PDA

View Full Version : DNC Denver '08

Pages : [1] 2

canexplain
06-17-2008, 07:35 AM
well here we go .... i already have a gas mask and am going to wear my bicycle helmet for some protection and of course rubber gloves and cover my skin. I'll post a picture if anyone is interested .... Peace X****

Denver police are stocking up on guns that fire a pepper spray-like substance instead of bullets - a less-lethal weapon used to disperse crowds - in advance of the Democratic National Convention.

The department recently ordered 88 Mark IV launchers and projectiles at a cost "in the low six figures," the company that makes the weapons stated in a news release Monday.

The request was for delivery in advance of the DNC, according to Louisville- based Security With Advanced Technology Inc.

The convention, scheduled for Aug. 25 to 28 at the Pepsi Center, is expected to draw thousands of protesters to sites throughout Denver.

The city received a $50 million federal grant for security. A senior adviser to Mayor John Hickenlooper has said the city plans to spend up to half that amount on equipment, with the rest going to pay officers.

But the city has refused to disclose how it is spending the money, prompting the American Civil Liberties Union last month to file a civil lawsuit.

The court filing alleges the city is violating the Colorado Open Records Act.

City officials say releasing the information is "contrary to the public interest" because it could disclose important tactical information, potentially jeopardizing security.

A city spokesperson could not be reached for comment Monday. Meanwhile, speculation about what the city is buying has run rampant.

Some organizers of protest groups believe police are buying extended-range Tasers and weapons that incapacitate people with high-intensity sound.

The Mark IV weapons the city ordered recently fire plastic balls filled with powder that's "like a combination of cayenne pepper and baby powder," the manufacturer said.

It can be fired from up to 100 feet away, said Ben Cook, director of Veritas, a subsidiary of Security With Advanced Technology.

The balls burst open on impact. While the powder will incapacitate a person like pepper spray, it doesn't cause some of the more severe reactions, Cook said.

and here is another wonderful article .. last night it seemed like a war over my house .... this sucks ..... cr****

Black Hawk helicopters buzzed downtown Denver and other neighborhoods Monday evening in a training exercise to prepare for a possible terrorist attack.
The flights had people all over town calling authorities to find out what was going on.
"It's nothing more than Special Operations Command training with local authorities," said Lt. Nathan Potter, with Special Operations Command, which has authority over special forces from all branches of the military.
Potter would not say which branch of the military was flying the choppers over Denver.
The training has nothing to do with preparations for the Democratic National Convention, which will be held in Denver in August, Potter said.
"It's routine preparation for the global war on terrorism," he said.
Several Black Hawk helicopters were seen flying low near Coors Field during a home game of the Colorado Rockies.
Denver police received a number of calls about the helicopters.
"We've gotten quite a few calls, but it's a training exercise that the DPD is involved in, and there's nothing going on," said a Denver police dispatcher. "The vast majority of people, after we tell them what's going on, they say, 'Oh, OK.' "
Potter said the exercise will be taking place off and on in the city for the rest of the week.
The exercises will be conducted in the afternoon to evening hours, but he could not reveal any other details about the training due to its sensitive nature.
"The media will not be allowed to cover this training or conduct any interviews with those involved in the exercise," said Potter.
He said that Special Operations Command has been conducting similar exercises in other cities as well.

Young blood
06-17-2008, 07:37 AM
the brown note.

There will be zero riots. Anything is welcome after the last 8 years.

marooko
06-17-2008, 07:41 AM
WTF?! is it like this for all of them or is denver just out of control? arent you guys about peace and shit?

Young blood
06-17-2008, 07:43 AM
?????

??
?
???????!

!

?

SFChrissy
06-17-2008, 07:45 AM
for a second I thought Denver was having an abortion...

Young blood
06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
hahahahaahahaha OMG hahahahahahah.

jonnypark
06-17-2008, 09:48 AM
You seem pretty certain things are going to get ugly, then again so do the police!

crazzz2007
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
why would you protest at the DNC instead of the RNC?

Yablonowitz
06-17-2008, 05:27 PM
I see no reason to riot at the DNC this year.

RotationSlimWang
06-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I see no reason to riot at the DNC this year.

Well after Barack takes one in the dome, you'll have your reason.

Young blood
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
lol.

whitey loves obama.

George bush was the ******.

Young blood
06-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Allright this is officially getting retarded.

not my video

wc54bjPVslY

Fucking blackhawk helicopters landed in a park near my work and had dudes repel from rope to the ground then the ran and hid amongst the trees. Then 10 min later another helicopter comes along a swoops them up.

This is more terrorizing than any fundamentalist group.

RotationSlimWang
06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
rappel

Young blood
06-18-2008, 08:16 AM
nazi

Abseiling.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
all this will be happening right outside my hotel...it is going to be all sorts of gay...

luckyface
06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I really don't understand. Why are they preparing for guerrilla warfare because of the DNC convention?

Blinken
06-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Because Hillary supporters are going to riot.

Edit: Plus if I remember correctly Rage Against the Machine are playing a free show outside the DNC. When they did this in Los Angeles there was tear gas and all sorts of craziness.

canexplain
06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Because Hillary supporters are going to riot.

Edit: Plus if I remember correctly Rage Against the Machine are playing a free show outside the DNC. When they did this in Los Angeles there was tear gas and all sorts of craziness.

ratm might still be playing .... i havent went to a meeting lately on the events on if they are still saying they are going to do a free gig ... yea those damn helicopters .... and i am not usually a black helicopter type of person, but when they are over your back yard, dah ..... what does the board think if any of you are real activists .... should i just go out on my own, vid and take pics as a single protester, or be part of a more organized group ... would i get less, more, or the same access to blocks and such just as CR as opposed to the ole ' SDS radical i was ... i bought my hd video cam for the music fests, now it has maybe a better reason ... just a thought ... fucking govt ... x****

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 06:40 AM
the forces that be should organize a free Foo Fighters concert that sedates everyone

TomAz
06-20-2008, 06:45 AM
"I want to change the world and make it a better place. To convince you of my argument, to get you to see my logic, I'm going to set this car on fire."

protesters are stupid.

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
they get yer attention when its yer car

TomAz
06-20-2008, 06:51 AM
attention, yes. vote, no.

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 06:57 AM
what if the AARP burned yer car?

TomAz
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
the AARP is full of hippies so your premise is plausible.

fuck the aarp

Young blood
06-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Oprah booked two nightclubs 4 her parties 4 the DNC ft. christina aguilera. so hot.

canexplain
06-20-2008, 07:05 AM
"I want to change the world and make it a better place. To convince you of my argument, to get you to see my logic, I'm going to set this car on fire."

protesters are stupid.

lets put this in some sort of prospective .... if you had your coachella tics, drove from PNX to the fest, and all of the sudden there were signs that said "event cancelled", what would you do .... just say, hey day in a life, go home and try and get your money, or would you raise hell ... that is nothing cept a protest of a different sort ... someone talked about milqtoast sp, we cant always be that way ... i am not spouting left or right wing bs, just my thoughts as a citizen .... x****

canexplain
06-20-2008, 07:07 AM
this is off thread sort of, but then i started it so lalalal .... i have surfed some and cant find the article ... does anyone have a link to a story on the surpreme court saying that if you work at home, your pc is not open to the freedom of information act .... it was just decided yesterday and i cant find a thing .. tnx ....x****

TomAz
06-20-2008, 07:22 AM
lets put this in some sort of prospective .... if you had your coachella tics, drove from PNX to the fest, and all of the sudden there were signs that said "event cancelled", what would you do .... just say, hey day in a life, go home and try and get your money, or would you raise hell ... that is nothing cept a protest of a different sort ... someone talked about milqtoast sp, we cant always be that way ... i am not spouting left or right wing bs, just my thoughts as a citizen .... x****

yeah i'd be pissed. but i wouldn't set anyone's car on fire. cuz that'd be stupid.

Change happens by convincing people it's the right thing to do. by swaying the public sentiment. Smashing shopfront windows only convinces people you're a bunch of criminals and ought to be in jail.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:23 AM
fuck where I have been...what is with this talk about RATM at the DNC here?

Young blood
06-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Rage Against The Machine Crashing Presidential Conventions?
Rage Against The Machine Crashing Presidential Conventions?

By: Don Kaye

Rage Against The Machine only has one U.S. date scheduled so far in 2008, at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park on Saturday, August 2nd. But guitarist Tom Morello told us that the political rockers haven't ruled out giving a few more U.S. performances this year: "There is the possibility that we will be playing at the demonstrations surrounding the Presidential conventions. The Democrats are in Denver, the Republicans are in Minneapolis. But we're still looking into that."

The Democratic convention is scheduled for August 25th through the 28th in Denver, while the Republicans will descend on Minneapolis from September 1st to the 4th.

Rage Against The Machine performed outside the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles in August of 2000, one of the group's final performances before going on a seven-year hiatus.

The band reunited last year for a series of concerts and festival appearances that continues in 2008.

Rumors persist that a new Rage album is in the works, but the group has not announced any official plans to record new music.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:27 AM
fuck...let them play right outside the my hotel....it would be epic....

luckyface
06-20-2008, 07:28 AM
So what is Rage proposing, politically speaking?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:29 AM
So what is Rage proposing, politically speaking?

riots mostly....at least that is what Downtown is preparing for....

Young blood
06-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Mayhem.

canexplain
06-20-2008, 07:36 AM
riots mostly....at least that is what Downtown is preparing for....

congrats on 7k post btw ..... downtown is preparing for that, but i am not sure why ... i have been to some of the most radical pre meetings, and there is not one person advocating riots ... but i know just for myself, i dont like being put behind a free speach zone fence or sprayed with pepper spray .. they have always said it was the chicago police who started the riots, not the protesters ... my one fear, is that is what is going to happen here ... "be little sheep and stay home unless you want trouble", that is what i am getting from the denver city council, the cops i work with, and the feds of course .... i dont want trouble, but dont push me either ... x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Secret Service has been testing our hotel security crap for awhile already...I think most of the secret service have booked out the hampton inn or something close to that...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:38 AM
congrats on 7k post btw ..... downtown is preparing for that, but i am not sure why ... i have been to some of the most radical pre meetings, and there is not one person advocating riots ... but i know just for myself, i dont like being put behind a free speach zone fence or sprayed with pepper spray .. they have always said it was the chicago police who started the riots, not the protesters ... my one fear, is that is what is going to happen here ... "be little sheep and stay home unless you want trouble", that is what i am getting from the denver city council, the cops i work with, and the feds of course .... i dont want trouble, but dont push me either ... x****

I don't see why they would push anyone really....I always see someone protesting something in Downtown...doesn't seem to bother anyone....

EDIT: Thanks on the 7k post...I didn't even notice it!

Young blood
06-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Im looking forward to the smores.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-20-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm looking forward to the 18 hour days...if you guys want to stop by the Sheraton (aka Old Adam's Mark) to check on me your more then welcome...I'll need the coffee....

bug on your lip
06-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Denver is going to be as chaotic as LastGreatMeh shopping for print-tees at The Gap

just wait till the pricks start rollin into St.Paul
that's where the fireworks start

canexplain
06-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Denver is going to be as chaotic as LastGreatMeh shopping for print-tees at The Gap

just wait till the pricks start rollin into St.Paul
that's where the fireworks start

yea, people always ask why the dems get protested and not the rnc, both in 68 and this year ... it is confusing, just ask my driver :) ..... x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/240px-Tianasquare.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/SpeedDemonBonnie.jpg

X****

canexplain
06-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Here is the latest …. The chief sheriff is putting forth a resolution today for the county (and Denver will follow they said), but just for the dnc, it will be against the law for protesters to carry any “pole or stick” …. I didn’t hear this, but my guess it is because they could be used as a weapon (like most anything grrrrrr) but that means we cannot have any banners or signs except ones to carry in our little mitts …. So here is what I am checking on: I don’t think it is against the law to carry around a rifle (not concealed but in the open) in the streets of Denver … fine then, I will put my banner on the end of the rifles nozzle …. With a giant flower in the end (like that famous pic from back then) and then lets see them fight the 2nd ? Amendment too ….. grrrrrrr …. X**** oh and also they are going to ban gas masks .... they are going to ban a damn piece of clothing as it were ... and i have my brand new, ready to go mask i just got .... :(

canexplain
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
so no one is paying attention to this thread .... if it were just a simple thread i started, i wouldnt care, but this is for the future of our country ... anyway .... latest news ... here is how they are going to get rid of the homeless in denver during the DNC.... they are going to give them tickets to movies and the museum .... now i know batman will break all the records :) .... that is so lame, its funny ..... x**** btw, for local peeps, they have posted the road closers during the "show" .......

ivankay
07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Free movies? Damn, wish i could be there for free movies.

i'm sure some lawyer has to be making the attempt to get a ruling on the inability to carry poles or sticks. The people in control of "our" government keep chipping away at the limits of speech (sure ain't free) with regulating where and how it can be done in the interests of "safety". Any news on that? Or is it over mits and guns? But then again, over mits can smother things, so they might take those away from you too.

canexplain
07-23-2008, 06:33 AM
now we cant have fucking water guns of any sort !!!!! the middle of august, downtown, and it is against the law to have a squirt gun ...grrrrr ... they say you can fill it with piss and squirt people ... well you can put it in a water bottle, opps now i said it, no water in denver during the dnc ..x****

TomAz
07-23-2008, 06:42 AM
so no one is paying attention to this thread .... if it were just a simple thread i started, i wouldnt care, but this is for the future of our country ...

Ron, you're a really nice guy and all. I like you a lot. I would love to meet you and have a few beers with you. So please don't take what I have to say next personally.

A bunch of tired old hippies carrying placards and shouting tired old slogans has nothing to do with the "future of our country". Protesting is not about political disagreements, it's not about trying to concvince people to reconsider their position on an issue -- it's about the protesters. If you want to make good change happen, go work the phone banks for the candidate of your choice. Write a letter to the editor of the Denver paper. Do something constructive, not destructive. It's more boring than protesting, sure, but it's a hell of a lot more effective.

canexplain
07-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Ron, you're a really nice guy and all. I like you a lot. I would love to meet you and have a few beers with you. So please don't take what I have to say next personally.

A bunch of tired old hippies carrying placards and shouting tired old slogans has nothing to do with the "future of our country". Protesting is not about political disagreements, it's not about trying to concvince people to reconsider their position on an issue -- it's about the protesters. If you want to make good change happen, go work the phone banks for the candidate of your choice. Write a letter to the editor of the Denver paper. Do something constructive, not destructive. It's more boring than protesting, sure, but it's a hell of a lot more effective.

i agree half of what you are saying BUT from the meetings i am going to, watching the coverage, etc, when everyone gets together, i bet "old hippies" are just a very very small part of the protesters ... the average age is mid to late 20's ... they are the new movement, code pink, iraq vets against the war, the new SDS, this is not a bunch of tired old dudes, but people who are younger then both of us and have the fire going in their heads this decade ... so the argument about protesting is somewhat valid, you are just talking to the wrong choir .... x*** yea, and we should have a beer together lol ...

TomAz
07-23-2008, 07:10 AM
i've just never known a protest to actually change someone's mind on an issue.

canexplain
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
i dont think it is so much as trying to change someones mind, but putting it out there for people that didnt think about things before or have no clue how important something may be to others ... and if there are a milliion voters that say "abc" then the politicians do listen a bit more i think ... x****

amyzzz
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I think Ron has a point. If I see a bunch of protesters on the news about some specific issue that I'd never heard of, then hey, now I've heard of it and I SEE how many people are upset about it.

canexplain
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Ron has a point. If I see a bunch of protesters on the news about some specific issue that I'd never heard of, then hey, now I've heard of it and I SEE how many people are upset about it.

it must be snowing outside, i dont think amy has ever agreed with part of something i said :) x****

canexplain
07-24-2008, 06:47 AM
DENVER (AP) - Police don't plan to use "pain ray" guns or weapons that shoot goo or slime to control unruly protesters at the Democratic National Convention.

Damn I was planning on putting a couple of hot dogs in my pocket and when they used the ray gun on us, I could accomplish two things at a time …. Hey anyone got
An idea on this … I want on my sign something that will just infuriate some people but underneath the big words have “with love” in little words … I though about “Kill all the
Conservatives”, with love” underneath but I thought that was a bit strong …. So, smother the conservatives with love, naw I don’t like that one so if anyone gets what
I am saying, any ideas? x****

gaypalmsprings
07-24-2008, 06:56 AM
http://home.att.net/%7Edmdickson/oldhippy.jpg

http://www.tiedyes.com/images/jerrystandingfront.jpg

canexplain
07-24-2008, 07:14 AM
http://home.att.net/%7Edmdickson/oldhippy.jpg

http://www.tiedyes.com/images/jerrystandingfront.jpg

morning GPS how is the desert this morn ...x****

amyzzz
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
it must be snowing outside, i dont think amy has ever agreed with part of something i said :) x****
Are you saying that I usually disagree or that I don't say anything at all in support of you? I'm perplexed.

canexplain
07-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Are you saying that I usually disagree or that I don't say anything at all in support of you? I'm perplexed.

you just dont comment which is cool because i usually just ramble...x****

amyzzz
07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
ok, *whew*

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
i've just never known a protest to actually change someone's mind on an issue.

I was reading a compendium over the weekend called The Best American Non-required Reading 2002 (guest edited by Dave Eggers, a good read if you're looking for one) and there was an article called The Nice New Radicals originally published in Spin. It was somewhat infuriating as it was all about how radicalism and protest--here focused on a couple of hippie vegan douchebag organizations who seem to have made Tibet their biggest concern--has become less about violence and conflict and more about non-violent media tactics.

The really annoying thing is that at the end of the article apparently they fucking worked! Case in point being a 1999 protest at a World Bank meeting where they managed to hang a humongous banner off the side of the World Bank building. The protesters refused to come down from their positions hanging there until they were granted a meeting with the World Bank officials, and they fucking got it. They were lobbying for the Bank to not do some kind of crap that would relocate a bunch of Chinese into Tibet or some shit. For whatever reason--perhaps what they said in the meeting with the WB execs, perhaps not--the deal eventually didn't go through.

canexplain
07-27-2008, 01:39 PM
ok, so last weekend was a two day fest, good show and well run, last night was offspring and a really good new band, plus dropkick M's , but today it is RATM on the big screen, 5.1 and all of that who get it, got to get ready for the really big show of 08 ..... kick up the jams motherfucker ....x****

dakid21
08-01-2008, 08:11 AM
ok, so last weekend was a two day fest, good show and well run, last night was offspring and a really good new band, plus dropkick M's , but today it is RATM on the big screen, 5.1 and all of that who get it, got to get ready for the really big show of 08 ..... kick up the jams motherfucker ....x****

So what's is the latest on the RATM front @ the DNC?

canexplain
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
So what's is the latest on the RATM front @ the DNC?

no news and in this case its probably not good news ... still hoping though ... with K West on the inside of the show, hey we need some RATM on the outside ...x****

they are playing Reading on the 22nd and Leeds on the 23rd, but the dnc doesnt start till the 25 so who knows ...

dakid21
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update. I"ll be keepin my fingers crossed.

canexplain
08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the update. I"ll be keepin my fingers crossed.

dude i just checked out your sig and used the link ... wow pretty impressive from what i quickly saw ... will check them out later tonight .... you might want to see some of ivankays stuff he posts ... if you come to the dnc, not just for the music, which is what i am doing, i am hoping for some good crowd shots (and NOT) gun shots .... x****

dakid21
08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
dude i just checked out your sig and used the link ... wow pretty impressive from what i quickly saw ... will check them out later tonight .... you might want to see some of ivankays stuff he posts ...

Thanks for the compliment! I'll see if I can track down some of Ivankays stuff.

Trick Loves The Kids
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
'bama's speech is going to smash the world.

Trick Loves The Kids
08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
The only question to me is whether Barack will utterly crush McCain or just crush him a little bit

aeroplanee
08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
The only question to me is whether Barack will utterly crush McCain or just crush him a little bit

I'll go with the former

canexplain
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I'll go with the former

it should be a crush like magovern sp but i think it will be close ... that is why everyone needs to get out and vote .... i have my preference and i am not going to try and talk peeps into anyone, my major issue is everyone should vote, then we know at least how the common folk thing .. x****

aeroplanee
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
anyone see Mccains new ad?????

"The One"???????

it almost gave me the impression that they were asking for everyone to vote for Barack

Trick Loves The Kids
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM
The reason I think Obama will win is because he's the most exciting candidate in years. Bush/Gore was the first election I witnessed and both of those guys are boring as fuck as candidates, Bush being less boring but also nearly retarded. Obama is a great speaker, he knows how to work a crowd, he's clever, and on top of that he actually has some pretty good ideas and viewpoints for our country's future. I feel like McCain is running based solely on the people who would vote for a shapeshifting lizard if he had (Republican) next to him on the ballot and there's no way that's gonna carry him to the White House against Barack, whose campaign is smooth as shit and who is raising money at record rates. People LIKE him, they want to see him in office, it's not going to be a case of voting against the other guy as much as it will be a positive vote for Barack.

That's my take on it, anyway, although I live in San Francisco so my understanding of public sentiment is probably skewed slightly (although my elderly Oklahoman grandmother whose bookshelf consists solely of books about Jesus voted for Obama in the primary this year, so that's something). Of course, this is the country that re-elected George W. motherfucking Bush so who knows what will happen. Still, I think Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC is going to be effing amazing regardless of the outcome.

dakid21
08-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Looks like Rage is playing the RNC, which makes more sense, but I'm bummed nonetheless.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/05/rage-against-the-machine-counter-program-republican-convention/

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Looks like Rage is playing the RNC, which makes more sense, but I'm bummed nonetheless.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/05/rage-against-the-machine-counter-program-republican-convention/

darn i didnt catch that ... oh well .. it does sound more like a concert then a policital thing ..... tnx for the update though ...x****

canexplain
08-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Been thinking about something that a number of people keep asking me and I never have a quick and good answer …”What are you protesting at the DNC?” … you know what I have finally figured out … I am not protesting anything (except maybe during the anti war march part) .. What I am doing is demonstrating … I am demonstrating my rights for freedom of speech and freedom of assembly … no real agenda at all but to test my freedoms which we always take for granted but are too lazy to actually use .. That simple …. X****

canexplain
08-13-2008, 05:50 AM
this just in .... Nazi germany arrives to the mile high city .... x****

DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4 News has learned if mass arrests happen at the Democratic Convention, those taken into custody will be jailed in a warehouse owned by the City of Denver. Investigator Rick Sallinger discovered the location and managed to get inside for a look.

The newly created lockup is on the northeast side of Denver.

Inside are dozens are metal cages. They are made out of chain link fence material and topped by rolls of barbed wire.

"This is a secured environment," Capt. Frank Gale of the Denver Sheriff's Department told CBS4. "We're concerned about how that's going to be utilized by people who will be potentially disruptive."

In past conventions, mass arrests have taken place.

With Denver's jails already overflowing, new space had to be created and officers trained.

Each of the fenced areas is about 5 yards by 5 yards and there is a lock on the door. A sign on the wall reads "Warning! Electric stun devices used in this facility."

CBS4 showed its video to leaders of groups that plan to demonstrate during the convention.

"Very bare bones and very reminiscent of a political prisoner camp or a concentration camp," said Zoe Williams of Code Pink.

Williams was one of those arrested at the Republican Convention in New York in 2004.

"That's how you treat cattle," said Adam Jung of the group Tent State University. "You showed the sign where it said stun gun in use and you just change the word gun for bolt and it's a meat processing plant."

Gale would not discuss the facility at this time.

"We want to make sure we got our game plan set," he said, "We want to make sure the entire procedure is laid out all the personnel know what they are supposed to do."

The plans were to keep this lockup a secret, at least for now.

The American Civil Liberties Union says it will ask the City of Denver how prisoners will get access to food and water, bathrooms, telephones, plus medical care, and if there will be a place to meet with attorneys.

The protesters have already given this place a name: "Gitmo on the Platte."

faxman75
08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Been thinking about something that a number of people keep asking me and I never have a quick and good answer …”What are you protesting at the DNC?” … you know what I have finally figured out … I am not protesting anything (except maybe during the anti war march part) .. What I am doing is demonstrating … I am demonstrating my rights for freedom of speech and freedom of assembly … no real agenda at all but to test my freedoms which we always take for granted but are too lazy to actually use .. That simple …. X****

I joined a protest / assembly in Prague. It was an anti US protest and i loved it. I didn't know a thing about what they were saying but I was educated the day prior by this chick from Slyvania (sp?) Anyway, condoleeza rice was in town to meet the president who agreed to let the USA put radars in thier country. The Czech people didn't like it especially with the cold war in thier not to distant past.

Assemble, protest, march. I'm a democrat at this point so I wouldn't be protesting the convention but I definitely would join the anti war protest.

canexplain
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I should make this a poll but there aren’t enough people on the board that are interested so:

Instead of holding a sign that’s says something against either the republicans or the dems I think I am
Going to carry an American flag but upside down ….
American flag code states: Flying the American flag upside down is indeed a type of SOS signal. Section 8a of the United States Flag Code states, "The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."

So ? x****

faxman75
08-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Yep, perfect. I am a strong supporter of burning the flag. I understand what it is and what it stands for and the purists points are well taken but at the end of the day it's a simple cloth symbol and burning the flag to me is fitting when you are protesting the current government or the eroding of our rights. Just an opinion and the flag burning is extreme to some. Then again I used to drive by pro lifers and throw baby dolls with ketchup squirted on them at their feet. I was young and angry back then though.

apostle2
08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
The conveniton has also announced some of the prime-time speakers:

MONDAY: House Nancy Pelosi, Senator Claire McCaskill, Senator Edward Kennedy, Craig Robinson (Michelle Obama's brother), Michelle Obama (Headliner)
TUESDAY: Senator Hillary Clinton, Governor Mark Warner (Keynote Speaker, Headliner)
WEDNESDAY: President Bill Clinton, VIce President Nominee (Headliner)
THURSDAY: Senator Barack Obama (Headliner)

apostle2
08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I love how they treat this like a concert, with headliners and all. Mark Warner is a really interesting choice for keynote speaker, we will see how he follows up Hill...

canexplain
08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
if ya cant beat em, kill em .....x****

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Police say the 49-year-old chairman of the Arkansas Democratic Party has died hours after being shot by a gunman who burst into the state party headquarters in Little Rock. Police say Chairman Bill Gwatney died four hours after the shooting near the state Capitol.

canexplain
08-13-2008, 01:41 PM
r-68 speakers ...x****

Ida Audeh - Palestinian Refugee

Kathleen Cleaver - Black Panthers

Ward Churchill - Long-time Author, Activist, and Scholar

Mark Cohen - Re-create 68 Alliance

Chairman Fred Hampton Jr. - Prisoners of Conscience Committee

Larry Hales - World Worker's Party and Re-create 68 Alliance

Larry Holmes - Troops Out Now Coalition

Ron Kovic - anti-war activist, veteran and author of Born On The Fourth of July

Cynthia Mckinney - Green Party United States Presidential Candidate

Glenn Spagnuolo - Re-create 68 Alliance

stinkbutt
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
darn i didnt catch that ... oh well .. it does sound more like a concert then a policital thing ..... tnx for the update though ...x****

Tom Morello is doing a set at the other anti RNC thing. Not one of the bars has extended their hours for RNC the city is trying to charge 10k per night to be open an extra 2 hours.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 09:04 AM
am putting this on two threads because most people dont look at the dnc thread ... CHECK THIS OUT WOOT WOOT ...X****

Rage Against The Machine, The Flobots, The Coup, State Radio, Wayne Kramer
free but you do have to have a free tic ... see 93.3 for details

Young blood
08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
FUCK YES! THE COUP AND RAGGGGGEEEEE! I will be there.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 09:23 AM
FUCK YES! THE COUP AND RAGGGGGEEEEE! I will be there.

ya, i am going this sunday to do the lottery thing, dont know if we need to hurry or not, but i am ... c u there ....ron****

Young blood
08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
The lottery runs through tuesday evening.

Sunday, August 24th

Various Locations
Converge on the 16th Street Mall

FUNK THE WAR 1 - 4pm

City of Ceurnavaca Park, 20th St & Little Raven
(across from the Skate Park)

Ryan Harvey 5 - 5:30 pm
Fulcrum 5:30 - 6 pm
David Rovics 6 - 6:30 pm
Son of Nun 6:30 - 7:30 pm

Freedomville Shantytown
(The "Freedom Cage")

Jello Biafra whenever - whenever

Monday, August 25th

CODEPINK Presents: 6:30 - 10 pm
Michelle Shocked
Jill Sobule
Melissa Ivey
God-des and She
8" Betsy
Rachel Bagby
Betsy Rose
Ricki Byers

Freedomville Shantytown
(The "Freedom Cage")

? whenever - whenever

Tuesday, August 26th

Kombat 6:30 - 7 pm
DJ Russh 7 - 7:30 pm
David Rovics 7:30 - 8 pm
P Nuckle 8 - 8:30 pm
Common Market 8:30 - 9pm
Blue Scholars 9 - 10 pm

Freedomville Shantytown
(The "Freedom Cage")

Son of Nun whenever - whenever

Wednesday, August 27th

Denver Colosseum

State Radio 11 am
The Coup
Wayne Kramer
Flobots
RAGGGGGEEE!

MC'd by Jello Biafra and Son of Nun

Freedomville Shantytown
(The "Freedom Cage")

Boots Riley whenever - whenever

Young blood
08-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Moby is doing a set at the church on Wednesday night.

Wille Nelson~ I will see at Invesco Field.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Moby is doing a set at the church on Wednesday night.

Wille Nelson~ I will see at Invesco Field.

yea, i saw that in westword ... i dont feel old at fests, but at the church i might so i am skipping that ...x****

rage patton
08-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Argh. Free Rage show? I am so jelous. And you KNOW Wayne Kramer is gonna come out and play Kick Out The Jams with Rage. Not to mention, hosted be Jello Biafra no less. Arghh... when is this?

Edit. Nevermind. August 27th. Hmmm....

Blinken
08-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I wish i could go Rage, Flobots, The coup.

Bosco
08-14-2008, 04:20 PM
im pricelining $180...

to go or not to go?...that, is, the question

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
im pricelining $180...

to go or not to go?...that, is, the question

Is a hotel included in that? Because you are not going to find a hotel room in the Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs area....

Bosco
08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Is a hotel included in that? Because you are not going to find a hotel room in the Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs area....

i was just gonna look up a hostel, that is, if there is any available...

edit: never mind, everything is filled up.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM

oh bosco knows he can stay at my house the big caviet is we dont know for a while if we are lucky to get a tic or not ....x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
i was just gonna look up a hostel, that is, if there is any available...

Stay with Ron, really there will be NOTHING available...I work in the hospitality industry and we are expecting hell...

Bosco
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
ha, thanks ron! your way too kind!

I would hope tickets aren't too scarce

canexplain
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Stay with Ron, really there will be NOTHING available...I work in the hospitality industry and we are expecting hell...

anyone, this is up in the air too ..if i am lucky enough to get two tics, i know tygerlady isnt going (to any dnc stuff) so i would have an extra, but its a crap shoot ... i think they should only give them to locals because the out of state people are here to do their jobs ... fair, no, but i dont care in this instance ...x****

Young blood
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I dont think tixs will be supper hard to get. Most people coming into town are scared shitless of rage, and those who can go most work or go to school, for an 11 am show.....I hope.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
are Rage going on at 11am?

Young blood
08-14-2008, 05:14 PM
probably around 3 or 4

show start at 11.

Young blood
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
common is playing red rocks with a live band during the film fest. I want to know if Kayne is really going to show up.

Young blood
08-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Ted Leo and The Pharmacists

Where:

La Rumba, 99 W. 9th Ave. – Denver

To RSVP, email vip@theonion.com with “OnionDNC party” in the subject and your name in the email body. RSVP admits one guest. No exceptions. Space is limited. You will receive an email confirming your RSVP.

suprefan
08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Argh. Free Rage show? I am so jelous. And you KNOW Wayne Kramer is gonna come out and play Kick Out The Jams with Rage. Not to mention, hosted be Jello Biafra no less. Arghh... when is this?

Edit. Nevermind. August 27th. Hmmm....

You think its goign to go off without a hitch? Dont think it will....

Please see aftermath of free Rage show at DNC 2000 in Los Angeles..

B14d_tfyNag

go to about 2 minutes

canexplain
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
the vid wouldnt play on my pc but then i couldnt get coachella for a while ..it was weird ...x****

Boourns
08-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Vid has been deleted. Go figure.

But here's the location of the Rage afterparty:
oQEc3ejHIaM

stinkbutt
08-14-2008, 11:20 PM
That vid is hilarious Boourns. Denver one of the most liberal cities surrounded by conservative bs and RATM (for free) to boot expect the shit to royally hit the fan

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-15-2008, 05:10 AM
common is playing red rocks with a live band during the film fest. I want to know if Kayne is really going to show up.

I would only want to see Kanye if he brought his production.

canexplain
08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
amyzzz asked if i expected to be arrested at the dnc, here is my short :) answer ....x****

Here are some of my concerns. Of course there are going to be a lot of important people here, the next president, and other dignitaries and Coachella people are not on the same level as them, but the feds are giving Denver 50 million dollars for security. They might, I say might, be around 50k people here, so half of Coachella. Do you think that GV spends 50 million on security, or 5 million, or even 500k on security? Lets say 500k and only Dani could really tell us, but the feds and Denver are spending 100 TIMES as much on security to secure half as many people. That makes no sense to me. They have this giant list of things you cannot have in Denver and or the surrounding counties during that time. My pet peeve, a gas mask. There is no way that could be an offensive weapon against the authorities, but the head cop at my work said “we don’t want them to on equal ground as the police force.” Thank you very much; sorry I would like to protect myself. They are closing down the railroad track behind my work and we are not within 10 miles of the venue. It does go downtown, but couldn’t they just have a check point and check things out? I bet if I were in an old van chugging down the street and they didn’t like my look, they would have no problem checking me out. They have already said they are not going to use the secret weapons, so we don’t have to worry, yea sure, I believe them. Not …. Ex: the infrared gun for crowd control, good for 500 yards (top of a building ???), that “will not harm you but will make you feel like you are in a microwave” thank you very much, I will just carry a hamburger in my pocket and woot woot, hot hamburgers walking down the street. The poop gun that is suppose to make you do just that, but we can’t have water pistols because we might fill them with urine and spray the police. So does that mean if I have to go to the bathroom, I am hiding a concealed weapon? The goo gun that sort of freezes you, that is the weirdest one. I know a few inside things from directly working with local authorities at my work that I can’t by integrity say anything about, but it’s not good. The little drill they had a while ago where helicopters landed downtown and they repelled off of buildings and such. Hum, we have to hire black water to do that though because all of our National Guard and troops are overseas. The Denver police a while ago beat up some dude for riding his bicycle against a red light and said they did no such thing until two different local citizens had a video tape of the incident and opps they did it again. Hey it was just practice for the DNC, give them a break. Denver cops are known for being bad asses in general but they are gearing up. Homeland security, no comment. So this is so long no one will even bother reading it at this point, but do I think I am going to get arrested? On a good day, no, and an average day, well. And this is just a small rant on my part lol, so it goes ……x****

menikmati
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Coachella isn't 100,000 people.

amyzzz
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
It was 90,000 in 06 though, wasn't it?

marooko
08-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Ron, are you going to protest or just to attend? If protesting, what?

canexplain
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Coachella isn't 100,000 people.

i am saying 50k day to day, but double it at the dnc, well then only FIFTY times as much money ... things are going on that arent good ... i am going to defense training, video training, and legal training, for free over the weekend for the event ... its just wrong that i have to even contemplate that .... x****

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
amyzzz asked if i expected to be arrested at the dnc, here is my short :) answer ....x****

Here are some of my concerns. Of course there are going to be a lot of important people here, the next president, and other dignitaries and Coachella people are not on the same level as them, but the feds are giving Denver 50 million dollars for security. They might, I say might, be around 50k people here, so half of Coachella. Do you think that GV spends 50 million on security, or 5 million, or even 500k on security? Lets say 500k and only Dani could really tell us, but the feds and Denver are spending 100 TIMES as much on security to secure half as many people. That makes no sense to me. They have this giant list of things you cannot have in Denver and or the surrounding counties during that time. My pet peeve, a gas mask. There is no way that could be an offensive weapon against the authorities, but the head cop at my work said “we don’t want them to on equal ground as the police force.” Thank you very much; sorry I would like to protect myself. They are closing down the railroad track behind my work and we are not within 10 miles of the venue. It does go downtown, but couldn’t they just have a check point and check things out? I bet if I were in an old van chugging down the street and they didn’t like my look, they would have no problem checking me out. They have already said they are not going to use the secret weapons, so we don’t have to worry, yea sure, I believe them. Not …. Ex: the infrared gun for crowd control, good for 500 yards (top of a building ???), that “will not harm you but will make you feel like you are in a microwave” thank you very much, I will just carry a hamburger in my pocket and woot woot, hot hamburgers walking down the street. The poop gun that is suppose to make you do just that, but we can’t have water pistols because we might fill them with urine and spray the police. So does that mean if I have to go to the bathroom, I am hiding a concealed weapon? The goo gun that sort of freezes you, that is the weirdest one. I know a few inside things from directly working with local authorities at my work that I can’t by integrity say anything about, but it’s not good. The little drill they had a while ago where helicopters landed downtown and they repelled off of buildings and such. Hum, we have to hire black water to do that though because all of our National Guard and troops are overseas. The Denver police a while ago beat up some dude for riding his bicycle against a red light and said they did no such thing until two different local citizens had a video tape of the incident and opps they did it again. Hey it was just practice for the DNC, give them a break. Denver cops are known for being bad asses in general but they are gearing up. Homeland security, no comment. So this is so long no one will even bother reading it at this point, but do I think I am going to get arrested? On a good day, no, and an average day, well. And this is just a small rant on my part lol, so it goes ……x****

Can someone paraphrase this?

amyzzz
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
hahaha

marooko
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Ron, are you going to protest or just to attend? If protesting, what?

i am saying 50k day to day, but double it at the dnc, well then only FIFTY times as much money ... things are going on that arent good ... i am going to defense training, video training, and legal training, for free over the weekend for the event ... its just wrong that i have to even contemplate that .... x****

suprefan
08-15-2008, 01:46 PM
It was 90,000 in 06 though, wasn't it?

Amy, you need to do the math better. I think you are confusing the cumulative of both Coachella days in 2006, to what there will be in Denver IN ONE DAY. And in 2006, it was capped at 60k a day.

amyzzz
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
So I added an extra 30 thou. I thought I heard that number somewhere because Madonna-day was so fucking packed.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
So I added an extra 30 thou. I thought I heard that number somewhere because Madonna-day was so fucking packed.

I forget but were you there for Madonna too? thread hijak

amyzzz
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Massive Attack, baby. Although I did try to watch a couple Madonna songs before we bailed.

canexplain
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Can someone paraphrase this?

synopsis, we never seem to learn from our past. I am not protesting anything (except during the war march, there are many marches for many things). I am not planning to be associated with any group, code pink, ivaw, r-68, I am going down there as just me, they can take it or leave it, both sides. I am going down to demonstrate my rights of free speech and the right to assemble. I will get disruptive if they try and take away my constitutional rights. x****

marooko
08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
what exactly are you protesting? or assembling for?

boarderwoozel3
08-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Ron, how can you be so baffled by the DNC outspending Coachella on security? Coachella tries to keep out e-bombs, the DNC is worried about pipe bombs... you teel me which one can't fail.

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
synopsis, we never seem to learn from our past. I am not protesting anything (except during the war march, there are many marches for many things). I am not planning to be associated with any group, code pink, ivaw, r-68, I am going down there as just me, they can take it or leave it, both sides. I am going down to demonstrate my rights of free speech and the right to assemble. I will get disruptive if they try and take away my constitutional rights. x****

Now THIS I can handle.

It's not the first time and it won't be the last time.....

YOU DA MAN RON!

We got your back homie!

TomAz
08-15-2008, 09:12 PM

I hope they throw you in jail and keep you there. Why not demonstrate your "right to assemble" on some random day? no, you're choosing to do it during the DNC, when every fucktard and his wife will be out in their dog suits howling at the moon. You and your whole fucking hippie comunity are a bunch of hypocritical disingenuous twat rags. I hope you get maced.

miscorrections
08-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Tom I love you.

canexplain
08-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I hope they throw you in jail and keep you there. Why not demonstrate your "right to assemble" on some random day? no, you're choosing to do it during the DNC, when every fucktard and his wife will be out in their dog suits howling at the moon. You and your whole fucking hippie comunity are a bunch of hypocritical disingenuous twat rags. I hope you get maced.

well you posted this at 1112 so i am hoping you werent yourself ... there is so much wrong with that statement ... as i said b4, 90 percent of the people that are going to be there are not hippies and never were ... they are young kids wanting to make a difference ... the only hippies are the organizers and speakers maybe and me lol ... random day? do you know there has been a handfull of people on the steps of our capitol protestesting the war since it fucking started, do you know about them? no, and neither does anyone at my work and they live here ... there is strength in numbers ... i dont have a wife btw ... and now i dont have a dog suit either :( ... guessing here, about 1/4 of the people there are the "other side" and church groups so there is going to be both sides protesting ... i have been maced a number of times at concerts and events, i am not worried about that, thats kid stuff, but they are not talking kid stuff here .. and i worry just a little, if they push me too hard, i might do something stupid in the spur of the moment ...anyway, if you feel the way you do, why do you care either way, i dont get that ... its like me saying you and yours are going to a movie tonight why are you doing that, what right do you have to do that, it makes no sense and its basically none of my business .. i am guessing your parents were hippies and you never forgave them :) peace to you and yours ..x****

canexplain
08-16-2008, 08:59 AM
this is what i dont want ....x****

Among radical leftist organizations, the Panthers' reputation for violence was likely rivaled only by the Weathermen. Hugh Pearson stated, "the Left appeared to view the Panthers as gladiators, cheering them on as they got themselves killed"[44].

From the fall of 1967 through the end of 1969, nine police officers were killed and 56 were wounded in confrontations with the Panthers. The confrontations were believed to have resulted in ten Panther deaths and an unknown number of injuries. In 1969 alone, 348 Panthers were arrested for a variety of crimes [45].

cleavers wife (black panthers) is speaking at the event ....x****

canexplain
08-16-2008, 09:03 AM
the founder of the mc5 will play at the dnc ....x****

The MC5 recorded a live track titled "I'm Mad Like Eldridge Cleaver" on October 27, 1968, released on their Ice Pick Slim E.P. in 1995.

Down Rodeo
08-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Kick out the jams, motherfucker...

Young blood
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Yawnnnnnnn......

Add Moby, Dave Navarro, the Silversun Pickups, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the Cold War Kids and Nada Surf to the list of rockers who will be performing public concerts during Democratic National Convention week in Denver.

Moby will perform Aug. 27 at The Church nightclub, 1160 Lincoln St. Tickets start at $20. It's a fundraiser for the Democratic National Party (18 and over only). Presale tickets are available at coclubs.com.

Navarro, formerly of Jane's Addiction and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, will perform with DJ Skribble and drummer Slynkee at The Church on Aug. 31 (no start times announced). Tickets start at $20 (18 and over only). Presale tickets also are available at coclubs.com.

Indie-rock faves the Silversun Pickups, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the Cold War Kids and Nada Surf will be performing at 6 p.m. Aug. 27 at the Manifest Hope Gallery, 2990 Larimer St., at an event hosted by MoveOn.org. and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. The program has been dubbed "Unconventional '08."

The bands will perform on an outdoor stage. Tickets are free, and a limited number will be available by visiting Manifest Hope Gallery.

Additionally, Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley), Zooey Deschanel (She and Him), Matthew Caws (Nada Surf) and Jonathan Rice will be performing together in a private VIP "rounds" performance as part of the Manifest Hope Gallery party.

The Manifest Hope Gallery will showcase both known and new contemporary artists, including painters, sculptors and street artists, as well as newly commissioned works and previous works on loan from some of the top U.S. artists.

In addition to the professional artists, five artists selected from a MoveOn sponsored art contest will show their work for the first time at Manifest Hope. These five pieces will be chosen by a panel of judges, including famed artists Ross Bleckner, April Gornik, Eric Fischl and Shepard Fairey; musicians Moby, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth; DJ Spooky; Cydney Payton, executive director and chief curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver; and Nancy Spector, author and Guggenheim Curator of Contemporary Art.

The work of the five finalists selected to show in the Manifest Hope Gallery will hang alongside well-known artists such as Fairey, Sam Flores, Ron English, Chris Pastras, Mel Kadel and the Date Farmers.

The gallery is open to the public from Sunday, Aug. 24, through Thursday, Aug. 28.

canexplain
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
i cant think that gallery is giant or anything ... have you ever been there, i know i havent .... but thats pretty cool all the stuff happening ....x**** dah outside stage humm i wonder where

Young blood
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
The concert is on Lairmer Square. Free! I will be in hippie park checking out the peace concerts.

Young blood
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
About the Manifest Hope Gallery

Art plays a pivotal role in creating cultural momentum. The Manifest Hope Gallery celebrates that role and shines a spotlight on artists across the nation who use their voices to amplify and motivate the grass roots movement surrounding the Obama Campaign. The Manifest Hope Gallery highlights the central themes of the progressive grass-roots movement- Hope Change, Progress, Unity and Patriotism.

The Manifest Hope Gallery will be open to the public in Denver, CO at the Democratic National Convention, between Monday August 25th, 2008 through Thursday, August 28th, 2008 between the hours of 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.

The Manifest Hope Gallery, housed within Denver's Andenken Gallery, and an additional transformed warehouse space, spans 10,000 sq. ft. and will draw together a works as varied as the voices of the artists who created them. Manifest hope will showcase some of the finest modern contemporary artists, acclaimed NY painters and sculptors, activated grass roots and street artists, and present the most widely recognized pieces seen throughout the 2008 presidential primary campaign, as well as newly commissioned works and previous works on loan from some of the United States top artists.

Manifest Hope, along with its online partner MoveOn.org, challenges the artistic world to engage their local communities in a significant and meaningful way, by inviting all artists to compete for a chance to present their works alongside these acclaimed and celebrated artists. Visit the online gallery for details.
Manifest Hope Gallery

2990 Larimer Street

Denver, CO 80205

Participating Artists:

Aaron Martin // Adrian Sanchez // Alexis McKenzie // Amy Martin // Amy Rice // Andy Howell // Alex Pardee // Cathie Bleck // Casey Ryder // Chanel Kennebrew // Chris Pastras // Chris Yates // Cydney Payton // Dan Monick // Date Farmers // David Choe // David Lanham // Deroy Peraza // Diederick Kraaijeveld // Eddie // Elizabeth Rosen // Emek // Evan Hecox // Frank Chimero // Frankie // Gary Baseman // HVW8 // Irene Hardwicke Olivieri // Jason Alberto //Garcia // Jason Giglio // Jeff Zimmerman // Jesselisa Moretti // Jude Buffum // Julie Adler // Justin Bua // Kate Luscher //Kay Tuttle // Keith Negley // Kofie // Leontine Greenberg // Lisa Anne Auerbach // Lisa Congdon // Lukas Ketner // MAC //Max Ginsburg // Maya Hayuk // Mear One // Mel Kadel // Melanie Reim // Morning Breath // Munk One // Nick Dewar // Pete Yahnke // Philip John Lumbang // Ray Noland aka CRO // Rebecca Berdel // Retna // Rick Griffith // Ron English // Ron Keas // Sam Flores // Sarah Hoskins // Scot Lefavor // Shannon Bonatakis and Josh Holland // Shepard Fairey // Todd Berger // Todd Lockwood // Tom Slaughter // Mike Moore (Tres Birds) // Van Taylor // Zara Gonzalez // Zina Saunders // Zoltron

canexplain
08-17-2008, 07:53 PM
yea ill be down there all day and now it looks like maybe late at night but i am not sure what i will be doing ....x****

canexplain
08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
im taking the colfax 15 down each day and it runs late, but i think my cross bus that goes by my house ends around 12am so dont want to miss that else its about a 4 mile walk ...x****

Young blood
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
haha that would suck. Taxis in colorado are really reasonable in price though as a last resort. You should try to get rage tixs it would be fun show to see. It would be awesome if we could get a pic at the show together.

boarderwoozel3
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
This reminds me of the annoying kid in grade school who always retorted with, "It's a free country!"

canexplain
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
haha that would suck. Taxis in colorado are really reasonable in price though as a last resort. You should try to get rage tixs it would be fun show to see. It would be awesome if we could get a pic at the show together.

yea, i dont have an in with anyone so i going down next sunday and get in the lottery ...x****

Young blood
08-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Showing: Monday, August 25, 6:00 PM
Running Time: 240 Minutes
Theater: Red Rocks Ampitheatre

Featuring:
The Apples in Stereo
Okkervil River
Jill Sobule
the top ten films from the Cinemocracy film festival
and many, many more.

Presented by Starz & GOOD
GOOD has teamed up with the Denver Film Society, Denver Office of Cultural Affairs and the Denver 2008 Host Committee to offer $20 GOOD Seats at Cinemocracy Rocks, guaranteeing you a seat at this fantastic event.

Your $20 payment gets you 1 year (6 issues) of GOOD Magazine, as well as a GOOD (preferred) Seat at the Cinemocracy Rocks screening and concert. All $20 is designated for your magazine subscription and 100% of the money will be paid to the Denver Film Society (a 501(c)3 non profit organization) as a charitable contribution.

Sponsored By:
Starz, GOOD, Aquafina, PepsiCo, Montesqueue, & Urban Market Development LLC
Reserving Tickets
Please select your price level to purchase tickets for this event. Ticket holders must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the film to guarantee seats.

For group sales, please contact the box office at 303.595.3456x250.

canexplain
08-18-2008, 10:28 AM
wish that was a real concert and not a flim, i will be pretty busy that night anyway ... i am going down in about half an hour and listen the what r68 is announcing at 200 ... they said they are going to announce a big political band that is going to be playing a free show .... it cant be the ratm show because that has already been announced and the sponsors for that is tent city not r68 ... i was hoping for csn but i think they are too big to do it for free ....x****

Young blood
08-18-2008, 10:33 AM
It is a concert and film fest.

I bet its Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

canexplain
08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
well darn it wasnt csn but in the end a band that maybe fits the bill better ... public enemy, with all the original members ... it is free at the civic center park, no tics needed just open .... this is going to get wild .. x***

Young blood
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Awesome. What day?

canexplain
08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Awesome. What day?

i have to double check but i think its at 200pm on tuesday after the r68 march around the city in circles .... watch this happen lol, there was about 10 press people there, 5 or 6 organizers and us other 3 .. there might be 500 peeps downtown next week, nothing would surprise me, but i dont think that will be the case .. they also announced that cindy sheean sp is flying in to speak .. she is a lighting rod for sure ...x****

Young blood
08-18-2008, 01:54 PM
make it 501 for Public enemy. Ill be there

Cindy Sheehan can suck it. She is a lost cause.

Young blood
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Fuck kanye.

Kanye West will be performing at the EXDO Event Center for the RIAA / ONE Campaign on August 27 during the DNC.

canexplain
08-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Fuck kanye.

Kanye West will be performing at the EXDO Event Center for the RIAA / ONE Campaign on August 27 during the DNC.

ditto ... riaa<chimpanzeeeees ...x****

Young blood
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
did you see this though ron?

James Taylor, David Crosby & Graham Nash, Ani DiFranco and more will be at the Temple Buell Theatre on Tuesday, Aug. 26 for a concert with etown's Nick and Helen Forster. Special guests include Gov. Bill Ritter and Mayor John Hickenlooper. Tickets go on sale on Aug. 14 through Ticketmaster, though Etown members can get them two days earlier. Pricing and other details are to come.

I guess I might just start pm'n these seeing as we are about the only two from this board attending any dnc shows. Marcos is working.....sucker.

Young blood
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
goddamm people need to put in the details.

Denver 3 at the Onion’s DNC party

To RSVP, email vip@theonion.com with “Onion DNC party” in the subject and your name in the email body. RSVP admits one guest. No exceptions. Space is limited. You will receive an email confirming your RSVP.

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Eugene Mirman
(Comedians of Comedy, Flight of The Concords)

Michael Showalter
(MTV’s The State, Stella, Wet Hot American Summer)

Tyler “Danger” Jacobson & boyhollow

La Rumba, 99 W. 9th Ave. – Denver
Thursday, 8/28
Free
8pm

To RSVP, email vip@theonion.com with “Onion DNC party” in the subject and your name in the email body. RSVP admits one guest. No exceptions. Space is limited. You will receive an email confirming your RSVP.

gratytrainridesagain
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
DNC gets all the cool shit why the fuck don't we get anything awesome up here

canexplain
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
did you see this though ron?

James Taylor, David Crosby & Graham Nash, Ani DiFranco and more will be at the Temple Buell Theatre on Tuesday, Aug. 26 for a concert with etown's Nick and Helen Forster. Special guests include Gov. Bill Ritter and Mayor John Hickenlooper. Tickets go on sale on Aug. 14 through Ticketmaster, though Etown members can get them two days earlier. Pricing and other details are to come.

I guess I might just start pm'n these seeing as we are about the only two from this board attending any dnc shows. Marcos is working.....sucker.

yea i saw that a while ago, e town tics are always almost impossible to get so i didnt evern try .. x**** thats why i was guessing csn, i bet they show up somewhere down town to sit in with groups ...x****

Blinken
08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Damn I wish I was going to all this.

canexplain
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn I wish I was going to all this.

might be interesting ... along the lines of jimi fillmore nyeve, watkins glenn biggest show i ever went to , altamont :(, i am looking foward to it ...x***

Little Britain
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
DNC gets all the cool shit why the fuck don't we get anything awesome up here

You'll probably get Hannah Montana in 3D.

Ted Berthalaname
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Teddy's rootin' on the 'gro!

canexplain
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
that darn dnc stole my idea .... i heard just a while ago, on the credentials that everyone is given to go in, is one of those holigraphic things, if you move it a certain way, it an upside down american flag ... well i said weeks ago that is what my "sign" is going to be ... thiefs :) x****

faxman75
08-20-2008, 11:31 AM
So, exactly where the fuck does Obama stand on gay marriage? I thought he was against an constitutional amendment defining marriage and now all of the sudden he's all about the bibles definition. Is he flip flopping on this issue or is he ok with gays getting married?

TomAz
08-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't know what his official position is

but I'd bet $100 that his real position is that he doesn't give a shit one way or the other, at least not compared to his being president.

Blinken
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
He did say that was definition of marriage at the forum on Sat. He also said he would never support a Constitutional admendment. I really think we have look at who he was talking to, the religious right of Orange County. He is playing more to the center so he can get elected and we will see what happens if he swings back after the election.

faxman75
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
True, but I also did some more research and he apparently has always supported civil unions and been against gay "marriage". His voting record is in favor of gay rights and repealing don't ask, don't tell but he continues to say he is opposed to gay marriage. Although he left another loophole open because he supports California and also believes it should be up to each state.

canexplain
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
True, but I also did some more research and he apparently has always supported civil unions and been against gay "marriage". His voting record is in favor of gay rights and repealing don't ask, don't tell but he continues to say he is opposed to gay marriage. Although he left another loophole open because he supports California and also believes it should be up to each state.

i think that sort of sums it up .. he is kinda pissing me off changing flip/flop his mind all of the time though ... still better the the old dude ...x****

canexplain
08-20-2008, 06:32 PM
i hope PF, give me a break for i think 72 days of double posts and stuff like that ... please Dani, its really important ...and i dont really say any thing not within the rules i dont think ... x**** posted on another thread but no one reads this one cept me and YB ...

two biggest i hate, and i listen to them maybe 2 to 3 hours everyday, just to get my blood pressure up i guess .... male...hannity .. female .. coulter (dike) and dikes are ok, but not if they surpress it lol :) ... because of the thread title, and the dnc thread, i may say things that are on the edge ... ya know i love ya gang, but the next 72 days ? yikes , i say a day in a life a lot, but this time is the last day in a life for me, get it right this time, or i give up ...x****

faxman75
08-21-2008, 07:09 AM
So, Rice sneaks over to Europe to sign a timetable agreement when as recent as two months ago Bush was against this idea. Now all of the sudden he has handcuffed the next president into a withdrawal on a set date a year away and in the agreement we also agree to never use Iraq or its bases as a launch pad for attacks against neighboring countries.

Iiiiiinteresting.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
So, Rice sneaks over to Europe to sign a timetable agreement when as recent as two months ago Bush was against this idea. Now all of the sudden he has handcuffed the next president into a withdrawal on a set date a year away and in the agreement we also agree to never use Iraq or its bases as a launch pad for attacks against neighboring countries.

Iiiiiinteresting.

bush is such a creep .... when he signed that exective bill about drilling, he said now its up to congress to get off their butts ... well why didnt he sign it in 05 or b4 when the republicans had the majority and they would have signed it right then with no problem ... grrrrr .... x****

canexplain
08-21-2008, 07:16 AM
oh, im gonna color part of my hair blue and red, tygerlady said the rest is already white lol .... my work hates when i do that :) x****

faxman75
08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
So, does Romney help or hurt McCain? I think he would be a bad choice and McCain would lose some of his supporters he brought with from the middle. Not to mention Romney is another great satan.

faxman75
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
3 debates are agreed upon starting 9/26

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080821/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_debates

canexplain
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
So, does Romney help or hurt McCain? I think he would be a bad choice and McCain would lose some of his supporters he brought with from the middle. Not to mention Romney is another great satan.

well they dogged obama about his religion affilations, some people think mormons are a bit odd ... i think they are ok but a bit weird ...i do think in general it will help .. he is smart and just looks the part which the girls will love .... x****

faxman75
08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I am enjoying the right wing media touting some sort of decline in the polls for Obama. Rasmussen sure doesn't reflect the danger that faux news and the other talking heads have been trying to point out.

Newro7ic
08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I am enjoying the right wing media touting some sort of decline in the polls for Obama. Rasmussen sure doesn't reflect the danger that faux news and the other talking heads have been trying to point out.

They have to make it look like as much of a race as possible. A huge win by either side doesn't sell advertising time. If it's a sure thing, then no one would care and tune in.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 08:24 AM

yea i know, they are going off on the one poll that says that ... it doesnt worry me, but i do wish obama was more ahead .. ya just cant trust these voters ...fox, what a bunch of dickweeds ...x****

faxman75
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
yeah, i don't trust the voters or the polls but the groundswell of registered democrats should be the difference. All polls are bullshit.

faxman75
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Not done playing police yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080821/ts_nm/georgia_ossetia_dc

Newro7ic
08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
U.S. impatience has been growing by the day as it waits for a full-scale pullout of troops and weaponry that Russia sent into its small neighbor two weeks ago to counter a Georgian attack on the Moscow-backed South Ossetia region.

This is the part that no one seems to recognize. Georgia started the entire conflict.

faxman75
08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Stop it. Russia is evil. We must destroy them.

Newro7ic
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry.. I forgot. Please allow me to get inline. :)

faxman75
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
If you don't you are obviously unamerican and wish nothing but blood on our soldiers.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
did you hear what macain said when he was asked how many houses he owned ? "i will have to let my people get back to you, i am not sure" yea he is just common folk like us ... although obama made millions on his book last year, so i am not sure if he remembers where he came from either , i am just hoping he does ...x****

Newro7ic
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
did you hear what macain said when he was asked how many houses he owned ? "i will have to let my people get back to you, i am not sure" yea he is just common folk like us ... although obama made millions on his book last year, so i am not sure if he remembers where he came from either , i am just hoping he does ...x****

I believe the answer is 10, btw. 10 Houses.

faxman75
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Well how many houses would you have if you wanted to hide from your cunt wife?

Newro7ic
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Well how many houses would you have if you wanted to hide from your cunt wife?

They are her houses. He can't hide in her houses. :)

There is some truth to the fact that Mccain really isn't that rich. His wife, however, is loaded. Do they have community property laws in the AZ?

marooko
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
all these fuckers are loaded, why is this news?

faxman75
08-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Why is what news? It's not news that he's rich, the news part was him being so old and senile he doesn't remember how many he actually has. I'm sure he's young enough to bomb russia and iran though. Fucking evil doers.

marooko
08-21-2008, 03:40 PM
someone had said they were his wife's houses. do they live in all of them or are some of them rentals?

canexplain
08-21-2008, 05:13 PM
someone had said they were his wife's houses. do they live in all of them or are some of them rentals?

they are a mix, some for investment, one for his daughter, etc ... my thoughts are not so much he has them, but that he has no clue how many .. x****

canexplain
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
if you go in your car to the DNC, they will know you did, or at least your car ... there is this new law enforcement software that if they see a pattern of robbing, rape, etc in an area, they will park the car there, and every car that goes in that area, the car plate will be recorded and put into a database ... I guess that sounds good so if something happens again, they can see who was there at that exact place and time .. oh, the other side, then for maybe 10 years (up as to how long to keep the data), if you went in that area, they can call it up and use it however they need to ... guilty just for being somewhere at a certain time .. oh yea I forgot, under the Freedom of Information Act, a lawyer could ask for that data in a divorce case or something like that .... oh, BTW, that will be tested and used here as of tomorrow .... x**** wow I just read, no Public Enemy at the DNC, they said it wasnt happening

Ted Berthalaname
08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Shit sentence.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Shit sentence.

huh? x****

TomAz
08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
if you go in your car to the DNC, they will know you did, or at least your car ... there is this new law enforcement software that if they see a pattern of robbing, rape, etc in an area, they will park the car there, and every car that goes in that area, the car plate will be recorded and put into a database ... I guess that sounds good so if something happens again, they can see who was there at that exact place and time .. oh, the other side, then for maybe 10 years (up as to how long to keep the data), if you went in that area, they can call it up and use it however they need to ... guilty just for being somewhere at a certain time .. oh yea I forgot, under the Freedom of Information Act, a lawyer could ask for that data in a divorce case or something like that .... oh, BTW, that will be tested and used here as of tomorrow .... x**** wow I just read, no Public Enemy at the DNC, they said it wasnt happening

you're getting divorced? sorry to hear that ron.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
you're getting divorced? sorry to hear that ron.

thats funny, i guess it was the way i said it but that happened a long time ago, but just to continue the thought, one of the weddings i did the pics and vid for was my ex wife .. life is weird ....x****

canexplain
08-22-2008, 07:02 AM
DENVER (AP) - An advertisement at Denver International Airport opposing nuclear weapons has been removed by the same advertising company that took down a similar ad at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport. Clear Channel Outdoor removed the ads placed by the Union of Concerned Scientists. The ads were aimed at people attending the Democratic National Convention in Denver and the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minn.
Clear Channel said it removed the ad in the Minnesota airport this week after Northwest Airlines objected.
In an e-mail yesterday, the company said it removed the Denver ad "after being informed of the reasons for Northwest Airlines' objections."
Denver airport officials said they didn't request that it be removed.

Plus yesterday on my drive home, on one of the busiest intersection around here, I drove by this guy that had a giant placard that said “beware, gross disgusting pictures ahead” then I went by the next block and there were about 8 anti abortion people with signs of blood and fetuses etc and their signs said if you think a woman has a right to an abortion, you are Satan, evil, and a baby killer …. Yikes …. X****

faxman75
08-22-2008, 08:19 PM
So...it looks like Obama/Biden.

PassiveTheory
08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Yep, pick the white man, that's one hell of a way to secure an assassination/destroy the campaign.

canexplain
08-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Yep, pick the white man, that's one hell of a way to secure an assassination/destroy the campaign.

i read your other post on this passive, while i agree, if obama wants to win, he had no choice .... little steps at a time, let him get in the office first, elect a majority of dems in both houses, then we will get things cooking ...x***

canexplain
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
well quite today although it really doesnt start till tomorrow ....x***

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010888.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010854.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010869.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010839.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010863.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010833.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010868.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010863-1.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010884.jpg

btw, that is ward churchill, cindy sheehan, ron kovac (born on the 4th july dude)

faxman75
08-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Awesome pics. I love protests, I attended one in Prague this year. I was just at the right place at the right time. It was the anti radar protest. I also saw a bunch of Palestinian protesters in London. They were a bit scary and they showed up at a UK and Israel unity celebration. That one was more tense.

canexplain
08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
it was all in all about what i expected although like i said early ... i am treating this like a 5 day festival, pacing .... so tonight its the end of the olympics (page is gonna be on) and get ready for tomorrow ... i havent walked 5 miles in a long time, i am such a slug ... the big deal of "they arent gonna put us in a free speech zone ie: cages" went this way ... so we march to the pepsi center, get to the cages, and i am not fucking kidding, they said they couldnt find the key to the gate .... it was laughable ... so we did a circle march .... most pics will probably be the same, but there will be more from each day ...x**** fax, in europe, they still know how to protest, we have gotten weak ....

PassiveTheory
08-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Awesome pics. I love protests, I attended one in Prague this year. I was just at the right place at the right time. It was the anti radar protest. I also saw a bunch of Palestinian protesters in London. They were a bit scary and they showed up at a UK and Israel unity celebration. That one was more tense.

Being anti-Zionist as I am, I'm glad to hear that the Palestinian protesters were unafraid to voice their views. Actually, the idea of a UK/Israeli unity celebration is hilarious given that nearly 70 years ago, the Israelis were killing British heads of state.

Still, being in a protest can be scary, especially if it isn't one of those day-long kinds of protest, but the kind that goes on for days or weeks. My sister was in Paris during the riots last summer... That was no fun.

LooseAtTheZoo
08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Being anti-Zionist as I am.

Curious: Why are you anti-Zionist?

PassiveTheory
08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Because the utter horrific travesty of one people does not, in of itself, entitle them to the entirety of another person's land.

What people don't realizes is that there's a huge difference between being anti-Semetic (like the United States) and anti-Zionist (like... most of the rest of the world). Granted, the rise of anti-Zionism is really in line with the rest of the world's concern over Israel's increased "security" measures over the last 5-10 years or so (including the Berlin Wall-like Wall being constructed in Jerusalem).

drowningmatt
08-25-2008, 06:32 AM
If anyone is interested:

Open to the public

Indie-rock faves the Silversun Pickups, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the Cold War Kids and Nada Surf will be performing at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27, at the Manifest Hope Gallery, 2990 Larimer St, at an event hosted by moveon.org and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. The program has been dubbed "Unconventional '08."

The bands will perform on an outdoor stage. Tickets are free and a limited amount will be available by visiting Manifest Hope Gallery in Denver.

Additionally, Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley), Zooey Deschanel (She and Him), Matthew Caws (Nada Surf) and Jonathan Rice will be performing together in a private VIP "rounds" performance as part of the Manifest Hope Gallery party. The Manifest Hope Gallery will showcase both known and new contemporary artists, including painters, sculptors and street artists, as well as newly commissioned works and previous works on loan from some of the United States top artists.

faxman75
08-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Because the utter horrific travesty of one people does not, in of itself, entitle them to the entirety of another person's land.

Ok but as we both know this land was given to the Jews decades and decades ago. So, what do you propose the Isralies do? Why be against them because of what their government may or may not do? I'm alright with you being anti zionist but what solution do you propse at this point. Also, being anti zionist are you also anti palestinian? How do you justify their actions over the past 10-20 years? Both sides got blood on their hands and maybe following WW2 the Jews should have been relocated to Canada? My point is I guess we can all make the over obvous statement that placing the Jews in palestine was a bad a idea but the solution isn't anti zionism.

What people don't realizes is that there's a huge difference between being anti-Semetic (like the United States) and anti-Zionist (like... most of the rest of the world). Granted, the rise of anti-Zionism is really in line with the rest of the world's concern over Israel's increased "security" measures over the last 5-10 years or so (including the Berlin Wall-like Wall being constructed in Jerusalem).

There really isn't a reason to be anti zionist if you can be pro-solution. As always the people are the victim of certain regime policies. Both sides have blood on their hands.

canexplain
08-25-2008, 08:08 AM
well i am running behind but guess i will head on down to the show ... talk to you all later ....x****

marooko
08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
recreate 68. wow.

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok but as we both know this land was given to the Jews decades and decades ago. So, what do you propose the Isralies do? Why be against them because of what their government may or may not do? I'm alright with you being anti zionist but what solution do you propse at this point. Also, being anti zionist are you also anti palestinian? How do you justify their actions over the past 10-20 years? Both sides got blood on their hands and maybe following WW2 the Jews should have been relocated to Canada? My point is I guess we can all make the over obvous statement that placing the Jews in palestine was a bad a idea but the solution isn't anti zionism.

The "duh"-ness of this statement is mind-numbing, but it's really the only thing I can say rationally: The Israelis and the Palestinians need to come together to design a national border that works for both countries. The Israelis also need to destroy the wall and remove themselves from the west bank settlements, Hamas must dismantle it's militarized portions if it wishes to become a legitimized entity in world politics (which would be kinda necessary in this case) and, personally, I feel that the city of Jerusalem ought to be designated a demilitarized zone that belongs to neither country (sort of like Vatican City or, if both were US states, Washington D.C.).

I'm not anti-Palestinian because that isn't the parallel manifesto to Zionism. There is no such religious call back to a certain part of the world because the Palestinian people never left (which is the tenant of Zionism: a return back to the sacred, guaranteed, absolute homeland of Zion). Being anti-Palestinian would be equivalent to being anti-Israeli and, although I am in disagreement with many of Israel's tactics, I am not anti-Israeli because in order for there to be a feasible solution to the crisis, Israel has to be front and center in being involved (also, Palestine isn't innocent at all, granted, they're fighting with desperate guerilla tactics [funded by extremist organizations and regimes in nearby Arab nations], whereas Israel is launching US-funded missiles into neighboring regions).

My entire problem with Zionism is that I don't think that, following World War II that there should have been a relocation of the Jewish people to a specific region of the world. It shows just how anti-semetic the Wilson regime was in taking over from the British the white supremacist christian doctrine of "let's put the Jews on their own little square in the middle of the desert just as long as they're as far away from us as can possibly be". Lord knows when Randy chances upon this conversation, he'll probably go apeshit over that, but I don't fucking care. It needs to be said.

The Zionist movement was built upon the pre-existing tension and hatred of the Jewish people in Europe that already existed way before Hitler came to prominence in the 30s. And, yeah, rationally it makes sense for a persecuted people to want to find their own little niche in the world, safe from the christian powers that be that demonized them over the ages (and the Middle East did make sense, not only because the religious value of Jerusalem, because, traditionally, there were no anti-semetic sentiments among Arab tribes or nations because... well... Arabs are semites too. They borrowed all their hate speech from the Europeans) and even in America this still exists (i.e. Mormon communities, Indian reservations to an extent). If the nations of the world had any real sense of responsibility, they would have accepted the Jewish people as their own, but because of anti-semitism and the desire to purify the western nation of all undesirables (lest they be dumb enough or poor enough not to challenge convention; i.e. black slaves, latino migrant workers, etc.) they pushed them into a cramped little space next to a bunch of Arabs.

The other tenant of Zionism that has been turned to support a vice grip-like hold the Israeli government has on the territory is that, if the Israelis were to lose Israel, if they were to concede, that there would be no safe place for Jews to exist in the rest of the world. Yes, this is true also of the Palestinians (who, basically, have been used by the neighboring Arab countries to fight a proxy war on Israel), but for them it's not a tenant of a specific movement. There is no push for an Arab-only Palestine because they left and the land is some sort of holy grail from which they must return to claim, because they never left. There's a push for an Arab-only Palestine because: a. they were there "first" (by whatever definition of "first" you/they want to use), b. it's not like they didn't put their own mark on the place or also hold it in high religious esteem or anything...

So, for me, I associate Zionism with "an Israel for Jews, and Jews alone!" because, when you break it down, that's what it is. And, as I said earlier, the only solution is compromise, so Zionism doesn't bode well with me at all.

There really isn't a reason to be anti zionist if you can be pro-solution. As always the people are the victim of certain regime policies. Both sides have blood on their hands.

I disagree with the first sentence. If you don't approach the situation by at least contemplating what zionism entails, I feel as though the argument of "where else will they go?" will be brought into place, and that's wholly reflective of how anti-semetic our country is (why not the States? are they not accepted here?). You have to realize that there are forces at work that are designed to keep the semetic people down (both Jewish and Arab), to keep them battling each other, and to keep them dependent on the global industrial military complex.

But the rest of that is absolutely true. The people are the victim of antagonism on both sides of the fence.

faxman75
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Word, you could have said that minus the condesention and some of it was simply semantics but overall I see where you are coming from and it is very well thought out and I appreciate the clarifications on what you mean by being anti-zionism. Creating a state for one people and one people only is bound be trouble and should naturally be rejected in my opinion. My thoughts are more on where are we now and where do we go from here and I'm not being sarcastic when I say your essay here was beuatiful and addressed a solid infastructure for a possible start to make life better for both. I appreciate the insite and I don't disagree with any of it really.

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm 19, of course I'm going to be fucking condescending. =P

And thanks.

Tylerdurden31
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
i've heard it from the mouths of both jews and arabs living in israel. The majority of the people, not the militants you hear about in the news, even israeli soldiers, just want this shit to end. Like faxman said, it's about a solution. No one seems to have one though.

faxman75
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm 19, of course I'm going to be fucking condescending. =P

And thanks.

Heh, you're welcome you little douchebag.

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I will say this though: Hamas as a political power scares the shit out of me. It's the equivalent of the religious right here in the US having full power.

canexplain
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
today, downtown, they said there were 3k cops around town, and there was just a report of a sort of assignation of obama in the news ... the shoe pics are actual shoes of our guys and girls and iraq's people that died in the war :( .... i almost couldnt take a decent pic without cops but they were nice to me personally ... x**** there will be two sets of pics today ....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010926.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010924.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010923.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010920.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010916.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010915.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010914.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010913.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010909.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010907.jpg

canexplain
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010906.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010922.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010921.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010911.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010903.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010899.jpg

x****

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
cool pics. i like the Nader bell.

canexplain
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010895.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010893.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010892.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010890.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010889.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010885.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010884-1.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/P1010882.jpg

more pics tomorrow but like i said, they will probably be like these .... x****

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
damn. those shoes are quite sad.

canexplain
08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
damn. those shoes are quite sad.

yea i thought, i should post a couple more ... you know there would be no way they could get 4k from us, or some say 1 million iraq .... god that really makes it hit home :( .... x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes6.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes5.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes4.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes3.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes2.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shoes1.jpg

rip brave men and women, and people and families who had no choice ...

faxman75
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Yep, nice photos thank you for sharing.

faxman75
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
So this tribute to Ted Kennedy. It's kinda like a tribute to a guy who killed someone and got away with it, right? I mean I appreciate all the work he has done for the middle class and all but was that all done as work furlough? politics are not pretty folks.

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Who'd he kill, fax?

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
oh, where would we be without the wiki?
here, passive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

brando4n82
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
OBAMA will ruin this country

faxman75
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Mary Jo Kopechne

faxman75
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
OBAMA will ruin this country

I thought it was already ruined? Is he gonna make it worse? How?

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Okay, for a second there I thought that I had missed some news report but, again, it turns out I just wasn't alive to hear about it!

canexplain
08-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Okay, for a second there I thought that I had missed some news report but, again, it turns out I just wasn't alive to hear about it!

that cracked me up dude :), yea some Kent State newspaper reporter (4 dead in ohio, but then you were not alive then ...) ask me a bunch of questions today about how '68 was different from '08, sounds like an easy answer, but it really wasn't ..x****

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
What kind of answer did you give him?

faxman75
08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I woulda said "I dunno dude, I wasn't born yet woooo hoooo babbabooey babbabooey babbabooey"

faxman75
08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Michelle Obama is fucking hot!

thestripe
08-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Who'd he kill, fax?

Mary Jo Kopechne

The Kennedy's are good swimmers. Mary Jo Kopechne, not so good.

PassiveTheory
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Michelle Obama is fucking hot!

http://kjvpresents.com/darkthoughts/images/jungle_fever.jpg

zenidogx
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Michelle sounded good today. better than usual.

according to MSNBC, the Obama family = Cosby family
so Hillary is Maude
and McCain is Archie Bunker?

faxman75
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL

marooko
08-25-2008, 07:41 PM
y

rip brave men and women, and people and families who had no choice ...

ron, its a volunteer military.

i dont think she's hot, but id bang her.

canexplain
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
ron, its a volunteer military.

i dont think she's hot, but id bang her.

i was referring to the 95 percent of the iraq people who had no choice .. x****

marooko
08-25-2008, 08:25 PM
then i agree. sorry for jumping to conclusions.

gaypalmsprings
08-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Honestly, Michelle is not very patriotic.

gaypalmsprings
08-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Honestly, Biden is not honest.

bug on your lip
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
my boss speaks at the convention today

holla

Young blood
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
not my photos.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/l_8abfd54305fea3def6d279a901aec77b.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/2790950732_f8c0c01554.jpg

marooko
08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
im on board with that bird porn sign. they should just leave them things alone, its just wrong.

rage patton
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
So does Rage play tonight? Or tomorrow? Who is going?

Young blood
08-26-2008, 01:34 PM
tomorrow. Im trying to get tixs.

thestripe
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
If you do, make sure and take pictures. Oh, and come back in one piece.

rage patton
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I was considering flying down for it... until I found out the tickets were being done loto style. Also, flights were $450.

Young blood
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
hahaha Denver protesters are wimps. If they really wanted to stir shit up they would have played a impromptu concert at one of the parks. Not a contolled environment like the denver coliseum. I will get pics though....if I get in.

vinylmartyr
08-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I just gotta say I could give a shit how many homes John McCain has. I wish they would quit talking about it.

vinylmartyr
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
They being MSNBC.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I just gotta say I could give a shit how many homes John McCain has. I wish they would quit talking about it.
I think it's funny.

menikmati
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM

I agree. The whole thing is stupid.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
FUNNY