PDA

View Full Version : OUCH! ANYONE FOR ACCUPRESSURE?

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 01:13 AM
It's been well over a week since I woke up with what I thought was just a stiff neck. Since then, and thanks to my searching the internet for info, I'm still in a huge amount of pain along with the self knowledge that I have a brain tumor one day, followed by a day of just a simple pulled muscle. Either way, the Doll is definitely broken and needs to be fixed. Because of the changing symptoms, I decided it was something out of whack and went to a nearby chiropractor who talked me into trying accupressure instead of drugs, etc. (Dammit!) He poked and stabbed at different areas without even getting near my neck, only to conclude it was something with my bladder. (Try telling my neck that, asshole!) Anyway, he poked some more before finally popping the shit out of my neck and sending me on my way, telling me to come back for additional treatments until I'm all aligned again. I thought he did the trick, yet woke up still sore and broken. Has anybody else dealt with accupressure treatments as opposed to regular medical and drug treatments for shit like this? Is this guy just gonna take me for a ride with all his poking and probing, or is there truth to this accupressure? Let's put it this way...I don't mind the drugs, dammit! My fucking neck hurts!

stinkbutt
06-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Isn't it usually referred to as acupuncture?

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Accupuncture is being poked with needles and pins. Same idea though. I don't do needles and pins though.

JustSteve
06-19-2008, 08:11 AM
pussy. i have been doing acupuncture for almost a year now and it is great. one time my guy put a needle in my foot and my leg jolted and i nearly kicked him in the head! it was like i was shocked, could really feel the electricity running through me, the shit even went through the needle and shocked my doc, so f'n funny! the body is crazy...

locachica73
06-19-2008, 08:20 AM
I think combining the drugs with the chiropractor/accupressure is the best bet. Also do ice and heat on your neck and stretching excercises. A few years back I had to have a spinal tap and the hole didnt clot so I ended up with leaking spinal fluid. It fucked me up for about a year after and I had to do alot of physical therapy which I wouldn't have been able to make it through without high levels of muscle relaxers and pain meds.

TomAz
06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
It's been well over a week since I woke up with what I thought was just a stiff neck. Since then, and thanks to my searching the internet for info, I'm still in a huge amount of pain along with the self knowledge that I have a brain tumor one day, followed by a day of just a simple pulled muscle. Either way, the Doll is definitely broken and needs to be fixed. Because of the changing symptoms, I decided it was something out of whack and went to a nearby chiropractor who talked me into trying accupressure instead of drugs, etc. (Dammit!) He poked and stabbed at different areas without even getting near my neck, only to conclude it was something with my bladder. (Try telling my neck that, asshole!) Anyway, he poked some more before finally popping the shit out of my neck and sending me on my way, telling me to come back for additional treatments until I'm all aligned again. I thought he did the trick, yet woke up still sore and broken. Has anybody else dealt with accupressure treatments as opposed to regular medical and drug treatments for shit like this? Is this guy just gonna take me for a ride with all his poking and probing, or is there truth to this accupressure? Let's put it this way...I don't mind the drugs, dammit! My fucking neck hurts!

fuck that shit. just get a massage.

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 08:22 AM
I hear the guillotine does wonders for neck pain.

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I seriously considered a guillotine about 3 days ago! I'm not one to lay around in bed all day and the worst part was trying to sit relaxed in front of this thing. (No, actually the worst part was paging through all the possible diseases and shit that were related to my symptoms! Christ, I thought Ol' Mario was gonna give me a reason for the pain in my neck by wringing it one nite when he got home!) I will say that once the Voodoo Dr. took hold of it and jerked the shit out of it, I felt relief! And I actually woke up this morning with out having to lay there and think about how to get out of bed without the pain layin' my ass back down. I guess I'll give the poking and jabbing another try in afew days and then get TomAz's preferred treatment...Umm, massage!

TheWatcher
06-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Give the chiropractor a chance. You'll have to go back a few times, and he'll give you exercises to do: do them!

I've had acupressure done on my shoulder before, when I woke up with a frozen shoulder, and it didn't go away for days. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps.

Also, deep massage can help with stubborn stiffness and pain, but it can hurt, and leave you sore for a while. Healing can hurt, but these things will probably help more than drugs. Most drugs just mask the problem, unless you're taking muscle relaxants or something.

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, he said it would take afew visits to realign my points, and he was pretty cool about showing me where to apply this myself. No muscle relaxers though. Hell, this guys kid was right there during my adjustment and the Dr. proceeds to tell me his kid has never had a shot or seen a doctor, and was born at home! He just doesn't believe in any drugs, I guess. Wierd, since I thought booster shots were mandatory as kids? Not sure, and I wanted to ask him what he'd do if his boy contracted an STD or something in the future. You know, would it change his beliefs. Anyway...I'll be patient and give it a shot! Oh, wait...that's accupuncture! :)-

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 05:56 AM
yer body is electric.

acupuncture works.

but

we will all die of something.

BROKENDOLL
06-21-2008, 02:45 AM
3 Days Later... Amazing! It took a day or so, but I almost feel normal again. (Well, as fuckin' close to normal as I'll ever get!) I go to this Voodoo guy again on tuesday for more manual poking and jabbing, but to be honest, the only soreness that's left, I'm sure is from that jolt he did on my neck. Other than that, whenever I feel a twitch or a muscle feeling like it's gonna tweek, I've been applying my own poking to the pressure points he pointed out. I'm not positive if he does the accupunture, but after reading up on it I'd be game to give it a shot. (Ha,ha,ha! Get it? A shot?)

TheWatcher
06-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah, he said it would take afew visits to realign my points, and he was pretty cool about showing me where to apply this myself. No muscle relaxers though. Hell, this guys kid was right there during my adjustment and the Dr. proceeds to tell me his kid has never had a shot or seen a doctor, and was born at home! He just doesn't believe in any drugs, I guess. Wierd, since I thought booster shots were mandatory as kids? Not sure, and I wanted to ask him what he'd do if his boy contracted an STD or something in the future. You know, would it change his beliefs. Anyway...I'll be patient and give it a shot! Oh, wait...that's accupuncture! :)-

Actually, getting immunized is not required. The schools don't want you to know that though.

BROKENDOLL
06-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Yah, I wasn't too sure on it, but still...No tetanus shot? What if his kid steps on something with that shit? Is poking him somewhere gonna keep him alive?

TheWatcher
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Yah, I wasn't too sure on it, but still...No tetanus shot? What if his kid steps on something with that shit? Is poking him somewhere gonna keep him alive?

Actually, depending on where you live, tetanus is probably a very small risk.

I think that it's best to weight the risks and benefits of any immunizations.

There are risks. And, the shots don't work 100%. My daughter got the MMR shot, but still got something that appeared to be measles. And, I am pretty sure that I had whooping cough as a small child.

My daughter had a very severe allergic reaction to a TB test when she was about 12, and I was not able to get any answers. She has not had any shots since then. (She is now 20).

BROKENDOLL
06-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I've come to another conclusion in regards to the pain in my neck...Sitting up until the wee fucking hours in front of this motherfucker is not healthy! I'm going to go pinch and poke the fuck out of myself now, thank you!

matildawong
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
hope your neck is doing better, brokendoll. I'm having a similar thing -- I wake up and the area from my neck to my shoulder blade is so stiff and sore and it lasts the entire day. Sometimes up to 3 days. I can't tell if i'm sleeping on my neck wrong or what.

Your description of how your research causes you to think brain tumor one day, pulled muscle the next, cracked me up. I'm doing the same thing.

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Well I don't feel like throwing myself to the guillotine any longer, so yes, it must be doing better. I was pretty stressed the day before this shit started, and was shifting shit around in my livingroom. I probably shifted shit around in my upper back n' neck without realizing it. Whatever was outa whack was pinching a nerve or something. But all those internet medical sites have symptom charts you can follow and whenever a really sharp pain would ahppen, I was most certain that an artery into my brain was gonna explode, and then I would be splatteredoll! If yours is still fucking with you, have a chiropractor take a look. $85 wasn't too bad for feeliong this much better. As for the accupressure? Try this... If the right side of your neck area is hurting, take your pointing finger of your right hand and apply direct pressure to the lower left inner ankle. (by the ankle bone) Opposite deal if it's more the left bothering you. For the shoulder, use the opposite hand and pointing finger and apply pressure to the area right inside and above the elbow crease. No guarantees, but since my Dr. showed me this shit, I've been trippin' on poking myself and it seems to be working!

corbo
06-22-2008, 10:23 PM

about four weeks ago i woke up with a sore neck and im bearly getting a little better. didnt seek out drugs or chiropractic treatment tho..

stretching and excersice is doing the trick

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm serious. Give it a poke with pressure. (Enough to hurt alittle.) You can almost feel relief where the original pain is. (Either that, or I'm losing my mind! :)-)