PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Cup 2008

Hopeless Semantic
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Chances are there aren't many who like golf on this board, but did anyone catch the wild final round of the U.S. Cup? It was one of the few times I actually watched the boring sport and even I came away impressed with what Tiger Woods is doing. The guy is playing on one good leg and managed to force an 18-hole playoff tomorrow @ lovely Torrey Pines in San Diego, CA. I wonder what Rocco Mediate is thinking though--he seems like a good guy though, so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top tomorrow.

menikmati
06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
The playoff system in golf is lame...one weekend it's 3-holes, another weekend it's one hole, now it's all 18 holes??? They need to settle on a universal rule (of course the TV contracts probably control this, but fuck them).

Hopeless Semantic
06-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Actually, The U.S. Cup has always been an 18-hole playoff major. Or, that's what one of the announcers said when they were talking to Woods. I did wonder why it was a whole round instead of the usual 3 round affair. It should've been a sudden death round. I think, though, the sudden death would've favored Tiger even more than the one day playoff.

fiyahhh!
06-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Chances are there aren't many who like golf on this board, but did anyone catch the wild final round of the U.S. Cup? It was one of the few times I actually watched the boring sport and even I came away impressed with what Tiger Woods is doing. The guy is playing on one good leg and managed to force an 18-hole playoff tomorrow @ lovely Torrey Pines in San Diego, CA. I wonder what Rocco Mediate is thinking though--he seems like a good guy though, so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top tomorrow.

That shit was clutch.

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2008, 05:22 AM
http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/archive/00208/duva210_208216w.gif

bug on your lip
06-16-2008, 06:57 AM
...one weekend it's 3-holes, another weekend it's one hole, now it's all 18 holes???

i heart 3-hole weekends

TomAz
06-16-2008, 07:01 AM

My dad is visiting, so I had the misfortune to watch a lot of this with him this weekend. At least now with the playoff he'll have something to do today.

bug on your lip
06-16-2008, 07:04 AM
quit trying to ruin this thread dolt

Young blood
06-16-2008, 07:04 AM
White people get really excited when balls roll towards cups. What happened to the golf clap?

TomAz
06-16-2008, 07:12 AM
http://www.siegelanddolt.com/web/media/sd/nophoto_183.jpg

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 07:22 AM
White people get really excited when balls roll towards cups. What happened to the golf clap?

It's now replaced by the Tiger Roar or something corny like that. I've watched two whole days of golf in my life. The first one was the British Open in which Tiger won the tournament after losing his father and yesterday's dramatic finish to force a playoff. With the local miniature golf range being a haven for teenage fornication rituals, I often imagine the sport to be invisible.

TomAz
06-16-2008, 07:24 AM
kids are getting freaky at the putt putt? really?

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it's like a party @ R.Kelly's house up in therr...

The fornication I can deal with--it's the thug livin' that I'd rather not.

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Woods -1

Mediate E

after 1 hole lol.

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 08:52 AM
A two shot swing on the 3rd...

Mediate -1

Woods E

TomAz
06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
wait. I thought it was match play today not stroke play. That's what I heard on the radio this morning, at least. Were they wrong?

Wheres the beef?
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I always thought it was the U.S. Open not the US Cup. I don't know maybe I was watching something else.

Sexecutioner
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm watching online right now while at work. Go Rocco!

I always thought it was the U.S. Open not the US Cup. I don't know maybe I was watching something else.

LOL! I was wondering when somebody was going to comment on that. wtf is the us cup?

Mr.Nipples
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
fun!
http://www.thecoindropshere.com/Images/arcade/goldenteeclassic/golden%20tee%20classic%20aweb.jpg

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm watching online right now while at work. Go Rocco!

LOL! I was wondering when somebody was going to comment on that. wtf is the us cup?

Lol. My bad...The U.S. Cup is the sailing thing, isn't it?

Shows how much I watch golf.

stuporfly
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
fun!
http://www.thecoindropshere.com/Images/arcade/goldenteeclassic/golden%20tee%20classic%20aweb.jpg

Usually when someone posts an object with a plastic or glass surface on the internet, there's some old dude's shriveled cock in the reflection.

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Anyhow, Tiger wins in sudden death posting a 4 to Rocco's 5...

Closer than most expected and a valiant effort from Mediate although he should've won it.

14 for Tiger...4 more to tie Nicklaus' record.

Sexecutioner
06-16-2008, 12:41 PM
man, ive never been into watching golf, but that was some crazy shit the last 2 days. i put it up on the projector in our conference room and had practically our whole company watching...good shit!

JustSteve
06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Lol. My bad...The U.S. Cup is the sailing thing, isn't it?

that would be america's cup.

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Tiger won again.

Hopeless Semantic
06-16-2008, 12:57 PM
that would be america's cup.

Damn it! I'm wrong twice in one thread and I created this thread! Well, I can use my knee as reason but that didn't stop Tiger from winning the U.S. Open championship. Funny how they only had one other U.S. Open in the state of California and now the 2nd one is legendary--look for Torrey Pines to be home of another U.S. Open. I've been to the course and enjoyed the clubhouse but didn't get to play due to the fact I didn't have any clubs.

TomAz
06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
so today I heard that Tiger didn't play golf for like 8 weeks cuz of his knee, then went out last wednesday and played one round -- using a cart instead of walking the course -- and against doctor's advice played the tournament. And won it. Injured and without having practiced. Jeezus.