PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con 2008

corbo
06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
any of you bitches going to comic con?

theburiedlife
06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I was originally going to go but I hear now that Obama isn't going to show up.

This might change things.

corbo
06-22-2008, 12:15 PM
hmm i didnt even know he was gonna be there. im going on friday!

Sushov23
06-22-2008, 01:57 PM
what are some of the big things going on this year? I noticed saturday sold out quick.

fiyahhh!
06-22-2008, 02:11 PM
isn't Saturday always the big movie preview day?

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 02:23 PM
http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5418/rosario.jpg
http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5418/maggie.jpg
http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5418/cerina.jpg
http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5418/tricia.jpg
http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5418/michellelee.jpg

Five reasons that make comic-con enjoyable for me...

sbessiso
06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
i dont think I recongize anyof those bitches up there^^^^

i have always wanted to hit comic con, i'm pretty geeky

NicoDread
06-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah Saturday sold out before I could get tickets. But I'm going Thursday and Friday.

PassiveTheory
06-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I might be going Friday.

Hopeless Semantic
06-22-2008, 06:45 PM
i dont think I recongize anyof those bitches up there^^^^

i have always wanted to hit comic con, i'm pretty geeky

One of them is Rosario Dawson...another is the girl from Battlestar Galactica, and another is Michelle Lee.

I dont know any of them other than that they were at Comic-con '07.

There is things to behold at these things...

fatbastard
06-22-2008, 07:13 PM
It doesn't look like the guy who played Joe, the police officer on episode 13 of That's My Mama will be there.

Comic-Con 2008 Special Guest List
Updated as of June 20, 2008
Forrest J. Ackerman
Sergio Aragones
Kyle Baker
Ralph Bakshi
Mike W. Barr
Lynda Barry
Frank Beddor
Ray Bradbury
Steve Breen
Max Brooks
Ed Brubaker
Matt Busch
Jim Butcher
Eddie Campbell
Howard Chaykin
Kim Deitch
Mark Evanier
Al Feldstein
Keith Giffen
Neil Googe
Victor Gorelick
Mike Grell
Paul Gulacy
Joe Hill
Bryan Hitch
John Howe
Al Jaffee
Geoff Johns
J.G. Jones Todd Klein
Dean Koontz
Verne Langdon - NEW
Jim Lee
Rutu Modan
Noel Neill
Floyd Norman
Jim Ottaviani
Mike Peters
Wendy Pini
Steve Purcell
Robert J. Sawyer
James Shoop
Jim Starlin
Joe Staton
J. Michael Straczynski
Adrian Tomine
Ethan Van Sciver
James Warren - NEW
Jeff Watts
Len Wein
Signe Wilkinson
Bill Willingham
Connie Willis
Jim Woodring
Bernie Wrightson
Dean Yeagle

Once again, Comic-Con presents an incredibly diverse guest list including writers and artists from the worlds of comics and science fiction/fantasy/horror. The following special guests are confirmed for Comic-Con 2008, with more to come!

tessalasset
06-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Octagon Global Recruiting, on behalf of the Dharma Initiative, would like to thank you for registering your expression of interest in our latest volunteer recruitment drive.

We will be launching in San Diego on July 24th at Comic-Con International offering select registrants the opportunity to take an exciting aptitude test that will give applicants the chance to demonstrate their unique talents.

The Dharma Initiative hopes you will be able to join us to find out more about their ground-breaking new research project. We will contact you closer to the date with more information.

For those not able to join us in San Diego, Dharma's full recruitment program will be made available online to registered recruits after July 27th.

In the meantime, the Dharma Initiative urges you to spread the word. Invite your colleagues to join the team at www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com and take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity....

NicoDread
06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
that's the biggest reason i'm going.

tessalasset
06-22-2008, 08:46 PM
fuck yeah. i have to make this work somehow. i committed to something on saturday.

miscorrections
06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Tessa's only reason for going is the pictures of scantily clad women above.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I thought this was about stand up comics. You know, funny people.

corbo
06-22-2008, 09:39 PM
i want that limited edition Dwight Schrute bobblehead theyre selling lol.

and no tomas this is not about stand up comics
its about comic BOOKS...and other nerdy isht

TomAz
06-22-2008, 09:41 PM
have any of you read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay?

corbo
06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
cant say that i have. worth reading?

comics ive been reading lately:
adrian tomine's optic nerve comics
star wars comics
batman comics.
Y:the last man [ these were entertaining]

TomAz
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Pulitzer prize winning novel about two comic book writers who got their start in the 40s (fiction). Great book.

and, for you comic nerds, the novel is very respectful of the comic book tradition.

TomAz
06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
but it's good nonetheless.

corbo
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
i;ll check that out.
i wouldnt consider myself a comic nerd. first and last time i set foot
into a REAL comic book store to ask for THE KILLING JOKE..i dealt with
an extremely nerdy fat guy who lashed out at me for 'thumbing' through his comics. he asked me to be reallly careful and was being real condescending
like the comic book guy on the simpsons.

corbo
06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
[ but then again i wont let anybody touch that 'killing joke' first edition comic i bought fearing it will lose its mint condition hehe ] >_>

KungFuJoe
06-22-2008, 10:34 PM

rosario looks extra hot in that pic, but I must say I'm madly in love with Maggie Q. If I were there I'd certainly kiss her hand.

PassiveTheory
06-22-2008, 10:59 PM
[ but then again i wont let anybody touch that 'killing joke' first edition comic i bought fearing it will lose its mint condition hehe ] >_>

It's a good story... One that begs to be re-read. I really hope you have a reading copy, otherwise someone should backhand you for keeping it locked tight...

corbo
06-22-2008, 11:12 PM
yep ive read it. i'd say thats my fav batman comic

woogie846
06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I'll be out of town starting the 25th, I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Sushov23
06-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Maggie Q is fucking hot. Loved her in MI3, and Live Free or Die Hard.

Sushov23
06-22-2008, 11:49 PM

are they in a movie together? or what is the deal?

fiyahhh!
06-23-2008, 04:58 AM
i want that limited edition Dwight Schrute bobblehead theyre selling lol.

what?!?!!

Hopeless Semantic
06-23-2008, 08:07 AM
are they in a movie together? or what is the deal?

No. They all made appearances at last year's Comic-Con. I don't know what they promoted as I didn't really attend the convention, just thought I'd share some pronounced comic-con beauty.

KungFuJoe
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Maggie Q is fucking hot. Loved her in MI3, and Live Free or Die Hard.

she was so weak in MI3. Have you not seen Naked Weapon or Balls of Fury? two wonderful guilty pleasures, mainly because of her.

fiyahhh!
07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
so is anyone going this weekend? Give us updates.

PassiveTheory
07-25-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm going today and tomorrow. Gonna see the Watchmen panel, The Spirit panel (Samuel L. Jackson, motherfucker), and a few other non-movie things today. Toodles!

NicoDread
07-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah I'm going today and tomorrow. leaving right now.

Sexecutioner
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
i wish i could leave work early and go people watch in the gaslamp today. its star wars day. maybe ill go down there tonight to see if any of the freaks are still dressed up.

ivankay
07-25-2008, 08:56 AM
i will be driving down hopefully soon. Looks like no Watchmen for me unless a driving and enetering miracle happens.

hawkingvsreeve
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I went yesterday. I didn't go to any panels, just walked around the floor for 6 hours or so. I was a little underwhelmed, I think mainly due to the fact that I was never a big comic book fan and therefore don't have some of the vested interest that others do. I enjoyed it from a mass media perspective but felt like I wasn't really the target demographic and that I couldn't enjoy it to it's fullest because I had a limited knowledge of what I was looking at. I did find some cool vintage art though, completely unrelated to comics. I'll take pictures and post 'em. I also found the Suicide Girls booth right before I left, which I had been casually looking for all day, and was extremely disappointed. Oh and there were around 73259023592469726 assholes dressed as the Joker.

zenidogx
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
any AwesomeCon crossoevers here? or Comedians of Comedy?
i'll be in SD for those tomorrow

tessalasset
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I went yesterday. I didn't go to any panels, just walked around the floor for 6 hours or so. I was a little underwhelmed, I think mainly due to the fact that I was never a big comic book fan and therefore don't have some of the vested interest that others do. I enjoyed it from a mass media perspective but felt like I wasn't really the target demographic and that I couldn't enjoy it to it's fullest because I had a limited knowledge of what I was looking at. I did find some cool vintage art though, completely unrelated to comics. I'll take pictures and post 'em. I also found the Suicide Girls booth right before I left, which I had been casually looking for all day, and was extremely disappointed. Oh and there were around 73259023592469726 assholes dressed as the Joker.

thats kinda what i felt like last year, too. i loved the Heroes and Harry Potter stuff, but I couldn't help but feel like an outsider. Great to people watch, though. The Heroes line was ridic. I ended up having a great day though. Iron Man and Superbad panels ruled.

Boourns
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Wish I could've been there yesterday for the Kristin Kreuk signing. I would've been there if it had been announced before this week...

Young blood
07-25-2008, 01:41 PM

"casually looking" hahahahaha

Sexecutioner
07-25-2008, 02:03 PM
"casually looking" hahahahaha

i thought that was pretty funny too. but wtf do suicide girls have to do with comics? not that im complaining about them being there...

Young blood
07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I think it has to do with the lure of pin-ups and the era comic/drawings that they mimic.

Young blood
07-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Also featured at booth 433 are three talented artists who will be drawing pin-ups of SG's that will be sold exclusively at Comic Con. We will have signings by both the artists and the models on Friday and Saturday from 11AM - 1PM in booth 433

R. Black - the poster art of R. Black is renowned for its elegant line, razor-sharp design, and dark pulp motifs, creating an instantly recognizable synergy of cool elegance and hot eroticism. Black's voluminous catalog of work includes striking images created for Bauhaus, Elvis Costello, Misfits, GWAR, Ministry, and countless more, plus numerous album covers, t-shirt designs, and magazine covers, He will be drawing Posh.

Brian Ewing - Brian Ewing is a San Francisco based Rock Poster Artist who has worked in the music industry since 2000. For the past five years he has worked and toured with the Vans Warped Tour. Brian has collaborated with such bands as Queens Of The Stone Age, Billy Idol, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, Metallica, The Bouncing Souls, My Chemical Romance and the Taste of Chaos Tour. He will be drawing Meow.

Bawidamann - Having come a long way from browsing the bewitching nose art of vintage war birds at the local Air Force museum, Andrew Bawidamann is creating contemporary cheesecake pin-up art through his graphically oriented girls. Although his girls are reminiscent of a time when men were overseas at war, depending on their pin-up prints to satisfy, Bawidamann’s girls offer much appeal to today’s soldiers, tattoo artists, bikers, rockers and just about anyone with a fetish! He will be drawing Chloe.

SuicideGirls will also be on hand to sign copies of the Hack/Slash comic book that features the SuicideGirls. Missy will be speaking on a panel Thursday, JULY 24 6:00-7:00pm in ROOM 8 talking about the SuicideGirls involvement in the latest issue of Hack/Slash. Read the daily pages at Cassie Hack's SuicideGirls profile.

Can't wait to see you this July in San Diego!

xoxo

corbo
07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I went today! The American dad family guy panels
Were great! They showed us a hilarious unreleased
Episode for each show. The cast talked about the show
And Did some q&a. We also got a preview of Cleveland show.
The rest of my day was spent buying collectibles. Bad luck
Dwight bobblehead is only being sold on sat :(
Gaslamp district is a cool place to hang out

Mr. Dylanja
07-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Is Johnny Chase gonna be here???

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

PassiveTheory
07-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Today was pretty cool.

Caught the Watchmen panel and that was the shit. Extended trailer shows that they're really sticking close to source material. Pretty much the only things I've seen changes are four of the outfits. This is gonna be gooooooood.

Also, Billy Crudup is fucking hysterical, and the dude who plays Veidt is going to bring some interesting stuff to the table.

American Dad trailer stuff was good, Family Guy panel was great (they're going to do another Blue Harvest-like thing but for the Empire Strikes Back), the Cleveland spin-off looks bearable, sad I missed the Robot Chicken panel.

Bought the Watchmen in soft-cover, very VERY happy with that purchase.

Worst Cartoons Ever was okay, but Spike and Mike just seemed to SUCK this year. At one point there were EIGHT straight clips that were being booed off, and all of them deservingly so.

Going tomorrow, pictures of both days tomorrow too. Come say Hi if you see me!

Mr. Dylanja
07-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Passive - we'd have a group if we lived in the same zipcode...

gaypalmsprings
07-26-2008, 07:28 AM
They keep showing the Elvis Starwars guy on the news.

http://a618.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_412a835ad71080db00e5dae33376b299.jpg

summerkid
07-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Today was pretty cool.

Caught the Watchmen panel and that was the shit. Extended trailer shows that they're really sticking close to source material. Pretty much the only things I've seen changes are four of the outfits. This is gonna be gooooooood.

Also, Billy Crudup is fucking hysterical, and the dude who plays Veidt is going to bring some interesting stuff to the table.

American Dad trailer stuff was good, Family Guy panel was great (they're going to do another Blue Harvest-like thing but for the Empire Strikes Back), the Cleveland spin-off looks bearable, sad I missed the Robot Chicken panel.

Worst Cartoons Ever was okay, but Spike and Mike just seemed to SUCK this year. At one point there were EIGHT straight clips that were being booed off, and all of them deservingly so.

Going tomorrow, pictures of both days tomorrow too. Come say Hi if you see me!

damn lee, should have thought to call you. I snuck in last night for spike and mike and worst cartoons ever and that was easily the worst spike and mike i've ever seen.

corbo
07-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Nice. I wish I had made it time for that panel. I'm very happy
With a japanese mini remote controlled r2d2
I bought.

fiyahhh!
07-26-2008, 10:00 AM
i'm officially jealous of all you guys that got to go this weekend. I really wanted one of those Dwight bobbleheads...

sbessiso
07-26-2008, 12:51 PM
OMG i just read that there was a MST3K 20th Anniversary Panel!!!

thats easily what i'm jealous of the most

NicoDread
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I bought a Dwight bobblehead on Thursday. The Lost panel was good, although I got here with some friends at 4 am, and had to sit through the Heroes panel.

PassiveTheory
07-27-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd ask what they showed during the Heroes panel, but you seem biased, so I shall wait instead.

Today was alright. Had to volunteer, which sorta sucked, but it was short and NOTHING was going on from 2:30 till 4, really, so I picked a good slot to work.

Got into the Futurama panel miraculously, and that was fucking awesome. Hearing John DiMaggio do Bender's voice while singing the San Diego Chargers theme song was priceless. Also, Billy West is such an incredible voice actor... Man. It sounds like they're interested in returning to a seasonal format for the show but nothing's definite since they're still working on the fourth DVD.

Watching the Watchmen was an alright panel. Got in like 10 minutes late because all the seats were being taken up by Bleach fans waiting for the Kubo panel 3 hours later... Fuckin' a. But yeah, Dave Gibbons is such a fucking genius...The way he lays out his panels, the sketches, the detailing, it's all there in the new book and I think I'm going to shell out the 20-30$ to own that piece of Watchmen history too.

Saw the last 10 minutes of the Quick-Draw panel. Will make a note to see the whole thing next year; it was that funny.

The voice acting panel was amazing (Cartoon Voices 1). Phil LaMarr is so great, and watching him and Wally Wingert play off each other (especially some of the scenes from Family Guy involving Ollie the Weatherman), as well as guys like Chuck McCann and... the annoying guy who does Bloo from Foster's voice (he looks like such a douche), it was interesting to watch. No show from Tom Kenney makes my heart hurt... He's Spongebob's voice.

Got done with volunteering in time to watch the rest of the Eureka panel. Did this for my mom and cause Ultimate Universe panel was next.

Ultimate Universe... Must end? Sadly, yeah. Good panel, Jeph Loeb is funny.

Sarah Silverman panel. Good god I fucking hate that horse faced jew almost more than Carlos Mencia... But goddamn it... Brian Posehn is amazing, he ALONE counters that amusement-less cunt. Plus, PATTON FUCKING OSWALT. Just wish they had stuck around after the panel... Fucking Spreckles show that I didn't want to shell out the cash for...

Didn't watch Masquerade this year, just went and slept in the truck because I was tired and my buddy wanted to dance at the rave and have a ride home, so I did the nice thing and wait for him. So yeah... here I am.

Photos tomorrow when I don't feel so absofuckinglutely tired.

Backwater
07-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Sarah Silverman panel. Good god I fucking hate that horse faced jew

Hey now, you said that you thought anti-semitism was NOT cool. Judging by the way you reacted to my Natalie Portman comments I thought you were a Jew, Lee. It's cool though, I wish I was at ComicCon.

PassiveTheory
07-27-2008, 02:16 AM
I think it's appropriate when people try to extort their own cultural heritage in a desperate attempt to be funny. Another example would be Carlos Mencia.

Backwater
07-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Ok, I agree, but I guess you didn't see the NP interview I referred to bc this was worse than a desperate attempt to be funny. She insulted everyone of German heritage bc there was one evil dictator who died 35 years before she was even born. Steven Spielberg and Jerry Seinfeld both hung their heads in shame at that bitch.

NicoDread
07-27-2008, 09:04 AM
I'd ask what they showed during the Heroes panel, but you seem biased, so I shall wait instead.

Nah, Heroes is an OK show (I've seen every episode) but it isn't amazingly great like a lot of fans think it is. But they showed the premiere of Season 3 and then they brought out the whole cast for a Q&A. The Lost panel was good, Damon and Carlton (the exec producers) are hilarious. They gave a gift to anyone who asked a question (A guy dressed like Hurley got a tub of Dharma Ranch Dressing, someone asked a question about Jin and got a 6-pack of Dharma Beer, someone asked a Q about Richard Alpert and didn't get an answer but got a shirt that said 'I asked a Richard Alpert question and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt') and then Matthew Fox who plays Jack on the show was also there.

captncrzy
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Where are the pics?

gaypalmsprings
07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.timewarptoys.com/apin.jpg

suprefan
07-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Nowhere to be found....

apostle2
07-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I just want bootleg video of the Lost panel

Also, I want to pick up a nice, hardcover copy of the Watchmen today. Anyone know any good comic stores close to Studio City?

BobCaygeon
07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I just want bootleg video of the Lost panel

Seems to be lots on YouTube already.

Here's the Dharma video
dn_dNsaz-AA

Good to see Marvin Candle again. :)

And here's some panel stuff
QtcxbSeIUbU

And a pretty funny one from Damon and Carlton
h8t5v3S_J6Q

Lots of other stuff of varying quality to explore from there.

gaypalmsprings
07-27-2008, 10:53 AM
http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/cv/gay20.jpg

apostle2
07-27-2008, 11:19 AM
YES. I knew the bootlegs would surface quickly. The whole panel is up now

tessalasset
07-27-2008, 12:22 PM
FUUUUUCK. I am so so so so so mad I couldn't go. Last year they had jack shit on Lost.

apostle2
07-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I literally made time to go and was totally able, and then spaced on registering until last week, when I went on the site and the registration had already closed. Fuck.

ivankay
07-27-2008, 01:59 PM
i would upload more before i go home, but this wireless in the convention center is slooooooow at the moment. Anyway here's a few from Friday:

http://buzznet-50.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4967--large-msg-121710556548.jpg

http://buzznet-62.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4965--large-msg-121710555851.jpg

http://buzznet-95.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4968--large-msg-121710556894.jpg

http://buzznet-71.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4972--large-msg-12171055759.jpg

http://buzznet-79.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4980--large-msg-121710558898.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4983--large-msg-12171055967.jpg

http://buzznet-97.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4986--large-msg-12171056068.jpg

http://buzznet-76.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4987--large-msg-121710560981.jpg

zenidogx
07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Sarah Silverman panel. Good god I fucking hate that horse faced jew almost more than Carlos Mencia... But goddamn it... Brian Posehn is amazing, he ALONE counters that amusement-less cunt. Plus, PATTON FUCKING OSWALT. Just wish they had stuck around after the panel... Fucking Spreckles show that I didn't want to shell out the cash for...

Sarah Silverman almost as bad a Mencia? aw, hell no!!!
she came out with the CoC and the crowd went nuts. she did a quick short set. She included a jew joke about the Holo"cost". she was pretty funny, could of been better. but her show is amazing and Jesus is Magic is great too. Plus she is fucking hot- got to hug her after the show.

tessalasset
07-27-2008, 03:08 PM
My friend just left me a message saying they were actually interviewing people to join the Dharma Initiative. Like you go into a room and they interview you one at a time. He said they asked what the first album you bought was, and I can't remember what else. Lots of cool Lost stuff he said. Goddammit.

fiyahhh!
07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Great pics Ivankay! Thanks for posting them... looking forward to seeing more. I like the picture of the father helping his son hold the light sabre -- similar to a picture of a father teaching his son how to hold a baseball bat.

JustSteve
07-27-2008, 04:11 PM
they guy the furthest left on the first picture scares me.

BobCaygeon
07-27-2008, 04:17 PM
YES. I knew the bootlegs would surface quickly. The whole panel is up now

Here's a link to the whole panel in 5 parts.

http://www.docarzt.com/lost-clips/video-of-the-panel.php

whynotsmile99
07-27-2008, 04:23 PM
that baby stormtrooper is really cute. i want to go to this one year. I'm not into comic books much at all, but I could totally find enough interesting things to occupy the weekend for me. Do they have video game things as well there or is it stricly tv/movie/comic books?

Backwater
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Sarah Silverman almost as bad a Mencia? aw, hell no!!!

She's kinda hot and she smokes lots of good weed so she at least has those two things going for her.

I met Doug Benson and he told me about her marijuana habit.

zenidogx
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
She's kinda hot and she smokes lots of good weed so she at least has those two things going for her.

I met Doug Benson and he told me about her marijuana habit.

were you at the show last night?

PassiveTheory
07-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I was. Needed more Patton.

zenidogx
07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
i thought you didn't go to the spreckles show?
Patton did a long set there. that set proves that he is one of the best comedians of our time.

ivankay
07-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Great pics Ivankay! Thanks for posting them... looking forward to seeing more. I like the picture of the father helping his son hold the light sabre -- similar to a picture of a father teaching his son how to hold a baseball bat.

danke. i need to do some serious editing. So many things to take pictures of, but i can't treat it like a Coachella and post hundreds. i tried to get more up while i was waiting on things. Unfortunately the wi fi wasn't handling the uploading in the speediest fashion.

Before i get more pictures up, brief highlights for me:

The Lost panel.

The Pixar panel. They showed almost 20 minutes of Bolt and a few of the next movie after, Up. Looking good.

Advanced screening of Tropic Thunder. i mentioned in Schoolio's thread this movie is fucking hysterical. Ben Stiller is back to the type of funny he was with the Ben Stiller show. Robert Downey Jr. deserves an Oscar nomination for his very politically incorrect role. One of the best comedies i have ever seen. An adult comedy with many hard laughs. Excellent.

Advanced screening of new animated series "Wolverine and the X-Men". They showed 3 episodes. If you like the X-Men comic book, you're going to love this. Starts in January.

The costumes. The booths.

Met and got a "The Goon" book signed by Eric Powell.

A photographer for the Family Guy panel was m.i.a. my friend (works with Fox) tracked me down and i had a minor assignment for them.

my first Comic-Con was pretty fun.

Side story: i saw this big Fro sleeping at a table Saturday night around midnight. i took a couple of pictures, then yelled "Lee!". The face that came up wasn't Passive's. You have a guy out there with your hair.

ivankay
07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
more pictures:

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4995--large-msg-121721821087.jpg
Family Guy panel

http://buzznet-81.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0012--large-msg-121721821887.jpg
Tons of nerds at the Family Guy panel

http://buzznet-59.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0024--large-msg-121721822758.jpg

http://buzznet-83.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0030--large-msg-121721823153.jpg

http://buzznet-88.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5022--large-msg-121721823982.jpg

http://buzznet-89.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5035--large-msg-121721861519.jpg

http://buzznet-87.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0044--large-msg-121721862167.jpg

http://buzznet-81.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0048--large-msg-121721862488.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0054--large-msg-121721862821.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5051--large-msg-12172186316.jpg

http://buzznet-51.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5053--large-msg-121721863486.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5067_Richard_Elfman--large-msg-121721877061.jpg
Richard Elfman

http://buzznet-85.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0071--large-msg-121721909944.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0059--large-msg-121721913945.jpg

http://buzznet-51.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0066--large-msg-121721914292.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0069--large-msg-121721915891.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0073--large-msg-121721932428.jpg

http://buzznet-90.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0086--large-msg-121721956528.jpg
Seth MacFarlane

http://buzznet-75.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_5065--large-msg-121721956944.jpg

http://buzznet-62.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0102_The_Owls_ship_from_The_Watchmen--large-msg-12172209843.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0103--large-msg-121722098801.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0104--large-msg-121722099193.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0119_Inside_The_Owls_ship--large-msg-12172210009.jpg
Inside the Owl's ship...pardon the blur.

http://buzznet-77.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0120--large-msg-121722100887.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0124--large-msg-121722101527.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0128--large-msg-121722101898.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0129--large-msg-121722102228.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0134--large-msg-12172210311.jpg

http://buzznet-93.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0136--large-msg-121722103676.jpg

http://buzznet-93.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0137--large-msg-121722104058.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0140--large-msg-121722104387.jpg

http://buzznet-71.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0142--large-msg-121722104762.jpg

http://buzznet-66.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0144--large-msg-121722105156.jpg

http://buzznet-86.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0145--large-msg-121722105476.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0148--large-msg-12172210627.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0150--large-msg-121722106587.jpg

http://buzznet-90.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0154--large-msg-121722107243.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0155--large-msg-12172210756.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0163--large-msg-121722108411.jpg

http://buzznet-80.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0165--large-msg-121722108752.jpg

http://buzznet-71.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0166--large-msg-121722109074.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0167--large-msg-121722109396.jpg

matildawong
07-27-2008, 09:45 PM
love the pictures, ivankay! Thanks for posting them.

tessalasset
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Seriously, those were fantastic.

My friend was telling me more about the Dharma Initiative registration... he said they never mentioned Lost in it at all. All the Dharma employees completely stayed in character the whole time. People who don't watch Lost would come up to the booth and say "What is this for? Is it for a show?" and the girl was like "No, we're a research facility taking applications for employment." People were getting seriously confused. GOD I wish I coulda gone this year.

apostle2
07-27-2008, 10:28 PM
That is AWESOME. I was wondering how well the dharma people were staying in character...that must've been a really cool experience. I would've started asking them questions about marvin candle, or if they knew a girl named charlotte. at which point the hired actors would've asked me to leave...

tessalasset
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh he also said Damon and Carlton were handing out gifts to everyone who asked a question in the panel. He said some kid asked a question about Richard Alpert and they said they couldn't answer it, but they gave him a shirt that said something to the effect of "I asked a question about Richard Alpert at Comic Con and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

NicoDread
07-27-2008, 10:58 PM
There was a really hot blonde Australian girl at the Dharma booth. Anyways - info on it. There wasn't really a whole lot of point to it, I got the album question as well, but I also got "what does terror sound like?", "what animal do you identify the most with", "if you woke up one morning and it was 1963, would you try to change anything or let things play out on their own?" and some other crap like that. They just used that whole thing as a way to introduce the video of Marvin Candle/Pierre Cheng.

Sushov23
07-27-2008, 11:09 PM
awesome pictures.

tessalasset
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I am on video 4 right now. I am loving this panel so much. I would have flipped my shit if I was there when Matthew Fox walked out.

I have rubbed up against him before though. <3 At the Henry Fonda Theatre for TV on the Radio.

NicoDread
07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
He said some kid asked a question about Richard Alpert and they said they couldn't answer it, but they gave him a shirt that said something to the effect of "I asked a question about Richard Alpert at Comic Con and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

That person is actually a friend of mine, she was with me. Another guy with me, Stuart, goes to Comic-Con dressed as Hurley every year and he got a tub of Dharma Ranch Dressing after asking his question. My favorite though: someone went up and said "I need to slap you two in the face for doing that episode with Jin and Sun where we thought Jin was in a flashforward" and then Damon and Carlton said "just for slapping us in the face - here's your gift" and they gave him Heroes: Season 1 on DVD.

captncrzy
07-28-2008, 08:02 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0103--large-msg-121722098801.jpg

The awesomeness of this is indescribable

PassiveTheory
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Damn, Michael, you took like 7 of the same pics that I took on the ground floor...

Photos will be up when I find where the damn USB cable went.

Young blood
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
sweet pics.

PassiveTheory
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168297_995.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168298_1292.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168305_3823.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168308_4831.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168310_5652.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168312_6302.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168313_6609.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168314_6928.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168318_8292.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168319_8632.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168320_8950.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168323_9696.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168327_1176.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168331_2462.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168338_5054.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168340_5843.jpg
My fave:
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168347_8437.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168348_8806.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168349_9202.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v262/183/65/655174358/n655174358_1168350_9561.jpg

corbo
07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
here are some of mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1876.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1877.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1879.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1890.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1882.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1846.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/corboamnesiac/IMG_1821.jpg

Mr.Nipples
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
ok, ive decided that i will make it a top priority to attend this thing next year

matildawong
07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Mr. Nipples I agree. Every year I say I should go and every year I don't do it. Great pictures, everyone.

tessalasset
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
i am 100% there next year. sat and sun.

apostle2
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I am registering the day it becomes available next year to avoid my massive error this year of missing the cut off. I am also going to arrange the nerdiest carpool of all time - should we take the AT-ST or the DeLorean?

davrone
07-29-2008, 10:38 AM
That video of Cammy from Street Fighter IV was pretty badass. As was the Wolverine trailer. I am totally gonna go down there next year.

fiyahhh!
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
To everyone who posted pics, thanks for letting us live vicariously through your weekend. I've always wanted to go, but I usually tell myself that going to Wonder-con is good enough. Now I now that it's just not good enough. It's Comic-con or bust now!

corbo
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
i need to get a chewbacca costume for future cons.

corbo
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
also ive realized that one day is not enough.