PDA

View Full Version : Happy Summer Solstice

SFChrissy
06-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Just wanted to say Happy Summer Solstice and first day of summer...

I'll be celebrating it with thievery corporation tonight...Enjoy the longest day of the year!!!

In the United States and the rest of the northern hemisphere, the first day of the summer season is the day of the year when the Sun is farthest north (on June 20th or 21st). This day is known as the Summer Solstice.

The declination of the Sun on the Summer Solstice is known as the tropic of cancer (23 27'). In the southern hemisphere, winter and summer solstices are exchanged so that the Summer Solstice is the day on which the Sun is farthest south.

A common misconception is that the earth is further from the sun in winter than in summer. Actually, the Earth is closest to the sun in December which is winter in the Northern hemisphere.

As the Earth travels around the Sun in its orbit, the north-south position of the Sun changes over the course of the year due to the changing orientation of the Earth's tilted rotation axes. The dates of maximum tilt of the Earth's equator correspond to the Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice, and the dates of zero tilt to the Vernal Equinox and Autumnal Equinox.

marooko
06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
YAY!!!! except its hot as fuck!!

full on idle
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21151

Hopeless Semantic
06-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Happy Solstice Day!

jigsaw
06-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I'll be blazing tonight at the Hard Rock Pool party. Pepper is playing and it should be sick. Vegas baby!

Hopeless Semantic
06-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll be blazing tonight at the Hard Rock Pool party. Pepper is playing and it should be sick. Vegas baby!

While I don't really care for Pepper, this sounds like an awesome time. I'll be in Vegas in August--so I can't wait. Have fun, man.

jigsaw
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
thanks, hommy. There are pool shows every Friday night thru August that you can check out. People get crazy because you can swim while listening to music. They are free too. spyonvegas.com gives tickets away but you have to enter in the back by the parking garage in order to get in for free. Plus there is open vodka bar from 6 - 9.

Pepper is really good live. I have seen them over 30 times. LOL I know latelty they have been getting crazy and talking about weed and pussy too much (which you can never have enough of). But the first time I saw them there was like 10 people and I was blown away. I had to blaze while jamming to them. Kona Town is a great album, IMO, except for the dirty hot sex song. Srsly.

Anyways I hope they keep the sun out a little while longer with the howling of their guitars.

peace and chicken grease

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 09:36 AM
i got free tix 2a Pepper show once...

it was fun...

BTW Chrissy, thanx for startin a thread i already started.... bitchsauce

TomAz
06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
maybe I'll go start a thread about Radiohead.

marooko
06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
maybe I'll go start a thread about Radiohead.

a radiohead song started playing as i was reading this. (on my media player)

Hopeless Semantic
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
thanks, hommy. There are pool shows every Friday night thru August that you can check out. People get crazy because you can swim while listening to music. They are free too. spyonvegas.com gives tickets away but you have to enter in the back by the parking garage in order to get in for free. Plus there is open vodka bar from 6 - 9.

Pepper is really good live. I have seen them over 30 times. LOL I know latelty they have been getting crazy and talking about weed and pussy too much (which you can never have enough of). But the first time I saw them there was like 10 people and I was blown away. I had to blaze while jamming to them. Kona Town is a great album, IMO, except for the dirty hot sex song. Srsly.

Anyways I hope they keep the sun out a little while longer with the howling of their guitars.

peace and chicken grease

Right on. I've partied at the Hard Rock before, and it's always fun. Although not really my scene, I saw a whole lot of false boobies and that's always a plus.

I've seen Pepper twice and they're cool, it's that I can't get into them fully for some odd reason. I do enjoy Kona Town (esp. Tradewinds) though, and it is probably the only cd I have of theirs on my playlist.

TomAz
06-20-2008, 09:49 AM

oh which song? are you going to see them on tour? are they coming to a town near you? don't you think Thom is cute?

Hopeless Semantic
06-20-2008, 09:52 AM
One of my favorites, Climbing Up The Walls, is playing on my list...

marooko
06-20-2008, 09:54 AM
oh which song? are you going to see them on tour? are they coming to a town near you? don't you think Thom is cute?

i dont think you're serious. fuck you.

amyzzz
06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Woo, it's gonna be 114 today! And tomorrow! And I'm having a pool party tomorrow in that heat! Woo woo!

SFChrissy
06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
BTW Chrissy, thanx for startin a thread i already started.... bitchsauceBitchsauce...If I was a dude or a dyke I'd say that sounds kinda delicious...

Sorry bug...didn't mean to take away from your glory I was just trying to be thoughtful and give you and my fellow boardies some summer love...

I'm running over to your thread now!!!

davrone
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Wooot! Summer!

TomAz
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Woo, it's gonna be 114 today! And tomorrow! And I'm having a pool party tomorrow in that heat! Woo woo!

Amy I seem to have misplaced my invitation.

Pixiessp
06-20-2008, 11:05 AM

a black cat just crossed my path.

Pixiessp
06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Bitchsauce...If I was a dude or a dyke I'd say that sounds kinda delicious...

Sorry bug...didn't mean to take away from your glory I was just trying to be thoughtful and give you and my fellow boardies some summer love...

I'm running over to your thread now!!!

that sounds delicious!