2544120_40242550_387.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/141/77/2544120/n2544120_40242551_666.jpg

locachica73
06-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you for your input and photos, I dig the beer wall. Whenever we travel we try whatever brew pubs are in the area and we make sure to buy a beer glass from each of the best beers we enjoyed from each location. Oh and we take a bunch of their beer glass coasters off the table and have made a collage (sp?) out of them. I will have to get a picture of it.

I am now going to search for the Chamberlain Pale Ale.

Young blood
06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
My favorites....Duvel from the tap. Most of stone brewery's selection. Barman Pils from Coors, its what all Coors should actually taste like but they wanted to go commercial with it so they changed the recipe. Any Saison from the tap, its a hard to come by beer but I loves it.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 11:37 AM
J, where can you get this Barman Pils? I'm intrigued.

Also, if anyone is ever north of San Diego, go to the Stone Brewery. It's Willy Wonka's Factory for adults, and they give a free tour with tasting afterwards. Plus, the food there is great.

Young blood
06-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Its very limited release in keg form. Only 2 or 3 bars in Colorado carry it. A buddy of mine who works at Coors introduced me to it. I think bars have to special order it from the brewery. Its fantastic.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome Bmack!

We all appreciate your expertise on the beer matter and your recommendations and pictures are way too cool. I am not at all an expert nor claim to be, so any added information and remarks are awesome. We want this thread to be welcoming for all. I think we all benefit when we appreciate each other's opinion. I mean, c'mon it's beer! Woohooo.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Its very limited release in keg form. Only 2 or 3 bars in Colorado carry it. A buddy of mine who works at Coors introduced me to it. I think bars have to special order it from the brewery. Its fantastic.

Sounds good. I'm not a huge pilsner fan, but if I get one that grabs my attention--I'll probably cull it into a personal favorite.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
In terms of quality across all lines, Samuel Smith Brewery hits the nail on the head. They sell one of the only Pilsners I've ever enjoyed. They mostly do 22s, with the occasional 4 Pack. Their Taddy Porter is one of the most delicious beers you'll ever try.

My goal in the next few years is to start home brewing. I want to really know the ins and outs of what develops the flavors in my beers.

Young blood
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Home brewing is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but to be fair at the time I was smoking a lot of pot and didn't follow directions too closely. Also the beer wort will fuck up the smell of your house. Thank god I was renting at the time.

This is one of the highlights of my year...

http://www.beertown.org/events/GABF/

its been discussed before. Drinking teams from all over the country and world come in to participate in the spectacle. Its the closet I can come to octubien fest in Germany without leaving my state.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
That looks pretty spectacular.

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

That one is 30 minutes from my parents' house, so I go to it every year, and it's a blast.

Today I bought 22s of Mammoth Brewery's 395 Double IPA, their Barleywine and a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale. The Barleywine should be really interesting.

full on idle
06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
In terms of quality across all lines, Samuel Smith Brewery hits the nail on the head. They sell one of the only Pilsners I've ever enjoyed. They mostly do 22s, with the occasional 4 Pack. Their Taddy Porter is one of the most delicious beers you'll ever try.

My goal in the next few years is to start home brewing. I want to really know the ins and outs of what develops the flavors in my beers.

The Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale is fucking delicious. I want it NOW.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Dear god yes it is. I absolutely adore that beer.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Bmack, where do you usually go to find a good selection of beer?

bmack86
06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
When I'm in LA it tends to be BevMo if I'm going to a liquor store, and either Fathers Office or the Daily Pint if I'm going to a bar. I'm spending the summer at my parents' house, and there's a small grocer that stocks microbrews, so I go there when I'm up here, and there's a local brewery (Mammoth) that kicks ass, so I go up there for beer on tap.

Hopeless Semantic
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I guess I'm going to have to make a BevMo run sometime before the 4th and 5th of July. There's nothing really good around my area so, maybe I'll have to travel outside the circle.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 08:24 PM
yeah, we always had to when we wanted some BevMo loving, but it was worth it. The one on Santa Monica blvd has an excellent selection, too, so that was always nice.

locachica73
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I have also found that organic grocery stores always have an incredible beer selection.

Pixiessp
06-25-2008, 09:17 PM
All I have in my fridge right now is a Full Sail IPA beer. i do not like IPA's.
A Pacifico would be pleasant right now.

fatbastard
06-26-2008, 05:36 AM
I love BevMo.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 07:50 AM
BevMo is the only store I'd consider going gay for lol. I heart BevMo.

miscorrections
06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
BevMo is the shit. As soon as I'm 21 I am going to make a thorough case study of their beer selection.

Young blood
06-26-2008, 07:59 AM
nevermind google is my friend.

In 2 weeks we can finally buy alcohol on Sundays.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 08:10 AM

In 2 weeks we can finally buy alcohol on Sundays.

Where are you located Young B?

BROKENDOLL
06-26-2008, 08:46 AM

In 2 weeks we can finally buy alcohol on Sundays. Well, so much for the collection plate.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Well, so much for the collection plate.

I'd pay for some of the wine they serve. That stuff is potent. How do you think the Catholic church got away with all that tomfoolery.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Tonight is poker night at the local bar I go to. I am going to have to drink some frosty cold beers. I am getting tired of amber bock though and am not really fond of any of their other draft choices. They have Guinness in a bottle but it just is not as good as on draft. I have been hearing alot of people talk about how they love the Bud Lights with lime. I have not tried it and typically I am very anti bud light, but with the heat and all it almost sounds refreshing. Have any of you tried it?

gratytrainridesagain
06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I should really learn to not drink so much the night before my birthday and more so waited til today but oh well I'm off to go on my yearly weekend birthday bender

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I should really learn to not drink so much the night before my birthday and more so waited til today but oh well I'm off to go on my yearly weekend birthday bender

I think that as adults, since we typically don't get the big birthday party with pinata's and cake and clowns we should be rewarded with a week long birthday celebration of drinking and fun.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I think that as adults, since we typically don't get the big birthday party with pinata's and cake and clowns we should be rewarded with a week long birthday celebration of drinking and fun.

So you don't want the burro pinata and the clown now? I wish you'd tell me before I pre-ordered them. Sheesh.

gratytrainridesagain
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM

exactly that's why I get my one weekend a year where I go all out speaking of which I'm off to go do that now I'll try and remember all the beers I have but very doubtful

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
exactly that's why I get my one weekend a year where I go all out speaking of which I'm off to go do that now I'll try and remember all the beers I have but very doubtful

Have fun, Graty!

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:13 PM
So you don't want the burro pinata and the clown now? I wish you'd tell me before I pre-ordered them. Sheesh.

well actually i have a fear of clowns. you dont know me at all *sniff sniff*.

:)

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Lol I am still learning about you loca--give me some time haha. So xinay on the ownclay!

Mariachi is cool though, right?

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
hell yeah, and if i get enough drinks in me I will even do a mexican hat dance!!!

Newro7ic
06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh noes. Not a mexican hat dance.

Just to stick with the topic, I tried a Black and Blue for the first time last night. Not bad.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
What happened to the slowing down? Lol.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
I have slowed down, I havent had a beer since.... ummm.... Sunday. LOL

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I have slowed down, I havent had a beer since.... ummm.... Sunday. LOL

I had a red stripe on Sunday...and before that? I think the last time I drank was the day before that. A couple snakebites I think?

locachica73
06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I drank way too much Sunday so I cut myself off for a few days. But tonight is the monthly tournament and since I won the weekly I get a chance at the monthly, and if I win tonight I play in the quarterly tourney at casino arizona for up to $20,000. Which would buy me alot of beer, in fact maybe my own Kegerator for my kitchen. And heaven forbid I should play poker without a frosty beverage sitting in front of me. It would make the other annoying drunks at the table twice as annoying. lol

marooko
06-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Loca, we have to have a beer next year. you're awesome.

also, im gonna be chillin in here later on, maybe even in the drunk thread. the Vet put a fucking hurtin on me.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Loca, we have to have a beer next year. you're awesome.

also, im gonna be chillin in here later on, maybe even in the drunk thread. the Vet put a fucking hurtin on me.

Hell Yeah!!! I am always looking for Beer drinking buddies.

bmack86
06-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I had Mammoth Brewery's Charleywine tonight. I figured, since it's 10%, that it was a Barley Wine, and, while that may be the case, it tasted nothing like one. The flavor was very smooth, none too alcoholic, and full of rich malts and subtle, spicy hops. It was a very impressive brew, and I will most definitely have it again.

I also have had a 22 of Raspberry Cider from a friend's brew, and a Firestone pale. The Firestone had surprisingly aromatic hops for such a mass-produced brew. I don't remember ever having enjoyed it, but this one was good.

algunz
06-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I really enjoy Mammoth's beer. bmack, do you know where the brewery is?

Pixiessp
06-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Tonight is poker night at the local bar I go to. I am going to have to drink some frosty cold beers. I am getting tired of amber bock though and am not really fond of any of their other draft choices. They have Guinness in a bottle but it just is not as good as on draft. I have been hearing alot of people talk about how they love the Bud Lights with lime. I have not tried it and typically I am very anti bud light, but with the heat and all it almost sounds refreshing. Have any of you tried it?

I have tried the bud light lime beer and I guess it's ok. it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Pacifico.damn.....beer is so expensive right now. i am beer free at the moment.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I had a bud light with lime tonight, they were only $1.50 so I gave it a try, not bad, kind of refreshing in the heat of the day. But nothing I would drink often. I have found that I can not seem to get a buzz from any bud light/coors light type beers. They supposedly have the same alcohol content but darker beer just tastes better and seems to be stronger, I am sure though that it is just a mental thing.

Have you ever had a beer called Moose Drool? I tried that tonight and it was very tasty. It is brewed in Montana but they have it here at some of the bars i go to.

Pixiessp
06-27-2008, 12:40 AM
I really wish I had a beer right now. Too fattening and I am trying to get into bikini form. Maybe a light one tomorrow. Any suggestions Loca?

locachica73
06-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Heini light is the only light beer i drink on a regular basis. Oh and Michalob did come out with an amber that is low in carbs and calories, like the Michalob Ultra but just a bit darker. I had it a few times and it was not bad at all. And even though this is the beer thread... I will mention that vodka and club soda with a squeeze of lime is always a refreshing alternative and very low in calories and carbs.

Pixiessp
06-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Heini light it is. Drank that at the coach.it was very refreshing.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
yeah i have become quite a fan. I like that it has alot of flavor even though it is a lighter beer. but i still cant drink the straight heini. Way too skunky.

MiamiNate
06-27-2008, 06:06 AM
http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/product/images/rogue_10000.JPG

this is the best thing I've had as of late. It's not a style of beer, it is a whole new thang. Very good but expensive.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 06:42 AM
http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/product/images/rogue_10000.JPG

this is the best thing I've had as of late. It's not a style of beer, it is a whole new thang. Very good but expensive.

You can never go wrong with Rogue. I went to their microbrewery in Portland a couple years ago. Cool little place and great food. But I would love to visit the bigger brewery someday.

jigsaw
06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
tonight bitches i'm drinking beer

bmack86
06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
I really enjoy Mammoth's beer. bmack, do you know where the brewery is?

It's in Whiskey Creek in Mammoth, up on the second floor. It's a really small place, they only have one tiny room dedicated to it, but they get some awesome brews out of that.

That Rogue is probably amazing. I've not yet seen it, but when I do, it's on my list of things to drink. I have a 6-pack of Butte Creek in the fridge right now.

Hopeless Semantic
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I think we should rename this thread to the BMack thread because I've been slacking in the beer department lol.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I think I might stop by Sunflower Market on the way home and check the mighty wall of beer to see if they have that Rogue there. I need to treat myself to something tasty. Heini Light just doesnt sound appealing tonight.

algunz
06-27-2008, 10:37 PM
It's in Whiskey Creek in Mammoth, up on the second floor. It's a really small place, they only have one tiny room dedicated to it, but they get some awesome brews out of that.

Wow! How come they don't advertise it? Can you go up there and taste the beers? Are they tryin' to keep it on the DL? We ate there just this winter. I would have never known there was a top notch brewer upstairs.

bmack86
06-28-2008, 10:51 AM
They have all the beers on tap, but they don't advertise it for some reason. I guess they like keeping it mostly a local's brewery, especially during the winter. It's never as crowded as it would be, but they're always making enough money.

algunz
06-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Now that I have the inside scoop I will definitely take advantage. One among many things to look forward to going back to Mammoth.

MiamiNate
06-29-2008, 04:00 AM
You can never go wrong with Rogue. I went to their microbrewery in Portland a couple years ago. Cool little place and great food. But I would love to visit the bigger brewery someday.

I went to the same set up they have in san francisco. Very good food and more rogue than I could shake a fist at. I reccomend the imperial red ale on draft.

bmack86
06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Woah, they have a brewhouse in San Francisco? Where is it?

locachica73
06-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Woah, they have a brewhouse in San Francisco? Where is it?

http://www.rogue.com/locations-sanfran.html

Yet another reason for me to make a trip to San Francisco this year.

locachica73
06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I went to the same set up they have in san francisco. Very good food and more rogue than I could shake a fist at. I reccomend the imperial red ale on draft.

When I was up at the one in portland they had run out of the hazelnut brown which is my favorite, but we tried a few others and if I remember right the imperial red was my favorite. They also have a pretty good stout.

Also if you ever run across The Ram Brewery I highly recommend the Total Disorder Porter. We went to the one up in Lake Oswego, Oregon but they have several other locations throughout OR, WA, ID, IL and IN.

Hopeless Semantic
06-29-2008, 10:16 AM
The all-you-can-drink beer gardens @ EDC was not too shabby. They were mostly Miller products, but the caveat was the fact they had Peroni up until the point I stopped drinking and everything, well, you know.

bmack86
06-29-2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.rogue.com/locations-sanfran.html

Yet another reason for me to make a trip to San Francisco this year.

DAMMIT.

I was in the city last weekend, and we went bar hopping right around that area.

ThomThom
06-29-2008, 04:28 PM
It's really hot where my parents live, I am relaxing watching some of the Glasto sets and I would love a nice cold summer beer, any recommendations? Oh by the way, my parents have 2 supermarkets near them and that's about it. Any help is much appreciated.

Pixiessp
06-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm gonna have a Pacifico. I don't seem to branch out much but I sure like reading about all the cool beers.

fatbastard
06-29-2008, 06:56 PM
The wife brought home a six pack of Trader Joe's hefeweizen right now. I'm going to the kitchen to cook some brauts and fry up some onions.

MiamiNate
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh, on the Anchor Steam Brewery Tour, I did that too when I was in san fran after Coachella. It's a 30 minute tour, then you go back to their bar and you can try all of their beers, as much of them as you want. Oh, its free, you just need to make a reservation.
That's right, as much free beer as you want.

marooko
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
damn fatbastard, everytime i see your sig i freaking want one.

Hopeless Semantic
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm gonna try the Fatbastard mix this weekend...along with some kind of beer...I know this weekend there will be some consumption, so go out there and have fun--but remember now, use your earpieces when you're drunk so it looks like you're talking to someone on the phone and not being inebriated lol.

locachica73
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
My sister bought a 24 pack of Pacifico's with some limes. I am making Ceviche and we are going to have a pool party. YAY beer.

OutOfmYminD
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Sierra Nevada's summer brew is allright if you like Sierra Nevada. Tastes almost identicle except a bit lighter. I usually like the mexican variety with a little bit of lime during the warmer months, course that describes practically 75% of the year here in socal but whatever.. Turtle Beer 4tw!

algunz
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Just settling down to a case of Fat Tire. New Belgium is always an easy, happy stand-by.

Happy 4th of Julio.

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Just woke up from a nap. I just poured a Wailua (Wheat ale brewed with passion fruit) from Kona. Nice and cool in the house.

Pixiessp
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
the drinking starts at midnight for me. I waited Algunz. just like you told me too. I am a good student.

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I just completed 3 "Stone" India Pale Ales. Too hoppy for me.

ThomThom
07-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Henry, next time you decide to sit at home and have beers you better invite me, I'll buy all the beer. Deal?

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Deal. Wait till you see what I make for the BBQ.

ThomThom
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Deal. Wait till you see what I make for the BBQ.

You fucker, your like the rat in Ratatouille. I'm sure it will be fantastic. Broadway bar on Friday night... Your in right?

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you going to Yaz? My tickets are for Thursday.

I'm thinking about flying to SF next month for Beck and taking the latino car service back.

ThomThom
07-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Are you going to Yaz? My tickets are for Thursday.

I'm thinking about flying to SF next month for Beck and taking the latino car service back.

Your ticket is for Thursday? Fuck henry, Jen (captncrazy) will be in town for their show on Friday night and we will be meeting for drinks after. I was hoping you would also be there. The flight to SF and the latino service back is actually a really good idea, I was going to do the same thing but my meeting that morning was moved so I ended up getting the whole day off... Still sounds like a good idea though.

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Friday sounds good. Why not.

Shit. Dodger game Wednesday, Yaz Thursday, and Lipizzaner Stallions on Saturday. Busy week.

ThomThom
07-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Friday sounds good. Why not.

Shit. Dodger game Wednesday, Yaz Thursday, and Lipizzaner Stallions on Saturday. Busy week.

The plan is Dan Deacon at The Getty, food, and then Broadway Bar. I will count you in for now Henry, don't fail me.

fatbastard
07-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm there for sure. They have a great soft serve machine.

ThomThom
07-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm there for sure. They have a great soft serve machine.

I will count on your recommendations for food, as I owe both you and Chris dinner.

Somewhat Damaged
07-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Fuckin' hell, this really is starting to get a little disconcerting. I thought you were Randy there for a moment, Sasha.

feather
07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Celebrating our Independence
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/summer%2008/bong.jpg

kitt kat
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
i just drank two bottles of red stripe i found in the pantry.

woooo

algunz
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
What were the messages on the bottle caps?

My beer of choice this evening was a couple of Negra Modelos. It's one of the few great, dark beers out of the bottle - smooth

Ok it was three, maybe four . . .

bakersfield
07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
If anyone has a Fresh & Easy Market nearby, check out Taurino Cerveza.
It was on sale for 5.99 a 12er & much better than expected.
Actually it was damn good in my pool in this 110+ AZ heat

feather
07-07-2008, 10:50 PM
One time in San Fran we picked up a 12 pk of this beer called "Sessions." It looked and tasted a lot like Red Stripe, but it was sweet because on the inside of each cap was a picture of either a Rock, Paper, or Scissor. So we dueled it out and whoever lost the draw had to chug their beer. I haven't seen them at any liquor stores down here though.

justinaqui
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
One time in San Fran we picked up a 12 pk of this beer called "Sessions." It looked and tasted a lot like Red Stripe, but it was sweet because on the inside of each cap was a picture of either a Rock, Paper, or Scissor. So we dueled it out and whoever lost the draw had to chug their beer. I haven't seen them at any liquor stores down here though.

awesome idea by the brewers. your idea for the game was pretty good too.

frozen pilgrim
07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
yeah, that's a pretty good game.

SFChrissy
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I take it you are all beer conasuers??? I'm not much of a beer drinker cause I just get too full...lately I've been a sucker for an ICE cold Miller High Life...i like the champagne of beers thing...

algunz
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
If I'm gonna slum it, I prefer La Bala de Plata.

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I take it you are all beer conasuers??? I'm not much of a beer drinker cause I just get too full...lately I've been a sucker for an ICE cold Miller High Life...i like the champagne of beers thing...

As bitch-like as it may be Miller Lite is the only miller product I can stand at all. I love ice cold Heiniken, maybe even with a little slush at the top.

Mmm...mmm delicious!

This is why I have no problem with Coachella.

feather
07-10-2008, 09:34 AM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/randoms/beeroftheweek.jpg

This is not beer, but it is my friends dad's new bar in Long Beach, and Jager is my favorite.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/randoms/darthvader.jpg

SFChrissy
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
As bitch-like as it may be Miller Lite is the only miller product I can stand at all. I love ice cold Heiniken, maybe even with a little slush at the top.

Mmm...mmm delicious!

This is why I have no problem with Coachella.that sounds delishhh but a warm heini is god awfulll I'm sorry to say...

Hopeless Semantic
07-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I think Feather should be the official spokesperson of Jager...

The last beer I drank was a Bud Light Lime and it wasn't all that bad. I mean, it was Bud Light so it wasn't going to impress anyone, but it did the trick to refresh and cut the edge off of last night.

feather
07-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Blue Moon the other night while watching some Radiohead dvds cut the edge for me.

Hopeless Semantic
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
It was my mission on Saturday to destroy the Blue Moon and I pretty much did. Along with a million other drinks and man...what a fun bday party.

feather
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I think Feather should be the official spokesperson of Jager...

I would love to. That featured bar, The Cellar is sponsored by Jagermeister. I want to get in on it.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Blue moon honey summer ale is fantastic.

Brasserie Dupont is one of the best beers I have ever had.

algunz
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm enjoying an Alaskan Summer Ale. My neighbor brought me a six pack. It's quite nice, so is my neighbor.

locachica73
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I had 3 pyramid hefe's tonight with lemon, they went down quite well in this heat.

Boourns
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Just settling down to a case of Fat Tire. New Belgium is always an easy, happy stand-by.

Happy 4th of Julio.

Fat Tire is hella refreshing after a day at the beach.

bmack86
07-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I've currently got a Hopfenweizen, a 6-pack of Rogue Mocha Porter and the remnants of six packs of Cinder Cone Red and Sierra Nevada Summerfest in the fridge. That Mocha Porter is a damn tasty brew.

bakersfield
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm enjoying an Alaskan Summer Ale. My neighbor brought me a six pack. It's quite nice, so is my neighbor.

Alaskan makes good brew!

feather
07-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Another 24oz of Blue Moon down...feels good.

algunz
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I've got a cool Eye of the Hawk beside me. MMmmm. . .

locachica73
07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I've currently got a Hopfenweizen, a 6-pack of Rogue Mocha Porter and the remnants of six packs of Cinder Cone Red and Sierra Nevada Summerfest in the fridge. That Mocha Porter is a damn tasty brew.

i am excited to try the rogue mocha porter. sounds soooo good.

Pixiessp
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM

enjoying a Sierra Nevada Summerfest at this very moment.
very tasty indeed.

Newro7ic
07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
i am excited to try the rogue mocha porter. sounds soooo good.

Too bad you're not drinking for a month.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Too bad you're not drinking for a month.

Yeah I know... Well 3 weeks to go now. Wonder if I can find anyplace that sells Rogue in Redondo. YEAH

Hopeless Semantic
07-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Trying to not drink for a month is probably the hardest undertaking I've ever had to accomplish. It is probably more wiser to attempt not to get hammered over the span of a month than it is to take a drink.

Newro7ic
07-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah I know... Well 3 weeks to go now. Wonder if I can find anyplace that sells Rogue in Redondo. YEAH

A bar, you mean? I don't know of any bars in Redondo. I know they exist, I've just never been.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Actually it hasn't been that bad so far. It has been a week and no big deal. Although last night playing poker around a bunch of people drinking was a little rough, but then when I woke up this morning not hung over it was nice. And hearing my girlfriend puking all night from the shots of sambuka and watching the way she was acting from a sober perspective... made it even easier.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
A bar, you mean? I don't know of any bars in Redondo. I know they exist, I've just never been.

Kilkennys on Redondo Pier is a blast, nice little Irish pub. They have live music on the weekends. Their beer selection leaves alot to be desired but they do have black and tans and snakebites so I am a happy girl.

Newro7ic
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Kilkennys on Redondo Pier is a blast, nice little Irish pub. They have live music on the weekends. Their beer selection leaves alot to be desired but they do have black and tans and snakebites so I am a happy girl.

I'm not sure Black and Tans are that rare in So. Cal. Most places have both on Tap.

Redondo is a little far for me to go party. I tend to stick closer to home, or go drink places where my friends live so I can crash at their pads if need be.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah you can get a black and tan just about anywhere these days, although my neighborhood bar doesn't carry guinness on tap. I also like the snakebites, which is guiness and pear cider but not everyone carries the cider either.

Luckily Kilkennys is a mile away from the hotel we stay at so it's a brisk walk or a cheap cab ride.

Hopeless Semantic
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
New's couch is an awesome place to crash, too.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:31 AM
My couch is covered in dog hair but if you all ever make it to phoenix I will of course vacuum it. lol

Newro7ic
07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I want a beer, now.

locachica73
07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
yeah me too, i should stay out of this thread.

feather
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Last night I tried the 1554 Enlightened Black Ale, it was spicy and not too heavy. We also discovered this Blueberry Lager at the local liquor store we go to. It is rather delicious/refreshing but not something you can drink a lot of...works well for my friends who don't like beer. Sometimes I worry about them.

feather
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/ale.jpg

algunz
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Yesterday I was at the Mission Viejo Lake with some friends and our kids. They don't let glass in and my friend brought Bud Light in a can. It's amazing how bad beer can be.

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah I can't do the beer out of a can thing. It either has to be out of a bottle or on tap which is my preferred method. I think I might have a couple beers tonight. Thank goodness for payday.

Newro7ic
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah I can't do the beer out of a can thing. It either has to be out of a bottle or on tap which is my preferred method. I think I might have a couple beers tonight. Thank goodness for payday.

So much for sobriety?

algunz
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
There are actually some good beers in cans these days. But OMG, Bud light is pure shite. I don't think I've tasted it since high school, and there's a reason for that.

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
LOL well I have come to the conclusion that I like beer. I don't have to get shitty, just have a couple beers. I have watched all of The L Word I can handle and poker online is just way to sad and depressing. At least at the bar I can see people who are more pathetic then me and have a tasty beer or two at the same time. I just won't be getting drunk.

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
There are actually some good beers in cans these days. But OMG, Bud light is pure shite. I don't think I've tasted it since high school, and there's a reason for that.

I have actually refused to go out with guys when I learned their favorite beer is bud light. I am a total beer snob. I have had Heini Light in a can when we went to the river, that wasn't too bad. But there is just something about the taste of the aluminum or the thought of it I guess. Not sure.

bmack86
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
The Russian Imperial Stout is viscous as all hell. I like dark, complex and flavorful beers, but goddamn, that one is almost too intense. I want to try it on tap, because I feel like that would let the flavors breathe more than the bottle.

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah I am more of a dark beer fan myself. Never had the Russian Imperial Stout though. I will have to see if I can find it. Although in the heat of the summer sometimes the darker beers are too heavy so I like a little lighter in the summer but nothing beats a nice heavy porter in the fall/winter.

algunz
07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
I bought some Alaskan Amber Ale after I really enjoyed their Summer Ale. Unfortunately, I'm not really enjoying it. I don't know what it is. I really like Amber beers, but this one I think is too malty and it has this weird sweet flavor to it. It's syrupy. Yuck.

bmack86
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm the other way with Alaskan. I dislike summer ales in general, and theirs is better than normal, but I love their Amber Ale. I love the malt in it.

And, Loca, Russian stouts are the darkest and most bitter of the dark beers, pretty much. They're the IPA of stouts.

algunz
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess I'll give the Ambers another chance today. There's still 3 left. It's not as if I will let them go to waste. : )

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
And, Loca, Russian stouts are the darkest and most bitter of the dark beers, pretty much. They're the IPA of stouts.

Ok then I will probably skip it, I can't do IPA's. I like all beer except IPA's and domestic shit. If you are ever up in Oregon or Northern Cali or even Colorado there is a beer called the Total Disorder Porter that is very good. I haven't found it anywhere in a bottle but I had it at the brewery and it was soooo good.

I do like the Alaskan Amber too on tap but had it out of the bottle once and wasn't as good.

Hopeless Semantic
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Speaking of Oregon, there was this one beer I tried it had Pond in its name. For the life of me, I cannot remember the first part. It was a Pale Ale and alright by that standard.

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Speaking of Oregon, there was this one beer I tried it had Pond in its name. For the life of me, I cannot remember the first part. It was a Pale Ale and alright by that standard.

Was it Mirror Pond? They have a pretty good beer selection. It is brewed in Deschutes Oregon.

Hopeless Semantic
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah, that's the beer. It wasn't one of my all-time favorites, but it did its job. They didn't have Hoegaarden, so I had to settle for that. Anyhow, it was manageable.

SFChrissy
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
I had some of this over the weekend...we went camping in gualala and hooked up with a pro skater that has a bunch of acres on the ridge in point arena with multiple indoor/outdoor skate ramps & bowls...I brought a couple of these and my kid who rips and now we have a ticket for life onto the grounds...SWEET!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/2507850030_15c5e497ec.jpg?v=0

locachica73
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that's the beer. It wasn't one of my all-time favorites, but it did its job. They didn't have Hoegaarden, so I had to settle for that. Anyhow, it was manageable.

mmmm hoegaarden!!! tasty summertime beer.

algunz
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Down in Ocean Beach I had a beer called Coronado something. Does anybody know about this brewer?

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 09:39 AM
2 Xs for the beer garden 09!!

algunz
08-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Not gonna happen. Heineken has too strong of a grasp, and if they were gonna change sponsorship it should go to New Belgium.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Whatever hits the head i guess. They should sell shots there too. They would make so much $$$$$.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Imagine the drunkenness that would happen if there were shots available.

thestripe
08-25-2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.bierkraft.com/ProductImages/lagunitasIPA12oz.jpg

I'm in love with this beer.

algunz
08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm just not an IPA girl - not much hop to my step. :) That bite sometimes is too overwhelming. I like maltier beers. I haven't had that one yet. I'll give it a try.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Imagine the drunkenness that would happen if there were shots available.

It would be amazing!! They should have Patron Silver. hmmmmm.... ill stay there and enjoy the sun down and a band in the main stage while the buzz is kicking in and getting ready for whats to come at night.

bmack86
08-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I had some Big Daddy IPA from the Speakeasy brewery in San Francisco this weekend. They have a huge hops head, and it's so good.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I can't do the IPA's either. I love darker beers but I do not like the hoppy flavor of the IPA, it gives me bitter beer face. I have found a new drink that is very tasty. If you get a darker beer like Amber Bock and drop a shot of Vanilla Stoli in it then it tastes like a vanilla porter and is ohhh so yummy.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
It would be amazing!! They should have Patron Silver. hmmmmm.... ill stay there and enjoy the sun down and a band in the main stage while the buzz is kicking in and getting ready for whats to come at night.

Make mine a shot of sambuka with my beer and I will be happy. Patron Silver is evil.

thestripe
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I had some Big Daddy IPA from the Speakeasy brewery in San Francisco this weekend. They have a huge hops head, and it's so good.

Sounds delicious and refreshing.

Pixiessp
08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
IPA's are not my faves either. Trouble is I've got 4 in my fridge that need to get consumed. Any takers?

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Make mine a shot of sambuka with my beer and I will be happy. Patron Silver is evil.

Evil?? lol why you say that?? a story behind that maybe??

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Evil?? lol why you say that?? a story behind that maybe??

I use to love tequila back in the day, use to do shot for shot of Cuervo gold. I lost a job at arby's when I was a kid due to this habit lol. But one too many nights of getting sick on tequila made it impossible to drink now. I can't even stand the smell. Even when it is good tequila like patron or don julio or any of the other nice tequilas, as soon as it goes in my mouth it tastes like Cuervo gold to me. bleh

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I use to love tequila back in the day, use to do shot for shot of Cuervo gold. I lost a job at arby's when I was a kid due to this habit lol. But one too many nights of getting sick on tequila made it impossible to drink now. I can't even stand the smell. Even when it is good tequila like patron or don julio or any of the other nice tequilas, as soon as it goes in my mouth it tastes like Cuervo gold to me. bleh

Lol i like your style miss. I cant seem to drink Jack Daniels for that reason. One too many i guess. But i can sip on it when im already hammered. (You can pretty much drink anything when your drunk lol.)

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Lol i like your style miss. I cant seem to drink Jack Daniels for that reason. One too many i guess. But i can sip on it when im already hammered. (You can pretty much drink anything when your drunk lol.)

Jack Daniels is my other nemisis. We were playing quarters once and drank all the beer but figured we wanted to keep playing so someone brought out a bottle of jack. I was already drunk and got picked twice in a row to drink shots of jack, I got sick and haven't been able to smell the shit since. I can drink Crown though but Jack is just Narsty. But lately I have been sticking to beer with the occasional shot of sambuka, although last night I had an Irish Car Bomb. YUM

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Jack Daniels is my other nemisis. We were playing quarters once and drank all the beer but figured we wanted to keep playing so someone brought out a bottle of jack. I was already drunk and got picked twice in a row to drink shots of jack, I got sick and haven't been able to smell the shit since. I can drink Crown though but Jack is just Narsty. But lately I have been sticking to beer with the occasional shot of sambuka, although last night I had an Irish Car Bomb. YUM

I find Crown pretty nasty. Never really liked it. Ive never had an Irish Car Bomb. Whats in it??

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I find Crown pretty nasty. Never really liked it. Ive never had an Irish Car Bomb. Whats in it??

Half a glass of Guinness and you drop a shot of half irish whiskey and half baileys irish cream. Then you slam it down. Tastes like chocolate milk but will knock you on your ass.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Half a glass of Guinness and you drop a shot of half irish whiskey and half baileys irish cream. Then you slam it down. Tastes like chocolate milk but will knock you on your ass.

sounds pretty tasty. I gotta try that. How many have you taken till you know youve had to many of those??

locachica73
08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Usually when the idea comes about I have already had my share of beer. Why is it that once we are buzzed we suddenly think shots are a good idea. I did one of those last night (I have never made it for more then 1), as well as a shot of sambuka and ummm a shot of vanilla stoli dropped in my amber bock. And surprisingly I feel ok today. that's a bad sign I am sure.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Usually when the idea comes about I have already had my share of beer. Why is it that once we are buzzed we suddenly think shots are a good idea. I did one of those last night (I have never made it for more then 1), as well as a shot of sambuka and ummm a shot of vanilla stoli dropped in my amber bock. And surprisingly I feel ok today. that's a bad sign I am sure.

yeah i dont think thats any good lol keep at it.

Heresy
08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
I think Patron Silver is disgusting.

But then again, I'm a beer drinker. Not a fan of hard liquor anymore.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Well it could be because we started around noon and were shitty by 7, then went for food and smoked out so by the time I actually went to sleep I was sober. That is my story at least. mmmmm beer.

I want a good wheat ale right now with a lemon, nice and refreshing.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I love Patron Silver. I dont know why but no hangover comes with it. I feel awesome the next day. Even better with a simple wedge of lemon.

BROKENDOLL
08-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Make mine a shot of sambuka with my beer and I will be happy. Patron Silver is evil. Which makes me an "evil doer," I guess...

locachica73
08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I do my fair share of evil myself im sure. just not the tequila form lol.

BROKENDOLL
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
sounds pretty tasty. I gotta try that. How many have you taken till you know youve had to many of those??
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/carbomb.jpg Way too many...

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/carbomb.jpg Way too many...

lol uhhh i think ill pass

algunz
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
These are the Beer Gardens people.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Irish Car Bombs are beer, dark frothy thick chewy guinness but still beer. mmmmmm

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope they sell anything stronger than heineken at the beer garden next year. Shots would be awesome. ill walk out of there stumbling and headed towards the main stage.

locachica73
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
From what I have read it doesn't seem likely. Going to have to find a creative way to sneak your own in. And in the desert heat and being outside all day the heineken light was pretty refreshing so I am good with that. I like heavier beers but couldn't imagine drinking it all day when I am out in the heat.

TheGunner'sDream
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Too much beer out there in that heat and it can do things to you. Id rather drink water all morning, take 3 shots before i walk in the venue, take 6 more shots when im in, see how i feel, take more shots if needed, then go enjoy music.

algunz
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
That's quite a plan.

MiamiNate
08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
at the langerado thingy we had down here in the early part of the year, they had a smorgesboard of beer. I'd say maybe 8 or 9 different types, all styles.
Do it like that.

algunz
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
That's why having New Belgium provide the beer would be perfect. Everyone would be happy.

bleep
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1036/925856501_a94bfb65d7.jpg?v=0
got the quickest beer buzz from this last night. was still burping beer 8 hours later.

algunz
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Anything Belgian is usually good and effective.

TheGunner'sDream
08-26-2008, 08:33 PM
That drink doesnt look to bad. I wana try an Irish car bomb.

fatbastard
09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Drinking a Pete's Wicked Ale. Mmmmmmm.

algunz
09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/random/IMG_1163.jpg

Geno_g
09-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm having a Drop Top, mmmmm!

fatbastard
09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/202987276_19a57f1c08.jpg?v=0

algunz
09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Mmmmm, that looks so refreshing. Perfect for a California fall.

stinkbutt
09-20-2008, 05:40 PM
snhiofL2Rh4

feather
09-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I want a beer so bad right now! Antibiotics are the only thing preventing me.

fiyahhh!
09-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Today is the official beginning of Oktoberfest! Raise your glasses! Prost!

fatbastard
09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/2651385101_6b8dafac0a.jpg?v=0

Currently hungover. Went to drink at the Red Lion Taven before and after the Dodger game yesterday in honor of the first day of Octoberfest.

There were a group of people in the afternoon, including 3 guys who were wearing old green alpine hats from Disneyland, who were cheering everyone walking in wearing Dodger blue.

I love the beer at this place. Love the upstairs patio where you can drink and smoke. God bless you Red Lion Tavern.

fatbastard
09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/2651385101_6b8dafac0a.jpg?v=0

Currently hungover. Went to drink at the Red Lion Taven before and after the Dodger game yesterday in honor of the first day of Octoberfest.

There were a group of people in the afternoon, including 3 guys who were wearing old green alpine hats from Disneyland, who were cheering everyone walking in wearing Dodger blue.

I love the beer at this place. Love the upstairs patio where you can drink and smoke. God bless you Red Lion Tavern.

ThomThom
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I wish you would have taken more of a liking to the Spaten Optimator Henry, that truly is a magnificent beer. Red Lion MUST happen again, and soon.

fatbastard
09-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Too bad MBV will be in Santa Monica.

Pixiessp
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Everytime I go to Ralph's I want to pick up some Chimay but I don't know which one to try. Can someone give me the rundown of the different varieties. Please!!

westcoastpirate
09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Fuck Chimay, it's all about the US when it comes to beer. Get anything made by Dogfish Head out of Delaware. It's on the expensive side of American Breweries, but definitely cheaper and better than Chimay.

Pixiessp
09-30-2008, 02:32 PM
i appreciate that info westcoastpirate but I still need that particular question answered.

locachica73
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I have never tried Chimay either, but having read so many people rave about it I have wanted to give it a shot myself. I don't even know what it is really but the same people who have raved about it have the same tastes in beer as me so I am curious.

Pixiessp
09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I think I am just going to pick one up next time i go to Ralph's and then i will let you know. I had a chance to try it at Spaceland in LA but I had Stella instead.

locachica73
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
you can never go wrong with Stella.

bmack86
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
So, my Chimay rundown.
Chimay Blue is the highest in alcohol content at 9%. For my money, it's also the best. There's a really subtle flavor throughout it. It tastes vaguely hoppy, but never overbearing in the bitterness or floral aroma. I've also had friends who hate this one, though. It may be too "belgian" for some, but if you like that distinctive Belgian beer taste, chances are you'll really enjoy this.

Chimay Red is 7%, and I enjoy it. It's more robust and fruity, less nuanced than the blue, but, on the flip side, there isn't as diverse of a flavor. It's a nice tradeoff, and it's a delicious beer.

Chimay White is 8%. Whereas the Red is more robust and fruity, this one is more dry and hoppy. It's my least favorite of the three, but it's still a great beer and better than most.

Chimay Blue is the classic, and it's probably the best place to start with them. Remember when you pour a Chimay to make sure that the glass has a wide mouth and that you get at least an inch of head on top so that you have a full aroma and really release the scent of the beer. If you can get a Belgian style drinking glass (stem on the bottom, with a rounded body, similar to a glass for dark wines) that's the best way to do it.

SoulDischarge
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
http://www.neonsign.com/eng_tackers/images/naturalicegirltin.jpg

Because it's only $0.50 for draughts on Tuesday nights at the local punk bar. And by the tenth one, you forget how bad it tastes.

miscorrections
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I never liked Chimay.

bmack86
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I never liked YOU!

Had to. Still friends?

miscorrections
09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Nevers.

bmack86
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe we'll have to box it out.

youtube Boxing Cats Edison and you'll see what I mean. I'd post it, but I can't go on youtube at work.

Young blood
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I had a Maredsous 10 tripel last night.....it was nasty.

Pixiessp
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
thanks Bmack. that is very helpful. Chimay Blue was actually the one I picked up then put back down yesterday. Next trip to the supermarket it's on.

bmack86
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I had a Maredsous 10 tripel last night.....it was nasty.

It's really, really syrupy, right? I had it, and I wasn't sure how to feel. I liked parts of the flavor and other parts were so bad.

algunz
09-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't call it syrupy as much as sweetly tangy and a bit thick. Is there a difference? I think so.

Oh and I prefer the red Chimay, but as bmack said they are all good. If I were you pixie, I'd get both and see which one you prefer. If you've got a friend, you should easily and comfortably get through both. :)

algunz
09-30-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.neonsign.com/eng_tackers/images/naturalicegirltin.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/n734393751_924002_4331.jpg

thestripe
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
http://hydrogencommerce.com/images/Sierra_Nevada_Beer1.jpg

Lagunitas gets pricey so this is what I usually drink.

thestripe
10-18-2008, 11:48 PM
http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/new-belgium-1554.gif

I am drinking this right now. It's the first time I've tried it, pretty decent stuff.

bmack86
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Last night I had a Samuel Smith Taddy Porter because I was in a bad mood. It tasted so good that my spirits rose considerably.

Pixiessp
10-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't call it syrupy as much as sweetly tangy and a bit thick. Is there a difference? I think so.

Oh and I prefer the red Chimay, but as bmack said they are all good. If I were you pixie, I'd get both and see which one you prefer. If you've got a friend, you should easily and comfortably get through both. :)

I have yet to pick up any Chimay but i think your idea is a good one.
I know my friend Pam will do a taste test with me. Thanks.

looks like it was a beautiful day at Disneyland.

OutOfmYminD
11-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hoorraaay beer! So have you found the keystolope yet?

Geno_g
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/66274.jpg
Lost Coast Brewery
This is the beer that F-ed me up this last weekend, my buddy still has 3 kegs of it and it's tasty, I started pounding them and blacked out...

algunz
11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
No keystolope, but I tried a beer from this brewery before I voted yesterday. It wasn't their Chupacabras. It was a dark beer. It was really good. Anybody know anything about these beers?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/chupacabras_220.jpg

OutOfmYminD
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Never had one before. My microbrewery knowledge is fairly limited. Basically if it's not available in the grocery store or at the Yard House than chances are I haven't tried it.

algunz
11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Well get off your ass and make an effort. :)

OutOfmYminD
11-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Well normally effort is a big turn off but I think I can make an exception in this case. Where would you suggest a Long Beach resident go for a good beer selection?

In the same vein, I know about Rockbottom brewery but does anyone else know of any other breweries in the LB area?

Oh, and the BJ's Octoberfest brew, damn delicious. Not sure if they have it anymore though.....

feather
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
My boss knows this store which carries a nice selection of beer in Long Beach...I will ask him today for you and report back.