PDA

View Full Version : Ticket alert for all the geeks in the house

Boourns
06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7362

Superhero Hype! has learned that advance ticketing for The Dark Knight begins this Friday, June 20th. At the time of this posting, the earliest show so far will be Friday morning (12:01am) on July 18th. The Batman Begins follow-up will be released in both conventional theaters and IMAX theaters.

Directed by Christopher Nolan, the movie stars Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.

12:01 at the Chinese here I come!

Pixiessp
06-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Maggie Gyllenhall!!!!!!!

Trick Loves The Kids
06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
there's nothing geeky about wanting to see this movie at midnight

Boourns
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
I want to go in costume.

I'd buy a purple suit online but I have $20 in my account, so oh well on that.

Pixiessp
06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
there's nothing geeky about wanting to see Maggie Gyllenhall at midnight.

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Twenty bucks will get you at LEAST twenty pieces of purple craft felt and a box of staples. Be creative.

Boourns
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
My hands were always too shaky and sweaty for sewing. That, and I have a penis.

Wait, staples? Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Mr.Nipples
06-19-2008, 10:01 PM
i think you should take that 20 bucks to your local goodwill

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 10:07 PM
That, and I have a penis.

This isn't really an obstacle unless you sew with your thighs.

whynotsmile99
06-19-2008, 10:08 PM
so i was all excited about seeing this puppy on Imax.

Had a discussion with some people at work and they told me to see it at Mann's Chinese, where I have yet to see a movie. or maybe i did, but it was AGES ago. the only movie movie I saw in Imax was The Stones documentary which was superb, loved it on the Imax screen.

I thought Batman would carry over well, but now I'm debating where to see this puppy first. I've heard Imax can be difficult to watch a movie on, as its nearly impossible to see everything going on at once, and you have to focus on one part of the film. This obviously didnt' bother me in shine A Light, but i could see it being a problem.

Guys at work said Mann's Chinese was a great theater, loud as fuck, good screen size.

I'm now thinking mann's Chinese at midnight for the first show, then second view on the Imax.

thoughts?

Blinken
06-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Well certain scenes of the film were filmed with Imax cameras. A first for a mainstream movie, i.e. non Imax film, so i would say that for that reason it is very worthwhile to see it at an Imax. But the Manns Chinese is a great theater, so you can't go wrong either way, as long you see it on the Imax at some point in time.

Boourns
06-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Had a discussion with some people at work and they told me to see it at Mann's Chinese, where I have yet to see a movie. or maybe i did, but it was AGES ago. the only movie movie I saw in Imax was The Stones documentary which was superb, loved it on the Imax screen.

I thought Batman would carry over well, but now I'm debating where to see this puppy first. I've heard Imax can be difficult to watch a movie on, as its nearly impossible to see everything going on at once, and you have to focus on one part of the film. This obviously didnt' bother me in shine A Light, but i could see it being a problem.

Guys at work said Mann's Chinese was a great theater, loud as fuck, good screen size.

I'm now thinking mann's Chinese at midnight for the first show, then second view on the Imax.

thoughts?

That's my plan. Probably third viewing will be on the Imax, but yeah. I haven't been in years, but the Chinese is always fun for first showings. Caught first showings of X2 and the Matrix Reloaded and opening day shows of Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secretions, etc there. Epic screen and sound.

I never got to see any Star Wars movies there, since the last prequel inexplicably opened at the Arclight instead. Arclight is my fave theater, but yeah, the Chinese gets all the crazies. Are you okay with waiting several hours in line for a good seat?

Oh yeah, for Batman Begins, they had the Batmobile outside the Chinese.

The Village in Westwood also has fun midnight showings. And the Vista, from what I hear, but I have yet to see anything there.

luckyface
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
If I decide to go to the midnight showing, I'm either going to see it at Century City or one of the Westwood Theatres. Fuck driving into Hollywood.

whynotsmile99
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Well certain scenes of the film were filmed with Imax cameras. A first for a mainstream movie, i.e. non Imax film, so i would say that for that reason it is very worthwhile to see it at an Imax. But the Manns Chinese is a great theater, so you can't go wrong either way, as long you see it on the Imax at some point in time.

do you know to what extent IMAX film was used for the movie? I heard someone say it was just the first 10 minutes that were filmed in IMAX but he wasn't sure about that.

I imagine it could be a bit jarring, watching a film go from IMAX to normal aspect ratio.

Blinken
06-19-2008, 11:28 PM
It's been awhile since I read about it but a few of the action sequences, and the scene when they introduce the Joker. Maybe a couple other scenes too, I don't really remember much except that.

woogie846
06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
This movie is going to pwn.

Boourns
06-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Checking movietickets.com...nothing. Damnit.

Oh oh, it's NOT going to be playing at the Chinese after all. The Arclight. WTF? Does the Chinese get ANY event movies anymore?

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/ArcLight/faces/MovieDetails.jsp?movieName=THE+DARK+KNIGHT&movieType=ComingSoon&pageInfo=Coming-Soon&currentCinemaId=1001

IMAX tickets are on-sale now in some places...

http://www.fandango.com/movies/1/movieoverview.aspx?mid=113129&wssac=58&wssaffid=11481_REGWebsite

Cdubby
06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I want to go in costume.

I'd buy a purple suit online but I have $20 in my account, so oh well on that.

now that is geeky, lol.

davrone
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Hell yes! Going at midnight on opening day is the best way to experience a movie, usually.

Blinken
06-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Well i just got my ticket for the Irvine Imax. I know it is early but i fully expect the Imax to sell out.

marooko
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
so is this batman part 82? or is it another rehash?

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
it's already the greatest batman movie ever made even though no one has ever seen it.

marooko
06-20-2008, 03:17 PM
it's already the greatest batman movie ever made even though no one has ever seen it.

so its a rehash of the other rehashed ones? gotcha.

the original with catwoman and joker was the best one. even the video game for that one was better than any after it. really i cant say much about the other movies, i havent seen them. except for the one with penguin. that was dumb. then i saw part of the one with arnie in it. yeah, part of it.

Blinken
06-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh by the way, it is 4 scenes shot in the Imax ratio. So when those scenes come on the screen fills up vertically, while the rest of the movie is in letter box because of the hieght of the screen.

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I like Batman Forever....the others not so much. Batman Begins was okay I thought. It was definently a fresh and new take on the subject, but I thought the movie had a lot of lame parts and didn't utilize some of the characters very well (Like that Lucious Fox character played by Morgan Freeman. That just totally felt forced, and didnt seem like it was really needed. It felt more like let's just cram a token black guy in the movie that everyone will love, which turned out to be of course Morgan Freeman, just like when NFL teams are required to interview a black coach for the head coach position, they turn to Dennis Green).

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh by the way, it is 4 scenes shot in the Imax ratio. So when those scenes come on the screen fills up vertically, while the rest of the movie is in letter box because of the hieght of the screen.

You're talking if you view the movie in an Imax theatre right? Cuz no way, if viewing in a standard theatre with the 2.35 ratio screen, could that ever happen.

Blinken
06-20-2008, 03:22 PM
The "original" (non adam west) did not have Catwoman. Unless you are talking about the Adam West one but that had the penguin in it to. To compare the new Batman movies to Batman and Robin is just plain wrong the only thing is that they both have a batman the similarities end there.

marooko
06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
i havent watch it in so long i dont really remember. which ever one had Jack Nicholson as the joker is the only one i liked. (that i sat through)

Blinken
06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
You're talking if you view the movie in an Imax theatre right? Cuz no way, if viewing in a standard theatre with the 2.35 ratio screen, could that ever happen.

of course only in Imax theaters, the ratio changes to 1.4:1 or something like that for those scenes. Apparently they played a scene before I Am Legend on the Imax and it was amazing.

amyzzz
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I had a crush on Robin (tv series) when I was a little girl. But he HAD to be wearing the mask or he didn't do it for me.

marooko
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
I had a crush on Robin (tv series) when I was a little girl. But he HAD to be wearing the mask or he didn't do it for me.

no wai!! me deux.

Blinken
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Batman_and_Robin_TV_show.jpg

amyzzz
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh dang, you beat me to it. I was going to post that very photo.

*happysigh*

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:40 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/439401903_9d9ba78b6e.jpg

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.ebombfilms.com/chomp/Ohfuck.gif

marooko
06-20-2008, 03:44 PM
fajitas.

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
http://www.kevincharnas.com/uploaded_images/Batman-Robin-Photograph-C11796794-736362.jpg

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
http://user.it.uu.se/~frho1323/BatmanWithBomb.jpg

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:47 PM
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2566/batman9af.jpg

menikmati
06-20-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.supanet.com/media/00/03/49/batman.jpg

JustSteve
06-20-2008, 06:16 PM

thoughts?

i see all big movies at big newport here in newport beach. they claim they have the largest screen west of the mississippi. seen so many midnight shows there...

Jenniehoo
06-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Ok - to set another record straight - Robin really wasn't gay. Haven't you ever been that friend that so dug the makeup of another friend that you were just perpetually on board? No? What about if you were friends with Batman. Just think about it. This is your fucking buddy - and he has such a boner for justice and vengeance that you're just indubitably on board. I mean, come on. This is your boy. He has this crazy conviction. The largest conviction you can come up with in your heart is the fury that Three's Company went off the air. So - you know - you're on board. For better or for worse - this is your buddy here. He's your inspiration. Hot chicks in fuck-me bikini tops come up and, yeah - maybe that would be nice - but you believe in a higher cause here. You believe in your friend.

Just not as gay as it always seems.

Boourns
06-21-2008, 03:42 AM
So I guess it's the Arclight or the Village at midnight. Neither theater has tickets on-sale yet.

schoolofruckus
06-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Ok - to set another record straight - Robin really wasn't gay. Haven't you ever been that friend that so dug the makeup of another friend that you were just perpetually on board? No? What about if you were friends with Batman. Just think about it. This is your fucking buddy - and he has such a boner for justice and vengeance that you're just indubitably on board. I mean, come on. This is your boy. He has this crazy conviction. The largest conviction you can come up with in your heart is the fury that Three's Company went off the air. So - you know - you're on board. For better or for worse - this is your buddy here. He's your inspiration. Hot chicks in fuck-me bikini tops come up and, yeah - maybe that would be nice - but you believe in a higher cause here. You believe in your friend.

I feel you on all of this......

Except that Robin was played by Chris O'Donnell. Let's just say that didn't do him any favors.

Jenniehoo
06-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Hey man - Chris O'Donnell was an adorable glitch of Hollywood's decision making body. Let's not persecute the character of Robin's kissassery on Chris O'Donnell's dimpled cheeks.

schoolofruckus
06-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Okay. As long as Robin is played next time by, like, Daniel Day-Lewis or something, I'm behind you all the way.

ghettojournalist
06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
what the heck, no SB tix available!?

Blinken
06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
How the hell can Daniel Day-Lewis be the BOY wonder??

marooko
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM

sounds like an affair in the works. he was GAY!!

Blinken
06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Even if he wasn't "gay" I am still pretty sure Batman fucked him up the ass.

marooko
06-23-2008, 09:27 AM
and even if he didnt, Robin wouldnt have said no if he asked.

Blinken
06-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't think Batman would ask, he would just ram his cock up Robin's ass. No questions asked, why else would he keep him around and call him the boy wonder?

marooko
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
so its the boy wonder because its wonder he can take a cock so forcefully? i see that. and you're right, Batman wouldnt ask. That was just theoretical.

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Twenty bucks will get you at LEAST twenty pieces of purple craft felt and a box of staples. Be creative.

i like hannah's thinking :) some of my best costumes have come from using whatever was cheap and available!!!

i do have a black mask. if i could find my batman sweater, i'm totally dressing up for this, i LOVE batman and can't wait!!!

amyzzz
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Y'all are ruining my girlhood Robin fantasy.

Boourns
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Maybe this Bat-cock ramming business is why Jason Todd became such an angry, murderous anti-hero when he was brought back to life.

sbessiso
06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
i can wait till I get my hands on some cid. every summer theres one or two movies that I trip for, the dark knight is definetly the one. (last year was harry potter in IMAX....wild stuff)

Boourns
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Cho Chang > Ginny Weasley

menikmati
06-23-2008, 12:15 PM
http://picturepoetry.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/batman-nipples.jpg

marooko
06-23-2008, 12:15 PM
i watched part of Twister on acid in the theaters. pretty fucking intense. my friend couldnt take it so i left with him. then it turns out he wasnt having a good time and just wanted to go home, and i didnt have the nerve to go talk to them myself to get back in. that was when i decided i did enjoy pink floyd and i found buju banton as well. good times.

sbessiso
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Cho Chang > Ginny Weasley

bullshit! cho chang was so lame, ginny fucking GETS potter man, she totalyl undertstands him

http://picturepoetry.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/batman-nipples.jpg

loooooooooooooooool

Boourns
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/batmansfacial1fk.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/batgirlwatch6um7sz.jpg

Boourns
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
bullshit! cho chang was so lame, ginny fucking GETS potter man, she totalyl undertstands him

Ginny might as well be his sister. I mean, the Weasleys practically raised him and all.

sbessiso
06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
yeah but cho chang was never really into him, she kinda just strung him along for a bit

amyzzz
06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I wonder how the movie Ginny will turn out because the book Ginny is bad-ass. Cho Chang is blah.

sbessiso
06-23-2008, 01:01 PM
blah to the nth-degree!

Boourns
06-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Cuter, too.

sbessiso
06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
yeah but of course you would say that! keep your dick out of it for a second, Ginny is, and has pretty much been since what the second book, the perfect match for harry

amyzzz
06-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I think corinna needs to be in this thread all of a sudden. She's the harry potter expert.

iv3rdawG
06-27-2008, 05:41 AM
So I guess most of the theatres have now started selling tickets to the shows.

whynotsmile99
06-27-2008, 08:49 AM
just got a wake up call from a friend, who got us tickets. 12:15 show at the Arclight, good seats. Can't friggin wait. The Dome is already sold out. the 12:15 is probably sold out too by now

Boourns
06-27-2008, 10:22 AM
WTF? I have been checking every day for these tickets to go on sale and now they are on sale but sold out? FUCK.

Thanks for the warning, arclight.

Boourns
06-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyone have a couple extra tickets? :P

Hmm, anyone ever been to the Vista? I'm wondering if they sell advance tickets. Called their number but it's just a repeating recording.

Look at this shit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Knight-THE-DOME-Hollywood-12-01am-Premier-Tickets_W0QQitemZ360065483873QQihZ023QQcategoryZ16 122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was able to get 12:01 tickets for all Star Wars and all Lord of the Rings movies so I dunno what's up with this.

Boourns
06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
A few tickets just popped back up for the 12:15am showing. Ah well, the seating in the dome isn't as comfortable as in the rest of the theater anyway.

I got seats in the exact spot I like to sit, too. Tickets resurfacing online was a very nice surprise.

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 12:31 PM
wow, reserved seats?

luckyface
06-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I really want to see the midnight showing, but the movie is 2 1/2 hours long. I don't think I can make it through the next day if I do that. I will probably just pre-buy Friday night tickets.

SFChrissy
06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I think corinna needs to be in this thread all of a sudden. She's the harry potter expert.
after reading this quote it lead me to google harry potter and when the next movie is coming out...I had no idea the actor who plays Ron Weasley was killed several days ago...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23926550-7485,00.html

Robert, 18, from Sidcup, Kent, had already recorded his role as teenage wizard Marcus Belby in Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince when he was stabbed in a street attack as he tried to protect his brother.

Many of the mourners wore pink shirts and ties after the family specifically asked for the ceremony to be as colourful as possible in his memory.

Robert's heartbroken mother Sally led the congregation in opting for colourful clothes instead of the traditional dark hues.

Dressed in a bright pink bolero-style cardigan, matching shoes and a polka dot dress, Mrs Knox had to be supported as the procession arrived for the service.

The ceremony in Eltham, southeast London, was just 5km from the bar where Robert was knifed days after finishing shooting the film, which is due for release in November.

A private funeral at the local crematorium was followed by a memorial service at St John the Evangelist Church in Sidcup.

A tribute-laden cortege led by a grey Rolls Royce made its way from the family home, followed by dozens of his close friends and family, ahead of the service.

Before the cortege set off, Mrs Knox and Robert's younger brother Jamie stood close by the hearse with their hands clutched and their heads bowed in sorrow.

A mourner, who did not want to be named, said: "Rob would've wanted us not to be sad but it's impossible not to be on a day like this."

His father Colin delivered a eulogy at the service and his mother read out a poem.

The teenager, who had been an actor since the age of 11, completed filming the latest Harry Potter movie five days before his death and had signed to appear in the next film.

He had also appeared in The Bill, the 2004 film King Arthur, and with actor Nicholas Lyndhurst last year in the BBC sitcom After You've Gone.

It is believed he was trying to protect his younger brother Jamie, 17, on the night he was killed.

His death on May 24 brought the total number of teenagers murdered in London this year to 14.

Email
Print
Share article
Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Post to NewsVine Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff Post to MySpace What are these? + More Movies
Also in MoviesGay stance wins Ruby Rose a role Tears flow at funeral of Harry Potter actor Never a dull moment with Carell Ledger clash of wills denied Locklear treated for depression Hathway's ex lover a 'fraud' Star nearly missed it by that much Gale will 'definitely' bring Wonder to screen Borat among new Oscars voters Sex and the City's Mr Big in town Ads By Google5 Tips for a Flat Stomach
Stop making these 5 mistakes & you will finally lose your ugly belly.

www.BellyFatIsUgly.net

6 Figure Income for 2008
Realtor is getting her dream home, from powerful home business,

www.HomeWealthEarnerCoach.com

"How To Lose Belly Fat"
Melts 15lbs of Fat in 30 Days. As Seen On CNN.

www.FireYourFat.com

Hannahrain
06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Stop making these 5 mistakes & you will finally lose your ugly belly.

www.BellyFatIsUgly.net

6 Figure Income for 2008
Realtor is getting her dream home, from powerful home business,

www.HomeWealthEarnerCoach.com

"How To Lose Belly Fat"
Melts 15lbs of Fat in 30 Days. As Seen On CNN.

www.FireYourFat.com

Maybe preview the post next time.

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
HOLY SHIT!

edit: wait that article says his character was named Marcus Belby. That's not ROn.

Hannahrain
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Also, reading comprehension is so hot right now:

after reading this quote it lead me to google harry potter and when the next movie is coming out...I had no idea the actor who plays Ron Weasley was killed several days ago...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...0-7485,00.html

Robert, 18, from Sidcup, Kent, had already recorded his role as teenage wizard Marcus Belby in Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince when he was stabbed in a street attack as he tried to protect his brother.

That's two different people.

iv3rdawG
06-27-2008, 01:12 PM
wow, reserved seats?

Yeah. One of the best perks about the Arclight. Arriving 5 mins before the showtime is very nice.

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah. One of the best perks about the Arclight. Arriving 5 mins before the showtime is very nice.
I used to work at a theatre with one super-big screen, and we would get people asking about reserved seats all the time for the big movies. Alas, the seats were not reserved.

Boourns
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I used to work at a theatre with one super-big screen, and we would get people asking about reserved seats all the time for the big movies. Alas, the seats were not reserved.

Sometimes the super-big screen theaters in LA will reserve rows for VIP's. They'll be taped off for industry suits/celebs/theater friends/whatever. I remember one time I was at a theater watching something on a weekday (maybe Star Wars?) and 10 minutes before showtime the row behind me was cleared out and blocked off and then a big group came in and sat down as the lights went out. I didn't recognize anyone, but I'm terrible at that.

When I saw Return of the King, Megan Fox demanded that everyone in her row move down so her group could be in the middle, or some such nonsense. I was in the next row.

iv3rdawG
06-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Arclight have added another show: 12:16 AM

Boourns
06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Beat me to it.

Also...
THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
Darkness Descends on ArcLight Cinemas!
ArcLight Hollywood, ArcLight Sherman Oaks
The Cinerama Dome at ArcLight Hollywood will host 24 hours of THE DARK KNIGHT beginning at midnight Thursday, 7/17. Be one of the first people in the theater and receive limited edition DARK KNIGHT gear, while supplies last.
ArcLight Hollywood
Friday, July 18: come see costumes from THE DARK KNIGHT - Christian Bale's Batman, Heath Ledger's Joker, and clown masks from the film.
Saturday, July 19: hot from the set, THE BAT-POD will be on display at ArcLight Hollywood.
Click Here to purchace advance tickets!

sbessiso
06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
THIS close to securing my cid for the flick =)!

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
THIS close to securing my cid for the flick =)!
You're tempting me.

sbessiso
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
You're tempting me.

you know you wanna. i'm so excited for this, and ooh lala, at the IMAX too?? 'nuff said

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, the freaking IMAX! I wonder if I can walk all the way home from our IMAX? I think it's a couple miles away.

Blinken
06-27-2008, 04:03 PM
The IMax in Irvine is sold out now too, they added a 3:15 showing though. I already got my tickets, so I am happy.

Boourns
06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
The reason the 12:01 Arclight showing of The Dark Knight sold out so quickly Friday morning is because nukedthefridge.com bought 200 tickets.

sbessiso
06-30-2008, 02:45 AM
Boourns, you should totally add THE DARK KNIGHT to your sig list of upcoming awesomeness

luckyface
06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
http://johnlafoe.com/pics/jokerclap.gif

sbessiso
07-01-2008, 02:29 PM
WHOA!

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/batsnewpostersmall.jpg

Young blood
07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
The design work put into that is incredibly beautiful. I would love to have that poster.

sbessiso
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
i figured it would be appreciated on here

ghettojournalist
07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
new poster:

http://www.whysoserious.com/stupidbats/images/stupidbats_a.jpg

sbessiso
07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
i beat you to it literally three posts ago

ghettojournalist
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
i know, but the poster isn't in your post and there is no link to it, so i placed it for more to see.

sbessiso
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
wait, you guys cant see it when i posted it?

ghettojournalist
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
yeah, all i can see is a post that says "WHOA!"
no poster, no link. i don't know what happened. did you get it from the "stupid bats" why so serious link?

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
i'm at work, and i can see sbessiso's poster, weird. normally i can't see much.

Boourns
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, like 99% of sites nowadays, superherohype won't allow hotlinking to their images.

sbessiso
07-01-2008, 04:20 PM
so weird...i'll never understand the interwebz

iv3rdawG
07-10-2008, 08:01 PM
http://whysoserious.com/kickingandscreening/

Blinken
07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Well that is all sold out already, oh well only one week left bitches

menikmati
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
If this film disappoints, I'm gonna feel sorry for you guys.

whynotsmile99
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
new poster:

http://www.whysoserious.com/stupidbats/images/stupidbats_a.jpg

yea, international posters are generally nicer than stateside ones for some reason. this is easily the best DK poster. I didn't like the high glossy ones they had for a while.

fasttrack
07-10-2008, 11:30 PM
as bad as i want to see this movie, i'm going to wait at least a week after it comes out to see it. i hate being in a crowded theater.

sbessiso
07-11-2008, 01:05 AM
i'm *pretty* sure I have my acid for next week!

weeeeee

ghettojournalist
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
it sucks man. i have two tickets for the San Diego IMAX "kicking and screening", but i can't go. seeing it in the Arlington in Santa Barbara won't be too bad though...

sbessiso
07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
whats the "kicking and screening"?

Blinken
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
whats the "kicking and screening"?

Salah meet iv3rdawg

http://whysoserious.com/kickingandscreening/

iv3rdawG
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
President of IMAX, Greg Foster: "IMAX pre-sales are at a level where we have never even gotten near. As of today, which is 8 days before the movie comes out, we're well over 2 million dollars of box office in advance ticket sales. We have never been near that."

iv3rdawG
07-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Philips and Roeper's review:

UELDTKPC-lo

menikmati
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
This might be the coolest thing I have ever watched.

KQ9D0SWscMs

suprefan
07-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Awesome, they should redub it with the blu ray disc audio.....

Hopeless Semantic
07-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Menik, did you get credit for appearing in the clip? The mob gunmen had your hair ;)

menikmati
07-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna play with my legos tomorrow.

Boourns
07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I fucking love Legos. Greatest toys of all-time. I should go buy some.

shakermaker113
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
the two greatest things ever done with lego:

the brick testament (http://www.thebricktestament.com/)

and the giant lego brick used to re-enact a scene from indiana jones on the streets of san francisco:

VFGVzt7c5bY

Boourns
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm catching one of the midnight shows at the arclight and I want my second time to be on an IMAX screen.

Just checked for IMAX tickets at The Bridge (times in italics are sold out)...
Thursday (actually Friday): 12:01am, 3:05am
Friday: 06:05am, 09:10am, 12:15pm, 3:30pm, 6:45pm, 10:10pm, 1:15am
Saturday: 09:00am, 12:15pm, 3:30pm, 6:45pm, 10:10pm
Sunday: 09:00am, 12:15pm, 3:30pm, 6:45pm, 10:10pm

Oops.

iv3rdawG
07-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Arclight has 12 screenings ranging from 12:01-12:46 AM and they are all sold out.

whynotsmile99
07-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Arclight has 12 screenings ranging from 12:01-12:46 AM and they are all sold out.

oh my god it's going to be a madhouse there. I can't wait. So glad Arclight does reserved seats

Boourns
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Hell yes. Way better than waiting hours in line only to be stuck in the back row because of all the cutters.

Is the arclight parking garage big enough to handle a sold out show on every screen at the same time?

iv3rdawG
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Is the arclight parking garage big enough to handle a sold out show on every screen at the same time?

It's pretty big but I'm not sure.. this is a lot. They also get people from Amoeba and other stores.

luckyface
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
It's pretty big but I'm not sure.. this is a lot. They also get people from Amoeba and other stores.

Amoeba closes at 11. The other stores will probably close earlier being that it is a Thursday night, unless they make a special exception for that night to match the hype.

iv3rdawG
07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah but you know people will be coming before 11, especially the 12:01 crowd.

Boourns
07-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Counting the midnight showings, 21 out of the 30 opening day showings are sold out. Even the 6:50am show is getting pretty full.

Batmania...it's like 1989 all over again!

zenidogx
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
for anyone in LA or NYC

http://www.myspace.com/blackcurtain

universal city walk at 6pm.
lines will form early for this.
and i can't f-in make it!

iv3rdawG
07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not even going to bother. People will be lining up hours and hours before it starts. And it'll all be Myspace people.

Blinken
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Sounds fun, but yeah you would have to get there very early to see it.

Only 50 hours left :)

Edit: Thanks for reminding me about all the myspace people that would be hell in line with them

apostle2
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Arclight - 12:05 am. So fucking pumped, even though our seats kind of suck.

zenidogx
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
i would wait several hours. most dark knight crowds will have its fair share of losers anyways.

sucks though, i wont be seeing the movie for a while.
i'll prolly see Step Brothers first.

dark knight is better, but shake and bake is irresistable

Boourns
07-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow...that would be amazing. Early and FREE? I wonder how many people the Universal City IMAX seats.

I actually did something like this for the third Harry Potter movie. It was at the Chinese...not Grauman's, but on one of the screens in the mall, which was weird because Grauman's would've held way more people. I arrived a few hours early and got a good seat.

Maybe I'll try this.

iv3rdawG
07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I'd rather just wait another day than deal with that crowd. Especially if you already have your tickets bought.

whynotsmile99
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
that free myspace thing would be awful, the wait, the people...god, you'd have to get there 8 hours in advance and hang out with 14 year olds all day.

So what records can we expect TDK night to break? I think it's going to have one of the largest grossing Fridays ever, based on how many early morning shows are selling out all over the place

iv3rdawG
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I think it's going to break Spider-Man 3's record of $150 million or whatever. Comingsoon.net's The Weekend Warrior (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=46878) thinks it'll do around $126 though.

whynotsmile99
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I just realized Mama Mia and Space Chimps come out the same day. Fuck Batman then!

Blinken
07-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Well the studios are lowballing it, so it can exceed expectations. I think $160 or $165.

Blinken
07-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Space Chimps!!! fuck batman at Midnight I am going to Space Chimps

Boourns
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm actually posting this from the Space Chimps line.

luckyface
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Are you a billionaire decathlete? Then you can become Batman. (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=dark-knight-shift-why-bat)

Beef Jerky
07-17-2008, 05:31 AM
Woo! Tomorrow!!

Wow, this week went by so fast.

sbessiso
07-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Mamma Mia! looks reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy good too

Blinken
07-17-2008, 07:08 AM
LOL, Oh Salah how did I know you would want to see Mamma Mia!!! Did you ever see Sex In The City??

Only 16 hours left :D

sbessiso
07-17-2008, 07:10 AM
everytime we tried to go see sex and the city we ended up getting wayy too drunk and high to function and then we would eat pizza and forget that we had a movie to go to

but I will see Mamma Mia! goddammit....its Brosnan singing!!

Blinken
07-17-2008, 07:12 AM
I'll believe it when it happens. After all your talk on SATC I am dissapointed in you, this is the underwear toss all over again

sbessiso
07-17-2008, 07:13 AM
you're hurting my feelings!

but I deserve it, thanks for keeping me grounded Blink

iv3rdawG
07-17-2008, 07:55 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9047/darkknightver4mt2.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9674/1179708837ox7.jpg

whynotsmile99
07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
tonights the night folks.

I don't remember looking forward to a movie for so long ever. Arclight will probably be pretty memorable tonight, as all geeks from LA descend on Hollywood like flies on shit.

See ya there

Boourns
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
I was too young or too nonexistent to see the Star Wars movies in theaters and my Star Wars nerd phase didn't really happen until 1997 and ended in 2001/2002 when I became obsessed with Radiohead instead. But I did see Batman in theaters. Opening day. It was life-changing. So I guess I "grew up" with Batman in the way that gen-xers grew up with Star Wars. But yeah, Batmania lives again!

Blinken
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Almost there

Boourns
07-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Just got back. Wow. Holy shit that was incredible. I'll just say that all the positive buzz is actually underhyping the film.

Anyways, did anyone else go to the Arclight tonight? That was...interesting. About 45 minutes in, the fire alarm goes off and the movie and a/c turn off. And we're told to evacuate. Then told to go back inside. Then the alarm goes back on. Eventually they start it up again. But as we were leaving we were told to save our ticket stubs and we could exchange them for a ticket to any movie, no restrictions.

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Crazy. It was a great fucking film, on so many levels. I won't say anything else yet so I don't spoil anything for the people seeing it tomarrow.

The IMax in Irvine was done up real nice, the had some of the Joker's phrases in written in red paint over the mirrors of the hallways, and when we got in it was the bat signal on the screen.

paulb
07-18-2008, 02:34 AM
that sounds pretty cool. i saw some people with make up on, dressed as the joker...

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 02:34 AM
the movie was great. I liked how it played out. The only knock was Batman's voice. It was a bit annoying at times. Was it just me or did Bruce Wayne hardly come out in the movie?

paulb
07-18-2008, 02:35 AM
of the closet?

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:36 AM
They made the people at our theater take off their makeup.

paulb
07-18-2008, 02:40 AM
why?

Blinken
07-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Security or some shit, it was lame. I thought it was funny that people are in line for the 6:15 shows right now

paulb
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
that is pretty bad... I got inside at 11pm, and got a good seat.

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
6:15 shows? fuck that, I would just wait till later on today. So I wrote that in the worst way possible. Bruce is hardly a factor in this movie, in the first one it was all about bruce wayne, and hardly about batman, and this one is well yeah. Don't want to give anything away.

fasttrack
07-18-2008, 02:49 AM
the movie was great. I liked how it played out. The only knock was Batman's voice. It was a bit annoying at times. Was it just me or did Bruce Wayne hardly come out in the movie?

well, the movie is called "the dark night" not "bruce wayne".

Boourns
07-18-2008, 02:57 AM
Saw a lot of great costumes tonight...a few Jokers with full costumes, some people painted in clown makeup that looked more like juggalos than Jokers, Poison Ivy, Batman, etc.

I wish I had a Spider-man costume. Do it for the lulz.

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 02:57 AM
well I fucking know that smart guy. I was just saying.

Boourns
07-18-2008, 03:03 AM
So I was doing the math and it seems the Arclight is set to lose $50,000 if everyone actually exchanges their ticket stub from tonight for another ticket. If the dome seats 800 people and the other 12 midnight shows have 200-400 people in each, and tickets are $12 ($14 on weekends)...wow. One employee said someone pulled the alarm, another said there actually was a little smoke. Either way, someone's in deep shit.

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 03:07 AM
wait you didn't get to finish watching the movie?
NEVERMIND.

PassiveTheory
07-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah, it was amazing. Simply put, amazing.

I need to see it in IMAX, though.

Boourns
07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
I was planning on seeing it next week at The Bridge because they have IMAX but I don't think I can wait until then. May have to go back to the arclight and cash in my free ticket this weekend. I believe every IMAX show at the Bridge this weekend is long sold out, even a show or two on Monday.

Cpt. Funkaho
07-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Just got back.

Wow, that was good. I actually agree re: the underhyping comment. Saw it with my girlfriend; she has to work in four hours. Rough for her. I have Fridays off because I live right.

MassiveChemicalPunk
07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Saw a lot of great costumes tonight...a few Jokers with full costumes, some people painted in clown makeup that looked more like juggalos than Jokers, Poison Ivy, Batman, etc.

Wow, that bitch has bad taste.

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Anyways, did anyone else go to the Arclight tonight? That was...interesting. About 45 minutes in, the fire alarm goes off and the movie and a/c turn off. And we're told to evacuate. Then told to go back inside. Then the alarm goes back on. Eventually they start it up again. But as we were leaving we were told to save our ticket stubs and we could exchange them for a ticket to any movie, no restrictions.

I went but I was in The Dome. We weren't effected and didn't hear any of that, weird.

AND HERE WE GO!

That was a really awesome experience. Just a load of fun and great performances all around. Wonderful action sequences too.

Boourns
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
So what happened for the dome people? Any free shit? Special guests?

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Not really. I think the first couple people got some free t-shirts. Nothing special.

whynotsmile99
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
So I was doing the math and it seems the Arclight is set to lose $50,000 if everyone actually exchanges their ticket stub from tonight for another ticket. If the dome seats 800 people and the other 12 midnight shows have 200-400 people in each, and tickets are $12 ($14 on weekends)...wow. One employee said someone pulled the alarm, another said there actually was a little smoke. Either way, someone's in deep shit.

that's incredible. so it was the entire theater, not just lucky number 15? I was in 15. 12:15 show. people were pissssssed. We couldn't tell if it was all theaters or just ours. I must say, i have never had a movie experience like this. it felt more like a concert at times. Getting out of there was ntus too. I didn't make it home till 4:20. The walk from parking structure to theater was insane. And that fire alarm was such a buzz kill. Easily the biggest day in Arclight's history. They couldn't have picked a worse day for this too happen. I don't like how it took 15 minutes to get one of the ushers into theater 15 to tell everyone not to evacuate.
i thought i lost my ticket but i'm happy I just found it.

movie itself was epic. I was exhausted by last act, so look forward to watching the movie again when I'm a bit more alert.

Batman's voice was fucking bad. Way more than Batman Begins. People were laughing when he would talk. It just looked silly.

Batpod/truck scene was INCREDIBLE

Ledger really did do an amazing job. I thought Aaron Eckheart was fantastic as well

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
I thought Bale's Batman voice was good in Batman Begins, but in this one his voice is just terrible. What the fuck was he thinking?

thestripe
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
seeing it tonight at 6:45.

PUMPED.

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
The Dark Knight Sets New Midnight Record!
Source: Variety
July 18, 2008

Record #2? Check!

The Dark Knight grossed the most ever for midnight shows, earning a massive $18.5 million from 3,040 theaters. The number did not include the 3:00 a.m. and 6 a.m. showings.

The Batman Begins follow-up broke the previous midnight record set by 20th Century Fox's Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith which grossed $16.9 million from 3,663 theaters. "Sith" went on to make $50 million in its first day, which was a Thursday. The highest single day opening record is currently held by Sony's Spider-Man 3, which made $59.8 million.

This morning, The Dark Knight expanded into a record 4,366 theaters.

menikmati
07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't remind me how awful Sith was/is. Though, in some way, I kinda miss having a new star wars come out every 3 years...this would of been that year.

iv3rdawG
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I kinda miss having a new star wars come out every 3 years...this would of been that year.

http://www.animated-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/clone-wars-01.jpg

;)

menikmati
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Im not looking forward to the new star wars tv shows at all.

KungFuJoe
07-18-2008, 12:17 PM
um. this is that year

zPI48Ti548c

KungFuJoe
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
but back to Dark Knight. I'm going to see if I can get into a matinee in one hour. Hope it's good.

I'm not as geeked out about it as most of you here, but I am looking foward to it. Although I must admit I still have the joker t-shirt I bought when the Tim Burton Batman first opened.

Sushov23
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Don't remind me how awful Sith was/is. Though, in some way, I kinda miss having a new star wars come out every 3 years...this would of been that year.

Revenge of the Sith is a great movie.

sbessiso
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Revenge of the Sith is a great movie.

this statment is out of control fail