PDA

View Full Version : Bonnaroo pisses on Kanye West.....

faxman75
06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Pretty amusing stuff. The fuckface apparently went on at 4:15AM lol....
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61281870

captncrzy
06-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Haha. I just read that. He's a complete whiny prima donna daft-punk-stage- set-ripping-off bitch.

My favorite is the quote from the Village Voice-next time he holds up his finger proclaiming he's number one, someone should tell him what he can do with that finger.

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
KANYE SUCKS!

I cannot believe that Lolla invited him back.

faxman75
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
One less conflict for lolla but then again I didn't plan on seeing him anyway. His coachella set was uninteresting as well back in 2006.

faxman75
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Seemed like he had a novel idea and with no noise curfew it coulda been a hell of a show. Instead it went south.....and fast.

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
He bitched to Bonnaroo and got his time slot switched and then Pearl Jam played an hour over. eheheheheheheh

caco0283
06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
i thought his show was great....it was worth the wait....what ive heard from some people that worked at bonnaroo was that he originally wanted to go on that late but he wasnt allowed and when pearl jam went an hour over time he saw his chance to do what he orginally wanted to do.

Before the Kanye show everyone was saying how awesome it would be to have the sunrise during his performance and when it actually happens they all get pissed

His setup was great...it was all based on him crashing his ship on some planet and he talks to his computer the whole time during songs and each song some how had something to do with the him being stuck on that planet....it was amazing how he ordered his songs to make a complete story

a bit more on people bitching.....none of them were bitching when he was performing....everyone around was dancing there ass off and singing to the songs....i find that really funny

woogie846
06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, I like Kanye's music a lot, but he's a total asshole.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah Kanye is a total asshole but I thought the 245a start time was pretty cool at 1st....then this shit happens...what a douche....

boarderwoozel3
06-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Kanye the man is more like a child. This just strengthens the point. Wait another couple months and it'll be something else... fuck him and his ego.

thinnerair
06-16-2008, 03:43 PM
"It's not the stage hands' fault; that stage was set up for well over an hour before Kanye decided to grace us with his presence," wrote another attendee on VillageVoice.com.

How would he know that?
A lot that goes into a performance of his scale (15 bigrig trucks' worth of equipment) has to do with stuff that goes on behind the scenes. The onstage props themselves are only a part of the overall stage set up. Granted, Kanye is a douche but it is a possibility that it wasnt just him being a douche that delayed his set from going on.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Kanye the man is more like a child. This just strengthens the point. Wait another couple months and it'll be something else... fuck him and his ego.

I swear, if the fucker can just let his ego go...he would be epic....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
How would he know that?
A lot that goes into a performance of his scale (15 bigrig trucks' worth of equipment) has to do with stuff that goes on behind the scenes. The onstage props themselves are only a part of the overall stage set up. Granted, Kanye is a douche but it is a possibility that it wasnt just him being a douche that delayed his set from going on.

I have seen photo's of his stage set up...and I can't imagine that taking longer to set up then Daft Punk's pyramid or Roger Waters's stage setup....so it seems like a piss poor excuse...that and at least the fucker could have said sorry...or at least released a statement...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually I just realized that Kanye is now Bonnaroo's Madonna....

suprefan
06-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Actually I just realized that Kanye is now Bonnaroo's Madonna....

Yeah but the Kanye freaks arent all on the Roo board saying hs is the s**t and he made the festival better.

boarderwoozel3
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I swear, if the fucker can just let his ego go...he would be epic....

Sad but true.

shakermaker113
06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
I think the only bad thing really is making people wait for two hours starting at 2.15 am. that's absurd, some people must have been so tired by the time he came on... if it was just advertised at 4.15 in the first place people would have much less room to complain. people like to complain.

sbessiso
06-16-2008, 06:17 PM
the absolute worst performance I have EVER seen. i hope he realizes how fucking ridiculous he looked up there

leo01g
06-16-2008, 06:22 PM
i read about this a while ago and made me a little good about missing his concert here in la. Im sure that one was amazing though

JustSteve
06-16-2008, 06:39 PM
How would he know that?

reports from the bonnaroo stage crew were that the stage was ready for around an hour before he came onstage.

sbessiso
06-16-2008, 06:41 PM
what the fuck??? the stage show was miserable, please, tell me what took so long to set up? all it was was one big screen, a smaller screen and a CHEEEEEEESY ass rock setup

it was fucking miserable, so painfully scripted, everybody was laughing at him

suprefan
06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
guess your drug high ran out when you saw this?

sbessiso
06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
thats besides the point

bballarl
06-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Kanye's an easy target for people.

slurpee
06-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I could see this happening.

bakersfield
06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
He is such an idiot!

bmack86
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Hipster backlash is cute

Young blood
06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Hippies apparently don't go to many hip hop shows. If the headliner is less than 2 hrs. late they probably aint platinum.

Sushov23
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
seriously, I saw bone thugs with my brother not too long ago, and they where scheduled to go on at 10pm, and they didn't hit the stage until 12:30 or so. They played for an hour and half, but damn waiting for over 2 hours sucked.

Mr. Dylanja
06-18-2008, 05:03 PM
I've waited that long for WuTang before, so worth it.

BTW I'm seeing Bobby Digi 2nite!! Dodododododododo

menikmati
06-18-2008, 05:08 PM
http://huntr.shellshed.org/FKb.JPG

amyzzz
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
nice grafitti

frozen pilgrim
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
that's some serious win right there.

someone has to devise a 4:40 AM glow in the dark failpic

shakermaker113
06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
that's awesome.

PassiveTheory
06-18-2008, 09:51 PM
that's some serious win right there.

someone has to devise a 4:40 AM glow in the dark failpic

Someone beat you to it...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1144/kanfaillo7.jpg

shakermaker113
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Someone beat you to it...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1144/kanfaillo7.jpg

how is that 4.40 am?

gratytrainridesagain
06-18-2008, 11:38 PM
That is really bright for 440 am. Why even bother? The sunset thing sounded ok but not when it's that damn bright.

betao
06-18-2008, 11:48 PM
wow.

there is no way in hell that is 4:40 AM.

No way.

PassiveTheory
06-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Nah, that's at the end of his set when the sun came out. It was the only fail pic I found on the inforoo board.

gratytrainridesagain
06-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Didn't his set last 90 min that's still kinda bright for 610

rage patton
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Jesus... he played till 6:10am? Then bands started again 6 hours later? How are people able to function at Bonnaroo?

gratytrainridesagain
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Lots and lots of drugs. When I was there some hippies wouldn't sleep the entire weekend and this lasts one more day than Coachella.

rage patton
06-19-2008, 12:10 AM
So if you don't do drugs... Bonnaroo probably isn't that place for you then? Fuck it. I still wanna go to Bonnaroo one day. Maybe next year.

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
FUCKING FAIL KANYE you douche!.

gratytrainridesagain
06-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm not saying that but there is a bunch of it there, and that's how most people do it. Hopefully Bonnaroo just gets a little more creative next year it seems like they have been slipping since they peaked in 06.

rage patton
06-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I really liked this years line up. Except for Sunday, the only act I cared about on Sunday was BSS. Also if I did go to Bonnaroo, I would probably be a pussy and only stay up for one late night show. But still... it sounds like a blast.

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I will go to BONNAROO next year, the nightshows seem EPIC.

Mr. Dylanja
06-19-2008, 01:03 AM
So if you don't do drugs... Bonnaroo probably isn't that place for you then? Fuck it. I still wanna go to Bonnaroo one day. Maybe next year.

Great attitude! You'll fuckin love it! Its all about the music and you'll love it! Sleep doesn't matter when so much sound is involved.

Night shows aretruly the best shows ever, always classic, even from the crowd alone.

(no coachella disrespect but its a great vibe)

paulb
06-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I need to hit up Bonnaroo... I wonder if Bboys would ever do it...

sbessiso
06-19-2008, 04:13 AM
I need to hit up Bonnaroo... I wonder if Bboys would ever do it...

you should! you should! just a warning though, its reeeeaaallllyyyy dirty over there, and almost certainly have to do lots and lots of drugs

frozen pilgrim
06-19-2008, 04:26 AM
I really liked this years line up. Except for Sunday, the only act I cared about on Sunday was BSS. Also if I did go to Bonnaroo, I would probably be a pussy and only stay up for one late night show. But still... it sounds like a blast.

I'm in the same boat as you, man. I dunno if I could do the 3-4 hours of sleep tops thing, I might actually have to skip some stuff.
but yeah, the more I think about it, the late shows seem like such an amazing setting. there are some bands I'd love love love to see in that spot.

so then josh, are we setting up the official bonnaroo 2009 get some sleep camping club?

Barbara, the ninja
06-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Not nearly as pretty but still funny:

http://photos-091.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v286/20/108/1061070091/n1061070091_30020795_9539.jpg

sbessiso
06-19-2008, 04:55 AM
god I love bonnaroo ^^^^^

HunterGather
06-19-2008, 06:05 AM
While I think what he did at Bonnaroo sux ass, I still say he puts on a great show!

I think Kanye prolly wanted to time it right so the sun was rising to coincide with the sun rising visuals (on the giant LED screen) during Touch The Sky.

Which kinda would have been sweet (but not if you're scheduled to go on at a certain time!!).

Anyhoo, with all that said, I still think I'm going to see Kanye instead of NIN at Lollapalooza!
I really wanna see his set again.

However, thankfully there are some NIN shows before Lolla, so based on that, I will make a decision...

NOTE: I RLY hate that Kanye plays at the same time NIN does...Why o why couldn't it be Rage?!

menikmati
06-19-2008, 07:24 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/grace6697/kanyeroo.jpg

menikmati
06-19-2008, 07:26 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/theonet/IMG_7983.jpg

Young blood
06-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Yall should be honored by his lateness.

jigsaw
06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
the absolute worst performance I have EVER seen. i hope he realizes how fucking ridiculous he looked up there

So you missed a Ghostland latenight show for Kanye's bitchass? Man I bet Ghostland was a fuckin party. That frontman is about 10,000 times better than Kanye.

sbessiso
06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
So you missed a Ghostland latenight show for Kanye's bitchass? Man I bet Ghostland was a fuckin party. That frontman is about 10,000 times better than Kanye.

hey, i'm not proud of it, i admit that i made a mistake, theres nothing more I can do man

jigsaw
06-19-2008, 10:24 AM
He disappointed me too when he headlined Street Scene. I was really excited to see him. He just bitched the whole time. He even was telling people to stop clapping. We walked out half way through his performance.

Those Kanye sucks photos are classic!

HunterGather
06-21-2008, 02:55 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8c85a2c3cd
lolz

humanoid
06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
weird...Kanye West sucks? I could never tell....

rideincircles
06-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Flashing Lights at Dawn at bonnaroo
XvgWduec-HA
Ill be pretty nuetral on his set, but i missed Ghostland and Chali 2na w Galactic for his ass. THat and left Sigur Ros

MissingPerson
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Every time I see this thread title I like to pretend, for just a few seconds, that Bonnaroo is a person.

HunterGather
06-21-2008, 07:43 PM
While what he did was shitty, can we still agree the set was bad ass? I mean, I remember the GLOW thread full of praise until this happened!

suprefan
06-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Still bad ass, hippies are not easy to please. Im bummed I dont get to see this at Lolla.

HunterGather
06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Supre, so you're not going to Lolla?

bummer

shakermaker113
06-25-2008, 08:38 AM
kanye responded:

I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, *** whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR
LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV?????? WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES. IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!

Cdubby
06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
hmmm im guessing he wont be performing at bonnaroo again, LOL

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-25-2008, 08:48 AM
again his stage set up isn't all that..what was the big deal?

bleep
06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
i'm tempted to quote kanye's entire rant in my sig. the use of caps really drives home the point, huh?

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
kanye responded:
THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR
LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Ungrateful bitch.

So now he knows what its like to be in the presence of greatness…PEARL JAM

Srsly, Kanye do you not know what Bonnaroo is? And do you not know who PEARL JAM is?

Pearl Jam >>>>>>>>> Kanye West x 10,000,000

Bannaroo >>>>> Kanye West

I am sure Portishead had to compromise for PRINCE. But it's fuckin PRINCE.

I cannot believe he is so arrogant to think that he did nothing wrong. Most artists are honored to play such a festival. I bet he has only green M&M’s in his dressing room.

Xenocide
06-25-2008, 09:10 AM
what kind of idiot tries a full production on a festival stage whose name isn't roger waters...

and kanye was the idiot who agreed to a 3am time slot in the first place...

45 minutes to set up pyro??? that's the stupidest thing i've read in awhile... they can't do that during the hour and a half they're setting up the rest of his shit? they gotta set up one thing at a time...

SFChrissy
06-25-2008, 09:12 AM
somebody link this thread to his blog site or whateverthephuck...

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 09:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVOCA1EoD_k&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVOCA1EoD_k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
wasn't his time slot originally around 8pm anyways? Wasn't the sun down at that time anyways?

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Yup. But the sun might go down around 10 down south. Anyways, I think he shouldn't worry about all that other shit and just focus on being a raw mc.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I cannot believe he is so arrogant to think that he did nothing wrong. Most artists are honored to play such a festival. I bet he has only green M&M’s in his dressing room.

Just because he's honored doesn't mean he can't be mad at how poorly things went wrong.

what kind of idiot tries a full production on a festival stage whose name isn't roger waters...

and kanye was the idiot who agreed to a 3am time slot in the first place...

45 minutes to set up pyro??? that's the stupidest thing i've read in awhile... they can't do that during the hour and a half they're setting up the rest of his shit? they gotta set up one thing at a time...

Probably the kind of idiot who signed a deal to perform the Glow in the Dark show, thus ensuring he gets to do his full show as he wants it to be performed. He agreed to that time slot because it would have worked for his show, but, due to the late load in and the intricacy of setting up a stage show like that (you try setting up a traditional 3 piece band and getting them to run on time, let alone something with synchronized lights and video projection. That shit takes TIME. Lots more than people realize) it didn't go over well. If I were him, and a modicum of what he says is true, I'd be pissed as well.

rage patton
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
The use of caps is hilarious. However... I must say, if Bonnaroo didn't start setting up Kanyes set until Pearl Jam were done, that is kind of weak. At Sasquatch, the roadies started setting up for The Flaming Lips U.F.O. show after that Hives, which was just after 3. A full 6 hours before the Flaming Lips were set to hit the stage. And after each band from then until the Flips started, their roadies were workin on the set. They should have done this during Bonnaroo.
I can't believe I am standing up for Kanye West. I can't stand the guy... but that sucks.

Young blood
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Bonnaroo fucked up by allowing his stage set-up in the first place.

bmack86
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Exactly. If they chose to do that, they should have hired extra stage hands ready to fully get everything set, and they should have had a larger stage with curtain so that they could have had quite a bit of the stage prepped as soon as Pearl Jam started. It takes lots of time to patch through equipment and sync up visuals and sounds if you're changing from one band to the other, especially if the act setting up is populated by perfectionists.

betao
06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Bonnaroo fucked up by allowing Pearl Jam to play a full freaking hour past their given set time. When you have another performance, especially one that has an elaborate stage setup, you dont play a full freaking hour over. Seriously, the stage crew didnt say anything to them??

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Bannaroo should dictate who plays and when not Kanye West. Things got fucked up once Kanye expressed that he didn't wan't to play at 8pm.

Listen, Kanye has been bitching about technicalities for the last 2 years. It happened at Street Scene and the next day at Lollapalooza in 2006. I was at the Street Scene and this video shows him bitching to the lighting guy at Lolla.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_M_egIkur5Q&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_M_egIkur5Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm over it.

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Bonnaroo fucked up by allowing Pearl Jam to play a full freaking hour past their given set time. When you have another performance, especially one that has an elaborate stage setup, you dont play a full freaking hour over. Seriously, the stage crew didnt say anything to them??

It was PEARL JAMS HOUSE that night. Kanye got pearl jammed on like a bitch.

betao
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
my view(s) of this rant:

I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, *** whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN!

you're realizing this now, and you've been doing this for how long?

I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE.

if stuff like this hurts you, then you have got a rough road ahead of you if you "want to be the best". thats what happens when you're a superstar. learn to deal with it and relax.

IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS!

I'm sorry, but this is just too much. I am at a loss of words with this one.

I'm just going to say that I dont think I can ever take this guy seriously now.

I have sympathy for Kanye (for his debacle), as it doesnt seem like it was his fault. I blame the Bonnaroo stage crew and technicians.

But even when it isnt his fault, Kanye has still managed to impress me with his immaturity. Bravo.

JustSteve
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
ooo, kanye uses a macbook air! does he get paid for dropping that plug?

Kid_E
06-25-2008, 11:09 AM
ooo, kanye uses a macbook air! does he get paid for dropping that plug?

haha yeah.

Where was this kanye response posted?

HunterGather
06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
his blog.
http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/

full on idle
06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Just because he's honored doesn't mean he can't be mad at how poorly things went wrong.

Probably the kind of idiot who signed a deal to perform the Glow in the Dark show, thus ensuring he gets to do his full show as he wants it to be performed. He agreed to that time slot because it would have worked for his show, but, due to the late load in and the intricacy of setting up a stage show like that (you try setting up a traditional 3 piece band and getting them to run on time, let alone something with synchronized lights and video projection. That shit takes TIME. Lots more than people realize) it didn't go over well. If I were him, and a modicum of what he says is true, I'd be pissed as well.

I love the little tiny glimmer that comes (rarely) with the voice of reason on this board.

woogie846
06-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice Truman Show reference, Kanye.

Backwater
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Did anyone see when he lost the MTV Video Award?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-631TgPP2s

Fucking hilarious. "Why don't you give a black man a chance?" Um, you're about 60 years late there buddy. Why do the good rappers like Tupac and Biggie have to get shot when this fuckface gets to live?

Hawkings
06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
kanye responded:"this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so super deluxe fucking hard, like only a typing master who has honed his typing skills can type, I might break my fucking 64 G ultra thin backlit Mac book Air, avaible now at Apple Stores or online !!!!!!!! Never question how hard I type or the sweat, tears, blood and divine gifts that allow my to pound away like this. I might spill my Starbucks tall Double shot, half caf, double cup, xtra foam, 150 degree, 1 splenda, 1 pump vanilla, soy Latte, i'm so mad !!! Can anyone say they have a drink as good as mine, even half as good as mine ?! Try to imagine a coffee drink in your head, right now, it's not as good as the one I just imagined in my head !!! Like Chris Connely said, God I hate July, and by July he meant Bonnarroooooo. The hippies at Bonnaroo weren't ready to handle my level of light show and sharks with lazer beams"

i made a modification or 2

wmgaretjax
06-25-2008, 02:57 PM

seriously... what a douchebag.

shakermaker113
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM

touche.

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 03:08 PM
So is that what Starbucks does now? I saw a commercial for a tv show where this guy goes insaine over the tempeture of his coffee. I think the show is called Flipping Out or something like that.

betao
06-25-2008, 03:12 PM
I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, *** whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR
LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV?????? WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES. IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/emorock09/rage.jpg

Hawkings
06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
So is that what Starbucks does now? I saw a commercial for a tv show where this guy goes insaine over the tempeture of his coffee. I think the show is called Flipping Out or something like that.

i saw Flipping Out too, that guy is great and yeah people get really pissy about the temperature of their coffee. I worked at Starbucks while in school and customers would do really neurotic things, like flip out if there was a tiny bit of foam in their latte if they didn't want it.

seriously... what a douchebag.

did you mean Kanye or me ?

wmgaretjax
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
did you mean Kanye or me ?

Jesus, Kanye. ha ha.

bartelby
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
kanye = lame

good bands overcome fuckups and don't bitch about it to the crowd

Hawkings
06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
oh, hehe, sorry, so used to getting flamed i get a bit jumpy :P

dang forgot to put my fake Kanye in all CAPS

sbessiso
06-25-2008, 03:45 PM
i currently work at starbucks, and yes, people are absolute douchebags about their fucking coffee

bakersfield
06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Kanye West rails against Bonnaroo criticism

06/25/2008 4:00 PM, AP
Jake Coyle

NEW YORK (AP) — Kanye West defended himself from criticism over his delayed performance at Bonnaroo, saying on his blog that the flak he's taken has left him "the most offended I've ever been."

West's performance at the Tennessee festival was scheduled for 2:45 a.m. in the early morning of June 15. West didn't take the stage until 4:25 a.m., angering much of the crowd who had stayed up late to see the rapper perform.

The delay was caused by problems setting up West's elaborate stage set, which included an interplanetary landscape of a wavy black platform and a video screen above. Pearl Jam, who had performed on the main stage earlier that evening, also went an hour over its scheduled time. While waiting for West's concert to begin, many in the crowd pelted the stage with glow sticks and beer.

At the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, which traditionally has favored jam bands, West's delayed show became a kind of rallying point, leading to "Kanye sucks" chants and criticism from pedal steel guitarist Robert Randolph, who played later the same day.
Writing Tuesday on his blog at http://www.kanyeuniversity.com in almost all caps, West said he was offended that anyone would think he doesn't care about his fans and blamed the delay on festival organizers.

"This Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life," West wrote. "This is the most offended I've ever been ... this is the maddest I ever will be."

West was critical of the festival for not releasing a statement in his defense. The morning after the show, The Associated Press asked festival spokesman Ken Weinstein about the delay. Weinstein said it was simply a matter of unloading the Pearl Jam stage after its set (which went until about 1:15 a.m.) and loading the West stage.

Following his performance, West's publicist didn't reply to a request from The AP for West's take on the criticism.

In his blog posting, West said he and the festival organizers (Bonnaroo is put on by Superfly Productions and AC Entertainment) went back and forth for a month on how his stage could fit at the festival. He said it was clear he was "dealing with ... idiots who didn't really have the capacity to really put on this show properly."

Weinstein on Wednesday relayed a statement on behalf of the festival that did not specifically address West's complaints but read: "Our world-class event production team strives to accommodate the needs of every performer."

West also blamed thrown bottles for malfunctions with his "Jane screen." (In the concept concert, Jane is the HAL-like disembodied female robotic voice of his spaceship.) But the stage crew appeared to be having difficulty with the screen well before anything was thrown from the crowd.

West's set was originally scheduled for 8:15 p.m. the night of June 14, but the rapper requested it be moved later in the evening so it was sufficiently dark for his "glow-in-the-dark" performance. But because of the late start, midway through his performance the morning light began to show — revealing a substantially thinned-out audience.

"It broke my heart that I couldn't give these fans `Stronger' in its greatest form," said West, referring to his hit song. "I'm sorry to everyone that I didn't have the ability 2 give the performance I wanted to. I'm sorry."

West concluded by saying his elaborate stage cuts his payday in half and leaves him icing his knees.

"Call me what you want," he said, "but never say I didn't give my all!"

___

On the Net:

Psicosis
06-26-2008, 02:43 PM
i currently work at starbucks, and yes, people are absolute douchebags about their fucking coffee

Do people really order coffees asking for it at a certain degree temperature? I always laugh when I read people who are upset that their mocha-java latte isn't at 180 but then wonder if it's true..

sbessiso
06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Do people really order coffees asking for it at a certain degree temperature? I always laugh when I read people who are upset that their mocha-java latte isn't at 180 but then wonder if it's true..

oh dude you have no idea!!

a double tall nonfat 125 degree caramel macchiato with sugar free vanilla 2 splendas and extra caramel sauce

douchebags

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
just give me a cafe mocha....

Blinken
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM

a double tall nonfat 125 degree caramel macchiato with sugar free vanilla 2 splendas and extra caramel sauce

douchebags

I kinda wish i lived in Miami so i could go to your starbucks with fucked up orders. :)

sbessiso
06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
you saw really chill salah coachella weekend, prepare to meet "i'll scratch your eyes out you motherfucker" salah

amyzzz
06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Now that I think about it, I would like my coffee at a certain temperature. I'm way too timid to ask for shit like that though.

shakermaker113
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
...with sugar free vanilla 2 splendas and extra caramel sauce

hmm.

Psicosis
06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
hmm.

That person didn't like their coffee sweet.

menikmati
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM

douchebags

Fuck them.

Sushov23
06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
when a cup of fucking coffee cost 5 bucks people should be able to make all the demands they want.

shakermaker113
06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
when a cup of fucking coffee cost 5 bucks people should be able to make all the demands they want.

ooh. good counter.

rideincircles
06-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I just got around to uploading the whole final song w T-Bone Burnett where he gets the crowd to scream Kanye Sucks!. Its 16 minutes long in 2 parts, but I split it so each part has his Kanye speech and cheer. One of the best moments of the weekend.
Robert Randolph declares Kanye Sucks! part1
QqaUUrUn18Y
Robert Randolph declares Kanye Sucks! part2
uuDXLJPRlX0
This washed away all the leftover Kanye Negativity.
Oh yeah heres a clip where the crowd was chanting Kanye sucks after his set was over.
DtI5r6Uxe88
My opinion of the KAnye set is that it would have been cool as hell if he was on time instead of going to Atlanta, but he screwed up by showing up late. I stuck around to watch it and was up until sunrise missing Chali 2na w Galactic, Ghostland, Talib, and a couple of sigur Ros's songs. Big letdown.

sbessiso
06-28-2008, 11:32 AM
at the very least, i'm glad theres an explanation, it doesnt make it alright, not by a longshot

Backwater
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Robert Randolph is the fucking man. I've seen him over 15 times and everytime it has been at a festival. I never go just for him but he always seems to be on the lineup and I've never minded it one bit.

Xenocide
07-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Just to clear things up and set the record straight...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8c85a2c3cd

the story of what REALLY happened!

HunterGather
07-01-2008, 05:24 AM
I already posted that video lolololz :D
But thanks for the bump :)

Xenocide
07-01-2008, 05:32 AM
no prob... i was actually wanting to post the one with hardcore mike getting there a month early or the portapotty one but only could find this thread about kanye and didn't feel like using the search feature...

psychic friend
07-01-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.hoodfever.com/wp-content/images/kanye-bonnaroo.jpg

betao
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
^^^ hahahahahaha awesome.

betao
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
so apparently as a response to his angry blogpost, Kanye was told by friends to go through some anger management classes. These rumors made their way to the media and were spread fast apparently.

However folks, have no fear, for Kanye has again "set the record straight" on these rumors.

Taken from his blog:

Do yall remember when people said my fiance was pregnant???? What happened to that rumor????? I guess after we broke up it was just forgot about???? I’m just using that as an example of how people make up stuff and everybody runs with it. I had my own family asking me about that. Now the media is saying I’m going to anger management something or ‘nother. I have never had any conversations about anger management. If anything, I need anger enhancement!! lol! I get off the plane in Hawaii today and the world is saying my management team said blah blah blah… SIIIIIIGGGHHHH! I told the media you can’t make up lies about me because I have a media outlet myself. Oh and sidebar I don’t know if everyone has realized this yet but I don’t do interviews if there’s anything I wanna say I’ll say right here on my own blog.

Check this out…I took a quote from my rant and used it as my headline.. just like a real media outlet would… hahaha

this is good.

amyzzz
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
He really likes his punctuation marks.

rage patton
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Is that seriously from a Kanye blog? That has to be joke.

thinnerair
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I hate it when celebrities LOL like they're real people.

betao
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah Josh it is straight from here:

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=198411_-1__0_~0_-1_7_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

rage patton
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Wow... that is fucking incredible. I do realize it is the internetz and all, and nobody expects exactly gramatically correct, proof read typing... but seriously? He should know thousands, millions perhaps, of people will be reading that. The least he could do is compose it somewhat coherently and use punctuation correctly at least some of the time.

Like this for example.

I guess after we broke up it was just forgot about????

Are the "????" really neccessary there? In the sentance previous, ok I guess so. But in this sentance? No, definately not.

BlueDevil50
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
it's a fucking blog. blog. blog.

not an essay...who gives a shit of the guy doesn't want to write in MLA content. out of everything to bitch about, this is just silly. stop it.

betao
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I know Josh, its funny. Had I not known it Kanye typing, I would of thought it was some 14 year old kid.

betao
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM

not an essay...who gives a shit of the guy doesn't want to write in MLA content. out of everything to bitch about, this is just silly. stop it.

its just the overall tone you pick up when reading it. he really does come off quite childish. just my 2 cents.

matsuolost
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM

seriously

zenidogx
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
in the end, amy winehouse is right.
Kanye West is a cunt.

SFChrissy
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
whatamudafukahhh!!!

jigawig
07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Great attitude! You'll fuckin love it! Its all about the music and you'll love it! Sleep doesn't matter when so much sound is involved.

Night shows aretruly the best shows ever, always classic, even from the crowd alone.

(no coachella disrespect but its a great vibe)

this is so true...i went to coachella in 07, and loved it...however, the night shows are one of the things that make roo the best festival in the land...ghostland observatory, sigur ros, chali 2na of jurassic with galactic for a band, phil lesh and friends, and that was just saturday night/sunday morning...for me, the vibe was so much better at the from the get go (people helping others set up tents and i even saw several people help others with free food)...no disrespect to coachella, because i loved my experience, but with something going on 24 hours from open to close, the choice is clear for me...plus tickets are cheaper, and camping is included, not an extra charge

jigawig
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Still bad ass, hippies are not easy to please. Im bummed I dont get to see this at Lolla.

on the contrary, i think that hipsters and CA kids spending mommy and daddies money are harder to please...just my opinion

Backwater
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
its just the overall tone you pick up when reading it. he really does come off quite childish. just my 2 cents.

Yeah, kind of like the overall tone you pick up when you listen to his lyrics too. Amy Winehouse has more talent in her left pinkie than Kanye does in his whole body, and Amy Winehouse is a talentless bitch. Hey, at least she respects her fans enough to fucking come out on stage and perform even if she's wasted. Waiting a long time for Kanye to come out is one thing, making people miss epic late night shows from MMJ and Sigur Ros is a whole different degree of evilness.

Mr. Dylanja
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Bonnaroo: "damn, I need to take a leak"

Kanye: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Memorial_07
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
this title reminds me of r. kelly