PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing International Concert Tickets

faxman75
06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok, so I have decided on two events. I'm going to see the Raconteurs in Amsterdam and Sigur Ros in Rome.

However, the ticketmaster sites only give mail as an option. Is there no will call in europe? Any advice on how to get reasonably priced tickets to these events?

Any tips, tricks or ideas are welcome. Including that of the smart ass kind. :)

idrive1life
06-18-2008, 04:26 PM
try seetickets.com - had my muse wembley on will call last year. They don't call it will call though

idrive1life
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
ooh wait, for Rome & Amstrdm shows?

sonofhal
06-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Seetickets is pretty much just UK gigs and a few European festivals. I thought ticketmaster normally had a box office pickup option.

sonofhal
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Also, where are you going to on your Eurotrip? If you are coming to London first, you could paypal me the money and i could get them for you and have them posted here. (assuming you are coming here).

Blinken
06-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I want to go to the Raconteurs in Amsterdam. Shit i just want to go to Amsterdam.

MarkO
06-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok, so I have decided on two events. I'm going to see the Raconteurs in Amsterdam and Sigur Ros in Rome.

However, the ticketmaster sites only give mail as an option. Is there no will call in europe? Any advice on how to get reasonably priced tickets to these events?

Any tips, tricks or ideas are welcome. Including that of the smart ass kind. :)

I bought my ticket for Nick Cave in Dublin from ticketbastard in Ireland and they mailed it out here to Oregon w/out an issue. I understand your concerns about tix going m.i.a. enroute but I think you'll be ok.

frozen pilgrim
06-18-2008, 05:47 PM
just go with regular mail-
if they don't show up by a week before you leave, call and have them cancelled and re-shipped via courier. they do that.

sonofhal
06-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I think the problem is that he leaves for europe in 5 days time (according to his sig) so not much chance of the tickets turning up before he heads off.

frozen pilgrim
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
oh!
whole other issue lol

try craigslisting that shit

MarkO
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I think the problem is that he leaves for europe in 5 days time (according to his sig) so not much chance of the tickets turning up before he heads off.

Yeah, that would be a problem then.

PrettyRagdoll
06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I want to go to the Raconteurs in Amsterdam. Shit i just want to go to Amsterdam.

Me too!! I'm jealous

chiapet
06-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Mark, do you know where you're staying in Amsterdam? If hotel, you might try calling to see if they'd accept mail for you. It looks like even the other ticket resellers want to ship them.

You could always go to the box office or ticket outlet once you're there and see if there are any tickets left...

faxman75
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Also, where are you going to on your Eurotrip? If you are coming to London first, you could paypal me the money and i could get them for you and have them posted here. (assuming you are coming here).

I will be in London for one day and one night on June 29th. I would appreciate any help!

faxman75
06-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I bought my ticket for Nick Cave in Dublin from ticketbastard in Ireland and they mailed it out here to Oregon w/out an issue. I understand your concerns about tix going m.i.a. enroute but I think you'll be ok.

The issue is i'm leaving on Tuesday! lol I don't trust they would get here in time.

faxman75
06-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Mark, do you know where you're staying in Amsterdam? If hotel, you might try calling to see if they'd accept mail for you. It looks like even the other ticket resellers want to ship them.

Nope. Still haven't booked amsterdam lodging. Shit, so much to do. It's gonna be a hostel though.

You could always go to the box office or ticket outlet once you're there and see if there are any tickets left...

figured this would be a last resort :)

MarkO
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
The issue is i'm leaving on Tuesday! lol I don't trust they would get here in time.

Understood. Mail from Ireland to here takes about 6 days on average so I'd expect the same or maybe a day more from the Continent; you don't have a window.

Either way, good luck in Europe. I'm not long back from 5 weeks over there. It's stupid expensive right now with the weak dollah.

faxman75
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah i'm fucked in that regard. :)

MarkO
06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
I really don't want to sit down and work out how much I spent. Oh well; I got to see Prague which I wanted to see for 20yrs (thank you INXS and the Never Tear Us Apart vid for that) and I got to marvel at the genius of Gaudi in Barcelona, 40 years after my father did the same on his jaunts.

frozen pilgrim
06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
remember:
there's always male prostitution:
because when working sucks, sucking works!

Pixiessp
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I really don't want to sit down and work out how much I spent. Oh well; I got to see Prague which I wanted to see for 20yrs (thank you INXS and the Never Tear Us Apart vid for that) and I got to marvel at the genius of Gaudi in Barcelona, 40 years after my father did the same on his jaunts.

will be going to Barcelona next year hopefully and I am so looking forward to the architecture.

jazzz
06-18-2008, 09:12 PM
first off forget about the Raconteurs and save your euros for some dope and blowjobs.. as for Sigur Ros yeah don't miss em' I been to a few Europe shows and you can always scalp guaranteed. Also be careful bringing shit out of Schipol airport. Not recommended If you train it no Problem. Good luck!

MarkO
06-18-2008, 09:54 PM
will be going to Barcelona next year hopefully and I am so looking forward to the architecture.

Yeah, it's astonishing. Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Battlo ...... (ran out of time and missed Batllo though. Grrr)

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about. Also, get to Sagrada Familia right at 9am and go up the elevator then. The lines get very long for this if you wait.

The outside of Barcelona Cathredral was under reno when I was there but the inside is stunning. Very strong Gothic influences.

bmack86
06-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Have you tried a ticketmaster outlet? I just thought of that. They might be able to help you out.

sonofhal
06-19-2008, 03:12 AM
I will be in London for one day and one night on June 29th. I would appreciate any help!

I'll be out of town that weekend, so you may have to just chance tickets on the night (or get them sent to your hotel/hostel).

Melkweg is a pretty small venue. The Raconteurs should be good there.

chiapet
06-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah, it's astonishing. Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Battlo ...... (ran out of time and missed Batllo though. Grrr)

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about.

You know, I'm planning to go back in a year or two, and looking at pictures, realized I am just as excited to go a second time as I was the first time. It is the greatest city. La Pedrera was closed for restoration when I was there, the rooftop bar sounded incredible though. Batllo is great at dusk - to do it again, I'd go directly to the roof and catch the view while there is still light, then go down to the first floor and make my way up again. I was there at night which made the lighting very dramatic, but could not clearly see the tile work on the outside nor the view from the roof. :)

faxman75
06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Have you tried a ticketmaster outlet? I just thought of that. They might be able to help you out.

I have not. I will have to try that this weekend. :D

Pixiessp
06-19-2008, 10:24 PM

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about. Also, get to Sagrada Familia right at 9am and go up the elevator then. The lines get very long for this if you wait.

The outside of Barcelona Cathredral was under reno when I was there but the inside is stunning. Very strong Gothic influences.

great info....thank you so.

Pixiessp
06-19-2008, 10:25 PM
You know, I'm planning to go back in a year or two, and looking at pictures, realized I am just as excited to go a second time as I was the first time. It is the greatest city. La Pedrera was closed for restoration when I was there, the rooftop bar sounded incredible though. Batllo is great at dusk - to do it again, I'd go directly to the roof and catch the view while there is still light, then go down to the first floor and make my way up again. I was there at night which made the lighting very dramatic, but could not clearly see the tile work on the outside nor the view from the roof. :)

that bar sounds like a must do. thanks!!

chiapet
06-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I unsuccessfully tried to talk Mark into going to Spain. LOL

faxman75
06-21-2008, 05:39 PM
It was soooo on our list. We just had to make cut backs and we justificatons for everything else. Well, everything except the UK. WE coulda ditched that as well now i'm wondering why we didn't lol.

MarkO
06-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd take Spain over London tbh.

MissingPerson
06-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I've been to both a few times, and have had a better time in London than I did in Spain. Amy Winehouse's barman told us we drank more than any other women he'd ever seen, which I consider one of the highpoints of my career.

chiapet
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh, I love London - I've been campaigning for years to move there - but it's incredibly expensive. I think I've spent more in a few days in London than WEEKS in Spain. But that is partially because I can't stay out of stores. :)