PDA

View Full Version : Josh Homme Goes Off!

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow he got really pissed, but any fan that throws shit at a performer should get the shit beat out of them. So the story this "asshole threw something at him, then Josh said not to (not in so many words) then the prick throws another bottle at him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tCV3ItTr0

71tCV3ItTr0

Young blood
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I have yet to understand why people throw shit on stage. Or in the crowd.

Tylerdurden31
06-16-2008, 09:06 AM

or when people get thrown into the crowd

IN7WPYKR2ls

Young blood
06-16-2008, 09:11 AM
MP_CChNEBvw

HEADSTRUCK
06-16-2008, 09:11 AM
i seen isaac brock from modest mouse jump off stage and pound some guy 6 months or so ago.

HEADSTRUCK
06-16-2008, 09:14 AM
MP_CChNEBvw

now that was funny

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Tara Reid thrown around on stage

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2by21I873o&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2by21I873o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 10:32 AM
now that was funny

actually that wasn't funny at all, and i don't even really like Robbie.

HEADSTRUCK
06-16-2008, 10:33 AM
actually that wasn't funny at all, and i don't even really like Robbie.

sorry but i laughed...it was funny

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Me either

I do know however there is a big difference between say... panties and a bottle of Bud Light.

woogie846
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
dsFK4eZoF2w

rage patton
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Awesome.

SFChrissy
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Glad he took the time to put the brat in check!!!

shakermaker113
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought the robbie video was hiliarious.

I saw the bravery at a festival once. they complimented the crowd's bottle throwing ability. this spawned the most intense barrage of bottle throwing I have ever witnessed.

I think it's a pathetic attempt at getting the band's attention. rather than just reacting to the band, they want the band to react to them. it's sad really.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
7YHLPjEQL0A

Pussy.

Roadkillhighway951
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
josh homme jacks off, on the crowd almost believed it

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I saw Hole about 14 years ago (94) and Courtney Love kept taunting the audience by saying shit like "you guys suck" and "you're not punk" all while playing about 4 songs and flashing her crotch at us. During the last song some kid threw a bottle at her and she just walked off the stage. Concert over. I remember her band looking at each other like WTF.

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
7YHLPjEQL0A

Pussy.

This is too funny. I couldn't image it going down any other way.

Cdubby
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
josh homme jacks off, on the crowd almost believed it

what?

and that is funny, that bitch deserved to get called out

tessalasset
06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
How have we never had this thread before?? This is AWESOME. More videos please.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
IaCXxqRNNcc

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I didn't realize Josh was such a homophobe, but at the same time he said he wanted to have butt sex. Sounds conflicted to me.

Young blood
06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
SWvvF95ju9k

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Josh was being pretty funny in his string of insults.

And we wonder why festivals here in the US have beer gardens.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
WOW. It seems like there were a lot of people were there JUST to boo and bottle G-Unit.

aeroplanee
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi2PjcXO7Zc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi2PjcXO7Zc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
WOW. It seems like there were a lot of people were there JUST to boo and bottle G-Unit.

Yeah it would been much funnier and more impactful if there was no one at that stage during a huge festival like Glasto.

Young blood
06-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I think Axl is the most notorious for walking off the stage when shit hits him.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I like how Cedric doesn't encourage slam dancing and instead encourages the crowd to dance. This video shows that much more clearly though.

XsanUlquqME

He is completely right, people who are there just to push each other and are just trying to flex their muscles and show how manly they are. For example, when I saw Nada Surf this weekend, and people started chanting "PENNYWISE!" during their set, because they were up next, and then trying to hardcore mosh and slam dance during Nada Surf. Fucking retarded.

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I think Axl is the most notorious for walking off the stage when shit hits him.

The lifetime achievement award (not that I blame him for bolting when bottles come flying in) goes to Liam Gallagher. I personally have seen a total of 3 shows were bottles and a cd (of all things) were tossed - nothing hit him, although one show in Indianapolis in 1995, the bottle hit the bass drum and shattered. He then simply walked off then the band followed - show over.

jigsaw
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I like how Cedric doesn't encourage slam dancing and instead encourages the crowd to dance. This video shows that much more clearly though.

XsanUlquqME

He is completely right, people who are there just to push each other and are just trying to flex their muscles and show how manly they are. For example, when I saw Nada Surf this weekend, and people started chanting "PENNYWISE!" during their set, because they were up next, and then trying to hardcore mosh and slam dance during Nada Surf. Fucking retarded.

what a fuckin buzz kill

thinnerair
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Who's Axl?

bigc1
06-16-2008, 02:30 PM
ohzLOKhuj88

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Nickelback & a rock

P7F3O6WYfHQ&amp;feature=related

Young blood
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Who's Axl?

William Bruce Rose, Jr.

JustSteve
06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
IaCXxqRNNcc

the green day one was much better, especially when the bassist got torpedoed and got some teeth busted out.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM
what a fuckin buzz kill

What is? Cedric telling people not beat the living fuck out of each other and instead have fun and dance? Or the Pennywise douchebags who were trying to ruin Nada Surfs set?

Sushov23
06-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Moshing is cool when it's a part of the experience, and you are just running around, and dancing and whatnot. When you start trying to beat people up that is fucking stupid. I agree Josh.

whynotsmile99
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I love this thread. That G Unit at Reding Fest is the greatest thing ever.

European festival promoters always get these big "American" acts thinking they will do well in the Europe festival markets and they just get torn up.

It's funny to think of sister festivals to Coachella and Bonaroo bringing G unit, My Chemical Romance and other crap to its stages. They obviously don't belong there, just as they obviously don't belong at the Coach or Roo.

Add this with the crazy amount of drinking/drugs at these festivals.

it really does look like people showed up at G unit just to throw shit. Thats seriously some memorable shit right there. Would have love to have been there.

Nickelback for the win though. Gotta love the entire crowd just being totally silent. Who was going on after them?!

gmoneyak
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I wish there was a better version of this:

T-wE5LtDKPU

luckyface
06-16-2008, 11:24 PM

T-wE5LtDKPU

That may be the best concert footage on YouTube right there. Holy hell!

ThomThom
06-16-2008, 11:35 PM

T-wE5LtDKPU

WOW.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Ahahahaha! That fucking Tool video is awesome.

gmoneyak
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Jay Reatard sucks:

3zOA8i9UnEQ

The look on this girl's face is priceless:

pi4zpd8NMrk

jigsaw
06-17-2008, 12:34 AM
What is? Cedric telling people not beat the living fuck out of each other and instead have fun and dance? Or the Pennywise douchebags who were trying to ruin Nada Surfs set?

the video...hopefully it was befor they went on and not in the middle of the set

I don't know nada about surf

rage patton
06-17-2008, 12:50 AM
the video...hopefully it was befor they went on and not in the middle of the set

I don't know nada about surf

It was most likely in the middle of their set. They probably saw some idiots slam dancing and beating each other up, while it was disturbing the people who were trying to dance, have fun and actually watch the set. I don't see that as beeing a downer at all.
Mosh pits have a time and a place. For example, if there were no pits at a Slayer show, then it just wouldn't be a Slayer show. However, some bands are just no meant to be moshed too.
Slam dancing on the other hand... NEVER has a time or a place.

jigsaw
06-17-2008, 01:01 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKf5kCtq8RQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKf5kCtq8RQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sushov23
06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
It was most likely in the middle of their set. They probably saw some idiots slam dancing and beating each other up, while it was disturbing the people who were trying to dance, have fun and actually watch the set. I don't see that as beeing a downer at all.
Mosh pits have a time and a place. For example, if there were no pits at a Slayer show, then it just wouldn't be a Slayer show. However, some bands are just no meant to be moshed too.
Slam dancing on the other hand... NEVER has a time or a place.

according to wikipedia it was 10 minutes into the set. So let me get this straight, Mars Volta are not ok with slamdancing, and with moshing? or just slamdancing, because I see the 2 different.

rage patton
06-17-2008, 01:22 AM
according to wikipedia it was 10 minutes into the set. So let me get this straight, Mars Volta are not ok with slamdancing, and with moshing? or just slamdancing, because I see the 2 different.

They aren't ok with people who go to shows just to punch and push each other with no regard for the people around with them. They want people to move to that music, and dance, but they don't want people to get hurt. This means, moshing, slam dancing etc.
By the way, the clip I posted was At The Drive-In. Not TMV.

jigsaw
06-17-2008, 01:26 AM
NO FUN

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLCQU8iKalA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLCQU8iKalA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sushov23
06-17-2008, 01:34 AM
They aren't ok with people who go to shows just to punch and push each other with no regard for the people around with them. They want people to move to that music, and dance, but they don't want people to get hurt. This means, moshing, slam dancing etc.
By the way, the clip I posted was At The Drive-In. Not TMV.

on wiki it said The Mars Volta I think, and it described the video you put up. The person probably posted that wrong.

rage patton
06-17-2008, 01:34 AM
No fun? Is punching and shoving people while disturbing others your idea of fun? When the time/band is right, I am all for moshing. But when testosterone filled bro's who want to prove who masculine they are show up to shows JUST to fight and push people around, that is not cool. Actually, that is not cool even when it is "moshing" music, but it is even worse when it isn't moshing music.
I am all for dancing and moving around at shows. In fact, I HATE it when no is moving, except for small pockets of people and everyone around them look at them like they are some sort of plauge. All I am saying is, moshing is not OK 100% of the time. People who go to bands like MGMT to mosh, is like someone going to Metallica to dance.

Sushov23
06-17-2008, 01:37 AM
wait are you talking to me?

rage patton
06-17-2008, 01:37 AM
No, to jigsaw... I just didn't quote him.

Sushov23
06-17-2008, 01:41 AM
I feel how you feel about moshing man. I have always been one of those who moshes when the music is right. For example, Gogol Bordello, I mosh, but I'm not trying to hurt anyone else. Everytime I see someone go down, i'm the first to help pick the person up, and make sure everything is ok. I just think there is a safe way, and a way to not bug people, when it comes to moshing. It's just that the little kids think it's cool, and the drunk ass douchebags who get annoying.

rage patton
06-17-2008, 01:50 AM
This is where the term "mosh" becomes confusing. As Cedric said, it is a bastardized term. I don't consider jumping up and down moshing. What consider "moshing" is when a circle open up and people run back and fourth pushing whoever gets in their way. That is a mosh pit. A circle pit is the same idea, but everyone is running around in a circle, instead of randomly.
Remember I was with a bunch of the time during Gogol man. I don't consider what we were doing, or what anyone else around us was doing to be "moshing." There was a mosh pit behind us, I don't know, maybe you joined it at some point, but I never did. I did however joing a group of people who formed a circle of dancing. That was fun.
But yes you are right... majority of the people who ruin it are little kids, and drunk douchebags. You are right on the money there.

Sushov23
06-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I remember the circle, I joined in on that. I did mosh a little bit with the people behind us. I just wasn't feeling it, I was enjoying dancing, and jumping around like crazy a lot more. Sometimes I would get pulled into it, because of the people, but yeah.

MusikDr.
06-17-2008, 02:39 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNi1zeCbQgQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNi1zeCbQgQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3:25 Onwards.

boarderwoozel3
06-17-2008, 02:47 AM
SWvvF95ju9k

AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

THATS what I call making it rain! England just got 100 times cooler in my book.

jigsaw
06-17-2008, 09:40 AM
No fun? Is punching and shoving people while disturbing others your idea of fun? When the time/band is right, I am all for moshing. But when testosterone filled bro's who want to prove who masculine they are show up to shows JUST to fight and push people around, that is not cool. Actually, that is not cool even when it is "moshing" music, but it is even worse when it isn't moshing music.
I am all for dancing and moving around at shows. In fact, I HATE it when no is moving, except for small pockets of people and everyone around them look at them like they are some sort of plauge. All I am saying is, moshing is not OK 100% of the time. People who go to bands like MGMT to mosh, is like someone going to Metallica to dance.

I always thought the rule was you shove me and I'll shove you back...if you deserved it then there should be no worries. I have been to tons of shows and people always seem to look out for each other. Someone falls and the others pick him or her up. Yeah, there is the occasional asshole in the crowd. I just think it is a total buzz kill when the performer has to call people out. I mean really, what if I am not even by those assholes, do I still need the scolding?

I guess we have different experiences but I love the informality of a punk rock concert. Also, the way that I have seen Cedric dance is ridiculous. If he busts out those moves next to me, in the crowd, I would fuckin kick him and throw him into the pit. Srsly.

Yeah. Here is a video of them acting all crazy and kickin' shit. Can they really expect to get anything differnt from their audience?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZagV69HujUY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZagV69HujUY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr.Nipples
06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
someone really needs to upload that clip of alice cooper getting hit in the face with a pound cake onto youtube...

i812many
06-25-2008, 05:53 AM
i seen isaac brock from modest mouse jump off stage and pound some guy 6 months or so ago.

It happened again last night. He didnt jump off the stage but stopped singing midsong to say that if he saw who threw that he would kick their ass. It was the high point of the show though bc other than that couple minutes after he looked very bored up there.

frozen pilgrim
06-25-2008, 06:17 AM
he (josh homme) published this from a blackberry or something on the 20th.

"Member of the Peanut Gallery:

Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury. Homophobic? I'm in Queens of the Stone Age for crissake... You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog... (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: - forgive me-. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us... Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,
Mr. Missundastood
A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing"

MissingPerson
06-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Really not fucking impressed with Josh Homme, who I hitherto liked a lot. Don't give a shit about him going nuts at a heckler, but to use that word, that way, and then completely fail to see the problem with it... Ugh. Thought a lot better of him than that.

I am aware of the futility of decrying that word on this board though.

jigsaw
06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
SHPONGLE 09!