View Full Version : The Official 2009 Sahara Tent Prediction Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Robototron
12-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Sahara Tent 2009

Headliner(s)
friday: radioslave
saturday: sven vath
sunday: soulwax (nite versions)/the chemical brothers?

back up:

Magda, Audion(Matthew Dear), Ricardo Villalobos, Gaiser, Troy Pierce, Danny Tenaglia(yes, again!), Dr. Lektroluv, claude vonstroke, Richie Hawtin, Digitalism(dj set or live), 2manydjs, daft punk(dj set), hot chip(live), the chemical brothers, marco carola, cobblestone jazz(dj set), CROOKERS, armand van helden, pan-pot(live), pig & dan(dj set), benga vs scream(dub step battle), bob sinclair, tiga, tiefschwarz, phil kieran(dj set), sebastian(only ed banger!), switch(dj set), LOCO DICE,

Headliner 2009

Outkast, the killers, led zepplin

This is a pretty nice lineup actually. The inclusion of Pig & Dan is interesting, since I almost put them in my own dream lineup, but ran out of space. For Ed Banger I'd pick Feadz or Mehdi over SebastiAn, though, since he can't DJ for shit and Feadz has never even played. Finally getting some Minimal in the Sahara (other than Hawtin in 07) would be fun. I don't know if I'd pick Radioslave as a headliner over so many other big names on there, either, though.

The only DJ I don't really know in your list is Kieran, although I remember his track "Missp" from earlier this year. I'll definitely check him out.

nationocean
12-24-2008, 09:25 AM
http://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/1/132/images/00290208.jpg

betao
12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
diplo was terrible last year.

gorazd
12-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Sven is busy that weekend:

Apr 17 2009 11:00P
Tripod @ Dublin Dublin, Dublin
Apr 18 2009 11:00P
Matter @ London London, London and South East

Sonicifyouwantit
12-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Sahara Tent 2009

Headliner(s)
friday: radioslave
saturday: sven vath
sunday: soulwax (nite versions)/the chemical brothers?

back up:

Magda, Audion(Matthew Dear), Ricardo Villalobos, Gaiser, Troy Pierce, Danny Tenaglia(yes, again!), Dr. Lektroluv, claude vonstroke, Richie Hawtin, Digitalism(dj set or live), 2manydjs, daft punk(dj set), hot chip(live), the chemical brothers, marco carola, cobblestone jazz(dj set), CROOKERS, armand van helden, pan-pot(live), pig & dan(dj set), benga vs scream(dub step battle), bob sinclair, tiga, tiefschwarz, phil kieran(dj set), sebastian(only ed banger!), switch(dj set), LOCO DICE,

Headliner 2009

Outkast, the killers, led zepplin

I don't know, dp dj set...not sayin' it wouldnt be good but I've come to enjoy a huge show when it comes to them...maybe dj falcon instead and hot chip have played two years in a row...give me bloody beetroots in there.

Sonicifyouwantit
12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
First: Give the Sahara a hug.
Once face paint, and Sahara spirit is locked, I will get to my knees and recite:

"Sahara, our sacred jeweled temple,
providing shade from the blistering desert sun,
a source of neon light at night,
underneath the glowing stars,
you bring my electronic soul alive,
a permanent smile all weekend,
a place to let bodily expression emanate.
I love and thank you for this space."

Followed by three bows.
Somethin' like that disco.

wow, that's like the best way of describing the sahara tent in a truly brilliant homage......that's totally what it brings out in everyone.........it's like a sahara temple of dancey happiness..........right on feather, thank you for sharing......

I still say she just grinds it

All Your Base
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
First: Give the Sahara a hug.
Once face paint, and Sahara spirit is locked, I will get to my knees and recite:

"Sahara, our sacred jeweled temple,
providing shade from the blistering desert sun,
a source of neon light at night,
underneath the glowing stars,
you bring my electronic soul alive,
a permanent smile all weekend,
a place to let bodily expression emanate.
I love and thank you for this space."

Followed by three bows.
Somethin' like that disco.

That's pretty awesome Feather.

LooseAtTheZoo
12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
I want to be there when this ritual happens just to take pictures and commemorate the blessing.

discobotica
12-24-2008, 03:02 PM

ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS THESE TWO ON THE LINE-UP.........PLEEEEEASE..........

Sonicifyouwantit
12-24-2008, 04:59 PM

I hate it when a balding guy grows his hair long...so glad he keeps it short now. less creepy.

feather
12-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I want to be there when this ritual happens just to take pictures and commemorate the blessing.

All are welcome from this thread to join the circle inside the temple. I know Betao and I will be heading there together first thing on Friday so join us!

sbessiso
12-24-2008, 05:19 PM
First thing i'm doing is purchasing a killers tee, then on to the Sahara ritual!!

feather
12-24-2008, 05:23 PM
First thing i'm doing is purchasing a killers tee, then on to the Sahara ritual!!

:eek: the t-shirt stays outside of the tent.

sbessiso
12-24-2008, 05:44 PM
That's not very PLUR!! :dumbo

Fauxhemian
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
IT's chemical brothers, underworld and soulwax for headers, possibly Hot Chip; with perfomances by hercules and love affair, lindstrom + prins thomas, sally shapiro, glass candy, Matmos, Chromatics doing the stoner disco thing, stablishing the new Chic; electro freakouts by Crystal Castles, of Course, Evil Nine and Kode9, Dan Deacon, The Presets, Proxy, Jay Reatard, Delorean, Neon Neon; Nordic TechPop acts and Such like the Knife, Robyn, The Field, Lykke Li; Hype this year as well, like Little Boots, Bouraka Som Sistema, Empire of the Sun, Metronomy, for sure. Bands with new or relativelly new material or touring right now, like Ratatat, Cut Copy, Sebastien Tellier, Cansei de Ser Sexy, Yelle, M.I.A., The Klaxons, Brazilian Girls; Sets by Lies in Disguise, Yusek, 2 many dj's, MSTRKRFT hopefully... And yeah, tons of glosticks, confetti, contraband substances, handclaps, magic, rainbows and music maa-aan!!! (No Ed Banger this Year...Sorry Pedro Winter, suck to be overesposed-you!)

This is my first post for this Forum, btw. 'Sup Everybody?!!!

betao
12-24-2008, 07:55 PM
All are welcome from this thread to join the circle inside the temple. I know Betao and I will be heading there together first thing on Friday so join us!

indeed we are! all are welcome to join!

and salah, you can bring the tee in the tent... but remember, underworld > the killers

;)

idrive1life
12-24-2008, 07:57 PM
:eek: the t-shirt stays outside of the tent.

haha

I support this campaign. ;)

feather
12-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I still say she just grinds it

ALWAYS.

newalias
12-24-2008, 08:41 PM
My list for Sahara acts:

Chemical Brothers
Gabriel and Dresden
The Prodigy
Basement Jaxx
Royksopp
PNAU
Ladyhawke
Simian Mobile Disco
Soulwax
Boys Noize
Crystal Castles
Calvin Harris
Junkie XL
Scenario Rock
Lady GaGa
Cut Copy

discobotica
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM
My list for Sahara acts:

Chemical Brothers
Gabriel and Dresden
The Prodigy
Basement Jaxx
Royksopp
PNAU
Ladyhawke
Simian Mobile Disco
Soulwax
Boys Noize
Crystal Castles
Calvin Harris
Junkie XL
Scenario Rock
Lady GaGa
Cut Copy

I'm putting a huge slash through SMD, for they are playing in chicago, toronto, and montreal on the coachella dates, but you can see them in LA and san diego on march 16th and 17th......come on people, let's do our homework before we post possibilities in the sahara *temple*.......this is why I never make a wish list, so I can just correct other peoples' mistakes....it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.......

Robototron
12-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm putting a huge slash through SMD, for they are playing in chicago, toronto, and montreal on the coachella dates, but you can see them in LA and san diego on march 16th and 17th......come on people, let's do our homework before we post possibilities in the sahara *temple*.......this is why I never make a wish list, so I can just correct other peoples' mistakes....it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.......

It's a wish list for a reason, not a practical guide to who might be playing Coachella in 09.

betao
12-24-2008, 11:17 PM
merry christmas.

tCfJqqEAjgA&feature=related

MuqV1Dk2R1U&feature=related

rage patton
12-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Meryy Christmas to you too Matt!

By the way, I watched the mini documentary Basement Jaxx made about their Coachella 04 performance. I now want to see them INCREDIBLY badly.

Basement Jaxx 09!!!

feather
12-25-2008, 01:51 AM
MMMmmm those lights on the 2nd video are better than any of the Christmas houses around here.

bluemamba
12-25-2008, 02:05 AM
feather is up late today.

discobotica
12-25-2008, 02:20 AM
MMMmmm those lights on the 2nd video are better than any of the Christmas houses around here.

oooooo shiny............

discobotica
12-25-2008, 02:26 AM
oooooo shiny............

<===== loooooooooooooooook shiny

feather
12-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I need a disco ball in my room.

HEADSTRUCK
12-25-2008, 08:35 AM
with them having Plump Djs this year they have already outdone last year

All Your Base
12-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Dear Santa,

Please put Cut Copy and The Presets back to back with no conflicts.

I've been a fairly good boy this year.

Thanks!

Xenocide
12-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Ace of Base for Coachella '09!!!!!

Sonicifyouwantit
12-25-2008, 10:08 AM
My list for Sahara acts:

Chemical Brothers
Gabriel and Dresden
The Prodigy
Basement Jaxx
Royksopp
PNAU
Ladyhawke
Simian Mobile Disco
Soulwax
Boys Noize
Crystal Castles
Calvin Harris
Junkie XL
Scenario Rock
Lady GaGa
Cut Copy

I'd be up for any of those but gabriel & dresden...they can die a horrible death.

archimme
12-25-2008, 12:31 PM
THUNDERHEIST!!!!!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/1124192

archimme
12-25-2008, 12:46 PM
BTW, if The Avalanches ever decide to get off their lazy asses and play at Coachella, should they be a headliner?

boarderwoozel3
12-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Dear Santa,

Please put Cut Copy and The Presets back to back with no conflicts.

I've been a fairly good boy this year.

Thanks!

Haha! I hear that. All things considered I haven't been too bad. Certainly never malicious anyway.

That said, all I want for Christmas is any combination of The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, The Prodigy, Orbital or Etienne de Crecy to blast the Sahara tent and everyone in it--myself included--into another dimension of chest-rattling, bass induced dance. Thank you in advance :D

Sonicifyouwantit
12-25-2008, 01:07 PM
THUNDERHEIST!!!!!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/1124192

I could even see them placed in the gobi really.

archimme
12-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I could even see them placed in the gobi really.

I agree, they might take Yelle's "new kickass dance act in the Gobi that I wasn't totally expecting to kick ass so much" award next year.

orbit
12-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Sahara Tent 2009

sven vath

Magda, Audion(Matthew Dear), Ricardo Villalobos, Gaiser, Troy Pierce, Danny Tenaglia(yes, again!), Dr. Lektroluv, claude vonstroke, Richie Hawtin, Digitalism(dj set or live), 2manydjs, hot chip(live), the chemical brothers, marco carola, cobblestone jazz(dj set), CROOKERS, armand van helden, pan-pot(live), pig & dan(dj set), benga vs scream(dub step battle), bob sinclair, tiga, tiefschwarz, phil kieran(dj set), sebastian(only ed banger!), switch(dj set), LOCO DICE,

those are some interesting picks but i think it's too much minimal, or perhaps it lacks more other genres so it won't be all about minimal. 2 acts per day would be enough, imo. nice to see techno love with carola, but i think a techno act like jeff mills would bring more people to the tent. also, you might want to put t. raumschmiere somewhere in that lineup.

Sonicifyouwantit
12-25-2008, 03:48 PM
I agree, they might take Yelle's "new kickass dance act in the Gobi that I wasn't totally expecting to kick ass so much" award next year.

Ive seen some good things in gobi, dan le sac and jamie lidell are good examples for me...also bloc party did a great set in there. much better than their outdoor theater set the following year.

Fauxhemian
12-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Yelle is awesome live! Saw her last summer in Mexico City. So Loud in all the ways that a rock show can be loud!

Xenocide
12-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Ive seen some good things in gobi, dan le sac and jamie lidell are good examples for me...also bloc party did a great set in there. much better than their outdoor theater set the following year.

dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Bonde do Role
Battles

...better Gobi dance acts...

Sonicifyouwantit
12-25-2008, 09:48 PM
dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Bonde do Role
Battles

...better Gobi dance acts...

not into battles really. dan le sac was good as expected though

Robototron
12-25-2008, 09:52 PM
not into battles really. dan le sac was good as expected though

Wait, you expected Dan Le Sac to be good?

boarderwoozel3
12-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Battles was much better than I anticipated and I thought highly of them going into the set. Viva la Gobi!

discobotica
12-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Battles was much better than I anticipated and I thought highly of them going into the set. Viva la Gobi!

ummm......maybe ya'll should start an "official '09 gobi tent prediction thread" cuz this one is supposed to be about the sahara......just a thought.......

boarderwoozel3
12-25-2008, 10:53 PM
... I'm thinking one post thats slightly off topic in the midst of a thread dedicated to predicting the dance tent acts, and by predict I mean beg for act x, y, or z is a much lesser evil than starting a thread sure to sputter out after 60 posts...

I appreciate the intent but trying to keep people on topic around here is akin to herding cats.

Underworld. There.

Sonicifyouwantit
12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Wait, you expected Dan Le Sac to be good?

as good as expected is what I meant.

coughcoughing
12-26-2008, 12:08 PM
the twelves better be there....

archimme
12-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Anybody recommended Le Le for Sahara tent yet? If not, I'd like to claim that honor! :)

discobotica
12-26-2008, 11:56 PM
... I'm thinking one post thats slightly off topic in the midst of a thread dedicated to predicting the dance tent acts, and by predict I mean beg for act x, y, or z is a much lesser evil than starting a thread sure to sputter out after 60 posts...

I appreciate the intent but trying to keep people on topic around here is akin to herding cats.

Underworld. There.

well played.....great points all around.....

SoulDischarge
12-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Juan Atkins pleasepleasepleaseplease.

Daft Fro
12-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Juan Atkins pleasepleasepleaseplease.

Cybotron!

="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I280cxs2jvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I280cxs2jvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

throw in some Egyptian Lover, Bambataa, and Newcleus, gg~

feather
12-27-2008, 12:26 AM
I am drunk...how about we request that in the sahara...

SoulDischarge
12-27-2008, 12:36 AM
I thought that was already confirmed.

boarderwoozel3
12-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Dunk in the Sahara is fun and all but there are better states of mind to be in, far better ;)

cubrocker
12-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Dunk in the Sahara is fun and all but there are better states of mind to be in, far better ;)

ill cheers to that

Robototron
12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Anybody recommended Le Le for Sahara tent yet? If not, I'd like to claim that honor! :)

I think I did, but if I didn't, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. Fucking love Le Le.

P_1xBSaai0k

EDIT: Thought I'd left out the rest of the code, already, thanks!

feather
12-27-2008, 10:33 AM
I thought that was already confirmed.

You're right. I have a night slot, right after the sun goes down to prevent heat stroke. Make sure you all come and watch!

redthreat
12-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Jokers of the Scene, please.

and for the love of god, let's get some Valerie in there

College (Teenage color is the shit), Anoraak, Minitel Rose... something..

boarderwoozel3
12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
ill cheers to that

Cheers :D

Robototron
12-29-2008, 09:36 AM

Is Valerie becoming the new Ed Banger or what?

betao
12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Groove Armada live:

This would be too awesome.

mWN_8dTEazc

feather
12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Matt, that was a lovely surprise. Groove Armada would be a much welcomed act in the Sahara.

2:42...and the crowd goes wild!!! :)

Do it GV!

Mordecai
12-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Is Valerie becoming the new Ed Banger or what?

Is that a rhetorical question?

nationocean
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I think I did, but if I didn't, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. Fucking love Le Le.

P_1xBSaai0k

Fixed that youtube for you.. Next time just put the code after watch? - you don't need the whole link.

Also, Bitch, You Breakfast!

(yes, I love Le Le too)

newalias
12-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Groove Armada live:

mWN_8dTEazc

I'm so there. :)

Sonicifyouwantit
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
there are so many great possibilities each year. unfortunately they can't all be booked in the same year...but I guess that keeps hope alive.

discobotica
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
groove armada and le le both would be bad ass in the sahara.....t-minus 11 days until the line-up (supposedly) is released......can't wait!!!!

malcolmjamalawesome
12-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Why do we think 11 days? Because we are habitually wrong?

Weatherman
12-29-2008, 09:38 PM

I want Xinobi to play with a skate ramp going on behind him.

Sonicifyouwantit
12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
groove armada and le le both would be bad ass in the sahara.....t-minus 11 days until the line-up (supposedly) is released......can't wait!!!!

wait, how did we land on january 8th? I figured January 19th maybe 12th on the early side.

Brochella
12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
am i the only one underwhelmed by the sahara acts that have been added so far? there's been just about a day's worth of dance additions and the only ones i'm mildly excited for are drop the lime and gui boratto. i know gv likes to save the best for last but i can't help but feel a little bit pessimistic =/

betao
12-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Well if Plump DJs do end up playing, that is alot to be happy about.

And Flying Lotus (if he plays the sahara) would be pretty fun I think.

drugks Gillespie
12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I would love to have Nick Warren in the Sahara well after sunset. He would fucking rip it up. M.A.N.D.Y. would make me really exited too. Who remembers Hernan Cattaneo 2005?

Brochella
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
nick warren would be fucking awesome. the sahara definitely needs a few progressive house dj's this year. james lavelle maybe?

how would you compare plump dj's to adam freeland? freeland was alright last year but nothing to write home about.

Mordecai
12-30-2008, 03:24 PM

No kidding.

betao
12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I really enjoyed Freeland this year, it was a nice break from all the electro of the weekend. Unfortunately I can't say how Plump Djs would compare (orbit probably could though), but I assume they'd be just as good if not better. I would really like to see them.

Mordecai
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Well I really enjoyed Freeland this year, it was a nice break from all the electro of the weekend. Unfortunately I can't say how Plump Djs would compare (orbit probably could though), but I assume they'd be just as good if not better. I would really like to see them.

Freeland isn't on the same scale IMO. If Plump DJs play, Coachella is in for a treat.

joppy-slow
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Groove Armada live:

mWN_8dTEazc

hellz yeah.. for the past 2 years those groove armada videos have been getting posted....The laser show is epic.. I second GA!

And can you imagine if GA (tim) busted out the sax solo for 'At the River' live? That would melt my face for the weekend..

Chems, GA and Basement Jaxx would all be great headliners for the Sahara..

I would also love to see Bent, Plump DJ's, Stanton Warriors and Chicane..

nationocean
12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
^ hey, it's not 'melt my face' anymore, it's PLUR now.

kreutz2112
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM

I dont think Flying Lotus will be in the Sahara. Mojave. 4 PM.

feather
12-30-2008, 05:21 PM

You tell em' Nation.

Sonicifyouwantit
12-30-2008, 07:25 PM

must have missed that, what's plur?

nationocean
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24255

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24199

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24058

discobotica
12-30-2008, 10:51 PM
must have missed that, what's plur?

better question yet, what's not a PLUReality?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/dialvarez21/PLUR.jpg

Sonicifyouwantit
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
better question yet, what's not a PLUReality?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/dialvarez21/PLUR.jpg

oh F that!

nationocean
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
PLUR

Robototron
12-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Why is everyone on this board suddenly acting like it's 1998 and we're all at EDC or whatever the fuck.

frozen pilgrim
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Why is everyone on this board suddenly acting like it's 1998 and we're all at EDC or whatever the fuck.

aw, it's okay! *hug*

here, I made this for YOU!!

http://i14.tinypic.com/402qmvc.jpg

boarderwoozel3
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Check it out, a ticket to Pukkelpop comes with complimentary lasik surgery.

http://www.pp-community.be/uploads/images/medium/Boiler2.JPG

obzen
01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm predicting:

Basement Jaxx
The Prodigy
Moby (live or DJ)

The trance superstar DJ in 2009 will be either Ferry Corsten or Armin Van Buuren.

I also see Chemical Brothers as a possibility. I don't think Underworld will be there.

and PLEASE keep the Ed Banger to a minimum.

what about you guys?

that sounds okay,it would be interesting to see what Armin Van Buuren would spin from his catalog.

Smokenut
01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
NO FUCKING WAY!

ARMIN VAN BUUREN=ZZZZZ

DUDE NO!

ARMIN VAN BUUREN SHOULD BE BANNED FROM COACHELLA AS WELL AS TIESTO

zzzzz

throw some richie hawtin, sven vath or radio slave

MeowMixer
01-03-2009, 09:48 PM
for the first time, I agree with you. This means nothing though.

EDIT- about banning armin van buuren. not the other stuff.

NoizeSelektor
01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
SOULWAX
le knight club (not happening but hey)
digitalism
a-trak!
crookers

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 12:33 AM
SOULWAX
le knight club (not happening but hey)
digitalism
a-trak!
crookers

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and bring on 2manysdjs, sven vath(he is available sunday 19th april,2009).

CROOKERS WOULD BE SICK!!!!

and bring on LOCO DICE or Marco Carola?!??!

have ACID CIRCUS & DRUMCELL in the early afternoon to open the tent or have them in the DO LAB....they are in droid behaviour (LOS ANGELES) and they bang out sweaty techno shit!!!!!!!!!

bob sinclair, and ricardo villalobos need to play on saturday night

trentmoller and radioslave need to play in that ORDER!

orbit
01-04-2009, 12:42 AM
until 2 weeks ago, trentemoller didn't have plans to play the us for the next 5 months.

villalobos has been playing awful lately. too much ketamine is fucking him up. same as sven vath.

this rumanian kid, raresh, has been playing with villalobos and looks like he's got some skills.

NoizeSelektor
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and bring on 2manysdjs, sven vath(he is available sunday 19th april,2009).

CROOKERS WOULD BE SICK!!!!

and bring on LOCO DICE or Marco Carola?!??!

have ACID CIRCUS & DRUMCELL in the early afternoon to open the tent or have them in the DO LAB....they are in droid behaviour (LOS ANGELES) and they bang out sweaty techno shit!!!!!!!!!

bob sinclair, and ricardo villalobos need to play on saturday night

trentmoller and radioslave need to play in that ORDER!

acid circus would awesome. i wanna see FOUR TET but that probbly wouldnt be in the sahara =\

orbit
01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
how would you compare plump dj's to adam freeland? freeland was alright last year but nothing to write home about.

freeland has been playing a lot of electro/rock in his sets the last couple of years. he wanted to experiment with new sounds, but looks like it didn't go quite well. get his tectonic or coastal breaks albums, and you will notice the difference with his last works.

plump djs have been around for less years but have managed to stay at the top of the nuskoolbreaks scene most of this time. they are more in the acid funky breaks side and even though some people might argue they got too commercial after eargasm (2003), i think they still can produce really good stuff. they are not the best breaks producers by any means, but they would be an interesting act to see in the sahara.

Mordecai
01-04-2009, 03:31 AM
freeland has been playing a lot of electro/rock in his sets the last couple of years. he wanted to experiment with new sounds, but looks like it didn't go quite well. get his tectonic or coastal breaks albums, and you will notice the difference with his last works.

plump djs have been around for less years but have managed to stay at the top of the nuskoolbreaks scene most of this time. they are more in the acid funky breaks side and even though some people might argue they got too commercial after eargasm (2003), i think they still can produce really good stuff. they are not the best breaks producers by any means, but they would be an interesting act to see in the sahara.

Plus, live, they are incredible. And by incredible, I mean awesome.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Any ketamine is too much ketamine

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Headliner 2009

MAIN Stage Headlines, Fri: Outkast, Sat:george clinton mothership or (some big indie band, that is not indie at all??) Sun: led zeppelin/the WHO?

Sahara tent wishlist

Friday April 17

POLE: 230-415PM
steve BUG: 430-545PM
Nortec Collective(live):6-715pm
2MANYDJS: 730-915pm
TRENTMOLLER(live): 930-11PM
RADIOSLAVE(dj set):1115-145AM
ACID CIRCUS vs. Maetrik(live):2AM-4AM

Saturday April 18
Benga vs Scream(dubstep dj battle):230-400pm
Bad Boy Bill: 415-530pm
Pan Pot(live):545-700pm:
Crookers: 715-915pm
Digitalism(live or dj set): 930-1045pm
Magda vs. Audion(live):11PM-1AM
The Chemcial Brothers(DJ SET w/VISUALS!):1AM-4AM

Sunday 19
The bloody beetroots: 245-400pm
The Juan MaClean(dj set):415-515pm
Bob Sinclair(dj set): 530-730pm
Dr. Lektroluv: 745-900pm
SOULWAX(nite versions):915-1030pm
Sven Vath:1045-2am

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 05:39 PM

well?

yeah ur right!

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
until 2 weeks ago, trentemoller didn't have plans to play the us for the next 5 months.

villalobos has been playing awful lately. too much ketamine is fucking him up. same as sven vath.

this rumanian kid, raresh, has been playing with villalobos and looks like he's got some skills.

yeah Raresh is fucking sick!

i heard him in europe somewhere in scandanavia, either den, swe, or fin?

Robototron
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Friday April 17
POLE: 230-415PM
steve BUG: 430-545PM
Nortec Collective(live):6-715pm
2MANYDJS: 730-915pm
TRENTMOLLER(live): 930-11PM
RADIOSLAVE(dj set):1115-145AM
ACID CIRCUS vs. Maetrik(live):2AM-4AM

Saturday April 18
Benga vs Scream(dubstep dj battle):230-400pm
Bad Boy Bill: 415-530pm
Pan Pot(live):545-700pm:
Crookers: 715-915pm
Digitalism(live or dj set): 930-1045pm
Magda vs. Audion(live):11PM-1AM
The Chemcial Brothers(DJ SET w/VISUALS!):1AM-4AM

Sunday 19
The bloody beetroots: 245-400pm
The Juan MaClean(dj set):415-515pm
Bob Sinclair(dj set): 530-730pm
Dr. Lektroluv: 745-900pm
SOULWAX(nite versions):915-1030pm
Sven Vath:1045-2am

Nice!

Also Raresh is ill.

boarderwoozel3
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Quoi?

benhur
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

(SUNDAY!)

im watchin you

paulb
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Sunday................will have The Prodigy?

boarderwoozel3
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I want to believe but know better... urg.

paulb
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
im the trouble starter,fuckin instigator....

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
PLEASE NO PRODIGY===zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how about THE CHEMCIAL BROTHERS?

prodigy=watching paint dry=watching grass grow etc...

Smokenut
01-04-2009, 11:05 PM
im the trouble starter,fuckin instigator....

more like overrated, and terrible.

daftradioheadpunk
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
KAP BAMBINO have been confirmed for the Sahara, as are Lonely London Lad

discobotica
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
M.A.N.D.Y. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!! he was amazing at TAO....I'm curious how much more amazing THEY would be in the sahara!!! GOOOOOOOOOO

Smokenut
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
M.A.N.D.Y. vs Tiefschwarz would be sick!!!!! they go it going at this years ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2009

Robototron
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
M.A.N.D.Y. vs Tiefschwarz would be sick!!!!! they go it going at this years ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2009

Ugh, it makes me so upset that you brought up M.A.N.D.Y. vs Tiefschwarz after the total disaster that was Minitek last year. They were supposed to play but that festival was such a failure that I didn't even bother to go see them. :(

daft$tar
01-05-2009, 11:19 PM
PLEASE NO PRODIGY===zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

prodigy=watching paint dry=watching grass grow etc...

fuck off and die forever

xoxo

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Ugh, it makes me so upset that you brought up M.A.N.D.Y. vs Tiefschwarz after the total disaster that was Minitek last year. They were supposed to play but that festival was such a failure that I didn't even bother to go see them. :(

this is the typical internet bullshit

How are you going to judge on a performance you NEVER SHOWED THE FUCK UP TO?

what a lazy ass idiot/ignorant dumb ass

have you ever seen Tiefschwarz live?

there fucking SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Robototron
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
this is the typical internet bullshit

How are you going to judge on a performance you NEVER SHOWED THE FUCK UP TO?

what a lazy ass idiot/ignorant dumb ass

have you ever seen Tiefschwarz live?

there fucking SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

What the fuck are you freaking out over? I'm complaining that I didn't get to see them before when I had the chance, not saying they shouldn't be there. What the fuck???

malcolmjamalawesome
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
You are all gigantic pussies.

thegateisdown
01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
that shpongle video is rad. not that you need my validation, but they should totally play.

feather
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Shpongling in the Sahara would be too much fun.

benhur
01-06-2009, 10:00 PM
im thinking GusGus for a 7:00 slot on Saturday would be nice

All Your Base
01-07-2009, 06:23 AM

Werd.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
I would like to see:

Alter Ego (or just Roman Fluegel alone)

Format:B

The whole DIRTYBIRD crew (especially Worthy and Tim Green)

Sven Vath

Mihalis Saffras

Mauro Piccotto

BSOD (Deadmou5 and the kid who makes all his beats "Steve Duda")

Lutszenkirchen

Luciano

Joakim

Higher Contrast

Noisia

DSM 12

disqo
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh Joakim, Pleease....

Joakim is so nasty.

Let's get some.... YUKSEK as well. Herve would be nice too.

FelixPena
01-07-2009, 08:58 AM
JOHN DAHLBACK !

discobotica
01-07-2009, 10:51 AM

I agree fully.....they would be an awesome/still somewhat dancey change of pace from the majority of what will be in the sahara, much like chromeo was for me last year in between SMD and Justice......

CalmerThanYou
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna Jett Travolta so hard in the Sahara this year.

discobotica
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
what's a good BSOD song besides "this is also the hook"? it's the only one I've heard but I really like it..........Yuksek definitely can come too, disqo, you have made a strong first impression with discobotica.......

Drknowph
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Armand van helden would be cool..
hes been djing places these days

someone prolly allready mentioned this though

Robototron
01-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Armand van helden would be cool..
hes been djing places these days

someone prolly allready mentioned this though

"These days"? When did he stop DJing?

Brochella
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
what's a good BSOD song besides "this is also the hook"? it's the only one I've heard but I really like it..........Yuksek definitely can come too, disqo, you have made a strong first impression with discobotica.......

milton and choplifted are both good BSOD tracks...much better than this is also the hook in my opinion

discobotica
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
milton and choplifted are both good BSOD tracks...much better than this is also the hook in my opinion

aight, I'll check 'em out, thx

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM

A Bit Sketchy
Even More Sketchy
BSOD the song

FelixPena
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I just saw Armand van Helden Live last week on New Years Eve in Houston . SICK SET ! . if u look @ his schedule .. he rarely does gigs these days .. only special ones .. Ha(coachella09..hint hint).

boarderwoozel3
01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna Jett Travolta so hard in the Sahara this year.

http://www.hhv.de/images/stuff/36098_02.jpg

frozen pilgrim
01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
the shpongle train keeps growing in length

a circular vortex;
spinning
spinning
spinning
spinning
spinning
like this
oD59YybDrg8

just remember
I am the shaman

malcolmjamalawesome
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
So, I've made a decision.

The Bloody Beetroots will sound RIDICULOUS on the Sahara speakers.

Mordecai
01-07-2009, 06:51 PM

You have made the right decision.

feather
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
the shpongle train keeps growing in length

a circular vortex;
spinning
spinning
spinning
spinning
spinning
like this
oD59YybDrg8

just remember
I am the shaman

B E A U T I F U L video Luca. I imagine all us Shponglers would be in the Sahara, but rather than standing, lying on the ground effortlessly. The visuals like in that video would be on various screens, as well as the entire ceiling of the tent. We would hypnotically absorb what they perform sprawled on the grass in silence, and by the end a few clothes may come off but it's all good.

That's my vision.

CalmerThanYou
01-07-2009, 09:04 PM

This isnt a decision, brah, its a given.

paulb
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
http://discodust.com/images/the-bloody-beetroots-again.jpg

in the Boys Noize slot please...

Robototron
01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Can we all kindly STFU about Crookers, Bloody Beetroots, and Shpongle, please?

CalmerThanYou
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM

no?

betao
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM

The first two, sure. But Shpongle? no way.

discobotica
01-07-2009, 10:59 PM
I can think of worse sahara acts than shpongle......they wouldn't be my top choice, but I'd still get into it.......

Smokenut
01-07-2009, 11:06 PM
I would like to see:

Alter Ego (or just Roman Fluegel alone)

Format:B

The whole DIRTYBIRD crew (especially Worthy and Tim Green)

Sven Vath

Mihalis Saffras

Mauro Piccotto

BSOD (Deadmou5 and the kid who makes all his beats "Steve Duda")

Lutszenkirchen

Luciano

Joakim

Higher Contrast

Noisia

DSM 12

fuck yes!

and throw in trentmoller vs radioslave.

id rather Ricardo villalobos throw down over luciano(he is soft sometimes)

NOISIA would deff!! be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkkkkk

POLE(german band) would be tight during the afternoon in the sahara to chill on acid...or blunts

how about ROMAN FLUeGEL w/ Martin Buttrich live!

Smokenut
01-07-2009, 11:06 PM
or...

Fri:Jay-Z w/ the ROOTS(MTV unplugged), the Chemical Brothers DJ set W/ Visuals SAHARA exclusive 1am-4am

SatL:Outkast/the killers/ Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg(Classic ONLY set!-1992-2002)

Sun: George Clinton Mothership/the Who/ Led Zeppelin

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-08-2009, 07:36 AM
id rather Ricardo villalobos throw down over luciano(he is soft sometimes)

POLE(german band) would be tight during the afternoon in the sahara to chill on acid...or blunts

Villalobos has not played in the states for like 8 years...A combination between visa issues and his opposition to the Bush regime...And to be honest, Luciano brings it harder than he does...Ricardo plays weird kooky Balkan stuff...

Acid deep-frys your brains bro...Keep it baked, not fried, its the healthier choice...

coldstart
01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
We really need M.A.N.D.Y.:

xadzchO302g

CalmerThanYou
01-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I WANT MANDY NOW TOOO!!!!!!!

and i want that awesome mullet/bald head wig that one dude was wearing.

Mordecai
01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I WANT MANDY NOW TOOO!!!!!!!

and i want that awesome mullet/bald head wig that one dude was wearing.

I saw that too. So awesome.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Lot of PLUR going on in that video.

Anybody like Miles Dyson?

Vic Viper
01-08-2009, 05:25 PM
High Contrast
Breakfastaz
Stanton Warriors
Noisia
Infusion
Shpongle
Tycho (adequate substitute for a BoC performance that will never happen)

plz.

HEADSTRUCK
01-08-2009, 08:38 PM
High Contrast
Breakfastaz
Stanton Warriors
Noisia
Infusion
Shpongle
Tycho (adequate substitute for a BoC performance that will never happen)

plz.

besides shpongle that is the best list I have seen in here....
High Contrast
Breakfastaz
Stanton Warriors
Noisia
Infusion

SICK SICK SICK

Mordecai
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Lot of PLUR going on in that video.

Anybody like Miles Dyson?

Yes. Although not as much as a friend of mine, who would shit if he was at Coachella. North American tour coming up, possibly ending end of April ...

Edmontonian
01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Selections from Ratatat Remixes Vol. 1+2, LIVE, with guest rappers doing the lyrics.... not necessarily the original rappers, but that would be the bomb, but maybe just whoeve.

Brochella
01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Dubfire is gonna be in LA on the 18th. Could this mean a Sunday performance? Dubfire would fucking destroy the tent!

Mordecai
01-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Selections from Ratatat Remixes Vol. 1+2, LIVE, with guest rappers doing the lyrics.... not necessarily the original rappers, but that would be the bomb, but maybe just whoeve.

Ratatat rules. Maybe not in the Sahara but they belong at Coachella. Especially given their most recent album which kills.

Robototron
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Ratatat were awful in the Sahara in 07.

discobotica
01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
We really need M.A.N.D.Y.:

xadzchO302g

YESSSSSS.......DORTMUND RAIN RAVE........SOOOOO FKN PLUR............

discobotica
01-11-2009, 12:27 AM
question: how reliable are consequence of sound "confirmations"? do they have a good track record with past line-ups?

feather
01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
The realities of the Sahara Temple are drawing close my friends...let us revel a little more in predictions, but the battle is almost over.

Can't wait to see you all there.

betao
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
question: how reliable are consequence of sound "confirmations"? do they have a good track record with past line-ups?

Well all of their confirmations have links to where the actual confirmation is. Click on them and then form your own opinion.

I'd say most if not all are legit.

rage patton
01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Consequence of Sound only had a couple false confirmations last year. They are pretty damn good.

Derekx
01-11-2009, 12:42 PM
If I could see this in the Sahara I would die happy.
NCku2v24n70

cloud9
01-11-2009, 12:56 PM
oshpongle woli /be worsed then infect a msurom wold sitl l loved tose poepl dnace to tht sort of musci from outskrt of a sarahs tent

Mordecai
01-11-2009, 01:12 PM

I'm pretty sure they played Mojave in '07. Right after Lily Allen if I'm not mistaken. To be honest I don't remember much of the set. I thought their most recent album, LP3 was decent. Not amazing but decent.

Back on topic though. I haven't heard enough talk about the cube lately. It saddens me.

Robototron
01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they played Mojave in '07. Right after Lily Allen if I'm not mistaken. To be honest I don't remember much of the set. I thought their most recent album, LP3 was decent. Not amazing but decent.

Back on topic though. I haven't heard enough talk about the cube lately. It saddens me.

Oh yeah, you're right. Thought it was the Sahara.

rage patton
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
oshpongle woli /be worsed then infect a msurom wold sitl l loved tose poepl dnace to tht sort of musci from outskrt of a sarahs tent

YES!

drugks Gillespie
01-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Mandy was hanging out at coachella on the day that booka shade played last year. They played a private party for someone after hours. My friend hooked them up with some rolls.

bluemamba
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Steve Aoki w/ Lindsay Lohan and her girlfriend.

mindcradle
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Swedish House Mafia. Please.

PotVsKtl
01-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Beep beep boop. Beep beep boop. Cymbal rush.

cubrocker
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
ive got a good feeling in my heart underworld will be there.

...does this count as confirmed?

feather
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
A confirmation in the heart, sadly is not the same as on the poster :(

BUT it keeps the hope alive, so never let it die.

bluemamba
01-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Underworld would be awesome. Never seen them so id be excited to see them.

Hi Feather.

cubrocker
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
saw them at APW, they opened for radiohead. also met them at their gallery opening in manhattan a few days before. cool guys.

it was beautiful.

Botrocker
01-12-2009, 09:14 AM

Ratatat were not in the Sahara.

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-12-2009, 10:19 AM
kbvKUEXNaDU

Robototron
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Ratatat were not in the Sahara.

Yeah, I know. Maybe next time you should continue reading the thread before you post?

boarderwoozel3
01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
O HAI!

http://www.thetripwire.com/assets/images/coach18.jpg

feather
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
O look thats me hanging from the ceiling....actually that will happen this year. I'm ready to go wild in that thing!

malcolmjamalawesome
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Uh, actually, RATATAT FUCKING KILLED IT in their tent.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
It was like "Oh, Air is 45 minutes late, let's go check out what's going on in this te.... AHHHHHHH MY FACE AND MY BALLS!!!!!"

discobotica
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
this chick is mad PLUR ya'll......

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w153/elvis_hitler/1193446585943.gif

(not to mention her will smithed out chest......damn that's hot!!!)

rage patton
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
It was like "Oh, Air is 45 minutes late, let's go check out what's going on in this te.... AHHHHHHH MY FACE AND MY BALLS!!!!!"

This made me laugh.

Brochella
01-13-2009, 12:06 AM
If I could see this in the Sahara I would die happy.
NCku2v24n70

dark train is such a good goddamn song...but not as good as kittens!

emtgreg
01-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Uh, actually, RATATAT FUCKING KILLED IT in their tent.

oh my god that is so fucking truth

Boourns
01-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Sasha Grey DJ set FTW

brando4n82
01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Friday: Etienne de Crecy
Saturday: Chemical Brothers
Sunday: Future Sound of London

my dream Sahara headliners

brando4n82
01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
OH how can I forget?

Digitalism needs to play LIVE!!!!

emtgreg
01-14-2009, 12:12 AM
the sahara tent renamed the "kitsune maison" tent lulz

Shooters08
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Underworld would be awesome. Never seen them so id be excited to see them.

I was excited to see them too, until I did. Definitely not the Underworld of old. I saw them at the Warfield in SF with friends that use to love them. We ended up walking out 3/4 of the way through the show. I would definitely be disappointed if they were booked.

Derekx
01-14-2009, 07:18 AM
I was excited to see them too, until I did. Definitely not the Underworld of old. I saw them at the Warfield in SF with friends that use to love them. We ended up walking out 3/4 of the way through the show. I would definitely be disappointed if they were booked.

Shut up! You're ruining my dreams. :(

feather
01-14-2009, 07:57 AM

:eek: I need to see them first before I even take this statement into consideration, hopefully it was a rare off night.

betao
01-14-2009, 08:08 AM
It had to have been. When I saw them in August, they were excellent.

Mr. E
01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
TRENTEMOLLER ON THE SAHARA OR STFU

obzen
01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Sasha Grey DJ set FTW

word.

weezy f baby
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Black Holes.
LCD Soundsystem.
Les Petits Pilous.
Digitalism.
Thunderheist.
The Prodigy.
Drums Of Death.
Crookers.
Boys Noize.
Chemical Bros.
Mr. Oizo.

frozen pilgrim
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
the entirety of twisted records, please

discobotica
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
So I had a good today.......dropped one course that would have taken me to mexico, but I was so jealous of my friends going to chromeo in LA and other reasons that I dropped that class with 15 minutes to spare and added one that would allow me to see chromeo!!!! SO I'M GOING NOW!!!!! fuck yes, I rule!!!! COME ON COACHELLA LINE-UP!!!!!!!!!

feather
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I would not drop a class for Chromeo, however I DID arrange my Spring semester so I don't have school Thursday/Fridays in honor of my Coachella weekend.

Donaldj
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Sasha Grey DJ set FTW

She likes a lot of terrible goth music so a DJ set of her's would be painful.

Btw Boourns, I just recently got into Asobi Sesku, I don't see that show listed on ticketmaster.com. what's the word on it?

feather
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Donald, this is the perfect moment for you to post a picture back from the gothic days!

Donaldj
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
uh, no...

thank you come again...

feather
01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Well at least I have gotten to see it :)

Boourns
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
She likes a lot of terrible goth music so a DJ set of her's would be painful.

Btw Boourns, I just recently got into Asobi Sesku, I don't see that show listed on ticketmaster.com. what's the word on it?

Word is the show is announced on their myspace but tickets are not on sale yet. Keep checking ticketmaster.

discobotica
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I would not drop a class for Chromeo, however I DID arrange my Spring semester so I don't have school Thursday/Fridays in honor of my Coachella weekend.

That's the beauty of it girl, I added and dropped, and I added a class that will still allow me to graduate in december.....I wanna see animal collective too 1/23, but it's way too expensive for me.....but chromeo will be MAD worth it!!!!! find me a tenderoni!!!

feather
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Word is the show is announced on their myspace but tickets are not on sale yet. Keep checking ticketmaster.

I would definitely be down to go because my best friend lives in Westwood, 5 min from the Troubador. After Partayyyyyy Boourns!

Donaldj
01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
It's a Saturday night too Feather.

emtgreg
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM
" A man walks into a bar. His alcoholism is tearing his family apart"

feather
01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
It's a Saturday night too Feather.

I know! Too perfect. I don't work the next day, can spend the night at Miranda's, and I have yet to check out Boourns....uhhh I mean the Troubador.

discobotica
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
SAHARA TEMPLUR............OMG, ABORITION!!!!!!!

fakeblood
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
First of all... "we are the prodigy" That's a lock with the new album out march.
Soulwax - part of the weekend never dies. (+ 2manyDJs.. they don't mind the overtime)
Chemical bros.
Boys Noize
Herve, Sinden, Trevor lovey, Fake Blood.. fuck it... "Machines don't care" full line up
Crookers
Santogold (she can be the MIA for 2009)
Zombie Nation!!!

Donaldj
01-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Zombie Nation!!!

LoL, maybe a tagteam with Darude...

discobotica
01-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Santogold (she can be the MIA for 2009)

minus the extremely agro crowd......the rest sounds great!!!

nationocean
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
-DLxSbl1bmc

Boourns
01-15-2009, 11:08 AM
I would definitely be down to go because my best friend lives in Westwood, 5 min from the Troubador. After Partayyyyyy Boourns!

Awesome! And the Troubadour is awesome. Perfect size, 3 bars, free water, etc. Most bands (except for Coldplay and the Cure) hang out to chat with fans after the show inside the venue so no standing out in the cold like a groupie.

And w00t for after partay.

And in keeping in the spirit of this thread, maybe they can do a DJ set, too...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/djset1.jpg

Boourns
01-15-2009, 11:09 AM
minus the extremely agro crowd......the rest sounds great!!!

And minus the trainwrecking.

Gribbz
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM

Haha what happened during her set?

discobotica
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM

haha, yeah, that too.....good thing for me I left before the shit hit the fan to see AC in the mojave, my friends told me all about it though.....

slipmode
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM
qyKjaS3mn60

HEADSTRUCK
01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
LoL, maybe a tagteam with Darude...

i wouldnt even be shocked with that...lol I bet the tent would still be packed

betao
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
a bit unrelated, but

PRODIGY FANS: GO HERE!

http://www.coachella.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Donaldj
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
i wouldnt even be shocked with that...lol I bet the tent would still be packed

Calmer's own personal hell...

The absolute worst shit trance possible and ton's of kids running around

All Your Base
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
The level of evilness in this thread has been increased with that strawberry shit.

And I threw up in my mouth.

obzen
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM

i thought i was a skyscrapper and the Darth Vader on special k once-but thats crackers compared to DMT_________________________________:nono

HEADSTRUCK
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Calmer's own personal hell...

The absolute worst shit trance possible and ton's of kids running around

haha....I would have to say that would be pretty hellish

jlk2490
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
What I Want:

Soulwax
MSTRKRFT
Boys Noize
Deadmau5
Crookers
Bloody Beetroots
Daft Punk
Prodigy
Chem Bros
Sebastian

What I Expect:

Bloody Beetroots
Crystal Castles
Crookers
Late of the Pier
NASA
Herve

No matter what if the big names end up being all people like Neil Young, Killers, and Franz Ferdinand, I'll be spending a lot of time in the sahara this year. Hopefully they'll put Girl Talk there!

atomhimself
01-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Ok, this is more of my own personal wants... but would be nice none the less:

Mr.Oizo
Andy C
Subfocus
Calyx & Teebee
Optical & Ed Rush
Dieselboy

Uhh yeah :P

HEADSTRUCK
01-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Ok, this is more of my own personal wants... but would be nice none the less:

Mr.Oizo
Andy C
Subfocus
Calyx & Teebee
Optical & Ed Rush
Dieselboy

Uhh yeah :P
i would love that list but coachella doesnt get much good DnB

Boourns
01-16-2009, 01:15 AM
I want Crystal Castles in the mojave.

atomhimself
01-16-2009, 03:10 AM
i would love that list but coachella doesnt get much good DnB

Yeah, thats how it seems. I mean Pendulum made it out, but I guess they are more of the popular stuff. I knew I should have added a little more than DnB.

greenspicoli
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Anthony Rother would be awesome

RageAgainst
01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Crystal castles,Boiz NoiZ,chemical bros,and deadmau5 for sure!!
maybye moby he sure does bring down tha house

quicksand
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Zomby anybody?

discobotica
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
how about laidback luke to break the house down

malcolmjamalawesome
01-18-2009, 12:36 PM
aUUGblNjK20

discobotica
01-18-2009, 10:38 PM
VENGABOYS, fuck yes!!! mja, you post the funniest shit.....

arya.
01-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Stuart Price/Jacques Lu Cont/Thin White Duke please.

discobotica
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
except for the random manta ray slaying, this video kix ass........

VMRnnyR5DLw

Smokenut
01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
vengaboys would be great

and then chuck norris will come out

and beat everyone of them sensless

and he will perform his own CHUCK "IS NOCKIN' NIGGAS OUT" DJ set..(he would perform live, but his act is illegal in only 176 countries around the world).

cheers

give me at least magda! audion or tiefshwarsch

Smokenut
01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
...at least troy pierce or konrad black?

dag_kurt
01-20-2009, 09:22 AM
has no one mentioned grafton primary?

Drknowph
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
armin van buuren just got added,hes doin a 3 day set on the main stage

psychoc&ndy
01-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Zomby anybody?

yes please

where were u in 92'!

PassiveTheory