PDA

View Full Version : Peter Hook is about to be interviewed on Big Sonic Heaven

ivankay
06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
just in case your interested. If you are out of the signal's range in So Cal, you can go here (http://indie1031.com/4045_Listen_Live.php?id=27) and hear it one of a few ways.

PassiveTheory
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Hmmm... I guess I'll listen. He's my bass hero, but man is he a douchenozzle.

PassiveTheory
06-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Funny, actually, I could have gotten Technique today for 6$ but didn't bother.

ivankay
06-18-2008, 11:15 PM
i love Technique...."you got love technique". i still need to see Control.

my Peter Hook story:

A long time ago in a place called Irvine Meadows, New Order was headlining a tour with Public Image and the Sugarcubes. After being blown away by the girl singing for the opening act (goosebumps), my friend and i went to get a beer. Out by the beer line was standing one of the greatest bass players ever. Just standing there with no one talking to him. "That's Peter Hook!" i say to my friend. i approached and thanked him for the great songs. He was very nice and said "thanks". Then beer was got and we went back to the pit where we had tickets for where my friend took great pride in spitting on Mr. Lydon.

jazzz
06-18-2008, 11:17 PM
but he's very funny especially vs. Mark E. Smith course Mark always wins

jazzz
06-18-2008, 11:22 PM
i love Technique...."you got love technique". i still need to see Control.

my Peter Hook story:

A long time ago in a place called Irvine Meadows, New Order was headlining a tour with Public Image and the Sugarcubes. After being blown away by the girl singing for the opening act (goosebumps), my friend and i went to get a beer. Out by the beer line was standing one of the greatest bass players ever. Just standing there with no one talking to him. "That's Peter Hook!" i say to my friend. i approached and thanked him for the great songs. He was very nice and said "thanks". Then beer was got and we went back to the pit where we had tickets for where my friend took great pride in spitting on Mr. Lydon.

Irvine Meadows Ca.? I don't remember PIL... but I was at a tour with Abecedarians-The Fall- The Durutti Column.. then a few yrs later w/ Echo and the Bunnymen

ivankay
06-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Irvine Meadows Ca.? I don't remember PIL... but I was at a tour with Abecedarians-The Fall- The Durutti Column.. then a few yrs later w/ Echo and the Bunnymen

1989. This is from a Sugarcubes biography (http://www.musicianguide.com/biographies/1608001660/Sugarcubes-The.html):

Throughout 1989 the Sugarcubes toured the U.S. with post-punk dance outfit New Order and Public Image Ltd., the former Johnny Rotten's Sex Pistols successor, as part of the "Monsters of Synth" tour.

jazzz
06-18-2008, 11:34 PM
went to a ton of shows at Irvine Meadows but must of missed that one! Damn. PIL.

kroqken
11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Irvine Meadows was never one of my favorite venues. I went to the KROQ Weenie Roast there in 2004. Reading about the Sugarcubes brings back memories, I would love to see them reunite.