PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Democracy leaked?

dorkfish
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
TheInternet

I have no speakers at work. Is this a joke?

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Whos Axl?

AxYoung
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
No joke.

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
No WAI!

5min.....so excited.

fatbastard
06-18-2008, 05:27 PM
http://www.roadgladiator.com/uploads/chinese_take%20out.jpg

suprefan
06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Lete see

MarkO
06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Who cares ? Srsly. It's more of a joke than a STP reunion. At least Velvet Revolver could get a couple of albums released !

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:35 PM
its gnr.

I care.

thats who.

Blinken
06-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Is it real Young?

sonofhal
06-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll give it a try out of pure morbid curiosity.

MarkO
its gnr.

I care.

thats who.

No it's not G n' R. Stop deluding yourself.

Young blood
It could be someone that sounds like axl. but im guessing its real

Blinken
06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Cool, i'll check it out when i get done with work.

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I dont know.....some songs sound like him and other sound fake.

Blinken
06-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Either way he probably go back into the studio for another 5 years since it was possibly leaked

full on idle
06-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Whatever it is, it's awful.

frozen pilgrim
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I got free fifth row tickets to the axl rose touring shit-circus last october, and left half way through.
axl is nothing without slash

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Its true, it sucks hard.

Mr.Nipples
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
hes the one they call dr.feelgood...hes the one that makes you feel alright!

Young blood
06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I want my dr pepper.

devachan
06-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Ugh. How disappointing. Delete.

Mr.Nipples
06-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I want my dr pepper.

shit, i almost forgot!

menikmati
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
GnR (and Axl) is everything that is wrong with rock n roll.

Young blood
06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
GnR was fantastic at one time.

that time is long gone and it shows in this album.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm kewl...
http://manolomen.com/images/Axl%20Rose.jpg

dorkfish
06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/06/18/the-real-chinese-democracy-may-have-leaked/

GOOGLE

faxman75
06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Fuck all the haters. When a band that was legendary comes back, you give it a chance. I'm listening as we speak. I'm excited for this. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Wasn't Shaq supposed to have rapped on this album? wtf where is that track? lol

MarkO
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Fuck all the haters. When a band that was legendary comes back, you give it a chance. ...........

*That* legendary band didn't come back; just one guys ego and a bunch of hired assholes.

faxman75
06-18-2008, 08:27 PM
True but i'm still interested and it's not bad at all. :)

BobCaygeon
06-18-2008, 08:28 PM
*That* legendary band didn't come back; just one guys ego and a bunch of hired assholes.

...and a former Replacement.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Isn't this hairband crap and sex, drugs, and rock n roll shit over with yet?

faxman75
06-18-2008, 08:31 PM
GnR wasn't exactly a hair band. They were flat out rock.

Jerm05
06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm w/ ya faxman..I grew up on that shit, so i'm giving it a chance

Young blood
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I think menik is still mad over the mtv awards.

Kurt/Axl.

MarkO
06-18-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm w/ ya faxman..I grew up on that shit, so i'm giving it a chance

I was 14 when Appetite came out ...... I grew up on it too but I drew a line under Gn'R when Slash left.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
SseKZBJpq0g

JustSteve
06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
i used to work for axl's manager back in the mid to late 90's, true story.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I think menik is still mad over the mtv awards.

Kurt/Axl.

I think Nirvana won that. GnR has been irrelevant since.

JustSteve
06-18-2008, 08:57 PM
the long story about that incident is pretty funny, but way too involved to get into, i'm too tired.

TickleMeElmo
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm at work and can't listen to it yet, so for those of you who have it...

...ummmmm how is it?!?

fatbastard
06-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Fat Elvis=Fat Axil

JustSteve
06-18-2008, 09:29 PM
"there was a time", very subtle, axl...

Hopeless Semantic
06-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Nothing got me going more often than Civil War...but this is too much for me to bear.

Sushov23
06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
FUCK GNR without Slash, and FUCK Nirvana WELL simply because they = overrated.

betao
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
FUCK GNR without Slash, and FUCK Nirvana WELL simply because they = overrated.

oh dear.

algunz
06-18-2008, 10:06 PM
The hate on GnR is unwarranted. They rocked hard back in their day. I wouldn't put them in the hair band category at all. I saw them in 1990 and they were amazing. Their demise had nothing to do with the grunge scene. It was Axl's frickin' crazy ass ego that killed 'em.

Now though . . . well I haven't heard or seen much of interest in way too long.

Sushov23
06-18-2008, 10:56 PM
see I think ORIGINAL LINEUP GNR are fucking sick, I would even welcome it to Coachella 09. Well I feel about Nirvana that way because well yeah.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Nirvana ran circles around GnR.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
MarkO knows whats up. GnR was the fuckin shit back in the day. Without the rest of the band though, especially slash, it is NOT GnR. And anybody who thinks different is pretty retarded. And menik was probably like 3 when GnR released appetite, so he has no clue wtf hes talking about.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't think Kurt could out run Axl. A sprint or long distance, I'd put my money on Axl.

And age is irrelevant. Most of us were the unborn when Floyd were putting together their songs, but we still were stoked when we heard Waters was joining us.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:13 PM
i dont think kurt could do much of anything except write a catchy song. other than though, he pretty much sucked at life.

bballarl
06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Kurt Cobain is dead.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:15 PM
i dont think kurt could do much of anything except write a catchy song. other than though, he pretty much sucked at life.

Yes. Axl didn't suck at life!!!

shakermaker113
06-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Kurt Cobain is dead.

and yet he has put out more music and garnered more respect in the last 10 years than axl, who is very much alive.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:17 PM

I think this might be one of the dumbest things said on this board.

Sorry, sex, but that was just ricockulous.

bballarl
06-18-2008, 11:19 PM
and yet he has put out more music and garnered more respect in the last 10 years than axl, who is very much alive.

All I was saying was that Kurt Cobain is dead.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM

i respect axl more than kurt, cuz at least he had the balls to tough it out even when life sucked. kurt was too pussy for that. i bet if axl had blown his head off at the height of his popularity, he would be a fuckin martyr too, just like kurt.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Respect Axl? Now that's definitely the stupidest thing said . . . ever.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:26 PM
i respect axl more than kurt, cuz at least he had the balls to tough it out even when life sucked. kurt was too pussy for that. i bet if axl had blown his head off at the height of his popularity, he would be a fuckin martyr too, just like kurt.

Oh please. Axl died off and has tried to make numerous come backs, and each time nobody cares or gives a shit. He's irrelevant, something that can't be said about Kurt and Nirvana, even almost 15 years later.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't say GnR is irrelevant. Shockingly, my 7th graders know more about GnR, then they do about Nirvana.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't say GnR is irrelevant. Shockingly, my 7th graders know more about GnR, then they do about Nirvana.

Well that's sad. You should introduce them to some good music. I remember when I was in 7th grade, we would listen to Nirvana in my math class. In fact, my math teacher would play us Nirvana tunes on his acoustic guitar during class (I remember him playing Come As You Are). It was great. (I actually passed him by when I was at Target a few weeks back...I was walking into the store, and I actually had a Nirvana shirt on, and I recognized him as we made quick eye contact as we passed each other by the door, and I think he may of remembered me or at least noticed my shirt...but it was busy, so I didn't stop and say hi or anything, oh well).

thelastgreatman
06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Cobain had some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Yes, THE best.

thelastgreatman
Cobain chose suicide. Axl chose plastic surgery. Who's pathetic again?

bballarl
He was a genius. He meaning Cobain.

bballarl
06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
And Courtney Love killed him. He did not off himself.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I play music all the time. This year the kids have heard everything from Mozart to The Stones to Daft Punk.

We did a poetry as music project a few weeks ago and 3 groups chose a Guns n Roses song. Nobody picked Nirvana. I heard a lot of Rhianna though.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh please. Axl died off and has tried to make numerous come backs, and each time nobody cares or gives a shit. He's irrelevant, something that can't be said about Kurt and Nirvana, even almost 15 years later.

yea, thats cuz kurt never had the chance to become irrelevant. you never know what kurt would have done with his life if he were still alive. whos to say he wouldnt have fucked up his life and faded away? kurt even quoted neil young in his suicide note "its better to burn out than to fade away". thats what he was scared of, and so he didnt even want to let it get to that and just ended it while he was on top.

bballarl
06-18-2008, 11:39 PM
The note was not entirely in his handwriting.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
yea, thats cuz kurt never had the chance to become irrelevant. you never know what kurt would have done with his life if he were still alive. whos to say he wouldnt have fucked up his life and faded away? kurt even quoted neil young in his suicide note "its better to burn out than to fade away". thats what he was scared of, and so he didnt even want to let it get to that and just ended it while he was on top.

Kurt's music > Ax's music. That's why Kurt wouldn't of become irrelevant if he would stuck around...all the post In Utero demo's and unreleased songs, seems like his song writing was just getting better and better. Everything Axl has been doing? Getting worse and worse.

menikmati
06-18-2008, 11:42 PM
The note was not entirely in his handwriting.

I'm not sure I'll ever be convinced what really happened....there's evidence and theories to support both sides heavily. I agree though, the last lines on the note are very suspicious. The whole case/situation is very strange and probably never be answered in full.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Nirvana changed the music scene, nobody can argue that. If you think Kurt was going to just fade away, you are delusional. Maybe he/they might have put out music that didn't meet the impact of their early stuff, but it could never discount their influence on music history.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Kurt's music > Ax's music. That's why Kurt wouldn't of become irrelevant if he would stuck around...all the post In Utero demo's and unreleased songs, seems like his song writing was just getting better and better. Everything Axl has been doing? Getting worse and worse.

i agree that kurt was definitely a better songwriter than axl. theres really no questioning that. gnr was the sum of their parts, any of them on their own arent that great. nirvana, on the other hand, was pretty much just kurt, and kurt was nirvana.

thelastgreatman
06-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Also, sexecut, you're missing the point--Kurt had the good taste to die before he became irrelevant. That's what a good artist does. He had the good taste to die before he could become a pathetic joke of a prima donna, decked out in a face that looks like a well-shined mask and pulling bullshit tough guy stunts and generally being a big cunt until his band would do anything to get the fuck away from him. This is just fucking ridiculous, dude, shut the fuck up. Axl let himself become a fucking joke. Maybe if he'd shot himself after UYI (and hadn't acted like such a cocksucker all the time) he'd possibly be up for comparison, but he didn't. Yet another one of his self-indulgent bad decisions.

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Nirvana changed the music scene, nobody can argue that. If you think Kurt was going to just fade away, you are delusional.

how the hell do you know what he would have done? nobody does...

Sexecutioner
06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Also, sexecut, you're missing the point--Kurt had the good taste to die before he became irrelevant. That's what a good artist does. He had the good taste to die before he could become a pathetic joke of a prima donna, decked out in a face that looks like a well-shined mask and pulling bullshit tough guy stunts and generally being a big cunt until his band would do anything to get the fuck away from him. This is just fucking ridiculous, dude, shut the fuck up. Axl let himself become a fucking joke. Maybe if he'd shot himself after UYI (and hadn't acted like such a cocksucker all the time) he'd possibly be up for comparison, but he didn't. Yet another one of his self-indulgent bad decisions.

dude, im not missing the point, that was precisely my point. you pretty much just re-iterated it. im not arguig that axl isnt a douche, he is a complete fuckin tool.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Also, sexecut, you're missing the point--Kurt had the good taste to die before he became irrelevant. That's what a good artist does.

Now this is the dumbest thing said on the boards. It's like a contest in this thread. Fighting between Axl and Kurt is inherently stupid and is bound to produce such stupidity.

algunz
06-18-2008, 11:51 PM
how the hell do you know what he would have done? nobody does...

I think you missed the point again.

woogie846
06-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm not even gonna bother listening to this, maybe because GNR TOTALLY SUCKS.

thelastgreatman
06-18-2008, 11:55 PM

dude, im not missing the point, that was precisely my point. you pretty much just re-iterated it. im not arguig that axl isnt a douche, he is a complete fuckin tool.

No, I think you are missing the point. Axl has no fucking integrity. He wasn't a brilliant musician, but he was a great frontman in that he rellly knew how to act like a rock star. But I fail to see how the fuck that garners any more respect than someone who maintained their artistic integrity, who was clearly rather brilliant and definitely more of a true poet (in addition to actually being the writer of his group, and who was by all accounts a pretty humble guy despite being the biggest rock star of his day.

bmack86
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Dammit Randy, I saw Chris' picture and I thought that was the best post he's ever made.

I wish that Nirvana would have cranked out one more album, following the muse that Kurt was noting in the post-In Utero demos. It would have been a mind-fuck of an album.

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
No, I think you are missing the point. Axl has no fucking integrity. He wasn't a brilliant musician, but he was a great frontman in that he rellly knew how to act like a rock star. But I fail to see how the fuck that garners any more respect than someone who maintained their artistic integrity, who was clearly rather brilliant and definitely more of a true poet (in addition to actually being the writer of his group, and who was by all accounts a pretty humble guy despite being the biggest rock star of his day.

i love how you dont quote any of my posts where i said kurt was a great songwriter, and that axl was a tool. i agree with you dude. i only respect axl for not killing himself, and for fronting a kick ass rock band. thats about it. i only respect kurt though for his great songwriting ability, but like i said, as a person, i think he was kind of an ass. ever since i read heavier than heaven i just lost some of the respect i had for him. he was always pretending to be somebody he wasnt. who knows if that book is even true though, but its all i have to go on.

betao
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I play music all the time. This year the kids have heard everything from Mozart to The Stones to Daft Punk.

I hope Royksopp is also apart of the catalog you're spreading?

bballarl
06-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Would someone like to post the post-In Utero demos for my downloading pleasure?

rage patton
06-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Just randomly, I have been listening to a lot of Nirvana lately, and I absolutely cannot believe this thread is actually happening. GnR had some good tunes, but they were never actually all that great. Nirvana on the other hand... were incredible.

And Courtney Love killed him. He did not off himself.

I don't think Courtney Love killed him, but I am sure she was behind his murder. So yeah, I don't believe he killed himself.

i love how you dont quote any of my posts where i said kurt was a great songwriter, and that axl was a tool. i agree with you dude. i only respect axl for not killing himself, and for fronting a kick ass rock band. thats about it. i only respect kurt though for his great songwriting ability, but like i said, as a person, i think he was kind of an ass. ever since i read heavier than heaven i just lost some of the respect i had for him. he was always pretending to be somebody he wasnt. who knows if that book is even true though, but its all i have to go on.

Heavier Than Heaven was written under close watch and with guidance by Courtney Love. That book cannot be trusted.

Yes please.

gratytrainridesagain
06-19-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't think Courtney Love killed him, but I am sure she was behind his murder. So yeah, I don't believe he killed himself.

That makes no sense having someone offed in my book is the same as killing them. Although I think he may have been referring to the way she has exploited his death.

frozen pilgrim
06-19-2008, 05:57 AM
hes the one they call dr.feelgood...hes the one that makes you feel alright!

dude, that's a motley crue song.
ew.

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM

yes, id also love to hear these...

faxman75
06-19-2008, 08:02 AM
MarkO knows whats up. GnR was the fuckin shit back in the day. Without the rest of the band though, especially slash, it is NOT GnR. And anybody who thinks different is pretty retarded. And menik was probably like 3 when GnR released appetite, so he has no clue wtf hes talking about.

Ok so, no slash = no guns n roses. What band members leaving a band still constitute it being the same band? For example is Velvet Revolver considered Guns N' Roses because it's all former Guns members except the singer? Or are the only bands allowed to still use their name, bands with the original or established lineup? Or is it primarily the lead singer and the lead guitarist that comprise the band?

Is AC/DC still AC/DC? What about REM? I just wonder what the rule is, where is the line drawn on what bands are allowed to still claim they are the real deal. Would you be happy with Axl if he had a decent guitarist? Are the Smashing Pumpkins still the Smashing Pumpkins? We can go on all day.

menikmati
06-19-2008, 08:11 AM
i love how you dont quote any of my posts where i said kurt was a great songwriter, and that axl was a tool. i agree with you dude. i only respect axl for not killing himself, and for fronting a kick ass rock band. thats about it. i only respect kurt though for his great songwriting ability, but like i said, as a person, i think he was kind of an ass. ever since i read heavier than heaven i just lost some of the respect i had for him. he was always pretending to be somebody he wasn't. who knows if that book is even true though, but its all i have to go on.

There's one of your problems, you read Heavier Than Heaven. That is written by Charles Cross, who's been known to exaggerate a lot of shit when it comes to Kurt. Half those stories in HTH are mistold, and quite frankly made up. If you want a Nirvana/Kurt bio, go read "Nirvana" by Everett True.

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Ok so, no slash = no guns n roses. What band members leaving a band still constitute it being the same band? For example is Velvet Revolver considered Guns N' Roses because it's all former Guns members except the singer? Or are the only bands allowed to still use their name, bands with the original or established lineup? Or is it primarily the lead singer and the lead guitarist that comprise the band?

Is AC/DC still AC/DC? What about REM? I just wonder what the rule is, where is the line drawn on what bands are allowed to still claim they are the real deal. Would you be happy with Axl if he had a decent guitarist? Are the Smashing Pumpkins still the Smashing Pumpkins? We can go on all day.

use your fuckin head for once man. it stops being the band when members that were very important to the sound and creative process of the band are no longer there. some bands are a collective, and every member is important, like gnr, pearl jam, etc, and other bands are pretty much one persons brain child, like nin, smashing pumpkins, nirvana, etc.

i mean, its fuckin common sense dude. if you cant figure out that slash was one of the main forces that made gnr who they were, than you shouldnt even be talking about them...ever.

MarkO
06-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Guys, we really need to let this go. Remember both bands the way they were and not what they've become.

full on idle
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Played out, rehashed arguments aside; these mp3s are awful.

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Guys, we really need to let this go. Remember both bands the way they were and not what they've become.

yes, i agree.

Young blood
06-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Played out, rehashed arguments aside; these mp3s are awful.

"The blues" has redeeming gnr qualities to it.

full on idle
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
God dammit J, do I have to listen to it again?

Young blood
06-19-2008, 08:40 AM
No.Its not worth it, but the piano on that song brought me back to november rain...kinda. Madagascar is okay too. The rest of the songs are absolute shit. I would be embarrassed to put it out if I was Axl.

His voice has finally made him sound like Hepburn, the one with the really shakey 'ol lady voice.

faxman75
06-19-2008, 09:32 AM
use your fuckin head for once man. it stops being the band when members that were very important to the sound and creative process of the band are no longer there. some bands are a collective, and every member is important, like gnr, pearl jam, etc, and other bands are pretty much one persons brain child, like nin, smashing pumpkins, nirvana, etc.

So, NIN, Pumpkins and Nirvana ok, the pumpkins were Corgan's brain child yet the Pumpkins weren't able to withstand their greatness after D'Arcy left. The sound changed after Adore and nothing has come close. It was just a question dude, a debate topic, why you such a douche?

i mean, its fuckin common sense dude. if you cant figure out that slash was one of the main forces that made gnr who they were, than you shouldnt even be talking about them...ever.

Of course he was a main force behind the band, but it took Axls lyrics as well obviously. Slash hasn't done jack fucking shit without Axl aside from the terrible snake pit, the very boring and mediocre Velvet Revolver and some ridiculous jamming with Michael Jackson so what's your fucking point? They fed off eachother and at the end of the day. I.R.S. is better than anything Velvet Revolver ever made and that's the rest of Guns N' Fucking roses right there.

Don't be such an angry douchebag because at the end of the day your opinion is no more than that so go judge someone elses bullshit ideas.

faxman75
06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I'll say it again. This leak is better than what Velvet Revolver was able to create. I still want my track with Shaq rapping as well.

JustSteve
06-19-2008, 09:38 AM
i'd love to be "washed up" and still be able to play in front of 100,000 people at a festival, or still sell out shows around the world. i wouldn't expect much acceptance on this board...

MarkO
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Westlife played to 82,500 people recently in a stadium where Prince could only sell 55,000 tix. Does that mean Westlife is better than Prince ?

JustSteve
06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
i'm not making any comparisons, dumbass. i simply stated that i would love to be quote washed up unquote and still be able to sell out shows and play for hundreds of thousands of people.

menikmati
06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Fulfilling the wish of a few in this thread, here are the Nirvana 1993 Rio Demo tapes (recorded from the 19th of Jan to the 21st in Rio). This tape is the only known leak of the entire session, but only surfaced in 192kbs mp3 form (a different tape was used for the WTLO disc but that was incomplete). Anyway, here is the tracklisting (consider this a big treat, as this does not circulate very much!):

1. Heart-Shaped Box
2. Scentless Apprentice
3. Milk It
4. Moist Vagina
5. Very Ape/Gallons of Alcohol Flow Through the Strip
6. The Other Improv
7. Onwards into Countless Battles
8. Seasons in the Sun

(clicky the picture)

http://g8.undercoverhd.com/imgsresized/article/060921Nirvana3.jpg (http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8ew1r)

There's more to come...

luckyface
06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow, this thread is hilarious. Especially the comments where people are pissed off about negative GNR comments. Keep up the good work.

Young blood
06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
THANK YOU ERIK!

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 10:07 AM
man oh man, i really wan to stop arguing, but i just cant resist...

So, NIN, Pumpkins and Nirvana ok, the pumpkins were Corgan's brain child yet the Pumpkins weren't able to withstand their greatness after D'Arcy left. The sound changed after Adore and nothing has come close.

James and D'arcy didnt write shit. It was all Billy. If the sound changed, it was because Billy's writing style changed. And also because he started using a drum machine instead of Jimmy Chamberlin.

It was just a question dude, a debate topic, why you such a douche?

sorry, but its a stupid question.

Of course he was a main force behind the band, but it took Axls lyrics as well obviously. Slash hasn't done jack fucking shit without Axl aside from the terrible snake pit, the very boring and mediocre Velvet Revolver and some ridiculous jamming with Michael Jackson so what's your fucking point? They fed off eachother and at the end of the day.

no shit dude, i already said that gnr was the sum of their parts. thats the whole point. the difference is velvet revolver doesnt try to call themselves gnr. if slash got a bunch of random dudes together and called it gnr, i wouldnt take it seriously either. the fact that you, or anybody else takes the new "gnr" seriously is a fuckin joke to me. sorry, but thats how i feel.

I.R.S. is better than anything Velvet Revolver ever made and that's the rest of Guns N' Fucking roses right there.

i dont know what IRS is, and velvet revolver lacks Izzy, who was also a big part of gnr.

Don't be such an angry douchebag because at the end of the day your opinion is no more than that so go judge someone elses bullshit ideas.

nobody else's bullshit ideas are as fun to judge as yours.

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 10:09 AM
THANK YOU ERIK!

agreed, thank you very much!

PotVsKtl
06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
This conversation was awesome in 1995.

faxman75
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
man oh man, i really wan to stop arguing, but i just cant resist...

James and D'arcy didnt write shit. It was all Billy. If the sound changed, it was because Billy's writing style changed. And also because he started using a drum machine instead of Jimmy Chamberlin.

The musicians make the sound. If there is a different player, you can get a different sound. This is just a dumb argument, different people play notes differently.

no shit dude, i already said that gnr was the sum of their parts. thats the whole point. the difference is velvet revolver doesnt try to call themselves gnr. if slash got a bunch of random dudes together and called it gnr, i wouldnt take it seriously either. the fact that you, or anybody else takes the new "gnr" seriously is a fuckin joke to me. sorry, but thats how i feel.

I don't quite get the taking the new GnR "seriously" point. They are what they are, that's all. Nothing more nothing less. You think they are a joke. I'm ok with what they are. That's all. There are a few good tracks that I really like on the album.

i dont know what IRS is, and velvet revolver lacks Izzy, who was also a big part of gnr.

I.R.S. is a song on the album. With Izzy, Velvet Revolver wouldn't magically become as great as GnR were.

nobody else's bullshit ideas are as fun to judge as yours.

I had no idea. Well, then you should judge more. Whatever bullshit ideas of mine do you wish to play with? lol

You're all grrrr and stuff. IT's kinda funny watching you passionately make certain I understand that you don't find the new GnR worthy of being called GnR. I got it dude. I just don't understand why you have to address me in such a rude way. It's a fucking discussion.

menikmati
06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Ok, next up (upon request) here is the complete In Utero session (recorded Feb. 1993). Obviously 12 of these songs made it to the final album, but these are not mastered or mixed for proper release. These have been around a while, but I believe these are sourced from one of the better tapes around. I believe Kurt's original intentions were to name the album "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" (it was an inside joke of what they would tell reporters how they felt while on tour) and would release the rough mixes on LP, Cassette, and 8-track...then later on, they would rename the album to "Verse Chorus Verse" and release it on CD with a shorter tracklisting and "radio friendly" mixed/mastered songs. The story goes something like that at least...

Tracklisting:

01) Rape Me
02) Scentless Apprentice
03) Heart-Shaped Box
04) Milk It
05) Dumb
06) Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
07) Very Ape
08) Pennyroyal Tea
09) Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
10) tourette's
11) Serve The Servants
12) All Apologies
13) Moist Vagina
14) Marigold
15) Sappy
16) I Hate Myself And Want To Die

(clicky the picture)

http://www.bmeink.com/A60318/high/bmepb240380.jpg (http://www.sendspace.com/file/3kmdvw)

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
The musicians make the sound. If there is a different player, you can get a different sound. This is just a dumb argument, different people play notes differently.

actually, billy also played a lot of their guitar and bass parts in the studio too, just cuz he could do it better than them.

You're all grrrr and stuff. IT's kinda funny watching you passionately make certain I understand that you don't find the new GnR worthy of being called GnR. I got it dude. I just don't understand why you have to address me in such a rude way. It's a fucking discussion.

GGGRRRRR!

sorry, ill try not to be so rude in the future. :winkiss

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
nice one erik. man, cool tat, but they should have airbrushed that big zit out of the picture, lol.

jigsaw
06-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks meni for the dl's.

I totally agree with the following statement:

GnR were the fuckin shit in their day that is for sure. And so were Nirvana. But both are sorry muthafuckers when compaired to the likes of James Maynard Keenan or Eddie Vedder.

TOOL > Nirvana x 1,000,000
Pearl Jam > Nirvana

Young blood
06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Chinese Democracy.

jigsaw
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, the link doesn't work anymore...WTF

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
for the record, i dont really respect axl more than i do kurt. i just like to fuck with menik sometimes when it comes to nirvana cuz he such an obsessed fanboy. nirvana was a great band though, wish i could have seen them live.

menikmati
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
a "fanboy"? No. Wrong word. Someone who appreciates the music, creativity, and integrity that Kurt and company had and brought into their art? Yes.

BlackSwan
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
this has gone on for way too long.

MarkO
06-19-2008, 10:57 AM
this has gone on for way too long.

This thread or the recording sessions for Chinese Democracy ?

;)

Sexecutioner
06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
a "fanboy"? No. Wrong word. Someone who appreciates the music, creativity, and integrity that Kurt and company had and brought into their art? Yes.

Fanboy (sometimes spelled fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single subject in a fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.

Stereotypical fanboys are attributed with a devotion to the creators and principles behind a work with which they are currently enthralled. Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject. They will readily engage in debates about their chosen subject.

id say thats a pretty good description of your relationship with nirvana. ;)

and relax man, im just giving you a hard time. i admire your dedication.

menikmati
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
ok maybe so

BlackSwan
06-19-2008, 11:16 AM
This thread or the recording sessions for Chinese Democracy ?

;)

both... the latter should have never started to begin with. at least it was on here before Pitchfork.

rage patton
06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Thank you for the downloads Eric. I am excited to listen to them.

orbit
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
so the guy who leaked this is being investigated by the fbi.

The blogger who leaked new tracks by the rockers is questioned…

Kevin Skwerl- the former record company employee who leaked new Guns N Roses tracks- has been questioned by the FBI.

Songs from the rock group’s much delayed Chinese Democracy album appeared on the internet last week.

Skwerl was immediately issued with a cease and desist legal notice by Axl Rose telling him to take the songs down.

However after taking them down the blogger was reportedly questioned by the FBI agents about the source of the files.

Chinese Democracy has entered rock folklore after being repeatedly scheduled for release and then cancelled.

and here a video interview (http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video/?&videoSourceID=1320038&flashURL=/feeds/skynews/latest/flash/guns_roses_new_250608_1200.flv)

joppy-slow
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM

this was his last post.. from June.. I would venture to guess..

OD
Jail
Rehab..

Anyone know where lastgreatman went? while he was an ass 98% of the time, he was fun to argue with.. anyone?

JustSteve
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

ha.

why don't you "rotate your slim wang"...